Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by madeinmn on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm

Also, her comment to him when he says that Ben Solo is Skywalker “you’re the first person to say that”... is interesting and frustrating at the same time. And I’m sure it is for Daisy too. Yes, people Ben Solo is the Skywalker!

Edited to say that it’s very cool to see Daisy chillin’ and being silly about Kylo. Kinda puts things in perspective, for me at least. I just love her.

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rey09 on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 5:06 pm

@madeinmn wrote:Also, her comment to him when he says that Ben Solo is Skywalker “you’re the first person to say that”... is interesting and frustrating at the same time. And I’m sure it is for Daisy too. Yes, people Ben Solo is the Skywalker!

Edited to say that it’s very cool to see Daisy chillin’ and being silly about Kylo. Kinda puts things in perspective, for me at least. I just love her.
@madeinmn

It's super sad he's the first person to say he's the skywalker. smh
I think her interview here negates Daisygate from last night for me lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by toolonelytosleep on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 7:37 pm

Well this is a nice change of pace. Smile

I do feel better about the interview with Steele; Daisy has this big smile on her face when she mentions, unprompted, there's "maybe" redemption. She doesn't have the best poker face, so I think she was trying to be diplomatic and hopeful at once without spoiling anything. It must be so frustrating to hold back, I don't think I'd be able to handle it lol.

And yes at finally outright saying that Kylo is a Skywalker! Can't believe it had to be said, but apparently a great portion of this fandom doesn't know how bloodlines work--or doesn't "count" the mother's side. This makes me wish for at least one scene with Leia and Kylo in TROS, or at least Kylo speaking of his mother if Leia passes away....
toolonelytosleep
toolonelytosleep
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 15 Apr 2019, 9:52 pm

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:20 am

@SheLitAFire

Ian is so sweet! - I want to adopt him as my grandpa! H-beating
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:25 am

I think that's why he made such a great bad guy. Tim Burton once said the actors who played bad guys were often nicer people than those who played the heroes.
Really glad Palpatine is going to be back, in one way or the other. Palpatine moulded Anakin into Vader, almost destroyed the Skywalker family. So, for the last of the line to finally end him for good brings the story full circle.
With a little help from Rey, of course.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:39 am

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/star-wars-celebration/2019/4/15/18311680/star-wars-episode-ix-emperor-palpatine-dead-theory-rumors-rise-of-skywalker

This is interesting- so the Emperor is dead? He mentions infinite paths and possibilities? So am thinking what about when Rey and Kylo are teleporting all over the place through time and space ( as MSW suggested in their patreon site ) they accidentally bring him back ? Just one way . Another way could be like a Sith ghost tied to the Death Star or holocron ?
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 2:23 am

I have a crack theory - his essence was inhabiting Snoke, and escaped into the Dark Side when Kylo offed him.

After all, look at Snoke's cleaved skull. How could someone survive that? Unless they were a host to someone else?(◔‿◔)
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 2:38 am

@Moonlight13

@whisperingwillow

Josh did a great job with these questions. Way more fun and (surprisingly) he’s the only one to nail that Ben Solo is a Skywalker! Praise this interview!!!
now we have all the clues to confirm our expectations, and what an expectation !!!
I can sleep more serene than ever.
the third chapter will be phenomenal Smile

Last edited by Teo oswald on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 2:38 am

@motherofpearl1
Anything is possible in Star Wars now ! Lol! Don’t rule anything out - Reading the wacky stuff on Reddit has even influenced me now as to where this all could go lol . After all they brought Maul back and Plagueis could resurrect so who knows what we’ll see. But yeah dark energy transfer is a power of the dark side in the last page of Book of the Sith (which we know Rian used for TLJ so why not JJ) which describes exactly what you’re suggesting . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 5:40 am

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_pq0zt3ZJDX1qh1qauo2_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_pq0zt3ZJDX1qh1qauo1_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq0zrzlpht1qg26fs_540

I love the expression on her face Laughing Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 6:10 am

Here's a creepy thought.
What if Palpatine (in Snoke) was grooming Kylo to be his next host? And it backfired?
I can't help but think that we were repeatedly told Snoke was 'not a Sith', but he displayed the Sith ability to throw Force lightning.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 6:32 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Here's a creepy thought.
What if Palpatine (in Snoke) was grooming Kylo to be his next host? And it backfired?
I can't help but think that we were repeatedly told Snoke was 'not a Sith', but he displayed the Sith ability to throw Force lightning.
@motherofpearl1

Wouldn't be the first time. In Legends, he tried to take over the body of Han and Leia's youngest child Anakin, just after he'd been born! Maybe they've been inspired by Legends in regards to Palpy here.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 8:00 am

First of all, I sincerely don't understand all this fuss about her interview. Actors are entitled to have their own opinion, but this will not change the course of the story (we've seen that before). Maybe that's her opinion, thinking about the end of TLJ. The thing about him killing a lot of people is just too weak. It's a space opera, the rules in this world are different, several characters - good and evil - killed a lot of people in SW. Duh!

And more importantly, if Reylo wasn't a thing, she could have debunked it as she did with FinnRey and Damerey. In other hand, I saw Daisy commenting on the possibility of redemption in some interviews.

It's the last movie, if there wasn't Reylo, they could say so. It isn't a question as important as redemption IMO. I'm not worried at all.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 8:09 am

@Teo oswald wrote:Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_pq0zt3ZJDX1qh1qauo2_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_pq0zt3ZJDX1qh1qauo1_540

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq0zrzlpht1qg26fs_540

I love the expression on her face Laughing Laughing
@Teo oswald

@Teo oswald wrote:@Moonlight13

@whisperingwillow

Josh did a great job with these questions. Way more fun and (surprisingly) he’s the only one to nail that Ben Solo is a Skywalker! Praise this interview!!!
now we have all the clues to confirm our expectations, and what an expectation !!!
I can sleep more serene than ever.
the third chapter will be phenomenal Smile
@Teo oswald

Josh Horowitz has always been really close to the cast and done great interviews in the past so I'm not surprised that he nailed this one too. He's the one who did that bit with Domnhall pitching Hux spin off ideas about a year ago. Hilarious!

ETA: Here's that ^ video if anyone hasn't seen it or wants to rewatch it! I just did and it still has me lol'ing. http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t734-domhnall-gleeson-appreciation-thead#182797

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 9:50 am

Secrets revealed about final 'Star Wars' film l GMA.

"Kathleen Kennedy is one of the few that has read the entire script."

GMA: Can you give me a word to sum it up?
KK: Hope.

If this is not good news, I don't know what it is.

Source: Good Morning America
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 10:53 am

I forgot. Did you notice Daisy's dress? The short hair and the black dress made me think of something "senseless", but I want to share it with you (so sorry...): Could it ever end with Rey going to the dark side?
Maybe not forever, but an ending like Revan and Bastila? Where a redeemed Ben Solo gets hit to bring her back to light and before she kill him she remembers who she is and stop the figh and they start kissing ...(OMG-OMG)
OMG ... maybe it shouldn't be put here ... where can I put the absurd thoughts that came to mind seeing the interview?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 2:27 pm

@Atenais wrote:Secrets revealed about final 'Star Wars' film l GMA.

"Kathleen Kennedy is one of the few that has read the entire script."

GMA: Can you give me a word to sum it up?
KK: Hope.

If this is not good news, I don't know what it is.

Source: Good Morning America
@Atenais

I am glad KK said hope! Sigh.. Really hope Ben Solo survives all this. Pls let it be... Although she did say that the movie was the epitome between good and evil and there was a lot of conflict in the movie.. But she thinks where it goes and what the resolution is very hopeful.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 6:00 pm

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 6 Tumblr_pq12pdpuiy1qh1qauo3_400

oh come on , not emo Smile he's just...Ben style
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 3:16 am

JJ ABRAMS - Behind the scenes - Star Wars celebration

If you’re a kid watching this a hundred years from now, 500 hundred years from now, you see this inevitability, the story concludes in a way that feels thrilling and shocking and funny and emotional and satisfying. wrote:

thrilling and shocking and funny and emotional and satisfying, I 've faith in JJ

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 7:02 am

I don’t know where to put this. Hilarious. Even my parents laughed. Not sure if non members of the Facebook group can see it, though.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/759403824161539/permalink/1786659371435974?sfns=mo
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 8:25 am

@Teo oswald wrote:JJ ABRAMS - Behind the scenes - Star Wars celebration

If you’re a kid watching this a hundred years from now, 500 hundred years from now, you see this inevitability, the story concludes in a way that feels thrilling and shocking and funny and emotional and satisfying. wrote:

thrilling and shocking and funny and emotional and satisfying, I 've faith in JJ

@Teo oswald

I liked how people cheered when Kylo appeared.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

@Atenais
yeah ,that made me smile Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 9:04 am

@Atenais wrote:

@Teo oswald

@Atenais

Yes! and I was watching one of the reaction videos from a crowd member at Celebration when the trailer was released and a whole bunch of people, cheered when they showed Rey at the beginning but also at that scene of Kylo that is in your signature and one guy in particular yelled out "yeah, boy!!" lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 9:22 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@Teo oswald

@Atenais

Yes! and I was watching one of the reaction videos from a crowd member at Celebration when the trailer was released and a whole bunch of people, cheered when they showed Rey at the beginning but also at that scene of Kylo that is in your signature and one guy in particular yelled out "yeah, boy!!" lol
@SheLitAFire

Do you have the link of the video? I want to see it!!!
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum