Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 05 May 2019, 8:24 am

That boy has dirty blond hair, a beige cloak and isn't carrying the legacy saber, it's just a random new saber. The ages wouldn't even match up. It says this happens right before The Force Awakens when Ben already would have been with the First Order for at least 5 years. This book is about a teenager on Tattouine. I'm not seeing the false advertising. The only Kylo-ish thing are the arm bands, and it took someone pointing them out for me to notice.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by loversinthestorm on Sun 05 May 2019, 8:42 am

Not sure how connected are these books to the movies but maybe this kid could be Matt smith character? Or even the kylo decoy?

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 05 May 2019, 8:47 am

This is absolutely adorable, and I am so glad that LF is back to calling the Resistance the resistance. study

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 D5vY1rbW4AElvQ8
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bruna8728 on Sun 05 May 2019, 11:01 am

@loversinthestorm wrote:Not sure how connected are these books to the movies but maybe this kid could be Matt smith character? Or even the kylo decoy?
@loversinthestorm

I think this guy is just a random force sensitive and he found something (a reliq or force power) that is gonna show up on TROS and he never will be found again because Palpatine is gonna kill him in some way in the end of the book, kkkkkk, just expeculation.

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 05 May 2019, 11:48 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:I'm pretty sure at this moment that Lucasfilm want to push the message of "kill the past" but are too afraid to actually make a completely new and unrecognizable character and thus go against their own mantra by giving you a "new character" that lugs around old nostalgia grab relics and he looks and behaves like a character that already exists/existed in the saga.

I think this will be the last time I ever speculate,  Laughing  

LF keep baiting, they know the general public will think thats kylo, they will  buy the book based on the connection to the past and the Kylo character, only to have their expectations subverted (it seems to be the new fad)
@Gemini

Here you go..... fixed lol!  lol!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 1o5NKGC
@spacebaby45678

That's hilarious! Looks like he literally just robbed his a**.

Roll opening crawl of TFA
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 05 May 2019, 1:19 pm

Corseque on twitter has an excellent theory, point as to why there is a resemblance to Ben, yet he is not Ben

"The ‘restless (Force-sensitive) teenager’ on this cover is not Ben, but judging by that arm, it may be thematically about Ben or help us understand Ben. They can’t have a Ben book until after TROS, but they can have a book about someone going through similar situations."

https://twitter.com/northgalis/status/1124848083706081280
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 05 May 2019, 3:02 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Corseque on twitter has an excellent theory, point as to why there is a resemblance to Ben, yet he is not Ben

"The ‘restless (Force-sensitive) teenager’ on this cover is not Ben, but judging by that arm, it may be thematically about Ben or help us understand Ben. They can’t have a Ben book until after TROS, but they can have a book about someone going through similar situations."

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I think this is likely, I will call him Len Laughing

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 05 May 2019, 3:54 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Corseque on twitter has an excellent theory, point as to why there is a resemblance to Ben, yet he is not Ben

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I think this is likely, I will call him Len Laughing

@spacebaby45678

lol Very Happy Len is excellent!

Hmm - I shall call him - "Jam In" Very Happy Razz haha I know, I know - haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sun 05 May 2019, 4:24 pm

For what it is worth, from all the new books announced, it's this book 'Force collector' which is going to get translated in french only one month after its US released. This way, France will have the book before seeing TRoS.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this book is the only one translated so quickly in the new canon. It must be very important for the story of TRoS.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 05 May 2019, 4:31 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:For what it is worth, from all the new books announced, it's this book 'Force collector' which is going to get translated in french only one month after its US released. This way, France will have the book before seeing TRoS.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this book is the only one translated so quickly in the new canon. It must be very important for the story of TRoS.
@LadyGaufrette

It will be on my reading list then!

Truthfully, I was going to count on this forum, or Reylos in other locations to fill in the pieces about this book (I'm more about the nonfiction supporting materials, primarily the Art of books - especially if I buy anything). Now that you have mentioned this factor, I will borrow it from the library. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 06 May 2019, 12:51 pm

So, it looks like the Skywalker Saga is an official thing with an official logo now? If first 22 MCU movies get to be officially labeled the Infinity Saga, even the films were only loosely related at times and likely took several unexpected turns, the Skywalkers should get to have their series title too. It's been called that for decades and is fairly linear, and will become more useful as there are more and more SW films to differentiate from.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 D55sgy10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Mon 06 May 2019, 1:24 pm

Is this new? Maybe they will announce the “next” saga soon

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 06 May 2019, 1:59 pm

Yeah it looks like that’s the logo and this came up
On twitter too -the toy sets . This site is a collector’s site . Why would Kylo be code named Oslo??? ( see link and Rey is London ?)And who is code named Sydney and Rome for TROS?
https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1125449846205374464?s=12

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 964bce10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 768e2c10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Ec197810

Wait I reckon Rome could be Palpatine but who would be Sydney ????
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Mon 06 May 2019, 2:16 pm

I guess Oslo = solo and Rome = emperor... Daisy is London cause she is British? Sydney could be Leia? Finn ? Someone important in the sequel I guess.

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 06 May 2019, 2:33 pm

So, here are the code name that we’re revealed so far and my guesses, because it’s ......fun:

Berlin - Poe since it’s listed as Berlin Leader according to Yakface
Boston - Finn (?)
Bruges -
Cairo
Dublin - Hux (?)
London - Rey
Limerick - D-O (according to Yakface)
Oslo - Kylo (because Oslo = Solo, duh!)
Rome - Matt Smith
Sydney - Palps
Tokyo
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 06 May 2019, 3:12 pm

Wasn't Roman speculated as the name of Matt Smith's alleged character? Though off the top of my head, Rome = Emperor or Holy Roman Empire (which the old Republic/I am the Senate qualifies)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Mon 06 May 2019, 3:22 pm

I also like Rome = Emperor for Palpatine, that also explain why he is not in the Return of the Jedi section.
And what Lando could be? scratch

On another note, why Padme is not in the prequel pack, she is the most important woman of this trilogy. Sad
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Tue 07 May 2019, 10:19 am

Guys, living in Rome I can tell you that Rome and Sydney have in common that they are on opposite ends of the earth. Separated by sea and land. For me it represents two opposites - too far apart. (I hate Disney!)

But why is TFA compared to the droid?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Wed 08 May 2019, 2:47 pm

whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 09 May 2019, 6:51 am

@SanghaRen
@SanghaRen wrote:It occurred to me yesterday - I am sure this has been discussed at some point, but I feel like ranting - that one of the issues of TLJ’s end is that there is no stake left for the heroes except a coming war against the FO which who cares... *snore* Rey has learned about her parents and realized she must move forward (she can, they are dead and did not care for her anyway) and she is with her friends and is very powerful and has all her limbs. Poe - I know some will disagree - seems to have learned to be a leader rather than a reckless pilot. Finn finally chose his path and found his girl, who is in a coma, but we all know she’ll wake up.

Compare that to ESB. Luke lost his hand and learned the truth about his father and knows he’ll have to face him again in the next movie - family drama... Leia acknowledged her feelings for Han and lost him to carbonite, romantic drama and, er, death drama... By the end of TLJ the only one who still has real emotional sith ahead of him is Ben, who’s still conflicted between light and dark, has seemingly a broken heart and the Force mocks his family drama with the dice. There’s really something missing here. I was honestly expecting that when Rey was with Leia in the falcon, she’d tell her something like “I will have to face him again... your son, Ben”, Leia answering “I know” and both looking pained at each other. But all they do is look at that stupid lightsaber that will be duck taped anyway. For the heroes, there is no family drama, no romantic drama, not even mourning because Luke died at peace and no sign of real threat because the last sighting of, cough, the villain is him sadly crouching alone in a room. I guess there was really no other way than bringing back Palps to make up for the absence of stake.
I see what you mean - this is one of the issues I have with TLJ, mainly along with ragged storyline, dragging pace and overdone humour (I liked TLJ overall, though). I think the problem lies in Johnson’s ‘lift, not drag’ attitude - he knew the target audience were kids so he didn’t want his movie to be too depressing - but in order to counteract the serious themes explored in the film and overall gloomy tone, he overdid humour throughout the movie and ended it in a too hopeful, triumphant (Resistance) way - and kinda made TLJ lose its gritty feel. I guess TLJ is supposed to be for the ST what ESB is for the OT - a darker chapter coming after an introductory adventurous and before a concluding epic one - and it is: the characters have struggles, they suffer, and the film requires the audience to focus more, it’s less feel-good and more reflective. But I believe it’d have made a much better dark chapter had a few aspects gone differently - primarily humour and the ending. I’d have removed a few jokes in pivotal moments, especially Luke tossing the lightsabre (would’ve made it serious instead) as well as Rey woohooing in the Falcon (would’ve shown she’s concerned about her friends) and I’d have kept TFA Hux rather than turn him into a comic relief. Same goes for the ending - a few changes, starting with the bold from your post above, would suffice for me. The fact that it’s Rey who’s worried about the Resistance also gives a wrong impression that she’s already been deeply invested in the Cause whereas at the end of TLJ she only starts to come to terms with her role in this story - it should’ve been Poe to say these lines (with no reassurance from Leia or other characters). Maybe Rose’s fate could’ve been left ambiguous too. The stakes wouldn’t be as high as at the end of ESB, but it’d be easier to notice them at all.

@Saracene
@Saracene wrote:@“SanghaRen” I agree about the TLJ ending. My guess is, the big difference between TLJ and ESB is that ESB has no equivalent of Luke’s triumphant return in the end. Because Luke’s last stand is meant to be uplifting and inspire hope etc., it dictates the whole mood of the ending for the heroes. Which unfortunately also means that the audience is left with no feeling of real tension for the conclusion.

If you compare it with something like The Two Towers, another middle chapter, that film has a triumphant ending and a victory for the heroes. But then we have Gandalf’s words about how the battle for Middle Earth is only about to begin, and Gollum plotting something obviously terrible, so it all ends on a foreboding note. TLJ maybe overdoes it with hope, “we have everything we need”, the Broom Boy etc.
Agreed - and I wish Johnson stopped on giving Luke’s arc closure rather than follow with Leia’s comforting words and that god-awful broom boy  lol! . I agree with opinions that Luke had to be killed off in TLJ or else he’d steal the show in TRoS and since his arc started on a negative note, it needed a positive resolution - but the very ending of the film isn’t necessary to uplift Luke’s arc - it’s already inspiring enough - and instead it gives the impression all other characters are full of hope when they should be uncertain and worried.

@Chris24601
@Chris24601 wrote:The key thing in those is that they sort of set up the mechanism of the resurrection ahead of time so it isn’t a complete deus ex machinae. They establish the transformational aspect of the curse, they establish the magic in Rapunzel’s hair heals (since it’s in hair I choose believe the last little bit came out of her eyelashes as she cried).
To be honest, I wouldn’t mind if there was no set-up at all, especially that it can easily lean towards being very technical and in effect strip the act of its mysticism. For me the less explanation, the better - I’m fine just with the Force bringing Kylo back because It so wills  Very Happy .

@snufkin
@snufkin wrote:If Padme can die of the sads because uteruses are a Black Box in a galaxy which has spaceships and hyperdrives, then Rey can definitely bring Ben back from the dead. Especially when George Lucas dropped that anvil into the 3rd act of the first play to explain how the family patriarch went down the dark path and blew up the family to begin with. Or how Rey stole the sacred texts and Daisy did say that maybe she's spent the time jump period trying to read/study them. I would expect her to bring him back in an inversion of "love can't save you, only my new powers can." Especially if he sacrifices himself a la Han to protect her and serve the greater good.
This is why I’m so glad Lucas isn’t in charge of the latest saga and only consulted it  Lolilol . I know it isn’t the nicest of me but the PT really didn’t work for me and I only appreciate it for the context - and I ‘should’ be the prequel kid as the films were released during my childhood. I trust Abrams, though, he ditched midi-chlorians after all (albeit in a polite way)  lol! .
@snufkin wrote:Real or not,  these all sound completely plausible and logical if you've followed/analyzed the narrative, language and characters for the previous 2 ST films and Solo. Versus circa this time 2016 when every single spoiler posted to Reddit sounded like LF had hired Eli Roth instead of Rian Johnson to write the movie. Like the fact that all of these "spoilers" clearly sounded not at all like the type of stories and characters Johnson gravitates towards in his movies and TV project was a tell of the bat that it was some dude's fanfiction. This OTOH, even if it's made up (in which case all of these dudes spent the past 3 years learning how to actually do narrative analysis), it's still scenarios which bookmakers would place good odds on.
If these leaks turn out to be fake, I believe these guys simply used reylos’ ideas, now when everything points out to ‘reylos have been right all along’. When the teaser was released, I saw reylo Twitter immediately speculate on the creature who repaired Kylo’s helmet and the same speculation was later on Making Star Wars website - I’m not saying he’s making things up and stealing our ideas, but that all rumours are gonna be pretty reylolicious now (plus reywalker, these will never die)  ROFL .

@MrsWindu
@MrsWindu wrote:I was not involved in this fandom when TFA leaked ( I heard it was several months before the release) So just in case if this warning covers potential BS leaks, I’m staying away from them. Well I say that now but if more Spoilers / leaks come thick and fast I just hope I can hold my nerve
Yeah, I’ve heard that too - and that despite having an access to the script, Ward still got stuff wrong? Anyway, if any of these leaks are indeed true and they’re accurate too, then it’s too late - I already know  Razz . I’ve read a few comments below that mod’s note that I fully agree with - it’d be so lame if the climax had been leaked ahead of the MacGuffin  lol! . I’ll definitely avoid any potential spoilers just before TRoS is released but despite the risk, I don’t wanna quit now - speculation is so much fun and since it’s the last movie from the Skywalker saga and I wasn’t part of the fandom between TFA and TLJ, I wanna have my share now. I guess as long as I’m not 100% sure - there’s no script or actual footage leak - I’m fine  Lolilol .

@nickandnora
@nickandnora wrote:Things that don't necessarily make sense, or fit together in an obvious fashion yet (that's not to say that they won't fit together, just that it's not immediately obvious at the moment).

- If the final battle is Rey and Kylo fighting this acolyte, why are there also rumours that Rey and Kylo fight each other while they travel through space and time as the final climax as well?

- If they DO fight each other and there's that whole changing backgrounds/changing locations dealie that happens, and that just happens early in the film and not later... why? What's the purpose of that if Ben sacrifices himself in the fashion we are seeing described. Seems like a big "power
to set up and never see a resolution to.

Or maybe I missed the speculation/spoilers as to how that could all be connected.
As far as I remember, Ward said the final battle featured space/time travel but it was his speculation that it was between Rey and Kylo - and frankly, it doesn’t make sense, especially with Palpatine back. It’s perfectly possible they fight each other early in the movie but I think it might be a regular duel - something as spectacular as space/time travel while fighting seems more suitable for the climax.

@nonesuch
@nonesuch wrote:This was posted on 4Chan on 17 Feb 2019. Given the very close correspondence to Jason's recent reports, I can only believe this to be legitimate (or a deeply uncanny guess):

Palpatine is back but not how you'd expect. A copy of his consciousness is held within an item (the MacGuffin).

He possessed a body and ruled as Snoke. When Snoke was cut in half, the consciousness returned to the MacGuffin.

Kylo needs to destroy MacGuffin to stop Palpatine reclaiming the First Order through another host. KOR return to Kylo with info on where they think it is. Kylo and Rey team up to destroy Palpatine once and for all. Twist: a KOR (Matt Smith) is already possessed when they return to Kylo and eventually turns on him.

Lucasfilm have been leaving bread crumbs and have already made this possible in the canon (Momin mask). Palpatine has been the main villain since Episode 1.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/110086529/

I really, really like the sound of this. It makes all the Macguffin stuff come together, and actually reveals Kylo to have been up to something rather heroic.
Oh yes, that makes sense and seems very interesting - and I love the betrayal by the Knights of Ren  H-beating - another thing speculated by reylos, though, so either we’ll have, surprise, surprise, predicted it or our idea has been used. Palpatine‘ spirit retained in an object seems very horcrux-like - I enjoyed that idea in ‘Harry Potter’ and I like it here too.

@AhsokaTano
@AhsokaTano wrote:I reckon this is genuine as it was before the trailer however it does sound horcrux like and much as I love Harry Potter my only reserve would be if they were copying that .
@roguepixie
@roguepixie wrote:Interesting. If I had seen this leak way back when I would have dismissed it as fanboy fantasy, now it seems plausible.

It does sound very Voldermort's horcrux, but I do hope (if leaks are true) that they do it differently.
Approves

@californiagirl
@californiagirl wrote:I guess my question is why Ian McDiarmid was on set. It sounds like Palpatine physically died in RotJ (good) so why did they need the previous actor?
Did he, though? We only saw him fall down the shaft in the Death Star, but never how he died. Darth Maul made it through despite being cut in half (honestly, why did Disney keep The Clone Wars canon?  lol! ) and nothing was explicitly shown regarding Palpatine’s death so it’s even easier to just say he survived (in some way at least). I’ve been thinking he could be a ghost tied to an object like Genie to his lamp or simply be severely deformed like Voldemort before he assumed his full form at the end of ‘The Goblet of Fire’. He can also appear in dreams, force visions or other flashbacks.
@californiagirl wrote:Anyway, there have been hints here and there that Snoke and Palpatine had something to do with each other, it's not like their stories have nothing to do with the other. It makes for a more cohesive story this way.
Approves

@Moonlight13
@Moonlight13 wrote:Maybe there are flashbacks about how he's been able to preserve his consciousness or something like that.
@YeeRees
@YeeRees wrote:I’m expecting to see Palpatine in flashbacks or some kind of malevolent form of force ghost. He needs a proper introduction for new ST fans and an explanation (brief as it will probably be) as to where he fits into all this r.e his importance in the Skywalker Saga. It probably won’t be much more than a cameo in terms of screen time with some voiceovers and his signature cackle.
Approves Regarding how Palpatine could be introduced to the new ST fans, I’d enjoy something like a flashback at the beginning of the movie, being the scene from RotJ with Luke, Vader and Palpatine, except that this time showing Palpatine fall down and, we’ll, survive  Lolilol - similar to Gandalf fighting Balrog at the beginning of ‘The Two Towers’. This would need to come after the Lucasfilm logo and before the reel, with music accompanying Palpatine’s fall smoothly transitioning to regular fanfare opening saga films. I doubt they’ll do anything like this, though  lol! .

@spacebaby45678
@spacebaby45678 wrote:The concept art for TFA seems to indicate that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo, and not Palpatine/Snoke
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Hayden-1-163991

The art also seems to indicate that there's still a little bit of Darth Vader left in Anakin's Force ghost, leading the site to speculate that perhaps should he appear in an upcoming movie, Anakin's light side and Vader's dark could be in conflict.
The concept art shows what Kylo sees - and he sees Darth Vader (whether it’s really Darth Vader, or Snoke or Palpatine is irrelevant because Kylo believes he’s facing his grandfather). I understand the note about Anakin and Luke in a way that Anakin was the PT-era Jedi who constantly fought with his dark side and tried to eradicate it whereas Luke acknowledged and embraced it hence the visual representation of Anakin’s Force ghost includes also Darth Vader.
For me it wouldn’t make sense if there was any Darth Vader left anywhere as Anakin and Darth Vader are one and the same person - when he renounced the dark and came back to the light through a selfless act of saving his son despite losing his own life in the process, he didn’t split into two people.

@DeeBee
@DeeBee wrote:@spacebaby45678 - maybe it indicates that the deceit was that it was Anakin/Darth speaking to Kylo...
someone was using his admiration for his grandfather to manipulate him, but I don't think it fits that it would have been Anakin trying to manipulate him. And Darth Vader exists no more..
cool artwork! Interesting idea described there - about Kylo/Ben seeing himself as split, like Anakin/Vader had. And.. that Luke had accepted his whole self.
Approves

@EchoBase
@EchoBase wrote:Seems like there is a Kylo Ren novel to be published soon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bjqf2a/unannounced_kylo_ren_novel_accidentally_leaked_on/

Someone pulled the wrong summary for the Black Spire novel:

“Kylo Ren is a relatively new character in the Star Wars universe, first making his appearance in The Force Awakens and played by Adam Driver. With a complicated origin story, this book hopes to look deeper into Kylo Ren's past and reveal more of the mystery's behind the mask.”

Complicated origin story, you say?
@Teo oswald
@Teo oswald wrote:Looks like Penguin Australia put the wrong book description on the upcoming Galaxy’s Edge: Black Spire novel! And it concerns our boy, Kylo Ren! The description reads!

CONFIDENTIAL AND UNANNOUNCED A stand-alone Star Wars title delving into the character of one of the biggest names in the Star Wars universe: Kylo Ren.

Kylo Ren is a relatively new character in the Star Wars universe, first making his appearance in The Force Awakens and played by Adam Driver. With a complicated origin story, this book hopes to look deeper into Kylo ren’s past and reveal more of the mystery’s behind the mask.

HOLY GUACAMOLE. Here’s hoping Claudia Gray is writing it (and that it gets confirmed)!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 D5h01PuWAAExXZf
How I’d love this to be true! However, that weird description, especially with mistakes, was very suspicious. It could’ve been a rough draft or whatever, though, that would only be replaced later on.

@12 Parsnips
@12 Parsnips wrote:Unfortunately that blurb has got to be fake fake fake. No finished professional copy would read like that (mentioning the actor and that the book "hopes to" do something) or have that many mistakes ("mystery's") in it.
@ZioRen
@ZioRen wrote:The summary might be a placeholder for the real summary that somehow got posted by accident.
Approves

@californiagirl
@californiagirl wrote:I'm a little surprised they would release a book like this before TROS. I've seen some worried because of the Vader comic that it won't be good, or treat the character poorly, but honestly, they let almost anyone write Vader, there is just so much Vader content.

As opposed to Kylo, who they handle with kid gloves, same for Rey actually. There isn't as much on them as, say, Poe, since those are their top-priority characters, but because their big-screen stories aren't done yet, they have much more caution than 42-year-old cash cow Vader.
@loversinthestorm
@loversinthestorm wrote:I doubt we will see this book before the movie. They avoided detailing his backstory for 5 years so I find it hard to believe they will release it now. Maybe they will announce it but the release date will be January or February 2020? I guess  after the movie we will get more kylo content! (Maybe even too much if they realize how much money they are leaving on the table)
@12 Parsnips
@12 Parsnips wrote:HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that TPTB couldn't have a "Journey to"-style book for TRoS about Kylo Ren in the works. I doubt, though, that we will get any Ben Solo material until after TRoS is out.
@ZioRen
@ZioRen wrote:I doubt this book would be out before TRoS. As for after, well, we all know it's going to be a rush of Kylo and Kylo and Luke content. Finally the floodgates will be open when he's not a walking spoiler anymore!
To be honest, the only reason I find understandable they refrain from publishing Kylo’s backstory ahead of TRoS is that the film actually gives us some - but if there’s nothing like Kylo’s dream, Rey’s vision, Luke/Palpatine giving us more details regarding the past or even the Knights of Ren talking to each other, then I really see no point in delaying this. Kylo’s backstory is gonna make him sympathetic no matter what, even if it shows his anger outbursts with Han and Leia, dark inclinations at Luke’s academy and him personally killing the padawans - so yes, it’d hint strongly at bendemption. But the general audience, who makes for the majority of the viewership, doesn’t read these books - they’re gonna remain oblivious and watch the movie with whatever preconceptions they have. In the fandom there’re a lot of bendemptionists already and such a book would certainly make us feel validated but it wouldn’t necessarily take away excitement - if anything, I’d definitely be more hyped for TRoS. So it’s only a fraction of the audience - fans who don’t believe bendemption is gonna happen - that could possibly be ‘spoiled’ and I bet some of them would insist it’s just a red herring anyway.

@californiagirl
@californiagirl wrote:Happy May the 4th! They released the entire TROS lineup of books and comics. https://www.starwars.com/news/journey-to-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-publishing-program
I got all adult and young adult books that deal with Rey or Kylo in any capacity (haven’t read them all yet, though) so I’ll definitely buy ‘Resistance Reborn’ but I’ll wait for others to read ‘Force Collector’ first - I don’t wanna get it if it’s just a separate story. Correct me if I’m wrong, but comics featuring Rey or Kylo were only adaptations of TFA and TLJ plus a bit from Poe Dameron comic? I wonder if ‘Allegiance’ will give us anything interesting cos it seems it’s actually the kids books with stickers and the like that might feature most clues regarding TRoS  Razz .
Also, guys, Rebecca Roanhorse, the author of ‘Resistance Reborn’, seems to be a Kylo fan as per her twitter - she likes Kylo and called him ‘a dumbass’ like many reylos do, so if he appears in ‘Resistance Reborn’ (nothing more than mentioned in a conversation, I guess), it’s probably not gonna be anything too bad  Very Happy .
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 E78df410
source
Justina Ireland, the author of ‘Spark of the Resistance’, though, blocked every single person who called out E. K. Johnston on her take ‘liking Kylo is complicit in the recent rise of alt-right movements’ as well as those who agreed with such tweets without tagging Johnston or even those who liked these posts (as I’ve just found out, myself included  lol! ). If Kylo appears in her novel, expect a very naughty boy  Twisted Evil .
@californiagirl wrote:But guys. The cover of the Art of book. The Reylos are already partying over on Twitter. The parallel stances. Rey's background is red, Kylo's is blue. He's reaching towards the light/the blue saber. Does it seem like the cave scene in TLJ? Oh, we could have such fun tearing this thing apart with analysis.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Art-of10
This cover is simply beautiful!  H-beating  I’m definitely gonna buy this book. Kylo’s basically Rey’s reflection here.

@Riri
@Riri wrote:Imo the cover looks like that Force flash fight that MSW was talking about, it’s looking more and more likely!
And it’s likely gonna be visually stunning!
I’ve also seen theories on twitter that this particular concept art isn’t a duel but it’s Rey pulling Kylo from the underworld - and since it’s SW, it needs the right visuals - hence the lightsabres. Here’s a beautiful art by stavrogin (@CPongetti on Twitter) that is based on this theory:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 7db6c210
source

@AhsokaTano
@AhsokaTano wrote:These books are very interesting- they are the journey to Rise of Skywalker right?  So am going
to make a few predictions lol.
So.... I wouldn’t be surprised if we had force bond scenes in Resistance Reborn Novel or more of the complex relationship between Rey & kylo or the pull she feels towards him .  The force collective novel will probably give us insight into a particular character that turns up to in Rise of Skywalker or something they have in their collection. One of the world’s we see is the underwater world of mon calamari ( marvel allegiance comic on the list too ) and a person or object at Minfar is what changes the war ( Spark
Of Resistance ) . Is that unknown regions ?This is going by the plots of the books revealed .
I don’t think there’ll be any force skypes happening off-screen unless Rey and Kylo are still sulking and ignoring each other. Reylo or not, their first encounter since TLJ is way too important to be featured in an ancillary piece.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 11 May 2019, 3:38 pm

Hey all I found this on Reddit today and thought it was interesting because of the original plans for the 9 part saga especially sequel trilogy ( see pictures provided ). I know films go through many drafts but it was very interesting the choice of wording “ supreme intellect “. Reminds me of Ben solo’s words on the bridge “
The supreme leader is wise “. Am sure one of the recent comics ( Star Wars or dr Aphra I think ) came across an artifact of an ancient Jedi that called themselves the supreme intellect and it tried to merge /fuse with computer systems . When I heard that it reminded me of that as well as supreme leader /god /emperor etc

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/bn6d23/richard_marquand_on_lucas_nine_part_plan_as_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 493e9910
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 0322cb10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 22 Cf59be10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 11 May 2019, 5:09 pm

@AhsokaTano - thanks for sharing! I’m thinking it sounds like the supreme intellect is Palpatine - he could control Vader..
- whether snoke was really Palpatine or just a tool Palpatine used... it feels right to me at the moment, that Palpatine is behind it all rather than in final movie finding out snoke was behind the emperor... but heck I’m sure they could do this & get away with it and I would love it!
I’ve fallen behind with Aphra comics .. I do enjoy their relic hunting craziness!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 13 May 2019, 1:24 pm

John Williams already writing, and he loves TROS!

“Williams beams when he talks about watching an early cut of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, which will bring the nine-film space saga to an end this Christmas. He likes what he has seen “very much” and has so far written about 25 minutes of score in about a month.”

From https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/05/john-williams-liked-early-cut-of-the-rise-of-skywalker-very-much-already-wrote-25-minutes-of-the-films-score.html, which in turn came from The Times, you just need a subscription to see it there.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 13 May 2019, 2:17 pm

Keep going John.
Without you, SW wouldn't be SW.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 14 May 2019, 11:40 am

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum