Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by PalmettoBlue on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 6:10 am

Mar was also on WT Force podcast. I think it posted yesterday. It was a fun interview. MC always does good interviews.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 4:22 pm

Really though. Even if Rian and JJ comes out after TROS and explain that Kylo's solution (destroy everything) is wrong, and that he's the bad guy, and that the ending of TLJ is basically the opposite of that, people are going to say this until the end of time, aren't they?

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Scree581

Also, was there some kind of horrible Medium article today or yesterday? I won't read it because I don't want to give them clicks, they're basically a blog people can easily post whatever they want on. It involved Reylos being conspiracy theorists? Also the usual assortment of accusations and name-calling, at least from what I gather on Twitter. I saw a good thread about how someone should someday do a full sociological study of ST fandom. Because it is seriously the weirdest experience I've seen in a mainstream pop culture franchise. For all LF's faults in marketing, it really isn't just them. Even if they were more upfront, I still think we would see much of the same discussion.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Fri 06 Sep 2019, 5:12 pm

To be fair, the movie also has Yoda, the good guy, burning down the Jedi tree which you could easily interpret as the affirmation of “let the past die”. Yes they show a brief glimpse of the Jedi books in the end, but unlike the burning of the tree it’s such a blink-and-miss moment I didn’t catch it myself until someone pointed it out.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 2:47 am

@Saracene wrote:To be fair, the movie also has Yoda, the good guy, burning down the Jedi tree which you could easily interpret as the affirmation of “let the past die”. Yes they show a brief glimpse of the Jedi books in the end, but unlike the burning of the tree it’s such a blink-and-miss moment I didn’t catch it myself until someone pointed it out.
@Saracene

My 2 cents worth? I think Yoda's message was let the old Jedi order die... it's already dead at this point.. so let it go, learn from the Jedi order's failures and move on. It's implied I think that the Jedi in a new form will live on (I will not be the last Jedi!).. I would agree though that I think we need TROS to see this fully play out. Not long to go now- about 100 days! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 07 Sep 2019, 4:50 am

I really like this post
I want to share with you. I look forwars to see this evolution!!!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 F88b88cbe0a430b02e1c7f4c2e0476bf57bc7ff2

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:20 am

lol!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Screen48

Background info for his tweet (Pablo follows a Reylo, and he seems to really respect her, interact with her at times, and inspires him to tweet, also) Smile Very Happy  Yay for her opening his eyes to the silliness of antis and dudebros saying Ben is not a Skywalker because Leia is his mother.  

https://twitter.com/SarahSahim/status/1171039146594451457
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:37 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:lol!

Background info for his tweet (Pablo follows a Reylo, and he seems to really respect her, interact with her at times, and inspires him to tweet, also) Smile Very Happy  Yay for her opening his eyes to the silliness of antis and dudebros saying Ben is not a Skywalker because Leia is his mother.  

@SW_Heroine_Journey

The day these haters have children will they accuse their wife of having only daughters, as in the Middle Ages ...? Isn't genetics studied in biology in any high school on earth? Or maybe they still believe in stork that brings children ... that's why they hate romantic dynamics ... they've never seen a live stork ....

Sorry, I just did a few jokes to laugh
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:40 am

@giaciak2 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:lol!

@SW_Heroine_Journey

The day these haters have children will they accuse their wife of having only daughters, as in the Middle Ages ...? Isn't genetics studied in biology in any high school on earth? Or maybe they still believe in stork that brings children ... that's why they hate romantic dynamics ... they've never seen a live stork ....

Sorry, I just did a few jokes to laugh
@giaciak2

No worries! Laughter is wonderful! HUGS Very Happy Smile  

My hope - in their actual lives, they know the truth, and they will not be backwards in all aspects of life.  However, when it comes to SW, it is their only hope to deny Ben is THE Skywalker in the title: The Rise of Skywalker.  With each passing days, for those who embrace the titles of anti and dudebro, I hope they realize - The ST is not for me, I am going to sit it out (or even better, just accept it - perhaps try to enjoy it??), and move on.

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 10:41 am

I don't remember if I posted this... scratch

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 E65217b53d17740035333d2f8dbc82abfa7d8df7

uhm...define satisfactory

"What’s fun is what’s been teased so far has confounded the fans because when I’m in the desert is he in the TIE [fighter]? What’s going on? Am I running away? Am I running toward [something]? In the fight, we’re fighting each other," wrote:

there is nothing new here
but here!!!
"It’s, I think, a very satisfying story. Because also, leaving [The Last Jedi] I was like, 'Oh I guess we’ve mined that relationship.' No, no, we’ve mined it some more, wrote:

'Oh I guess we’ve mined that relationship.'

No, no, we’ve mined it some more,

some more:lol: Laughing
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Mon 09 Sep 2019, 11:01 pm

Sometimes I really don't understand Daisy Ridley..

..Did she really think that the romantic relationship between her character and Kylo has ended in TLJ? That it's over?? She played it that way???
Is she being for real?
Did they not tell her in 2014 that she would have a love interest? Did she not have a chemistry test with Adam?

I really would love to believe that "reylo" has been decided form the very begining, but then Daisy's weird, anti-romance attitude comes in the picture all the time.
The fact that they changed something in the script because of her influence makes worried then ever

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:23 am

@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:Sometimes I really don't understand Daisy Ridley..

..Did she really think that the romantic relationship between her character and Kylo has ended in TLJ? That it's over?? She played it that way???
Is she being for real?
Did they not tell her in 2014 that she would have a love interest? Did she not have a chemistry test with Adam?

I really would love to believe that "reylo" has been decided form the very begining, but then Daisy's weird, anti-romance attitude comes in the picture all the time.
The fact that they changed something in the script because of her influence makes worried then ever
@Oscarborough-fairo

Oh man...  You are making me worried too. Sigh..  Neutral I really really hope JJ still opted for romantic Reylo, you could tell that is what he wanted from the start. He basically said back then he wanted a love story but with a different approach,  which is obviously Reylo. So I still want to have hope.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 7:53 am

Yes, I know.....just don't understand Daisy's behavior...like romantic love is a basic element of the Skywalker saga, if she has problem with it, why did she apply for this role? Imao
Can you imagine what would have happened if Natalie had behaved this way? Lol
I love Daisy and Rey, but this anti romance thing is getting to be irritating
Many actors would do anything to share any scenes with Adam Driver, to play a main part in such an epic love story like reylo.

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 8:50 am

@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:Sometimes I really don't understand Daisy Ridley..

Is she being for real?

@Oscarborough-fairo

The bolded part did not happen, as far as I'm aware. This is a case of the telephone game.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 9:36 am

Daisy is very much about answering questions based on where Rey is "now" so to speak. Plus, she was chased off of social networking, primarily because she was positive about Reylo (and she is in the era of MeToo and Times Up). All of that is swirling in her mind, and the result are these answers in interviews.

I really suggest ignoring the actors for the most part. They are either very guarded about what they can say, or say things that will never make any sense.

When you feel worried, focus on J.J's words, and trust your belief in the narrative.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Screen49

In addition, actors and actresses have no influence on the story - Mark H is proof of that. (With Daisy, I think she had her feminist worries, but J.J.'s answer comforted her - i.e. the biggest guess is that Kylo will die, so Ben will live - Beauty and the Beast). In the end though, doesn't matter if an actor/actress is happy or not, they have a contract and need to be professionals on the set.

The biggest influence is Joseph Campbell (and he is still important, Favreau - all new people with SW stories need to attend a lecture about him and the Power of Myth). Anyway, with Campbell, the only healing is the one that delivered the blow. With the prequels, it was possessive romantic love that destroyed the galaxy. Therefore, in the ST, it will be selfless romantic love that will heal the galaxy and bring balance to the force.

If that doesn't happen, instead of feeling a personal worry about Reylo, feel sorry for LF because they truly then lost their way. Thus far though, I see no reason to doubt.

Stay positive, be positive, Reylos! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 11:19 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
The biggest influence is Joseph Campbell (and he is still important, Favreau - all new people with SW stories need to attend a lecture about him and the Power of Myth). Anyway, with Campbell, the only healing is the one that delivered the blow. With the prequels, it was possessive romantic love that destroyed the galaxy. Therefore, in the ST, it will be selfless romantic love that will heal the galaxy and bring balance to the force.

If that doesn't happen, instead of feeling a personal worry about Reylo, feel sorry for LF because they truly then lost their way. Thus far though, I see no reason to doubt.

Stay positive, be positive, Reylos!

Thank you! I needed that! Smile
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 11:23 am

Most films change greatly from page to screen, JJ especially likes to alter things as he goes. TFA, for one, majorly shifted in production. But that doesn't mean they lost sight of the original point. I don't know how much Daisy was told, but she loves working with Adam, and Adam it would seem knew something major about Kylo's arc from the start.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 10 Sep 2019, 12:48 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

Stay positive, be positive, Reylos!

Thank you! I needed that! Smile
@tukicarreno

You're very welcome, luv! Very Happy Smile HUGS!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:53 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Daisy is very much about answering questions based on where Rey is "now" so to speak.  Plus, she was chased off of social networking, primarily because she was positive about Reylo (and she is in the era of MeToo and Times Up).  All of that is swirling in her mind, and the result are these answers in interviews.
@SW_Heroine_Journey
As far as I know, Ridley wasn’t chased off of social media due to her Reylo positivity but because she openly supported gun laws changes in the US after another mass shooting and before that she was body-shamed - some people claimed she reinforced unrealistic body image with her own slenderness  Eh bien .

Anyway, @Oscarborough-fairo I wouldn’t worry about that quote - Ridley didn’t really say that Rey-Kylo relationship was over in TLJ, but that they dug deeper and that in TRoS even more so. I believe Ridley had in mind the force bond as well as how they’re both equally important on the large scale. TLJ established their complicated feelings well enough for the romance to develop out of it in Episode IX so I think she was referring to the cosmic soulmate thing.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:14 am

Does anyone remember the hassle Daisy got way back before TLJ when she innocently praised some Reylo art?
That, combined with the very worthy #metoo campaign being hacked by people with dodgy agendas, has probably left her wary of what she says these days. Unfortunately too many idiots see the interrogation scene as a form of abuse, and antis milk this for it's worth. Sadly far too many people think the ultimate act of feminism is for a woman to live her life alone. Which is rubbish.

The late Katharine Hepburn once said: "Only when a woman decides not to have children can she live like a man."
But even she did not live her life WITHOUT a man!
Being strong doesn't mean living a childless single life. I'm honestly baffled why so many of today's feminists seem to think that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:54 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 77a1de5bbfe437f5073ed257c1f91f50abac815b

you're damn right Laughing Laughing

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:11 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Does anyone remember the hassle Daisy got way back before TLJ when she innocently praised some Reylo art?
That, combined with the very worthy #metoo campaign being hacked by people with dodgy agendas, has probably left her wary of what she says these days. Unfortunately too many idiots see the interrogation scene as a form of abuse, and antis milk this for it's worth. Sadly far too many people think the ultimate act of feminism is for a woman to live her life alone. Which is rubbish.

The late Katharine Hepburn once said: "Only when a woman decides not to have children can she live like a man."
But even she did not live her life WITHOUT a man!
Being strong doesn't mean living a childless single life. I'm honestly baffled why so many of today's feminists seem to think that.
@motherofpearl1

Truth! Especially when I am willing to bet, they are not asexual or celibate! If they truly believe this, they need to not be in a relationship at all, now or ever.

I am asexual (and agnostic about romance), yet I love the Reylo narrative. I do not see it as a threat to my sexuality or feminism, at all!

@nana7marie It's probably a pie chart of many reasons, yet "motherofpearl1" emphasized/pointed to what I was trying to say - a lot better! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:37 pm

Since some of y'all need this. Notice how it's only inner fandom and terrible clickbait sites that try to create a panic around this, while the more mainstream media that doesn't get on the super-emotional blog-style press know better.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Scree582
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 2:46 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 6ed3db51e6d088b8397b76acf4b9705d7ab686bc

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Bab4af5100cd46a7f88415daa88e7b8fe9afba7e

cute , really cute ,
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 14 Sep 2019, 2:58 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 1a4100f97068554c3bd086c607c5530f95577cfa

children love Kylo Ren. Razz   hahaha I wanted to see his face. Very Happy
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 15 Sep 2019, 12:23 pm

It seemed relevant.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Scree583

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 23 Scree584
californiagirl