Jedi: Fallen Order

Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 4:00 pm



There was a gameplay reveal for the new action/adventure title Jed: Fallen Order. I caught it it in the EA updates livestream today. The gameplay looks pretty standard but creative (using a lightsaber as a flashlight, controlling a little pet droid that perches on the hero's back, environmental puzzles using the Force and what appears to be a posture system on bigger enemies).

The story is seemingly about a survivor of the Jedi Order on some kind of mission who is being pursued by Inquisitors.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Armadeus on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 8:55 pm

This is one of my most anticipated games. Gives me a Force Unleashed vibe.

I've had a policy in recent years that I'd never buy a game from EA, but I'm definitely gonna make an exception for this one, especially seeing as the story team is being led by the guy who Mafia III.

Love the little droid too Very Happy

Also, it's cool that they're bringing in the Force freeze ability.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1410
Likes : 4342
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 10:50 pm

The parrot droid is adorable!

Initial thoughts:

-my goodness, he is powerful for a padawan (I believe that is the ranking I've heard), which means Rey and Ben definitely have these powers because they are knight/master level (and the Force will probably unlock more for them because they are unique), so I hope TROS really unleashes with that factor.

-He is violent! In comparison, Kylo/Ben is an angel. Hmmm - love your point LF! haha Although, I admit thinking "that poor stormtrooper, what if he or she is the equivalent of Finn!" lol

I am intrigued about the story, as that unfolds, and I have seen talk that there is a potential for a villainess-hero ship that appears to be occurring. If so - Squee! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 960
Likes : 2781
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Armadeus on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 11:01 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The parrot droid is adorable!

Initial thoughts:

-my goodness, he is powerful for a padawan (I believe that is the ranking I've heard), which means Rey and Ben definitely have these powers because they are knight/master level (and the Force will probably unlock more for them because they are unique), so I hope TROS really unleashes with that factor.

-He is violent! In comparison, Kylo/Ben is an angel. Hmmm - love your point LF! haha Although, I admit thinking "that poor stormtrooper, what if he or she is the equivalent of Finn!" lol

I am intrigued about the story, as that unfolds, and I have seen talk that there is a potential for a villainess-hero ship that appears to be occurring. If so - Squee! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

My headcanon is that he's probably been secretly honing his powers during his time in hiding. Not sure how long after Order 66 the game is set; my guess is at least ten years before ANH considering how young Saw looks.

Hero/villainess ship? Bring it on Very Happy



Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1410
Likes : 4342
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 11:20 pm

@Armadeus wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The parrot droid is adorable!

Initial thoughts:

-my goodness, he is powerful for a padawan (I believe that is the ranking I've heard), which means Rey and Ben definitely have these powers because they are knight/master level (and the Force will probably unlock more for them because they are unique), so I hope TROS really unleashes with that factor.

-He is violent! In comparison, Kylo/Ben is an angel. Hmmm - love your point LF! haha Although, I admit thinking "that poor stormtrooper, what if he or she is the equivalent of Finn!" lol

I am intrigued about the story, as that unfolds, and I have seen talk that there is a potential for a villainess-hero ship that appears to be occurring. If so - Squee! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

My headcanon is that he's probably been secretly honing his powers during his time in hiding. Not sure how long after Order 66 the game is set; my guess is at least ten years before ANH considering how young Saw looks.

Hero/villainess ship? Bring it on Very Happy



@Armadeus

Very Happy Corseque has a great twitter thread about it the potential of a Second Sister falling in love with this scavenger Jedi Very Happy

https://twitter.com/northgalis/status/1137393341069316096

Excellent point about how he became so powerful, regardless if his official title was Padawan. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 960
Likes : 2781
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 6:24 am

A cool article about how the gameplay and level design take inspiration from Metroidvania and Dark Souls: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/08/the-metroid-and-dark-souls-inspirations-of-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Armadeus on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 7:51 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:A cool article about how the gameplay and level design take inspiration from Metroidvania and Dark Souls: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/08/the-metroid-and-dark-souls-inspirations-of-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order
@FrolickingFizzgig

Interesting... definitely digging the Metroid inspirations.

I was getting a bit of a Sekiro vibe from the fight with the Purge Trooper. Can't wait to find out what a fight with Second Sister will be like.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1410
Likes : 4342
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 8:12 pm

@Armadeus wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:A cool article about how the gameplay and level design take inspiration from Metroidvania and Dark Souls: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/08/the-metroid-and-dark-souls-inspirations-of-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order
@FrolickingFizzgig

Interesting... definitely digging the Metroid inspirations.

I was getting a bit of a Sekiro vibe from the fight with the Purge Trooper. Can't wait to find out what a fight with Second Sister will be like.
@Armadeus
I got Sekiro vibes too, and that's a good thing. I doubt it'll be that polished but I guess we'll see!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4132
Likes : 35788
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Armadeus on Wed 26 Jun 2019, 8:55 pm

I know I shouldn't get excited... but I'm kinda excited.

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1410
Likes : 4342
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by californiagirl on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 1:33 am

Ugh, they decided a male protagonist was necessary literally because Rey exists. Seriously, most of the EU shows, books, comics etc. are made by and for men, but apparently the developers feel threatened by one trilogy having a female lead. I know that both gaming and comics are especially male-dominated, and that's kind of shown in parts of SW the past couple of months.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-protagonist-is-male-because-of-rey/

Jedi: Fallen Order Scree517
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1566
Likes : 7746
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 8:20 am

@californiagirl wrote:Ugh, they decided a male protagonist was necessary literally because Rey exists. Seriously, most of the EU shows, books, comics etc. are made by and for men, but apparently the developers feel threatened by one trilogy having a female lead. I know that both gaming and comics are especially male-dominated, and that's kind of shown in parts of SW the past couple of months.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-protagonist-is-male-because-of-rey/

Jedi: Fallen Order Scree517
@californiagirl

When I was watching the livestream for the SDCC panel about this, and they were describing the character, I remember thinking, "This is a male Rey. Um??" But I then squashed it down because SW/LF was pushing inclusivisity. After the infamous DV comic, it became apparent that there are spheres within the business, including LF, that have the same attitude as the dudebros/fanboys. It's disheartening, which is why a sassy part of me hopes this fails, and the ST/TROS soars and soars with success. When KK talks about inclusivity, I am certain she believes it, yet this sticks around like finding gum underneath a desk. Ugh so annoying.

I'm really shocked they admitted this publicly, unless they truly thought it would not be discovered, which is naive in this internet age. And if they wanted it to be discovered, so grade school. lol It's "Girls are smelly! No girls!" haha Careful what you wish for dude!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 960
Likes : 2781
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum