Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by MrsWindu on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 5:34 pm

@AhsokaTano
@Kyla Ren

ALL CREDIT TO Sleemo who transcribed that interview

Daisy Ridley: "(sing-song voice) [Adam Driver and I] actually joke the whole time! We just walk around swinging our sabers! Yeah, no it's not a laugh riot." "Yeah [there's unique material I get to do with Adam in the new movie]. It was umm...yeah. I think it, I think it...I just think they've just done a great job with all the relationships like with the fun friendships and with the sort of strange thing with Rey and Kylo [Ren].

And the thing is too, it's...we finished Episode VIII and you know where Rey is entirely so it's...yeah it was interesting going into that and sort of figuring out where that was going and there was a way that J. J. [Abrams] was describing it as we were doing it, and I was like, 'god that's so true that really is like what this film is for Rey,' (smacks lips) I think people are going to like it! I really do.

Also we have a great fight...a great fight. And I was really happy that the Vanity Fair pictures did show a bit of it. It's a great fight. Like I've become such a better fighter and they've made the Lightsabers lighter so it actually looks like we're swinging light and not like heavy, heavy." "I have seen [a bit of what the fight looks like on video]. I have." "This fight we did, it was [in] November [2018], we had water being thrown at us and I got a great deal of respect because I did not...I was 'I was not gonna complain about the cold, I'm just not gonna do it,' so it was like a real thing of stamina and it just felt...it feels really epic and it felt epic even at the times where I thought we'll imagine we had the waves like this and then they get up and make the waves I'm sure bigger. So one can only imagine what it's gonna look like."

So there really is a fight sequence similar to how VF set it up for Rey and Ben ?? I’m curious about this epic fight - Daisy sure seems excited by it
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:51 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:@AhsokaTano
@Kyla Ren

ALL CREDIT TO Sleemo who transcribed that interview

Daisy Ridley: "(sing-song voice) [Adam Driver and I] actually joke the whole time! We just walk around swinging our sabers! Yeah, no it's not a laugh riot." "Yeah [there's unique material I get to do with Adam in the new movie]. It was umm...yeah. I think it, I think it...I just think they've just done a great job with all the relationships like with the fun friendships and with the sort of strange thing with Rey and Kylo [Ren].

And the thing is too, it's...we finished Episode VIII and you know where Rey is entirely so it's...yeah it was interesting going into that and sort of figuring out where that was going and there was a way that J. J. [Abrams] was describing it as we were doing it, and I was like, 'god that's so true that really is like what this film is for Rey,' (smacks lips) I think people are going to like it! I really do.

Also we have a great fight...a great fight. And I was really happy that the Vanity Fair pictures did show a bit of it. It's a great fight. Like I've become such a better fighter and they've made the Lightsabers lighter so it actually looks like we're swinging light and not like heavy, heavy." "I have seen [a bit of what the fight looks like on video]. I have." "This fight we did, it was [in] November [2018], we had water being thrown at us and I got a great deal of respect because I did not...I was 'I was not gonna complain about the cold, I'm just not gonna do it,' so it was like a real thing of stamina and it just felt...it feels really epic and it felt epic even at the times where I thought we'll imagine we had the waves like this and then they get up and make the waves I'm sure bigger. So one can only imagine what it's gonna look like."

So there really is a fight sequence similar to how VF set it up for Rey and Ben ?? I’m curious about this epic fight - Daisy sure seems excited by it
@MrsWindu

Well let's just hope there is a big kiss too after that epic fight! Cannot wait to see it!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 7:58 am

interviewer: what do you like best about how things ended up for Rey in TLJ?
DR: at the end it felt like oh this is strange because it felt like such a finish, but then JJ figured out a way to take the film in such a different direction

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:32 am

Just saw the teaser reel! Loved watching Rey go dark but really think that is only a vision or something misleading...

As usual JJ only gives us scenes of Rey & Kylo fighting in the Star Destroyer, pretty cool but...
I wish he would give us other kind of moments between them in trailers. Sigh... The general audience is going to keep thinking they will and always will be enemies and nothing more... Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:43 am

@tukicarreno wrote:Just saw the teaser reel! Loved watching Rey go dark but really think that is only a vision or something misleading...

As usual JJ only gives us scenes of Rey & Kylo fighting in the Star Destroyer, pretty cool but...
I wish he would give us other kind of moments between them in trailers. Sigh... The general audience is going to keep thinking they will and always will be enemies and nothing more... Neutral
@tukicarreno

this is not the official trailer though, just a sizzle reel.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 8:44 am

I'm curious to see what kind of things they'll say to each other in their force bond before they fight lol. If they interact before that time, anyway.

Any other footage would be too reylo-esque I suspect. I think their moments of non fighting will be too intimate to show this early on in marketing. Since LF seems to want to wait until October to get it started full-on. Rolling Eyes

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Mon 26 Aug 2019, 6:54 pm

I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

Because this is becoming tiresome, to see the same faces again, Daisy, John, Oscar... With all due respect, I'm not getting more excited by hearing them again trying to find another angle to tell that little they can tell about them. We've been there in June already. There's saturation with Boyega and Daisy, I like them, but please give us some more.

I like the sense of a glorious come back of Kelly Marie Tran! Disney saw how warmly the fans welcomed her in SD, and now both she and the company seem to be more confident in her. She's glowing!
(Luke is so old news...)
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:06 am

Latest SWS episode. Interviews with cast start at 5:53
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:04 pm

@MaddieDove wrote:I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

Because this is becoming tiresome, to see the same faces again, Daisy, John, Oscar... With all due respect, I'm not getting more excited by hearing them again trying to find another angle to tell that little they can tell about them. We've been there in June already. There's saturation with Boyega and Daisy, I like them, but please give us some more.

I like the sense of a glorious come back of Kelly Marie Tran! Disney saw how warmly the fans welcomed her in SD, and now both she and the company seem to be more confident in her. She's glowing!
(Luke is so old news...)
@MaddieDove

I know! I really hope and pray that Adam is present for the most of the TROS press tour starting in November, especially now that I see him in all the film festivals... He is always at those and never at the SW events or conventions. Fingers crossed that we will see him in interviews with the whole SW cast & Daisy. It's the last chance!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 11:14 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:I really want Adam Driver to promote his film and talk about his character.

(Luke is so old news...)
@MaddieDove

I know! I really hope and pray that Adam is present for the most of the TROS press tour starting in November, especially now that I see him in all the film festivals... He is always at those and never at the SW events or conventions. Fingers crossed that we will see him in interviews with the whole SW cast & Daisy. It's the last chance!
@tukicarreno
Adam will be around for the final marketing run after the theatrical trailer drops in October. He's never present during the early marketing because his character is too spoilerific (and I assume because Adam has a contract that states he doesn't have to appear at many cons or events). He'll be around for what matters, don't worry. Very Happy
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:07 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:

(Luke is so old news...)
@MaddieDove

@tukicarreno
Adam will be around for the final marketing run after the theatrical trailer drops in October. He's never present during the early marketing because his character is too spoilerific (and I assume because Adam has a contract that states he doesn't have to appear at many cons or events). He'll be around for what matters, don't worry. Very Happy
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, I hope so. As everybody here, I want to see more of him too. I'm so curious to hear his thoughts about the movie and his character.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum