Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 9:33 am

@special_cases wrote:
Update about Russian title "Skywalker. Rising"

Apparently there have no choice regarding this title because both "The Ascension of Skywalker" and "Rising of Skywalker" will clear up if Skywalker is he or she. In Russian last names change because of gender. Russian Disney did not give any official comments, of course, but suddenly everybody is reporting this. Make of that what you will. But it seems that Lucasfilm definitely wants to be ambigious in the title because of Rey.
@special_cases

Nice to know.
I don't think it's specific to Rey, Lucasfilm must want to be ambiguous in general for TRoS.

I don't remember, how was the Last Jedi translated in Russian?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 10:50 am

@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@special_cases wrote:

Apparently there have no choice regarding this title because both "The Ascension of Skywalker" and "Rising of Skywalker" will clear up if Skywalker is he or she. In Russian last names change because of gender. Russian Disney did not give any official comments, of course, but suddenly everybody is reporting this. Make of that what you will. But it seems that Lucasfilm definitely wants to be ambigious in the title because of Rey.
@special_cases

Nice to know.
I don't think it's specific to Rey, Lucasfilm must want to be ambiguous in general for TRoS.

@LadyGaufrette

It's "Last Jedi" - plural

Last edited by special_cases on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:02 am

@special_cases wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@special_cases wrote:

@special_cases

Nice to know.

@LadyGaufrette

It "Last Jedi" - plural
@special_cases

Thanks, so like most translations.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:28 am

Okay, so here's a quote I found from a Wired interview back in November 2015, right before TFA was released. I've never seen it before though I've seen variations of similar quotes. So for people who think JJ might've abandoned his plans for a central love story from 2013, well...

We really tried to look at it from the inside out. What makes this story have a beating heart? What makes it romantic or fun or surprising or heartbreaking or hysterically funny? We simply approached this narrative from the point of view that this is a story about a young man and a young woman, not with the idea that we can do anything we want.

This is a story about Rey and Kylo, I think that's been made pretty clear. JJ talks about it in the TFA commentary: "And we’re back in the forest with the story we really care about, the focus of the story which is Rey and Ren."

He's also alluded to their relationship as being romantic, we know this. Comparing Rey to Cinderella and saying that Kylo looks like a prince. This is all things we already knew though. I just thought it was nice and felt reassuring. There's also a tidbit in the Wired interview where he talks about working with Rian:

The script for VIII is written. I’m sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are. But what Larry and I did was set up certain key relationships, certain key questions, conflicts. And we knew where certain things were going. We had meetings with Rian and Ram Bergman, the producer of VIII. They were watching dailies when we were shooting our movie. We wanted them to be part of the process, to make the transition to their film as seamless as possible. I showed Rian an early cut of the movie, because I knew he was doing his rewrite and prepping. And as executive producer of VIII, I need that movie to be really good. Withholding serves no one and certainly not the fans. So we’ve been as transparent as possible.

So Rian talking about there being romantic tension between them and saying they're like co-protagonists of the story isn't him pulling things from nowhere.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 11:58 am

Ben created by Palpatine? I can't put into words how much I hate that idea. He has the heart of his father- so, like Palpatine??? Really? Rolling Eyes

No offense, but if that's where they're going I'm officially out. Same for the "time loop theory" - Guys just because it's JJ doesn't mean every story he tells needs to have some weird time-travel BS in it.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:13 pm

@Night Huntress I'm not crazy about the idea either. I'd rather things not be so convoluted, especially it being the last movie in the saga. It just came to me, not that I think it'll happen but it makes sense if you look at the chosen one prophecy and how balance is to be obtained. That's why, while I  do fear the things they might do, I don't think going more into the story of Rey's parents will be that important. Expanding too much on it would be weird when you're resolving Rey's character arc. If anything, like others have said, I can see it giving Rey closure. TLJ was the episode to deal with her conflict about her parents and they did. TROS should be about resolving it and giving Rey that closure she desperately needs.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:24 pm

@nemapasara The "Art of" book talks about how Rian had the first draft of the story written by the end of Summer 2014. Which he's mentioned during the press for TLJ, that he wrote the story/first draft while JJ was finishing up principal photography/starting post-production, which the Rey and Kylo scenes were inspired partially from what he saw in the dallies.

As for whatever role the Emperor plays, while they're borrowing/thematically circling back to the PT, there's no way in Hell KK is going to allow anything close to midichlorians level nonsense happen. Because that's a big part of what drove off the larger audience and left behind fans who were most fixated on lore and rulemaking. The challenge will be how to write the story out of that corner George Lucas put it in during the PT, less nonsense more fairy tale? Best guess is that he's Krennic on an even larger scale (or Iago if you listen to the actor himself), manipulating the talents and weaknesses of a family to advance his own personal power.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:25 pm

It is the end of the Saga- the fans & general audience want to have closure. I don't even mind them all dying if that what it takes to maintain balance and peace in the galaxy. I certainly prefer it to some weird never-ending time-loop or everyone got created by Palpatine.

By the way - It's not really important or has any impact on what's going to happen in TROS but that theory about Palpatine creating Anakin was never officially confirmed, was it? Not if I remember correctly. It's just a fan theory.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:35 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:It is the end of the Saga- the fans & general audience want to have closure. I don't even mind them all dying if that what it takes to maintain balance and peace in the galaxy. I certainly prefer it to some weird never-ending time-loop or everyone got created by Palpatine.

By the way - It's not really important or has any impact on what's going to happen in TROS but that theory about Palpatine creating Anakin was never officially confirmed, was it? Not if I remember correctly. It's just a fan theory.
@Night Huntress
This is what Matt Martin said when the comic got released:
https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/1076902958330142720
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:50 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:It is the end of the Saga- the fans & general audience want to have closure. I don't even mind them all dying if that what it takes to maintain balance and peace in the galaxy. I certainly prefer it to some weird never-ending time-loop or everyone got created by Palpatine.

@Night Huntress
@Moonlight13

Thank you! Thumbs up

If Palpi wanted to create a force-child. Why do it to a random slave woman on an outer-rim planet like Tatooine? He could've simply chosen some woman under his command or a paid someone and have an even bigger influence on the child as he had with Anakin. He could've trained him and let him infiltrate the Jedi even more loyal to him. It just doesn't make any sense to me- on the other hand Star Wars isn't the best when it comes to logic or storytelling so...who knows? Suspect
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 2:22 pm

@Moonlight13

This is very pertinent. I think there is a misconception among many fans that Anakin Skywalker's was created by Palpatine using the Force. The fact is that it's a very mysterious situation, one with HUGE consequences.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 2:38 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:

@Night Huntress
@Moonlight13

there wasn't a scene from a star wars comic where Palpatine talks to Anakin and tells him a phrase like: I'm your father. and Anakin replies by telling him: lies is not true ??

Last edited by Teo oswald on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:11 pm

The interviewer and Oscar joke around for a long time, but what's surprising is that he says a bit of the sheen comes off Poe, you realize he has a past he's running from. And we thought they wouldn't go there!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1118951451391406080
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:16 pm

I don't understand what it's really meant to imply.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:22 pm

@californiagirl wrote:The interviewer and Oscar joke around for a long time, but what's surprising is that he says a bit of the sheen comes off Poe, you realize he has a past he's running from. And we thought they wouldn't go there!

@californiagirl

What do you mean?
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:24 pm

TBH if they're really emphasizing the concept of The Will of The Force (as in being its instrument versus manipulating it), having that be the official story of conception goes against it. It'd instead be a cautionary tale like Frankenstein, which I don't think is the intent here.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:27 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:The interviewer and Oscar joke around for a long time, but what's surprising is that he says a bit of the sheen comes off Poe, you realize he has a past he's running from. And we thought they wouldn't go there!

@californiagirl

What do you mean?
@tukicarreno
I think it could mean he has not always been the perfect guy who has never done anything wrong.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:56 pm

@californiagirl

Oh wow, that's amazing. It bodes well for the story, and a lot of the stuff that Rian set-up. Plus, that finally sounds like Oscar Isaac's wheelhouse (I feel like he's had precious little to do during the ST, when he's generally amazing).

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 3:57 pm

Back in 2016, Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that the dude that Kylo kills in that Force Vision is identified as a “Clan Leader.” (Strangely that tweet was deleted now!! I just checked)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq3upvJhpp1uxqp1h_540

So, rewatching the trailer, : there are more than one guy with that helmet. ??

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq3uweXAfs1uxqp1h_540
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq3ui6N80Z1uxqp1h_540
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 4:41 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:Back in 2016, Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that the dude that Kylo kills in that Force Vision is identified as a “Clan Leader.” (Strangely that tweet was deleted now!! I just checked)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq3upvJhpp1uxqp1h_540

So, rewatching the trailer, : there are more than one guy with that helmet. ??

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq3uweXAfs1uxqp1h_540
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_pq3ui6N80Z1uxqp1h_540
@Teo oswald

So there are more than one clan leaders? Perhaps they are villagers? I wish we wouldn't see Kylo killing more people, you want the audience to root for his redemption and this is not going to cut it. Hopefully there is more to this forest battle that doesn't make Kylo look that bad. Sigh...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:32 pm

@Forsythia wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@loversinthestorm wrote:I can see the reverse anidala and all but what absolutely jumps from this poster for me is that Vader, Anakin and Kylo are the same person?!
@loversinthestorm

I've seen people theorizing that Palpatine created Rey like he might've created Anakin. But what if he created Ben? Leia got pregnant almost immediately after Anakin dies and baby Ben is described as being a pulsing, living band of light. It's the "a vein of darkness thrust in him" that sounds unnatural and could be the part of the previously posted prophecy that means that Leia (who was born when Anakin became Vader and the Empire gained rule of the galaxy) gave birth to darkness (Palpatine's influence in the birth of Ben). Just a wild thought I got when reading those prophecies.

I'm not really a fan of theories that Rey or Ben was created by Palpatine, but Snoke called Ben "Son of Darkness". Neither Han nor Leia are dark, so shouldn't he be a "Son of Light"? If Ben was created by Palpatine/Darkness, that line would make more sense. But maybe I'm reading too much into this, it could be that Rian thought "Son of Darkness" sounds cooler than "Grandson of Darkness" or that Snoke was trying to flatter Ben.
@Forsythia

I don’t think it’s literal.  He’s the offspring of darkness in the sense that he’s a descendant of Vader, but more likely, he’s also just saying it poetically— that this is a person with darkness within him.  I really don’t think they’re going to get weird and have more conception via Force manipulation— Anakin’s virgin birth was pretty out there, midichlorians were a very unpopular idea, and JJ and Rian have to know that.  Smoke is just buttering Kylo up there and manipulating him— because of course he knows about Kylo’s devotion to Vader and Kylo’s legacy as Vader’s descendant.

Last edited by Lily Snape on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 5:41 pm

The red scene in the forest. I have a feeling that this scene will be a scene where Kylo goes berserk last time - more like it's a breaking point and Kylo is just letting it go by violence and etc. My head canon that this will happen after Leia's death.

- Either Hux is attacking Resistance without an order to do so, Leia dies and Kylo kills Hux immediately and then attacks the planet where Leia was killed
- Or Leia strikes back at FO and getting herself killed

So Kylo is on the point of complete breakdown, he is getting in the fight and then he pulled by Force call to the oracle. Oracle tells him something, possibly about biggest threat (Palpatine I guess) and Rey - then we see muddy Kylo in cockpit. He is making a decision: he doesn't care about FO and being Supreme Leader to the point that he is ready to just drop it right now but after hearing about biggest evil they'll need FO's resources. He decides to reach out to Rey: because he needs to tell her about Palpatine, but in truth he just needs to talk with her after losing Leia.

Just my headcanon right now.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 6:58 pm

@californiagirl

I suspect that Poe is going to have another arc about growing into a leader of the Resistance blah blah, except played differently.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:01 pm

@Saracene No doubt, but at least he's not reverting into one-dimensionally charming TFA Resistance-pilot-hero with not much under the surface.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm

@californiagirl  @nickandnora

I think it would be great if we got a little more of Poe's backstory. I didn't know Oscar Isaac before Star Wars, but I watched Inside Llewyn Davis, and while I get he's just a side character in a way, a big one... but not a main in this whole story, I do think Oscar has been underutilized as far as what he's capable of as an actor. Obviously, it can't take up too much time because we're headed into the Third Act, but might be interesting and good and Oscar might be able to stretch his legs a bit.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum