Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 6:57 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cm7oit/msw_podcast_tidbits/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

You know what’s weird about the Lando telling something to Finn and Poe about Rey scenario? He Who Shan't Be Named . He’s been saying this for months . Have they got the same source I wonder ?
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Chris24601 on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 3:20 pm

@AhsokaTano
Wow... Jason thinks that artistic depiction looks like the one from TFA in Rey's Forceback vision? If so, he needs his glasses prescription checked.

I'll admit, the snippet of the ship in the TRoS teaser looks a bit like the one from Rey's vision, but the thing drawn there with the massive funnels looks NOTHING like it at all.

I chalk this one up to the antis being so desperate for ANYTHING to make Rey more than a nobody orphan of random junk traders that they're starting to see things that aren't there.

Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is usually correct. The simplest explanation is that Rey is exactly what Kylo expressed to her. There might be a bit more to the story in terms of why her parents were junk traders on Jakku (for example, they were Imperials stranded after the Battle of Jakku), but its not going to be some game changer like she's actually Palpatine's clone or something (for one thing, all the Emperor's secret base stuff never showed up outside of novels so it'd feel like it came from nowhere for general audiences).

About the only plot-relevant thing I could see coming from Rey's parentage would be her learning a definitive surname so she can then reject it in favor of the Solo surname (i.e. not defined by her past, but her future).

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 3:33 pm

Letting go of the past is a theme of the ST, whether it's Kylo telling Rey to 'let the past die' to Luke finally accepting his past mistakes to Maz telling Rey her belonging lay ahead, not behind her.

So...what does the future hold?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 4:23 pm

Even if Lando tells Poe and Finn something about Rey why would it have to be about her parents? It would be kinda weird if that's the reveal, coming from Lando and to her friends lol.

I do think they might connect her to Palatine in some way, even if it's not a blood relation but probably not something as weird as her being a clone.

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 4:33 pm

I imagine that If Lando knows something about Rey that probably is about the mcguffin (and her relation to It). Unless zori is her mother and he knows zori. This part of the movie is still somehow a mistery I guess . Somehow kylo's plot leaked earlier this time

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Letting go of the past is a theme of the ST, whether it's Kylo telling Rey to 'let the past die' to Luke finally accepting his past mistakes to Maz telling Rey her belonging lay ahead, not behind her.

So...what does the future hold?
@motherofpearl1

The future holds happiness for the Skywalkers and the Solos Very Happy Smile Razz
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 4:27 am

So I am checking out some Galaxies Edge home videos on YT, and it seems that the FO thanks all of their visitors for their Allegiance. Now we have the comic book series coming in the fall called Allegiance and also the new General. Allegiant General Pryde. I am really curious to see how all of these things connect.

Iger confirms the rumors that GE grand opening may have had a negative effect on the Disney Parks attendance are true. Haan

Something else I have been contemplating or wondering if Kerri Russell's famous Felicity hair cut had anything to do with DR having a hair cut at the wrap party for TROS? Which then led me to research more about the Iconic hair cut that created a rating crash and a huge backlash. I found that for me it has conjunction with Rey Nobody and the public reaction/backlash to TLJ, and maybe one of the causes of the low attendance for GE this past summer. "one" of the causes as I am sure there are other a myriad of other factors that have caused the attendance drop, for instance, price hikes, reservations, none of the OT/PT main characters being included.  etc.  

The Real Story Behind Felicity's Infamous Haircut That Caused Death Threats, a Ratings Crash and Changed TV Forever

"The way it all totally went down, was they were wrapping up the first season…and the hair people were putting away everything they had into boxes and there was a little boy's wig," Russell explained. "We put it on me at like 2 in the morning as a joke…and we took a polaroid and over the summer we thought it'd be really funny to send to J.J. (Abrams) and Matt (Reeves) and say, 'I cut my hair — hope you like it.' Totally as a joke."

Her joke became their inspiration, as Abrams then called Russell to ask her if she would seriously consider cutting her hair.

"I was with my girlfriends at some lake and I got this phone call…and [Abrams] said, 'Hey, we got your picture.' No laughing. No nothing. ‘Would you really cut your hair?' And I was like, 'I guess?'"

Brad Turell, a spokesman for WB at the time, issued a statement to The New York Times about the backlash to the cut, saying, ''We got a lot of e-mails and letters and feedback from our friends in the industry who were fans of the show. People were disappointed and angry at us and at Keri for cutting off her hair. 'Who made that decision?' they asked. Women kind of identified with her. When she cut her hair, they basically said, 'I don't want to be that person; it ruins the illusion for me.' We heard that over and over again.''

Felicity's hair cut = The Rey Nobody Moment. You are "nothing" breaks the fairy tale, and pops the bubble of 40 years of collective mythos that SW has built itself on.

Why, is the question, is it because Felicity, as she was when people started watching her "look", became part of the mythos.
myth or mythology. (in literature) a traditional or recurrent narrative theme or plot structure.Star Wars is a recurrent narrative theme, and Rey Nobody does not fit in that mythos.  Luke was nobody for a good 30 minutes of ANH when he learns that his Uncle had lied to him and told him that his Uncle was a navigator on a spice freighter. Then, Obi tells him the "truth" but not all the truth, that his father was a Jedi Knight and the best pilot in the galaxy. Then Luke learns the WHOLE truth in ESB. Anakin was the product of a virgin birth which automatically makes him not a nobody... but a demi-god.

Another thing that really catches my attention is how people that are staunch Rey Nobody fans still are finding ways to connect her to the Saga, whether that be reverse Anidala, or Rey as the reincarnation of Padme, or Rey Virgin Mary mother of future Solo/Skywalkers. Ignoring the fact that Virgin Mary " a lowly poor nobody" had the royal blood lineage of the House of David, the first King of a united Israel, that gave Jesus the right to be the Messiah, King of the Jews, Lion of the tribe of Judah. Or Rey is a descendent of Palpatine or Sith, or her junker parents somehow are connected to Palpatine through Jakku ( whatever that means)  all of these theories are still reaching for a lineage of some sort for Rey or a cause for her abilities. The truth is that in order to end this saga mythology with Rey as the protagonist, she will have to connect both the past, OT & PT, and the future. How JJ is going to do that is still a mystery.

I unabashedly stan Rey Kenobi cheers Return of the King,  Dawn of the new age and avatar/messiah of the New Age of Aquarius.

Being against Bendemption is anti-GFFA mythos but Rey Nobody is also anti-GFFA mythos.

There is a spiritual alchemical purpose of the protagonist being of secret royal lineage, and it is not to link back to an old white male or have privilege based on birth for raison d'être. it is that we are all the son/daughter of the King. It is for us as the audience to have that PERSONAL realization.  Of course, anyone can be a hero but the protagonist is a cipher for our own spiritual estate, inheritance, and transformation.

JOSEPH CAMPBELL: And from the Upanishad: “Then he realized, I indeed am this creation, for I have poured it forth from myself. In that way he became this creation, and verily he who knows this becomes in this creation a creator.” That’s the clincher there. When you know this, then you’ve identified with the creative principle yourself, which is the God-power in the world, which means in you. It’s beautiful.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 5:17 am

@spacebaby45678
I would love an inversion of Return of the king ie everyone kneeling before Rey including Ben ( Ben seems to be on his knees a lot when she is around in the sequel trilogy which to me suggests likely foreshadowing )and to add icing on the cake if Rey is like a virgin Mary figure then she could be from a mandalorian house wielding the darksaber. I will lose it in the theatre/cinema if this happens-in a good way ( I lost it when the same thing happened to Bo Katan in Rebels ). Smile

Regarding the haircut .I really don’t have an issue with Rey and short hair and find it difficult to see what’s going on in the fandom over this . I’ve had both long and short hair and don’t see the issue and why it’s become one .In light of this though it has made me see the mirror sequence in the dark side cave on anch to in a different light because am not sure if Rey sees Ben or herself anymore since the new short haircut looks very much like Ben’s . This would change the meaning completely. If it’s Ben she sees then it’s foreshadowing that Ben is family and will be hers but if it’s herself then it means she is the family she needs and is self reliant ? The latter sounds a bit lonely to me.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 6b603310
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 F545e710
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 A4a6ae10

Also obviously I don’t know how they are going to end this trilogy and whole saga but if Rey and Kylo represent the force and both sides of it and the energy in between that makes up the force then what is the force if not love ? Love makes the world go round as they say and the force is this . Maybe that’s who the protagonist is after all ? Two halves of a whole . Two halves of the force = heart of the force = love .
I think this cute little gif here sums it up - only I can’t post gifs so I’ve tried to screenshoot it so you can see . In some of JJ’s other work ie lost series the heart of the island and protecting it was sacred . The same goes for marvel - protecting the heart ( why most of the superheroes have emblems or constructions on or around the heart ). The heart is the key and Rey and Kylo are the beating heart of the force .

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 02813810Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 5c3d4210
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 E2c4ec10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 73fd2110
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:01 am

The more I see the mirror cave scene, the more I'm convinced that what Rey saw in that reflection was herself and Ben/Kylo.

It ties in with Maz saying that the belonging she sought lay ahead, and Kylo telling her to forget the past and her parents and look to the future.
I can't help but think it's also true for Kylo....Han and Luke are dead, Leia will likely die and who will he have left? And there's also the way they emphasised Finn's partner going forward will be Rose.
Finn has found his family with the Resistance, but....I couldn't help but notice how alone Rey seemed at the end.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 12:39 pm

Lando knowing something about Rey that he tells to Poe & Finn? Rey Solo?? Lando does know Qi'ra, Qi'ra knew Lando before Han knew Lando.
Maybe Qi'ra, as I have previously speculated, is Rey's mum.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 12:50 pm

Please don't let Han be her father.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 2:03 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Please don't let Han be her father.
@motherofpearl1

Yeah, JJ himself said Rey's parents are not in Episode VII. . And last time I watched the movie BOTH Han & Leia were in it so no he isn't her dad.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm

The only way I want Rey as a Solo is if she marries Ben!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 3:18 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Lando knowing something about Rey that he tells to Poe & Finn? Rey Solo?? Lando does know Qi'ra, Qi'ra knew Lando before Han knew Lando.
@spacebaby45678

So you're saying this is about Han cheating on Leia?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 3:20 pm

@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Lando knowing something about Rey that he tells to Poe & Finn? Rey Solo?? Lando does know Qi'ra, Qi'ra knew Lando before Han knew Lando.
@spacebaby45678

So you're saying this is about Han cheating on Leia?
@Dar-ren19

NEVER in a million years would the thought EVER occur to me. Only, some short sighted fanboys would entertain that sacrilege.

My theory is that Qi'ra is Rey's mum and it has nothing to do with Han at all.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 3:22 pm

Well, they split long before he met Leia....and Rey is younger than Ben.
Whatever....the plots thicken.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 3:28 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Well, they split long before he met Leia....and Rey is younger than Ben.
Whatever....the plots thicken.

@motherofpearl1

Yes, and frankly I don't know why and how Q'ira would even enter the equation. As far as I am concerned (and LF), Q'ira as a character is over and done with.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 4:10 pm

How do we know what LF is up to with any character? One of the KOR has an ancient Mando weapon that was last seen in Qi'ra's Lair.

It is just a fun theory that I have, I am in no way attached to it, so we shall see...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 4:15 pm

unfortunately I have not found high resolution images Sad

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Tumblr_pvvtqcMEvL1x0nywuo1_540

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 F28c0ebe9cc2bc360aa4ae4ddee12b6870b5fe87
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 4:17 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 0a79426b2e789b1cac36eb475fc88f0610e83cb8

New #StarWars reference book, #SecretsOfTheJedi announced. It features all new YADDLE art, so you damn well know it's an instant purchase at this point.

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1159183552564670464
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 5:10 pm

@Teo oswald thanks for sharing! Where is this content from Teo Oswald?
Looks to be a Luke diary? in tradition of obi-wan’s journal in the Star Wars comic. and bit like the Jedi path -which had some entries in the margins from Luke but I think is not canon no? Oh and Rey had one too didn’t she. Did poe have one or something?

Yaddle art? Lol!

I am a bit wary of these kinds of books since ultimate Star Wars was a disappointment for me, I am thinking I’ll hold off buying anything till after 9 is released and the kylo ren arc is done!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm

Baby Ben Solo in Star Wars Roll Out  https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-roll-out

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 488f05887e556f19dbe19270094555c819202a93

Matt essentially confirmed it is Baby Ben Solo! Very Happy

https://twitter.com/pacificwandere1/status/1159216457575649286?s=20

Tweet he replied to said "I have a feeling based off the what he's wearing he's a young Ben Solo."

My goodness! The Bendemption train is amazing! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 6:26 pm

Oh wow he's dressed just like Han. That's so adorable

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 10:24 pm

Baby Ben! I love you I love you I love you
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 10:59 pm

Very positive signs Ben will pilot the MF in TRoS, yet now I wonder....if he will wear Han-type clothing when he does. Very Happy Smile Somewhere I read today (twitter or tumblr) a great theory - he needs to (wants to) change out of his SL clothing, and he finds his father's clothes in the MF, and in honor of his father (the stages of his grief and redemption), he wears his clothes. If that happens, so very awesome! Trying not to have a must list of things I want to see, but damn - that will be awesome!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum