Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 17 Sep - 15:46

@ZioRen wrote:Of these leaks, Kylo snatching Rey's necklace through the Force bond intrigues me most. There's precedent for it after the rain on his glove in TLJ, but mostly I want to know how he gets close enough to do that. I sense some Reylo!
@ZioRen

That was my first thought too. Someone on Reddit was like “Kylo gets close enough to Rey to take the necklace off her? Saucy.” LOL. If true, I’m not sure that he literally snatches it/rips it off. These leakers always tend to describe Kylo in more antagonistic terms than he actually is. Particularly if he takes it off her after a conversation. That to me points at Rey letting Kylo get that close to her, there’s probably going to be a lot of sexual tension there.

But also, yeah @OrionStars, JediPaxis is really hedging his bets lol. He’s revealing a lot of bias in his comments on that thread. For example, he’s now backtracking on that “Kylo is in love with Rey” Oracle leak and calling it dated. Saying he doesn’t know if it will be in the final edit. How convenient? Some user asked him if there was any legitimacy to the idea of Finn leading on Rose/trying to get with Rey. Replied that he doesn’t know but that it certainly would make sense? Now apply those biased viewpoints to a whole plot leak.

It’s weird though. Even with a leak like this, there is a lot of Reylo. Palpatine is the biggest Reylo shipper (lol), the whole thing with the dyad, necklace scene (if you read in between the lines, and if you look up the symbolism). It’s made me even more confident of Ben living at the end. Act 1 alone sets it up. JP insists he stays dead (although even he admits he doesn’t have the whole story), but there is literally no point in introducing healing powers for Rey if she just uses it on a sand-worm lol. Like, who cares about that? Very obviously sets up a Chekov’s Gun that will go off later. That’s storytelling 101. You don’t need leaks to tell you that. To give Rey those powers and not resurrect Ben later would be quite frankly, bizarre.

So I think there are kernels of truth in there, but that these leakers are really really bad at putting 2+2 together.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 17 Sep - 16:12

@spacebaby45678 wrote:more leaks

JediPaxis said:
Lando tells them of a dagger that may help them find what they seek. Many years prior, Lando and Luke went in search of this dagger that was owned by a Sith loyalist named Ochie (spelling not confirmed). They tracked Ochie to Passana when the trail went cold. When met with the question of why he never left the planet after the search for Ochie and his dagger ended, Lando tells the team that he had a young child at the time of his and Luke’s quest. While they were out searching for the dagger, the First Order stole his child. After having failed to protect his child from the First Order, Lando and Luke parted ways and he stayed on Passana ever since. This story strikes a chord with Finn having been stolen from his own family at an incredibly young age as well. Lando points them in the direction of the last known coordinates of Ochie’s ship, where the trail went cold all those years ago, wishes them luck in succeeding where he failed all those years ago but decides to sit this one out.

Our heroes follow the trail that Lando pointed out to them and eventually they happen upon Ochie’s ship. When Rey sees the ship, it triggers some memories. It’s the same ship that we see leaving Jakku in Rey’s vision from TFA. Before the implications of this can sink in, the ground beneath them gives out and the crew gets sucked below the surface of the sand. They find themselves in a series of underground tunnels where they discover the remains of Ochie and the dagger that Lando and Luke sought after. Rey feels a very strong connection to this weapon, but can’t quite articulate it.

While all this is transpiring, Poe, Finn, 3PO and BB-8 get Ochie’s ship in the air just in time to fly over to pick up a distraught Rey.
@spacebaby45678

So Ochie could be Rey’s parent, if this is to be believed.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 17 Sep - 16:36

@Kylo Rey
I agree with you, that's also my impression. The only thing he says is "Kylo establishes a connection with Rey through their bond", but I think the first Force bond in TRoS is going to be a very important scene. I assume they haven't seen each other since Crait, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be some drama there, and the way he's talking about it makes it sound like it's irrelevant except for Kylo getting the necklace.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 17 Sep - 17:41

@Lily Snape wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:more leaks

JediPaxis said:
Lando tells them of a dagger that may help them find what they seek. Many years prior, Lando and Luke went in search of this dagger that was owned by a Sith loyalist named Ochie (spelling not confirmed). They tracked Ochie to Passana when the trail went cold. When met with the question of why he never left the planet after the search for Ochie and his dagger ended, Lando tells the team that he had a young child at the time of his and Luke’s quest. While they were out searching for the dagger, the First Order stole his child. After having failed to protect his child from the First Order, Lando and Luke parted ways and he stayed on Passana ever since. This story strikes a chord with Finn having been stolen from his own family at an incredibly young age as well. Lando points them in the direction of the last known coordinates of Ochie’s ship, where the trail went cold all those years ago, wishes them luck in succeeding where he failed all those years ago but decides to sit this one out.

Our heroes follow the trail that Lando pointed out to them and eventually they happen upon Ochie’s ship. When Rey sees the ship, it triggers some memories. It’s the same ship that we see leaving Jakku in Rey’s vision from TFA. Before the implications of this can sink in, the ground beneath them gives out and the crew gets sucked below the surface of the sand. They find themselves in a series of underground tunnels where they discover the remains of Ochie and the dagger that Lando and Luke sought after. Rey feels a very strong connection to this weapon, but can’t quite articulate it.

While all this is transpiring, Poe, Finn, 3PO and BB-8 get Ochie’s ship in the air just in time to fly over to pick up a distraught Rey.
@spacebaby45678

So Ochie could be Rey’s parent, if this is to be believed.
@Lily Snape

Sure why not...

More leaks

Twist: Rey heals Palpy. Yes?

JediPaxis
In a manner of speaking, yes. More on that in Act 3."
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 17 Sep - 20:10

@whisperingwillow wrote:JP even says in the comments of his posts that these leaks come from a game of telephone. He is several people removed from the movie and it goes through each persons biases and interpretations.
@whisperingwillow

If it's the game of telephone, then JP should be completely ignored. Everyone knows what is said, especially with several people removed, changes - 99.9% completely changes!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 17 Sep - 20:54

@Night Huntress wrote:@Lily Snape

I don't think Rose is pregnant, but by the force I hope Star Wars will get rid of this stupid old fashioned "purity family values" soon!

I was born 1982 out of wedlock and nobody cared- 37 years ago Rolling Eyes ...maybe Star Wars should catch-up? You can explain to a 6 years old that people don't have to sign a marriage certificate to love each other and have a family. What's the big deal with that?

That's one thing that bothers me to be honest. They try to be so "woke" in some regards, but still hesitant to let go of the conservative traditional role models and only include them in the additional material- never in the movies.
@Night Huntress

I’m not agreeing with it— just calling what I see. But I also think that Rose will be one of the leaders filling in the gap left by Leia, and that she will have enough on her plate. There are a lot of characters, and there is only so much time in this movie.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Sep - 0:40

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Of these leaks, Kylo snatching Rey's necklace through the Force bond intrigues me most. There's precedent for it after the rain on his glove in TLJ, but mostly I want to know how he gets close enough to do that. I sense some Reylo!
@ZioRen

That was my first thought too. Someone on Reddit was like “Kylo gets close enough to Rey to take the necklace off her? Saucy.” LOL. If true, I’m not sure that he literally snatches it/rips it off. These leakers always tend to describe Kylo in more antagonistic terms than he actually is. Particularly if he takes it off her after a conversation. That to me points at Rey letting Kylo get that close to her, there’s probably going to be a lot of sexual tension there.

But also, yeah @OrionStars, JediPaxis is really hedging his bets lol. He’s revealing a lot of bias in his comments on that thread. For example, he’s now backtracking on that “Kylo is in love with Rey” Oracle leak and calling it dated. Saying he doesn’t know if it will be in the final edit. How convenient? Some user asked him if there was any legitimacy to the idea of Finn leading on Rose/trying to get with Rey. Replied that he doesn’t know but that it certainly would make sense? Now apply those biased viewpoints to a whole plot leak.

It’s weird though. Even with a leak like this, there is a lot of Reylo. Palpatine is the biggest Reylo shipper (lol), the whole thing with the dyad, necklace scene (if you read in between the lines, and if you look up the symbolism). It’s made me even more confident of Ben living at the end. Act 1 alone sets it up. JP insists he stays dead (although even he admits he doesn’t have the whole story), but there is literally no point in introducing healing powers for Rey if she just uses it on a sand-worm lol. Like, who cares about that? Very obviously sets up a Chekov’s Gun that will go off later. That’s storytelling 101. You don’t need leaks to tell you that. To give Rey those powers and not resurrect Ben later would be quite frankly, bizarre.

So I think there are kernels of truth in there, but that these leakers are really really bad at putting 2+2 together.
@Kylo Rey

So far, the only plot point that both Praxis and Jason feel confident about is Rey Palpy the imperial princess. The other leaks just don't make sense  or lack of context, I've seen some reddit users pointed out that it looked like JP (or his friend who works for Nintendo) intentionally cut out the part of Reylo and Kylo, that's why some parts sound so weird and out of place, such as if Kylo can come close enough to snatch the necklace on Rey's chest, that means Rey has to let Kylo come close enough for him to do it, he might be standing right next to her and they probably just have a conversation in the previous scene, lol. Still, that part sounds hilarious, no wonder John William told people that Kylo and Rey will have comedy scenes in TROS, can you imagine Kylo being jealous because he worries that the female Alien could woo Rey into "making" a family, hahaha lol! lol! lol!
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 18 Sep - 1:38

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 174044311c0f02bdec9790ecf3b8d2bfdc5f6097

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 F6ebda8489a25be2468a35bca3b9189260a0f8f5

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 B1512b847a27d3a01e8efcd34e74136a85dff351

Razz Razz
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Dc9be6e2290ef3db0630ceda3a7b09b5e71aa876

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 41cdc9b4944bfbbc48400445ddf5e1a8376092f9

You have the hope of the galaxy with you , alias Ben Solo , a bond you didn’t know existed yet but it is so powerful, warm and feels of belonging and family
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Wed 18 Sep - 2:21

LOOL i just saw Paxis say that he doesn't know anything about Finn-Rose-Rey but it would make sense for Finn to emotionally cheat on Rose. This guy has 0 understanding of emotional storytelling in Star wars and and relationships in general. You're right that the necklace scene stuck out to me too, and is probably far more sexual than what he's making it out to be. He is 100% giving his interpretation based on his own bias/headcanon. Also didn't Jason say that when Kylo sees Rey he's happy to see her? LOL

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 18 Sep - 3:06

@Teo oswald wrote:@DeeBee
the red band I was talking about is this one : Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 0189014ddabe20402d5a5e0785cb46751102803e

seeing it is a brighter red than this :  Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Group_10
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's the same band. maybe it's the light that deceived me Smile

The appearance of the Death Star will not be seen immediately, the journey must be constructed. the list of images you showed me tells us the sequence order we could see in the cinema. In my opinion, the Death Star will not appear in the middle of the film, nor will the duel between Kylo and Rey.
I had noticed Poe's bandaged arm and here I connect to this: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Star-Wars-Episode-IX-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-Still-31-C3PO-Poe-Finn

Is it possible that Poe is injured in this escape? Who's running away from? The knights of Ren? Maybe.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Group_10
as you said, here Poe has a band. And here we see the Death Star and here I have theorized that Rey will meet kylo Ren again (if in the first meeting they saw the knights of Ren, it is likely that there is also Kylo, in fact Rey is not present.)

is from the training that I theorized about the fight between her and Kylo, and always according to my theory, she will lose. Here I am connected to her frustration when the target is missing.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Jungle10

this image is an enigma for me, because we don't see Poe's arm.
The doubts arise here because maybe it's like you say.

I'm going with it

but add things:
They are in Pasaana, there is a fight (perhaps with the knights of Ren), Poe is wounded, Rey meets Kylo and his ship.
if there was more information !!! Mad  Laughing
I will read everything you said because I find it extremely interesting. thank you for sharing all the material. Smile Smile
@Teo oswald -Hello! I finally get back to your reply!
thanks for clarifying what band you were talking about.
The moment in the teaser with the red ribbon is showing us Rey's left bicep and the leather armband is on her right bicep. It's really interesting - that gif you've shared is actually a reversed image.
This is what we see in the teaser (sorry blurry but you can see it's the left bicep):
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 D23_710
We also have this released image which seems to be a related image (same stick/jungle):
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Rey_ju10
I think this moment is just the leather armband, no red ribbon:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Group_10

So far, I haven't seen any images of Rey from primary sources where I can see that she doesn't have the leather armband on her right arm (excluding dark rey) - if anyone has please share.

Yeah! I agree they will build up to the death star moment! we'll see!

Maybe Poe gets hurt on Pasaana, at this stage I have no idea- I just know by the time they get to the death star he's hurt... we'll see! (uh oh I said that again!)

Re the training or fighting with Kylo? I have nooooo idea what's going on haaaaa... I think it might be hard to figure out because the force bond is involved, Palps might be involved in a Rey and Kylo/Ben fight scenario (possessed?) and if Kylo is masked I'm even more confused. lol. don't mind me!
I'm not confident I'll be able to make sense of it but hey, it's fun trying huh!

Gahhhh I see Rey comic shares - I'm going to skip on over this so I don't get spoiled for it. lol.

Random thoughts on the latest rumours (I'm not calling them leaks!):
-all that info about Lando's child being taken by the first order - but the 'leaker' couldn't tell if the child was a boy or a girl?
-I'm open to Rose being pregnant.. for all we know Rose and Finn have married between movies... we really know very little! Or.. do we know this is not possible maybe?  Anyone?
the one image we've seen of Rose doesn't help us with this idea of her being pregnant yet either.. (yet!) or maybe I've missed an image?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Rey_an10
-the talk of Rey's necklace is interesting.. have we seen the necklace anywhere other than in the vanity fair video?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Video_10
I see an Acki Acki behind her - do we know for sure she gets this necklace during the party we see them stumble across in the D23 sizzle reel?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 D23_1b11
BTW- no necklace during Pasaana chase scenes we've glimpsed so far.. nor in the teaser.. will keep an eye out for it. she might not wear it very long at all.. we'll see (doh! said it again!)
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 18 Sep - 3:26

More leaks from JediPaxis

is there any Reylo endgame hope at all?

JediPaxis
If you mean romance then probably not.

does Kylo just pretty much spend the entire movie stalking and fighting with Rey, loses each time, has a last minute redemption and then dies?

JediPaxis
That's a bit reductionist, but that's about the size of it, yes.

Daisy Ridley said their relationship progresses. Does it get anywhere past where they were at the beginning of the fight in the throne room? Right now it just sounds like he’s back to being a henchman.

JediPaxis
There's a lot more to it than that, but a lot of it happens in the 2nd and 3rd acts. I don't think I know all of exactly how their relationship progresses and how, but there'll be enough in my next to installments to at least give the shape of what territory they cover.

But don't you find it interesting that we heard all this talk of Ben resurrecting and recently learn of Rey having regenerative force powers (that she uses on a worm of all things...). That has be something...

JediPaxis
I really don't find it interesting or significant. I personally think it's a case of the community latching onto something that captures the imagination and looking for ways to justify it in the hopes that it's true. If I learn anything credible to change than opinion I'll gladly eat crow, but that's how I feel right now.

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 18 Sep - 3:39; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 18 Sep - 3:33

And that is why I'm seriously side-eyeing him and his info. You can tell that he's no fan of reylo and seems to even dislike the idea of it by the sound of his comments. Saying he doesn't have all the context on their relationship but says there's no hope for it turning romantic? Even if he's sure that Ben dies (which I'm also not taking his word for yet) that doesn't mean there's no romantic feelings between the two.

Simply put, I wish he would just put out acts 2 and 3 so I can go back to ignoring him until the trailer in October. It's pretty likely that his next posts will also try to be just as negative on Reylo.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Wed 18 Sep - 3:40

Isn't this the guy that first leaked the Oracle thing and said his source used the world love to describe Kylo's feelings for Rey? And now he's not elaborating on that or mentioning it at all as relevant lol

I mean JJ could chicken out on going full romantic and make it one sided but I feel like this guy is really biased in his interpretations.

Mila95
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Wed 18 Sep - 3:49

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROU40Ve1Fk9e1vfrmX6Bsx7xV9AIZkm4YGPikI8pUdFYRnPYBrUw
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 18 Sep - 3:51

It is but as I’ve said on a different site, he put out a big disclaimer before posting the Oracle leak that warned against people getting “worked up” about Kylo having feelings for Rey and then in the months after completely ignored elaborating on it. I think he was hoping to find evidence to the contrary before he was forced to and now is doubling down on Reylo not happening because he thinks he has enough to say that or simply wants to not confirm because of his bias. I don’t trust him and I’m irritated that the fandom is relying on his info when he’ll only be the cause of grief until another leaker comes through.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Wed 18 Sep - 4:30

@Riri wrote:LOOL i just saw Paxis say that he doesn't know anything about Finn-Rose-Rey but it would make sense for Finn to emotionally cheat on Rose. This guy has 0 understanding of emotional storytelling in Star wars and and relationships in general. You're right that the necklace scene stuck out to me too, and is probably far more sexual than what he's making it out to be. He is 100% giving his interpretation based on his own bias/headcanon. Also didn't Jason say that when Kylo sees Rey he's happy to see her? LOL
@Riri

@bolded... What?  No seriously, what?  Like how...?

Anyone who thinks that doesn't... understand anything at all.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 18 Sep - 4:53

@Lovely_Rose wrote:And that is why I'm seriously side-eyeing him and his info. You can tell that he's no fan of reylo and seems to even dislike the idea of it by the sound of his comments. Saying he doesn't have all the context on their relationship but says there's no hope for it turning romantic? Even if he's sure that Ben dies (which I'm also not taking his word for yet) that doesn't mean there's no romantic feelings between the two.

Simply put, I wish he would just put out acts 2 and 3 so I can go back to ignoring him until the trailer in October. It's pretty likely that his next posts will also try to be just as negative on Reylo.
@Lovely_Rose - lol why wait? We can already ignore him Laughing

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 18 Sep - 4:53

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 D23_7110

Here I see three "cuffs-bands" let's call them that for the moment Smile
and then I saw this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Missing2353-1280x720
in Japanese culture there is the tree of wish Smile
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Tanabata_wishing_tree

about Rose pregnant....I'm not scure...this image does not give me the impression of a pregnancy , Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Kellymarietran

Rey the training or fighting with Kylo? wrote:
good question
I mean, we know two things,  first, is that Kylo will be present on Pasaana, second,
  when Poe, Finn etc. are attacked, Rey is not there with them on the ship. I hypothesize that she is with Kylo.

About Lando I don't know Smile  the necklace, I agree that someone gave it to her, they are in the middle of a party, there is joy, so it is very plausible. the calm before the storm . It may be that enemies appear after ...

Last edited by Teo oswald on Wed 18 Sep - 4:58; edited 2 times in total
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Wed 18 Sep - 4:54

@Moonjump05 Not word for word, he just said it would make sense to him.

He also said this lol he has no insight on cast interviews etc

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 4b069210

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Wed 18 Sep - 4:56

@Riri apparently he has no knowledge of this because he pays no attention to anything but what he wants to hear.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Sep - 5:04

@Riri wrote:@Moonjump05 Not word for word, he just said it would make sense to him.

@Riri

Eh, a SW die-hard fan who leaks plot of SW incoming movie for the fans but doesn't know what the actors already told people in the public? should we move his future leaks to the crack thread from now on?
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 18 Sep - 5:14

@OrionStars wrote:
@Riri wrote:@Moonjump05 Not word for word, he just said it would make sense to him.

@Riri

Eh, a SW die-hard fan who leaks plot of SW incoming movie for the fans but doesn't know what the actors already told people in the public? should we move his future leaks to the crack thread from now on?
@OrionStars

I would move his leak to the undifferentiated waste. In my opinion someone inside the Disney calls him specifically to make him say nonsense and hide the real Leaks. Read his comments is how to go fishing without bait and the fish throw themselves at you. Baille
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Sep - 5:45

I am happy bendemption is on the cards for Kylo and his future is hopeful. However, I’m pretty convinced that the only/last hope referred to in the comic entitled Rey is actually Rey herself. Not Ben. Sorry. I love me some Ben and Bendemption but im glad we are finally getting confirmation of what Rey means to this Saga and her place in it.

The back of the comic regarding Rey:

Rey – Hope for the next generation and ours.

While we don’t yet know how Rey’s story ends we do know she has inspired people both in a galaxy far, far away and ours. She (rey) is hope, she is resilience, she is the light. Rey from nowhere is the hero we need and deserve.”

I feel that the overall message here is tha Kylo and the Skywalkers are no longer hopeless because Rey has now entered the scene. Leia Knows this as well and says it, the comic also strongly suggests this with the choice of words on the panels etc..

Rey’s place in this story is that she is hope for the Skywalkers and therefore the entire galaxy.

There is also the panel not posted here that strongly tells the reader that Rey is the only hope besides Luke.

Along the lines of:

“Luke may be our only hope”..Leia - ”no there is another” then we see Rey journeying to be the messenger to Luke.

The panel posted above where she is on Ach To, is also not suggesting Ben is the hope of the galaxy.

“I carry the hope of the galaxy with me” and she’s holding the saber to Luke there. She is the hope of the galaxy to get Luke back into the fight.

Kylo had his own comic and it was showing him in a more sympathetic light which can eventually lead to the notion that he can be redeemed. I understand how there are connections linking over the comics as well but this comic is about Rey and what she resembles to Luke, Leia and Ben Solo now that she is on the scene and how she is hope to all three.

I, honestly don’t think its supposed to be suggesting that the hope described and applied to Rey  in a comic about Rey is somehow now Ben. Sometimes things can be about just Rey and what she is supposed to represent in the story as the protagonist.

The theme of Rey meaning hope to the Skywalkers and most in particular Leia is saturated in TFA, TLJ and now this official article and comic. It doesn't need to be taken away from Rey and applied to Ben. Ben is bad*** in himself. He just needs help.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 18 Sep - 6:32

@Gemini wrote:I am happy bendemption is on the cards for Kylo and his future is hopeful. However, I’m pretty convinced that the only/last hope referred to in the comic entitled Rey is actually Rey herself. Not Ben. Sorry. I love me some Ben and Bendemption but im glad we are finally getting confirmation of what Rey means to this Saga and her place in it.

While we don’t yet know how Rey’s story ends we do know she has inspired people both in a galaxy far, far away and ours. She (rey) is hope, she is resilience, she is the light. Rey from nowhere is the hero we need and deserve.”

I feel that the overall message here is tha Kylo and the Skywalkers are no longer hopeless because Rey has now entered the scene. Leia Knows this as well and says it, the comic also strongly suggests this with the choice of words on the panels etc..

Rey’s place in this story is that she is hope for the Skywalkers and therefore the entire galaxy.

There is also the panel not posted here that strongly tells the reader that Rey is the only hope besides Luke.

Along the lines of:

“Luke may be our only hope”..Leia - ”no there is another” then we see Rey journeying to be the messenger to Luke.

The panel posted above where she is on Ach To, is also not suggesting Ben is the hope of the galaxy.

“I carry the hope of the galaxy with me” and she’s holding the saber to Luke there. She is the hope of the galaxy to get Luke back into the fight.

Kylo had his own comic and it was showing him in a more sympathetic light which can eventually lead to the notion that he can be redeemed. I understand how there are connections linking over the comics as well but this comic is about Rey and what she resembles to Luke, Leia and Ben Solo now that she is on the scene and how she is hope to all three.

I, honestly don’t think its supposed to be suggesting that the hope described and applied to Rey  in a comic about Rey is somehow now Ben. Sometimes things can be about just Rey and what she is supposed to represent in the story as the protagonist.

The theme of Rey meaning hope to the Skywalkers and most in particular Leia is saturated in TFA, TLJ and now this official article and comic. It doesn't need to be taken away from Rey and applied to Ben. Ben is bad*** in himself. He just needs help.
@Gemini

I like your idea,  but my gut is telling me that if Rey is the new hope, it can lead to another scenario, now we have a new chosen one, the old one can now be replaced, which means Ben and Anakin's bloodline can be snuffed out. And it's the ideal that anti-Ben and pro-ReySky dudebros love.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 18 Sep - 6:34

@OrionStars wrote:
@Gemini wrote:I am happy bendemption is on the cards for Kylo and his future is hopeful. However, I’m pretty convinced that the only/last hope referred to in the comic entitled Rey is actually Rey herself. Not Ben. Sorry. I love me some Ben and Bendemption but im glad we are finally getting confirmation of what Rey means to this Saga and her place in it.

Along the lines of:

@Gemini

I like your idea,  but my gut is telling me that if Rey is the new hope, it can lead to another scenario, now we have a new chosen one, the old one can now be replaced, which means Ben and Anakin's bloodline can be snuffed out. And it's the ideal that anti-Ben and pro-ReySky dudebros love.
@OrionStars

Trust me if Rey is Leia's "only hope" in the way that the scenes in TFA, TLJ and this comic suggests she is. Kylo will not be snuffed out. Never. Yin and Yang, and balance will ensue.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum