Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by MaddieDove on Thu 31 Oct 2019, 8:31 pm

I think the fear of being somehow the cause of her parents’ death can remain in the subtext, without the need for being the actual background. Psychologically, it is something Rey as a child would certainly struggle with – an attempt to explain the abandonment. All children love their parents and see them as almighty and always right, and sometimes they think they themselves are the reason of the parents being angry with them, or abandoning them. That’s the darkness both Rey and Kylo struggle with, as characters coded as adolescents growing up. Rey can fear that she was violent, impulsive bad girl that did something that caused her parents to leave her. She refused to think about that for a long time, she was in denial and hoped that they will return, but when she’s confronted with the raw power inside her and the teaching about the Force, she goes right to the dark because it was always there, under the surface, in the form of her deepest fear about herself. Kylo is hurt by his parents’ abandonment when he was the most vulnerable (a child with raw power, influenced by malevolent Snoke, with neglectful parents – sceptical, rolling stone Han and politically ambitious Leia, who was also in denial about Vader’s legacy). His parents made a mistake, but in child’s eyes, they could have been right, maybe he really was a bad boy who deserved to be rejected and sent to correction Jedi camp. It’s the same fear of one’s own capacity for doing mighty things with the Force. Rey struggles, while Ben once, in his anger towards Luke, his family and the Jedi order who betrayed him, broke under pressure and made the decision to be that bad boy, the monster he believed they already thought him to be anyways. They are the same, and they recognize that, Rey and Ben, when they are inside each other’s heads.

We hear in the trailer that Luke will tell them that confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi. Since Ben is older than Rey, he can teach her not to make the same mistake, when he realizes it. Luke asking for forgiveness is a way towards it, and only when Ben understands himself better, he can support Rey in her own journey of self discovery, in a way much better than that horrible proposal. (It’s Darcy all over again, the story lives forever. Smile ) So yes, the parents issue has to be dealt with for both characters, and I hope it will be subtle but effective. I would prefer psychological explanation and resolution better than the reveal of the galactic proportions. They both have to forgive to their missing parents and to themselves for being angry, hurt, frightened and far from the Jedi ideals. It can be shown trough their actions, and not necessarily through info dump about the past that would somehow just explain everything.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by snufkin on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 1:37 pm

@MaddieDove I agree about it being subtext and psychological. That's a big part of what I really like about the ST, how they've allowed the characters (including the OT characters) to be flushed out more as full, feeling characters instead of how the OT was frequently like an opera with the OTP emotions. Especially with both Ben and Rey, whose introduction could have been a silent film but you instantly get taken into who she is and how grinding/isolated/lonely her life is w/out a single line of exposition. It's why I don't think it matters if the story drops some type "No, I am your father" bomb on the characters because it's irrelevant/already there in the performances and story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 5:21 pm

Does anyone know when the Press tour for TROS officially starts?

I remember TLJ press started in Mexico City around Nov 21st with Mark and Daisy so it's coming up.Hopefully Adam will be done filming Annette soon so he gets to go to all the stops like he did for TFA.

It's the last movie so I hope JJ gets him involved! I don't want to see Daisy and John or boring trio interviews all the time. lol
It's time for some Daisy & Adam joint interviews, now or never JJ! So fingers crossed! Smile
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 5:43 pm

I think Adam is done with Annette mid Nov so he’ll probs do the TROS press tour after that!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by toolonelytosleep on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 5:57 pm

I'm hoping for Daisy and Adam to have at least one interview together too. Although, I think that has a better chance of happening after TROS premieres rather than before, but we'll wait and see.

More than anything though, I want the cast members to be given more interesting questions instead of having to answer with predictable responses like, "This movie is really satisfying" or "The ending is really satisfying" or "The conclusion to the Star Wars saga is really satisfying". Razz

I mean no disrespect to the actors because I know they can't spoil anything, and interviewers have a tendency of asking the same questions again and again. I'm just too impatient (and crabby) for some new info and press. silent
toolonelytosleep
toolonelytosleep
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 6:20 pm

MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 6:59 pm

@MrsWindu

Got it. Thanks! Praying that Adam goes to all these events... Hopefully LF & JJ already planned the whole press tour schedule for the cast.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 08 Nov 2019, 2:47 pm

Adam Driver talks about SW and Kylo Ren (10:55):

Source:https://twitter.com/sleemo_/status/1192740693900480512
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 08 Nov 2019, 5:09 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:Adam Driver talks about SW and Kylo Ren (10:55):

@Moonlight13

I loved how he focused the "humanity" aspect of his character and he seems very pleased with JJ's direction. Very Happy I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 8:40 pm

Is it me, but is the promo for TROS a little late compared to TLJ?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 11:17 pm

@Birdwoman Yeah, I think it's Mandalorian (only 3 more days!), and they'll probably give it another week to breathe after that before going whole hog on TROS.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 10:37 am

@Birdwoman wrote:Is it me, but is the promo for TROS a little late compared to TLJ?
@Birdwoman

we really didn't have the cast promos truly begin until about late-November for TLJ. We haven't seen as much promo in general with TROS, but we won't really get a press tour started for another few weeks.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 11:30 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:Adam Driver talks about SW and Kylo Ren (10:55):

@Moonlight13

I was wondering if someone had put it on the forum, you read my mind Smile
the force is strong in us !!! Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 3:20 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:Is it me, but is the promo for TROS a little late compared to TLJ?
@Birdwoman

we really didn't have the cast promos truly begin until about late-November for TLJ. We haven't seen as much promo in general with TROS, but we won't really get a press tour started for another few weeks.
@SheLitAFire

Yes, it just seems that after the trailer release everything has been so scarce! Plus combined with the worrisome leaks hopefully are not entirely true, people are starting to panic... Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 3:22 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Birdwoman

@SheLitAFire
I anticipate the push for TROS will begin after Frozen 2 releases in a few weeks. For now Disney's marketing focus is there.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 10:52 am

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 12:51 pm

Drama queen? Nah.. She is an introvert... makes total sense...

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 EJMI18GXkAA9Cqu?format=png&name=small
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 7:55 am

Hi, everyone!

SW is cover issue on SciFiNow:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Sw010
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Sw110
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Sw210
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Sw310
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Sw410

Source: reyssben
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 9:21 am

Adam Driver's interview for a German site, I will only post the SW related part, but you can read the whole interview here.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Wir-mu10

Amongst all these sophisticated productions with these directors, the "Star Wars" trilogy, whose last part will be released in cinemas in December, is a bit out of place in your work.
This is repeated to me again and again. But I do not think so at all. It’s because J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson, who directed these movies, are very special artists to me as well, with singular and strong visions. The only difference between "Star Wars" and my other movies is the fact that I am seen by a much wider audience as Kylo Ren. And that the budget is much bigger and therefore the catering is a whole lot better. But you do not act in movies because of the food.

Are you glad that this adventure now comes to an end and you will never have to answer questions regarding “Star Wars” again?
Actually, I do not expect that people will stop asking me about “Star Wars”, be it in interviews or in the street. But I'm looking forward to being able to talk about these movies freely and without restraint for the first time in six years. So far, I always had to be extremely tight-lipped, simply to not reveal any secrets.

Source: kino, AdamDriverFiles, AudraHumbard
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 9:29 am

From Entertainment Weekly

"Daisy Ridley has 4 words to describe Rise of Skywalker:

“Definitely dark….” Ridley begins

“There are bits that are genuinely scary,” she continues.

Cool: Dark and scary…

“And sad,” she adds.

Okay, that’s three. But the Disney sci-fi epic is now sounding a bit like a horror movie, so…

“And joyful,” she concludes.

Dark, scary, sad, joyful — there you have it."

I just know the sad part, or one of them, will be Ben dying, and the joyful will be him coming back to life, along with the HEA in general for the GFFA and The Force. Very Happy Smile

https://ew.com/movies/2019/11/14/daisy-ridley-rise-of-skywalker-dark-scary/?utm_term=63C309F2-06EF-11EA-A15B-39954744363C&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_ew&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=link&utm_medium=social
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 10:53 am

@Atenais wrote:Adam Driver's interview for a German site, I will only post the SW related part, but you can read the whole interview here.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Wir-mu10

Amongst all these sophisticated productions with these directors, the "Star Wars" trilogy, whose last part will be released in cinemas in December, is a bit out of place in your work.
This is repeated to me again and again. But I do not think so at all. It’s because J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson, who directed these movies, are very special artists to me as well, with singular and strong visions. The only difference between "Star Wars" and my other movies is the fact that I am seen by a much wider audience as Kylo Ren. And that the budget is much bigger and therefore the catering is a whole lot better. But you do not act in movies because of the food.

Are you glad that this adventure now comes to an end and you will never have to answer questions regarding “Star Wars” again?
Actually, I do not expect that people will stop asking me about “Star Wars”, be it in interviews or in the street. But I'm looking forward to being able to talk about these movies freely and without restraint for the first time in six years. So far, I always had to be extremely tight-lipped, simply to not reveal any secrets.

Source: kino, AdamDriverFiles, AudraHumbard
@Atenais

We all are, Adam, we all are!!

Pity SciFiNow ignored taking his statement as well. And his career prospects too. 
I simply can't believe that some 'journalists' seriously think by now that Kylo Ren is going evil all the way. It's all marketing machine, sadly.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 10:59 am

I think there's a few more pages to the SciFi Now article.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Eju6o510
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Eju6o511
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Eju6o512
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 11:42 am

@californiagirl wrote:I think there's a few more pages to the SciFi Now article.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Eju6o510
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Eju6o511
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Eju6o512
@californiagirl

Oh, thank you so much! I didn't see these.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 12:02 pm

@Atenais Yup, someone posted them all on the spoilers thread too.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 12:07 pm

Adam Driver compares Marriage Story to Star Wars: "You try to make Star Wars personal as much as anything else"

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Total_10

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and Noah Baumbach's new film, Marriage Story, may seem galaxies apart. Yet, for Adam Driver, the experience of acting in both was not dissimilar. The actor, who has continued to act in small scale indie-dramas while appearing as Kylo Ren in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, recently sat down with our sister publication Total Film magazine to discuss his career. Below, GamesRadar+ presents an extract from that interview.

“In a way, Star Wars is a big blockbuster, which you would think would be maybe devoid of those conversations [about character]," the actor says. "But I haven’t found the process very dissimilar. You try to make Star Wars personal as much as anything else, and because J.J. [Abrams] was the director and because Rian Johnson was the director, it all came down to similar [things]… taking moments and breaking them into pieces and making sure you’re truthful.

“The obvious difference is the rhythm of a set. A Star Wars set, there are 50 people all doing individual jobs, whether it be special effects or brushing a leaf or vacuuming something. There are just so many more moving pieces that finding your footing in the rhythm of that set… it’s just longer.”

The fandom has also taken some getting used to. He recalls someone dressing up as Kylo Ren, stalking him in a hotel. “They were asking people in the elevator if they’d seen me! That makes you a little nervous.”

You can read the full interview in the latest issue of Total Film magazine, which reaches shelves on November 15.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 11 Total_11

Source: gamesradar
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum