Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kyla Ren on Fri 31 May 2019, 3:00 am

@Night Huntress wrote:really strange- he scored the "bridal carry scene" in TFA romantically but than he thought Rey & Ben might be related? Or that Ben wanted to hurt her somehow in TLJ when they peacefully sit in front of each other to touch fingers? scratch
@Night Huntress

I remember reading a long time ago that he thought Rey was Luke's daughter and it kind of puzzled me.  I was like, ?????  I would think they would tell the composer the major plot points, but I guess not?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:12 am

“I wanted for us to stay with the point of view of the young woman. I wished for us to believe in this romance." wrote:

—Rian Johnson, discussing the hut scene between Kylo Ren and Rey

Romance , Romance Romance !!! Razz Razz

“And then, In this final beat between the two of them, I felt it was really important to put a little cap on this, going onto IX and kind of setting. “I want to see what happens between the two of them.” And they’re enemies now, but complicated enemie wrote:
- Rian Johnson

complicated enemies indeed Cool

Last edited by Teo oswald on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:22 am

@Oscarborough-fairo
@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:This is so strange to me...Why did John wanted to make Kylo look and feel like a threat in that scene??? Didn't the story-group, the whole Lucasfilm discuss each other that the relationship between Rey and Ben is romantic??
As far as I know, the composers aren’t aware of everything ahead of their first screening of the film’s early cut. It seems that’s the case here - John Williams saw TFA and scored it accordingly, but had no idea of what would happen in TLJ or TRoS, especially that the screenwriters had a lot of creative freedom and were only required to include specific plot points/outcomes and themes. So it’s only natural that he composed the music as if Kylo was a threat - after all, he’s the main antagonist and until recently a significant part of the audience considered him the big villain too. Also, some people view Kylo’s action in TLJ as carefully schemed manipulation to lure Rey to the Supremacy as opposed to spontaneously developed genuine connection and that could’ve been Williams’s initial interpretation.
@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:It reminded me a bit of Daisy's odd reaction on the TLJ script. I thought she knew about the romance from the start, but she was shocked by it. Not to mention her other interviews in which she told that JJ wrote a completely different story for ep8...I don't like her attitude at all tbh
If I remember it right, Daisy Ridley wasn’t shocked by the romance per se (and I have no idea if she knew the endgame from the start to be honest) but by the script overall and she wondered how the audience would view Rey’s actions as they seemed controversial. And she was right - people have been talking about Rey disagreeing with Luke and fighting with him with a stick as well as her naive attempt to turn Kylo back to the light by going to the Supremacy since TLJ came out over a year ago.
@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:So John W.'s reaction feels odd to me...like this was one of the most romantic scene ever and he wanted to make the vunerable, emotional Ben Solo look like an evil rapist who wanted to hurt the "holy" "flawless" Rey...jfc
Also he said something like he didn't like the idea of Rey being "nobody"...just weird to see these differences within the Lucasfilm members Sad

I agree with @Riri, John Williams seems protective of Rey as if she was real and his own daughter and I think this stems from his fondness towards Daisy Ridley - whenever he spoke of her, he was very sweet and also made her play some instrument when he learnt she knew the basics etc. Everybody’s point of view depends on where they’re in life - I’m a young woman so I relate to both Rey and Kylo differently than an elderly man.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Fri 31 May 2019, 7:49 am

He admitted he never watched a sw movie so imagine he must create the stories in his head Smile that said I am not shocked a older man thinks a teen sneaking a boy in her room and touching him is dangerous and not exciting! I am not sure where J.J. will take reylo but I am happy that rian feels comfortable to call their connection romance now. He was more careful before.

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 31 May 2019, 8:02 am

I get JW may not be privvy to things but what does that say about the reylo/reverse anidala notes? Coincidence...? But it's seems too planned
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 31 May 2019, 11:35 am

@rey09 wrote:I get JW may not be privvy to things but what does that say about the reylo/reverse anidala notes? Coincidence...? But it's seems too planned
@rey09
Unless John Williams is trolling us, I believe it’s just a coincidence, like the similarities between a part of ‘The Abduction’ from TFA soundtrack to love theme from Tchaikovsky’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 31 May 2019, 12:03 pm

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if JW is trolling a bit, like when he had asked if Daisy was going to be in Ep. 8. He knows fully well that Daisy is the lead of all three movies. Remember when Daisy claimed IX could go anywhere and they could potentially write her out, but of course she's not, and she knows that. They just have to feign ignorance or potentially spoil things for people, or at least never hear the end of it. It's all part of the job of working on such a big, secretive project.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 31 May 2019, 12:26 pm

Our dear JW is also trolling a bit if he says he hasn't watched a SW movie. You can't score a movie beat by beat that you've never seen! Although I'd believe he's never seen one in a commercial theater. Wink
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 31 May 2019, 12:49 pm

Well hello Lolilol
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 54800310
source
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 31 May 2019, 1:43 pm

GE is cross-promoting with Reylo (Avatar, Kessinger). I'd say it's coordinated marketing with VF and Rian's French interview.

also, remember this classic:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 The-force-awakens-aladdin-parecidos-mas-que-razonables-original
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:24 pm

Honestly, at this point I’m just waiting for official SW social media accounts to start sharing Reylo fanart ROFL .

One more thing regarding John Williams and the soundtrack - I have a feeling that I had the soundtrack for the last ‘Hobbit’ ahead of the film’s release and also that there was some kind of preview of John Powell’s score for Solo - is it possible TRoS soundtrack will be available before the movie premieres? When were the ones for TFA and TLJ released?

I’m so impatient right now, we’ve just had Vanity Fair’s coverage but I already crave for more! lol! Can’t wait for further info from them, but when can we expect anything, like behind-the-scenes etc.?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 31 May 2019, 8:20 pm

@nana7marie A BTS reel will probably be at Comic Con in July. The soundtrack comes out when the movie does, even slightly after, midnight December 20. Depends on the country you're in though, I'm on the west coast, so when new music comes out in US retailers it's only 9 PM my time.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 5:07 am

@californiagirl Sight, this is such a long wait! Cry Hopefully Vanity Fair will grace us with anything beforehand Lolilol .

I’m in Poland, TRoS premieres here on 19 December, but I’m keeping fingers crossed for some pre-premiere special screening. Too bad that the soundtrack isn’t available earlier - it’d be spoilery, though, so it’s understandable.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 01 Jun 2019, 9:04 am

@nana7marie wrote:@californiagirl Sight, this is such a long wait! Cry Hopefully Vanity Fair will grace us with anything beforehand Lolilol .

I’m in Poland, TRoS premieres here on 19 December, but I’m keeping fingers crossed for some pre-premiere special screening. Too bad that the soundtrack isn’t available earlier - it’d be spoilery, though, so it’s understandable.
@nana7marie

The Art of Book is also released day and date because it's spoilery too.

There was a time they were released prior, and I think the powers that be were OK if the purchaser (and immediate circle) were spoiled, it was felt they wanted to be spoiled - the purchaser was OK with it. Now though, the information is then spread, and it's spoiled for many, so we now have entered the age of day and date release of merchandise that is definitely spoiler heavy such as soundtracks (with their obvious names for themes) and Art of books (although a lot of concept art is only inspiration and does not occur in the movie, they do present concept are that does and commentary of the movie). Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 11:12 am

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 12:53 pm

@Moonlight13 Have you taken a screenshot? The tweet is no logger available.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 1:27 pm

@nana7marie
This was the tweet - from Star Wars uk - it was a gif :
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 4a178110
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 D397a810Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 B413a310
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 5 87401510
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 1:40 pm

@AhsokaTano Thank you!
That’s super spoilery, but everybody kinda expects bendemption anyway, so they didn’t need to delete it Razz .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 2:12 pm

While is cool to think that they deleted because spoilers, maybe they just posted in the wrong day? It happens all the time with the social media accounts I manage...

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 2:14 pm

some people can still see it while others get Page Doesn't Exist.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 3:45 pm

Someone managed to save the video and you can see the deleted tweet here:

https://twitter.com/girlswsabers/status/1135641505207652361?s=21
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 5:28 pm

I can't believe they deleted it. Laughing Ninja
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 6:58 pm

Star Wars Italia still has it. in Italian.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 9:29 pm

I wonder if the SW Country accounts that still have it are cultures that are more open-minded about redemption arcs? Or don't care if advertising is very blunt? I know there are advertising campaigns we are excited about, once it becomes super-advertising time because Disney/LF has to be blunt to sell the movie.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 12:50 pm

JUST ANNOUNCED: Find Out When The Biggest, Can’t-Miss Presentations Will Take Place at D23 Expo 2019
Saturday, August 24

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what’s on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum