Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Fri 11 Oct - 9:58

@Saracene

Personally, I think Kylo was more like a background character in TFA, TLJ with his limited screen time, he even had less screen time than Rose in TLJ. But they've chosen an actor that could act the hell out of it and impressed the general audience to the point that the motivation of his character was the thing most people could keep discussing after the movie. I'm not saying that Oscar and Boyega weren't good, their roles were like 2 Han Solo trying to find their place in the story at the same time but I guess it's just that not everyone has Harrison Ford's charm and luck.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Fri 11 Oct - 10:02

@Saracene If anything, Kylo has the opposite issue. Many fans kind of hate acknowledging his lineage. He's not diminished by his parents/uncle/grandparents, but some feel those OT characters are diminished by Kylo turning into the bad guy despite their presence and connection to each other. Certain factions need the Skywalker/Solos to be the heroes, not a villain like Kylo, and not a rando like Rey. And like others said, there was no mystery around his lineage past the halfway point of movie one, and it's treated in a fairly non-dramatic way.

Edit: @OrionStars Here's some screen times of characters in SW. Canto Bight feels longer than it really is: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls027631145/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Fri 11 Oct - 10:29

@OrionStars wrote:@Saracene

Personally, I think Kylo was more like a background character in TFA, TLJ with his limited screen time, he even had less screen time than Rose in TLJ. But they've chosen an actor that could act the hell out of it and impressed the general audience to the point that the motivation of his character was the thing most people could keep discussing after the movie. I'm not saying that Oscar and Boyega weren't good, their roles were like 2 Han Solo trying to find their place in the story at the same time but I guess it's just that not everyone has Harrison Ford's charm and luck.
@OrionStars

Screentime is not everything; a character can loom over the story even without being onscreen much. Adam's acting chops help no doubt, but there's also the fact that a lot of conversations between Luke and Rey in TLJ, for instance, are all about Kylo. Luke's story in the ST pretty much revolves around Ben, and so does Han's story in TFA.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 11 Oct - 23:07

So I'm not really following all the spoilers there's a lot but was finding a disconnect- something about rey's parents were murdered they were trying to protect her but then palpatine being some sort of relation or whatever reason why he wants her. If they are truly related, then one of her parents is palp's kid lol? Am I missing something?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 11 Oct - 23:18

Hmm twitter chat between myself and Jason. Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 365b1610

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 7122d310

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 9288c710

and

Jason thinks reylo is happening lol

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Zzzzzz11

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Fri 11 Oct - 23:39

Umm that’s not what he’s been implying so far. What’s with the sudden shift in tone? Now he’s hearing reylo happens? I’m sure it will, but I don’t care for how they’re flip flopping so much.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Fri 11 Oct - 23:45

@Lovely_Rose wrote:Umm that’s not what he’s been implying so far. What’s with the sudden shift in tone? Now he’s hearing reylo happens? I’m sure it will, but I don’t care for how they’re flip flopping so much.
@Lovely_Rose

Exactly Jason Ward, just goes with the flow.. He doesn't have anything solid so he just changes his mind every week. Whatever. I am excited but not because JW says so. Heh. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 12 Oct - 0:15

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Lovely_Rose wrote:Umm that’s not what he’s been implying so far. What’s with the sudden shift in tone? Now he’s hearing reylo happens? I’m sure it will, but I don’t care for how they’re flip flopping so much.
@Lovely_Rose

Exactly Jason Ward, just goes with the flow.. He doesn't have anything solid so he just changes his mind every week. Whatever. I am excited but not because JW says so. Heh. Wink
@tukicarreno

Yeah, let's not suddenly treat Jason Ward as a reliable source of information. We say he's not reliable when he says things we don't like. I'm not going to also say he's reliable just because he's saying attractive things, lol. He has a business, and he's probably realized the Paxis route is currently played out and to try a different tactic.

Having said this, this does go along with the idea that he feels like he's hearing about two different films.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 12 Oct - 0:25

Jason DM’d this to a friend

Sorry had to delete screenshot, but yeh the KOR scene is hinted to be Reylo motivated according to JW.

Last edited by Riri on Sat 12 Oct - 2:11; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 12 Oct - 0:39

@Riri wrote:Jason DM’d this to a friend [edit]
@Riri

Wow how'd you find that? I was scrolling thru his feed, found he said this recently: I would say I'm more of a Reylos than not. That's why I'm confused at the vitriol of some. But I guess they're probably like 14 and really hormonal for hot Jedi people.

So he is a reylo? loll. Also is he the one married to the anti?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sat 12 Oct - 0:39

@Riri wrote:Jason DM’d this to a friend [edit]
@Riri

Then he jumps into the pit nearby because he has no weapon and never to be seen again so the Reyskys can have their tearful happy ending of Rey adopting the glittery legacy Organa Lars Chewbacca Palpatina Binks Skywalker last name?
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 12 Oct - 0:52

I'm not saying that more than one person can't have the same opinion, but I feel like he literally copied that almost verbatim from a poster on reddit.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sat 12 Oct - 1:04

@nickandnora wrote:I'm not saying that more than one person can't have the same opinion, but I feel like he literally copied that almost verbatim from a poster on reddit.
@nickandnora

It's probably one of the sock accounts he uses to downvote those who don't worship his leaks on reddit tho.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 12 Oct - 1:14

@OrionStars wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:I'm not saying that more than one person can't have the same opinion, but I feel like he literally copied that almost verbatim from a poster on reddit.
@nickandnora

It's probably one of the sock accounts he uses to downvote those who don't worship his leaks on reddit tho.
@OrionStars

Lol, nah the person who make this observation is a legitimate poster, pretty impartial (not a Reylo, but not a hater), and rather smart. It comes across more like he just took a smart person's idea and used it in discussion with his friend. Which is fine, but pretty funny for a lot of reasons.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 12 Oct - 1:17

@OrionStars No way he is SorrynotSpartacus, he is just unable articulate thoughts in such accurate way. I'm saying this as someone with limited written English. He just stole her interpretation because it's the most legit interpretation.

Another mod from SWL replied to me that it's possible that Disney is controling these leaks. He didn't say that he saw the proof from JP's source (I asked). He is on JP's side.

His reply:
I think you're forgetting that this isn't simple a fact thing yes or no it's best guess on what information has been found or come out. It could be disinformation put out by Disney who knows 100% for certain. You guys are trying to raise your pitchforks like we are the ones making the movie. You need to calm down. We have no reason to lie about anything. We are simple a means to relay info. A lot of incorrect info that's been put out to throw everyone off. People just need to take a chill pill and wait and see.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 12 Oct - 1:30

I know Spartacus and Jason have spoken before, also Spartacus uses her personal twitter. I actually questioned Jason about this, asking if they shared the same source, but he didnt know her reddit username, i then realised Spartacus has a personal twitter that she doesn't share with anyone.  Anyway Jason told me he's seen "parts of the end" that's why this info is reliable. i'm skeptical myself but i guess we'll find out in the coming months.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 12 Oct - 1:41

@special_cases wrote:@OrionStars No way he is SorrynotSpartacus, he is just unable articulate thoughts in such accurate way. I'm saying this as someone with limited written English. He just stole her interpretation because it's the most legit interpretation.

Another mod from SWL replied to me that it's possible that Disney is controling these leaks. He didn't say that he saw the proof from JP's source (I asked). He is on JP's side.

His reply:
I think you're forgetting that this isn't simple a fact thing yes or no it's best guess on what information has been found or come out. It could be disinformation put out by Disney who knows 100% for certain. You guys are trying to raise your pitchforks like we are the ones making the movie. You need to calm down. We have no reason to lie about anything. We are simple a means to relay info. A lot of incorrect info that's been put out to throw everyone off. People just need to take a chill pill and wait and see.
@special_cases

There is a serious lack of self-reflection, criticial thinking skills, and personal responsibility over at StarWarsLeaks. I'm very willing to entertain there are very clearly things that are leaked that will be seen in the upcoming trailer and the film itself. However, nobody asked for or wanted an 18 page manifesto of *everything* a source said, assumed, inferred, put together, and potentially made up. JP and whoever else got caught up in the idea that they had the whole movie and would be able to share it in advance, instead of wading through the mire and picking out the scraps of info that were most accurate (ie. free of speculation) and posting those. The fact that he has stated that this all amounts to an issue of "You either believe me, or you don't" is laughable as if there's no middle ground. That tells me a lot about him and/or his "source."

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 12 Oct - 1:46

Trailer Monday night folks...
This is not a drill

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Tenor
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 12 Oct - 2:17

@rey09 @OrionStars

Hey would you be able to delete that Jason Ward screenshot from your quote tweet of my post. I probs shouldn’t have shared that yet x

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 12 Oct - 2:19

Jason is claiming that there is a spoiler in this video.. Possibly In Michigan 1983

Possibly In Michigan is a 1983 short film written and directed by Cecelia Condit. It explores the predatory, often self-destructive aspects of love and romance, but also takes a dark look at female friendships; all served up with a liberal splash of surreal horror. It can be viewed here.
The film introduces us to two friends, Sharon and Janice, whose thoroughly banal afternoon at a shopping mall is overshadowed by a looming, sinister presence...

This is what I got...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 MV5BZTU1Y2Y4YmEtNGY1Yi00NzBmLTg2NjQtOTAxMWU4ZmE2ZGU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYxMzY2NDk@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 37 Padmes-Dead
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 12 Oct - 2:24

@Riri wrote:@rey09 @OrionStars

Hey would you be able to delete that Jason Ward screenshot from your quote tweet of my post. I probs shouldn’t have shared that yet x
@Riri
Don't worry, I'll edit the posts Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Oct - 2:33

While I salute @Riri for scooping the self proclaimed journalist/Editor in Chief, I'm still confused - why are people talking about this on a thread about spoilers? Shouldn't there be a thread for re-hasing drama/gossip about Reddit and Twitter because this is not speculation or spoilers, it's drama.

The only thing these "insiders" (they're not, they're attention seekers acting in bad faith) are interested in is continuing to dominate the discussion. They're used to being the center of attention and having SW be what they want. Some of this s*** in their minds is doing the right thing, reassuring themselves and other fans/boys) like them that things will be okay and fake fans like JJ aren't going to "ruin" Star Wars. So when these "leaks" (which are not spoilers, spoilers are what's verified because the movie has screened for public consumption) come out, it just f**s over the type of fans who got shoved out of the discussion by these guys before TFA and which they're still trying to do. People get stressed/worry and it also shapes what they think will happen based on one (not very smart) person's bias and assumptions.

It's not just Star Wars, this **t is happening all the time now where you get things like people not vaccinating their kids, thinking the Earth is flat, et cetera. It's all bad faith actions which f**k with people and cause real damage beyond just a movie about Space Wizards. But in the meanwhile, why are people giving any of these gasbags their attention when they collectively lack the ethics and braincells to even figure out any actual spoilers if those were tossed their way? You're literally allowing them to gatekeep your experience with thinking about/looking forward to the last movie of the trilogy/Saga, which is what they want.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 12 Oct - 3:11

My theory on JW's morning peacocking... it's morning if you are in Los Angeles area... is that he has seen the trailer
There was a rumor that theaters have the trailer under lock and are going to run it front of Maleficent.
Now.. how would he see the trailer that is under lock? Paying some poor schlock that is how...

JW is now disputing the rumor that Boyega's managers said the trailer is on Monday..

mmm... HOT MESS...

that is all
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 12 Oct - 3:34

Jason claims he's more Reylo than not, since when, lol. My timeline hasn't gotten over the Reylos being "horny 14-year olds who want two fictional characters to kiss" comment, meanwhile he still claims he's a feminist. These statements don't really go together, he's just trying to play both sides.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 12 Oct - 3:55

@Saracene wrote:Rey’s problem is that she’s a protagonist in an ongoing family saga that she (so far) has no personal connection to. I think that it wouldn’t have been an issue if the ST was a soft reboot like JJ’s Star Trek, where the OT characters were there but firmly in the background. But the ST instead introduced the whole family tragedy and a legacy character in Ben Solo, which is basically like throwing a lead ball on a rubber sheet, it’s going to distort everything around it. If you’re trying to tell new unconnected characters’ stories *and* continue the saga, the new characters and their stories will suffer because they simply can’t have the same weight. In this sort of story, connections and blood relations matter, which is why Kylo is the character with the most dramatic meat to him (and BTW, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say that Kylo’s lineage “diminishes” his character or makes his story “not really about him”).

As for JJ and RotS, we’ll wait and see, but bringing Palpatine back to me certainly smacks of trying to fix the Big Bad vacuum that TLJ created. It was a bold move to kill off Snoke, but it means that the next film needed to figure out Kylo’s redemption story without a bigger villain in it, or choose an unlikely Big Bad in Hux say. JJ clearly chose to steer the ship back into the familiar waters.
@Saracene

You nailed the real problem - if we can use this word - of Rey's character. Rey is a nice character and all that jazz, but we know too little about her and she is the protagonist in a movie where we have the Skywalker saga going on. Where the the son of two beloved characters of this saga turned to the dark side and his conflicts seem bigger than Rey.

In a movie about Rey, I'm more interested in knowing if Kylo you be redeemed or not, because he is the son of Leia and Han, because he is part of the Skywalker family. While Rey shall have a sad past, it's not that touching and dramatic - because we really don't know her. It's sad to say, but her interaction with Kylo brings drama to her arc. And to wait till the last move to give her some closure is too late IMO.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum