Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 11:44 am

@rawpowah wrote:So Palpatine wins, huh. Mess.
@rawpowah

Seems so?

Unless the message is you can be good despite dark roots. That would mean Kylo needs to survive as well though.

I think these leaks are fake.  Or there are some fake stuff thrown in.

I think the only people who know the important plot points are keeping it a secret. The only people who know them are the actors and crew. They may have shot alternate endings and scenes like GoT did as well. No one has seen the actual real and whole story apart from a select few. People have only seen certain  parts.

I think they are doing a very good job of hiding stuff about Pryde. RG said there is something very special about him. We have heard nothing about that special something.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 12:15 pm

The fact that there's been a veritable flood of leaks just over the past few weeks is immediately suspect. Many of them contradictory. Like they're trying to throw off the scent, or hiding something. Even most of the cast doesn't know the ending.

I'm pretty vague on the plot beyond the midpoint, the timeline is a complete blur, I'm unsure of the specifics of the subplots at all, who and what some of the characters are and what they're doing are also a total mystery. Jason was certain of other things before, but I'm not sure if, after almost none of his TLJ "leaks" came true, he should still be riding the wave of goodwill from leaking the TFA script. He certainly doesn't sound he has nearly as much info, or a whole script leak, for IX. And this JediPraxis guy is just... I don't even know what to say.

JJ may be a crowd pleaser, but he seems a bit less concerned about that this time around. And I think he loves his characters and SW too much to deliberately botch it for a slight chance a short term gain among a specific set of fans. It's not like there's no standards.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 1:14 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Well, here’s an actual legit merch leak. New info on Rey and Kylo from the the black of Black Series boxes:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 1d744a10

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/d37fnf/new_info_on_rey_and_kylo_from_back_of_black/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

So instead of sitting around on his throne (which I didn’t expect from Kylo tbh, he’s a man of action), he’s searching for some weird force stuff. There’s that Oracle leak that I keep coming back to as well. Does this lend credence to Kylo accidentally unleashing Palpatine? And Dark Rey may be a vision, but it certainly seems like it’s going to be an undercurrent of her entire arc in TROS.
@Kylo Rey

This is interesting to me
Rey being concerned gives me pause

@rawpowah

Never mind this is ALREADY Anakin's story... never mind that in ROTS that Palpy basically tells him wink wink I am yo daddy with the egg and sperm dancing to operatic music

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Hqdefault

So Rey Palpy... we are doing that whole story AGAIN but this time it will be better

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:Well, here’s an actual legit merch leak. New info on Rey and Kylo from the the black of Black Series boxes:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 1d744a10

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/d37fnf/new_info_on_rey_and_kylo_from_back_of_black/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

So instead of sitting around on his throne (which I didn’t expect from Kylo tbh, he’s a man of action), he’s searching for some weird force stuff. There’s that Oracle leak that I keep coming back to as well. Does this lend credence to Kylo accidentally unleashing Palpatine? And Dark Rey may be a vision, but it certainly seems like it’s going to be an undercurrent of her entire arc in TROS.
@Kylo Rey

This is interesting to me
Rey being concerned gives me pause

@rawpowah

Never mind this is ALREADY Anakin's story... never mind that in ROTS that Palpy basically tells him wink wink I am yo daddy with the egg and sperm dancing to operatic music

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Hqdefault

So Rey Palpy... we are doing that whole story AGAIN but this time it will be better

@spacebaby45678

Also the protagonist is related to the bad guy....again?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 1:42 pm

If the leaks are correct, is that you have the offspring of two men who made a mess of the galaxy, who will heal and put things to right.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 1:45 pm

I'm pretty puzzled by all the doom-saying on here, tbh. It seems encouraging to me so far, especially when you take into account the more recent information.

The more recent leaks that have come out point towards Kylo being resurrected at the climax of the film, likely thanks to Rey and her healing powers. The one leaker who has pushed the idea of permanent death for Kylo is Jedi Paxis (which he stated while adding the caveat that his knowledge of that part of the film is fuzzy), and even he has since come out to support Jason's information about Rey's healing abilities.

Giving Rey a dark side ancestry increases her affinity with Kylo, since both their journeys will then be about overcoming and atoning for the evil of their grandfathers. It's not about a Palpatine ending up the victor as a Skywalker loses. It's about a Palpatine and a Skywalker, united through compassion, coming together to defeat the greatest evil through love. Kylo will most likely give his life to save Rey and the galaxy. That sacrifice will then be recognised and rewarded through his resurrection. In short, selfless love will prevail (see: "That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love.").

Even Rey Skywalker makes sense to me, tbh. It would be about giving Rey a moment of prevailing self-determination. She is not defined by her ancestry. She is not defined by her relationship to any single person in her life. Instead she chooses to define herself in relation to the qualities evoked by the Skywalker name, including the struggles as well as the great victories. And that's why she chooses to use that name as her own. I think there's something beautiful in that, and hopefully that will come through powerfully in the film itself.

People really just need to take a deep breath and wait to see how all this is executed. Everyone's free to think whatever they like about the leaks, but imo it's not fair to pre-judge the film on the basis of such patchy information.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:07 pm

Also, as much as some people want another parent reveal, I'm really not sure the idea of Rey Palpatine would actually make people happy or satisfied, it would just cause another uproar. And they would have to explain away both Rey and Kylo's statements about her parents and her having been freed from tying her identity and life's purpose to said family, which would only appeal to the vocal group that actively disliked it, and confuse most everyone else. Not sure how it works on a pragmatic level either, since there isn't a ton of buildup for that storyline.

And it just hit me that it would be very weird for people who don't seem fully knowledgeable of the series of events, if Reylo happens, most of the other characters etc. to know a massive parentage reveal and the details of how it plays out thereof. The information here is awfully specific for a supposedly big part of the movie, yet light on everything else, including some pretty important plot points. With TLJ, leakers would have like one piece of information that was true, then surround it with complete nonsense. Rey's healing powers seem a good bet.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:12 pm

@nonesuch wrote:I'm pretty puzzled by all the doom-saying on here, tbh. It seems encouraging to me so far, especially when you take into account the more recent information.

The more recent leaks that have come out point towards Kylo being resurrected at the climax of the film, likely thanks to Rey and her healing powers. The one leaker who has pushed the idea of permanent death for Kylo is Jedi Paxis (which he stated while adding the caveat that his knowledge of that part of the film is fuzzy), and even he has since come out to support Jason's information about Rey's healing abilities.

Giving Rey a dark side ancestry increases her affinity with Kylo, since both their journeys will then be about overcoming and atoning for the evil of their grandfathers. It's not about a Palpatine ending up the victor as a Skywalker loses. It's about a Palpatine and a Skywalker, united through compassion, coming together to defeat the greatest evil through love. Kylo will most likely give his life to save Rey and the galaxy. That sacrifice will then be recognised and rewarded through his resurrection. In short, selfless love will prevail (see: "That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love.").

Even Rey Skywalker makes sense to me, tbh. It would be about giving Rey a moment of prevailing self-determination. She is not defined by her ancestry. She is not defined by her relationship to any single person in her life. Instead she chooses to define herself in relation to the qualities evoked by the Skywalker name, including the struggles as well as the great victories. And that's why she chooses to use that name as her own. I think there's something beautiful in that, and hopefully that will come through powerfully in the film itself.

People really just need to take a deep breath and wait to see how all this is executed. Everyone's free to think whatever they like about the leaks, but imo it's not fair to pre-judge the film on the basis of such patchy information.
@nonesuch
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 SNLmpJv

The more details emerge, the more intriguing Paxis' initial bare-bones outline becomes. It's like people are reading it and either taking it all as literally as humanly possible or interpreting it in the most negative way on purpose. Like, look at all the cool things we might be seeing. Rey and Kylo pitted against each other in true dramatic fashion, Sheev wanting to use the communion of the dyads of dark and light to rejuvenate himself and playing them like a fiddle, Rey confronting ties to the dark side of the Force and using flibbing Force lightning, Han reaching out to his son, Force Ghosts, sacrifice and rebirth for Ben Solo, Ben and Rey, the grandchildren of Skywalker and Palpatine, joining together in a way Palpatine did not expect and yeeting his prune a** with the help of the Skywalkers of the past.

We'll see where it all goes, but I really don't get the gloom either. It sounds like exactly what a lot of Reylos were predicting for years, just described in true contrived fanboi terms with the help (or curse) of a few broken telephones.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:24 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Also, as much as some people want another parent reveal, I'm really not sure the idea of Rey Palpatine would actually make people happy or satisfied, it would just cause another uproar. And they would have to explain away both Rey and Kylo's statements about her parents and her having been freed from tying her identity and life's purpose to said family, which would only appeal to the vocal group that actively disliked it, and confuse most everyone else. Not sure how it works on a pragmatic level either, since there isn't a ton of buildup for that storyline.

And it just hit me that it would be very weird for people who don't seem fully knowledgeable of the series of events, if Reylo happens, most of the other characters etc. to know a massive parentage reveal and the details of how it plays out thereof. The information here is awfully specific for a supposedly big part of the movie, yet light on everything else, including some pretty important plot points. With TLJ, leakers would have like one piece of information that was true, then surround it with complete nonsense. Rey's healing powers seem a good bet.
@californiagirl

For me, I don't think Rey's family issues were resolved in TLJ. Her look when Kylo gives her the 'you're nothing' spiel is one of devastation and heartbreak, and we never see her process that revelation or come to terms with what it means for her. For better or for worse, I think TROS always had to tackle Rey's unresolved issues regarding her abandonment by her parents (just speaking for myself, I think I would have been more annoyed had it been dropped entirely).

They could have stuck with Rey nobody, sure, but making Rey a Palpatine makes the conflict with Palpatine himself intrinsically personal to Rey. There's no way she can be dismissed as a bystander to the Skywalker family drama when she is the granddaughter of the demon of a man who masterminded the Skywalkers' misfortunes and (reading between the lines of the Jedi Paxis leak) murdered her own parents. That Palpatine had Rey's parents killed also means he ordered the murder of his own child, which is perhaps the most horrific inverse of Anakin and Luke Skywalker conceivable. As a set up it has amazing potential for all kinds of rich parallels and inversions, which is why I'm so optimistic about it.

As for the patchiness of the leaks, we knew far more about TFA at this point out from the movie, so I think it entirely plausible that this much information could have got out. It's unfortunate, but it seems like the staff at Bad Robot haven't been paying attention to the 'loose lips sink starships' posters.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:25 pm

Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers? It's not doom and gloom just because some  people dont like them and voice their opinions that they dont like them.

Dont get me wrong, I like the sound of a lot of them like the Leia and rey connection and the healing.

Just not the dead kylo and bad guy is the last remaining at the end of the saga? (If hes not resurrected Sad )
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:33 pm

@Gemini wrote: Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers? It's not doom and gloom just because some people dont like them and voice their opinions that they dont like them.

Dont get me wrong, I like the sound of a lot of them like the Leia and rey connection and the healing.

Just not the dead kylo and bad guy is the last remaining at the end of the saga?
@Gemini

I don't expect everyone to love the leaks - it's fine if you don't! I'm just genuinely confused by some of what I'm reading, since it seems to be based on a selective reading of the reports that omits the most encouraging details. So I'd urge you not to worry so much about 'dead Kylo' when there is still a lot of reason to believe he will be resurrected (though you're obviously free to if you would prefer to keep expectations low).

I must object to that last bit though - are you referring to Rey when you say 'bad guy'? How is Rey the 'bad guy'? Is it just because she happens to be the granddaughter of an evil man? To view a victory for Rey in those terms is to ignore the whole spirit of Star Wars, imo.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 2:35 pm

@Gemini wrote: Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers? It's not doom and gloom just because some people dont like them and voice their opinions that they dont like them.

Just not the dead kylo and bad guy is the last remaining at the end of the saga?
@Gemini
"Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers" - you know that's not what anybody here is saying. In fact, most are vocally against them, and that's totally fine. I don't understand why someone pointing out that they aren't all terrible = "YOU MUST LOVE THEM". There have been like 6 pages of "they suck" with 2 posts of "you know, this is starting to sound better with added context and detail".

As @nonesuch pointed out Ben being dead at the end without a twist was only something in the initial patchy outline. Before and since there has been a lot more detail that suggests this will not be the case.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:02 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote: Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers? It's not doom and gloom just because some  people dont like them and voice their opinions that they dont like them.

@Gemini
"Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers" - you know that's not what anybody here is saying. In fact, most are vocally against them, and that's totally fine. I don't understand why someone pointing out that they aren't all terrible = "YOU MUST LOVE THEM". There have been like 6 pages of "they suck" with 2 posts of "you know, this is starting to sound better with added context and detail".

As @nonesuch pointed out Ben being dead at the end without a twist was only something in the initial patchy outline. Before and since there has been a lot more detail that suggests this will not be the case.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I never said that's what anyone was saying to me. You know that.

I just notice whenever people are criticising stuff they disagree with, someone then says everything is doom and gloom in the thread or everyone is being depressing. That's never what's actually going on. It's just criticism. The two are not the same.

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:11 pm

@nonesuch wrote:
@Gemini wrote: Not everyone has to be happy with the spoilers? It's not doom and gloom just because some  people dont like them and voice their opinions that they dont like them.

@Gemini

I don't expect everyone to love the leaks - it's fine if you don't! I'm just genuinely confused by some of what I'm reading, since it seems to be based on a selective reading of the reports that omits the most encouraging details. So I'd urge you not to worry so much about 'dead Kylo' when there is still a lot of reason to believe he will be resurrected (though you're obviously free to if you would prefer to keep expectations low).

I must object to that last bit though - are you referring to Rey when you say 'bad guy'? How is Rey the 'bad guy'? Is it just because she happens to be the granddaughter of an evil man? To view a victory for Rey in those terms is to ignore the whole spirit of Star Wars, imo.
@nonesuch

All I meant was whe people are criticising it doesnt mean we are being depressing and I'm sorry if its come across like that from me. I'm sure kylo will not remain dead! I'll try to stop ranting.

Also, I didnt see that someone actually used the term gloom and doom @frolickingfizzgig, I realised that you used it after I posted what I said. Apologies, it wasnt meant to be directed at you. It's a legit mistake there from me. It's just a term I use for saying something is depressing.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:27 pm

@Gemini wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/age-of-resistance-rey-rose-preview

So this is quite exciting, I've always felt and said since 2015/16 that Reys connection and unspoken bond with with Leia is hope, her only hope with Ben.

It's good to see it officially said.

Imo the unspoken bonds in TFA were always (I've said loads in the past but I'll recap)

Leia knew Rey was the only hope to save Ben and find Luke and return him to the fight, that's what the hug was about and that's why she sent Rey to get Luke  and didnt go herself.

Han, Rey was the daughter he never had/ han was the father rey never had. More recently I think there are connections to Qira.

Luke, Rey was the herald and his call to adventure as well as him being her teacher.

Kylo it was romantic and a deep and a saviour. A  deep connection, one which probably has a bigger explanation.
@Gemini

I would have rather had a story on Rose after TLJ and she has woken up, but I guess it could still happen in a next issue. It worries me that it’s written #1 on all these comics. How many will there be? Like how much should I start saving Crying or Very sad I am looking forward to the Rey comic now that I know Leia is in it.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:31 pm

I'm going to propose one idea based on one of the leaks and the possible telephone game that has ensued.

So, Paxis says very little of use during the end-battle scenes, merely that Kylo dies during the fight with Palpatine somehow (?) and that Rey leaves him or something (ugh, seriously this guy). I kind of wonder if there's a scene after whatever altercation occurs where Rey tells everyone that Kylo Ren died, when really he's gone off somewhere in self-imposed exile/hiding/whatever and she's just saying it to protect him. I have flashes of Edward Scissorhands for some reason (god that movie... destroyed me *sniff*). Anyway, this seems a possible explanation for the literal nothing that Paxis seems to know about this part, aside from "Ben died, I guess!" ie. Maybe his "source" knows of a scene where this information is delivered, not the actual scene itself.

It would certainly go a ways towards explaining some of the discrepancies between leaks for this part of the film.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:40 pm

Or he dies and everyone sees it and then on Tatooine there is just one scene where we see him, just for a bit and are left to guess how and why, but he is alive.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:51 pm

@SkyStar wrote:Or he dies and everyone sees it and then on Tatooine there is just one scene where we see him, just for a bit and are left to guess how and why, but he is alive.
@SkyStar

I mean, certainly there could be missing scenes that no one knows about. In fact I'm almost counting on it. I think it more than possible there's actually more than one scene where we see Ben very much alive and well, and maybe even with Rey there. But it's more that I'm trying to reconcile Paxis' certainty that Ben dies and probably doesn't come back and the fact that Rey leaves him to die (or whatever it was he said) without actually having the slightest clue of any details surrounding how this happens, with Jason's more reasonable insistence that there's more, possibly a possessed Kylo, possibly a sacrificial gesture, possibly something involving resurrection, etc. If there is a scene where Rey tells people Kylo is dead, that she saw it happen and then left him (even though she knows this isn't true), and that's something that some source saw... well, there you go. We have erroneous/incomplete context.

I have no idea if this is the case, but it does seem to be a reasonable example of how the telephone game occurs.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:55 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:Or he dies and everyone sees it and then on Tatooine there is just one scene where we see him, just for a bit and are left to guess how and why, but he is alive.
@SkyStar

I mean, certainly there could be missing scenes that no one knows about. In fact I'm almost counting on it. I think it more than possible there's actually more than one scene where we see Ben very much alive and well, and maybe even with Rey there. But it's more that I'm trying to reconcile Paxis' certainty that Ben dies and probably doesn't come back and the fact that Rey leaves him to die (or whatever it was he said) without actually having the slightest clue of any details surrounding how this happens, with Jason's more reasonable insistence that there's more, possibly a possessed Kylo, possibly a sacrificial gesture, possibly something involving resurrection, etc. If there is a scene where Rey tells people Kylo is dead, that she saw it happen and then left him (even though she knows this isn't true), and that's something that some source saw... well, there you go. We have erroneous/incomplete context.
@nickandnora

Could be. Just to speculate more it could also be that Rey doesn’t leave him in cold blood but freaks out and runs away ashamed of what she has done. And meanwhile Ben has his epiphany about how he probably felt the same but is not considering Rey a monster.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 4:01 pm

When I first watched TLJ and the scene where Snoke torturing Rey and holding her up in the air came up...I thought that there was a very great possibility that Ben also probably experienced the same treatment when Snoke was training him and it just made me depressed thinking about it...And now the Snoke comic confirmed this and it just hurts me... wrote:

I got the same sense from that scene Anon! He was certainly triggered by seeing Rey in that position. wrote:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Ca8109ee6d9f3203e837ae061468c6f77e2c6096

I never thought we would actually get to see Ben in almost the EXACT same scenario under Snoke’s cruel tutelage. wrote:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 86d24bf54d40feeabd199f71586e9cf5feac905e

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 D18d7fe3420c3285534ca4e22e76bed80334fd90

Snoke harming Rey, a person he clearly cares for, combined with the memory that Snoke would have let him die on the floor of that canyon without a thought had he not been able to save himself through the Force, only strengthened his resolve to finally kill his abuser. It IS painful to think about but I also find it cathartic that Ben empathized very deeply with Rey in that moment and used that power to move himself further out of the darkness that has been crippling him for years. wrote:

source : tumblr
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 4:21 pm

Something to consider that it is canon that Palpy had no living relatives

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 32 Tumblr_px8n1u9PGW1y8hadgo1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 4:28 pm

I’m not really worried about the leaks re: Ben’s permanent death.

But Rey choosing to define herself by the Skywalker name really doesn’t work for me at all. Taking on one of the most famous names in the galaxy that carries so much history and weight strikes me as an act of incredible arrogance. It’s not just there for any random person to adopt, just because it’s currently without use.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 4:40 pm

Rey giving herself the last name Skywalker doesn't work for me either, and I maintain that it's rather weird if Reylo is a go. I WAS a proponent of Skywalker coming to mean something beyond the family, a term for a new generation of Force users with certain ideals, but that's not the same as taking on someone's last name as your own when you didn't have that strong of a relationship with the name's bearer at all. Maybe this "Rey Skywalker" thing will come off as sort of a mix of both? Like Kylo "Ren" in the sense of being attached to the Knights of Ren. But I'd want it to go beyond just her if that was the case.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 4:50 pm

@nonesuch I've actually always wanted them to address it again, since I agree Rey hasn't come to peace with her abandonment. But she acknowledged it before even Kylo did, which is half the battle. Some might find it condescending, but I wouldn't mind if they spelled it out for the audience, since there's so much confusion.

My concern about another reveal is that it shifts the story away from Rey, her struggles, whatever progress she's made, and Kylo, and the central conflict about the force and the Jedi and healing the galaxy. And then the entire conversation will become about who retconned what and how all the creators are clueless and untalented and disrespectful of each other and have no plan, so none of it has any meaning, and it just makes them look very bad. It's not about the story anymore, because if the audience sees a lack of continuity, that lack itself becomes the object of interest and accusations. And for the end of such a saga, that would be quite a shame.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 12 Sep 2019, 5:03 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@Gemini wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/age-of-resistance-rey-rose-preview

So this is quite exciting, I've always felt and said since 2015/16 that Reys connection and unspoken bond with with Leia is hope, her only hope with Ben.

It's good to see it officially said.

Imo the unspoken bonds in TFA were always (I've said loads in the past but I'll recap)

Leia knew Rey was the only hope to save Ben and find Luke and return him to the fight, that's what the hug was about and that's why she sent Rey to get Luke  and didnt go herself.

Han, Rey was the daughter he never had/ han was the father rey never had. More recently I think there are connections to Qira.

Luke, Rey was the herald and his call to adventure as well as him being her teacher.

Kylo it was romantic and a deep and a saviour. A  deep connection, one which probably has a bigger explanation.
@Gemini

I would have rather had a story on Rose after TLJ and she has woken up, but I guess it could still happen in a next issue. It worries me that it’s written #1 on all these comics. How many will there be? Like how much should I start saving Crying or Very sad I am looking forward to the Rey comic now that I know Leia is in it.
@SanghaRen

Lol, you know they will milk this. Maybe 10 issues or 5 issues?

I will probably be getting this one.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum