Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 15 Jun 2019, 10:36 am

Did you see the rest of that exchange? PH cracks me up sometimes. And I’ll join the queue to drink a beer with him. We could talk about cats and how my thinking aloud on his non fondness for Kylo ended on his twitter account - crazy Internet. Gotta say I’d be more interested in memoirs of the Story Group members than of the actors because actors come and go, while the Story Group probably sees way more of the sith going on in the background.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 55d6bb10
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 9:34 pm

Looks like one of the TROS producers is going to be the senior vice president of live action content for LF, both films and shows.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/lucasfilm-names-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-producer-michelle-rejwan-as-svp-live-action-development-production-1202633597/

Also it seems JJ's big deal with WB is closing soon, so that's in the bag too. All our SW babies are being so successful!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 18 Jun 2019, 9:22 pm

Jason Fry approves of Lindsey Romain's Bendemption piece.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree510

Also, to the people who think he wrote or altered the TLJ book in the two months after the movie came out.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree511
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:13 am

@californiagirl wrote:Jason Fry approves of Lindsey Romain's Bendemption piece.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree510

Also, to the people who think he wrote or altered the TLJ book in the two months after the movie came out.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree511
@californiagirl

I really wonder about the people who thought he wrote that book in two months. Obviously, they never wrote a term paper and/or thesis in their life. lol Those two can be rather intense and can take weeks (sometimes months), and they are small compared to a novel! haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:28 am

@californiagirl wrote:Looks like one of the TROS producers is going to be the senior vice president of live action content for LF, both films and shows.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/lucasfilm-names-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-producer-michelle-rejwan-as-svp-live-action-development-production-1202633597/

Also it seems JJ's big deal with WB is closing soon, so that's in the bag too. All our SW babies are being so successful!
@californiagirl

Michelle Rejwan's promotion (so happy for her) has the dudebros (and I am sure, the antis who are all about Rey Skywalker lol) frustrated/livid about this, which causes me to love the news more (and give her a standing ovation for what she will develop and greenlight).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 8:16 am

I wonder when the TROS novelization is coming out?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 5:13 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I wonder when the TROS novelization is coming out?
@motherofpearl1

That's right...it wasn't one of the Journey to Star Wars: TROS announcements!

Maybe it will be one of the LF Publishing announcements at SDCC for day and date release (or, it may repeat the pattern of TLJ's novelization, and be released next March)?

Likewise, maybe it won't have a novelization? Why...not certain, perhaps because it is the conclusion of the Skywalker Saga, so LF wants the movie to have the final say? Be the final interpretation?
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

Likewise, maybe it won't have a novelization? Why...not certain, perhaps because it is the conclusion of the Skywalker Saga, so LF wants the movie to have the final say? Be the final interpretation?
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I don't think so. The movies always had the final say no matter what was written in the novelization. Why would they renounce the money? I guess they will delay the release just like with TLJ to prevent leaks and we will have to wait till march 2020.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 6:58 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I don't think so. The movies always had the final say no matter what was written in the novelization. Why would they renounce the money? I guess they will delay the release just like with TLJ to prevent leaks and we will have to wait till march 2020.
@Night Huntress

Completely agree, just trying to think of a reasoning of why not, Smile (if the answer is "there isn't one" - my theory can be completely off lol).

Do you, does anyone, know when the TLJ novelization was announced, and (if a separate time) the release date was confirmed?
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:05 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

good question Confus - not sure but I think it was quite late? September? Maybe someone has a better memory? scratch
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:14 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

good question Confus - not sure but I think it was quite late? September? Maybe someone has a better memory? scratch
@Night Huntress

Ooh! Maybe early October? (at New York CC?)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:39 pm

good question Confus  - not sure but I think it was quite late? September? Maybe someone has a better memory? scratch
@Night Huntress

@SW_Heroine_Journey
It was announced at SDCC 2017 (July 21, 2017): NEW STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI BOOKS AND MORE REVEALED AT SDCC 2017
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 8:16 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:

good question Confus  - not sure but I think it was quite late? September? Maybe someone has a better memory? scratch
@Night Huntress

@SW_Heroine_Journey
It was announced at SDCC 2017 (July 21, 2017): NEW STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI BOOKS AND MORE REVEALED AT SDCC 2017
@Moonlight13

Hmm..they've already announced the Journey to Star Wars books for TROS on May 4th, so they are breaking the pattern already. Brats! lol Not complaining! haha So, they may announce a bit more including the novelization; however, I am thinking they are saving the Project Luminous reveal for SDCC.

I watched the last 15 minutes or so of the video embedded in the article of the presentation, and ~TLJ release date/mid-December was mentioned for most, but then Michael said, "And shortly after that" will be the fiction tellings of TLJ, including the novelization (and junior). So, I guess March is shortly after Dec? Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 11:25 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Tumblr_ptd71ey4Tf1y8hadgo1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 11:55 pm

@spacebaby45678
Wow I love the art work for these especially the kylo/ben cover . Smile
Am really looking forward to these . Smile

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 11:59 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:@spacebaby45678
Wow I love the art work for these especially the kylo/ben cover . Smile
Am really looking forward to these . Smile
@AhsokaTano

Kylo's is exceptional, as is Snoke, I am not sure about Rey's, I think this cover gives ReySoloists life the MF = Han and Leia spending time with her "daughter" , Rose's is nice. The covers would be the colors of the four elements except Rey's shows purple...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 7:11 pm

Am hoping this bodes well for us . Bryan young ( writer for Star Wars Insider magazine and Star Wars. Com :
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Eeb7b210

And this is interesting too( though not Star Wars ) - J.J. Abrams writing a Spider-Man comic mini series with his son about new villain cadaverous . :
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 7004df10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 7:41 pm

A little unsure about Bryan Young's comments. He's currently getting heat for lifting from women's theories about Kylo without giving credit, after dumping on those same fans and theories in the past, blocking people who point out he keeps doing this, etc. So when he says "Kylo fans" I actually don't know which group he really means.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 8:58 pm

@californiagirl wrote:A little unsure about Bryan Young's comments. He's currently getting heat for lifting from women's theories about Kylo without giving credit, after dumping on those same fans and theories in the past, blocking people who point out he keeps doing this, etc. So when he says "Kylo fans" I actually don't know which group he really means.
@californiagirl
Because of his change of attitude and as a result lifting from reylos’ theories, I actually expect it’s bendemptionists he has in mind Very Happy .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 11:19 pm

@nana7marie wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:A little unsure about Bryan Young's comments. He's currently getting heat for lifting from women's theories about Kylo without giving credit, after dumping on those same fans and theories in the past, blocking people who point out he keeps doing this, etc. So when he says "Kylo fans" I actually don't know which group he really means.
@californiagirl
Because of his change of attitude and as a result lifting from reylos’ theories, I actually expect it’s bendemptionists he has in mind Very Happy .
@nana7marie

Hope so! I trust and believe in Bendemption and Reylo, yet I feel weary about SW Marvel comics due to the infamous DV comic. The Ben cover is phenomenal (he looks like a prince!), and the description of the Snoke one (emphasizing brutal training), yet I am :/ that Bryan is writing the essay. The infamous DV comic indicates SW Marvel comics obviously had a wild wild west aspect to it, and the concern about it probably caused a change on how they are overseen and approved, but I don't know if it would be in time for these comics before TROS. I am hoping.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 1:04 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree515
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree514
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 7 Scree513

I know Pablo's taken this philosophy so far that he sort of disregards and makes fun of almost everyone, but also, he's totally right here. Thumbs up
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/c476an/tros_to_be_called_star_wars_dawn_of_skywalker_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

That’s interesting- most translations seem to indicate ascension but this focuses more on the rising side of the meaning - new beginnings . A new dawn /era .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 6:50 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/c476an/tros_to_be_called_star_wars_dawn_of_skywalker_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

That’s interesting- most translations seem to indicate ascension but this focuses more on the rising side of the meaning - new beginnings . A new dawn /era .
@AhsokaTano

Thank you for sharing!

"TROS to be called Star Wars : Dawn of Skywalker in Japan"

Indications of the Asian marketing begins, which I agree with others here, will be the most telling and wonderful! There isn't hand wringing of redemption arcs, and there is a love/appreciation for enemies to lovers, so Disney is more obvious about it in the marketing for that international market. Exciting!

"Dawn Dream Meaning Psychological meaning:
The dawn brings with it a new beginning. A period of inner darkness is being replaced by the light of realization and consciousness. At last you have hope and optimism in your heart.

Dawn Dream Meaning Mystical meaning:
The ancient Egyptians identified dawn with New Year’s Day and the beginning of the world when the eye of Atum searched the great primeval ocean. Since the earliest times humanity has worshipped the rising sun as a symbol of God, hope and rebirth."

http://www.dreamsleep.net/meanings/dawn/
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 23 Jun 2019, 11:33 pm

Cinema Today wrote:
タイトルにある「ライズ」(RISE)はさまざまな解釈ができる単語であることから、どのような邦題がつけられるのか注目されていたが、最終的に希望を予感させる「夜明け」となった。

It says that the word “rise,” could be translated many different ways, but that “dawn” was chosen to foresee hope.

It seems the title was announced today because it’s the 41st anniversary of the release of A New Hope in Japan.

As for hand wringing, I saw plenty of articles speculating whether the English title inferred that Rey was indeed a Skywalker, so it exists in Japan too  Razz But yeah, I can’t wait to see what else the advertising (t)here will be willing to reveal.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:18 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
Cinema Today wrote:
タイトルにある「ライズ」(RISE)はさまざまな解釈ができる単語であることから、どのような邦題がつけられるのか注目されていたが、最終的に希望を予感させる「夜明け」となった。

It says that the word “rise,” could be translated many different ways, but that “dawn” was chosen to foresee hope.

It seems the title was announced today because it’s the 41st anniversary of the release of A New Hope in Japan.

As for hand wringing, I saw plenty of articles speculating whether the English title inferred that Rey was indeed a Skywalker, so it exists in Japan too  Razz But yeah, I can’t wait to see what else the advertising (t)here will be willing to reveal.
@Cowgirlsamurai

As we know, she will be by marriage Razz Actually, they are already married, in my opinion, due to the hut scene - in the Force's eyes, she is already Rey Skywalker Solo by marriage. haha Very Happy

Oh well, I was hoping there was one market that didn't have to deal with the hand wringing BS. Very Happy lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum