Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by MrsWindu on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 5:34 pm

@AhsokaTano
@Kyla Ren

ALL CREDIT TO Sleemo who transcribed that interview


Daisy Ridley: "(sing-song voice) [Adam Driver and I] actually joke the whole time! We just walk around swinging our sabers! Yeah, no it's not a laugh riot." "Yeah [there's unique material I get to do with Adam in the new movie]. It was umm...yeah. I think it, I think it...I just think they've just done a great job with all the relationships like with the fun friendships and with the sort of strange thing with Rey and Kylo [Ren].



And the thing is too, it's...we finished Episode VIII and you know where Rey is entirely so it's...yeah it was interesting going into that and sort of figuring out where that was going and there was a way that J. J. [Abrams] was describing it as we were doing it, and I was like, 'god that's so true that really is like what this film is for Rey,' (smacks lips) I think people are going to like it! I really do.



Also we have a great fight...a great fight. And I was really happy that the Vanity Fair pictures did show a bit of it. It's a great fight. Like I've become such a better fighter and they've made the Lightsabers lighter so it actually looks like we're swinging light and not like heavy, heavy." "I have seen [a bit of what the fight looks like on video]. I have." "This fight we did, it was [in] November [2018], we had water being thrown at us and I got a great deal of respect because I did not...I was 'I was not gonna complain about the cold, I'm just not gonna do it,' so it was like a real thing of stamina and it just felt...it feels really epic and it felt epic even at the times where I thought we'll imagine we had the waves like this and then they get up and make the waves I'm sure bigger. So one can only imagine what it's gonna look like."

So there really is a fight sequence similar to how VF set it up for Rey and Ben ?? I’m curious about this epic fight - Daisy sure seems excited by it
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1024
Likes : 5851
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:51 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:@AhsokaTano
@Kyla Ren

ALL CREDIT TO Sleemo who transcribed that interview


Daisy Ridley: "(sing-song voice) [Adam Driver and I] actually joke the whole time! We just walk around swinging our sabers! Yeah, no it's not a laugh riot." "Yeah [there's unique material I get to do with Adam in the new movie]. It was umm...yeah. I think it, I think it...I just think they've just done a great job with all the relationships like with the fun friendships and with the sort of strange thing with Rey and Kylo [Ren].



And the thing is too, it's...we finished Episode VIII and you know where Rey is entirely so it's...yeah it was interesting going into that and sort of figuring out where that was going and there was a way that J. J. [Abrams] was describing it as we were doing it, and I was like, 'god that's so true that really is like what this film is for Rey,' (smacks lips) I think people are going to like it! I really do.



Also we have a great fight...a great fight. And I was really happy that the Vanity Fair pictures did show a bit of it. It's a great fight. Like I've become such a better fighter and they've made the Lightsabers lighter so it actually looks like we're swinging light and not like heavy, heavy." "I have seen [a bit of what the fight looks like on video]. I have." "This fight we did, it was [in] November [2018], we had water being thrown at us and I got a great deal of respect because I did not...I was 'I was not gonna complain about the cold, I'm just not gonna do it,' so it was like a real thing of stamina and it just felt...it feels really epic and it felt epic even at the times where I thought we'll imagine we had the waves like this and then they get up and make the waves I'm sure bigger. So one can only imagine what it's gonna look like."

So there really is a fight sequence similar to how VF set it up for Rey and Ben ?? I’m curious about this epic fight - Daisy sure seems excited by it
@MrsWindu

Well let's just hope there is a big kiss too after that epic fight! Cannot wait to see it!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3386
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 7:58 am



interviewer: what do you like best about how things ended up for Rey in TLJ?
DR: at the end it felt like oh this is strange because it felt like such a finish, but then JJ figured out a way to take the film in such a different direction





SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2069
Likes : 7900
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:32 am

Just saw the teaser reel! Loved watching Rey go dark but really think that is only a vision or something misleading...

As usual JJ only gives us scenes of Rey & Kylo fighting in the Star Destroyer, pretty cool but...
I wish he would give us other kind of moments between them in trailers. Sigh... The general audience is going to keep thinking they will and always will be enemies and nothing more... Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3386
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Maria26 on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:43 am

@tukicarreno wrote:Just saw the teaser reel! Loved watching Rey go dark but really think that is only a vision or something misleading...

As usual JJ only gives us scenes of Rey & Kylo fighting in the Star Destroyer, pretty cool but...
I wish he would give us other kind of moments between them in trailers. Sigh... The general audience is going to keep thinking they will and always will be enemies and nothing more... Neutral
@tukicarreno

this is not the official trailer though, just a sizzle reel.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 119
Likes : 514
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : Sitting on Hades's throne.

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Lovely_Rose on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:44 am

I'm curious to see what kind of things they'll say to each other in their force bond before they fight lol. If they interact before that time, anyway.

Any other footage would be too reylo-esque I suspect. I think their moments of non fighting will be too intimate to show this early on in marketing. Since LF seems to want to wait until October to get it started full-on. Rolling Eyes

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 272
Likes : 1396
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by MaddieDove on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 6:54 pm

I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

Because this is becoming tiresome, to see the same faces again, Daisy, John, Oscar... With all due respect, I'm not getting more excited by hearing them again trying to find another angle to tell that little they can tell about them. We've been there in June already. There's saturation with Boyega and Daisy, I like them, but please give us some more.

I like the sense of a glorious come back of Kelly Marie Tran! Disney saw how warmly the fans welcomed her in SD, and now both she and the company seem to be more confident in her. She's glowing!
(Luke is so old news...)
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 166
Likes : 766
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-05

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:06 am



Latest SWS episode. Interviews with cast start at 5:53
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2069
Likes : 7900
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:04 pm

@MaddieDove wrote:I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

Because this is becoming tiresome, to see the same faces again, Daisy, John, Oscar... With all due respect, I'm not getting more excited by hearing them again trying to find another angle to tell that little they can tell about them. We've been there in June already. There's saturation with Boyega and Daisy, I like them, but please give us some more.

I like the sense of a glorious come back of Kelly Marie Tran! Disney saw how warmly the fans welcomed her in SD, and now both she and the company seem to be more confident in her. She's glowing!
(Luke is so old news...)
@MaddieDove

I know! I really hope and pray that Adam is present for the most of the TROS press tour starting in November, especially now that I see him in all the film festivals... He is always at those and never at the SW events or conventions. Fingers crossed that we will see him in interviews with the whole SW cast & Daisy. It's the last chance!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3386
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:14 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

Because this is becoming tiresome, to see the same faces again, Daisy, John, Oscar... With all due respect, I'm not getting more excited by hearing them again trying to find another angle to tell that little they can tell about them. We've been there in June already. There's saturation with Boyega and Daisy, I like them, but please give us some more.

I like the sense of a glorious come back of Kelly Marie Tran! Disney saw how warmly the fans welcomed her in SD, and now both she and the company seem to be more confident in her. She's glowing!
(Luke is so old news...)
@MaddieDove

I know! I really hope and pray that Adam is present for the most of the TROS press tour starting in November, especially now that I see him in all the film festivals... He is always at those and never at the SW events or conventions. Fingers crossed that we will see him in interviews with the whole SW cast & Daisy. It's the last chance!
@tukicarreno
Adam will be around for the final marketing run after the theatrical trailer drops in October. He's never present during the early marketing because his character is too spoilerific (and I assume because Adam has a contract that states he doesn't have to appear at many cons or events). He'll be around for what matters, don't worry. Very Happy
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4247
Likes : 36649
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Atenais on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:07 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

Because this is becoming tiresome, to see the same faces again, Daisy, John, Oscar... With all due respect, I'm not getting more excited by hearing them again trying to find another angle to tell that little they can tell about them. We've been there in June already. There's saturation with Boyega and Daisy, I like them, but please give us some more.

I like the sense of a glorious come back of Kelly Marie Tran! Disney saw how warmly the fans welcomed her in SD, and now both she and the company seem to be more confident in her. She's glowing!
(Luke is so old news...)
@MaddieDove

I know! I really hope and pray that Adam is present for the most of the TROS press tour starting in November, especially now that I see him in all the film festivals... He is always at those and never at the SW events or conventions. Fingers crossed that we will see him in interviews with the whole SW cast & Daisy. It's the last chance!
@tukicarreno
Adam will be around for the final marketing run after the theatrical trailer drops in October. He's never present during the early marketing because his character is too spoilerific (and I assume because Adam has a contract that states he doesn't have to appear at many cons or events). He'll be around for what matters, don't worry. Very Happy
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, I hope so. As everybody here, I want to see more of him too. I'm so curious to hear his thoughts about the movie and his character.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 559
Likes : 2497
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by AcrosstheStars on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 11:59 am

There is a very long piece about Adam in the New Yorker today. Mostly focuses on his life/background and other projects past and future, but there are a few bits about Star Wars.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/10/28/adam-driver-the-original-man

JJ was quoted for it, and he said something that I think a lot of us thought, essentially that Kylo is still empty despite his hollow “victory” on Crait.
Kylo Ren is the J. Alfred Prufrock of space: a self-conscious poseur, needled by his own insecurities. J. J. Abrams, who cast Driver in the role, said, “Kylo Ren feels like he hasn’t arrived. Even as he becomes supreme leader, he is wanting. It’s like anyone you know who thinks that, when he arrives where he’s going, he will feel fulfilled. For Kylo, the hole only gets bigger.”

And Adam adds his own thoughts on Kylo, Leia, and Han. I can’t remember if he’s said something like this before, or if I’m just thinking of things some of y’all have written.

He described Kylo Ren, in “Star Wars,” as “the son of these two religious zealots”—meaning Han Solo and Leia—who “can be conceived as being committed to this religion above all else, above family.”

Interesting read for sure. And another reminder of why I would never, ever want to be famous. The nonsense he and other celebrities deal with is way beyond anything I could put up with. No
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 141
Likes : 674
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 4:19 pm

Nothing really major here, but does indicate we're starting to get cast interviews. Always nice to know Daisy was happy and comfortable on set, unlike the way certain groups make her out to be some helpless victim.

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a29621926/daisy-ridley-marie-claire-power-trip/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1913
Likes : 9897
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by nickandnora on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 5:17 pm

Not sure why this isn't being talked about or if I missed it, but:

https://twitter.com/omaze/status/1189210506399244289

Adam being deadpan and hilarious for a cause (anyone feel like trying their luck?)

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 633
Likes : 3318
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by 12 Parsnips on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 6:19 pm

@nickandnora wrote:Not sure why this isn't being talked about or if I missed it, but:

https://twitter.com/omaze/status/1189210506399244289

Adam being deadpan and hilarious for a cause (anyone feel like trying their luck?)
@nickandnora

I donated! If I get picked I promise to tell you all all about it. Wink


Last edited by 12 Parsnips on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 273
Likes : 1134
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by DeeBee on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 3:43 am

saw this on starwars.com today..

I love the question mark!!!
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Star-wars-insider-193-1

I think this is the first time I've seen a question mark after labeling Kylo a villain or evil..
sunny

Source: HERE


Last edited by DeeBee on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1341
Likes : 3990
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rawpowah on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 3:48 am

When does the magazine appear?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 979
Likes : 4865
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by DeeBee on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 3:55 am

@rawpowah -hiya!
I found this HERE. sorry I forgot to add this, I'll go back and edit my comment.

I went hunting.. the issue is released 29 october.. and they've shared a few preview pages!
source: https://titanmagazines.com/t/star-wars-insider/us/193/
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Spread_2_3
-can anyone read what it says?!

"In this galactic issue, Insider introduces the villains and heroes of the thrilling new Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker , plus:
-Part one of our exclusive two-part chat with the C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels.
-Insider previews the new live-action Star Wars TV series, The Mandalorian .
-We explore the story arcs of Luke, Leia, and Rey as our journey through the Skywalker saga reaches Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017).
-With help from a Star Wars concept artist and a renowned puffin expert, Insider uncovers the inspiration behind the lifestyle of the porgs."

Anyone sharing?


Last edited by DeeBee on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 4:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added and edited comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1341
Likes : 3990
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:27 am

@DeeBee wrote:@rawpowah -hiya!
I found this HERE. sorry I forgot to add this, I'll go back and edit my comment.

I went hunting.. the issue is released 29 october.. and they've shared a few preview pages!
source: https://titanmagazines.com/t/star-wars-insider/us/193/
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Spread_2_3
-can anyone read what it says?!

"In this galactic issue, Insider introduces the villains and heroes of the thrilling new Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker , plus:
-Part one of our exclusive two-part chat with the C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels.
-Insider previews the new live-action Star Wars TV series, The Mandalorian .
-We explore the story arcs of Luke, Leia, and Rey as our journey through the Skywalker saga reaches Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017).
-With help from a Star Wars concept artist and a renowned puffin expert, Insider uncovers the inspiration behind the lifestyle of the porgs."

Anyone sharing?
@DeeBee

This is really hard to read, but here’s my best attempt. (?) means I’m not positive but it looks like that word; ___ means I have no idea what the word is.

Kylo Ren:
“Since assuming the mantle(?) of Supreme Leader of the First Order after the death of Snoke, the antagonistic(?) and intimidating Kylo Ren now wields more power than ever before. Hungry for even more, Ren ___ the galaxy for the darkest secrets of the Force in his quest for ultimate supremacy.”

Hux:
“The ruthless and volatile(?) First Order general remains ___ to crush(?) the rebellious(?) Resistance and bring order to the galaxy through a combination of brute force and terror(?).”

Knights of Ren:
“Ominous, mysterious, and ___, the Knights of Ren are members of an(?) ___ of ___ warriors(?) and the ___ enforcers of Kylo Ren’s dark will. Each wields a distinctive weapon best suited to their individual repertoire(?) in close(?) quarter(?) and engaged combat, such as a war club, a king axe(?), an arm(?) ___, and a ___ ___.”

Sith Troopers:
“Imbued(?) with a fanatical devotion to the First Order, the Sith troopers are an elite force of stormtroopers that draw inspiration and power from a dark and ancient legacy. Aggressive and well-trained, the Sith troopers are adept in armed and unarmed combat, and are equipped with an array of deadly energy weapons and ___.”

And now my eyes hurt. I don’t recommend trying to squint at that on a smartphone screen. cyclops Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 141
Likes : 674
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rawpowah on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 8:13 am

@DeeBee Thanks 🌞🌞
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 979
Likes : 4865
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 12:50 pm

Naomi Ackie interview.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-10-30/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-naomi-ackie-jannah

“It means that whatever characters [are introduced] now have to add to wrapping up the story, because we know this is the end of the Skywalker saga,” Ackie said. “Her importance to the story has to be relevant — and it feels relevant, definitely, for some of the characters and for the larger picture.”

the final stages of the process included a chemistry read with Boyega.

So... Finn's sister? I'm not generally obsessed with everyone being related, but I've actually been attached to this idea since it started going around the rumor mill early this year. It would flow well with Finn's arc of "I was ripped from a family I'll never know." And part of the supposed leak was that she was a runaway stormtrooper? I just want it so much. I just want them to lead a stormtrooper rebellion together, though I'm ready to accept if it doesn't happen. Interesting how cagey they're being about her, and how we don't know what her, Finn, or the Resistance character are doing later in the film. Of course there's the Lando's daughter/granddaughter rumors too, which I'm less keen on, but hey, gotta have competing theories.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Scree624

Preach!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1913
Likes : 9897
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SkyStar on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 12:53 pm

I kind of always liked the story that it is Finn who finds his long lost relatives.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1462
Likes : 6818
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by nickandnora on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 12:55 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Naomi Ackie interview.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-10-30/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-naomi-ackie-jannah

“It means that whatever characters [are introduced] now have to add to wrapping up the story, because we know this is the end of the Skywalker saga,” Ackie said. “Her importance to the story has to be relevant — and it feels relevant, definitely, for some of the characters and for the larger picture.”

the final stages of the process included a chemistry read with Boyega.

So... Finn's sister? I'm not generally obsessed with everyone being related, but I've actually been attached to this idea since it started going around the rumor mill early this year. It would flow well with Finn's arc of "I was ripped from a family I'll never know." And part of the supposed leak was that she was a runaway stormtrooper? I just want it so much. I just want them to lead a stormtrooper rebellion together, though I'm ready to accept if it doesn't happen. Interesting how cagey they're being about her, and how we don't know what her, Finn, or the Resistance character are doing later in the film. Of course there's the Lando's daughter/granddaughter rumors too, which I'm less keen on, but hey, gotta have competing theories.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Scree624

Preach!
@californiagirl

Yeah, Finn's family makes more sense to me because Finn is an established character, and (even though it's a bit cutesy coincidental), there does seem to be some in-story mechanism to make the idea that they found each other make sense.

Spoiler:
Because Lando is only being introduced now, it makes way less sense to just have her be his long-lost daughter. Now, IF in fact the twist is that Lando, Finn, and this other character are ALL related, that might be a bit much, but maybe it could work. Point is, Finn is the missing link to have it make sense.

Interesting to note that if she's Finn's sister (which I agree this interview seems to lend itself to more), the leaks are wrong on this front.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 633
Likes : 3318
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 1:00 pm

@californiagirl
I'd love it if she was Finn's sister, I always wanted Finn to find his family. Smile
@nickandnora
I agree with you.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1054
Likes : 5144
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 3:14 pm

@DeeBee wrote:saw this on starwars.com today..

I love the question mark!!!

I think this is the first time I've seen a question mark after labeling Kylo a villain or evil..
sunny

Source: HERE
@DeeBee

I am always confused with SW Insider. I ordered some weeks ago 4 issues starting with number 192 because it was going through TFA and so I assumed they would continue with an issue on TLJ and one on TRoS. When I look in the newsstand store, it says next issue 193 is only coming out on November 28th, but this says it’s already out. I guess I’ll have to wait and see if it shows up in my postbox.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1911
Likes : 9431
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum