Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by loversinthestorm on Thu 30 May - 10:03

I guess he is trying to say the truth rumor they discussed (bastard Rey) did not have a timeline issue but since Pablo debunk it means any form of Rey Solo is not true. I honestly think he is saving face because Pablo was mocking him by pretending he knows something else. I actually believe his leaks about the final battle and the flash fight but it looks like he doesn’t have the whole context and is trying to fill the gaps

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 30 May - 10:15

Actual footage of Jason trying to save his own reputation, implying shady s*** ("the other thing") just so people can give a damn about him and pretending he didn't make a fool of himself on the internet.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 1385335789080975431
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Thu 30 May - 10:27

Now Rey is Shmi's mom, making her Kylo's great-great grandmother. Very Happy  

Maybe just maybe she is no blood relation at all???

Edit: And wasn't this whole thing just a rumor he supposedly didn't really believe? Why is he saying now that it *must* be "the other thing" when he stated that the first rumor was just speculation?

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 30 May - 11:00

Oh yes, there are people out there saying that Han could still have cheated on Leia even when they weren't estranged. lol!

Let us not forget who said, "Women always figure out the truth. Always"...and why he would have said it with such conviction. Wink Han is no dummy.

Last edited by 12 Parsnips on Thu 30 May - 11:03; edited 1 time in total
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 30 May - 11:02

@AhsokaTano wrote:Found some small spoilers about characters regarding black spire and baatu revealed after the event last night :
https://d23.com/creatures-droids-and-aliens-meet-the-fantastical-figures-of-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Ed151a10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 5fa22c10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 E4b80610
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 B5f6fe10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 784b9410
@"Ahsoka Tano"

Hi guys, what wonderful news!
Thank you so much for sharing.

Girls / boys, but only I have read a vision on the future of history from these indiscretions?

In my idea, sky-walkers are travelers sent by the Force to bring balance to the Force. (Thrawn tell this to Vader about Anakin surname!). In addition, there are two (people) linked to the light side and one to the dark side of the Force. But both are united to the Force that represents the nucleus and the meeting point between its own souls.

Look this image. The center is the Force.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Star-w11

Shmi was a traveler. Anakin was a traveler ... Luke, Leia, all travelers with the potential to bring balance. Anakin destroys the Sith but not the Jedi. Yet Luke, can't bring himself back to balance and Ben falls into the same trap his grandfather was tricked into.

Rey is the new traveler. In my opinion, the Force, in difficulty, sends half of Ben, its opposite, but also its complementary half but always and again a part of the Force.

Rey's goal is to bring balance to the Force, pass on ancient knowledge to guide the new Jedi to build their swords ... but, oops, Ben is also a sky-walker.

It is possible that Rey sky-walker will help Ben (son of first sky-walker) find the balance to train a new generation of Jedi to see the light (of the light side) beyond the darkness of the night.

And in this way the two sentences would make sense:

It is not by fighting what we hate that we will win, but by saving what we love. (Rose)

If you believe in the sun only when it is day, you will never get through the night. (Holdo)

Rey is the future, she came from the future, and Ben came from the past becouse The Force/The Life is a circle, with two side in centre... and the centre is again the Force.

Is the center that moves the cycle of death and rebirth. The engine that turns the wheel of life. The union that maintains the balance between evil, good, life and death, what ties everything together, makes life and death perpetually possible is LOVE (obviously also sexual). Rey è Ben are the soul of life, the masculine and the feminine that come together to maintain balance and maintain eternal life.

Rey and Ben are therefore the mother goddess and the bull god, venerated in antiquity by every people of the earth and who, by joining, give life.

If SW wants to end up as we hope, Rey and Ben must strip themselves of the immortal essence of this wheel, lose or give up their powers to find themselves in the eternal cycle of death and rebirth.

So the rebirth of the Skywalker is the union of Ben and Rey and their future descendants, probably humanity.

I hope my English ... is at least intelligible ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 30 May - 11:02

Debunked is debunked. Jason Ward will not say out loud he was wrong so can we stop trying to read into his cryptic posts? And btw it’s fans who blew that one out of proportion not him so fans should take responsibility for their own misery.

Honestly, if I see someone else suggesting Han cheated on Leia, I’ll scream. Really. If people want to see convoluted scenarios with people fooling around left and right, maybe they should consider watching other movies or TV shows. Let SW movies be SW movies.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Thu 30 May - 11:04

@Piper Maru

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Giphy

LOL really accurate  Laughing

Anyway I will never understand this obsession with Rey's family.
As far as we know she's Miss Nobody. Maybe we'll find out more, maybe there will be a surprising twist about her origin, I don't know and I don't care as long as it will be well explained and executed. But I think that this need to find a necessary higher identity for Rey is a little demeaning for her character.

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 30 May - 11:17

I read Bloodline. Leia and Han were still together and she often thought of him and felt when they could. However, Rey can NOT be SOLO for the simple fact that it is NOT functional to the story. It adds nothing to the characterization of the characters.

Even the directors of GoT would never have thought of such a thing.

If she were Han's daughter, everyone would say ... "You saw Han!" End.

Unlike Skywalker, at the end of the first film I thought she was Luke's daughter, and it would have been great, but then I thought about the romantic dynamic between her and Ben Solo.

From a narrative point of view she is CERTAINLY the motivational cause that drives the hero (BEN SOLO) to make his journey. (And viceversa...)

The journey of BEN SOLO, or rather the return to light, indeed ... since he has experienced both -the light side and the dark side. - and has always been unhappy ... the only journey that BEN SOLO has yet to experiment is THE BALANCE of the two sides .

I am convinced the protagonist of this story is Ben Solo, but his story is told through Rey's eyes.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 30 May - 11:31

Lol he is kidding re Shmi’s mum.

I interpreted his initial tweet as “I have another scoop that would have debunked Rey-related, and since ReySolo has been debunked - im leaning more towards the second scoop but I need to do some more digging first before i can reveal it”

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 30 May - 12:11

Girls, incredible news: Rey is Jason Ward's daughter!

He gave birth to her from the heel as Zeus begat Athena.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 30 May - 12:56

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 D7x8i_10
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 30 May - 13:22

@giaciak2
Lol! Kylo is in a man in love pursuing his soulmate to the ends of the galaxy !
It’s bad really what happened over the last few days with the “solo siblings gate “but even worse when you think people who would have got that “ exclusive news “ first were paying on a patreon site . It makes me wonder just how much MSW really know about Rise of Skywalker. Am betting not much to be honest after that .

Am also currently reading Black Moon Rising by Frankie Rose as mentioned on this forum and it’s very reylo . There’s an excerpt have just come across :Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 C665f310

This made me chuckle considering what’s happened in the Star Wars fandom and the obsession about reylated .
If I was Lucasfilm the Rise of Skywalker opening crawl should just state something along the lines of :

“Having captured the last Jedi Rey , Supreme leader Kylo Ren takes her on board his star destroyer and Rey undergoes some DNA tests to check if they are related . To everyone’s surprise ( except the reylos )it turns out they are not and stranger still it turns out Rey is not related to anyone in Star Wars ....
Our story begins as kylo bridal carries Rey to his quarters ... “ Lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 30 May - 13:59

@Piper Maru wrote:Actual footage of Jason trying to save his own reputation, implying shady s*** ("the other thing") just so people can give a damn about him and pretending he didn't make a fool of himself on the internet.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 1385335789080975431
@Piper Maru

lol

With the inclusion of Mr. Rogers, I have to say that you are being too kind! Razz Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 30 May - 14:02

@Riri wrote:Lol he is kidding re Shmi’s mum.

I interpreted his initial tweet as “I have another scoop that would have debunked Rey-related, and since ReySolo has been debunked - im leaning more towards the second scoop but I need to do some more digging first before i can reveal it”
@Riri

If he needs a scoop to debunk Rey-related, he is admitting that his target audience are the fanboys and antis. Haha

The Vanity Fair issue was quite the scoop! Very Happy lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 30 May - 14:08

@AhsokaTano wrote:Found some small spoilers about characters regarding black spire and baatu revealed after the event last night :
https://d23.com/creatures-droids-and-aliens-meet-the-fantastical-figures-of-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Ed151a10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 5fa22c10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 E4b80610
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 B5f6fe10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 784b9410
@AhsokaTano

More and more, I wonder if Dominic Monaghan's character is a Gatherer (somehow ties to the character in the book - Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Force Collector - not one in the same because that person is a teen); however, it's the Gatherers that work with Rey to perhaps repair the legacy saber and interpret the Jedi texts.   Then again, maybe not - haha - yet it is swirling in my mind.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 30 May - 16:03

I wasn't in the fandom before TFA, but I heard that the casting call for Rey was open to all ethnicities. Is that true? because if it is, there's no way she's related to anyone unless it was a last minute change (I highly doubt it since Adam said he has known Kylo's arc since the beginning, and that would include something so huge as him being related to Rey).
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 30 May - 16:36

@Moonlight13 wrote:I wasn't in the fandom before TFA, but I heard that the casting call for Rey was open to all ethnicities. Is that true? because if it is, there's no way she's related to anyone unless it was a last minute change (I highly doubt it since Adam said he has known Kylo's arc since the beginning, and that would include something so huge as him being related to Rey).
@Moonlight13

Yes, concept art for Rey/Kira was actually multi ethnic as was the casting call, Jessica Henwick was only second to DR. So no, Rey was never meant to be a Solo. However, there was other separate concept art that could have implied a daughter for Han & Leia, but the final casting call was multi ethnic. So somewhere along the way, pre TFA JJ & Co settled on a single female lead. However if you go back and listen to the post TFA interview from Editor Mary Ann Brandon she seems to imply that Rey's lineage was undecided or undefined, so there is a ton of gray area or secrecy around the character of Rey.

Pre TFA, or the run up to TFA, there is a ton of goings on around Jason Ward and some of his actions "gaslighting" that went on over at the other Star Wars forum, he was eventually banned from there. He is reverting to type.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 30 May - 16:44

@spacebaby45678
Thanks for answering. That's very interesting. Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 30 May - 16:46

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:I wasn't in the fandom before TFA, but I heard that the casting call for Rey was open to all ethnicities. Is that true? because if it is, there's no way she's related to anyone unless it was a last minute change (I highly doubt it since Adam said he has known Kylo's arc since the beginning, and that would include something so huge as him being related to Rey).
@Moonlight13

Yes, concept art for Rey/Kira was actually multi ethnic as was the casting call, Jessica Henwick was only second to DR. So no, Rey was never meant to be a Solo. However, there was other separate concept art that could have implied a daughter for Han & Leia, but the final casting call was multi ethnic. So somewhere along the way, pre TFA JJ & Co settled on a single female lead. However if you go back and listen to the post TFA interview from Editor Mary Ann Brandon she seems to imply that Rey's lineage was undecided or undefined, so there is a ton of gray area or secrecy around the character of Rey.

Pre TFA, or the run up to TFA, there is a ton of goings on around Jason Ward and some of his actions "gaslighting" that went on over at the other Star Wars forum, he was eventually banned from there. He is reverting to type.
@spacebaby45678

I adore Daisy Ridley, yet I do wonder how different things would be if Jessica Henwick received the part of Rey.  (thinking about the discourse that has occurred.)

It is ironic that the questions that annoy Daisy the most - her lineage/parentage, I am curious if Jessica would have to deal with that annoying BS.  

Speaking of questions, I hope Daisy has permission to be rude/sassy awesome to any members of the press who ask her that question (for the upcoming press tours/junkets). Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 30 May - 16:59

@Moonlight13 It was and the choice of who was going to play Rey ultimately came down to Daisy or Jessica Henwick. Though given 3 years worth of reading nonsense, anybody who got cast in that role would've had to put up with parentage/cloning theories b/c fans can't let go of it.

Speaking of parentage, really the first thing to do if somebody told you a rumor like that would be to use your brain and think through the ramifications of introducing that particular plot point. Because the only logical answer is that the collective executive/legacy team behind this film decided to put out something that's going to surpass the PT as a "so bad it's good" camp classic. And that JJ is going to eat his words after making this public statement about fathers encountering daughters they don't know in Star Wars

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 D7odMP4U0AE7NNl
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 30 May - 17:38

I can’t believe we’ve been talking about that fake leak for three days! lol!  And I saw some people on twitter have panic attacks after it’d been shared.  Shocked  I didn’t even comment on it as soon as it surfaced cos I thought our collective spirit was strong enough not to get threatened by that ridiculous rumour.  Razz

Rey’s not Kylo’s cousin, let alone sister - twin, half-, or otherwise. Even the slightest worry it might somehow be true was pointless cos that ‘leak’ was as absurd as it could get and topped even Snoke-Palpatine-Voldemort fetus-horcrux or whatever that was  Lolilol (though we’ve recently speculated about Palpatine’s return and what form he’d appear in and potential horcrux-like object he’s tied to so maybe that crack spoiler isn’t as crack lmao!).

So thank God Pablo Hidalgo put a stop to that nonsense! Thumbs up

@californiagirl
@californiagirl wrote:Usually extensive discussion of such a ridiculous, wild theory indicates boredom, not having anything else to chew on. But VF was less than a week ago! Our attention spans have suffered, it would seem! Smile
Yes! I commented on twitter that appetite comes with eating and indeed, I’d love to be fed even more now! Jumping  I hope for some reylolicious ‘leaks’ to stimulate our imagination and increase speculation that actually makes sense cos that recent rumour was boring. Sleep

@californiagirl
@californiagirl wrote:I saw the rumor elsewhere, but didn't expect it to blow up into a gate! It's so absurd, how is this even the basis for conversation? Jason has said a lot of things that aren't actually true, whether he means to or not. Sometimes his sources intentionally give him false information to throw off the scent. There's nothing in any recent official marketing materials beyond people's speculations that would support this. Sometimes the discourse is stressful, but this isn't even doing anything to me. It's just laughable and eye-rolling, mildly annoying at worst. Smile
@nickandnora
@nickandnora wrote:There have been a lot of rumours that people have latched onto because they seemed like they originated from reliable sources. One that comes to mind is the voraciousness with which people defended that one poster FOOSLS on reddit because at first glance he seemed to have sort of kind of predicted TLJ last year well before it came out. So when he laid out the plotline for TRoS and it had, among many other things of note, Meryl Streep cast as Leia and Rey/Kylo having a secret lovechild between the events of the film, people believed it even though both of those things are ridiculous ideas (and man, did he DEFEND his knowing those things). Now I don't know why he had accurate information about TLJ, but I can safely say at this point that he is wrong about basically everything he was saying about the next film. So the lesson to be learned? If something sounds too ridiculous to be true, it probably is. Doesn't matter the source. This strikes me as one of those things
@Night Huntress
@Night Huntress wrote:are we really even discussing this? What an unnecessary fandom drama (again caused by attention seeking people following their own agenda).

If they don't want Reylo to happen they just won't let it happen- there is no need to make her related to Han and destroy a beloved character and his already tainted relationship with Leia. I'm sure after TROS we will have a better understanding of what happened and caused Ben to ultimately turn away from his family but I'm 100% sure it won't be some cheap telenovela type of drama. Rolling Eyes
@Night Huntress wrote:shouldn't this be in the "crack spoiler discussion thread" Rolling Eyes
Claps 100% agree with all of you above.

@Lovely_Rose
@Lovely_Rose wrote:That said I'm not really surprised that these "rumors" are popping up because LF seems determined to play both sides until the film is out. The 'spoilers' are reflecting the two factions, Reylated and Reylo, quite clearly. I don't believe this whatsoever but I deeply dislike the emotional whiplash this brings out. Right after the very nice VF cover here we go with BS. Ugh.
@vaderito
@vaderito wrote:IMO, ST is a massive failure in storytelling if LFL still thinks that Rey's parentage mystery is the selling point. If they didn't want TLJ to be definitive say on her parents, they shouldn't have put it in the movie. We are going to get more of these parentage freakouts thanks to LFL inability to stick to their guns. Plan or no plan, this BS mystery should have been resolved in TLJ without "there's more to her parents" crap promised in TROS.
This reminds me of a reylo on twitter who apparently had a friend in the marketing, who supposedly said reylos would be happy about TRoS promotion, but they’d also try to make everybody else pleased too. Regardless if what that reylo said was true, Lucasfilm probably doesn’t want to alienate anybody and might be trying to keep everybody hyped, hence the subtle Stormpilot vibe coming from the Vanity Fair article, a bone for Kylux in the form of ‘Age of Resistance’ comic, or the mention of Rey Solo and now that fake leak. However, it’s also obvious that only some stuff gets promoted officially in a vivid way - namely, bendemption and Reylo - whereas the rest falls into vague subtleties or unprovable rumours that one cannot even trace back to Lucasfilm for sure. Also, if Lucasfilm really stands behind this, they’ve intentionally picked up the most absurd theories to make sure that only those into delusional speculation fall for it and the rest of fandom and the general audience are slowly prepared for the true outcome. I mean, they could’ve dropped something for damereys or kenobists, which at this point I would consider bad writing, but also have some - however unlikely - chance of happening. How @SW_Heroine_Journey pointed out:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:What counts is what is out there for public consumption - easily findable for the public too, and definitely not reddit  The VF issue, especially the cover, communicates a romance (worse case scenario, friendship with angst).

@Lovely_Rose
@Lovely_Rose wrote:Could this "rumor" in the industry have anything to do with that VF commentary video about Rey and Kylo being brother and sister? Not to say that that would give this credibility, but perhaps it's a concept thrown around in circles for PR publicity purposes to keep up the illusion about Reylated. It's total BS btw and I'm annoyed that Jason ran with it for his podcast, because of course it would get out.
@Moonlight13
@Moonlight13 wrote:That video also said that Pryde could be Hux's father when we know from canon books that it was Brendol Hux (and he's dead now) Laughing , so I don't think it's a reliable source.
@12 Parsnips
@12 Parsnips wrote:I thought that video was downright embarrassing for VF. It just revealed that either the author doesn't know his subject very well (ever heard of canon?), or he's just parroting something he was told to say to drum up (stupid) conversation.
@SW_Heroine_Journey
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Agree! Very embarrassing!  It's their connection to Annie that is the only saving grace. lol

In the starwars.com article about the VF issue, it's not mentioned or embedded.  (only buried in the "learn even more on VanityFair.com now"), which indicates to me that VF was given a bit of editorial freedom (free speech concept), but if LF disagrees, it's ignored/not publicized on their side of things.
To Lev Grossman’s defense, when I watched his behind-the-scenes video, I had a feeling he presented those theories as not his own guesses, but speculation in the fandom, i.e. some of the most popular examples.

@whisperingwillow
@whisperingwillow wrote:This is why I don’t worry about Jason’s speculation on the movie... on there podcast they literally take things and run with them. A few weeks ago it was Luke being resurrected. Until he writes articles and puts it out on a larger scale then I’m not worried.
@roguepixie
@roguepixie wrote:This is why I'm not worried as well. I always have 90% doubt on stuff that he says on the podcast. That and coupled by JW's awful speculculation makes me doubt all of this.
@Lovely_Rose
@Lovely_Rose wrote:Tbh as much as I like the leaks Jason has out now, it's made me hesitant to take his full word on things going forward. I think we may really have to wait closer to the release to see truly legit information unfortunately.
@AhsokaTano
@AhsokaTano wrote:It’s bad really what happened over the last few days with the “solo siblings gate “but even worse when you think people who would have got that “ exclusive news “ first were paying on a patreon site . It makes me wonder just how much MSW really know about Rise of Skywalker. Am betting not much to be honest after that .
Approves Same, and I don’t even consider his website a reliable source either - the resurrection leak for me has exactly fifty-fifty chance of happening, though compared to other ‘spoilers’, it definitely does make sense. Thus I don’t consider myself spoiled in any way and if indeed it turns out to be true, I’ll just roll my eyes that a film so tightly secured leaked almost a year ahead of its release.

@whisperingwillow
@whisperingwillow wrote:
Lando, in possibly the diner location seen at Celebration, tells Finn and Poe something and they're floored--and Jason believes this scene to be related. That this is how Finn and Poe find out, though he speculates Rey must find out separately.

Or you know Lando could tell Poe and Finn that Kylo Ren is actually Ben Solo the son of Han and Leia... idk. As of yet, I don't believe either character has that knowledge yet and per Daisy, she and Finn do have some issues so Rey might not be very forthcoming with Kylo info.
@nickandnora
@nickandnora wrote:Far more likely is what everyone here is saying: Lando tells Finn and Poe that Kylo Ren is Ben Solo and Han and Leia's child, because I've always suspected from the way they set this up, that that particular nugget is a secret from the galaxy (and that Rey only knows because of inferences she made during the interrogation scene in TFA... and because she can read minds in general).
To be honest, like @Lily Snape, I always thought Rey and Finn overheard the conversation between Han and Kylo on the bridge - but I also remember Pablo Hidalgo said that’s not necessarily the case and was yet to be explained, if at all - or something along these lines. In which case, my guess would be Rey learned offscreen from Chewie.

@AhsokaTano
Seems like Rey is the Resistance poster girl after all - who would’ve guessed?  Tire langue  

@Riri
@Riri wrote:Im guessing whatever this other thing is, it must debunk rey related.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 1d2f3210
@Riri wrote:Lol he is kidding re Shmi’s mum.

This second piece of information - if it exists at all, that is  ROFL - can be as simple as a rumour about a scene of Rey visiting her parents’ grave (and that’d honour TLJ and dig further into the parental issue at the same time) or... Reylo endgame (as Lucasfilm obviously isn’t into incest though I’m sure there’d be antis screaming it anyway Eh bien ).
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 30 May - 18:02

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Moonlight13

@spacebaby45678

I adore Daisy Ridley, yet I do wonder how different things would be if Jessica Henwick received the part of Rey.  (thinking about the discourse that has occurred.)

It is ironic that the questions that annoy Daisy the most - her lineage/parentage, I am curious if Jessica would have to deal with that annoying BS.  

Speaking of questions, I hope Daisy has permission to be rude/sassy awesome to any members of the press who ask her that question (for the upcoming press tours/junkets). Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Jessica would have still gotten those questions as long as Rey's parents/lineage remained mysterious or unclear. The question is not a function of the ethnicity of the lead actress ( especially since Finn gets lineage questions too) but a failing of lead protagonists story in the ST. Just like knowing the origin of the FO would have been helpful to the audience (exposition) in understanding the events in between ROTJ & TFA, to have a protagonist in a family space opera spanning 40 years without affiliation or explanation of origin doesn't feel right to many in the audience. I say this understanding many opinions here that are opposite of mine, but neither is "wrong" or "right" just more of a preference.

As a kenobist, I feel on firm ground even if Jessica had gotten the part simply because there is concept art showing an ethnic female lead very much in the vain of Prequel concept art of Obi Wan Kenobi from Iain McCaig... and there were rumors of an "ethnic" granddaughter of Obi Wan being cast

After seeing Jessica in Iron Fist, I think she would have made a great Rey. Jessica is also on video claiming to have an "idea" of who Rey might be related too, but she has since never said.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 30 May - 18:37

@Moonlight13
Yes, as far as I know this is true. There are even concept arts of black and Asian Kira.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Alternate-Rey

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Rey%20concept%201
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 31 May - 6:27

@AhsokaTano - thanks for sharing! Have we gotten confirmation Batuu will be in TROS? what are we all thinking?
Will it be set between TLJ and TROS maybe?
If it's between the two it would be easier to not spoil TROS so may be we won't see Batuu on the big screen... ?
I might head to Takodana woods to discuss Batuu more.

@Moonjump05 - yep! I think Weequay are like Wookiees!
@AhsokaTano wrote:@Moonjump05
Maybe weequays ( Hondo ) have long lifespans like Wookiee’s?? Lol! The gatherers sound interesting passing on the ancient knowledge - wonder what we are going to find out and if anyone recognisable will be among them ?
@AhsokaTano
- I agree 'The Gatherers' are super interesting. Anthony Breznican talked about them in an article back in March but I completely missed it. I might share this in the Takodana wood section as it's maybe not TROS? I don't know lol. me confused.

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote: ...More and more, I wonder if Dominic Monaghan's character is a Gatherer (somehow ties to the character in the book - Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Force Collector - not one in the same because that person is a teen); however, it's the Gatherers that work with Rey to perhaps repair the legacy saber and interpret the Jedi texts.   Then again, maybe not - haha - yet it is swirling in my mind.
@SW_Heroine_Journey - whoooooo I this makes a lot of sense to me re Dominic Monaghan's character. He may be someone Rey helped to recruit to the resistance on Batuu. Force gatherer and force collector sound very similar! I noticed this too!!
Re the jedi texts. in one fo the images in the D23 article Dok Ondar looks to be reading a veeeeery old book. Just sayin...

Do you guys think we should discuss Batuu in TROS section? or Takodana? I'm confused.. (about a lot of things ha!)

@nana7marie wrote:
Seems like Rey is the Resistance poster girl after all - who would’ve guessed?  Tire langue  
@nana7marie - ha! Reylos guessed!!!!!

My 2cents on Jason Ward - I don't spend time thinking about him. There's too much star wars canon and legit info out there for me to give him the time of day!! News of the Hux and Kylo Ren Marooned together comic issue has made my week. I don't care what Jason Ward wants to have fun speculating about. but YMMV fair enough.
For me, the best response to such nonsense is to not pay any attention to it.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Giphy

sunny

edited to add - Ohhhh just found an article that says Galaxy's edge is set between the two movies. Hmm.
Any info on whether we will see Batuu in TROS?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 31 May - 12:17

Oh gosh...the concept art..back in the day when I was literally digging into everything ad remembered finding this:

Mixed race Rey with tattoo on head and a mixed race actress who told people that she had auditioned to play Obi Wan's grand daughter.

Obi Wan Kenobi concept art from the fantom Menace with same hair style and also a tattoo on head as this young Rey concept art
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Th10

The map to Skywalker being the exact same shape as the tattoo on the PM concept art Obi Wan's head...and Rey in TFA knowing the location..like its ingrained in her mind

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 34 Untitl10

Then remembering that concept may or may not show what was originally intended and I was looking too much into sith...oh man those were the days LOL. Mad
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum