Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 8:50 pm

Well someone on Reddit pointed out that back in July, Daisy Ridley said this when discussing being surprised by TROS' name back in July: "I think it'll be one of those things that it's sort of the... last few lines of the film when people are like ah, yeah yeah yeah."

If she's saying people will be like "Ah, alright" when they hear the last few lines of the movie, that lends more credence to the "I'm Rey Skywalker" ending.

Also, I think it's a bit unfair that we seem to be trending toward "just stop discussing it and wait and see" because we dislike these leaks. If we were fond of what Praxis was saying, I don't believe we'd be hinting at this. That's what this thread is for, is it not? These leaks have more backing than any other leaks we have at the moment.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by tukicarreno on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:01 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Well someone on Reddit pointed out that back in July, Daisy Ridley said this when discussing being surprised by TROS' name back in July: "I think it'll be one of those things that it's sort of the... last few lines of the film when people are like ah, yeah yeah yeah."

If she's saying people will be like "Ah, alright" when they hear the last few lines of the movie, that lends more credence to the "I'm Rey Skywalker" ending.

Also, I think it's a bit unfair that we seem to be trending toward "just stop discussing it and wait and see" because we dislike these leaks. If we were fond of what Praxis was saying, I don't believe we'd be hinting at this. That's what this thread is for, is it not? These leaks have more backing than any other leaks we have at the moment.
@ZioRen

I get what you are saying but it really is so disheartening to see the fanbase so sad now. Everyone is giving up and I choose to believe those leaks are not real at all.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:03 pm

why even call it "Rise of Skywalker" instead of "Kill all Skywalkers" or "Rise of Rey" Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:07 pm

@special_cases Who is SorrynotSpartacus? Another leaker?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:12 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Well someone on Reddit pointed out that back in July, Daisy Ridley said this when discussing being surprised by TROS' name back in July: "I think it'll be one of those things that it's sort of the... last few lines of the film when people are like ah, yeah yeah yeah."

@ZioRen

I get what you are saying but it really is so disheartening to see the fanbase so sad now. Everyone is giving up and I choose to believe those leaks are not real at all.
@tukicarreno

I know, I get it, but in the end we weren't guaranteed to love this movie. However, I'm not saying these leaks are full stop what's going to happen. They may be wrong in many places, a lot of context may be missing, multiple things may have been altered or the wrong things inferred, and maybe they're wrong altogether. It's not over til it's over.

But they're worth discussing. They're sort of all a thread like this has to go on right now. Nobody has to believe them, but nor do we have to dismiss them as pure fanboy fanfiction.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:13 pm

I didn’t mean to stop discussing it, just to not feel so much worry over them as we’re waiting for total confirmation. My point is that we’ll know very soon if we should take these leaks as face value. IMO also while these are being backed up by previously credible individuals, I have a hard time totally trusting the info because it r it seems a bit too extreme in terms of being anti reylo. Even if they aren’t endgame, I would expect to see some positive moments listed here. There’s absolutely nothing of depth in the way their relationship is portrayed here. It’s sending red flags.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:18 pm

@Lovely_Rose wrote:I didn’t mean to stop discussing it, just to not feel so much worry over them as we’re waiting for total confirmation. My point is that we’ll know very soon if we should take these leaks as face value. IMO also while these are being backed up by previously credible individuals,  I have a hard time totally trusting the info because it r it seems a bit too extreme in terms of being anti reylo. Even if they aren’t endgame, I would expect to see some positive moments listed here. There’s absolutely nothing of depth in the way their relationship is portrayed here. It’s sending red flags.
@Lovely_Rose

Oh for sure Praxis is biased. I think that's clear by now. He's also getting too big for his britches and refusing to outright admit that maybe he doesn't have everything right from his sources. And there's absolutely no doubt that enormous, gamechanging chunks of emotional context and detail of Rey and Kylo's relationship/interactions are missing.

I don't necessarily think Praxis is keeping these things from us, it's more that he probably got barebones context and chooses to use it to fuel his own bias about what he wants from this movie. In fact, I think he's using his base spoilers like "Kylo antagonizes Rey, Rey stabs Kylo, Kylo maybe dies in the end" to backtrack the intensity of the "Kylo has feelings for Rey" context he had when he first leaked the Oracle info. I think he didn't like that he heard that, and now he's smug because the rest of the movie on paper feels pretty not Reylo (based only on what he's heard). But that doesn't make that initial leak incorrect much as he probably wishes it does.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 9:33 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:is it me, or was it so much more fun discussing and theorizing about the leaks for TLJ?

the more "leaks" we get for TROS the more indifferent I feel about it and just want the movie to be out and done with... Nope
@Night Huntress

I know what you mean. There’s a lot more riding on this movie than TLJ - last movie of the trilogy, last chapter of the saga. Realistically, Kylo was never going to die in TLJ (it’s the middle movie!), there’s a far bigger chance that he dies here. It’s starting to deflate my hype. When the D23 trailer came out, there was a lot of excitement and enthusiasm (remember Dark Rey? Seems like a million years ago now), which lasted for a few days before JP leaked his rough outline. Now everyone has gone back to second guessing themselves. Even if fake, he’s sowed a lot of uncertainty in the fandom.

If these leaks are real, then I have no idea what the heck JJ was thinking or why Kathleen Kennedy greenlit this script in the first place, especially when she’s fired people in the past pretty quickly when the story has not been up to par. Just the idea of a Palpatine carrrying on the legacy of the Skywalkers after they’re all six feet under, including Kylo Ren who gets a last minute redemption, and adopting the Skywalker name, makes me nauseous. What an incredibly contrived way to achieve the title of the movie.

Another thing that bugs me about the leaks - it reminds me a lot of Game of Thrones, and the incredibly cynical and disrespectful way D&D wrote a lot of the characters, particularly in S8. Same kind of vibe. Like Kylo is the villain yes, but the movies (both TFA and TLJ), have treated him with empathy, are cognizant of his conflict and struggles, as well as his family legacy. The leaks seem designed to crap on his character from a height, and also destroy the legacy of the OT3 in the process. He doesn’t have any agency, and it’s not even Skywalker family drama, it’s more like Palpatine family drama. It’s vomit inducing.

Also, now that I think about it, why on earth bring Palpatine back if you’re just gonna have Kylo be the Big Bad for most of the movie anyway? LOL.
@Kylo Rey

Maybe JP is actually Trevorrow and this is his ultimate revenge by making people feel disheartened and disillusioned enough to not see the movie, especially on the opening weekend (which, pretty much, is a big deal in terms of BO).
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 10:19 pm

Maybe JP is actually Trevorrow and this is his ultimate revenge by making people feel disheartened and disillusioned enough to not see the movie, especially on the opening weekend (which, pretty much, is a big deal in terms of BO).[/quote]
@Dar-ren19

Internet chatter will not have any effect on BO (Aladdin is a recent example of that). It's only to affect the mood, now - that people feel negative (especially Reylos, which is why why should be suspicious/ignore them, imho), instead of neutral or positive.

The GA, the real muscle of the BO, is not going to pay attention until the trailer is revealed in Oct (and tickets go on sale). Then, they'll forget about it until 6 weeks from 12/19 (TV spots will start then), and the fair impression of opening box office will not be truly guestimated until that week, when the review embargo drops, and buzz can truly be felt in the air. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:01 pm

The thing I remind myself of every time I read the leaks is this. There has to be some  emotional weight at the end of the film and the movie is about the Skywalker family at the end of the day. Which means whatever happens the importance of this story isn’t Rey being Palpatine’s granddaughter, it is the dynamics between the Skywalker family. Leaks leaving out emotional context doesn’t support the above so you know at the end of the day something is missing even if the “plot points” of the leaks are correct. JP is playing a game of telephone with multiple people and with that he lets his own personal bias dictate how he explains the leaks (even though he has stated a lot of the context of the plot points he doesn’t know). We will just have to wait and see how these play out to know whether he is right or his leaks had correct overall plot correct but emotional context wrong.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:16 pm

Re: the whole McGuffin plot, IMO it makes more sense to have a story in which both good and bad guys are chasing after the same thing and there’s tension about who gets it first, rather than the bad guys having the thing from the very beginning. Which yes makes it a retread of TFA in a way.

With Rey Skywalker, I think it’s the whole difficulty of continuing the family saga with a protagonist who doesn’t belong to it. Is it really the continuation of the Skywalker saga or is it primarily *Rey’s* story? If you’re not handling it right, it can all feel very forced, like trying to shoehorn a brand new character into something they don’t really belong to. And frankly there were already signs of it in TFA with that completely unearned hug from Leia. Now we have more hugging in the teaser and it’s really really pushing Rey as the new generation’s hero etc.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 12:20 am

@rawpowah SorrynotSpartacus is an active Redditor on SWL. She once implied that she has some kind of sources but I've never seen her explaining it further. Maybe I missed it? She always leave comments on JP leaks, trying to give them better context and she is often transcribing MSW podcasts. She is very nice and thoughtful person. Here is my personal speculation that pretty much baseless and no way I have real knowledge of what is really going on behind the scenes: SorrynotSpartacus is good cop while JP is bad cop. She is always trying to make all leaks more pro-Reylo. Her account is only for 1 year on Reddit but she knows most important information about leaks/speculation and history of SWL for 4 years.

I just found what JP said about Reylo in leaks 3 month ago and it makes sense if his sources don't what to say anything at all about Reylo. He just prefer to think now that it's the sign that there is no Reylo.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Screen10

There is also that strange guy on Twitter, GeekFurious, who implied that he is the source for MSW (and wasn't blocked by them), who has a tweet about the title being Rise of Skywalker before the announcement, who is replying to Pablo, his wife and other LF employees and nobody calls him out or block him. He recently said that it's too early for leaks to confirm/debunk Reylo. Very strange situation and odd behaviour, that looks like some kind of joke but I didn't get why nobody calls him out and some people talk to him like they really know him. Sorry for my enourmous tinfoil hat, but I don't understand why people don't discuss it. Maybe I missed something.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 1:09 am

Good lord, this guy is all over the place (his comments when that stupid Rey Solo rumour happened)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 6d154410
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Bddcf910
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 1:24 am

@special_cases

I think Jason and Paxis have the same source because there were only these two heard the rumor of Rey could be Han Solo's daughter back in the day. I don't dimish VA but he didn't help much with his vague answer plus JP himself disclaimed that he didn't know which part would remain in the final cut of TROS so I can't cherry-pick myself which part of the leak should I trust. And Jesus Christ, according to the news, JJ is still reshooting even though there are only 3 months left before the premiere. Why does everything look like a muddy mess?

I don't know SorryNotSpartacus, but according to your description, it seems like she's an internet influencer (of the studio). GeekFurious supports everything JP said, he thinks JJ would make it work and on twitter, he's still encouraging the Reylos to watch TROS instead of giving up everything and stopping to invest their money on SW-related stuff, which to me sounds like the last attempt to milk the Reylo's wallet.

Last edited by OrionStars on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 1:50 am

@OrionStars Oh I totally agree that they have the same sources. You can't have so many people leaking the movie.

And I totally agree about milking Reylo's wallets. I wish people reconsider who are we for LF right now. We are the most loyal and we're doing brilliant free promotion for ST everyday. The best art, podcasts, metas, edits, we're promoting for free all additional products and merch. Maybe I'm that sceptical because I work in the internet marketing but I can totally see Disney making promotion more Reylo friendly just because we are the only positive active fan group on SM. I mean it doesn't mean there is no Reylo, of course, just it can be the reason why certain things look like pro-Reylo right now but without actual "romance" substance. I hope final trailer will highlight the main themes of the movie like it was in TLJ.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:00 am

@special_cases wrote:@OrionStars Oh I totally agree that they have the same sources. You can't have so many people leaking the movie.

And I totally agree about milking Reylo's wallets. I wish people reconsider who are we for LF right now. We are the most loyal and we're doing brilliant free promotion for ST everyday. The best art, podcasts, metas, edits, we're promoting for free all additional products and merch. Maybe I'm that sceptical because I work in the internet marketing but I can totally see Disney making promotion more Reylo friendly just because we are the only positive active fan group on SM. I mean it doesn't mean there is no Reylo, of course, just it can be the reason why certain things look like pro-Reylo right now but without actual "romance" substance. I hope final trailer will highlight the main themes of the movie like it was in TLJ.
@special_cases

Reylo is honestly a cultural phenomenon at this point. And you’re right - we’re the most enthusiastic, most positive parts of this fandom when it comes to the ST. I hope the final trailer throws us a bone, much like the TLJ trailer did. That Shirtless Kylo panel from his comic recently - the writer Tom Taylor said on Twitter that the panel description was literally ‘give the people what they want.’ So LFL are very much aware and are even starting to pander to the Reylo section of the audience. Stuff like that is encouraging. But you’re right, it could just be a cynical cashgrab without following through.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:12 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:Good lord, this guy is all over the place (his comments when that stupid Rey Solo rumour happened)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 6d154410
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Bddcf910
@Kylo Rey

How even? It isn't a matter of romantic vs familial for reylo, that question has already been answered both inside the movies and out. Trying to play their interactions off as familial now is either a huge error by Disney/LF or poor understanding of the story. Guess which one is probably true.

Add in the truly fanboy speculation of cheating Han that was mocked as far back as TFA and the real bias shows through.

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:41 am

@Kylo Rey I guess we will know for sure how really truthful or misinterpreted leak from JP when we will see the trailer. If there is some big thing that he didn't mention in his 2000 words essay, then good bye. I'm sure he will say "Excellent, I was just waiting for another confirmation!"
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:51 am

@special_cases wrote:@OrionStars Oh I totally agree that they have the same sources. You can't have so many people leaking the movie.

@special_cases

That's pretty much what another friendly fanboy told me before, he said every SW trilogy spawned a new generation of fans and ST spawned the Reylos who were so passionate they did word of mouth marketing on the internet for free and paid money to get Rey/Kylo stuff for the past 4 years, but the other new characters didn't have that kind of dedicated fans, that's why even their action figure couldn't sell.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:30 am

There’s just no way that they’d make Han cheat on Leia. IMO, something like that would overshadow the tragedy of what happened to the family with Ben and the shadow of Vader’s legacy, in a really cheap way.

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:50 am

Sorry this might be old news, idk if you guys talked about this- John Williams described the "comedy' of kylo and rey

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/cv4sux/john_williams_on_the_comedy_between_rey_and_kylo/

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 6:05 am

Declaring Rey a Skywalker feels very much like LF trying to have their cake and eat it too: the Skywalker story is coming to an end... but not really. Luke didn't have children... but the heroine has adopted his name, so he kinda did.

I don't know...

Maybe it'll make sense in context, if these rumours prove true.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 8:41 am

@Kessel wrote:There’s just no way that they’d make Han cheat on Leia. IMO, something like that would overshadow the tragedy of what happened to the family with Ben and the shadow of Vader’s legacy, in a really cheap way.
@Kessel

that's a rumor I give zero creditably- we're talking about Disney/LF...and as much as I would like for them to let go of their "purity culture" that is NOT the way anyone wants this to happen. Not only would it destroy a beloved OT character's reputation, it would serve NO purpose in the story...it STILL would't make Rey a Skywalker or explain her "force-powers" (for those who think you must have strong force-users in your lineage in order to be powerful blah...)

It would be a "shock-reveal" with only negative emotional consequences. If LF don't want Reylo to happen they just don't let it happen...no need to make them related and destroy the last bit of Han & Leia's relationship which I personally LOVED so much in the OT.

I'm pretty sure even the angry fanboys would hate that.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 9:23 am

I have no faith in JJ and this movie tbh. Not even buying tickets until we get spoilers from the world premiere.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Mon 23 Sep 2019, 9:38 am

@Kessel wrote:There’s just no way that they’d make Han cheat on Leia. IMO, something like that would overshadow the tragedy of what happened to the family with Ben and the shadow of Vader’s legacy, in a really cheap way.
@Kessel

No, of course, Pablo debunked Reylo Solo already, He gave an answer about Rey Palpatine yesterday then he explained it later that his answer about Rey Palpatine was only applying to  the contents that were released before, not EP IX, so far he only debunked Rey Solo and the Dyad (Pablo had never heard anything about the dyad whatsoever)
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum