Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 3:34 pm

@Gemini wrote:Oh gosh...the concept art..back in the day when I was literally digging into everything ad remembered finding this:

Mixed race Rey with tattoo on head and a mixed race actress who told people that she had auditioned to play Obi Wan's grand daughter.

Obi Wan Kenobi concept art from the fantom Menace with same hair style and also a tattoo on head as this young Rey concept art
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Th10

The map to Skywalker being the exact same shape as the tattoo on the PM concept art Obi Wan's head...and Rey in TFA knowing the location..like its ingrained in her mind

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Untitl10

Then remembering that concept may or may not show what was originally intended and I was looking too much into sith...oh man those were the days LOL. Mad
@Gemini

Holy heck !!! I’m liking this route and one I had not heard of. Catching up with all the treads it seems I’d better dig out my ‘Art Of...’ books too. I know @“snufkin” finds many gems this way !
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 6:02 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Oh gosh...the concept art..back in the day when I was literally digging into everything ad remembered finding this:

Mixed race Rey with tattoo on head and a mixed race actress who told people that she had auditioned to play Obi Wan's grand daughter.

Obi Wan Kenobi concept art from the fantom Menace with same hair style and also a tattoo on head as this young Rey concept art
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Th10

The map to Skywalker being the exact same shape as the tattoo on the PM concept art Obi Wan's head...and Rey in TFA knowing the location..like its ingrained in her mind

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Untitl10

Then remembering that concept may or may not show what was originally intended and I was looking too much into sith...oh man those were the days LOL. Mad
@Gemini

Holy heck !!! I’m liking this route and one I had not heard of. Catching up with all the treads it seems I’d better dig out my ‘Art Of...’ books too. I know @“snufkin” finds many gems this way !

@Gemini

I know that you are very much over theorizing as a sport, considering all of the disappointing outcomes in fandom lately but you always had/have the sharpest eyes.  What a catch! I have never seen anyone in fandom since 2015 figure this one out. At the time we had no idea what it meant just that there it was, on Obi's head and on the map that was inside Rey's head.

But that symbol on the head of the prequel Obi Wan and the Map to Luke is the constellation Leo, the Sickle, the backward question mark. The mystery of the sphinx.. the key that unlocks all of the doors.  Very Happy

There is a slight difference, but there is a line that goes through Obi's Sickle, that line if you look at the stars in the constellation goes through the star AL Jabhah, which is right above the Royal Star Regulus which means little king or ( Cor Leonis) Heart of the Lion

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 180506mikelynch-graphic
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 9:52 am

Force Bond is a perfect way to circumvent Beautiful Friendship Gang and have Rey and Kylo scenes while she's accompanied by those sidekicks. it also adds drama if she is going to bond with Ben right under Finn/Poe/Chewie/droids/anyone else nose.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 8:47 pm

I believe I have located the much discussed "Oracle" alien in... leaked photos we've had for several months, haha! Can't believe I never noticed it in the corner. The leak description identifies it as an unfinished "mask" of a new alien, which means there will be animatronics involved. That explains why the body isn't in the photos - it's not a concept or costume art like most of the other photos.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Image0

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Screen_Shot_2019-06-02_at_9.30.10_PM
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Screen_Shot_2019-06-02_at_9.21.32_PM

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Screen_Shot_2019-06-02_at_9.21.51_PM
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 9:04 pm

Excellent catch Fizz! Only other critter they've shared images for are the Orbaks. But those are based on the horses developed for Solo's train heist. And the facial shape/eyes aren't the same, plus no ears

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Orbak

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 9:14 pm

In case anybody needs a refresher the Oracle is from this leak from JediPaxis on Reddit:
When we pick up with Kylo's story in IX, he's still struggling between the Light Side and the Dark Side. In addition to this, he's also dealing with how to reconcile his feelings toward Rey.

My source specifically referred to these feelings as a "love" for Rey. (It's at this point in the post that I would like people on all sides of the "Reylo" issue to pause, take a deep breath and cool your collective jets before commenting on this).

Kylo either seeks out or is summoned by a new character that is being referred to by my source as "the Oracle".
So I would say this stuff is very likely to be in the film.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 02 Jun 2019, 10:47 pm

Thing about that spoiler is that as with certain elements of TLJ's Force plot, it sounds an awful lot like a plotline the writer/director used in a previous work:

The last season of Felicity was supposed to be 17 episodes, so JJ and Matt Reeves wrote that number & then the following show for that time slot had issues, so they were told that they had 5 more episodes. JJ ended up writing a finale plotline where Felicity's goth roommate (Meghan, who deserved so much better than Greg Grunberg as a LI) casts a spell which sends Felicity back to her freshman year to see if she'd make the same choices/relationships all over again. As with the most recent spoiler, Felicity ends up consulting with a Fortune Teller (Oracle) about the spell where the conclusion is the same in terms of what path she's on and which person she's meant to be with. FWIW my guess is that the "Kylo meets a creepy baby Oracle" scene that Reddit leaked will be like Maz yelling at Han - about how he needs to stop skulking around and go make peace with his wife because there are bigger problems to tackle where they need one another. :

Series Finale:    
Episode 84 — Back to the Future
Because he survived in the original history, Felicity blames herself for Noel’s death in the administration building fire. Meghan suggests that she go to Paul Korsikoff (the author of the spell book) and undo the spell. Felicity doesn’t believed that this will work but is willing to try anything to make things right and save Noel.
Felicity convinces Korsikoff that she successfully used one of his spells to travel through time. He requests that she bring him personal items from all of her friends. She does and tells the author about her friends, her life in New York, and her romantic histories with both Noel and Ben. Korsikoff tells her that she actually returned to the past to let go of Noel. He burns the items and conducts the spell.

That night, Felicity is afraid to go to sleep. She wants to undo the damage that she caused but is afraid of losing Ben. He pleads with her to try to forgive him in the future, apologizes in advance for his actions, and professes that he can’t live without her.

Felicity wakes up the evening before Noel’s wedding, surrounded by her concerned friends. They tell her that she developed a high fever and became delusional. Did she really travel through time?

It’s as if none of it ever happened but Ben asks for forgiveness, using the exact same words that he did before Felicity went to sleep in the past. Felicity agrees to take him back. Noel marries Zoe and the friends celebrate at their reception.

‘Felicity’ Cast Attempt To Remember Details Of Time-Traveling Finale, Scott Foley Backpedals On Reboot Talks

During the last five episodes, Abrams added a time-traveling element to the narrative after the “faux finale,” where Felicity made different life choices which eventually affected the series finale...

“The beauty of the show is this romantic idea of this chance to change your life completely,” said Russell. “Everyone can look back and say, ‘I wish I would have taken that chance’ — that was the sweetness, beauty, and truth of the show. That’s what we got to live out on the show.”
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 3:31 am

I created a post about this on Reddit a few weeks back but JediPaxis says his source told him they are two different creatures, so who knows! @FrolickingFizzgig

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/ba7c9d/is_this_the_oracle_creature/

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 6:18 am

That alien is not Oracle but Aki Aki:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 EnSKE5a

I hope everyone can see this image that shows leaked image was an unfinished version of Aki Aki alien:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 Unknown

as you can see, his nose appendages are curled inward on the unfinished photo, but hanging out on the final one.

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 8:11 am

I wonder if the Oracle is a Force Priestess...if Ben visits the Force Planet....?? (they were an important part of the plot for Yoda's arc, as his philosophy evolved, which is my only basis for mentioning this - admittedly. Very Happy)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 9:55 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I wonder if the Oracle is a Force Priestess...if Ben visits the Force Planet....?? (they were an important part of the plot for Yoda's arc, as his philosophy evolved, which is my only basis for mentioning this - admittedly. Very Happy)
@SW_Heroine_Journey

A force priestess looking and acting like a SW version of Naomie Harris in PoC would be my wish Smile. Whatever that oracle says, I hope it makes no sense at first or is misunderstood by the one seeking advice and us, the audience. Those are the best predictions in movies - not so much in RL.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 11:52 am

Oh well, creepy baby Oracle is gonna look like something else. Still stands if it's part of the movie, JJ's used this type of character/plotline before and it wasn't about enemies or long-lost sibling/cousins. Especially the "letting go of the past" part sounds pretty relevant to several characters, as well as "the paths we took always lead to each other."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 12:15 pm

@vaderito
That’s interesting about that alien possibly being the oracle and called acki acki because in Dooku Jedi Lost the audiobook have started listening to by Cavan Scott one of the Jedi from long ago who was lost ( Jedi fallen to dark side ) is called Red-acki . Hmm.

Anyway everyone I have listened to 25% of Dooku Jedi lost audiobook so far - it’s a 6hr play basically and going to listen to rest of it this week as have time off and I honestly recommend everyone here listen to it .
They are setting up Ben solo and reylo big time . As I was listening to it I thought this could be Ben solo’s life to be honest and I sometimes had to remember no it’s Count Dooku. It’s very hogwarts and Harry Potter esque too in parts as teenage Dooku and his only friend in at the Jedi temple Sifo
Dyas ( yes of clone wars ) creep about the forbidden knowledge part of the library at night called the Bogan ( darkside ) and break in with .... sand because sand can undo electromagnetic seals on the door ( maybe sand will come up in Rise of Skywalker In this way if Ben and Rey are artefact hunting ? ) . And it’s very human too - ie Dooku and Sifo Dyas’ friendship is very real and they joke and have a laugh ( Dooku’s yoda impression made me chuckle ).

There’s lots of forbidden lore and ancient artefacts too but the Jedi aren’t looking good in this and you realise just how bad & wrong it is that they took little kids and babies from their families - it brings it home bigtime .
Moreover Asaaj seems to still be connected to her former Jedi master “Kai “ and he’s in her head even though he’s dead ( like a force bond ?).

The story is basically count Dooku taking Asaaj on as apprentice and recounting his life to her . His loneliness , conflict , pride and how when he reconnects with his “ sister “ on a chance visit to Serenno (as a teenager Padawan ) he finds out who he really is and how his father sold him to the Jedi as a baby and he is bitter about it . He then keeps in touch with his sister and they are close .There are a lot of echoed phrases in this with the sequel trilogy that kylo says but you hear them in a different context in this play.

One scene really stood out to me . When Kai is in Asaaj’s head and they are “ discussing “ what count Dooku really needs ( the bond with his sister and Sifo Dyas was not enough it seems).

And am not kidding as I write this - they joke together that what count Dooku needs “ are all the beautiful birds !!!!” Birds it seems in Star Wars are scarce lol!!!! I could not stop laughing when I heard this because Lucasfilm are trying to be subtle but wink wink I know exactly what they mean by this . Yes bird is a slang term for female and especially a female a man desires sexually - it can be viewed as sexist term but there’s no doubt they meant this sexually also (especially as 25% in to the audiobook so far it’s made really clear how lonely Dooku is ).

It’s interesting how many birds ( porgs )there were on anch to in TLJ paired up and having baby porgs lol! And there’s one particular one who is still waiting for her mate - Sorry for that last sentence couldn’t help it after that audiobook lol! Very Happy
The bird analogy is interesting because penguins for instance mate for life and also feel the call to the sea just like Jedi feel the call to the beyond and the sea of stars .
If I find anything else when I hear it I will post here or on the takodana thread . SmileEpisode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 35 70189510
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 12:54 pm

I'm down for anything that will give reylo lol, but personally not liking the idea of a random oracle to make him snap out of it. I'd so prefer force luke for do that job with a vision of Han. Something more personal.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 9:26 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I wonder if the Oracle is a Force Priestess...if Ben visits the Force Planet....?? (they were an important part of the plot for Yoda's arc, as his philosophy evolved, which is my only basis for mentioning this - admittedly. Very Happy)
@SW_Heroine_Journey

A force priestess looking and acting like a SW version of Naomie Harris in PoC would be my wish Smile. Whatever that oracle says, I hope it makes no sense at first or is misunderstood by the one seeking advice and us, the audience. Those are the best predictions in movies - not so much in RL.
@SanghaRen

ooh! Love all of this! If the Oracle is true, I hope the entire scene is fantastical weird...with capital letters! lol Essentially, based on the rumors, I identify the Oracle as SW's Aphrodite, and when I am feeling really silly - cupid (the silly cute ones) Very Happy

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 5:10 am

I wonder when will we get a teaser poster. We had first for TLJ in April, then red posters for most characters in July. Considering that the next event in August, it seems we will get it at Celebration. But I hope there will be something earlier and it will be substantial. I saw new poster of masked Kylo and hope that this is not the poster for promoting TROS.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 12:55 pm

@special_cases wrote:I wonder when will we get a teaser poster. We had first for TLJ in April, then red posters for most characters in July. Considering that the next event in August, it seems we will get it at Celebration. But I hope there will be something earlier and it will be substantial. I saw new poster of masked Kylo and hope that this is not the poster for promoting TROS.
@special_cases

Isn't the cast of Episode IX going to be at Comic Con though? I think it's in July.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 1:20 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@special_cases wrote:I wonder when will we get a teaser poster. We had first for TLJ in April, then red posters for most characters in July. Considering that the next event in August, it seems we will get it at Celebration. But I hope there will be something earlier and it will be substantial. I saw new poster of masked Kylo and hope that this is not the poster for promoting TROS.
@special_cases

Isn't the cast of Episode IX going to be at Comic Con though? I think it's in July.
@tukicarreno

It's only a rumor, and the source of that rumor is MSW..and yeah...before the recent drama, I would feel confident about it. Now, I'm meh about their trustworthiness, news. If it turns out TROS will be at SDCC, I then say, "lucky guess!" lol

Usually, SDCC would be a definite, yet D23 is also this year, which is what causes the uncertainty (if Disney wants to spread the wealth, or keep all info reveals - i.e. in the Marvel, revealing the films for the next phase, for D23).

Silver lining, if nothing is at SDCC, D23 is only the month afterwards, August (versus July). Smile

I'm leaning towards goodies for both; however, SDCC will have less. How that works out...we shall see! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 2:36 pm

More info on how they're including Leia in TROS. Unused TFA stuff, reused TFA stuff, digital work, body double... Really is a hybrid of many things, but NOT the weird CGI from RO.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/06/details-on-how-they-are-bringing-leia-to-life-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker.html

It was also shared in another thread, but here's one of JJ's longtime editors talking about Trek and SW. Vimeo, not YT, so can't embed. https://vimeo.com/340088680

Also hearing that TROS might not be at Comic Con, based on things journalists are saying. But we won't know until panel announcements two weeks out, and D23 is the next month anyway.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 2:48 pm

@californiagirl As I'm thinking about it, it seems really likely they'd hire a voice actor for a few bits.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 3:35 pm

Marvel is more likely to be the bigger presence at SDCC than Star Wars but not sure they'll unveil their upcoming slate at SDCC. More likely D23 to spread it out a bit more and that is their home base. During D23 in 2017 both Marvel and Star Wars were at present and not at SDCC.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 4:28 pm

SDCC needs Disney (LF & Marvel), more than Disney needs them, especially because D23 is this year - and Disney knows this, which is why I will not be surprised if it's mostly or all D23.

Big picture, I am wondering about the sustainability of SDCC for the future considering it costs the studios to be there, and they can do their own thing (D23), or wonder what they gain by being there. For example, the movies with the biggest buzz from SDCC last year were Shazam and Godzilla, and..yeah..did not translate to box office gold. Who knows, maybe they made slightly more because of the Comic Con crowd, or those who notice, but I don't know if it was worth the cost.

Plus, WB/Wonder Woman will not be there this year - the movie is released about a year from now, so next year's SDCC will be the past for its release..i.e. NA. Ironically, its greatest marketing push will be with Disney's help (in front of TROS).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 9:42 pm

Hi all - being super quick in my lunch break to give the latest age of rebellion comic issue a shout out- it’s the Luke Skywalker issue.
I will come back with more detail tonight if no one else does. we see the emperor attacking Luke psychically/mentally trying to manipulate him through the force- he’s able to do it though he has no idea where Luke is. Whoa!
So no reason he and/ or snoke weren’t doing the same to Ben.. makes me wonder if Rey is going to face this barrage in IX
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 10:25 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hi all - being super quick in my lunch break to give the latest age of rebellion comic issue a shout out- it’s the Luke Skywalker issue.
I will come back with more detail tonight if no one else does. we see the emperor attacking Luke psychically/mentally trying to manipulate him through the force- he’s able to do it though he has no idea where Luke is. Whoa!
So no reason he and/ or snoke weren’t doing the same to Ben.. makes me wonder if Rey is going to face this barage in IX
sunny
@DeeBee

Looking forward to it! Also, I wanted to ask you and @AhsokaTano - I asked Matt on Twitter where is Batuu on the SW's Galaxy Map. He did not want to answer at this time, but indicated it may be in the upcoming tie-in books for GE and TROS. I then asked if it isn't or if I ditzy miss it, if I can ask him after TROS's release, and he responded with a positive yes. Interesting LF is being mysterious about it, considering when people visit the land at Disneyland (and soon WDW), they are arriving from off world/visiting the planet. lol

So...what are your guesses about its location in relation to the other planets? Which one is it close to?

Furthermore, do you think it will have a prominent place in TROS? If so, at the beginning, middle or end of the story (or all of it)? Soar with the guesses and theories! I am truly curious! Very Happy

I think it's near Endor, and based on footage I've seen from Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run on YT (I don't know about all scenarios, but the one I saw), when it returns to Batuu, it has an asteroid belt/ring around the planet. I don't think it will be where Ben and Rey live HEA (that may be Ahch-To, but I'm not attached to the idea).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 1:34 am

@californiagirl wrote:More info on how they're including Leia in TROS. Unused TFA stuff, reused TFA stuff, digital work, body double... Really is a hybrid of many things, but NOT the weird CGI from RO.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/06/details-on-how-they-are-bringing-leia-to-life-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker.html

It was also shared in another thread, but here's one of JJ's longtime editors talking about Trek and SW. Vimeo, not YT, so can't embed. https://vimeo.com/340088680

Also hearing that TROS might not be at Comic Con, based on things journalists are saying. But we won't know until panel announcements two weeks out, and D23 is the next month anyway.
@californiagirl
I remember we wondered here once if they’d use a stand-in or a voice actress and I’m happy this is likely the case! Smile It certainly gives more possibilities to fit Leia into the actual storyline in a meaningful way, rather than just randomly insert her here and there so that she appears in the film at all. You know guys, we might even get a reunion with Kylo in one way or another H-beating .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum