Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by californiagirl on Mon 15 Apr - 13:04

@madeinmn Yeah, the only ending that made her cry was Colin's. Immediate tears. What on earth did he have in mind for her?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1765
Likes : 8975
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by justyou on Mon 15 Apr - 13:10

I mean... points for creativity.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 67
Likes : 325
Date d'inscription : 2018-12-05

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Forsythia on Mon 15 Apr - 13:11

@MrsWindu wrote:
@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:about the kiss
someone on tumblr said : This seems to be a person with a tan bag. If you look closely at the lower right, that’s a foot. So yeah…maybe this wasn’t a kiss, then again maybe it was and that person with the bag also witnesses the kiss? Then again I think that Rey and Ben’s first kiss will pretty much be done in private. (gwendy85)
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_ppz0dqAqrT1qj5ljh_540
ok maybe there won't be a kiss in that scene but  we perceived between the two sexual tension, there is no way that those two do not kiss Smile
@Teo oswald

I know a lot of people expect a kiss for this scene, but I tend more towards comedy and think they will be watching C-3PO with fried circuits and Chewie's bow being out of character.
@LadyGaufrette

With the levels adjusted it does indeed look like someone standing on the right of them two wearing a black glove ? And maybe even someone clad in leather to their left ?

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 29c44310

Here's a closer look at the glove:
Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Glove010

All I can say is that it's not Kylo's, because there are seams on the index finger here which his gloves don't have (unless he gets a new costume). It could be Poe, Rose or Zorii since they are all wearing dark gloves.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 462
Likes : 2535
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-11

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Armadeus on Mon 15 Apr - 13:22

@madeinmn wrote:If I were Daisy, and someone told me this was going to be my character’s end game, i’d cry....and not tears of joy (thinking of that CT/Daisy rumor). I agree that this is the worst ending imaginable for Rey. And even IF JJ had this outlined as the ending he wanted, I am 1000% sure the LF SG would be “yeah..no JJ...this is Star Wars, not Lost...” This is sooooo not the story, no way.
@madeinmn

Having seen Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, I wouldn't be surprised if the time travel ending was Trevorrow's idea Razz

It carries traits that I'm beginning to associate with Trevorrow, actually: it's dumb (really, really dumb), but you get the idea that whoever came up with it thought that it was some profound sith.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1436
Likes : 4494
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by madeinmn on Mon 15 Apr - 13:28

I watch the JW movies with my 10 year old because he loves them. Me, I watch with my eyes rolling because of the dumb story lines and awful dialogue.

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 19
Likes : 128
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-09

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by snufkin on Tue 16 Apr - 3:55

Okay one I'm making based on the trailer, it's not a coincidence that the final shot is of the remnants of the 2nd Death Star and Lando is a character in the film. Lando's the person who took it down. Just like how it's not a coincidence that he's wearing the same outfit he's shown wearing as a young man in Solo. I'd guess whatever the plot has to do with the remnants, it'll bring Lando into the mix when actually his connection has to do with his friendship with Han and Leia and being Ben's godfather.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38112
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 16 Apr - 6:50

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_pq0tkeSdLr1x20wxqo4_400   Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_pq0tkeSdLr1x20wxqo2_400

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_pq0tkeSdLr1x20wxqo1_r1_400   Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Tumblr_pq0tkeSdLr1x20wxqo6_r1_400

(gwendy86-reysexualkylo)


I like to think of an ending like this, where she waits for him , she thinks back to her parents that they abandoned her on Jakku and then she sees him .  She thinks back to Ben's words "I'll come back sweetheart  I promise you " she cries but those are tears of joy Razz
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 855
Likes : 3654
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by rey09 on Thu 18 Apr - 9:38

Has anyone seen the show netflix show chilling adventures of sabrina? (ala Sabrina the teenage witch). The season finale made me realize something. In the show Sabrina started going out with this boy at her magic- very good looking charismatic, smart, and super nice fella. I like him cause he's the mysterious guy type I like lol (and I totally think the actor could play a teenage kylo ren!) but something in the back of my head thought he had something else up his sleeve. But he really did seem to genuinely care for her. Anyway in the season finale turns out he did backstab her in but albeit very very minor way but nonetheless did, she hated him, spit in his face, I was like welp there goes down that ship. However he still maintained he loved her and at the end very end made a major sacrifice to save everyone, all because he loved her. And now Sabrina is devastated, and will do anything to get him back. He's been totally redeemed in her eyes, no question.

Brings me back to Kylo, the guy needs to make BIG moves (minus sacrifice my death) to really show Rey and co. he has really changed. I know he's going to be redeemed but I hope he really does something major. And so this whole toxic male stuff and redemption debate will blow up in flames.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1686
Likes : 7720
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by nickandnora on Thu 18 Apr - 10:11

I don't think the ending that Trevorrow had in mind for Rey and the ending that J.J. put on paper are much different, if at all.

I don't think CT would have had control over such an important thing as the endgame position of the main character.

In any case, I speculate the tears were of the happy, emotional type (as in, "Oh wow, what happens to my character is so touching").

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 513
Likes : 2605
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by californiagirl on Thu 18 Apr - 12:22

I've seen it suggested that the ocean with the crashed DS might be the site of a major action setpiece, which would stand in contrast to where SW began in the desert and on the first DS when it was functioning. Somone already pointed out the TPM underwater parallels.

I also thought an underwater conflict, if that's the way they go, would give credence to the supposed zero-gravity fight. I recall people mentioned the wirework, but the idea it's zero gravity sounds like it might be an assumption. But if they're underwater, or Rey is doing force flips like we saw, that would also explain the wirework.

I've also heard it suggested that all the forest, rainforest, and grasslands shots are on Endor. I see no ewoks though! Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1765
Likes : 8975
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by fuhry on Thu 18 Apr - 13:50

I have to say, I'm a Reylo BUT I do concede the possibility that it's very 'Star Wars' indeed to introduce a romantic-like connection and then retcon it into a familial connection.

That said, I really don't think they would go time loop on us. So I don't think Rey is Shmi.

However, I could see that Rey could be a clone of Shmi, kept by Palpatine in stasis, carbonite, or whatever, and thawed out on Jakku. That would make her genetically identical to Ben's great grandmother. Which would make her more akin to his second cousin.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 302
Likes : 1053
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-06

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 18 Apr - 13:53

@fuhry

and what exactly would that contribute to the story? scratch
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1887
Likes : 9138
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 37
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by fuhry on Thu 18 Apr - 15:21

@Night Huntress wrote:@fuhry

and what exactly would that contribute to the story? scratch
@Night Huntress

Beats me, I hope they don't do it that way. But if they really wanted to make Rey a Skywalker, I could see them doing that.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 302
Likes : 1053
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-06

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Apr - 1:17

One of the biggest spoilers IMO has to be JJ outright mentioning that they filmed in Wadi Rumm, same location as Lawrence of Arabia. That movie and Doctor Zhivago were huge influences on AotC and more to the point include:

- Ragtag group of tribes/groups allying together against a larger oppressive empire
- Charismatic protagonist who comes from nothing, who has no name, and whose story has yet to be written because they themselves will write it. Also wears a lot of blindingly white drapey outfits while hanging out in the desert.
- Antagonistic relationship with a man the protagonist initially considers to be outside the realm of decent human society for being a murderer. However antagonist is immediately taken with/likes the protagonist from their first encounter (which includes removing a mask) and gradually wins over their trust and becomes most trusted ally/confidante. This character dresses all in black and is known for being ruthless against his opponents.

I think what this means is the Resistance is trying to organize the different systems/groups in the galaxy against the First Order, a la Padme teaming up with others to save her planet from the Trade Federation. Hopefully, with less taxation talk this time and Poe as the public face but obviously not the brains of the operation. Which add me to the list of people here hoping that they let Oscar Isaac finally fly his freak flag. Otherwise:

- Damn the above gif comparison. As if there were already other reasons to suspect Jakku returns as a location, turn on the waterworks if that's literally what Maz was telling her.
-Rey and Ben will have an antagonist reunion where they're forced to work together and become allies/confidants while he grows beyond the brutal man he was when she first met him. Treating their relationship as allies who have to work together where he respects/defers to her leadership also avoids getting stuck in cliched or badly written romance trap.
- Lando, the remains of the 2nd Death Star, & Emperor's laugh appearing in the trailer are all connected. Lando took out the Death Star where the Emperor met his doom at Vader's hands. Wildest of speculation - everybody's favorite word, the MacGuffin has to do with whatever Rey & company are seeking in the final shot (I've seen theories that she's holding a breathing apparatus to go in there & scavenge) which happens in tandem with Kylo realizing that being Supreme Leader* still means having a boss and that there's some bad sh*t in the strategic plan he's not on board with. Bonus wild speculation that the "Everybody is seeking the MacGuffin when Rey figures out what's actually going on" has to do with her figuring out said bad s*** is actually what they need to deal with.
- He's also going to have an "I can save the day, you can save the world" moment of sacrifice to show his path back towards the light. Bonus points if we get an "I feel terrible" line out of him afterwards.
- Whatever's going on with the Emperor has to force our favorite pair of Space Nerds to talk to each other again. Right now my money is on Hux inadvertantly unleashing whatever the f**k the full version of the Contingency Plan where he gets in over his head.
- Despite all the "maybe it's ______ clone" theories, best way to think of the scenario is that the Emperor is an angry spirit/ghost attached to multiple generations of a family. Maybe that's to do with Rey stealing the Sacred Jedi Texts - if it's a fairy tale she's going to need to figure out some spells to break the curse and send the ghost away for once and for all.

* JJ and Rian you sneaky bastards pulling that move, "Welp he's Supreme Leader except sucks to be him 'cause turns out that's just a public title and he's got an even more scary/dangerous boss standing over him."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38112
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 19 Apr - 5:24

Ok deep breath - am gonna be unpopular here but am throwing this out there again as I do believe this stuff is important ( ok some of this is influenced by film studies at Uni and certain symbolism that was rammed into my brain at the time and also my current read beauty and the beast book “Cruel Beauty” by Rosamunde Hodge where everything is like in a dream state and it delves into something similar and the Beyond Weird quantum physics book am reading too by Philip Ball).
I believe Palpatine and Plagueis like two evil wizards in a fairy tale did put the galaxy to sleep for 10,000 years whilst they ruled . Tarkin novel is trying to tell us this ( plagueis is dead so this leaves Palpatine) but part of the pact which sealed the deal (like sleeping beauty )led to a skywalker pricking their finger . This skywalker was Ben . I believe it happened sometime on his trip with Luke to the outer rim , maybe exposure to black spire rock which changes you forever as a source of dark energy or direct encounter with Palpatine or dark side artefact etc which then changes the timeline and takes the “ tale as old as time “ concept of Beauty and Beast but renders it with a sci fi twist .

Anyway am going to be controversial here for saying this I believe this saga is really about Rey and Kylo and their love across the universe beyond time , space and they are stuck in a type of chaos . Anakin is part of that story and essential but this is its core and everything has been leading up to this moment in time .That Anakin is important because he is tied to Ben and Rey as their son . Wacky I know but this is speculation after all eh?

Ben is the last skywalker and Rey is the first ( equal and opposite ) but it’s not incest for reasons am going to go into because we have to think outside the mystery box and the illusion they are living in.

Destiny was always that Ben and Rey were always meant to be , all paths were always leading to this as kanan tells us in Rebels (all paths are coming together). Moreover yoda tells us at the end of clone wars there is a path unknown to the Sith which will lead to victory for all time . The enchantment is wearing off like in beauty and the beast, sleeping beauty and when they all awaken from it things will be different , some people’s lives and roles would have changed like in wizard of oz when Dorothy awakens.

The force ghost phenomena started when they entered this time loop and that’s why no one is ever really gone and they come back . All moments have been leading to this because Rey and Kylo are Anakin’s parents . This is what is meant to happen but it keeps going wrong and the loop repeats over and over .
We have imagery of zygotes being blown up again and again in the saga( Death Stars ) and symbols of castrated penises (lightsabers - sorry about this but we did this in film where swords and guns in film are really an extension of manhood and virility and you never see it same way again lol!)until the sequel trilogy where Rey and Kylo meet in a fertile forest , he has a fully equipped lightsaber (lol!)and then in TLJ you have the womb, the battering ram canon , the blood on Crait imagery which is blatant and yeah something is definitely going down with Kylo and Rey but it’s always meant to be .

It’s what was destined for them before “ the enchantment /time loop “- whatever you want to call it . The reason you get so many issues with fathers in Star Wars stems from the fact Anakin didn’t have his ( ie Ben ( due to the illusion they are living in ) but it’s coming to an end and it will happen . They will break the cycle , everyone will awaken , the enchantment/time loop will be lifted and they will be together. They have a force bond and again that’s what will tie them together and ensure once lifted they are together .
I don’t know how it will change fate for everyone else ( maybe a major reason things haven’t worked for some of the others is because of the time loop/curse/enchantment)or whether they will cease to exist ?

The story is ultimately about Kylo and Rey getting together and starting the skywalker line ie Anakin ( it’s only incest if you think of it as it currently stands timeline wise but if it’s an illusion caused by evil wizard magic then it’s different).

This is wacky I know and I am still trying to figure it out . It’s probably more simple if you take away that Rey is shimi and whole going back in time scenario but if those “ leaks “ about time loop
have any truth and Master and Apprentice are anything to go by - it all seems to be leading us up to this with the Jedi being punished because of the sin done to the nameless ( shimi ) and all the egg prophecies about the egg cracking open and threatening the galaxy- it’s the Death Star but the Death Star is a zygote symbol for a fertilised egg, it’s the egg that the geonosian drew on the floor in Rebels that reminded us of the Death Star . It repeats itself over and over . Time to awaken and end it .

This is what’s amazing about Star Wars because it’s so profound and works on a mythic and psychological level so most general audience wont see the above , they’ll feel it but won’t know why . They might not go with the time loop theory at all because there are other interpretations that are equally as valid ( that’s the beauty of Star Wars as so many interpretations due to how deep it is on the mythic side because the other one I have that ties into this is the trinity one where father begets the son Luke who is like a Jesus figure and then Holy Spirit the grandson who is light and dark
and feeds back into the father-).

One thing is for sure - “ I’ll Come back to you sweetheart “ takes on new epic meaning if you think it’s actually Ben’s phrase to Rey in the time loop and it gets echoed down like a ripple through time because they are the couple that are going to make it work and start a family of their own and get parenting right , break the curse and start the Jedi ( because the sin of the Jedi as told us in master and apprentice would have been atoned for ).
I realise this is a bit wishy washy as an essay and am not explaining it that well but that’s the gist of it and in order for this to work and reset - the OT characters have to die - basically those involved in blowing up the Death Stars because they are preventing the zygote becoming a child if you think about it on a symbolic level . So as I have said I think Ben and Rey have been the sacrifice all along but in order to break the chain it has to be original trilogy and hearing a character named Jannah ( paradise and what it entails - paradise is at the foot of the mother in Islamic Hadith ) this is what I predict - that Ben will sacrifice himself , his mother Leia in a pieta like pose will bring him back and either resurrect him or heal him and he will either go and get Rey if they are going for time loop theory or he will change events before it gets to that stage and Palpatine will go down .

And they will get their happily ever after . I don’t know how much they will have to change due to the passing of Carrie Fisher . But that’s probably why this was meant to be her film .

Anyway it’s a way of fitting into the fairy tale idea of enchantment, illusion and awakening from it but with a sci fi twist . Smile




AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1160
Likes : 3939
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 19 Apr - 5:25

@snufkin wrote: I've seen theories that she's holding a breathing apparatus to go in there & scavenge
@snufkin

How poetic it would be if to protect the Galaxy, Rey had to do what she had been doing unwillingly for years. Everyone use the the word 'scavenger'' as an insult, but it is this very scavenger who is going to save them.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 389
Likes : 1161
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 19 Apr - 5:41

I have my own theory where they possibly could be going in IX, but I'm hesitant to share it because it would spoil another fantasy story I recently read and reminded me so much of the general theme in the Sequel Trilogy that I suspect they had the same mythological source they were pulling from.

I don't think it will be overly complicated to be honest- it's still a movie for children and while I agree that they can have different layers with meanings hidden within the story where you have to dig deeper to see it- it still shouldn't require the audience to have background knowledge about wider canon or mythological story telling to understand.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1887
Likes : 9138
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 37
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 19 Apr - 6:08

@AhsokaTano wrote:Ok deep breath - am gonna be unpopular here but am throwing this out there again as I do believe this stuff is important ( ok some of this is influenced by film studies at Uni and certain symbolism that was rammed into my brain at the time and also my current read beauty and the beast book “Cruel Beauty” by Rosamunde Hodge where everything is like in a dream state and it delves into something similar and the Beyond Weird quantum physics book am reading too by Philip Ball).
I believe Palpatine and Plagueis like two evil wizards in a fairy tale did put the galaxy to sleep for 10,000 years whilst they ruled . Tarkin novel is trying to tell us this ( plagueis is dead so this leaves Palpatine) but part of the pact which sealed the deal (like sleeping beauty )led to a skywalker pricking their finger . This skywalker was Ben . I believe it happened sometime on his trip with Luke to the outer rim , maybe exposure to black spire rock which changes you forever as a source of dark energy or direct encounter with Palpatine or dark side artefact etc which then changes the timeline and takes the “ tale as old as time “ concept of Beauty and Beast but renders it with a sci fi twist .

Anyway am going to be controversial here for saying this I believe this saga is really about Rey and Kylo and their love across the universe beyond time , space and they are stuck in a type of chaos . Anakin is part of that story and essential but this is its core and everything has been leading up to this moment in time .That Anakin is important because he is tied to Ben and Rey as their son . Wacky I know but this is speculation after all eh?

Ben is the last skywalker and Rey is the first ( equal and opposite ) but it’s not incest for reasons am going to go into because we have to think outside the mystery box and the illusion they are living in.

Destiny was always that Ben and Rey were always meant to be , all paths were always leading to this as kanan tells us in Rebels (all paths are coming together). Moreover yoda tells us at the end of clone wars there is a path unknown to the Sith which will lead to victory for all time . The enchantment is wearing off like in beauty and the beast, sleeping beauty and when they all awaken from it things will be different , some people’s lives and roles would have changed like in wizard of oz when Dorothy awakens.

The force ghost phenomena started when they entered this time loop and that’s why no one is ever really gone and they come back . All moments have been leading to this because Rey and Kylo are Anakin’s parents . This is what is meant to happen but it keeps going wrong and the loop repeats over and over .
We have imagery of zygotes being blown up again and again in the saga( Death Stars ) and symbols of castrated penises (lightsabers - sorry about this but we did this in film where swords and guns in film are really an extension of manhood and virility and you never see it same way again lol!)until the sequel trilogy where Rey and Kylo meet in a fertile forest , he has a fully equipped lightsaber (lol!)and then in TLJ you have the womb, the battering ram canon , the blood on Crait imagery which is blatant and yeah something is definitely going down with Kylo and Rey but it’s always meant to be .

It’s what was destined for them before “ the enchantment /time loop “- whatever you want to call it . The reason you get so many issues with fathers in Star Wars stems from the fact Anakin didn’t have his ( ie Ben ( due to the illusion they are living in ) but it’s coming to an end and it will happen . They will break the cycle , everyone will awaken , the enchantment/time loop will be lifted and they will be together. They have a force bond and again that’s what will tie them together and ensure once lifted they are together .
I don’t know how it will change fate for everyone else ( maybe a major reason things haven’t worked for some of the others is because of the time loop/curse/enchantment)or whether they will cease to exist ?

The story is ultimately about Kylo and Rey getting together and starting the skywalker line ie Anakin ( it’s only incest if you think of it as it currently stands timeline wise but if it’s an illusion caused by evil wizard magic then it’s different).

This is wacky I know and I am still trying to figure it out . It’s probably more simple if you take away that Rey is shimi and whole going back in time scenario but if those “ leaks “ about time loop
have any truth and Master and Apprentice are anything to go by - it all seems to be leading us up to this with the Jedi being punished because of the sin done to the nameless ( shimi ) and all the egg prophecies about the egg cracking open and threatening the galaxy- it’s the Death Star but the Death Star is a zygote symbol for a fertilised egg, it’s the egg that the geonosian drew on the floor in Rebels that reminded us of the Death Star . It repeats itself over and over . Time to awaken and end it .

This is what’s amazing about Star Wars because it’s so profound and works on a mythic and psychological level so most general audience wont see the above , they’ll feel it but won’t know why . They might not go with the time loop theory at all because there are other interpretations that are equally as valid ( that’s the beauty of Star Wars as so many interpretations due to how deep it is on the mythic side because the other one I have that ties into this is the trinity one where father begets the son Luke who is like a Jesus figure and then Holy Spirit the grandson who is light and dark
and feeds back into the father-).

One thing is for sure - “ I’ll Come back to you sweetheart “ takes on new epic meaning if you think it’s actually Ben’s phrase to Rey in the time loop and it gets echoed down like a ripple through time because they are the couple that are going to make it work and start a family of their own and get parenting right , break the curse and start the Jedi ( because the sin of the Jedi as told us in master and apprentice would have been atoned for ).
I realise this is a bit wishy washy as an essay and am not explaining it that well but that’s the gist of it and in order for this to work and reset - the OT characters have to die - basically those involved in blowing up the Death Stars because they are preventing the zygote becoming a child if you think about it on a symbolic level . So as I have said I think Ben and Rey have been the sacrifice all along but in order to break the chain it has to be original trilogy and hearing a character named Jannah ( paradise and what it entails - paradise is at the foot of the mother in Islamic Hadith ) this is what I predict - that Ben will sacrifice himself , his mother Leia in a pieta like pose will bring him back and either resurrect him or heal him and he will either go and get Rey if they are going for time loop theory or he will change events before it gets to that stage and Palpatine will go down .

And they will get their happily ever after . I don’t know how much they will have to change due to the passing of Carrie Fisher . But that’s probably why this was meant to be her film .

Anyway it’s a way of fitting into the fairy tale idea of enchantment, illusion and awakening from it but with a sci fi twist . Smile




@"Ahsoka Tano"

I read your theory and it seems possible, but if Ben sacrificed himself by dying, Rey would be alone again. The variation of everyone's fate is that the father returns to save the mother. So Ben has to come back for Rey and raise their child. Only in this way will Anakin not lose the way. Furthermore, his father and mother know both sides of the Force and can train him against all bad guys that will come.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 592
Likes : 1500
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 19 Apr - 6:55

@giaciak2
Totally I agree with you and believe Ben will live and be with Rey 100% and believe it even more now after the above - they are meant to be and correct the cycle but there will be a third party involved who will probably have to take Ben’s place for the cycle to break. I think it was originally Leia who was either meant to sacrifice herself in his place by giving up her life force for his but now that Carrie has passed I don’t know if they can do this with the scenes they have left so they may go down route of maybe Leia passing in her sleep , Rey bringing Ben back ? Or someone else if she is fighting ie Finn joining the fight with Palpatine and Lando ( and maybe Lando dying in the process as again he’s original trilogy and the timeline has to reset ?). Just speculating here. Am more convinced then ever though we are getting reylo and happy ending . Have lots of positive vibes and in the words of Han in the Solo film, I have a good feeling about this film. Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1160
Likes : 3939
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-13
Localisation : London UK

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Apr - 13:52

It just occurred to me that Kylo Ren showing up to ally to the Resistance is 100% him as Rey's sh**ty boyfriend who her friends can't stand. And we're probably going to get Finn and Poe yelling at him like this scene (just not so NSFW as this one is) while Rey is completely mortified

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38112
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by special_cases on Fri 19 Apr - 15:28

@Night Huntress wrote:I have my own theory where they possibly could be going in IX, but I'm hesitant to share it because it would spoil another fantasy story I recently read and reminded me so much of the general theme in the Sequel Trilogy that I suspect they had the same mythological source they were pulling from.

I don't think it will be overly complicated to be honest- it's still a movie for children and while I agree that they can have different layers with meanings hidden within the story where you have to dig deeper to see it- it still shouldn't require the audience to have background knowledge about wider canon or mythological story telling to understand.
@Night Huntress

Black Moon Rising?
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 994
Likes : 4140
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 19 Apr - 16:00

@special_cases wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:I have my own theory where they possibly could be going in IX, but I'm hesitant to share it because it would spoil another fantasy story I recently read and reminded me so much of the general theme in the Sequel Trilogy that I suspect they had the same mythological source they were pulling from.

I don't think it will be overly complicated to be honest- it's still a movie for children and while I agree that they can have different layers with meanings hidden within the story where you have to dig deeper to see it- it still shouldn't require the audience to have background knowledge about wider canon or mythological story telling to understand.
@Night Huntress

Black Moon Rising?
@special_cases

I meant Mistborn- but to explain where and why I see the possible parallels would spoil the endig of the last book (it's a trilogy) and that would be a shame because it's one of the best fantasy stories imo.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1887
Likes : 9138
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 37
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by special_cases on Fri 19 Apr - 17:17

@Night Huntress wrote:
@special_cases wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:I have my own theory where they possibly could be going in IX, but I'm hesitant to share it because it would spoil another fantasy story I recently read and reminded me so much of the general theme in the Sequel Trilogy that I suspect they had the same mythological source they were pulling from.

I don't think it will be overly complicated to be honest- it's still a movie for children and while I agree that they can have different layers with meanings hidden within the story where you have to dig deeper to see it- it still shouldn't require the audience to have background knowledge about wider canon or mythological story telling to understand.
@Night Huntress

Black Moon Rising?
@special_cases

I meant Mistborn- but to explain where and why I see the possible parallels would spoil the endig of the last book (it's a trilogy) and that would be a shame because it's one of the best fantasy stories imo.
@Night Huntress

Thank you! I will read it Wink
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 994
Likes : 4140
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by snufkin on Sat 20 Apr - 1:58

After the Lawrence of Arabia brainstorm, I had another realization about movies the production teams have mentioned. Remember way back in 2016 when people started discussing the Soviet classic Letter Never Sent as an influence for the Force/Ache-to plot? @nonesuch wrote an essay about it which Rian gave the thumbs up to. And I remember chatting on here w/@Skystar about what LNS might mean for the story.

TLJ has come and gone but I was just discussing something else with another fan when the topic of the original working title came up, Black Diamond and suddenly I remembered LNS -- a movie about how "love is rarer than diamonds." The main trio are geologists on the hunt for diamonds accompanied by a dangerous, slightly antagonistic ex-soldier who has an unsettling attraction/connection to the young woman in the group. The one red hued forest battle shot from the trailer - the final act of LNS is about the group trying to outrun and survive a forest fire while contending with their loyalties and feelings for each other. So uh, I think that LNS probably has a deeper influence on the overall ST than just for one movie/plotline.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38112
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for The Rise of Skywalker

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 20 Apr - 9:05

@snufkin

I remember a partial quote from Rian saying they were watching LNS in the early stages for 'esoteric' reasons. Know I'm thinking if The Raiders of the Lost Ark vibes has been bought into TROS, did Rain and JJ shift it around
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1003
Likes : 5748
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum