Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Riri on Fri 11 Oct - 19:26

He has been in a really pissy mood the whole day, wonder why hmm. His comment was aimed at a group of Reylo’s who were mocking him about his leaks but his response was pretty douchey nonetheless, he is awful with his choice of words.

Regardless, I pretty much play nice to get information out of him lol. Interesting about his turn regarding Reylo, especially after he teased one-sides FinnRey not so long ago. He claims he has seen some footage, honestly I am highly skeptical about this but it’s always fun to speculate.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Fri 11 Oct - 19:28

Wow, I didn't expect something as big as VF to cover the "where's Rose" thing, but there you go. They link to a number of the Twitter posts I put here as well, including Jenny's. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/star-wars-wheres-rose-kelly-marie-tran
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Fri 11 Oct - 20:10

Lets stick to the spoilers. We have threads to air our feelings in Fan Fatigue. If you want to talk about the spoilers and whether they are real or not is fine. If you want to talk about the leakers tweets/messages/posts towards someone or a fan group take it to Fan Fatigue.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Oct - 20:16

@Atenais wrote:
@Saracene wrote:Rey’s problem is that she’s a protagonist in an ongoing family saga that she (so far) has no personal connection to. I think that it wouldn’t have been an issue if the ST was a soft reboot like JJ’s Star Trek, where the OT characters were there but firmly in the background. But the ST instead introduced the whole family tragedy and a legacy character in Ben Solo, which is basically like throwing a lead ball on a rubber sheet, it’s going to distort everything around it. If you’re trying to tell new unconnected characters’ stories *and* continue the saga, the new characters and their stories will suffer because they simply can’t have the same weight. In this sort of story, connections and blood relations matter, which is why Kylo is the character with the most dramatic meat to him (and BTW, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say that Kylo’s lineage “diminishes” his character or makes his story “not really about him”).

As for JJ and RotS, we’ll wait and see, but bringing Palpatine back to me certainly smacks of trying to fix the Big Bad vacuum that TLJ created. It was a bold move to kill off Snoke, but it means that the next film needed to figure out Kylo’s redemption story without a bigger villain in it, or choose an unlikely Big Bad in Hux say. JJ clearly chose to steer the ship back into the familiar waters.
@Saracene

You nailed the real problem - if we can use this word - of Rey's character. Rey is a nice character and all that jazz, but we know too little about her and she is the protagonist in a movie where we have the Skywalker saga going on. Where the the son of two beloved characters of this saga turned to the dark side and his conflicts seem bigger than Rey.

In a movie about Rey, I'm more interested in knowing if Kylo you be redeemed or not, because he is the son of Leia and Han, because he is part of the Skywalker family. While Rey shall have a sad past, it's not that touching and dramatic - because we really don't know her. It's sad to say, but her interaction with Kylo brings drama to her arc. And to wait till the last move to give her some closure is too late IMO.
@Atenais

Very astute... ITA 100%
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 12 Oct - 0:04

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Ee27522f10ac3a8809e43afc27d38066d266a9bd

GUYS IT’S HAPPENING
NEW SW9 TRAILER CONFIRMED FOR MONDAY!!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 12 Oct - 1:04

Lawd...let us prepare ourselves!

I think tonight is the night that I'm finally  wishing I never got so invested in all of this. Laughing

I want so badly to just approach this film like a basic audience member! Lol. The way I approached TFA.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 12 Oct - 18:36

@Gemini wrote:Lawd...let us prepare ourselves!

I think tonight is the night that I'm finally  wishing I never got so invested in all of this. Laughing

I want so badly to just approach this film like a basic audience member! Lol. The way I approached TFA.
@Gemini

the passion for this new trilogy was not immediately a boom for me.
but it was a gradual change and then turned into an unbridled passion.
After the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter I thought I no longer had so much passion for a trilogy. reylo has arrived and everything has changed Smile Smile
I'm sure I'll cry for happines and not caring if I'm a boy. Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Sat 12 Oct - 18:39

Before further speaking about JW or JP again please reread my post from yesterday:

Lets stick to the spoilers. We have threads to air our feelings in Fan Fatigue. If you want to talk about the spoilers and whether they are real or not is fine. If you want to talk about the leakers tweets/messages/posts towards someone or a fan group take it to Fan Fatigue.

If your post does not fit the above then move it to Fan Fatigue.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 12 Oct - 19:10

New MSW tidbits.

MakingStarWars’ ‘Now, This is Podcasting!’ Episode 285 tidbits

Copied and pasted from Reddit. I have taken out the parts where Jason moans about everyone.

• thinks the movie will go in some way for the Reylos but not all the way and therefore not enough for some. He explains what he means by this saying Ben throws away his lightsaber and faces the Knights of Ren without a weapon just to stop Rey turning to the darkside and calls this peak Reylo - this is what he meant when saying some Reylo’s will be happy and not that Jedi Paxis was wrong.
* Says there is a kiss in the movie but it’s not between Rey and Kylo or characters your really care about.

• Says the people who generally post notes from the podcast do a good job but the people responding take it too far. For example he says responders twisted what he said about Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige. In his personal opinion he thinks nobody at Disney or LucasFilm truly knows what will happen with Kathleen Kennedy but there’s people in the company saying to him and others how they think it is going to go and he thinks (hasn’t heard anything) that TROS’ performance will determine the outcome.

• Wonders what’s happened with the Cassian Andor show, ponders if it’s been delayed or stalled. Finds it weird he’s getting info on The Mandalorian season two, Obi Wan and others he can’t talk about but nothing on Cassian.

• In his personal opinion he thinks the future movie schedule of Star Wars (Feige, Rian Johnson etc.) hinges on TROS.

• Says he and Randy have seen footage. Jason says that by the time you see Ben going up against Palpatine he has had his a** kicked, “he looks f**** up” after his battle with the Knights of Ren. Ben is all sweaty, bloody, bruised up and veins are popping out.

• Doesn’t think all of Jedi Paxis’ amendments are reshoot changes but just updated information. For example he says that Bespin Bulletin was telling Jason for a long time that Kylo fights the Knights of Ren and gets his a** beat but that’s only now appearing in the Jedi Paxis report.

• Talks about people making a big deal of Jason saying he felt like a fraud and says what he meant by it is it feels s*** because things change throughout production, editing, reshoots etc. because it’s natural and he expects it as it’s his fifth time covering a Star Wars movie. Despite being confident you feel vulnerable until you see evidence and possibly dubbed a liar which people are doing just because information has changed. Clarifies things he had wrong about The Last Jedi as people keeping bringing it up.

• Talks about the TROS trailer. Says that Black Series Rebels aren’t leakers or scoopers but respected what they did and ever since he’s only heard October 21st from sources. Says that originally he was hearing that the trailer was supposed to come out at D23 but it wasn’t up to JJ Abrams’ standards and that one had the Kylo on Exogol stuff. From what it sounds like October 21st is the earliest date as some sources were saying the trailer wasn’t fully finished for example one source said there was a shot of the Falcon that looked like PS3 graphics.

————

Just wanna say, Jason did DM me and tell me that Kylo faces the KOR with no weapon becus he desperately wants to amend things with the girl he loves.

Also if the kiss is between two characters we dont care about, then its probably Poe and Zorri, doesnt mean there wont be a Reylo kiss.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 12 Oct - 19:21

Who knows if it’s true, but an ugly fight between Ben and the KoR sounds good to me.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 12 Oct - 19:41

@Riri wrote:  

• thinks the movie will go in some way for the Reylos but not all the way and therefore not enough for some.
@Riri

I LOLed Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 12 Oct - 19:49

@Riri wrote: New MSW tidbits.

• Says he and Randy have seen footage. Jason says that by the time you see Ben going up against Palpatine he has had his a** kicked, “he looks f**** up” after his battle with the Knights of Ren. Ben is all sweaty, bloody, bruised up and veins are popping out.
• Doesn’t think all of Jedi Paxis’ amendments are reshoot changes but just updated information. For example he says that Bespin Bulletin was telling Jason for a long time that Kylo fights the Knights of Ren and gets his a** beat but that’s only now appearing in the Jedi Paxis report.
Also if the kiss is between two characters we dont care about, then its probably Poe and Zorri, doesnt mean there wont be a Reylo kiss.
@Riri

I 100% believe that J.a.s.o.n. has seen footage. I think he has seen the new trailer is my best guess... everything else that he is calling a "leak" could be guessed from the plot of the previous two movies in the ST.. and the AD's makeup accidental leak from the final day of shooting..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 12 Oct - 19:53

How is fighting the KOR without a lightsaber a show of love...or preventing her from turning dark? He just needs to fight them lol. Yea he's super powerful he technically doesn't need a saber but so what if he did. Daisy suggested actions may speak louder than words in terms of redemption, and for Kylo he's gotta do something ultra huge.

Does anyone remember if the force bond scenes were leaked in TLJ? Like the hand scene or the others? Or the fight with the praetorian guards? Those were major reylo scenes so if ppl didn't know about those scenes then, why would anyone know about reylo scenes now?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 12 Oct - 20:37

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Riri

I 100% believe that J.a.s.o.n. has seen footage. I think he has seen the new trailer is my best guess... everything else that he is calling a "leak" could be guessed from the plot of the previous two movies in the ST.. and the AD's makeup accidental leak from the final day of shooting..

@spacebaby45678

I was going to say, the most reasonable speculation that I have is that the footage is from the trailer, otherwise I have no earthly clue how someone like Jason of all people would see it. However, if it's from the trailer, then it can't ultimately be that "spoilery."

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 12 Oct - 20:46

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Riri wrote:  

• thinks the movie will go in some way for the Reylos but not all the way and therefore not enough for some.
@Riri

I LOLed Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Notice the word *thinks Wink lol Laughing
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 12 Oct - 20:50

No the hand touch scene did not leak nor did the shirtless kylo scene. Luke's death did not leak. The only leak that was accurate was Luke blowing up the hut and Kylo talking to Rey in her hut but we didn't know the context of the scene.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 12 Oct - 20:59

MakingStarWars’ ‘Now, This is Podcasting!’ Episode 285 tidbits

Copied and pasted from Reddit. I have taken out the parts where Jason moans about everyone.

• thinks the movie will go in some way for the Reylos but not all the way and therefore not enough for some. He explains what he means by this saying Ben throws away his lightsaber and faces the Knights of Ren without a weapon just to stop Rey turning to the darkside and calls this peak Reylo - this is what he meant when saying some Reylo’s will be happy and not that Jedi Paxis was wrong.
* Says there is a kiss in the movie but it’s not between Rey and Kylo or characters your really care about.

• Says the people who generally post notes from the podcast do a good job but the people responding take it too far. For example he says responders twisted what he said about Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige. In his personal opinion he thinks nobody at Disney or LucasFilm truly knows what will happen with Kathleen Kennedy but there’s people in the company saying to him and others how they think it is going to go and he thinks (hasn’t heard anything) that TROS’ performance will determine the outcome.

• Wonders what’s happened with the Cassian Andor show, ponders if it’s been delayed or stalled. Finds it weird he’s getting info on The Mandalorian season two, Obi Wan and others he can’t talk about but nothing on Cassian.

• In his personal opinion he thinks the future movie schedule of Star Wars (Feige, Rian Johnson etc.) hinges on TROS.

• Talks about people making a big deal of Jason saying he felt like a fraud and says what he meant by it is it feels s*** because things change throughout production, editing, reshoots etc. because it’s natural and he expects it as it’s his fifth time covering a Star Wars movie. Despite being confident you feel vulnerable until you see evidence and possibly dubbed a liar which people are doing just because information has changed. Clarifies things he had wrong about The Last Jedi as people keeping bringing it up.

• Talks about the TROS trailer. Says that Black Series Rebels aren’t leakers or scoopers but respected what they did and ever since he’s only heard October 21st from sources. Says that originally he was hearing that the trailer was supposed to come out at D23 but it wasn’t up to JJ Abrams’ standards and that one had the Kylo on Exogol stuff. From what it sounds like October 21st is the earliest date as some sources were saying the trailer wasn’t fully finished for example one source said there was a shot of the Falcon that looked like PS3 graphics.

————

Just wanna say, Jason did DM me and tell me that Kylo faces the KOR with no weapon becus he desperately wants to amend things with the girl he loves.

@Riri

He is speculating all this just because some footage he has seen? Come on! They wouldn't show him the Reylo kiss anyway! So yeah, he is just trying to cover face whatever.. Rolling Eyes
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 12 Oct - 21:05

@nickandnora wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Riri

@spacebaby45678
I was going to say, the most reasonable speculation that I have is that the footage is from the trailer, otherwise I have no earthly clue how someone like Jason of all people would see it. However, if it's from the trailer, then it can't ultimately be that "spoilery."
@nickandnora

Exactly, you would think that by now people at LF and Disney know that JW is a leaker and they would never show him footage.

tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 12 Oct - 21:29

I can imagine that if there is some core scenes with Rey (parentage), Kylo (turning, the end) and intimate moments between two of them, these scenes were inspected during raw cut, edited separately and stored until last weeks of working on final cut. Which would be closer to right now because Willaims need to work on recording.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 12 Oct - 22:01

Agree that the biggest twists and moments in TLJ didn't leak at all until the film came out. We've suspected, and heard bits and pieces, maybe even saw in the teaser and VF, that Kylo has a smackdown with the KOR. I'm so hype.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 12 Oct - 22:57

I think it’s a given that Kylo does something huge for Rey’s sake at some point in the film, fighting KoR could easily be it.

Though JW’s idea of “peak Reylo” is a tad weird; this scene would be a proof of Kylo genuinely caring for Rey, but like everything else so far it’s just showing that the relationship is complicated on Kylo’s side. One-sided Reylo can’t be a “peak”.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 12 Oct - 23:11

@Saracene wrote:I think it’s a given that Kylo does something huge for Rey’s sake at some point in the film, fighting KoR could easily be it.

Though JW’s idea of “peak Reylo” is a tad weird; this scene would be a proof of Kylo genuinely caring for Rey, but like everything else so far it’s just showing that the relationship is complicated on Kylo’s side. One-sided Reylo can’t be a “peak”.
@Saracene

lol exactly it doesn't even sound that great, like him fighting the KOR is expected. Now the rumors of him sacrificing his life and subsequent resurrection via rey the force or whoever would be peak I'd day. And in that case, how could rey not kiss kylo after that? Lol All these big moment highly doubt other ppl could know about.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 12 Oct - 23:36

Just looking at the story they are telling us, I can't believe we w ont get a kiss between Rey and Kylo. At least one kiss....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 12 Oct - 23:46

@special_cases wrote:I can imagine that if there is some core scenes with Rey (parentage), Kylo (turning, the end) and intimate moments between two of them, these scenes were inspected during raw cut, edited separately and stored until last weeks of working on final cut. Which would be closer to right now because Willaims need to work on recording.
@special_cases

I've definitely thought about this too, that J.J. must have footage he's literally keeping right next to him until he has to give it to like 1-2 people to complete the movie. He probably sleeps on top of it at night, lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 12 Oct - 23:48

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 38 Tumblr_pza77ju3zl1y8hadgo1_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum