Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Screen52
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:17 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 6a94b20be10de648e7e5bc2dbea537a9ebcb087f

Very Happy yohohoho
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 5:20 am

oh gosh !!! Surprised
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 11e18d0d852c44967b9091476e3a599a6c427f21

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 88aa739a53b1956ec5d397b1fb31563aad53cda9

THAT’S WHY WAS CALLING to HER

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 C81aacd204be69e7dc68e3aa4f679de28dd85b5c

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 07c1d6297c902a296969f47ca42157a1309a0fcd

if so, everything would be connected !!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 11:56 am

One of the Skytalkers. Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Scree603
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:06 pm

Sleemo reposted something about the mask - damn mask Smile. The goal of the tweet was to show they changed the story to have him unmask in front of Rey instead of in the Vader mask scene. But my reaction to the tweet was: the return of ashgate Very Happy My first and only real gate. That one hit hard, thank you JJ,  but taught me a valuable lesson so I guess, thank you a second time JJ for making my skin thicker.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 A1c43310
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:11 pm

Time to revisit that amazing twitter thread @californiagirl shared with us about Terrio during the summer

A preview

"I'm calling it now: Terrio wasn't hired for TRoS because of Batman V Superman.

I think he's extremely well-regarded for his skills in working with existing material. He's a nerd who loves modernist literature and diving into philosophy and mythology."

Another one

"Okay, I've made it up to TRoS and here's my take:

Batman V Superman is often cited as "why" Terrio was chosen, but it's a pretty huge detour in his work. This dude is an intellectual and seems to love research, historical pieces, and very literary stuff."

The meat of the twitter thread begins here Very Happy Smile

https://twitter.com/slipgoingunder/status/1148394811990429696
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 1:55 pm

KOR names !!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Cd80a56be65a88f02845b522a15e4a54cdf3f3e1

uhm so we’re gonna have some real names . I look forward !!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:15 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:KOR names !!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Cd80a56be65a88f02845b522a15e4a54cdf3f3e1

@Teo oswald

They will have names but based on this tweet we won't probably hear them in the movie. I could be wrong of course. I think the names will show up in the comic The Rise of Kylo Ren. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 2:18 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Time to revisit that amazing twitter thread @californiagirl shared with us about Terrio during the summer

A preview

"I'm calling it now: Terrio wasn't hired for TRoS because of Batman V Superman.

I think he's extremely well-regarded for his skills in working with existing material. He's a nerd who loves modernist literature and diving into philosophy and mythology."

Another one

"Okay, I've made it up to TRoS and here's my take:

Batman V Superman is often cited as "why" Terrio was chosen, but it's a pretty huge detour in his work. This dude is an intellectual and seems to love research, historical pieces, and very literary stuff."

The meat of the twitter thread begins here Very Happy Smile

https://twitter.com/slipgoingunder/status/1148394811990429696
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Like... I had seen B v S when it came out have not revisited it since then and now I am having and AHA moment.. on why Chris Terrio...

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice_bb788b6f-e1459188872342

A number of critics and fans alike felt ‘Dawn of Justice’ lacked a cohesive plot. What the film has in profusion, however, is congealed symbolism.

The premise for ‘Batman v Superman’ is simple. Batman’s brand of vigilante justice is deliberately harmful, Superman’s inadvertent. Each feels the other is a menace that needs to be stopped.

From a story written by Chris Terrio and Dave S. Goyer, Snyder brought Batman’s and Superman’s live action iterations together on the big screen for the first time. In ‘Dawn of Justice’ these 2 fictional titans symbolize more than heroics, more than good versus evil.A few of those symbols are racial, social, and evolutionary.he most prominent symbolism in the film is religious. Both characters are often seen hovering above the people who require their help, looking down from the heavens, so to speak, as they respond to their pleas. During a conversation with Rev. Mark A. Smith, Associate Minister at Salem Missionary Baptist Church in Lilburn GA, he told EURweb Superman symbolizes Christ. “He can be seen as a Messiah archetype,” he said, noting from his perspective Batman seems to represents mankind’s need to investigate and explore a higher power.

“The adventure and relationship begins with trepidation, heartbreak, and discombobulation,” Rev. Smith added, “but ultimately after exposure to the deity one realizes that he had our best interest in mind.”

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Superman

In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Superman sacrifices himself to defeat Doomsday, an alien creature hell-bent on destroying the planet. This particular scene is a reference to the iconic Death of Superman comic book, from which Batman v Superman draws heavily. When Superman’s body is being taken away from the wreckage, three crosses burning in the background provide an unmistakable religious symbolism. Here, Zack Snyder references Jesus’ crucifixion, which according to the Bible took place alongside the crucifixion of two criminals.

https://eurweb.com/2016/06/14/religious-symbolism-batman-vs-superman/
http://screenprism.com/insights/article/are-man-of-steel-and-batman-v-superman-religious

IMHO.. Kylo is best represented by Batman, aka The Dark Knight and Rey is without a doubt an Uber Mensch Superman..

As much as it pains me I will have to go back and watch B v S today

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 4:29 pm

@spacebaby45678

Did you read the twitter thread?  ???  Only mentioning because you might not have to watch B v S if you don't want to Smile because there are these tweet gems in the twitter thread, as well Very Happy

" Ok, basically all of Terrio's projects (unproduced) between Argo and Batman V Superman were MUCH more in the vein of Argo. Lots of true stories/historical stuff. Nothing in his filmography gets you to the DC work he did.
Except for Affleck's involvement."

"Terrio: "I began to think Batman and Superman occupy different parts of the mythic imagination. In superhero stories, Batman is Pluto, god of the underworld, and Superman is Apollo, god of the sky. That began to be really interesting to me"  [sounds like a Reylo meta to me ‍♀️]"

"If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would have said you were crazy,” said Terrio. [from an interview in WSJ] Terrio added that the superhero movies that always intrigue him the most were by Chris Nolan."

"What's that, Chris Terrio?  Redeem it in the third part? "

(this is also from the 2016 piece in WSJ)."

https://twitter.com/slipgoingunder/status/1148410956382429205
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 29 Sep 2019, 9:38 pm

I like the way Terrio says Ren and Rey, sounds promising just from that alone.

I was annoyed by this beginning line, from the writers *eye roll*

"Force-assisted discussions that proved part emotional manipulation, part vulnerable heart-to-heart"

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 12:46 am

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:KOR names !!

@Teo oswald

They will have names but based on this tweet we won't probably hear them in the movie. I could be wrong of course. I think the names will show up in the comic The Rise of Kylo Ren. Smile
@Geralt_Riv

Thanks for sharing this!!
- solid source and ... very exciting!! Okay, I'll happily go back to thinking they'll get names! [I mean other than 'grenade head!']
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 5:36 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@spacebaby45678

Did you read the twitter thread?  ???  Only mentioning because you might not have to watch B v S if you don't want to Smile because there are these tweet gems in the twitter thread, as well Very Happy

" Ok, basically all of Terrio's projects (unproduced) between Argo and Batman V Superman were MUCH more in the vein of Argo. Lots of true stories/historical stuff. Nothing in his filmography gets you to the DC work he did.

"Terrio: "I began to think Batman and Superman occupy different parts of the mythic imagination. In superhero stories, Batman is Pluto, god of the underworld, and Superman is Apollo, god of the sky. That began to be really interesting to me"  [sounds like a Reylo meta to me ‍♀️]"

"If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would have said you were crazy,” said Terrio. [from an interview in WSJ] Terrio added that the superhero movies that always intrigue him the most were by Chris Nolan."

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Sorry! I did not get  a chance to read that thread, It didn't catch my attention because you had said it was about Terrio's history and literary references.....However, I will defiantly get around to it.  But, your posting about Terrio and why he was chosen,  was probably working on  my subconscious, jogging memory and making a connection to the line of thought that I had been following.  Myth....

Having already seen B v S, at the during it's original run in theaters.  I thought is was overly symbolic on the Jesus stuff and was slightly disturbed and the time, I think Terrio was a tad heavy handed symbolically but that could be just me being raised a strict evangelical Pentecostal Christian, the symbols of Jesus and Superman and the overt biblical tones were just too obvious.

So my aha!  bounce  Is that Terrio must have done a deep dive into Christian Eschatology. Eschatology, the part of theology concerned with death, judgment, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind.
"Christian hope is concerned with eschatology, or the science of last things"

As a person raised in the faith that was down right obsessed, especially in the eighties, with the end times, revelation and the end of days. I was not particularly looking at the ST from that angle. I was making connections from broader mythology, Jung, Campbell, astrology, astronomy and tarot.  As an aside, I originally began studying mythology to free my mind from orthodox biblical world view. However, out there beyond mythology and religion there is a point of alignment where you cease to see differences and begin to see the original story. The story in the stars.

There is no way a person like Terrio having studied eschatology and understanding REYLO to be a composite Christ would 1. kill of Ben Solo permanently and 2. make Rey the granddaughter of the great Satan

NOPE just NOPE....

Neither of those things are in revelation. and are in fact antithetical to the message of end times, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the return of the messiah as the conquering Lion of Judah, and the locking up of Satan for 1,000 years and a 1,000 years of peace. That is it! That's the story in the last book of the bible...

I KNOW BIBLE : Laughing ... lord, in the denomination that I was raised, reading and memorizing of the bible is an essential part of the faith.. I had thought that my quoting bible verses in relation to the ST was odd.. ah.. but no longer.. it is actually going to come in quite handy.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 7:28 am

@Geralt_Riv wrote:They will have names but based on this tweet we won't probably hear them in the movie. I could be wrong of course. I think the names will show up in the comic The Rise of Kylo Ren. Smile
@Geralt_Riv
Agreed - and/or in the visual dictionaries and similar supplementary materials.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 8:31 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@spacebaby45678

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Sorry! I did not get  a chance to read that thread, It didn't catch my attention because you had said it was about Terrio's history and literary references.....However, I will defiantly get around to it.  But, your posting about Terrio and why he was chosen,  was probably working on  my subconscious, jogging memory and making a connection to the line of thought that I had been following.  Myth....

Having already seen B v S, at the during it's original run in theaters.  I thought is was overly symbolic on the Jesus stuff and was slightly disturbed and the time, I think Terrio was a tad heavy handed symbolically but that could be just me being raised a strict evangelical Pentecostal Christian, the symbols of Jesus and Superman and the overt biblical tones were just too obvious.

So my aha!  bounce  Is that Terrio must have done a deep dive into Christian Eschatology. Eschatology, the part of theology concerned with death, judgment, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind.
"Christian hope is concerned with eschatology, or the science of last things"

As a person raised in the faith that was down right obsessed, especially in the eighties, with the end times, revelation and the end of days. I was not particularly looking at the ST from that angle. I was making connections from broader mythology, Jung, Campbell, astrology, astronomy and tarot.  As an aside, I originally began studying mythology to free my mind from orthodox biblical world view. However, out there beyond mythology and religion there is a point of alignment where you cease to see differences and begin to see the original story. The story in the stars.

There is no way a person like Terrio having studied eschatology and understanding REYLO to be a composite Christ would 1. kill of Ben Solo permanently and 2. make Rey the granddaughter of the great Satan

NOPE just NOPE....

Neither of those things are in revelation. and are in fact antithetical to the message of end times, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the return of the messiah as the conquering Lion of Judah, and the locking up of Satan for 1,000 years and a 1,000 years of peace. That is it! That's the story in the last book of the bible...

I KNOW BIBLE : Laughing ... lord, in the denomination that I was raised, reading and memorizing of the bible is an essential part of the faith.. I had thought that my quoting bible verses in relation to the ST was odd.. ah.. but no longer.. it is actually going to come in quite handy.
@spacebaby45678

This part, especially, jumped out at me of what you mentioned

"There is no way a person like Terrio having studied eschatology and understanding REYLO to be a composite Christ would 1. kill of Ben Solo permanently and 2. make Rey the granddaughter of the great Satan

NOPE just NOPE...."

Truly, if this is what KK and JJ wanted, Terrio would have left the project. The fact that he stayed, and his so spoilerific in what he says in many ways (because he's an intellectual, it's the way he talks, but I bet DLF will be careful with interviews for that purpose) is VERY positive for Bendemption, Reylo, and either Rey Kenobi or Rey Nobody.

Interesting...I was encouraged before, yet now that you introduced more insight about Terrio, I am very encouraged. This might be why JJ wanted Terrio - because he becomes an encyclopedia when things interest him (Daisy talked about how he always had SW reference books), yet because of this mythic knowledge and that he would be steadfast with it. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 2:22 pm

Mara Jade is back. Or not Very Happy I just can’t.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 E8810810

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 12290810

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 05913510
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 30 Sep 2019, 3:23 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:Mara Jade is back. Or not Very Happy I just can’t.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 E8810810

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 12290810

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 05913510
@SanghaRen

Mara Jade found dead in a bathroom stall in Miami.  lol!

I have nothing against Mara Jade as long as she stays in Legends and is not Rey's mother.   Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 8:06 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 9910fe3994bde3351001a6dca4cf3930ee0d854f

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 1381ecbadeb813017228d3e566ab838ec9a358b3

Kintsugi like Kylo is beautiful !!

In it’s philosophy Kintsugi is about keeping an object around even after it is broken. The cracks are highlighted as an event in the life of the object, rather than letting it’s service end at it’s damage or breakage.

In Japanese culture it is seen to have similarities with wabi-sabi, an embracing of the flawed or imperfect.

This is major Kylo Redemption symbolism.

I love JJ and his Japanese influences
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 8:44 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Screen25

Recreating empire cover. Seriously tho, that line with those two together can only mean reylo babies. Ugh.

I was dead set on getting rey first, but then I was like ugh his mask is cool...and after the kintsugi reveal 99% sure I'll get him first.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 11:50 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Tumblr_pypg34jSqL1y8hadgo1_640
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 12:29 pm

Does Jason Fry know the story for TROS?

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 12:34 pm

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Does Jason Fry know the story for TROS?
@Lovely_Rose

I don't think so? Maybe someone knows better than me.. but I believe that the writer for TROS novelization has YET to be announced.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 2:22 pm

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Does Jason Fry know the story for TROS?
@Lovely_Rose

Jason Fry doesn't know anything. I'd wager that the writers of the novelizations probably don't even know information that was otherwise important for them to know for writing their own books.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Tue 01 Oct 2019, 2:23 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 27 Cw779p1afyp31
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down