Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 3:16 am

@DeeBee

I found this book and wanted to share it with you, but I don't know if it's Canon ...maybe , sorry Sad

here you can pre-order

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Secrets-Marc-Sumerak/dp/1683837029/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=Secrets+of+the+Jedi&qid=1565205838&s=gateway&sr=8-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=cinelinx-20&linkId=3f871afebbed8124a8223fc8511dd463&language=en_US

Discover the world of Star Wars’ Jedi through this fun and fully interactive reading experience. Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi is the ultimate in-universe guide to the world of the Jedi, transporting young readers to a galaxy far, far away through interactive features, fascinating facts, and captivating insights. With thrilling original illustrations and amazing special features including lift-the-flaps, textures, and more, Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi is guaranteed to thrill the saga’s legions of young fans. wrote:

I am thinking I’ll hold off buying anything till after 9 is released and the kylo ren arc is done! wrote:
I agree with you Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nana7marie on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 3:41 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey I was thinking maybe it’s Poe but these clothes don’t resemble either his TFA or TLJ outfit (or TRoS for that matter) - Ben Solo being just like his father, d’aww! H-beating

As for Kylo’s post-redemption look - Adam Driver is good-looking regardless, but black is definitely his colour, so if we see Kylo change, I hope it’s something dark Lolilol
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 4:13 am

@Teo oswald wrote:@DeeBee

I found this book and wanted to share it with you, but I don't know if it's Canon ...maybe , sorry Sad

here you can pre-order

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Secrets-Marc-Sumerak/dp/1683837029/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=Secrets+of+the+Jedi&qid=1565205838&s=gateway&sr=8-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=cinelinx-20&linkId=3f871afebbed8124a8223fc8511dd463&language=en_US

Discover the world of Star Wars’ Jedi through this fun and fully interactive reading experience. Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi is the ultimate in-universe guide to the world of the Jedi, transporting young readers to a galaxy far, far away through interactive features, fascinating facts, and captivating insights. With thrilling original illustrations and amazing special features including lift-the-flaps, textures, and more, Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi is guaranteed to thrill the saga’s legions of young fans. wrote:

I am thinking I’ll hold off buying anything till after 9 is released and the kylo ren arc is done! wrote:
I agree with you Smile
@Teo oswald

Hi Teo oswald, they are talking about Secrets of the Jedi on the latest Star Wars show - giving details.. so looks like it's canon to me!
They take a look at the baby star wars characters 'BB-8 rollout' too.... there's a 30 second cartoon about it - and it looks like the baby ben solo is always bouncing above the baby stormtroopers.

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 8:55 am

@Teo oswald wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 4 0a79426b2e789b1cac36eb475fc88f0610e83cb8

New #StarWars reference book, #SecretsOfTheJedi announced. It features all new YADDLE art, so you damn well know it's an instant purchase at this point.

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1159183552564670464
@Teo oswald

what an interesting placement of characters.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 10:32 am

@nana7marie wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey I was thinking maybe it’s Poe but these clothes don’t resemble either his TFA or TLJ outfit (or TRoS for that matter) - Ben Solo being just like his father, d’aww! H-beating

As for Kylo’s post-redemption look - Adam Driver is good-looking regardless, but black is definitely his colour, so if we see Kylo change, I hope it’s something dark Lolilol
@nana7marie

I'll be honest! I initially would have thought Poe, too because we're pre-TROS too. Smile

I discovered all this after the roll out (pun intended haha Very Happy), and Matt winked it's Ben. In fact, he received a tweet asking if it's Poe, before he winked saying it's Ben, and his response was "It's not Poe. I'm not sure if I can confirm who it is...but there aren't a whole lot of options." Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 2:48 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Very positive signs Ben will pilot the MF in TRoS, yet now I wonder....if he will wear Han-type clothing when he does. Very Happy Smile  Somewhere I read today (twitter or tumblr) a great theory - he needs to (wants to) change out of his SL clothing, and he finds his father's clothes in the MF, and in honor of his father (the stages of his grief and redemption), he wears his clothes.  If that happens, so very awesome!  Trying not to have a must list of things I want to see, but damn - that will be awesome!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh my goodness. Now, I don't know if that's the last scene that Kevin Smith would have found mind-melting, but that would certainly melt my heart. I love you I am kind of hoping I come out of this movie sobbing--but with happiness. Wink
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 3:02 pm

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Very positive signs Ben will pilot the MF in TRoS, yet now I wonder....if he will wear Han-type clothing when he does. Very Happy Smile  Somewhere I read today (twitter or tumblr) a great theory - he needs to (wants to) change out of his SL clothing, and he finds his father's clothes in the MF, and in honor of his father (the stages of his grief and redemption), he wears his clothes.  If that happens, so very awesome!  Trying not to have a must list of things I want to see, but damn - that will be awesome!
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Oh my goodness. Now, I don't know if that's the last scene that Kevin Smith would have found mind-melting, but that would certainly melt my heart. I love you I am kind of hoping I come out of this movie sobbing--but with happiness. Wink
@12 Parsnips

Kevin Smith is about the OT, plus I don't know the specifics of what he said (or if he misunderstood what was told him, and relayed incorrect information). On the other hand, he may be a Fanboy OT, but he's not a dudebro. lol

I'm thinking he saw something (or knows something) that echoes the medal ceremony and/or the MF.

So many thoughts and possibilities swirling! Very Happy Regardless, it's going to be phenomenal...I am quite certain of that! Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 2:57 am

Hey all, secrets of the Jedi and the rollout book are giving me life! Seeing Jedi Ben holding the skywalker saber And little Ben in Han like clothes . And that secrets of the Jedi book has lift the flaps ( even more secrets underneath ...). Wonderful ! Smile I love you

Regarding Kira as possible mother for Rey ( but different father ) I could potentially see that happening ( am not saying it will though as Lucasfilm might have other ideas ) because her name practically means the same as Rey and she was a queen too - of crimson dawn ( she took dryden’s place ) the underworld and this could be foreshadowing that her daughter will be a bigger queen/king . Anyway there are lots of possibilities for the outcome and that’s just one of them. Rey’s name means king so one thing is for sure she has a huge powerful destiny ahead of her. Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 4:05 am

@DeeBee

Thanks for the informations Very Happy

@Gemini

Yep Smile and the cover is so good !!!
interesting to see the layout of the characters
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 12:59 pm

@AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all, secrets of the Jedi and the rollout book are giving me life! Seeing Jedi Ben holding the skywalker saber And little Ben in Han like clothes . And that secrets of the Jedi book has lift the flaps ( even more secrets underneath ...). Wonderful ! Smile I love you

Regarding Kira as possible mother for Rey ( but different father ) I could potentially see that happening ( am not saying it will though as Lucasfilm might have other ideas ) because her name practically means the same as Rey and she was a queen too - of crimson dawn ( she took dryden’s place ) the underworld and this could be foreshadowing that her daughter will be a bigger queen/king . Anyway there are lots of possibilities for the outcome and that’s just one of them. Rey’s name means king so one thing is for sure she has a huge powerful destiny ahead of her. Smile
@AhsokaTano

I've often wondered about this too! Totally OK if it doesn't happen, yet if it does...wonderful connection to the Solo movie! She was a phenomenal character, and I really hope it was a wink/breadcrumb that she will be in TRoS. If not, I know there are Disney+ possibilities, but I admit this would be a cherry on top! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 1:06 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:@DeeBee

Thanks for the informations Very Happy

@Gemini

Yep Smile and the cover is so good !!!
interesting to see the layout of the characters
@Teo oswald

Blissful, exciting theory on tumblr that an image in the Secrets of the Jedi book hints at a Force Ghost A-Team in TRoS Very Happy I admit that I am hoping!

https://akylodarkly83.tumblr.com/post/186877289497/a-thing-i-did-on-twitter-akylodarkly83#notes
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 2:44 pm

If Anakin was a force ghost that regularly communed with Luke up until the time when he shut himself off from the Force. I guess, Kylo can't be the reincarnation of Anakin? Confus So, therefore, we can conclude that Rey is not a reincarnation of Padme either. Confus So the reincarnation version of "reverse Anidala" Wayward Jedi theory, just lost a foothold. It lost its last pinky toe hold.

Now that it has been confirmed that Rey was abandoned and dropped off on Jakku, Rey has no initial relationship to all of Palpy's shenanigans on Jakku. So, therefore, she probably is not a clone. She could still be Palpy's granddaughter but I doubt it. The question then becomes, how and why does Luke find Rey "familiar".
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 3:12 pm

I recall Wayward Jedi saying that if Force Ghost Anakin appears, there goes his reincarnation theory, and he's OK with that.

Moreover, I saved his meta "Luminous Beings – A Star Wars Theory of
Everything", and he wrote:

"Lucasfilm can do whatever they want at this point. I just want a good
holiday season popcorn flick with a decent message about loving thy neighbor.
I’ve studied enough about this story to learn that I have to let go of everything I
fear to lose, and that includes all of the predictions I’ve made in this essay. The last
thing I want to become is an overly attached fan who is possessive of a franchise
he has no control over, who then lashes out in anger and rage when I don’t get
what I want. I hope that no matter where you stand on the state of the Star Wars
franchise, you too can also unlearn what you have learned and come to enjoy the
Star Wars films for what they really are, fantasy films written primarily for
twelve-year-old kids with some meaningful psychological motifs about growing
up."
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 3:25 pm

Lovely statement, but Star Wars is for everyone.
When I was twelve I went to see it with my dad, who was forty six at the time.
He loved it.
My mum hated sci fi.
Three years later she came with us to see ESB.
She said it was the best film she'd ever seen.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 3:36 pm

Oh I agree! Only illustrating that Wayward Jedi had (and has!) amazing theories, yet he wasn't (I presume isn't - still is) married to them. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 3:47 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

Blissful, exciting theory on tumblr that an image in the Secrets of the Jedi book hints at a Force Ghost A-Team in TRoS Very Happy I admit that I am hoping!

https://akylodarkly83.tumblr.com/post/186877289497/a-thing-i-did-on-twitter-akylodarkly83#notes
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Count me in. I’ve had this image of a FG team since the trailer and knowing that Palps is back in some form. Although in my headcanon, I see them bringing Ben back to life if he dies destroying Palps.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 4:05 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Woah ! I’ve just clicked on that tumblr link and now I can’t unsee this - so all the guardians of whills represent an aspect of human spirit which also makes up the spirit of the force ( how to become the chosen one in a way , the path to enlightenment). So they could be going for a 7 gifts of the holy force thing which would include Rey and kylo( if ultimately we are taking powerful force users ) so you would have :
Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel(balance),
Strengthen or fortitude,
Knowledge
Piety ie devotion & duty
Fear of the force ie wonder and awe in the presence of the force
Question is who would represent which one ???
I think yoda definitely wisdom but the others could be any of the other qualities . Or maybe the point is you reach enlightenment when you have all 7 aspects and enlightenment is balance ( good counsel ).
Am going to say a bit more about something regarding this but linking it to Metatron in the ST tarot thread because yesterday through one of the Star Wars games( knights of old republic) I came across a discussion about lord vitiate and how his body is supposedly buried on .. Yavin( his spirit of course lives on from host to host - weakened but not destroyed because how do you destroy the spirit ? ) . There are rumours we are going back to Yavin in TROS right so maybe it ties into his tomb after all isn’t there a Sith temple there? That wasn’t all- the discussion then brought up how Vitiate was known as “ The voice “. And that’s when it hit me - Metatron. The path to enlightenment....Question is how far down the rabbit hole will Star Wars go .Anyway this is more a discussion for the thread i mentioned above with its mysticism. Take with pinch/grain of salt as always .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 4:18 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I recall Wayward Jedi saying that if Force Ghost Anakin appears, there goes his reincarnation theory, and he's OK with that.

I’ve studied enough about this story to learn that I have to let go of everything I
fear to lose, and that includes all of the predictions I’ve made in this essay. The last
thing I want to become is an overly attached fan who is possessive of a franchise
what I want. I hope that no matter where you stand on the state of the Star Wars
up."
@SW_Heroine_Journey
True, but I've seen some Reylos speculate that maybe it's not a literal reincarnation, that it could be metaphorical (Ben and Rey completing Anakin and Padmés arcs). I think that could be cool.
I think the real question here is: Why didn't he speak to Ben? My assumption is that he couldn't because of Palpatine/Snoke being inside Ben's mind, but if that's the case, why didn't he tell Luke what was happening? So many questions... Laughing
By the way, has anyone played/watched videos of Vader immortal? because:
Spoiler:
this book mentions priestesses, and in the game you need to find a priestess who tells you a very interesting story Ninja . I 100% recommend it. You can see it here if you're interested:
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 7:27 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Count me in. I’ve had this image of a FG team since the trailer and knowing that Palps is back in some form. Although in my headcanon, I see them bringing Ben back to life if he dies destroying Palps.
@SanghaRen

I am dizzy excited about the potential!  

My personal daydream has Ben and Rey personally battling Palpatine (and it will cost Ben his life); therefore, I agree with you that their part will be helping Rey to bring him to life.  

Same time, if my predictions are wrong..cool! lol  I am ready for what movie cinema magic awaits! Very Happy Smile
@AhsokaTano wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
Woah ! I’ve just clicked on that tumblr link and now I can’t unsee this - so all the guardians of whills represent an aspect of human spirit which also makes up the spirit of the force ( how to become the chosen one in a way , the path to enlightenment).   So they could be going for a 7 gifts of the holy  force thing which would include Rey and kylo( if ultimately we are taking powerful force users ) so you would have :
Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel(balance),
Strengthen  or fortitude,
Knowledge
Piety ie devotion & duty
Fear of the force ie wonder and awe in the presence of the force
Question is who would represent which one ???
I think yoda definitely wisdom but the others could be any of the other qualities . Or maybe the point is you reach enlightenment when you have all 7 aspects and enlightenment is balance ( good counsel ).
Am going to say a bit more about something regarding this but linking it to Metatron in the ST tarot thread because yesterday through one of the Star Wars games( knights of old republic)  I came across a discussion about lord vitiate and how his body is supposedly buried on .. Yavin( his spirit of course lives on from host to host - weakened but not destroyed because how do you destroy the spirit ? ) . There are rumours we are going back to Yavin in TROS right  so maybe it ties into his tomb after all isn’t there a Sith temple there? That wasn’t all- the discussion then brought up how Vitiate was known as “ The voice “. And that’s when it hit me - Metatron. The path to enlightenment....Question is how far down the rabbit hole will Star Wars go .Anyway this is more a discussion for the thread i mentioned above with its mysticism. Take with pinch/grain of salt as always .
@AhsokaTano

Love the wisdom you have, along with others (i.e. the tumblr creator) with mysticism.  A part of me hopes TRoS gets spiritual weird!  I know it won't get to out there because of the GA, then again - Aquaman was quite bonkers Razz (I know not DLF, yet it's an indication a franchise film can go all out lol) and Solo said "Look! Maul!" and figured if anyone in the GA was curious, they'd look into it. Smile Very Happy
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:I recall Wayward Jedi saying that if Force Ghost Anakin appears, there goes his reincarnation theory, and he's OK with that.

up."
@SW_Heroine_Journey
True, but I've seen some Reylos speculate that maybe it's not a literal reincarnation, that it could be metaphorical (Ben and Rey completing Anakin and Padmés arcs). I think that could be cool.
I think the real question here is: Why didn't he speak to Ben? My assumption is that he couldn't because of Palpatine/Snoke being inside Ben's mind, but if that's the case, why didn't he tell Luke what was happening? So many questions... Laughing
By the way, has anyone played/watched videos of Vader immortal? because:
Spoiler:
this book mentions priestesses, and in the game you need to find a priestess who tells you a very interesting story Ninja . I 100% recommend it. You can see it here if you're interested:
@Moonlight13

Indeed! So many questions!  Yoda, until TLJ, was obviously silent too - and then the others....there is a reason why, which ties into Anakin, and I hope we find out.  If not, I'll overlook it with Reylo and Bendemption, but it is a "wait a second" sort of thing. lol  

With Anakin/Ben, and Rey/Padme, I definitely agree there are intentional parallels, regardless if it's actual reincarnation or the metaphorical.  Possessive love destroyed the galaxy, and it's selfless love that will save it.   Very Happy

OMG! Moana vibes!  I even was reminded of the beginning of the movie, when Grandma told the story! Very Happy Smile  oooooOOOH!!!!

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : triple posting (we're allowed to do it only if there are several hours, a day, etc. between posts))
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 9:40 pm

@AhsokaTano @Moonlight13 @SW_Heroine_Journey -Hello! Interesting discussions!!
I'm one of those reylos who doesn't think the reincarnation would be literal.. I don't think it needs to be, and LF likes to keep it's options open. Then again maybe it does need to be and I don't know it yet. ha!

I'm tempted to buy this Secrets of the Jedi book more and more. lol. I am hoping lots of content from The Jedi path is now being brought into canon through this new book.

This era between ROTJ and TFA is very curious - we know so little.. Does Ben Solo know about force ghosts? has he ever interacted with any? It does seem safe to conclude he never interacted with Anakin - who is probably the one he would have wanted to speak with the most.. and why not? hmm...
Somewhere here on this forum (sorry) the question of Rey and her raw power going under the radar recently came up..
My current thinking is that both these curiosities might have the same answer - After ROTJ the force kind of went to sleep- and then we rejoin the saga when the force is awakening...
In the Poe Dameron comic issue 25 (set just before TFA) Lor San Tekka thinks he's about to die, and so he records via audio file what he has learned about the force:
Lor San Tekka wrote: I must begin by admitting that I cannot touch the force. I can only study it. And so, all of my conclusions might be wrong. But I think in some ways that distance has helped me move toward understanding. I see the force differently than a Jedi might. Even if I cannot touch it, I can certainly say that the force touches me..as it does all beings. It moves like a sea, it has tides. Sometimes it recedes from the galaxy, and its influence can barely be felt. And then it rushes back, and the great certainties become uncertain and all is change.
It is as if when the force is prominent those who seize it can reshape the galaxy as they choose.
I believe we are about to re-enter such a period now. Force-related sites across the galaxy have become active...expectant. Something is coming. Light and dark will battle yet again. And I have lived long enough to know this... either side can win.
I shared this section when it was first published in early 2018 - HERE
After ROTJ, the force receded from the galaxy, and it's influence could barely be felt.
With TFA, the force is rushing back - it's prominent again.

Rey's connection to the force was always there, but once the force started to rush back in to the galaxy like a king tide, her powers began to increase exponentially - and this coincided with her leaving Jakku...
I also wonder if the awakening was what triggered the start of the 'strange connection' between Rey and Kylo felt on Takodana when they met but.. I digress..

It's funny to come back to this Lor San Tekka content now that we know Palpatine is making some kind of appearance in TROS- it certainly gives this dialogue new meaning - The force awakening is an opportunity for Palpatine to seize this power, and reshape the galaxy as he chooses... it also explains why Palpatine is coming back now. I thought LST could be referring to Rey and Ben but it can equally apply to Palpatine.
The part about force-related sites becoming active and expectant is super interesting for what may be coming up in TROS!

If the force recedes and its influence is barely felt for a time, it makes sense to me that this would mean force ghosts are not able to connect with the living in a way they could when the force is prominent again. This could explain why Anakin never visited with Ben.

It seems Ben has always demonstrated he was powerful in the force - maybe the skywalker bloodline are impacted less by the receding of the force. I can't remember where but did Snoke comment Kylo's powers are growing? His powers may have always been strong, but with the force coming back into prominence they may have increased... and... as the darkness rose, so did the light to meet it?
thoughts?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 09 Aug 2019, 10:14 pm

@DeeBee wrote:@AhsokaTano @Moonlight13 @SW_Heroine_Journey -Hello! Interesting discussions!!
I'm one of those reylos who doesn't think the reincarnation would be literal.. I don't think it needs to be, and LF likes to keep it's options open. Then again maybe it does need to be and I don't know it yet. ha!

I'm tempted to buy this Secrets of the Jedi book more and more. lol. I am hoping lots of content from The Jedi path is now being brought into canon through this new book.

This era between ROTJ and TFA is very curious - we know so little.. Does Ben Solo know about force ghosts? has he ever interacted with any? It does seem safe to conclude he never interacted with Anakin - who is probably the one he would have wanted to speak with the most.. and why not? hmm...
Somewhere here on this forum (sorry) the question of Rey and her raw power going under the radar recently came up..
My current thinking is that both these curiosities might have the same answer - After ROTJ the force kind of went to sleep- and then we rejoin the saga when the force is awakening...
In the Poe Dameron comic issue 25 (set just before TFA) Lor San Tekka thinks he's about to die, and so he records via audio file what he has learned about the force:
Lor San Tekka wrote: I must begin by admitting that I cannot touch the force. I can only study it. And so, all of my conclusions might be wrong. But I think in some ways that distance has helped me move toward understanding. I see the force differently than a Jedi might. Even if I cannot touch it, I can certainly say that the force touches me..as it does all beings. It moves like a sea, it has tides. Sometimes it recedes from the galaxy, and its influence can barely be felt. And then it rushes back, and the great certainties become uncertain and all is change.
It is as if when the force is prominent those who seize it can reshape the galaxy as they choose.
I believe we are about to re-enter such a period now. Force-related sites across the galaxy have become active...expectant. Something is coming. Light and dark will battle yet again. And I have lived long enough to know this... either side can win.
After ROTJ, the force receded from the galaxy, and it's influence could barely be felt.

Rey's connection to the force was always there, but once the force started to rush back in to the galaxy like a king tide, her powers began to increase exponentially - and this coincided with her leaving Jakku...
I also wonder if the awakening was what triggered the start of the 'strange connection' between Rey and Kylo felt on Takodana when they met but.. I digress..

It's funny to come back to this Lor San Tekka content now that we know Palpatine is making some kind of appearance in TROS- it certainly gives this dialogue new meaning - The force awakening is an opportunity for Palpatine to seize this power, and reshape the galaxy as he chooses... it also explains why Palpatine is coming back now. I thought LST could be referring to Rey and Ben but it can equally apply to Palpatine.
The part about force-related sites becoming active and expectant is super interesting for what may be coming up in TROS!

If the force recedes and its influence is barely felt for a time, it makes sense to me that this would mean force ghosts are not able to connect with the living in a way they could when the force is prominent again. This could explain why Anakin never visited with Ben.

It seems Ben has always demonstrated he was powerful in the force - maybe the skywalker bloodline are impacted less by the receding of the force. I can't remember where but did Snoke comment Kylo's powers are growing? His powers may have always been strong, but with the force coming back into prominence they may have increased... and... as the darkness rose, so did the light to meet it?
thoughts?
sunny

First off, thank you to the mod who combined my replies to others! I am too ditzy to do it myself, so I appreciate it! Very Happy Smile

@DeeBee

My ultimate disclaimer - I am relatively new to SW, so if I say anything completely off base, please disregard (or perhaps consider, due to new eyes?!) Very Happy So, my perspective is from the angle that the Force is sentient. (Well, per the Databank "it has a will of its own" so I am not completely off base saying it's sentient).

OK, so I think the Force knew Palpatine was not dead at the end of VI, so it minimized to recharge because it knew battling Palpatine is going to be a war (all out war, the war to end all wars) for so many reasons when it happens (probably had an idea of the when), especially because he is all about cheating (his aim is to gain control over the Force, correct? - or one of his aims). Originally, the Force's focus was Ben (it was Rise of Skywalker) from the beginning, yet because of the tide against him, as we know, Ben faltered (it appears because of Palpatine). The Force's contingency plan was Rey, and here we are! (I think that if Ben never became Kylo Ren, Rey would have escaped Jakku, regardless, and found another way to soar, perhaps crossing paths with him anyway - including romantic). (So many alternate paths with life, fate and destiny are eek topics at times!)

So, that's my thought (admittedly simplistic). Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 12:02 am

@DeeBee wrote:@AhsokaTano @Moonlight13 @SW_Heroine_Journey -Hello! Interesting discussions!!

thoughts?
sunny

First off, thank you to the mod who combined my replies to others!  I am too ditzy to do it myself, so I appreciate it! Very Happy Smile

@DeeBee

My ultimate disclaimer - I am relatively new to SW, so if I say anything completely off base, please disregard (or perhaps consider, due to new eyes?!) Very Happy  So, my perspective is from the angle that the Force is sentient. (Well, per the Databank "it has a will of its own" so I am not completely off base saying it's sentient).

OK, so I think the Force knew Palpatine was not dead at the end of VI, so it minimized to recharge because it knew battling Palpatine is going to be a war (all out war, the war to end all wars) for so many reasons when it happens (probably had an idea of the when), especially because he is all about cheating (his aim is to gain control over the Force, correct? - or one of his aims).  Originally, the Force's focus was Ben (it was Rise of Skywalker) from the beginning, yet because of the tide against him, as we know, Ben faltered (it appears because of Palpatine).  The Force's contingency plan was Rey, and here we are! (I think that if Ben never became Kylo Ren, Rey would have escaped Jakku, regardless, and found another way to soar, perhaps crossing paths with him anyway - including romantic).   (So many alternate paths with life, fate and destiny are eek topics at times!)

@SW_Heroine_Journey

hiya SW_Heroine_Journey!
Hey no disclaimers necessary! Thanks for sharing your ideas! [have you read the force thread? would be curious to hear your thoughts I haven't been in that thread for ages!] I need to get back there now I've discovered the force gallery that has been added to the databank. I love the databank!
Yes I agree the cosmic force has a will of its own - and that is in the mix here as well as the tidal nature of the force being prominent in the galaxy.  
I think Palpatine can seize the opportunity that the force awakening offers, but the will of the force is still in play also.
I don't know if the force's focus was originally Ben, and then Rey is the contingency plan. You may be on the money, I think we'll need to see how things play out in TROS.
The way my brain puts it all together at the moment (lol) is that: Star Wars is about both destiny and free will- at the same time. The cosmic force would have always known that Ben was going to turn to the dark side before it ever happened. Not because Ben has no self-determination but because the cosmic force is beyond space and time.
I'm guessing the story will unfold that the cosmic force destined Rey and Kylo/Ben to together bring down Palpatine - and bring about Balance. And, the cosmic force knows Palpatine is still around somehow after ROTJ, and knows what Rey and Kylo/Ben will choose when things play out. It's a bit mind bending lol.

I'm not certain the force would be interested in avoiding a war to end all wars – Maybe, I don't know. We’ll see!  
I approach understanding the force as a constant work in progress – I don’t fully understand it, and I may never lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing how all this force stuff plays out in TROS!  
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 1:56 am

@DeeBee wrote:

thoughts?
sunny

First off, thank you to the mod who combined my replies to others!  I am too ditzy to do it myself, so I appreciate it! Very Happy Smile

@DeeBee

My ultimate disclaimer - I am relatively new to SW, so if I say anything completely off base, please disregard (or perhaps consider, due to new eyes?!) Very Happy  So, my perspective is from the angle that the Force is sentient. (Well, per the Databank "it has a will of its own" so I am not completely off base saying it's sentient).

OK, so I think the Force knew Palpatine was not dead at the end of VI, so it minimized to recharge because it knew battling Palpatine is going to be a war (all out war, the war to end all wars) for so many reasons when it happens (probably had an idea of the when), especially because he is all about cheating (his aim is to gain control over the Force, correct? - or one of his aims).  Originally, the Force's focus was Ben (it was Rise of Skywalker) from the beginning, yet because of the tide against him, as we know, Ben faltered (it appears because of Palpatine).  The Force's contingency plan was Rey, and here we are! (I think that if Ben never became Kylo Ren, Rey would have escaped Jakku, regardless, and found another way to soar, perhaps crossing paths with him anyway - including romantic).   (So many alternate paths with life, fate and destiny are eek topics at times!)

@SW_Heroine_Journey

hiya SW_Heroine_Journey!
Hey no disclaimers necessary! Thanks for sharing your ideas! [have you read the force thread? would be curious to hear your thoughts I haven't been in that thread for ages!] I need to get back there now I've discovered the force gallery that has been added to the databank. I love the databank!
Yes I agree the cosmic force has a will of its own - and that is in the mix here as well as the tidal nature of the force being prominent in the galaxy.  
I think Palpatine can seize the opportunity that the force awakening offers, but the will of the force is still in play also.
I don't know if the force's focus was originally Ben, and then Rey is the contingency plan. You may be on the money, I think we'll need to see how things play out in TROS.
The way my brain puts it all together at the moment (lol) is that: Star Wars is about both destiny and free will- at the same time. The cosmic force would have always known that Ben was going to turn to the dark side before it ever happened. Not because Ben has no self-determination but because the cosmic force is beyond space and time.
I'm guessing the story will unfold that the cosmic force destined Rey and Kylo/Ben to together bring down Palpatine - and bring about Balance. And, the cosmic force knows Palpatine is still around somehow after ROTJ, and knows what Rey and Kylo/Ben will choose when things play out. It's a bit mind bending lol.

I'm not certain the force would be interested in avoiding a war to end all wars – Maybe, I don't know. We’ll see!  
I approach understanding the force as a constant work in progress – I don’t fully understand it, and I may never lol. I'm really looking forward to seeing how all this force stuff plays out in TROS!  
sunny
@DeeBee

Me too!  Although it's a conclusion to the Skywalker Saga, in no way does that mean the Force's mysteries will be tied up in a neat little bow.  I think I made the mistake with my presumption.

Thank you for accepting my ideas! Very Happy

[edit]
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 4:30 am

nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 7:42 am

[edit]
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum