Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 1:01 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:JUST ANNOUNCED: Find Out When The Biggest, Can’t-Miss Presentations Will Take Place at D23 Expo 2019
Saturday, August 24

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what’s on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!
@Moonlight13

oooh! Very Happy Smile

Admittedly, I may be reading too much into this announcement, yet Disney knows everyone is wondering about SDCC, especially with the recent news WB (big one, Wonder Woman) will not be there - so I am wondering if this is Disney's wink-wink/roundabout way of saying - "We will not be at SDCC, either"  The announcements people are waiting for (More elaborate poster for TROS, and bts & Marvel Phase 4) will be at D23.

I think the only big LF news from SDCC will probably be publishing, and maybe Clone Wars (and Resistance?), and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to why LF will be at SDCC)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 1:43 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:JUST ANNOUNCED: Find Out When The Biggest, Can’t-Miss Presentations Will Take Place at D23 Expo 2019
Saturday, August 24

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what’s on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!
@Moonlight13
I hope there’ll be a way for all of us who won’t attend to also watch that ‘exclusive footage’ Razz .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 2:01 pm

Breznican has left EW

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Tumblr_psqsrxTtIx1y8hadgo1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 2:40 pm

Woah I wonder why he left ? Thats a shame .And he’s posted an endgame picture of Ironman’s mask ....
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 2:43 pm

I could be wrong but I think he was let go/laid off. I remember seeing a tweet where EW said they were going from a weekly magazine to a monthly one, which would probably result in job losses.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 10:46 am

He posted some other guy's tweet from EW and that gentleman lost his job at EW also. I think they had layoffs of some sort. I hope he finds a new job soon. I enjoyed his coverage of SW for the most part.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 12:38 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

@Moonlight13
The fates of kylo and Rey became entangled eh?lol! It makes me chuckle how with everyone else they talk about revenge and hatred and yet with kylo Rey the words they use are entangled and if it’s not that word it’s intertwined . Lol!
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 10:09 pm

Dunno if the resident Japanese speakers/translators, @cowgirlsamurai and @shii405, have this book in their collection. But somebody on Twitter has been posting shots from the English-Japanese Star Wars dictionary for children with some very interesting examples

A certain recent freakout over a 'leak' could've been avoided if people just checked the dictionary. Also goes for arguments that somebody doesn't count as a member of the family or that "it doesn't count" that a character is the child of two beloved characters.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 D80zy7uUIAESJkn?format=jpg
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 11:31 pm

@snufkin

Thanks for reminding me about that book! We’re in Japan right now, so if we have time, I’ll try to find it Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 12:13 am

@Cowgirlsamurai Awesome! I just thought of you the other day b/c they had a Moomin question on Jeopardy which obviously none of the contestants knew what it was. Hope you find a copy of this book and have a great trip.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 2:31 am

@snufkin - thanks for sharing. This family tree makes me laugh - the expression on Ben's face compared to all the others is so over the top sulky!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 11:21 am

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 12:53 pm

@Moonlight13

Thank you for posting it, I love it! H-beating
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 2:09 pm

@Moonlight13

twitter discussion is also fantastic:

https://twitter.com/lindseyromain/status/1138848057230069760

especially this tweet:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Unknown
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 2:40 pm

@Moonlight13
This is an amazing article especially:

“Those opposed to Rey and Kylo’s union might tell you Star Wars isn’t about romantic love. I would argue the opposite: That it’s all about love, in its many iterations. Romantic love is part of that, and it doesn’t make characters like Rey lesser if she’s drawn to a soulmate, or if she looks for love in the arms of a man. Redemption arcs in fantasy are almost never rooted in a woman’s desires. But female desire isn’t a weakness. In this case, it could be the most powerful thing in the universe.”

And :
“What does it mean to have a soulmate? There are millions of definitions across religions and philosophies, in poetry and literature and plays. The concept is often tied to love; it’s the completion of oneself, two souls diverged, seeking their other half. According to Aristophanes, “Love is born into every human being; it calls back the halves of our original nature together; it tries to make one out of two and heal the wound of human nature.” Most of us will never find this healer, if such a person even exists. But that’s the role fantasy plays in our lives: Divine concepts made reality, heightened ideas and themes conjured into something imaginative and palpable.”

Wow! I love youI love youI love youI love you Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 11:42 pm

From the fantastic article " Romantic love broke the Jedi Order. It might be the only thing that can save it...If Reylo does indeed manifest into a fully realized romance, it wouldn’t hurt the story; it would enhance it. “The darkness rises and light to meet it.” It’s been there all along."

...If anything, I know, in itself, Jedi: Fallen Order is exciting, yet what I love about it is how it emphasizes the potential for hope and resolution in TROS. In J:FO, Cal is seen killing stormtroopers left and right, yet Rey, with romantic love, shows mercy for the most part (I know she killed stormtroopers, but nothing at that level lol), and with Ben, forgiveness and love. Plus, Ben is an angel compared to Cal with what's seen in regards to killing. Very Happy Razz That's the predominant reason why I am intrigued about J:FO, it's before and after - a startling comparison with TROS, and how the Jedi, if Rey & Ben elect to continue the concept, will adapt.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 12:47 am

Regarding the Jedi insisting on no commitments - in short, no family - it still gets me mad that some people think a lonely orphan like Rey should end the saga as some kind of space monk. I actually refused to buy the last part of a otherwise great book trilogy I was reading when I discovered it's heroine ended the story by choosing to reject love and live her life alone.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 3:34 am

@motherofpearl1 Yes! I believe we won’t see the comeback of the Jedi order in its previous form and I hope we won’t see its cameback at all lol! Rey and Kylo training and exploring the Force together -yes, Rey and Kylo helping those who ask them for guidance- yes, but please no Jedi order! I see Reylo end up having adventures on the Falcon more than anything - their lifestyle more similar to Han’s than Luke’s, Yoda’s or Anakin’s.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 4:01 am

Regardless of his mistakes, Luke was spot on when he said the Jedi had to end.
Even in the 'real' world, many organisations, from religion to various clubs and societies, and even the armed forces, have had to adapt to the times and a changing attitude. Those that refuse to are ultimately doomed to fail.

I can't help but believe if the Jedi had been allowed to have attachments Anakin would never have fallen to the Dark Side. If he still had dreams of losing his wife, he could have gone to Obi Wan rather than Palpatine .
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 9:45 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Regarding the Jedi insisting on no commitments - in short, no family - it still gets me mad that some people think a lonely orphan like Rey should end the saga as some kind of space monk. I actually refused to buy the last part of a otherwise great book trilogy I was reading when I discovered it's heroine ended the story by choosing to reject love and live her life alone.
@motherofpearl1

Excellent point! If anything, it would be bad storytelling if that happens because everything about the ST is the reverse of the PT. My gut tells me the storytelling is close to perfection, Smile Very Happy which is exactly why Rey was a lonely orphan in TFA because in TROS, she will have a commitment and family (and more than, my friends are my family concept because that is a concept that the old Jedi Order thought would suffice/be enough).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 9:49 am

@nana7marie wrote:@motherofpearl1 Yes! I believe we won’t see the comeback of the Jedi order in its previous form and I hope we won’t see its cameback at all lol! Rey and Kylo training and exploring the Force together -yes, Rey and Kylo helping those who ask them for guidance- yes, but please no Jedi order! I see Reylo end up having adventures on the Falcon more than anything - their lifestyle more similar to Han’s than Luke’s, Yoda’s or Anakin’s.
@nana7marie

I'm with you! I admit, when I read or hear pro-Jedi Order interpretations in Reylo metas (or podcasts), I feel mixed. A part of me hopes it will end, and only become legend, and that the connection to the Force is only mystical and spiritual. Moreover, Ben and Rey only have romantic adventures, and are there for guidance and help when the galaxy needs it.

Another part of me is "OK, I'm open-minded. If they begin a new Jedi Order with a temple, organization, schools, padawans...OK" - but I admit that I feel more meh about it, and if this happens, J.J. really brings it. lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 1:38 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Tumblr_psmp4oXdQ71tkj812_400

when you want to save your loved one, you don't think
just act

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 3:36 am

@Teo oswald wrote:
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Tumblr_psmp4oXdQ71tkj812_400

when you want to save your loved one, you don't think
just act

@Teo oswald

Kylo must've been thinking 'I have a bad feeling about this' in the elevator scene
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 14 Jun 2019, 10:13 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Scree509

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 6 Scree508
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost