Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen on Thu 02 May 2019, 1:12 pm

The summary might be a placeholder for the real summary that somehow got posted by accident.

I doubt this book would be out before TRoS. As for after, well, we all know it's going to be a rush of Kylo and Kylo and Luke content. Finally the floodgates will be open when he's not a walking spoiler anymore!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 May 2019, 2:13 pm

It's supposedly been debunked by somebody who works for the publishing house. Which still, there's going to be a novel at some point because part of their obvious strategy is for the novels to mine time periods/characters which the movies can't do full service to.

That said, I want something like Rey's Survival Guide and specifically a burn book section about workplace rivalries/petty office politics about Hux and an appendix with hair care and styling secrets from the Darkside. Depending on where this future book lands on the timeline, we'd probably also see his terrible lovesick poetry that's all about Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 02 May 2019, 2:45 pm

Yup, debunked. Though I do think we're getting a flood of Luke and Kylo content post-TROS. There's so much cash to be made there. This is why they've been milking the OT timeframe, and between PT and OT, and shortly after the OT. They can't expand that far beyond that, especially with the OT characters.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Scree491

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Scree492
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Scree490
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Thu 02 May 2019, 2:51 pm

I saw the comment of the person debunking it. Maybe it’s fake but I doubt, it. That’s not how database works, it’s not like reddit that anyone can come and post a fake leak. The person would have to have access to their system, (writing access even) faked a description, faked a isbn! Unless that’s the weirdest hacker ever they are just lying. What motivation could a hacker have to make this ?

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 02 May 2019, 2:56 pm

@loversinthestorm wrote:I saw the comment of the person debunking it. Maybe it’s fake but I doubt, it. That’s not how database works, it’s not like reddit that anyone can come and post a fake leak. The person would have to have access to their system, (writing access even) faked a description, faked a isbn! Unless that’s the weirdest hacker ever they are just lying. What motivation could a hacker have to make this ?
@loversinthestorm

Agree. I am not entirely sure it is debunked for the reasons you say, yet who knows!

In addition, if the aim is to make Bendemption obvious, releasing such a book before TROS would not be a complete surprise. I am becoming more and more convinced that LF wants Bendemption to be obvious, yet Reylo, and if he survives or not - are the mysteries.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 May 2019, 3:32 pm

Oh it's a 100% genuine database record. That part cannot be hacked. Having worked in libraries, publishers have a data record which goes with their titles which is tied to the ISBN 10 and 13 numbers. That data is propagated out to vendors, booksellers, libraries...basically any and every situation where the title is either available for sale or part of a collection and managed through a system like a book seller's inventory/sales management system or library catalog. It's data aggregation. So somebody wrote that summary and somebody uploaded that summary. Whether or not it's a dummy record or a title they'll be announcing in the next calendar year, that's a completely different question altogether. And frequently the work of creating these records is handled by third party companies, so somebody outside of LF and the publishing houses may have done it, either as a joke or like the retail worker who leaked the Visual Dictionary, because they found something they weren't supposed to see.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Fri 03 May 2019, 9:49 pm

whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 03 May 2019, 11:11 pm

@whisperingwillow
Jason's writing is as confusing as ever. I've read it a few times and it's clear he goes back and forth between Black Park location spoilers. There are three separate planets/events referenced here.

1) The jungle planet. This is probably the location of the Resistance base at the beginning of the film and the heroes later return there toward the end of act 2. They go into a cave and encounter a slug-like alien named Claud. The Resistance base is promptly attacked by the First Order and a battle with AT-ATs ensues. The Falcon is severely damaged and Jason doesn't know if it survives. Everybody end up in the "mapping room" either before or after this skirmish. This segues them into act 3.

2) The snow planet. The droid factory is located here. This is where they meet D0 earlier in the film.

3) The swamp planet. This is a separate battle between Kylo and what Jason believes are Resistance swamp warriors on the swamp planet. This planet is tinted with red rain or mist and appears to have rough earthy terrain and a lot of dead, leafless trees. That's the most interesting bit of information here. Is this swamp planet the same one where Kylo meets with the Oracle early in the film? I would say it's likely.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 04 May 2019, 1:09 am

It seems like he has information, but hasn't fully pieced together the timeline? I am very confused. I thought Jordan was in act 2. Is the battle between Kylo and the Resistance troopers from the trailer in act 1?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 04 May 2019, 2:17 am

Thanks for sharing @whisperingwillow
I agree with @FrolickingFizzgig Pretty confusing at this point.. I agree @rawpowah
So sounds like we know of the following locations: desert, swamp, jungle, snow, grasslands. Am I missing any?

If this spoiler is true I'm thinking of the following the order of events:
-desert planet (I think this is act 1 as there was a spoiler about a party at the marketplace early in the movie no?)
-droid factory (where they pick up D-O) [-may be the snowy location?]
-grasslands/death star wreckage [because we can see D-O is with them]
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Group_12

So, seems to me the death star wreckage is in the second half of the movie.

That picture of what looks like them heading off on an adventure..
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Jungle10
...do you think this is the jungle location? What are you all thinking?

I do want to know how a giant slug can help the resistance. lol. sounds fun!

Anyone know when we can expect to see the first full trailer?

sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 04 May 2019, 6:45 am

Full trailer is October. Sizzle reel at Comic Con in July probably. SW is fairly restrained with the amount of footage they put out.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 04 May 2019, 8:23 am

I wonder if Rey is present when Kylo is fighting on the swamp world? Because in her TFA Force vision she was 'saved' by Kylo from someone who looked a lot like those 'swamp warriors'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachelmckellar34 on Sat 04 May 2019, 11:06 am

Vanity Fair photos could Possibly come out any day now ?

Force Awakens - May 4th
Last Jedi - May 24th

Rachelmckellar34
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 04 May 2019, 11:30 am

The new vanity fair is already out unfortunately and it’s not Star Wars related so I reckon it will be more in line with TLJ and out towards end of May .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 04 May 2019, 11:33 am

Happy May the 4th! They released the entire TROS lineup of books and comics. https://www.starwars.com/news/journey-to-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-publishing-program

Lots of Resistance stuff, unsurprising since that where TLJ ended and where they've already shown/told that's where TROS begins. One of the books is a Rey-Rose-Poe adventure, in case you needed proof there is no traditional, set in stone "trio" in the ST.

But guys. The cover of the Art of book. The Reylos are already partying over on Twitter. The parallel stances. Rey's background is red, Kylo's is blue. He's reaching towards the light/the blue saber. Does it seem like the cave scene in TLJ? Oh, we could have such fun tearing this thing apart with analysis.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Art-of10

Last edited by californiagirl on Sat 04 May 2019, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 04 May 2019, 12:20 pm

Imo the cover looks like that Force flash fight that MSW was talking about, it’s looking more and more likely!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 04 May 2019, 12:25 pm

@Riri wrote:Imo the cover looks like that Force flash fight that MSW was talking about, it’s looking more and more likely!
@Riri
I agree. Maybe it's just me, but Rey's background kind of looks like Mustafar.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 04 May 2019, 12:51 pm

Okay, now I know what I want for Christmas!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 04 May 2019, 12:52 pm

Force flash is what I got and I immediately thought of Mustafar. I don't know what Kylo's background might be. But the image does seem to spoil that it's the two of them fighting each other imo. Did we find out in which act does the force flash fights take place?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Sat 04 May 2019, 12:54 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 D5vB59sWAAI-w8l
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Force Collector by @KevinShinick (11/19) “In this novel set just before The Force Awakens, a restless teenager sets out to discover what connection his mysterious Force powers have to the fabled Jedi and what the Force has in store for him.”

After the cover for the Art of book, this book is the one that interests me the most. I mean, I'm not saying it's Ben but it looks a lot like Ben. Also the arm wraps, what looks like the Skywalker saber, a Jedi training ball, and something about the character's eyes. I don't know, I can be completely off-base. Probably is a random force user but it'll be interesting nonetheless. The force aspect of the trilogy is one of my favourite parts and we know Ben was searching for force artifacts when he was with Luke.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 04 May 2019, 12:54 pm

Possible...but it could be a red herring.
I wonder if this time around Kylo is the victor - and he spares her?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 04 May 2019, 1:01 pm

@nemapasara It says it's set just before TFA, and Ben's not a teenager then. But yeah, connection to a fabled Jedi? Sounds interesting.

Also, this is a recently released pin compared to the new cover. Kylo's in the water in both. The ocean in the teaser. TROS is a watery movie apparently.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Scree494

Is this a stretch, or maybe not?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Scree495
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 04 May 2019, 1:06 pm

That guy looks like Dominic

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 Dominic%20Monaghan%20slice
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 04 May 2019, 1:29 pm

Interesting that Rey's background is red.....and Kylo's blue.

I have to admit.....I loved the OT. But the ST has something that makes it more memorable than all the others. And that's Reylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 04 May 2019, 1:51 pm

I hope that collecter book isn’t Ben, i mean we’ve been waiting for his backstory for so long, i want him to get the “Princess of Alderaan” treatment and have his name in huge blocks on the cover.

Also this tweet from Slashfilm, looks like theyre confirming that force bond fight Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 20 2d776e10

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum