Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 9:26 am

@Atenais wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:JJ ABRAMS - Behind the scenes - Star Wars celebration

thrilling and shocking and funny and emotional and satisfying, I 've faith in JJ

@Teo oswald

I liked how people cheered when Kylo appeared.
@Atenais

Yes! and I was watching one of the reaction videos from a crowd member at Celebration when the trailer was released and a whole bunch of people, cheered when they showed Rey at the beginning but also at that scene of Kylo that is in your signature and one guy in particular yelled out "yeah, boy!!" lol
@SheLitAFire

Do you have the link of the video? I want to see it!!!
@Atenais

Had to look through my long youtube watch history list but I found it! Laughing watch allllll the way through, it's great. their reaction still gets me hyped

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 7 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:31 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:54 pm

@Moonlight13

I am dying to know what was the last scene she filmed! It had to be with Adam, because his makeup artist was there.. I am just hoping it all ends well for Ben Solo and a possible emotional happy Reylo moment... I am just keeping my expectations very low now sadly because of Daisy's other interview with Steele Wars.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 4:31 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:JJ ABRAMS - Behind the scenes - Star Wars celebration

thrilling and shocking and funny and emotional and satisfying, I 've faith in JJ

@Teo oswald

I liked how people cheered when Kylo appeared.
@Atenais

Yes! and I was watching one of the reaction videos from a crowd member at Celebration when the trailer was released and a whole bunch of people, cheered when they showed Rey at the beginning but also at that scene of Kylo that is in your signature and one guy in particular yelled out "yeah, boy!!" lol
@SheLitAFire

Do you have the link of the video? I want to see it!!!
@Atenais

Had to look through my long youtube watch history list but I found it! Laughing watch allllll the way through, it's great. their reaction still gets me hyped

@SheLitAFire

OMG, this video just made my day. How didn't I see it before? Believe me or not, I am crying. How I wish I was there, with that people, who truly cherish the saga. I felt their love. I'm so emotional rn.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 17 Apr 2019, 5:20 pm

@Atenais

Well, as soon as the trailer started, I hear heavy breathing and immediately thought of Reylo!!!
, Kylo's ship arrives and Rey runs, I screamed
Reylo !!!
when kylo makes a wresling-style move, I screamed
there you go man !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
and it was 1:45 in the morning ahah
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 2:51 am

I was in the overflow room and yes, Kylo got extra cheers when he appeared on screen in that room too.

I think that there are intense Kylo haters out there but also a lot of intense Kylo fans. As for the ones in-between - some of my colleagues, OT fans, are in this category - they will accept redemption too after TLJ. I think people underestimate what RJ achieved with Kylo in TLJ. I see more respect towards the character since TLJ. Even my former boss, who always makes fun of Kylo as a wuss, is stuck with mocking him in TFA but cannot use anything in TLJ to back it up, which pleases me to no extent :-)
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 4:14 pm

I can't remember if this was posted:
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 4:43 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:I can't remember if this was posted:
@Moonlight13

Seems JJ was not expecting Josh to say that Ben Solo is the last Skywalker, he prompted him "continue...." Heh..
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad Man on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 4:59 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Moonlight13

Seems JJ was not expecting Josh to say that Ben Solo is the last Skywalker, he prompted him "continue...." Heh..
@tukicarreno

That's not cool that even the director forgets or pretend to forget that Ben is a Skywalker. He looked surprised or just he is playing there.
And suggestion that if that is Ben rising that would be something horrible...

Sad Man
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Moonlight13

@tukicarreno

Loll he's like oo he nailed it but I have to maintain mystery box so will act coy.
Also good to know JJ doesn't want "to play games with audiences" Rolling Eyes
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:05 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@Moonlight13

@tukicarreno

Loll he's like oo he nailed it but I have to maintain mystery box so will act coy.
@rey09
I agree. I think he's just surprised (like Daisy was) that he's the only one who said it. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:37 pm

Hey all I know we are not keen on the time loop
theory here and how Palpatine and plagueis have done something to the timeline to ensure they rule for 10,000 years ( see my posts above today ) but this is the ending of clone wars season six and what yoda says ( bearing in mind R2 D2 has witnessed all of this because he went with yoda on his mystical
trials to face his shadow self and learn about the Cosmic force and how to become a force ghost) . The time loop , cursed for 10,000 years ( you could see it as a curse or spell/enchantment too which is very fairy tale like ) would explain force ghosts too and Luke’s phrase “ how no one ever really dies “ because they can’t properly be at rest . Anyway R2 has witnessed all of this and this is what yoda says at he end:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XRWOiKu6dac

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 7 81c5fc10

So there is a path and it’s coming to an end which would ensure victory for all time Smile

Whatever we all believe , there is hope and promise that it will be victorious and end the cycle and curse the skywalkers have been under Smile

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 6:45 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@Moonlight13

@tukicarreno

@rey09

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@Moonlight13

@tukicarreno

@rey09
I agree. I think he's just surprised (like Daisy was) that he's the only one who said it. Laughing
@Moonlight13

Exactly! That’s what I meant.. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 1:16 am

JJ "we weren't looking to play games with the audience..." yeah, that's exactly what they're doing but OK Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 1:22 am

@Night Huntress I think he's referring to the movie itself, not its marketing.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 1:30 am

@californiagirl wrote:@Night Huntress I think he's referring to the movie itself, not its marketing.
@californiagirl

Sorry to be such a cynic about this- but they did play games with the audience in many different ways.
And only seconds later when the interviewer said "Ben Solo is the only Skywalker, we know that for a fact" he STILL hesitates to give a straight answer! I mean come-on that is not a spoiler...just freaking say it! The title is still ambiguous enough what could it hurt?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 1:37 am

JJ definitely likes to play with the Reywalkers.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 5:12 am

Why did people go from ignoring Ben as a Skywalker to "He is the only Skywalker left"? Leia is still and even though she probably won't have a huge part in the film, it would be nice if people didn't ignore her being a Skywalker (as they always did).
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 12:05 pm

@Night Huntress That's what I mean, this is all just marketing. Come the actual film, I really doubt TROS will actually toy with the idea of Reywalker, which is what JJ is indicating. But trailers, titles, interviews, that's where they can mess with people.

JJ has a better poker face than Daisy with these questions. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 8:56 pm

Here's an article with quotes from Daisy, John, and Oscar. Mostly ooey gooey BFG stuff, but this quote jumped out:

“The great thing that J.J. shows is you see a proper friendship so it's not all like hunky-dory,” she says. “They're friends who clash sometimes. But also you have to be confident to have clashes with your friends and know that everything's going to be OK.”

Some level of interpersonal conflict! Yay!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2019/04/12/star-wars-rey-poe-and-finn-team-up-rise-skywalker/3453478002/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 9:00 pm

@Forsythia wrote:Why did people go from ignoring Ben as a Skywalker to "He is the only Skywalker left"? Leia is still and even though she probably won't have a huge part in the film, it would be nice if people didn't ignore her being a Skywalker (as they always did).
@Forsythia
-I was thinking the same thing! Also Luke may have died.. but he's not really gone - force ghost Luke still has a role to play.. and so may force ghost Anakin!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:42 am

Regarding Daisy and John's comments on a possible conflict in their friendship....
Do they find out about the Force bond? And how she practically sent herself gift wrapped to Kylo? Because I don't see Poe being very happy about that, and Finn will be in the middle.
And will Hux find out who really killed Snoke?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:14 pm

Interview of John Boyega by Entertainment Tonight. May I say that I have growing respect for Daisy Ridley and John Boyega because they are the ones shouldering a lot of the promotion since the very beginning and I am really tired of people dissecting their every word and criticizing them. If we had to depend on others, we’d have nothing to chew on, so would be nice to acknowledge their efforts because it probably ain’t easy to look enthusiastic for every interview while trying to avoid spilling the beans. The promotional stuff is probably part of their contracts as opposed to others, but still, I think they are doing a great job in selling the movie as much as they can.

So Finn is trying to dodge Kylo Ren and figure out what’s going on with Rey and all this stuff.

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1116785518279159809?s=21
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:58 pm

Yes, they are great professionals. Respect.
Certain grumpy grandpa could learn something.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 2:11 pm

Even if sometimes I cringe because I think about how the fandom is going to take something they say, I also have respect for Daisy and John trying to give the fans something to chew on while also staying as vague as possible. Not everybody can take the Adam Driver route of barely being part of the promotion and then dancing entirely around questions the rare times he is. Can you imagine how repetitive things would get if Daisy and John took that path, too? They're expected to say something and they're balancing it as best they can. Maybe not always perfectly, but in the end it's on the fans if they read too much into what they say.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum