Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by giaciak2 on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 12:53 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Yeah and to be honest I don’t want this either ha ha ! Just posted something about it on Reddit just now and it’s getting slaughtered already and people thinking am on drugs . Lol! I need to take a break from Star Wars and marvel methinks ! ha ha !
@"Ahsoka Tano"

Your theory is incredible. I haven't seen EndGame yet, so I'll let you know what I think.

The theory I'm writing a Fan Fiction where I imagines that Sky-walkers can cross space and time. Still in my idea, even the Gods of Mortis are Sky walkers (since they're dead) and someone else has to take their place. It is not very different from the descent of Hades to underworld, while Rey remains Persephone. In my crazy story Anakin, the chosen one (the god, the new father of Mortis), along with Padme as the goddess of love, eventually resurrects Ben from the Underworld, rewinding the tape of destiny. But I have a Beta that hates Reylo and yet it loves my story (which is a romantic Reylo). The funny thing is that my Beta is a fan of Indiana Jones and keeps telling me that in the last episode Indiana Jones has to do with a spaceship that opens "SPACE of SPACES" and reading my story tells me: according to me Space between Spaces is the World among the Worlds.

So these your theories about Loki seem to me the BIGGER crossover between Indiana Jones / Loki and Star Wars ... WOW!

OMG ... could do series for the next 30 years ... in these series could bring Kylo Ren's character back to life countless times ...

But I would suffer from the lack of resolutio for dynamic between Rey and Kylo. I hate NON-Resolved stories, especially if there is a romantic dynamic. My wish is that Rey and Ben lose their powers and leave together with the Millennium Falcon ... but finally together and in love.

Apart from my wishes ... I find the latest news you wrote SENSATIONAL!

Thank you!

NB: can we create a crossover thoughts section between ENDGAME / STAR WARS and LOKI?

To not spoil ENDGAME
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 1:53 pm

@giaciaK2
Thanks for that . Suddenly I don’t feel so crazy . I found the following below too which is a spoiler about Loki too am afraid - he’s got a tv series coming out too and could appear in any incarnation it says and he’s mastered time and space which means he can appear in any era . Maybe if he is skywalker and was in the netherworld ( am not saying he is now ) then we’ll
see mark , Hayden and Adam resume an incarnation and he’ll be looking for the love of his life - if reylo doesn’t get resolved . We could in effect be seeing more of Adam and Daisy but not in the way we thought . Just a crazy thought . Take with grain /pinch of salt my theories as always
Lol! Smile
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/marvel/277542/loki-tv-series-marvel-tom-hiddleston-disney
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 B6e30110
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 607e2910
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 2:15 pm

I have a quick OT question: do the female fans of Loki get as much hate & BS in the MCU fandom as the Kylo fans in ours?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 2:53 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:I have a quick OT question: do the female fans of Loki get as much hate & BS in the MCU fandom as the Kylo fans in ours?
@Night Huntress

I'm not too familiar with the MCU fandom, but before Infinity War I came across a comment that was like "I used to like Loki, but dumb tumblr fangirls ruined him for me, so I hope he dies in this film." It seemed pretty much like he just hated him because women loved him and he wanted him to die to make those "fake fans" leave the fandom Shocked Seems familiar... I have also seen some anti-Loki people who must have missed his redemption ark because they insist he is an irredeemable villain and that people only want him redeemed because he is good-looking (same BS we often get for loving Kylo). But I don't know if it's as extreme as in our fandom. I imagine Kylo fans get more BS because we have to deal with anti-Kylo and anti-Reylo.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 3:01 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:I have a quick OT question: do the female fans of Loki get as much hate & BS in the MCU fandom as the Kylo fans in ours?
@Night Huntress

Maybe not QUITE as vitriolic, but yes. Any time a male character has a very large and outspoken female fanbase, especially if there are qualities to the character that men deem "not conventionally attractive" or "not manly enough," a lot of male fans are going to be enormous jerks about that character and his fans.

Oh man, especially with the point about a character not being super conventionally attractive by Hollywood standards. That sticks in some more annoying dudes' craws so much because they have it in their heads that women are super shallow and the ONLY reason they, personally, don't have hoardes falling all over them is because they're not Hollywood handsome. It's why Adam Driver and Kylo bother so many guys; it shatters the excuses they've made in their minds and their view of what women want (AKA why so and so woman doesn't want them). So they fall hard on the "women are dumb and want abusive bad boys so they and their favored characters are dumb and should be discarded. Romance is dumb (because women like it a lot) unless it's for me, meaning it's a prize for my self-insert protagonist character."

The sad part is when you see a portion of a female fanbase fall in line with them. "I'm not like those ugh, OTHER girls. I know how to be a fan RIGHT."
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 3:11 pm

Thank you for explaining @Forsythia & @ZioRen

I suspected as much- I don't want to get too much off topic here so I get back to the TROS

I don't think they go too weird in episode IX - I know many fans hoping to see something similar to the world between worlds from Rebels.
I'm skeptical - I doubt they introduce this concept into the movies.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 3:33 pm

@Night Huntress
@giaciak2
I know women who love Loki and want him back but not so keen on kylo . I love both so to me it wouldn’t be an issue and we could see many incarnations of him including Adam driver . I also had a look at Loki’s history briefly and he does have a wife that he teaches and she was there for him in captivity- that’s the original Norse mythology but In the marvel universe he has Amora /the enchantress ( she has not appeared yet in the marvel films and she is a god like him. He hasn’t had a movie love interest yet unless they are going to make Gamora his love interest as her name sounds similar and one of her names is Ben incidentally enough ). They might hook up in the netherworld - if that’s what Star Wars is with the Emperor Palpatine being really Hades after all . Both Loki and Gamora are in the netherworld currently from infinity war. I haven’t watched endgame yet so don’t know if any of them make it out from
Death/the netherworld . Loki in the comics becomes a bit like Doctor who and can change sex too like the Doctor as master of time and space . He can shapeshift ( bit like a changeling in Star Wars if you think about it ) because he’s no longer restricted by time and space . Perhaps one of the reasons am
Seeing parallels is because I like these other franchises too ie Doctor who and marvel- However Star Wars is my number one love and I don’t want it overshadowed by anything else . I would like Star Wars to remain independent of MCU and it’s own franchise to be honest. I just hope that these are little nods at other franchises and nothing more otherwise it’s going to be weird seeing Mandalorian or any other Star Wars production knowing it really takes place in Hades . Sad
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 5:59 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@Night Huntress
@giaciak2
I know women who love Loki and want him back but not so keen on kylo
I have also come across a few Loki fans online who are anti-Kylo, which I thought was weird. Liking one villain, but giving other people BS for liking the wrong villain.

@ZioRen wrote:Maybe not QUITE as vitriolic, but yes. Any time a male character has a very large and outspoken female fanbase, especially if there are qualities to the character that men deem "not conventionally attractive" or "not manly enough," a lot of male fans are going to be enormous jerks about that character and his fans.

Oh man, especially with the point about a character not being super conventionally attractive by Hollywood standards. That sticks in some more annoying dudes' craws so much because they have it in their heads that women are super shallow and the ONLY reason they, personally, don't have hoardes falling all over them is because they're not Hollywood handsome. It's why Adam Driver and Kylo bother so many guys; it shatters the excuses they've made in their minds and their view of what women want (AKA why so and so woman doesn't want them). So they fall hard on the "women are dumb and want abusive bad boys so they and their favored characters are dumb and should be discarded. Romance is dumb (because women like it a lot) unless it's for me, meaning it's a prize for my self-insert protagonist character."

Yeah. Men (and some women too) can be so mean when women like unconventionally attractive men. I've read so many awful comments about Benedict Cumberbatch's looks by guys who didn't understand why women liked him, and men complained about Eddie Redmayne getting cast in important roles because they think he isn't "hero material", not masculine enough and too shy. And a lot of these "discussions" lead to "Why do women like this ugly guy, I'm average/better looking but I don't have women running after me." They don't understand that women who are not shallow and don't care for Hollywood handsome do care about character, and usually these kind of guys have a pretty ugly character, are super shallow and feel entitled to having the best looking women fall in love with them. They also think that "not caring for looks" means women must fall in love with every unattractive looking man and aren't allowed to love handsome men, because they completely miss the part where unshallow women care about other things than looks more, like character, but that it's still possible someone has both beautiful looks AND character.

Unfortunately, some women are just as shallow. One of my friends asked me why I like Kylo when he's "so ugly". She doesn't understand that I like him mostly because he is an interesting and complex character, that I don't pick favourite characters for their looks, and that to me Adam/Kylo is attractive. But I don't really understand why with these kind of characters people always assume we like them for their looks. No one has ever questioned that I like Darth Vader, Palpatine or Gollum. Is it just because these characters are considered cool or because no one would assume I find them handsome, so insecure men don't feel threatened by me liking these characters?
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by toolonelytosleep on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 6:32 pm

This might sound "misandrist" of me, but I think men don't understand why women can like unconventionally attractive men because men themselves don't like unconventionally attractive women. Women are either beautiful or invisible, there's no in-between in a man's world. You're either hot or not when you're a woman. But men have more of a spectrum of looks that can appeal to women, which means men with unconventional features can be attractive.

Women can be cruel too, of course. Sometimes I think it's a way to show how "better' they are in comparison to other women. On Tumblr, I see some women hating on Adam's looks because they hate Kylo as a character; insulting his looks and the female fans who find him attractive is a twisted way to show how more "intellectual" they are--or something along those lines....

Frankly, I'm surprised Adam is considered unconventional. Sure, he doesn't have the standard pretty boy face, but he's big, tall, broad-shouldered, and masculine. But he is one of those actors who can look vastly different depending on the role he's playing. He looks younger as Kylo.

As for Loki, I've seen more than enough hatred towards him too. It is hypocritical when a fan of one villain acts holier-than-thou towards other villain fans. Obviously not every villainous or dubious character is going to appeal to one person, but it's disheartening when you see someone gushing over Loki and then calling Kylo an irredeemable whiny fascist. Neutral

I predict that if Kylo is redeemed, the next popular villain will be compared to him too. Maybe some Kylo fans will be cruel to the fans of the future controversial villain-of-the-moment as well. Arrow The cycle will continue.
toolonelytosleep
toolonelytosleep
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 8:09 pm

From what I understand, some people don't like Adam's "narrow face" and his ears Evil or Very Mad I have to admit I didn't find him attractive at first either, and I think it's because he's shown from unfavourable angles and in unfavourable lights in TFA and his costume's collar emphasizes his narrow face (IMO he looks better in real life or in TLJ). But I only realized he was handsome when I started to become interested in the character and took a closer look, so IMO he is unconventionally handsome and for some people it takes a bit longer to notice his beauty.

About Loki, some of his fans think he is a victim who never did anything wrong, maybe some of the things he did early on were too subtle, and they see Thor and Odin as the villains and Loki's actions against them as justified (I was surprised that things like anti-Thor even existed). Maybe that's why they think it's ok to like Loki but not Kylo, because it's more difficult to find an excuse for Kylo killing Han, and Kylo's conflict was too subtle for some, so they think he is completely evil. I guess the way we interpret a character and how well we can relate to them figures into this, and as you said, not every villain appeals to one person. Especially when we like complex villains, everyone probably has different lines how far they can go to still be likable. But it is disappointing, when people who like villains act morally superior and are judgemental.

I hope people will think better of Kylo when he is redeemed. I'm sure there will always be antis (some people are still complaining about fans who like Snape), but some might come around or leave the fandom.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 27 Apr 2019, 8:27 pm

If the stuff about the oracle is true, TROS will be kinda weird, and I'm here for that. Some of the alien designs are pretty off the wall too. Most of the bolder decisions in TLJ were hidden until release.

I do know there's Loki hate, for many of the same reasons people hate Kylo and his fans. However, it's not quite so horrible because as a Marvel character, he's played a bit more for laughs. He's the trickster god after all. Whereas Kylo is played largely straight and seriously. So people interpret his action in a more serious, literal way, which isn't a good way to read a space opera.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 28 Apr 2019, 7:45 am

just looked up the German translation of the title and it's "Der Aufstieg Skywalkers" which (sounds really dump Laughing ) implies that it's the rise of ONE Skywalker otherwise it would be "Aufstieg der Skywalkers" or they just don't care if it's grammatically correct, who knows?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bruna8728 on Sun 28 Apr 2019, 11:37 am

@Night Huntress wrote:just looked up the German translation of the title and it's "Der Aufstieg Skywalkers" which (sounds really dump Laughing ) implies that it's the rise of ONE Skywalker otherwise it would be "Aufstieg der Skywalkers" or they just don't care if it's grammatically correct, who knows?
@Night Huntress

Yeah, i'm kind not looking to much on the title, maybe the other cowntries just translates the way they like? Here in Brazil the title for TLJ is in plural, but I think Rian said is meant to be singular, correct me if i'm wrong but for him is actualy singular cause the last jedi is Luke. The title for Tros here in Brazil is singular, the title is something like "The Skywalker ascension"

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 28 Apr 2019, 12:30 pm

@bruna8728

the title of TLJ is plural in the German translation as well "Die letzten Jedi" - so, yeah... we probably shouldn't read too much into it. Nope
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 1:56 am

Ok am going to make a few more crazy predictions as I was reading up on the Hades and Persephone myth yesterday and Loki and Sigyn .

Ok so I see this saga from what we know so far being about two things - love and being prepared to sacrifice your life for love being the path to redemption/good karma .

So it could play out this way and am sure it’s the way most of us want - Rey and Kylo fall in love , he is redeemed ( through sacrifice it looks like now so following in line with latest “ leaks “) and Rey brings him back beauty and the beast style and they all live happily ever after starting a new family and living the way the Jedi were meant to .

Or Disney /Lucasfilm is prepared to cause the biggest backlash in the history of film ( I know because I tested the waters on Reddit with one million fans on there ) and are preparing to cross this over with marvel by making this the story of how Loki and his queen /wife become rulers of hades and the underworld and Star Wars is marvel hades .

Hades in marvel is in another dimension of universe self contained with its own galaxy etc. Hades and Loki are the same god - one is Norse and the other Greek . But he wouldn’t be restricted to there because he is master of time and space and many incarnations and a shape shifter so he can come and go . Perhaps this is the story of how he becomes what he is and this was the plan all along since the beginning ( there are certainly a lot of subtle cross over references ) ? It would certainly explain the constant war , why no one is ever really gone, it would even explain the force . It would be a place where people live out lives and are reborn again and again following the wheel of life in karma and coming back until presumably they move on to the next dimension .

In Welsh Ren means raven or dark ruler and Rey is king in Spanish ( also Rey of light ). Together they would balance the galaxy . I do remember before TLJ there was a crack leak ( not that I believed it) but it’s coming back to me now because one of the things it said was how Rey and kylo’s Kiss literally creates life ? It sets the world right as in foliage and trees growing and damage being repaired - force users like gods . Well this kind of stuff would make sense if we are talking about ethereal kingdom and that’s why they have godlike status .

And this brings me back to Loki - we’ve already had the wizard of Oz effect in captain America where initially he thinks he is in his timeline only to find out he isn’t , maybe they mean to shock us with something like this . Loki sacrificed himself in infinity war for his people and his brother ( hence why he probably would be sent to hades /sheol./purgatory and not hell ) but it’s not enough and he needs to find the meaning of true selfless love ? In the comics he goes through 3 incarnations to seek redemption and he is changed by the end of it . There are things people who have seen endgame have told me about Loki and Thor’s arc that are unusual( I don’t want to give anything away ).

There is a third option but this would destroy Star Wars and me forever - Rey and kylo merge to become one being(dark crystal vibes ) and literal symbiosis ie Loki skywalker as due to his shapeshifting abilities he can change sex too and that combined as one he breaks out of hades ( Star Wars galaxy ) frees the souls like Jesus in the gospel and no more hades ( ie the path to hell or heaven is clear ) and he’s back .

You know it’s just occurred to me the use of the helmet or object to resurrect a god /demon is seen in Thor Ragnarok ( Surtur) too not just in Vader comics . Why are there so many cross overs ? This is strange .

I would hate this so much .

Anyway might be wrong and I hope so but now am kind of expecting the ending to be - R2 coming out of a Jedi temple telling the skywalker story to the whills shapeshifting into Ben solo with a cloak and hood and then smiling up at the camera to reveal he’s shapeshifted into Loki skywalker the god of stories , the god of fatherhood , the trickster, ( other attributes ).Lol!

To be honest this is one of the reasons am following the leaks so avidly because am trying to see if we get anything weird and crazy like this either plot wise or costume wise for kylo (so am prepared so that it doesn’t come as a shock). I really really don’t want this though .
Just give me nice happy reylo happily ever after ending for Star Wars . Please Lucasfilm.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 194bb610
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Efa85010
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 6:13 am

@AhsokaTano

Wow, thank you for the Loki/Skywalker reference... I learn something new everyday. Comparative mythology is forever a continuum and an unraveling thread, the human mind is truly one.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:Ok am going to make a few more crazy predictions as I was reading up on the Hades and Persephone myth yesterday and Loki and Sigyn .

Ok so I see this saga from what we know so far being about two things - love and being prepared to sacrifice  your life for love being the path to redemption/good karma .

So it could play out this way and am sure it’s the way most of us want - Rey and Kylo fall in love , he is redeemed ( through sacrifice it looks like now so following in line with latest “ leaks “) and Rey brings him back beauty and the beast style and they all live happily ever after starting a new family and living the way the Jedi were meant to .

Or Disney /Lucasfilm is prepared to cause the biggest backlash in the history of film ( I know because I tested the waters on Reddit with one million fans on there ) and are preparing to cross this over with marvel by making this the story of how Loki and his queen /wife become rulers of hades and the underworld and Star Wars is marvel hades .

Hades in marvel is in another dimension of universe self contained with its own galaxy etc. Hades and Loki are the same god - one is Norse and the other Greek . But he wouldn’t be restricted to there because he is master of time and space and many incarnations and a shape shifter so he can come and go . Perhaps this is the story of how he becomes what he is and this was the plan all along since the beginning ( there are certainly a lot of subtle cross over references ) ? It would certainly explain the constant war , why no one is ever really gone, it would even explain the force . It would be a place where people live out lives and are reborn again and again following the wheel of life in karma and coming back until presumably they move on to the next dimension .

In Welsh Ren means raven or dark ruler and Rey is king in Spanish ( also Rey of light ). Together they would balance the galaxy . I do remember before TLJ there was a crack leak ( not that I believed it) but it’s coming back to me now because one of the things it said was how Rey and kylo’s Kiss literally creates life ? It sets the world right as in foliage and trees growing and damage being repaired - force users like gods  . Well this kind of stuff would make sense if we are talking about ethereal kingdom and that’s why they have godlike status .

And this brings me back to Loki - we’ve already had the wizard of Oz effect in captain America where initially he thinks he is in his timeline only to find out he isn’t , maybe they mean to shock us with something like this . Loki sacrificed himself in  infinity war for his people and his brother ( hence why he probably would be sent to hades /sheol./purgatory and not hell ) but it’s not enough and he needs to find the meaning of true selfless love ?  In the comics  he goes through 3 incarnations to seek redemption and he is changed by the end of it . There are things people who have seen endgame have told me about Loki and Thor’s arc that are unusual( I don’t want to give anything away ).

There is a third option but this would destroy Star Wars  and me forever - Rey and kylo merge to become one being(dark crystal vibes ) and literal  symbiosis  ie Loki skywalker as due to his shapeshifting abilities he can change sex too and that combined as one he breaks out of hades ( Star Wars galaxy ) frees the souls like Jesus in the gospel and no more hades ( ie the path to hell or heaven is clear ) and he’s back .

You know it’s just occurred to me the use of the helmet or object to resurrect  a god /demon is seen in Thor Ragnarok ( Surtur) too not just in Vader comics . Why are there so many cross overs ? This is strange .

I would hate this so much .

Anyway might be wrong and I hope so but now am kind of expecting the ending to be - R2 coming out of a Jedi temple telling the skywalker story to the whills shapeshifting into Ben solo with a cloak and hood and then smiling up at the camera to reveal he’s shapeshifted  into Loki skywalker the god of stories , the god of fatherhood , the trickster,  ( other attributes ).Lol!

To be honest this is one of the reasons am following the leaks so avidly because am trying to see if we get anything weird and crazy  like this either plot wise or costume wise for kylo (so am prepared so that it doesn’t come as a shock). I really really don’t  want this though .
Just give me nice happy reylo happily ever after ending for Star Wars . Please Lucasfilm.

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 194bb610
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 5 Efa85010
@AhsokaTano

Loki is going to be on Disney + for a Marvel series, and that is it for now. Can I say never to you and assure you? No, but that could be 100 years from now all that this is happening, or in fact..never.  As of now, this is not the plan because of boring real world logistics - contracts, etc.  Yes, Disney owns both Marvel and LF, yet they are separate distinct divisions.

There are overlaps with symbolisms, actions because we're dealing with tropes, etc that are thousands of years old, yet that in no way is proof that there will be an overlap with franchises.  

There is no way to prepare yourself for a lot of stuff in this aspect because it is top secret, primarily that is the way of a corporation.  I say "prepare" if it's fun for you, yet if it's not...I recommend acknowledging that is out of your control, and if things do go off the rails, there are always other movies, books, fandoms, etc.  

Marvel, if anything, is preparing for the introduction of X-Men and Fantastic Four in the family, not Star Wars.

The only 'crossover' that is likely - Natalie Portman shows that she is willing to not only cameo in Endgame as Jane, but as Padme in TROS. (I hope so!) Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
“There are overlaps with symbolisms, actions because we're dealing with tropes, etc that are thousands of years old, “
Thanks for reminding me of this because I need to hear this and remember this and why am seeing same symbolism etc . And you’re right about contracts etc .
Am going to remain positive about Star Wars whatever they throw our way Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 9:32 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
“There are overlaps with symbolisms, actions because we're dealing with tropes, etc that are thousands of years old, “
Thanks for reminding me of this because I need to hear this and remember this and why am seeing same symbolism etc . And you’re right about contracts etc .
Am going to remain positive about Star Wars whatever they throw our way Smile
@AhsokaTano

Smile I love you
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 11:58 pm

I'm 99.9% sure we'll get to see Bendemption.

Very confident that Palps will be the big bad as Hux is not strong enough, Kylo too obvious but will be intertwined with Palps in some way ... remains to be seen how crazy.

My personal wish that Kylo and the Resistance will become the uneasy allies because why not giving us so much angst, tension, and delicious scenes.

Poe character arc will be his best in the movies and explain his past, fears. I really like Oscar, deserves some good material.

This is given but Finn and Rose are a couple, Kylo/Ben/Rey are the main romance/love triangle. I dislike love triangles but I'll make an exception.

It's all I got.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 May 2019, 2:32 pm

So here's 100% speculation which occurred to me the other day, they've made a point of having some kind of love token mentioned in the previous two trilogies. The Japor snippet for the PT and the Jason Fry novel segment about Han's service when Leia has her internal monologue about who he was and their relationship, that she's holding a crude wooden figure he'd carved for her on Endor the night before the battle. Not that Jason Fry writing that detail means anything. But if they wanna go full on it's like pottery, there'll be a "keep it, it suits you" moment where gives some kind of nerdy token of love for Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 02 May 2019, 4:44 pm

@snufkin
Sign me up for nerdy love tokens. I love the idea!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 02 May 2019, 4:47 pm

@snufkin wrote:So here's 100% speculation which occurred to me the other day, they've made a point of having some kind of love token mentioned in the previous two trilogies. The Japor snippet for the PT and the Jason Fry novel segment about Han's service when Leia has her internal monologue about who he was and their relationship, that she's holding a crude wooden figure he'd carved for her on Endor the night before the battle. Not that Jason Fry writing that detail means anything. But if they wanna go full on it's like pottery, there'll be a "keep it, it suits you" moment where gives some kind of nerdy token of love for Rey.
@snufkin

Love it!
I’d like Kylo/Ben to say Rey should keep the legacy saber!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 May 2019, 6:16 pm

@12 Parsnips You know that little Ben made a calligraphy and macaroni project for Leia's Mother's Day present. Rey's not fussy though, he could just take her out for a decent meal and after her life on Jakku, that'd be 100% love language for her.

The detail in the Fry novel is interesting because it's a throwaway detail meant to show that Leia understood who Han was. That he was sentimental while also being too cool to openly show that side of himself. But they also used the snippet as a throughline in the PT the same way they're using the Golden Dice in Solo and the ST, so that's why it piqued my curiosity. They seem to be setting up the Dice for something, though I suspect it's more Ben's reconciliation of who he is, as "too much of his father's heart" in him. But giving Rey a nerdy love token, there's a family precedent with his grandparents and parents.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 02 May 2019, 7:59 pm

@snufkin wrote:@12 Parsnips You know that little Ben made a calligraphy and macaroni project for Leia's Mother's Day present. Rey's not fussy though, he could just take her out for a decent meal and after her life on Jakku, that'd be 100% love language for her.

The detail in the Fry novel is interesting because it's a throwaway detail meant to show that Leia understood who Han was. That he was sentimental while also being too cool to openly show that side of himself. But they also used the snippet as a throughline in the PT the same way they're using the Golden Dice in Solo and the ST, so that's why it piqued my curiosity. They seem to be setting up the Dice for something, though I suspect it's more Ben's reconciliation of who he is, as "too much of his father's heart" in him. But giving Rey a nerdy love token, there's a family precedent with his grandparents and parents.

@snufkin
Of course sweet boy Ben made a calligraphy and macaroni gift for Galactic Mother's Day! But my question is, why wasn't it hanging on the wall of her apartment on Hosnian Prime in Bloodline? I still haven't forgiven Del Rey/Lucasfilm/the Story Group for not allowing those kind of Ben details in the book. Razz

Yes, I think you are right that the dice are more about Ben's connections with the himself/his family than anything that could be used as a romantic symbol. @Dee Bee suggested the legacy saber, but how about a pool of ideas from the first two movies that we could choose from that would be worthy of the Solo-Skywalker-family nerd token tradition? The glove he took off for the smut hut? (Too Little Women?) Maybe a swatch of the gold lamé robe from dead Snoke or a piece of red praetorian guard armor? A voluminous cowl? Twisted Evil
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum