Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Atenais on Wed 4 Dec - 21:32

Daisy Ridley gives one cryptic word to tease The Rise of Skywalker spoilers

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Daisy_11

Daisy Ridley was asked by EW to give a cryptic one-word clue about the secretive events in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that would have fans wondering what she meant.

“Do you know what springs to mind?” the actress replied. “Cyclops.”

Hmm. Is there an alien with one eye? Is the resurrected Emperor Palpatine mono-eyed? Does Rey lose an eye? Was that just the first word that sprang to mind and it has nothing whatsoever to do with The Rise of Skywalker and Ridley is just messing with us?

Previously the actress told EW that Rey goes off on her own rebellious adventure in the final Skywalker Saga film.

“Rey is driving her own thing,” Ridley said. “She’s not doing what other people are telling her to do.”

Also, one key to her story is her past, that she must solve the mystery of her parentage to successfully move forward.

“The parents thing is not satisfied — for her and for the audience,” Ridley said. “That’s something she’s still trying to figure out — where does she come from?”

It’s unclear if director J.J. Abrams has made a course correction to Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson’s plan or there was always more to say about Rey’s parentage. Either way, wasn’t the Episode VIII scene supposed to be sincere?

“It’s not that she doesn’t believe it,” Ridley said carefully, “but she feels there’s more to the story. And she needs to figure out what’s come before so she can figure out what to do next…”

And, of course, Rey’s destiny will result in a climactic clash with First Order Supreme Leader Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), and address their unusual connection. “J.J. does deal with [it],” Ridley said. “It’s a very complex issue. People talk about toxic relationships and whatever it is. It’s no joke and I think it’s dealt with really well because it’s not skimmed over.”

The Rise of Skywalker opens Dec. 20.

Source: ew
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3602
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by DeeBee on Wed 4 Dec - 21:34

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1366
Likes : 4060
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 4 Dec - 22:48

@rey09 wrote:
@Blood Moon wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Ok can someone explain to me what Adam's second sentence about kylo rejecting ben solo? I read it a million times and have no idea what it means XD I feel like its missing a comma or something lol
@rey09

You mean the second part of his sentence? Because as a non-native english speaker I’m having trouble understanding that last part.
@Blood Moon

"And it turns into what is happening around them that brings it out of them" huh? As a native speaker, I also have no idea what that means loll I think he's trying to contrast the previous statement but still no idea what he means.
@rey09

I haven’t seen/heard it, but I read it as one can burry their past inside of them, but eventually there will be events that will bring it back to the surface to deal with it. Translation: he can reject his Ben Solo persona as much as he wants, events will force him to deal with it eventually.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1926
Likes : 9507
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by snufkin on Thu 5 Dec - 5:12

Damn, I know that all of these events get mediated through Lucasfilm's public relations so what gets said is what's cleared for public knowledge before the movie comes out. But other than Richard E. Grant being his lovely self and Billy Dee Williams quoting Lady Sings the Blues to a swooning Ava, it was a bit of a snooze. Speaking of which, you get the hostess of Turner Classic Movies' The Essentials and not one question or mention of the 42 year span of the Saga and its influences/influence on film history!?

@Blood Moon wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Ok can someone explain to me what Adam's second sentence about kylo rejecting ben solo? I read it a million times and have no idea what it means XD I feel like its missing a comma or something lol
@rey09

You mean the second part of his sentence? Because as a non-native english speaker I’m having trouble understanding that last part.
@Blood Moon

"When people are actively trying to deny a certain part of their lives, I think they can do it pretty successfully. And it just turns into what is happening around them that brings it out of them."

I take the bolded to mean even when somebody is goes about their life as if an experience, relationship, or time period never happened, the experience and its impact can still be brought back by experiences or situations they encounter.  

To make it about the character, Kylo Ren is a new identity that's a repudiation of everything painful/unhappy about himself and his past/his family. Fits with telling Han "your son was weak and foolish like his father,  so I destroyed him" line. Based on the bolded part of that statement, things will happen to this character during the course of the story which draw those hidden/repudiated parts of himself back to the surface. Han told him, "take off that mask, you don't need it...the face of my son" and Snoke told him, "you have too much of your father's heart in you, young Solo." Despite his best efforts to forge this new persona for himself, the person he is at heart will find the strength to return and take action.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8336
Likes : 38679
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 5 Dec - 5:45

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Press Conference

It's ~ 40 minutes long

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1453
Likes : 4362
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 5 Dec - 10:13

Daisy Ridley: VERY EMOTIONAL STUFF WITH ADAM..."

“From the beginning, [the movie] being called ‘The Force Awakens’ was intentional. The Force awakens on both sides — the light and the dark.”

— Adam Driver (TROS Press Conference)

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4327
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SkyStar on Thu 5 Dec - 11:11

I like the idea of Kylo being the prince in a lethargic sleep and than the force awakening pulls and sets the events in motion.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1502
Likes : 7110
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Atenais on Thu 5 Dec - 14:31

Some reactions of actors after watching  the Star Wars TROS screening.

Anthony Daniels + Joonas Suotamo: FIRST TIME NERVES: The men behind #StarWars’ C-3PO and Chewbacca, #AnthonyDaniels (@ADaniels3PO) and @JoonasSuotamo, reveal who was sitting next to director @JJAbrams  for the cast screening of #TheRiseofSkywalker – and which one of them was more scared. [Video here.]

John Boyega + Naomi Ackie: ‘A LOT TO TAKE IN’: @JohnBoyega explains why he’s not revealing what he thought of #TheRiseofSkywalker, while co-star #NaomiAckie – who held Boyega’s hand during the #StarWars screening – tells what made the cast cheer [Video here.]

Daisy Ridley + John Boyega: ‘MY HEAD WAS SPINNING’: #DaisyRidley reveals what @JohnBoyega was saying to her as they watched #TheRiseofSkywalker for the first time, and what made her cry after the film. #StarWars [Video here.]

Oscar Isaac + Keri Russell: ‘FUN AND SATISFYING’: #OscarIsaac and #KeriRussell describe what went through their minds as they watched #TheRiseofSkywalker for the first time. [Video here.]

PS: JB is me!
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3602
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl on Thu 5 Dec - 16:57

“Rey wasn’t looking for a parent figure and Luke wasn’t that for her ....... all she wants is a family”
https://twitter.com/BENREYSOLO/status/1202428447693230081

We've indicated multiple times that the BFG/Resistance pals isn't enough, and neither was Luke, so huh, wonder who she could be referring to. And this makes the taking the Skywalker name rumor sound even weirder, unless Kylo takes it with her.

Of course someone made JJ talk about the whole Scorcese blockbuster movie discourse. His response makes is like the song "Why can't we be friends?" Of course, JJ has spent much of his career both in film and TV doing genre, often big-budget stuff.
https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1202437272236363776

John Boyega won't do a Disney+ show, and the cast seems to think TROS can't be topped, so they sound hesitant to come back. Interesting how Daisy says the characters will keep existing, wonder which characters she means.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star-wars-john-boyega-disney-plus-daisy-ridley-oscar-isaac-1203425292/

An interview with Billy Dee, not really anything new, but he's always nice to hear from.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/billy-dee-williams-the-rise-of-skywalker-lando-calrissian-1203421823/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2101
Likes : 10931
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 5 Dec - 17:01

@californiagirl wrote:“Rey wasn’t looking for a parent figure and Luke wasn’t that for her ....... all she wants is a family”
https://twitter.com/BENREYSOLO/status/1202428447693230081

We've indicated multiple times that the BFG/Resistance pals isn't enough, and neither was Luke, so huh, wonder who she could be referring to. And this makes the taking the Skywalker name rumor sound even weirder, unless Kylo takes it with her.

Of course someone made JJ talk about the whole Scorcese blockbuster movie discourse. His response makes is like the song "Why can't we be friends?" Of course, JJ has spent much of his career both in film and TV doing genre, often big-budget stuff.
https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1202437272236363776

John Boyega won't do a Disney+ show, and the cast seems to think TROS can't be topped, so they sound hesitant to come back. Interesting how Daisy says the characters will keep existing, wonder which characters she means.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star-wars-john-boyega-disney-plus-daisy-ridley-oscar-isaac-1203425292/

An interview with Billy Dee, not really anything new, but he's always nice to hear from.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/billy-dee-williams-the-rise-of-skywalker-lando-calrissian-1203421823/
@californiagirl

Thanks for those! I want this movie out already! 2 more weeks!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl on Thu 5 Dec - 20:12

An cover story about Daisy from a couple days ago. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/daisy-ridley-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-interview

An article about Naomi. https://nypost.com/2019/12/05/star-wars-actress-naomi-ackie-on-her-meteoric-rise-to-fame/

From the Radio Times. https://twitter.com/ReyZestDance/status/1202659638619070465

A couple longer sets of cast interviews:
https://peopletv.com/video/peopletv-special-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTSn0-yZmxM

Keri is going to be on a talk show on the 9th (I think GMA). And Kelly will be on the Build Series, which is a YT thing, on the 11th.

The press train keeps rolling! It might be even more exhausting than TLJ's.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2101
Likes : 10931
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Atenais on Thu 5 Dec - 20:18

Adam Driver: Kylo Ren doesn't need redemption in The Rise of Skywalker

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Kylo10

Don’t expect Kylo Ren’s journey in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker to follow the exact same trajectory as Anakin Skywalker.

When asked by EW if redemption was possible for the First Order’s Supreme Leader — or should even be considered given the magnitude of the character’s evil deeds — Adam Driver dismissed the idea.

“What does he have to be redeemed for?” Driver shot back.

Let’s see: Kylo killed his father, Han Solo. He hunted down the last of the Jedi and kill them off. Kylo basically killed Luke Skywalker by launching an attack that required the Jedi Master to drain his life force holding him off. He destroyed several entire planets with Starkiller Base. And just generally, Kylo’s been a rather humorless emo leader of a fascist movement.

But as an actor, Driver sees things more from his character’s perspective.

“[Kylo Ren] has a different identity, a different definition of what redemption is,” Driver says. “He’s already been redeemed in his story. I don’t think there is a thought of redemption. He doesn’t have an outside lens of the events, you know — you know what I mean? That’s more of an outsider’s view of his world.”

In the final Skywalker Saga film, Kylo’s journey leads him to an epic clash with Rey (Daisy Ridley) on the ruins of the second Death Star, as well as seemingly teaming up with the Jedi-in-training for some other purpose.

Abrams sees the duo as “two sides of the same coin,” noting, “even when they’re not together they still haunt each other in a way — they know they are each other’s unresolved business.”

For his part, Driver rejects any labels for the Rey-Kylo relationship. “I don’t think it’s all one thing,” he says. “Part of the fun of playing it is the boundaries of it keep changing. At times it’s more intimate, sometimes less intimate. Sometimes it’s codependent. And then it’s, obviously, adversarial.”

The Rise of Skywalker opens Dec. 20.

Source: ew
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3602
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rey09 on Thu 5 Dec - 23:16

@reylo1992

"I do think it’s really emotional. and I hope that it’s a fitting end that also feels inevitable." bounce bounce

"These two twins that are caught in this tide of history, and their mother who died, and how they were separated and their father turned to the dark, and then, eventually, redemption was possible — that’s really human and really moving and something that is so emotional. I get choked up even talking about it, like a crazy person, but we lived in the world for so long and we cared about it so much that you can’t just talk about it with your head. You have to like talk about it with your heart, and try to feel the stakes of it and feel the human drama of it." --> YES. Wow he gets it so much.


rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1870
Likes : 8491
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 5 Dec - 23:26

@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992

"I do think it’s really emotional. and I hope that it’s a fitting end that also feels inevitable." bounce bounce

"These two twins that are caught in this tide of history, and their mother who died, and how they were separated and their father turned to the dark, and then, eventually, redemption was possible — that’s really human and really moving and something that is so emotional. I get choked up even talking about it, like a crazy person, but we lived in the world for so long and we cared about it so much that you can’t just talk about it with your head. You have to like talk about it with your heart, and try to feel the stakes of it and feel the human drama of it." --> YES. Wow he gets it so much.

@rey09

I love that part of the interview. It's basically what got me interested in SW and that's how I explained the story to my parents who never watched a single episode because they don"t relate to science fiction. Hopefully, TROS will be even more emotional as ROTS.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1548
Likes : 6373
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rey09 on Thu 5 Dec - 23:38

@reylo1992 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992

"I do think it’s really emotional. and I hope that it’s a fitting end that also feels inevitable." bounce bounce

"These two twins that are caught in this tide of history, and their mother who died, and how they were separated and their father turned to the dark, and then, eventually, redemption was possible — that’s really human and really moving and something that is so emotional. I get choked up even talking about it, like a crazy person, but we lived in the world for so long and we cared about it so much that you can’t just talk about it with your head. You have to like talk about it with your heart, and try to feel the stakes of it and feel the human drama of it." --> YES. Wow he gets it so much.

@rey09

I love that part of the interview. It's basically what got me interested in SW and that's how I explained the story to my parents who never watched a single episode because they don"t relate to science fiction. Hopefully, TROS will be even more emotional as ROTS.
@reylo1992

Same for me! I was at first intrigued that the hero's father was the bad guy. Then my thinking went well why did he become bad and what happened to their family? And their mom? And then I learned Vader had a love. Just seeing that whole family drama unfold it's so tragic yet human. I've always loved stories about families. The skywalker saga could have easily be done in a more realistic setting, but the feelings would all be the same.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1870
Likes : 8491
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 6 Dec - 1:39

Hey there, to whomever can answer this:

Don't you guys find it a bit sad and disappointing that given that this is the last film and how popular Reylo is, LF and Disney never gives un any photos of Adam & Daisy together? Like they are all over the posters, coke bottles, magazines etc and yet they are barely seen together. I mean the actors, I know Daisy might not be as close to Adam like she is to John and Oscar but still why do they always keep them apart when they are the two main leads?
Why did KK, JJ and Chris Terrio had to sit between them yesterday at the press conference?

We are two weeks out till the premiere already! And there is not one interaction between them in public nor any BTS moments shown.

I just find it so sad, and I wanted to share that feeling here. Given that this is the last film I was hoping for Daisy and Adam to promote TROS together more but is so non existent it  breaks my heart honestly. Crying or Very sad Love
Sorry guys, I just find it very frustrating.. confused
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by Atenais on Fri 6 Dec - 1:53

@tukicarreno wrote:Hey there, to whomever can answer this:

Don't you guys find it a bit sad and disappointing that given that this is the last film and how popular Reylo is, LF and Disney never gives un any photos of Adam & Daisy together? Like they are all over the posters, coke bottles, magazines etc and yet they are barely seen together. I mean the actors, I know Daisy might not be as close to Adam like she is to John and Oscar but still why do they always keep them apart when they are the two main leads?
Why did KK, JJ and Chris Terrio had to sit between them yesterday at the press conference?

We are two weeks out till the premiere already! And there is not one interaction between them in public nor any BTS moments shown.

I just find it so sad, and I wanted to share that feeling here. Given that this is the last film I was hoping for Daisy and Adam to promote TROS together more but is so non existent it  breaks my heart honestly. Crying or Very sad Love
Sorry guys, I just find it very frustrating.. confused
@tukicarreno

Yes, I think it's a great time to them to promote the movie together and I would love to see them doing photoshoots, etc. The thing is, having them together would be a big spoiler, since everybody would assume that they'd end together. And, lets be real, Adam is in full campaign to the Oscar, so, he doesn't have too much time.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3602
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rey09 on Fri 6 Dec - 1:57

@tukicarreno wrote:Hey there, to whomever can answer this:

Don't you guys find it a bit sad and disappointing that given that this is the last film and how popular Reylo is, LF and Disney never gives un any photos of Adam & Daisy together? Like they are all over the posters, coke bottles, magazines etc and yet they are barely seen together. I mean the actors, I know Daisy might not be as close to Adam like she is to John and Oscar but still why do they always keep them apart when they are the two main leads?
Why did KK, JJ and Chris Terrio had to sit between them yesterday at the press conference?

We are two weeks out till the premiere already! And there is not one interaction between them in public nor any BTS moments shown.

I just find it so sad, and I wanted to share that feeling here. Given that this is the last film I was hoping for Daisy and Adam to promote TROS together more but is so non existent it  breaks my heart honestly. Crying or Very sad Love
Sorry guys, I just find it very frustrating.. confused
@tukicarreno

It'd be awesome if they did more things together, and who knows why they do that. For previous movies during the press conference they were right next to each other. I have hope that at one point during press coverage they will be together. That being said, even if they are not physically together, don't be fooled, they are def very tight.

I remember once Daisy was on an interview for murder on the orient I think way back and she dropped how she keeps in touch with adam, he gave some advice or something, I think she def looks up to him at a minimum like a mentor. He is getting so huge so it'd be smart to get tips from him. There was also that driving miss daisy interview where sadly we didn't see live but by their words, very happy to be around each other. And then most recently on the VF video where she watched the throne room scene, she mentioned adam all the time. And he picked her up and threw her across his shoulder like uhhh that's *super* playful. So basically just because they are not placed together doesn't mean they're not real good- they most def are.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1870
Likes : 8491
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by nickandnora on Fri 6 Dec - 2:05

Personally I think way too much emphasis is placed on just how tight the specific actors are with each other. To the extent that the speculation kind of creeps me out (though as I've mentioned before I've been part of many different fandoms and I tend to get more quickly wary of certain things; real-life shipping - which I'm not saying you or anyone else is doing here - is one of those things, majorly).

They might not be interviewing right next to each other (yet), but there's been plenty in print media that has been Reylo-intriguing if that's what you're concerned about. My best advice would be to wait for the film, and then wait to see if promotion shifts gears slightly *after* it's released. We already know that marketing is holding back toys and things until after the release, and the same might be the case for other things as well.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 711
Likes : 3840
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-11

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 6 Dec - 2:11

@californiagirl wrote:“Rey wasn’t looking for a parent figure and Luke wasn’t that for her ....... all she wants is a family”
https://twitter.com/BENREYSOLO/status/1202428447693230081

We've indicated multiple times that the BFG/Resistance pals isn't enough, and neither was Luke, so huh, wonder who she could be referring to. And this makes the taking the Skywalker name rumor sound even weirder, unless Kylo takes it with her.

Of course someone made JJ talk about the whole Scorcese blockbuster movie discourse. His response makes is like the song "Why can't we be friends?" Of course, JJ has spent much of his career both in film and TV doing genre, often big-budget stuff.
https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1202437272236363776

John Boyega won't do a Disney+ show, and the cast seems to think TROS can't be topped, so they sound hesitant to come back. Interesting how Daisy says the characters will keep existing, wonder which characters she means.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star-wars-john-boyega-disney-plus-daisy-ridley-oscar-isaac-1203425292/

An interview with Billy Dee, not really anything new, but he's always nice to hear from.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/billy-dee-williams-the-rise-of-skywalker-lando-calrissian-1203421823/
@californiagirl

I hope John's intent wasn't to insult those who are participating in SW Disney+ productions, i.e. he doesn't see it as beneath him. Most of the others have feature film experience (including Pedro Pascal, or he soon will - he's in Wonder Woman 1984). I hope his career expands in amazing ways, but I don't think he should be snottyish about a streaming show on Disney+, regardless of his acting career success.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1453
Likes : 4362
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by rey09 on Fri 6 Dec - 3:55

Sleemo just unearthed something from esquire latina

Daisy Ridley: “The intensity continues between Rey and Kylo. We spent six days filming the weather fight. The chemistry between the characters is infectious. Many emotions pass between them. You don’t want to miss any of that.”

Keri Russell: “I really like the themes that Star Wars deals with, especially in this trilogy, in which light and darkness are confronted and a girl and boy represent different energies; these binary situations generate endless metaphors.”

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1870
Likes : 8491
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 6 Dec - 4:05

@rey09 wrote:Sleemo just unearthed something from esquire latina

Daisy Ridley: “The intensity continues between Rey and Kylo. We spent six days filming the weather fight. The chemistry between the characters is infectious. Many emotions pass between them. You don’t want to miss any of that.”

Keri Russell: “I really like the themes that Star Wars deals with, especially in this trilogy, in which light and darkness are confronted and a girl and boy represent different energies; these binary situations generate endless metaphors.”
@rey09


Oooh.. I like the sound of that!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by californiagirl on Fri 6 Dec - 5:03

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-exclusive-daisy-ridley-ending/

When asked if she is happy with Rey's finale, she said this:

   Yes. Fully. I think doing it, even doing the finals scenes I have, be them alone, be them with other people, from a personal experience, I remember feeling really filled up with a really satisfying emotion of like, it just felt really right, and watching it I think, its not like a big showy ending, it’s just a beautiful, emotion thing that I think people will carry with them.

That throws the "take the Skywalker name" finale into question, since she also just said Luke wasn't her parent figure, and Daisy herself doesn't care about the parentage thing much. Like I honestly don't think Daisy cares very much about the Skywalker name, other than to support the fact that Kylo is one.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2101
Likes : 10931
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 6 Dec - 6:53

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2091
Likes : 7980
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum