Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by fuhry on Tue 9 Jul - 17:47

I had a thought last night that it would be cool if Rey and Kylo found themselves on some isolated spot, and they fought and fought and fought until they were both wiped out tired, and since they were trapped there, they call a truce.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 9 Jul - 18:22

I am actually hoping they spend most of the movie isolated from the others, rather like Finn and Rose did in TLJ.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 10 Jul - 21:40

The red troopers are called sith troopers. I thought they were rumored to be Kylo's, but he's not a sith. Palpatine's backup plan? Force sensitive? I have so many questions. Shocked

https://www.starwars.com/news/sith-trooper-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-sdcc-2019
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 10 Jul - 21:59

@californiagirl wrote:The red troopers are called sith troopers. I thought they were rumored to be Kylo's, but he's not a sith. Palpatine's backup plan? Force sensitive? I have so many questions. Shocked

https://www.starwars.com/news/sith-trooper-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-sdcc-2019
@californiagirl

whaT WHAT WHAT Shocked Shocked

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 438b5437566563c3a11075ffd3e125589e4c3a29

There is a Sith Trooper in TROS?! WTH SITH?! Didn’t Kylo say in TLJ “Its time to let old things die. Snoke, Skywalker, the SITH, the Jedi, the rebels...let them all die...” So why the hell would there be SITH troopers? wrote:

INDEED!!

for a little bit more :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W52mBo8zG6g
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 10 Jul - 22:08

@Teo oswald wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:The red troopers are called sith troopers. I thought they were rumored to be Kylo's, but he's not a sith. Palpatine's backup plan? Force sensitive? I have so many questions. Shocked

@californiagirl

whaT WHAT WHAT Shocked Shocked

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 438b5437566563c3a11075ffd3e125589e4c3a29

There is a Sith Trooper in TROS?! WTH SITH?! Didn’t Kylo say in TLJ “Its time to let old things die. Snoke, Skywalker, the SITH, the Jedi, the rebels...let them all die...” So why the hell would there be SITH troopers? wrote:

INDEED!!

for a little bit more :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W52mBo8zG6g
@Teo oswald

I think they are probably are going to be following orders from Palpatine.. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 10 Jul - 22:28

Ooh ! Intriguing ! Thanks for posting @californiagirl
To be honest if Rey intends to become a Jedi it doesn’t surprise me if Kylo becomes Sith ( as her equal
And opposite ) lol ! He may have talked about letting the past die but as we know that probably isn’t going to happen and also Rey rejected him . So what we could get is a situation where Rey starts of as Jedi and Ben as Sith but at the end they both become a new “ancient “ term - warrior ! Lol! Jedi and Sith both make up a warrior . The new thrawn book seems to be highlighting this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 3f923310
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 9e4e9710

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Wed 10 Jul - 23:15; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 10 Jul - 22:33

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Lovely_Rose wrote:Yeah I don’t want Kylo and Rey to fight most of the film. There are better ways to show their dynamic for sure.
@Lovely_Rose

I know, here's hoping they do have some emotional intimate scenes along the way... Sigh, I am getting anxious now. Neutral
@tukicarreno

The vanity fair interviews said their connection will be far deeper than ever, so there will def be more to it than just the cool fighting no doubt.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 10 Jul - 22:36

@AhsokaTano wrote:Ooh ! Intriguing ! Thanks for posting @californiagirl
To be honest if Rey intends to become a Jedi it doesn’t surprise if Kylo becomes Sith ( as her equal
And opposite ) lol ! He may have talked about letting the past die but as we know that probably isn’t going to happen and also Rey rejected him . So what we could get is a situation where Rey starts of as Jedi and Ben as Sith but at the end they both become a new “ancient “ term - warrior ! Lol! Jedi and Sith both make up a warrior . The new thrawn book seems to be highlighting this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 3f923310
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 9e4e9710
@AhsokaTano

Hmm.. I am not sure about that... There is a reason why Palpatine is in IX...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 10 Jul - 22:45

@californiagirl

Oh my goodness, causes me to wonder if the teaser scene of Ben in battle with the traditional stormtroopers IS part of a rebellion (with Finn involved) against the evil side, which includes the Sith troopers and the Knights of Ren!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 10 Jul - 22:49

Heck, that sounds cool
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 10 Jul - 23:24

@tukicarreno
Do you think they are Palpatine’s Sith troopers? Could be possible I guess?
Am cool with it either way if they are kylo’s or Palpatine’s . I don’t expect Rey and Kylo to be in the same place they start the film with by the end so I expect kylo in his loneliness to be a bit Sith like( at least at the beginning )as Rey rejected him .

Ps/ just editing to add this - anybody noticed the symbol on the Sith trooper rucksack for sale - oooh !

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 334d1c10

Black diamond ????Also Jedi symbol ???
Also discussion on this on Reddit - that black diamond symbol seems to be a Sith symbol - it’s similar to Jedi one .

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cbn0au/sith_trooper_symbol_could_be_the_new_sith_symbol/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 798c5e10

Looks too like the troopers answer to Kylo and knights of Ren and this has some plot significance :

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cbm697/according_to_jasons_sources_the_sith_troopers/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 11 Jul - 1:08

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Scree519
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Inkeds41
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Scree518

Yes, I've also seen people interpreting this as an easy way to distinguish different, possibly opposing group of stormtroopers. Internal strife and rebellion? Some think they're Pryde's. Also saw a suggestion that red is being used in the ST to indicate things that involve Palpatine.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 11 Jul - 4:58

@californiagirl wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Scree519
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Inkeds41
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 Scree518

Yes, I've also seen people interpreting this as an easy way to distinguish different, possibly opposing group of stormtroopers. Internal strife and rebellion? Some think they're Pryde's. Also saw a suggestion that red is being used in the ST to indicate things that involve Palpatine.
@californiagirl

With Max's reply I am pretty sure that those Sith troopers are not going to follow Kylo but Palpatine's orders. Cannot wait! Kylo is going to rebel against them with the white storm troopers.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 11 Jul - 7:27

Official merchandise (all credit to sleemo on Twitter ):
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 32787e10
I love youSmile

@tukicarreno
@californiagirl

Regarding that Matt Martin tweet about finding out the context of Sith - I thought maybe it’s like E.D.I.T.H. in marvel so I googled acronyms and it came up
With “ Sick In The Head “ as top acronym for Sith ( this is a nasty , horrible term and am not intending to cause offence to anyone- apologies if I have but it’s what it said - google it and you’ll see. Really hoping Lucasfilm don’t use it ). It is the top acronym for Sith . It may be nothing but why it may be of note is because the dark side behaves like a virus / an infection/a plague ( you’ve only got to see how Ezra reacts to it in Rebels because it starts off like virus symptoms ) and yesterday there was a post on Reddit that got deleted ( before the Sith trooper leaks ) that suggested a theory that Plagueis was snoke and Sidious and Kylo Ren and that Plagueis jumped from host body to body because he’d discovered how to do it and why he was interested in recruiting young healthy apprentices . That’s why Palpatine taunted Luke to strike him down in ROTJ because he wanted to transfer his essence into him but he didn’t succeed . Anyway that was a theory but would tie into the hints we’ve had in the comics ( especially the star Wars ones ) of symbiosis and Luke and Han being possessed by parasitic , vampiric hive like creatures ( which they eventually fight off) because it’s several times . Maybe Plagueis as his name suggests is older than we know and goes way back to the beginning of time and is the very essence of the dark side itself
corrupting , invading and feeding of the life force of host bodies . Anyway enough from me and hoping Sith does mean something else.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 11 Jul - 10:15

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 A5e883e191d089796bb30270ba2b0a64c3442188

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 73acc1d413b610df0e730e663f5ade4e98293a98

you're trying to tell me something???? Smile Smile

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 1a3c3cab15b336556b53580c1899e46b17cd8b73 Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 F4e68f3ec6a5a13fc1edfe9f3166f41dd070ee2a

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 11 Jul - 10:37

@AhsokaTano wrote:@tukicarreno
Do you think they are Palpatine’s Sith troopers? Could be possible I guess?
Am cool with it either way if they are kylo’s or Palpatine’s . I don’t expect Rey and Kylo to be in the same place they start the film with by the end so I expect kylo in his loneliness to be a bit Sith like( at least at the beginning )as Rey rejected him .

Ps/ just editing to add this - anybody noticed the symbol on the Sith trooper rucksack for sale - oooh !

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 334d1c10

Black diamond ????Also Jedi symbol ???
Also discussion on this on Reddit - that black diamond  symbol seems to be a Sith symbol - it’s similar to Jedi one .

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cbn0au/sith_trooper_symbol_could_be_the_new_sith_symbol/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 798c5e10

Looks too like the troopers answer to Kylo and knights of Ren and this has some plot significance :

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cbm697/according_to_jasons_sources_the_sith_troopers/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
@AhsokaTano

Someone has great eyes!
What is this book? The Vader blurb is from?
The same symbol is next to Darth Vader Sith Lord- but if this was a Sith symbol, why would the Luke entry be the rebel alliance symbol instead of the Jedi symbol?
I’m no expert on symbols lol.. it is interesting that the symbol is next to Vader- could be a symbol for Vader. I could see the acolytes of the beyond taking his seal and making it a symbol for their group...

Very interesting!

These red troopers look like a lot of fun! The weapon options on that Sith trooper pack look very cool! Do I see a lightsaber resistant blade?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 11 Jul - 11:43

@Teo oswald
I love that Adam Driver is quoting and signing Ben /kylo with his autographs! That’s wonderful ! Smile

@DeeBee
The book with the symbols above was mentioned on Reddit above in the link but more info below . It’s published in a few days :

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 52459b10

Yeah it is strange about Luke ‘s symbol ? Maybe the entry is for ANH or EST before Luke becomes a Jedi ? I guess we’ll know more when the book is out as we are bound to get more leaks .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 11 Jul - 11:58

@AhsokaTano wrote:@Teo oswald
I love that Adam Driver is quoting and signing Ben /kylo with his autographs! That’s wonderful ! Smile

@DeeBee
The book with the symbols above was mentioned on Reddit above in the link but more info below . It’s published in a few days :

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 52459b10

Yeah it is strange about Luke ‘s symbol ? Maybe the entry is for ANH or EST before Luke becomes a Jedi ? I guess we’ll know more when the book is out as we are bound to get more leaks .
@AhsokaTano

Ohhh thanks for clearing that up - yeah will be very interesting! I think the Luke entry says underneath 'Anakin skywalker's son' - from what we can see of the blurb it's all about Anakin's children I think. If anyone can fill us in if they buy it I'd be very grateful!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 13 Jul - 22:12

this is shockingly flying under the radar:

“I was the last person to wrap, it was my final shot - and in the shot, I’m just crying...” - Daisy Ridley for People TV

you can watch the video here:

https://twitter.com/peopletv/status/1149679806033719297

So what do we make of this? is it the final shot of TROS or just the last thing she filmed (but is out of order)? was she even crying in character or as Daisy? And most importantly, since Adam was there too thanks to his make up artist slip on IG, what does it mean?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 13 Jul - 22:41

@vaderito wrote:this is shockingly flying under the radar:

“I was the last person to wrap, it was my final shot - and in the shot, I’m just crying...” - Daisy Ridley for People TV

you can watch the video here:

https://twitter.com/peopletv/status/1149679806033719297

So what do we make of this? is it the final shot of TROS or just the last thing she filmed (but is out of order)? was she even crying in character or as Daisy? And most importantly, since Adam was there too thanks to his make up artist slip on IG, what does it mean?
@vaderito
The last scene Daisy filmed for TLJ was from Crait (Rey and Chewie on the MF), and considering that JJ films mostly in order (but not 100% in order because I think that's almost impossible), my best guess is that the scene is from the third act but it's not the last scene of the movie.
My tinfoil hat theory Laughing : since Adam was there (and we saw the colors the make-up artist used), they were filming Ben Solo's death and resurrection.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 13 Jul - 23:03

Yeah, the make up kit almost used up all of the blood make up or something so whatever they shot must have a very injured Kylo or similar.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 13 Jul - 23:50

DR interview with People Mag's couch surfing.

She says she was the last person to wrap, and it was her final shot and she was crying. starts at 3:30

https://www.peopleewnetwork.com/video/daisy-ridley-ptv-couchsurf-daisy-ridley-master
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 14 Jul - 17:39

Guys, on twitter there are so many posts where Daisy says she was the last to shoot Tros. As you also wrote, she cried a lot and said it was a good ending.

What do you think?

The first thing that comes to my mind is that if she knew this movie ends with her alone and Kylo died, also if he save everyone with a sacrifice. In this case it would be a spoiler.

The second thing is that I don't see an happy ending if Ben Solo dies.
I don't see a happy ending if Rey will be alone.

The whole saga is sad. All Skywalkers, and the people they love, die violently. Anakin dies to save Luke, Luke dies to save Leia, Ben will dies to save Rey ... If this story wants to make sense, then there must be a happy ending.

A point where their destiny changes.

Redemption is not enough, a positive outcome is needed.

The only positive outcome in this story is to see a happy couple. So Rey and Ben can disappear from the scene together, I think it would be the real and only happy ending that would make sense.

However, I can't be so positive ... I hated the finale of Game of Throne and Avenger End Game. Romanticism, if it exists, is interrupted or destroyed by the characters themselves. So I tend to be very pessimistic. But my logic tells me that if they want to make sense of the Star Wars saga there must be a happy romantic ending.

But Daisy's answers don't make me hope ...

What do you think about it?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 14 Jul - 17:59

The final shot is of Daisy and her crying and she keeps saying it’s epic and emotional in interviews . This could mean sadness , however if she is anything like me I don’t just cry when I feel sad but also at positive things - weddings , births , reunions , good news . These are just examples . Emotional , epic tears sound to me like something overwhelming and maybe spiritual too. The shot before that could be a shot of Ben returning to Rey or a child . We just don’t know . There are many occasions when you cry and it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be sad .
I saw this on MSW site few days ago and I think it’s got a fair point. The way Ben Solo’s story ends reflects not just on the sequel trilogy but the entire Star Wars saga . Remember these films are aimed at kids too .
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 39 42726610
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 14 Jul - 18:55

I'm not worried about it at all. There are so many unknowns, and AhsokaTano gave many great examples. Due to the NDA's the unknowns will remain unknown, until the movie is released (or shortly prior, after the review embargo drops).

My recommendation - if the words of the cast and crew cause nervousness, especially Daisy's, I recommend ignoring/muting it in all manner (don't seek them, and if they cross your path, do not read it, even if referenced).

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum