Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by special_cases on Mon 15 Apr - 13:44

@tukicarreno I really don't think you need to worry. She wasn't negative, she is just not positive about it. LFL did not forbid to tell what actors think and won't ask them to be false positive. Usually actors understand themselves why you need to be very careful with this stuff.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 15 Apr - 13:46

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Lovely_Rose wrote:Clearly after the Finn/Rose question they had asked Daisy about her relationship with Kylo. Someone even teased this on twitter. I wonder why they decided to cut it.
@Lovely_Rose

It’s so frustrating.. These past hours have been devastating for me.After Daisy’s interview I am really not expecting any Reylo romance at all. Yeah there might be Bendemption but that’s about it and probably it happens towards the very end of the movie. Plus I am really frustrated about the lack of Adam mentions lately. I wish he was included more in these events and group interviews. It’s like he’s never there and always the walking spoiler no one can talk about. Honestly, I am tired of it. Kylo is the favorite character of so many fans and still he’s never there..

If Daisy is talking so negative about Reylo it’s not happening guys.  She used to be so careful talking about them, about how lonely they were that Kylo believed he was right, Kylo killing Snoke for Rey, etc. But now it seems there’s another agenda. Such a shame after the beautiful work Rian did. JJ probably went the opposite way. Crying or Very sad  Neutral  *End of rant*

@tukicarreno

I have the same feelings as you. Galactic disappointment! I would call it "40 years of loneliness = Skywaler Saga". I expect baby Reylo (born between two cousins after a handshake) to be taken away by ants like the end of 100 solitude by Gabriel García Márquez.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 15 Apr - 13:56

@special_cases wrote:@tukicarreno I really don't think you need to worry. She wasn't negative, she is just not positive about it. LFL did not forbid to tell what actors think and won't ask them to be false positive. Usually actors understand themselves why you need to be very careful with this stuff.
@special_cases

I guess so, but apparently Daisy told JJ what she thinks about Kylo & Rey moving forward. And JJ and Daisy are close. So yeah,not looking promising.. Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon 15 Apr - 14:06

@tukicarreno wrote:
@special_cases wrote:@tukicarreno I really don't think you need to worry. She wasn't negative, she is just not positive about it. LFL did not forbid to tell what actors think and won't ask them to be false positive. Usually actors understand themselves why you need to be very careful with this stuff.
@special_cases

I guess so, but apparently Daisy told JJ what she thinks about Kylo & Rey moving forward. And JJ and Daisy are close. So yeah,not looking promising.. Neutral
@tukicarreno

I kinda feel the opposite! She said she had input on their relationship and then went on to say their relationship is explored on a much deeper level, and we already know it was deep in TLJ. This tells me that Ben's redemption is going to pretty amazing and he's going to try and win Rey's heart and prove to her that he can be a good partner. Smile

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 15 Apr - 14:11

@tukicarreno wrote:
@special_cases

@tukicarreno
Come on with this "sky is falling" stuff. Mark told Rian his opinion on Luke in TLJ a bunch of times and nothing changed. The director's vision is all that matters. I don't want to demean what actors do and call them paid puppets but it's kind of true. People overestimate how much their opinions impact anything even now when we have so much evidence that to the contrary.

Either way Daisy didn't even say what people are making it sound like she said. Her response is actually rather positive given the circumstances and the tone-deafness of the question. The gist of it was literally "People online say it's toxic, I don't know what I think, I guess he killed people so I can't get behind it personally, but hey, there's another movie that might explore how redemption changes Rey and Kylo's relationship *nudge nudge, wink wink, big smile*." Daisy's debunks don't sound like this, they sound like "they're just friends/family".
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Mon 15 Apr - 14:15

@FrolickingFizzgig
100%
I also listened to it and got the same impression. I'm not panicking.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Mon 15 Apr - 14:19

NVM, I talk too much, lol.

Last edited by nickandnora on Mon 15 Apr - 19:47; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 15 Apr - 14:25

@Riri wrote:Daisy in a pre-TLJ interview:
"It’s funny how Adam [Driver, who plays Kylo Ren] talks about it[.] He said it’s not the difference between good and bad, it’s the difference between good and right. Like his character thinks what he’s doing is right. He doesn’t think he’s the big baddie. So the lines get blurred anyway. Good people make bad decisions. Bad people make good decisions. What Rian has done is this wonderful thing of morally questioning people in a way that makes you see them in a more three dimensional way, or just in a way that you haven’t seen before"

Daisy in THIS recent interview: “I do feel deep down Kylo likes to think he’s right and doesn’t think he’s wrong”

She is just repeating herself here and talking from a TLJ perspective, there is no way she's going to speak about his motivations in Episode 9.
After the interviewer mentions all the broken Reylo hearts, Daisy pretty much is like “no wait” and  finally talks about TRoS and TEASES Bendemption,  “maybe we explore it in the film”. She didn’t shoot it down, she could have easily left it at that and debunked Reylo, but she actually gave us hope for Reylo in Episode as long as redemption happens. She's gone on to debunk FinnRey and Damerey, saying they have friendship and family love.

She has already said they will explore their relationship on a “deeper level” in a previous interview this weekend. I think if anything, this fuels Bendemption (because she teased it unprompted).  Very Happy
@Riri
I totally agree. I couldn't have said it better myself. Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 15 Apr - 14:30

Hey...does anyone remember Ashgate?

let us remember that in this time of strife. When someone says something, don't worry too much. It most likely changes nothing. Kylo as of now is not a person Rey can get behind. He will be though.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 15 Apr - 14:38

I rolled my eyes when she was like he'd killed a lot of people...like ugh. I think someone should read to her those amazing tweets Rian had about fantasy having different standards as our own world. Those were gems!
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 15 Apr - 14:39

More wisdom from a tumblr I enjoy

Oh - and antis are not completely celebrating - some that have a form of logic have indicated that maybe her discussion with J.J. was to woobify Kylo more so that she feels more comfortable with Reylo. And if J.J. went with that, it's only because he agreed (and KK agreed) in a business/narrative sense sense. lol if that happens. haha

https://emperorren.tumblr.com/

"Wait are people actually feeling suicidal over Daisy’s words?

A word of advice from someone who has been in fandom for.. .too long, tbh. Don’t lose your sleep over actors giving their opinion on shippy stuff. Really. Actors don’t have a clue of what shipping is, and those who think they do end up doing… what Daisy did, i.e. try to sound like they have a nuanced understanding of the discussion and controversy surrounding the pairing, which often results in parroting anti arguments without even realizing it.

Actors trying to tackle ship discourse = bad, bad news. But also irrelevant. One, Daisy was clearly stating her opinion on the dynamic as it is by the end of TLJ. Two, she said something similar (minus the “I can’t get behind it now”) pre TLJ and we STILL got a reylo-heavy movie. Three, she has said plenty of positive things about Reylo, and Kylo, and Kylo’s redeemability, which she also reinforced, unprompted, in this particular interview, hinting to the fact that things might change drastically in TROS. Four, even if she genuinely dislikes Reylo (and tbh I don’t get how she could, purely from an acting/artistic perspective, because it’s SO good for her character to be involved in such a high stakes dynamic, and so good for her personally to have a superb actor like Adam as her acting partner), it’s going to have ZERO impact on the actual outcome of the movie. They don’t write a multimillion dollar franchise around this or that actor’s personal feelings lmao. No matter how important he or she is. Watch Mark f****ing Hamill be eternally pressed about Luke’s arc while nobody at Lucasfilm gave a rat’s a** and went through with TLJ Luke as per plans anyway.

You also need to be aware that there are going to be many moments like this in the months to come, and it’s likely going to get even worse after IX, when actors will be no longer contractually obligated to stay tight lipped or afraid of getting an earful from their bosses. Chances are John will come out and say “I was pissed that f/rey didn’t happen over reylo”, or that Daisy will go on record saying certain scenes were uncomfortable for her to shoot or that she would have preferred Rey to not have a romance at all, or that she wished she could have done that trajectory with John’s character, s*** like that.

At the same time, actors are also rarely consistent about this sort of things. One day they will praise the dynamic, another day they’ll make s*** jokes about it, depending on what they feel like focusing on, what part of the audience they’re addressing, what’s the tone of the question, etc. That’s because, again, they don’t lie awake at night thinking how this dynamic will evolve, they don’t have feels, they don’t have (necessarily) a clear and set in stone opinion of what the pairing should be were they in charge (also because they’re not writers, but performers).

The point is you can’t let ANY of this ruin your enjoyment of this fictional dynamic, or taint your fandom experience. Chances are there will be other interviews in the next months where Daisy says the exact opposite anyway. "
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 15 Apr - 14:39

SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 15 Apr - 14:47

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:More wisdom from a tumblr I enjoy

Oh - and antis are not completely celebrating - some that have a form of logic have indicated that maybe her discussion with J.J. was to woobify Kylo more so that she feels more comfortable with Reylo. And if J.J. went with that, it's only because he agreed (and KK agreed) in a business/narrative sense sense. lol if that happens. haha

A word of advice from someone who has been in fandom for.. .too long, tbh. Don’t lose your sleep over actors giving their opinion on shippy stuff. Really. Actors don’t have a clue of what shipping is, and those who think they do end up doing… what Daisy did, i.e. try to sound like they have a nuanced understanding of the discussion and controversy surrounding the pairing, which often results in parroting anti arguments without even realizing it.

Actors trying to tackle ship discourse = bad, bad news. But also irrelevant. One, Daisy was clearly stating her opinion on the dynamic as it is by the end of TLJ. Two, she said something similar (minus the “I can’t get behind it now”) pre TLJ and we STILL got a reylo-heavy movie. Three, she has said plenty of positive things about Reylo, and Kylo, and Kylo’s redeemability, which she also reinforced, unprompted, in this particular interview, hinting to the fact that things might change drastically in TROS. Four, even if she genuinely dislikes Reylo (and tbh I don’t get how she could, purely from an acting/artistic perspective, because it’s SO good for her character to be involved in such a high stakes dynamic, and so good for her personally to have a superb actor like Adam as her acting partner), it’s going to have ZERO impact on the actual outcome of the movie. They don’t write a multimillion dollar franchise around this or that actor’s personal feelings lmao. No matter how important he or she is. Watch Mark f****ing Hamill be eternally pressed about Luke’s arc while nobody at Lucasfilm gave a rat’s a** and went through with TLJ Luke as per plans anyway.

You also need to be aware that there are going to be many moments like this in the months to come, and it’s likely going to get even worse after IX, when actors will be no longer contractually obligated to stay tight lipped or afraid of getting an earful from their bosses. Chances are John will come out and say “I was pissed that f/rey didn’t happen over reylo”, or that Daisy will go on record saying certain scenes were uncomfortable for her to shoot or that she would have preferred Rey to not have a romance at all, or that she wished she could have done that trajectory with John’s character, s*** like that.

At the same time, actors are also rarely consistent about this sort of things. One day they will praise the dynamic, another day they’ll make s*** jokes about it, depending on what they feel like focusing on, what part of the audience they’re addressing, what’s the tone of the question, etc. That’s because, again, they don’t lie awake at night thinking how this dynamic will evolve, they don’t have feels, they don’t have (necessarily) a clear and set in stone opinion of what the pairing should be were they in charge (also because they’re not writers, but performers).

The point is you can’t let ANY of this ruin your enjoyment of this fictional dynamic, or taint your fandom experience. Chances are there will be other interviews in the next months where Daisy says the exact opposite anyway. "
@SW_Heroine_Journey

My mood is under my shoes today. But your comment was a GREAT comment! You made me smile after hours of nervousness.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 15 Apr - 14:51

@giaciak2 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:More wisdom from a tumblr I enjoy

@SW_Heroine_Journey

My mood is under my shoes today. But your comment was a GREAT comment! You made me smile after hours of nervousness.
@giaciak2

YAY! Very Happy HUGS!!!!!!!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 15 Apr - 14:54

@SheLitAFire
I'm beginning to think Finn/Rose will not be an established couple at the beginning, but they will come together at the end.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 15 Apr - 15:02

@Moonlight13 wrote:@SheLitAFire
I'm beginning to think Finn/Rose will not be an established couple at the beginning, but they will come together at the end.
@Moonlight13
There may be a short plotline of Finn coming to terms with his feelings, but it seems as though Rose (and maybe Finn) will have smaller roles in this one with all the other stuff that needs to be resolved -- or maybe not smaller, but more spread out because they'll be with the big hero group. Rose and Finn is a tiny thing that won't take too much time out of the film's screen time. It'll be addressed, but won't have a big focus, which makes sense because they did have a lot of development together in TLJ. It's all mostly done, just a loose end to tie up before the conclusion.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 15 Apr - 15:23

@SheLitAFire

Apparently Oscar says ‘...an adventure...an erotic adventure’ so I listened out for it. And yes he says it faintly while tapping Daisy on the shoulder and having a giggle. At 1.40. He could just be trolling though
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 15 Apr - 15:36

Really, Daisy makes one vague comment that might or might not reflect her personal opinion which in itself seems ambiguous and the whole fandom loses its mind. Really guys?

Daisy is at least trying her best, and understands what they're going for, which is a whole lot more than what Mark has going on. Yet it was Mark who should have known better, but he had decades of adoration and the old EU that elevated his character to demigod status. It's one thing if he doesn't like it, but he's come off as awfully entitled, openly saying they should use his ideas, which at completely at odds with what they were going for not just with Luke, but Rey, Kylo, and the entire plot, and doesn't really care how it hurts the franchise, filmmakers, and fanbase. At least Mark had fun talking about Reylo. Daisy being unsure how the audience will receive her role is different than spending years going on about how she hates all of it and didn't get along with the directors, on the contrary, she's commented that both are very good at explaining the script and making people comfortable.

It wouldn't really make sense at this point to not go Reylo. Bendemption rings a bit hollower if all those Anakin-Padme parallels get suddenly and unceremoniously dumped. Even if he lives, it might seem too close to a repeat of Vader's story with not enough differentiation between the two. It doesn't resolve one of the core problems of the Jedi and of those characters' stories. Did anyone learn anything? And it would seem like Ben and Rey's stories are too separate from each other for a single trilogy. If Rey's not a Skywalker/Solo, then why is she the main character while Kylo, who is both, is not? It's like their stories should be intertwined for this narrative decision to make sense.

I feel a bit bad for Steele, the interviewer in that clip, who I do like, he's much more chill and open-minded than most. CT from Knights of Rant has been on several times, he's a fan of theirs, but he's really new to Reylo and shipping and doesn't know quite how to approach it. He honestly thought he was helping with this question and it did not go how he planned.

Regarding Rey as a character, Daisy said in another clip that Rey still had a lot to learn, which is a good sign. Unfortunately, a chunk of the fanbase thinks the only growth a character can have involves her ability to physically fight and kill. JJ said in that clip there's more to the Rey's heritage story than you think. Wonder if it's a force thing. She was born that inherently powerful after all.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Apr - 15:38

Regarding Reylo....
Daisy hasn't written or directed any of these films!
She was simply expressing her personal feelings, Mark did the same and it didn't alter the end result one bit.
Finally....Daisy expressed her admiration over Reylo artwork not long ago. I personally think she's been 'got at'. #Metoo currently is abig thing in the entertainment and media industry, and although very worthwhile, they interpret people saying things out of context.
Daisy is a young woman just starting out in the business, and if she says she likes Reylo someone might take offence and accuseher of supporting 'toxic' relationships.
Yes, I know it's ridiculous....but the lengths some people go to be offended is unbelievable!
JJ created Reylo. I doubt very much he won't bring it to a good conclusion to satisfy the professionally outraged!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 15 Apr - 16:40

Sigh and now I am looking at all these youtubers and haters posting videos that Daisy completely shutdown Reylo...Sigh we never get a break. pale
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 15 Apr - 16:44

@tukicarreno wrote:Sigh and now I am looking at all these youtubers and haters posting videos that Daisy completely shutdown Reylo...Sigh we never get a break. pale
@tukicarreno
Same thing happened with RomanceGate when people misinterpreted that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's a reason I'll never, ever explore outside fandom stuff. It's just unnecessary frustration for me. It leads to nothing and will never change anything in the actual films.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Mon 15 Apr - 16:52

Lucasfilm may give us some form of positive marketing if her statement gets too out of hand with the fandom. I doubt they want to isolate Reylo or have this negatively impact people's opinion of it. Pretty sure right now Daisy is panicking and doesn't like her words having this much of an impact.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 15 Apr - 16:59

@tukicarreno Really, most other parts of fandom have been completely off-base in determining the most basic aspects of the ST. There's honestly very little use. Even more general accounts I followed I've just had to shut down, not for having any stance on Reylo, but more because of plotgate and related "Everything is reactionary chaos and nothing has any meaning" kind of stuff. It's really not educational, which is a shame because I love them otherwise, you just never know when SW will crop up.

It's not inherently bad to avoid things that stress you out and make you feel down about things that are supposed to be fun.

Side note, in the panel, GMA, the SW Show stage, and other interview clips, Billy Dee really seems to adore JJ, it's just delightful.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 15 Apr - 17:09

Remember Rian saying there was 'no central romance in the film?
Ah.....the bad old days.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 15 Apr - 17:12

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Lucasfilm may give us some form of positive marketing if her statement gets too out of hand with the fandom. I doubt they want to isolate Reylo or have this negatively impact people's opinion of it. Pretty sure right now Daisy is panicking and doesn't like her words having this much of an impact.
@Lovely_Rose

Doubt Daisy follow any stuff like that.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum