Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by YeeRees on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 8:09 pm

@californiagirl wrote:I guess my question is why Ian McDiarmid was on set. It sounds like Palpatine physically died in RotJ (good) so why did they need the previous actor?

And I do wonder what Hux is up to. Is there a reason no one is talking to Domnhall, or about Hux? The whole Matt Smith thing is a mystery as well.

The issue will be getting people to believe any of this was the plan the whole time, since I do remember JJ said the KOR has a full backstory and Rian said Snoke had a full backstory. Interesting how they don't emphasize those things, or that Rian and JJ worked together well, since TLJ came out. It's an unfortunate amount of mistrust, and LF is leaning into it. Though I suppose people would be upset either way.

Anyway, there have been hints here and there that Snoke and Palpatine had something to do with each other, it's not like their stories have nothing to do with the other. It makes for a more cohesive story this way.
@californiagirl

I’m expecting to see Palpatine in flashbacks or some kind of malevolent form of force ghost. He needs a proper introduction for new ST fans and an explanation (brief as it will probably be) as to where he fits into all this r.e his importance in the Skywalker Saga. It probably won’t be much more than a cameo in terms of screen time with some voiceovers and his signature cackle.

I did initially think Hux might play a pivotal role and the coup theory did seem possible at one point. I’m not so sure now because Domhnall Gleeson wasn’t on set for long and there are so many other characters to bring into the plot. If Richard E. Grant is part of the First Order, I could see something like the older Empire era officers turning on Hux because Peavey and Canady didn’t seem impressed with him.

An argument could be made that Lucasfilm have been keeping Palpatine’s memory alive in the novels, comics and animated series’ but it’s going to be a retcon and from-a-certain-point-of-view when it comes to the ST. I’m sure JJ will find some way to make it as if Palpatine’s evil influence has been there all along. If the McGuffin is something that contained Palpatine’s consciousness, it would probably have to be a Sith object which was near him at his time of death. The Vader helmet is a likely candidate, particularly as it’s in Kylo’s possession and might have been influencing him even if Palpatine’s consciousness had already transferred to Snoke. Maybe Palpatine wanted Kylo all along but his pull to the light made the transfer unsuccessful.

As for the rest of the spoilers r.e the sacrificial death and resurrection— it’s an extremely popular trope in this kind of story and it isn’t as if JJ has never done it before. It is usually the father that makes the sacrifice in his stories as in Armageddon, Alias and Fringe (we’ve already kind of had that with Han and Ben). In Star Trek: Into Darkness the resurrection possibility was telegraphed pretty early on with Khan’s blood. It’s like RJ having Kylo mention force projection and that the effort would kill the person early on in TLJ so we know what Luke is doing at the end. It’s Chekhov’s gun. If there is a dark side way for Palpatine to be resurrected then there will likely be a light side equivalent way back for Ben Solo.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 135
Likes : 523
Date d'inscription : 2018-03-01

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 9:45 pm

I had the thought way back in TFA, Kylo says to the helmet "show me again, the power of the dark side," and I wondered "again"? Like, it talked to you in the first place? If it really did, that's surely not Anakin/Vader. I figured it was Snoke, and maybe it could be, just with Palpatine. Though I remember Rian said Snoke was more powerful than Palpatine. Maybe through their combined powers.

And yeah, "I will finish what you started" I interpreted as bring balance to the force. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1729
Likes : 8809
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 01 May 2019, 1:03 am

@californiagirl wrote:I had the thought way back in TFA, Kylo says to the helmet "show me again, the power of the dark side," and I wondered "again"? Like, it talked to you in the first place? If it really did, that's surely not Anakin/Vader. I figured it was Snoke, and maybe it could be, just with Palpatine. Though I remember Rian said Snoke was more powerful than Palpatine. Maybe through their combined powers.

And yeah, "I will finish what you started" I interpreted as bring balance to the force. Smile
@californiagirl

This is really interesting!
I remember that I found it equally strange and fascinating when I first saw the movie, and I thought that this strange relationship between Kylo and his grandpa's helmet could be important. But then in the TLJ they didn't mention it again and I was a little disappointed because I thought that Anakin and his influence on his grandson could be relevant.

But now, after these spoilers, I'm hopeful again to find out more about it.

_________________
Darkness rises... and light to meet it
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 303
Likes : 1368
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 33
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee on Wed 01 May 2019, 5:32 am

@californiagirl wrote:I had the thought way back in TFA, Kylo says to the helmet "show me again, the power of the dark side," and I wondered "again"? Like, it talked to you in the first place? If it really did, that's surely not Anakin/Vader. I figured it was Snoke, and maybe it could be, just with Palpatine. Though I remember Rian said Snoke was more powerful than Palpatine. Maybe through their combined powers.

And yeah, "I will finish what you started" I interpreted as bring balance to the force. Smile
@californiagirl

Same here! I knew straight away it couldn't be Vader.  *blush* I remember complaining to my sister that TFA made a mistake because Vader would not have sent a message about the dark side, he turned back to the light! Ahhh lol. It took me a while to gel with TFA and reconnect with star wars.. and only then I could see that maybe this discrepancy meant something and I should just go with it and trust the storytellers! I was a bit slow but lol once I was on board I was 100% on board!
I'm now thinking it may have been Palpatine communicating to Kylo/Ben through the helmet- that is the helmet Vader was wearing when he 'killed' Palpatine - and with new content about Momin and other non canon material that has hinted at being able to preserve someone's life spark, or transfer it to objects or other people.. the helmet may have been Palpatine's anchor for at least a time if not now.

With TFA we had an awakening in the force.. it had been sort of hibernating for a while (In Poe's comics LST explained how the force ebbs and flows across history, it does not always stay constant), it may be that with that awakening - not only were Rey's powers awakened, but Palpatine's too.. so maybe this is why during TFA we don't see the helmet reveal anything to Kylo/Ben when he pleads for it - the force had awakened by that stage, and Palpatine had moved on... I am guessing Knights of Ren would have been fascinated to see Vader's helmet... maybe he has moved on to one of them... and once again - he is the phantom menace!  Shocked

Something struck me today while I was looking at what wider canon materials are upcoming for the rest of 2019 so far...
We know LF are avoiding any coverage of Kylo/Ben's back story, and Luke's activities between ROTJ and TFA are still shrouded in mystery - and I think in general we've agreed that covering this content is on hold till TROS is released
.. but it struck me today how very little there is in the wider canon that directly relates to Palpatine as the central character. He is scattered throughout, behind the scenes in pretty much everything.. But so far he hasn't gotten his major comic series, or even an issue in the age of comic series! Grievous, Dooku, Anakin, Vader all get one.. Jango Fett gets one! Palpatine is way more important! lol.
If there is a major character in the PT and OT - Palpatine is iconic.. how could he not have gotten his own issue?
Anytime I've seen Palpatine covered in wider canon - he is not the central character (like in the Maul issue of the Age of Republic), and he is still very mysterious! I think this has been staring me in the face all this time - maybe... the reveal of anymore of Palpatine's story is on hold at this point also! Because there will be a big reveal about him in TROS... do we have a Palpatine in TROS thread yet? lol.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 3912
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 01 May 2019, 5:33 am

I'd like to see a scene with Palpatine or maybe kylo hears his voice and tells him

your feelings for that girl, I've seen them before and here we connect to the relationship between Anakin and Padme.

if you want power, you must destroy her . If Palpatine is alive and I hope so Smile he will surely talk about Vader and if he knows about Kylo Ren's conflict, he will definitely talk about Vader's conflict and his relationship with Padme and Luke.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 3625
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 01 May 2019, 6:46 am


The concept art for TFA seems to indicate that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo, and not Palpatine/Snoke
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Hayden-1-163991

The art also seems to indicate that there's still a little bit of Darth Vader left in Anakin's Force ghost, leading the site to speculate that perhaps should he appear in an upcoming movie, Anakin's light side and Vader's dark could be in conflict.

Of course JJ, can always change that, just glad that it seems JJ is picking up his lost threads, one being "I will finish what you started" for Kylo, and the rest of the story of Rey's "lineage".

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3270
Likes : 7676
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee on Wed 01 May 2019, 7:24 am

@spacebaby45678 - Hi Spacebaby45678, not that I'm attached to the idea at all, whatever we get would be great.
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
The concept art for TFA seems to indicate that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo, and not Palpatine/Snoke
....
@spacebaby45678 - maybe it indicates that the deceit was that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo...
someone was using his admiration for his grandfather to manipulate him, but I don't think it fits that it would have been Anakin trying to manipulate him. And Darth Vader exists no more..
cool artwork! Interesting idea described there - about Kylo/Ben seeing himself as split, like Anakin/Vader had. And.. that Luke had accepted his whole self.

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 3912
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 01 May 2019, 8:53 am

@DeeBee wrote:@spacebaby45678 - Hi Spacebaby45678, not that I'm attached to the idea at all, whatever we get would be great.
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
The concept art for TFA seems to indicate that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo, and not Palpatine/Snoke
....
@spacebaby45678 - maybe it indicates that the deceit was that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo...
someone was using his admiration for his grandfather to manipulate him, but I don't think it fits that it would have been Anakin trying to manipulate him. And Darth Vader exists no more..
cool artwork! Interesting idea described there - about Kylo/Ben seeing himself as split, like Anakin/Vader had. And.. that Luke had accepted his whole self.

@DeeBee

This is the quote from Ian McCaig, that Anakin's force ghost was flowing between, Anakin and Vader and it was Luke who was the "new" entity because he had integrated his darkside. So yes, Vader still existed during the GL era of the ST. Sith artifacts can retain an essence of the soul, then why would Vader's helmet not retain an essence of Vader?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 CXfdby-UAAQdwnj
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3270
Likes : 7676
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 01 May 2019, 12:39 pm

Hey all for those of you who have doubts about the possession scene and how it could play out - it might not necessarily be cringey or exorcist like . Regarding the Kylo possessed scene I have a feeling it could play out like this and could be very seductive and intense at the same time.
We’ve seen possession before in clone wars with both Ahsoka and Anakin( and it was kind of bit sexy and intense - well at least me and my friends thought so when we discussed it )which just shows it can be done without it looking gruesome and horrible or cringey and they could really do something with kylo/Ben like this (as he’s sexy and intense as hell already ):

Ahsoka is possessed by the son:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvqDOwiSZdo

Ahsoka possessed by the son and fights Anakin :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4koZ5rTl8LE

Anakin resurrects Ahsoka using the daughter’s light/light side of force :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BybuWDT8j5s

The way it’s handled in the Mortis episodes of Clone wars( possession and resurrection ) is quite beautiful to be honest( as these are some of my fav episodes of clone wars ) and if they handle it in similar way in Rise of Skywalker we won’t have anything to fear or worry about - here’s hoping ( fingers crossed )
.
It also makes me wonder about whether they’ll need a similar type mythical weapon like in clone wars to take out the Emperor .

The daughter shows Obi wan where the sword of Mortis is and Obi wan wields the sword :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2-cQc33jc
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1158
Likes : 3934
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 01 May 2019, 12:48 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all for those of you who have doubts about the possession scene and how it could play out - it might not necessarily be cringey or exorcist like . Regarding the Kylo possessed scene I have a feeling it could play out like this and could be very seductive and intense at the same time.
We’ve seen possession before in clone wars with both Ahsoka and Anakin( and it was kind of bit sexy and intense - well at least me and my friends thought so when we discussed it )which just shows it can be done without it looking gruesome and horrible or cringey and they could really do something with kylo/Ben like this (as he’s sexy and intense as hell already ):

Ahsoka is possessed by the son:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvqDOwiSZdo

Ahsoka possessed by the son and fights Anakin :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4koZ5rTl8LE

Anakin resurrects Ahsoka using the daughter’s light/light side of force :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BybuWDT8j5s

The way it’s handled in the Mortis episodes of Clone wars( possession and resurrection ) is quite beautiful to be honest( as these are some of my fav episodes of clone wars ) and if they handle it in similar way in Rise of Skywalker we won’t have anything to fear or worry about - here’s hoping ( fingers crossed )
.
It also makes me wonder about whether they’ll need a similar type mythical weapon like in clone wars to take out the Emperor .

The daughter shows Obi wan where the sword of Mortis is and Obi wan wields the sword :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2-cQc33jc
@AhsokaTano

Oooh! I love this! Excellent point with the Mortis Arc, which as we have discovered - is so very key. (surprises me in a way that GL would place such an important factor for the mythos in a cartoon, versus a movie, yet I understand that CW was GL's way to expand upon the movies, especially because the critique of the PT was probably dispiriting for him).

This may be it, especially when viewing through the lens of the Mortis Arc. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1172
Likes : 3555
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by roguepixie on Wed 01 May 2019, 1:49 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all for those of you who have doubts about the possession scene and how it could play out - it might not necessarily be cringey or exorcist like . Regarding the Kylo possessed scene I have a feeling it could play out like this and could be very seductive and intense at the same time.
We’ve seen possession before in clone wars with both Ahsoka and Anakin( and it was kind of bit sexy and intense - well at least me and my friends thought so when we discussed it )which just shows it can be done without it looking gruesome and horrible or cringey and they could really do something with kylo/Ben like this (as he’s sexy and intense as hell already ):

Ahsoka is possessed by the son:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvqDOwiSZdo

Ahsoka possessed by the son and fights Anakin :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4koZ5rTl8LE

Anakin resurrects Ahsoka using the daughter’s light/light side of force :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BybuWDT8j5s

The way it’s handled in the Mortis episodes of Clone wars( possession and resurrection ) is quite beautiful to be honest( as these are some of my fav episodes of clone wars ) and if they handle it in similar way in Rise of Skywalker we won’t have anything to fear or worry about - here’s hoping ( fingers crossed )
.
It also makes me wonder about whether they’ll need a similar type mythical weapon like in clone wars to take out the Emperor .

The daughter shows Obi wan where the sword of Mortis is and Obi wan wields the sword :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2-cQc33jc

Ever since watching the Mortis arc, I've often wondered is Ben's resurrection would work the same way as Ahsoka's with Rey as Anakin, Ben as Ahsoka and Leia as the daughter, giving her life force to her son because she's about to die or something like that.

roguepixie
roguepixie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 21
Likes : 112
Date d'inscription : 2018-04-12

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 01 May 2019, 5:48 pm

@roguepixie and @SW_Heroine_Journey
So this could explain JJ’s collaboration With George Lucas on this film especially if it involved elements or ideas from clone wars mortis arc.
And it’s interesting you mention leia because Look at this and the header on the left - skywalker dynasty’s path to redemption??!!! This is new this week .
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Aeb13910
Also had a look at when vanity fair publish and it’s usually no longer than 4th or 5th of the month . I reckon we’ll get our Star Wars photos May 4th on Star Wars day ? What do you think ?
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1158
Likes : 3934
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 01 May 2019, 6:16 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@roguepixie and @SW_Heroine_Journey
So this could explain JJ’s collaboration With George Lucas on this film especially if it involved elements or ideas from clone wars mortis arc.
And it’s interesting you mention leia because Look at this and the header on the left - skywalker dynasty’s path to redemption??!!! This is new this week .
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Aeb13910
Also had a look at when vanity fair publish and it’s usually no longer than 4th or 5th of the month . I reckon we’ll get our Star Wars photos May 4th on Star Wars day ? What do you think ?
@AhsokaTano

That will be an exceptional treat! I just really hope they are Reylo centric. If not, then they focus on Carrie Fisher/Leia.

That cover headline...mentioning redemption on Star Wars Insider..lol. Oh my goodness, LF is doing everything they can, short of a press release to emphasize that Ben will be redeemed...Leia's son, the living connection to the Skywalker legacy. I truly think the plot mystery is if he survives or not, and Reylo.

Now, those who refuse to see Bendemption are those who just revel in denial, or just choose to shrug off the plot/be clueless.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1172
Likes : 3555
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Wed 01 May 2019, 8:13 pm

@AhsokaTano VF comes in late May/early June for next month's issue, it's not a May the 4th thing.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1729
Likes : 8809
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee on Wed 01 May 2019, 9:19 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:@spacebaby45678 - Hi Spacebaby45678, not that I'm attached to the idea at all, whatever we get would be great.
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
The concept art for TFA seems to indicate that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo, and not Palpatine/Snoke
....
@spacebaby45678 - maybe it indicates that the deceit was that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo...
someone was using his admiration for his grandfather to manipulate him, but I don't think it fits that it would have been Anakin trying to manipulate him. And Darth Vader exists no more..
cool artwork! Interesting idea described there - about Kylo/Ben seeing himself as split, like Anakin/Vader had. And.. that Luke had accepted his whole self.

@DeeBee

This is the quote from Ian McCaig, that Anakin's force ghost was flowing between, Anakin and Vader and it was Luke who was the "new" entity because he had integrated his darkside. So yes, Vader still existed during the GL era of the ST. Sith artifacts can retain an essence of the soul, then why would Vader's helmet not retain an essence of Vader?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 CXfdby-UAAQdwnj
@spacebaby45678

Hiya yeah I’m familiar with how artefacts can maintain Sith life force etc. I’m not sure how it could be Vader though- as the quote mentions there is the need for Vader and Anakin to make up the whole person- so if I’ve understood what you suggest you are theorising that Vader turned back to the light- then died and the dark side with part was preserved in the helmet while the light side part didn’t. Because the Vader helmet has been extolling the power of the dark side- I don’t see this as fitting together if there was also light Anakin preserved.
I’m thinking Anakin’s arc was to heal and become whole so for me it is more plausible and simple that someone used a Vader/ Anakin illusion to deceive and manipulate Kylo/Ben... snoke or Palpatine seem capable...
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 3912
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by EchoBase on Thu 02 May 2019, 12:54 am

Seems like there is a Kylo Ren novel to be published soon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bjqf2a/unannounced_kylo_ren_novel_accidentally_leaked_on/

Someone pulled the wrong summary for the Black Spire novel:

“Kylo Ren is a relatively new character in the Star Wars universe, first making his appearance in The Force Awakens and played by Adam Driver. With a complicated origin story, this book hopes to look deeper into Kylo Ren's past and reveal more of the mystery's behind the mask.”

Complicated origin story, you say?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2804
Likes : 12535
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by justyou on Thu 02 May 2019, 1:33 am

@EchoBase wrote:Seems like there is a Kylo Ren novel to be published soon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bjqf2a/unannounced_kylo_ren_novel_accidentally_leaked_on/

Someone pulled the wrong summary for the Black Spire novel:

“Kylo Ren is a relatively new character in the Star Wars universe, first making his appearance in The Force Awakens and played by Adam Driver. With a complicated origin story, this book hopes to look deeper into Kylo Ren's past and reveal more of the mystery's behind the mask.”

Guess what I'll be reading!

Complicated origin story, you say?
@EchoBase

justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 67
Likes : 325
Date d'inscription : 2018-12-05

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 May 2019, 1:58 am

I'm buying this novel if it makes sure to devote sections to 1) Petty office politics with Hux and 2) The low down on his hair care and styling regimes.

Otherwise third party vendors usually produce and manage these type of data records for bookseller and library vendors, so somebody (not Penguin or Lucasfilm) screwed up and released the information out in the wild. Or as with the Visual Dictionary leak, somebody who's likely a temp/subcontractor and not getting paid enough to hold on to this information decided to publish it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8231
Likes : 38047
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 02 May 2019, 2:57 am

Looks like Penguin Australia put the wrong book description on the upcoming Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire novel! And it concerns our boy, Kylo Ren! The description reads!

CONFIDENTIAL AND UNANNOUNCED A stand-alone Star Wars title delving into the character of one of the biggest names in the Star Wars universe: Kylo Ren.

Kylo Ren is a relatively new character in the Star Wars universe, first making his appearance in The Force Awakens and played by Adam Driver. With a complicated origin story, this book hopes to look deeper into Kylo ren’s past and reveal more of the mystery’s behind the mask.

HOLY GUACAMOLE. Here’s hoping Claudia Gray is writing it (and that it gets confirmed)!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 D5h01PuWAAExXZf
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 3625
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 02 May 2019, 3:07 am

I want to read this book! Very Happy Yes finally a Kylo book.The first of many I hope .Smile No doubt Lucasfilm will take this down soon unless they are planning to announce this soon? Like May 4th. lol!
I reckon this book will go straight to the number one spot in bestsellers- fans have been thirsting big time for a kylo book .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1158
Likes : 3934
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by DeeBee on Thu 02 May 2019, 3:14 am

@Teo oswald - what a great find! haaaaa Go Aussie!! haaaaa... (I can say that, I'm Australian!)

@AhsokaTano - yep. I'm sold too!

I gotta say this is not shocking information, it was inevitable that a book with this content would quickly follow on the tails of TROS.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 3912
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Thu 02 May 2019, 9:41 am

I'm a little surprised they would release a book like this before TROS. I've seen some worried because of the Vader comic that it won't be good, or treat the character poorly, but honestly, they let almost anyone write Vader, there is just so much Vader content.

As opposed to Kylo, who they handle with kid gloves, same for Rey actually. There isn't as much on them as, say, Poe, since those are their top-priority characters, but because their big-screen stories aren't done yet, they have much more caution than 42-year-old cash cow Vader.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1729
Likes : 8809
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Thu 02 May 2019, 10:27 am

I was reading old Adam's interview...

On whether Kylo Ren's story has a happy ending: "Not saying yes or no. But continue."

On whether Han Solo might have known Kylo Ren would kill him: "That's interesting."

On whether he appears with his mask off: "Yes, I can answer that. You'll see it off in the new trailer, so I'm not giving anything away!"

Other times, Driver playfully embraces the absurdity of it all. "I can't say anything, but what if I signal you," he jokes. "If I just start sneezing uncontrollably..." He fakes a loud achoo and exclaims, "Bingo! Harrison Ford's ghost returns!"

Laughing lol!
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 988
Likes : 4117
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by loversinthestorm on Thu 02 May 2019, 10:41 am

I doubt we will see this book before the movie. They avoided detailing his backstory for 5 years so I find it hard to believe they will release it now. Maybe they will announce it but the release date will be January or February 2020? I guess after the movie we will get more kylo content! (Maybe even too much if they realize how much money they are leaving on the table)

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 126
Likes : 506
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 02 May 2019, 10:53 am

@Teo oswald wrote:Looks like Penguin Australia put the wrong book description on the upcoming Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire novel! And it concerns our boy, Kylo Ren! The description reads!

CONFIDENTIAL AND UNANNOUNCED A stand-alone Star Wars title delving into the character of one of the biggest names in the Star Wars universe: Kylo Ren.

Kylo Ren is a relatively new character in the Star Wars universe, first making his appearance in The Force Awakens and played by Adam Driver. With a complicated origin story, this book hopes to look deeper into Kylo ren’s past and reveal more of the mystery’s behind the mask.

HOLY GUACAMOLE. Here’s hoping Claudia Gray is writing it (and that it gets confirmed)!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 19 D5h01PuWAAExXZf
@Teo oswald

Unfortunately that blurb has got to be fake fake fake. No finished professional copy would read like that (mentioning the actor and that the book "hopes to" do something) or have that many mistakes ("mystery's") in it.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that TPTB couldn't have a "Journey to"-style book for TRoS about Kylo Ren in the works. I doubt, though, that we will get any Ben Solo material until after TRoS is out.

I admit being very curious as to how in the world this strange little occurrence happened and why...
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 220
Likes : 982
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum