The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by MaddieDove on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 9:20

@Gemini wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:@cherrylipstick
Mesmerised by that gif - what a striking silhouette. We need a lip reader on this forum

Also wondering if these two images are from the same scene as there seems to be periodic flashes or sparks. There was speculation about the light effects in Kylo’s face I read but I think that’s for another thread

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 4b6fa810
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 55c42510

EDIT  Watching it again I’m wondering if it could be a force bond moment we saw a similar play of light in the trailer for TLJ before we knew about Force Skype?
@MrsWindu

apparently according to some spoiler. That's the face she makes when Kylo comes back to help her. That's him turning to return to the fight.
@Gemini

many sweet things can be imagined here, lol. like, she's nodding lightly, and he's going towards her to kiss her Embarassed
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 9:24

I do believe JW and his type of "fanboiz" are 100% fake, probably the only thing they saw was some footage of the trailer back then. And they wrote their nonsense fanfiction based on those scenes.

I just don't want to believe that their stupid trash is the actual TROS script. No.

The only thing I disliked in this trailer ( both the trailer and the poster looks like as if the DLF team made them in rush to be honest ) was that part when Finn ran after Rey screaming...like please not this again. It makes him look like some crazy, obsessed stalker. Rey is an adult woman, not to mention he doesn't really know her. And she does not owes any explanation to him about her private life....their b&b friendship always felt fake to me, never made any sense and seems like it's based on the real life friendship between the two actors.
Instead of following Rey, he should be with Rose lol.

Ah, the marketing trio and their forced friendship...

Kylo, the Skywalker of this trilolgy felt like a sidekick character. Rey making animalistic, grumpy, angry faces at him whom she supposed to be in love with is kind of boring now and I also find it irritating.

But I loved the way Finn said " GOOD people" instead of " rebels"...like I think people, creatuers will unite from every side, including the FO ( the humanized the s*** out of them for a reason ) to destroy the great Evil, aka Palpatine and his Hux/Pryde/Sith Trooper army. And they will creat something new and built a new world together. 😊💕

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 9:24

@MrsWindu wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:doubts, I am doubtful

rey has a dagger in her left hand...why ?
Is Rey the one who destroys the black thing?  Focus on Kylo...uhm....doubts

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 95e7830d33bd28671c06e6e2b1817cbffb00601d

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 E465d6fa5eb6490f1c9a63a14432fdb40c7ab7d3
@Teo oswald

some are saying kylo is actually trying to deflect rey's move.

Another point it seems like the same area from the first trailer where he's in a white room with vader's helmet. I'm guessing he takes off his mask then.
@rey09

I wish I could post the slo mo version of this scene I’m playing around with on iMovie. I couldn’t say for certain there’s a deflection. Their stances are not very defensive and it almost looks relaxed ? There is also something like rubbish strewn on the floor to the right . For me there does seems to be a move by Kylo right at the end as if he’s reaching up to his mask, probably to remove it like you say. It’s difficult to spot - at first it looked like he was flinching.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 E20cc910
@MrsWindu

I agree with you, their position, they turn around too much, after the struck, doesn't look like they were fighting each other.

And, yes, when I saw the scene a couple of times, I thought that maybe his left hand was going to take of the mask.

@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:(...)

Kylo, the Skywalker of this trilolgy felt like a sidekick character. Rey making animalistic, grumpy, angry faces at him whom she supposed to be in love with is kind of boring now and I also find it irritating.

(...)
@Oscarborough-fairo

Totally agree with you. I know that Rey is the prota, I [use to] like her character, but Kylo should be very important, c'mon, he is the last Skywalker in this trilogy.

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 9:29; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 9:25

One tiny thing I noticed watching the trailer with headphones on, the very start of the trailer which introduces the fairy tale music and the shot of Rey running through the forest, you can hear very softly the same Force Bond/Saber Igniting sound that starts in Takodana right when she realizes somebody's hunting her and then Kylo appears.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 10:05

Even if the trailer isn't as dramatic as the earlier ones, without something as shocking as the final shots of the previous two, I think I liked it more than the teaser, and in some ways more than the saga trailer. Mostly because it got to the actual point and didn't have much BS. They're being more open than some thought they'd be, and there's more characters represented here. The ending of this trailer was much gentler than the others, and more sweet and hopeful. Also suggests a happy ending.

I agree with whoever said earlier that this is for people who actually like the ST. Earlier promo was still trying not to step on anyone's toes, though it was also more open than I'd expected.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 12:36

Idk if mentioned before, I just realized myself now how the on the poster the falcon is on the half of where kylo's face would be. And right between kylo and rey. Interesting...

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 14:33

@rey09 wrote:Idk if mentioned before, I just realized myself now how the on the poster the falcon is on the half of where kylo's face would be. And right between kylo and rey. Interesting...
@rey09

Someone also noted that the falcon was on the part of his face Han touched in TFA.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 14:37

@LadyGaufrette wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Idk if mentioned before, I just realized myself now how the on the poster the falcon is on the half of where kylo's face would be. And right between kylo and rey. Interesting...
@rey09

Someone also noted that the falcon was on the part of his face Han touched in TFA.
@LadyGaufrette

o yea so true!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 15:24

With the "star wars" trailers you really can't know the plot of the movie. It's always all out of date and there are deceptive dialogues and cuts for you to believe something that isn't. I'm just going to say that whatever happens I'm happy to have been fan reylo.Rey and Kylo are such wonderful and nuanced characters.They have so much chemistry.It gives me goosebumps every time they interact with each other.It is something magical.I am very grateful that they exist in this universe.
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 15:36

@Teo oswald wrote:@MrsWindu

even in the last of Jedi Rey  had an angry, determined face, but we know that she went to him to take him to the light.
It will happen again. now we see her very determined but then how will she be?

it looks like a small temple containing Vader's helmet

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene012
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene013
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene014
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene015

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Abdb1cc2a8ce0464f2d22686d72f39dffd4d7bea

what do you think?

pride and prejudice is here !!!
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 D874507884de2ae5ffec18b4f1e43649aa26e69b

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 A7469911532e1a52588ae9b30ffb7d00576edbd9

a fight or a try to talk? I don't see their duels as an attempt to kill.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Dc7d0e074d935ab71297ad5ead67cd02ff4be0e7

we understand, rey has the lightsaber on
not him
I want the proposal!!

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 B6cae59b41b1065b61232e1509abbe81c3f2374f
@Teo oswald

Hi my fellow Reylos Smile

Sorry, I'm late to the party. Too busy with my job. I have no time right now to make a long review but I just wanted to tell that I love that final trailer. It's visually thrilling and the music is the best thing in it. One little detail that strikes me in this specific shot. In the precedent teaser, Rey appeared with a dark robe and a red lightsaber. Now, in this trailer, she appears with a dagger. Both of these shots reminds of the original concept art for Padme when she was supposed to murder Anakin with a dagger...except that Rey would save Ben by destroying the mask (break of the spell?)
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Maxres10
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Rise-o10
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Rey-an10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 15:54

One of my coworkers, who knows I am a reylo (she just thinks they'll be friends...) Saw the trailer. First thing she says to me, "I bet you were really happy!" Laughing
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 15:55

Well, to discuss of lighter things, I found this nice theory on twitter that maybe the poster we had was part of a set of 3 posters.
It could explain why the disposition feels a little off.
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 EHgIdmQU8AET6qv

I think it would be nice, TFA had 1 piece, TLJ had a set of 2 pieces and TROS would have a set of 3 pieces.
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 PosterTLJ
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 16:34

That Pride& Prejudice scene totally sells Reylo to GA. It's a good thing that there is nothing explicit because it would have meant a tragedy for love in the end. It's more like "Oh my good that romantic thing is still on in this movie, but how???".
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 16:56

@LadyGaufrette wrote:Well, to discuss of lighter things, I found this nice theory on twitter that maybe the poster we had was part of a set of 3 posters.

I think it would be nice, TFA had 1 piece, TLJ had a set of 2 pieces and TROS would have a set of 3 pieces.
@LadyGaufrette

Oh, this is a neat idea. We know they are stalling a bunch of their merchandising for after the premiere; I wonder if this is in that same category? They seem adamant not to show Ben's face (or Palpatine's real visage) in posters. Maybe this is why.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bruna8728 on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 17:02

@LadyGaufrette Yes I feel that this poster is incomplete too and 3 parts makes more sense. Before I had visualized 2 parts, the other one with Ben without the mask and Leia, ah and the head of Dark Rey in the same spot where is the head of Kylo with mask.

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 19:13

Kylo emerges from the mist, a look of determination written across his face, everything within him screaming "kiss her, kiss her!" He knows what he wants. He wants her.

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 19:30; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 19:28

After thinking about it for a day, I liked the two teasers from earlier this year (Celebration & D23) more. I just got more excited when they came out than I did last night.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 20:10

@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:I do believe JW and his type of "fanboiz" are 100% fake, probably the only thing they saw was some footage of the trailer back then. And they wrote their nonsense fanfiction based on those scenes.

I just don't want to believe that their stupid trash is the actual TROS script. No.

The only thing I disliked in this trailer ( both the trailer and the poster looks like as if the DLF team made them in rush to be honest ) was that part when Finn ran after Rey screaming...like please not this again. It makes him look like some crazy, obsessed stalker. Rey is an adult woman, not to mention he doesn't really know her. And she does not owes any explanation to him about her private life....their b&b friendship always felt fake to me, never made any sense and seems like it's based on the real life friendship between the two actors.
Instead of following Rey, he should be with Rose lol.

Ah, the marketing trio and their forced friendship...

But I loved the way Finn said " GOOD people" instead of " rebels"...like I think people, creatuers will unite from every side, including the FO ( the humanized the s*** out of them for a reason ) to destroy the great Evil, aka Palpatine and his Hux/Pryde/Sith Trooper army. And they will creat something new and built a new world together. 😊💕

@Oscarborough-fairo

Well, Finn will have been her friend in rough circumstances for over a year at this point, so it’s probably safe to assume that he WILL really know her by then. And if they’re on a mission together and Rose is back at the base as one of the leaders, and he turns around and Rey is locked in combat with his terrifying former superior/leader, I think it would be legit for him to run toward her to help.

I also think it’s expected for Rey to look angry at Kylo at first— if he’s been stuck in his Supreme Leader mode, trying to be the tough bad guy that he isn’t and that she knows he isn’t, I think she’s allowed to wish he’d just get over it. She’s half in love with him and he’s stuck in this toxic behavior and belief system— she looks angry because she cares deeply about him. The opposite of love isn’t hate— it’s apathy. It gives me hope that she’s not apathetic about Kylo— she’s angry and disappointed. It won’t last.

I liked the “good people” line also, but I’m pretty sure it’s Poe doing a Resistance pep talk. I think Finn is the first voiceover talking about the Force and how it brought them together. I believe it brought Kylo together with them also— the terrifying general with these strange magical powers as far as the stormtroopers are concerned, who felt Finn’s hesitation on Jakku and understood it and walked on. His decision to ignore Finn’s breakdown as a soldier and his betrayal of the FO sets things in motion at the start of TFA. I really want to see Finn and Kylo working together in this, with Rey or to help her. I believe in a happy ending for all three of them.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 20:27

@Lily Snape Thank you. I love Finn as a character. The way he and Rey meet, team up, steal the falcon and learn about the force from Han, and get swept up in the story together, I thought, was wonderful in TFA. I don't think it has to take away from Reylo. They came into this adventure together from a similar place, both trying to find their place. I think they have an easy friendship. I think relationships are not about finding the easiest one - it's finding the one that helps you go where you need to go, and where you can help the other person go where they need to go. That's Ben for Rey. But the thing about Finn is, I think that he's there for Rey and she for him. If it was important for Rey to team up with Ben, try to redeem him, fall in love with him, et cetera, I think Finn would be there for his friend and support her. And I think that's what we're going to see.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 22 Oct 2019 - 21:23

@fuhry wrote:@Lily Snape Thank you. I love Finn as a character. The way he and Rey meet, team up, steal the falcon and learn about the force from Han, and get swept up in the story together, I thought, was wonderful in TFA. I don't think it has to take away from Reylo. They came into this adventure together from a similar place, both trying to find their place. I think they have an easy friendship. I think relationships are not about finding the easiest one - it's finding the one that helps you go where you need to go, and where you can help the other person go where they need to go. That's Ben for Rey. But the thing about Finn is, I think that he's there for Rey and she for him. If it was important for Rey to team up with Ben, try to redeem him, fall in love with him, et cetera, I think Finn would be there for his friend and support her. And I think that's what we're going to see.
@fuhry

I agree— Finn is one of my favorite characters, and it doesn’t take anything away from how amazing a character I think Kylo is. They’re just different, and they play really different roles in Rey’s life. As for Finn and Rey, I too loved their incipient friendship in TFA — they’re both so young, trying to find their place, trying to figure out who they are and what they’re going to live for. They’re thrown together by their circumstances and form this easy friendship— and I’m so glad their characters have that, because Finn has to learn about this world he never lived in and find his place in it, whereas Rey has this tremendous newfound power and responsibility. And they both have lonely, messed-up childhoods— they’re probably each other’s first real friend. Remember the look on Finn’s face when she offers him a hand to help him up in the marketplace on Jakku? No one has ever voluntarily helped him before, from the looks of it. And her response when he comes back for her on Starkiller Base.

Her romance with Ben— and obviously I believe A) it’s a romance, and B) he’s more Ben than Kylo— will be amazing, with their Force connection and how deeply they know each other, but they’re basically the leaders on opposite sides in a war, so it’s complex. Her friendship with Finn might be complicated by her connection to Kylo/Ben, but even there, I think he’ll support her, just like I don’t buy “jealous Rey” in response to his relationship with Rose. I think their friendship is one of the reasons I’ve enjoyed the ST so much.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy on Wed 23 Oct 2019 - 3:32

I really liked this new trailer, I can't believe we have this much Relylo scenes, and oh the "no one does" "but I do" bounce bounce
I can't wait to see what happens...but I'm also a bit afraid : what if everything was made to make us like Kylo/Ben only to make us care if he dies at the end (I'm really really afraid about that but I really hope I'm wrong).

Yayyy Kylo walking in the mist looks like Pride and Prejudice cheers

Them fighting one against the other could be a training ?

I also liked the fact that there are all kinds of landscapes (forest, desert, water (that one looked so cool ! )
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 23 Oct 2019 - 3:51

Hi everyone, real life has been keeping me busy. torture having the trailer drop right the middle of my work day... I've been reading and enjoying hearing your thoughts!!

Hello Mods -  I've decided to avoid leaks, and stick to officially sanctioned info only now - can we clarify what threads are for spoilers, and what is considered a spoiler at this point? or what needs to be 'spoilered' at this point please? This way I'll know where is safe for me to wander into lol. thanks. Has anyone else made a similar decision? just curious..

I can resist the temptation to enter the spoilers thread haaa but I can't resist just a little trailer analysis when I should be doing other things in my busy week. lol  Embarassed
Just been browsing on starwars.com and I found something I had not noticed in the trailer - I think this was too blurry so I couldn't see who was behind Finn! Here:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Ep9-ff-001746_7798a74b
Jannah is behind Finn on the wreckage..
How interesting...

this scene here:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Ep9-ff-001922_66ec9253
I've seen others mention this and I agree with you- something feels strange about it, like it's not what it first appears. Not sure what to make of it..
those who saw the dagger have great eyes!!! I wonder what that's all about..
the way Kylo swings at it is kind of weird.. lol I'm wondering if she has snuck into his little Vader relics room and he catches her through the bond.. and tries to stop her destroying Vader's mask.
The thought that this relic may be damaging Kylo in some way is not new: since we saw him talking to it in TFA and saying grandfather show me again the power of the dark side - when his grandfather should not have been showing him that at that point because he turned back to the light.. hmmm..
I will just point out two things about this mask:
1) it was present when palpatine went down that shaft and 'died'
2) the lightsaber Rey wields was originally Anakin's.. so it's quite poetic to see it swiping at the mask which represents Anakin's turn from the light..
...anyway, must try and hold myself back till the weekend to delve further into this..

Brief general comment regarding the trailer - I think they are going for an epic final battle vibe while emphasizing good coming together to fight bad. but as expected there's little info about the actual plot. C3PO's scene gave me feels. shocked. he usually irritates the daylights out of me but I found myself saying noooo let him be okay! lol. I think they cut lots of scenes together that are actually not together at all - like I don't think R2D2 is actually with C3PO on Kijimi when he undertakes this dangerous procedure of (Babu Frik is too cute!!).. but in terms of story, and needing to possibly say goodbye to friends, it totally makes sense. Plus, we the audience are saying goodbye to the skywalker saga.. and it will be with us... always! so I feel they are being quite meta in the trailer message..
Lots of new shots so I really can't complain much except.. I wanted the Knights of Ren!!!! LOL.. I guess the anticipation will now be so much greater to see them in the film! I look forward to exploring further with you all..  
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Wed 23 Oct 2019 - 4:17

I just watched a bunch of video reactions of the final trailer on youtube and I couldn't stop, it was like a drug Laughing I loved them because I got emotional everytime seeing all those people smiling and crying and screaming, they were so involved and that's great! It's one of the things I love the most about this fandom, despite the flaws and certain bad elements, it's a fandom that is so involved and passionate!

I'm not a very optimistic person normally (quite the contrary) and I'm keeping my expectations under control because I don't want to be disappointed like I was with TLJ, but I don't know why I'm still very positive about this movie.
The leakers could be right or could be wrong I don't know and right now I don't even care, I'm only certain about few things: SW are movies about love, friendship, family, hope and also second chances. That's what I loved about them and that's why  I really don't see JJ and the others wanting us all depressed and sad in the end. I just can't see it.

Anyway this trailer made sure that the movie will be a rollercoaster of feelings so I will bring a lot of tissues, I'm sure I'll need them  Help  Cry

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 23 Oct 2019 - 5:13

interesting things :

rey is training, the helmet is very similar to that seen in the return of the jedi on the planet Endor.

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene016
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene017

sorry for low quality.

next to Finn is the medical droid
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 Scene018

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 10 2-1b-droid-main-image_546a90ad

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 23 Oct 2019 - 13:09

@LadyGaufrette wrote:Well, to discuss of lighter things, I found this nice theory on twitter that maybe the poster we had was part of a set of 3 posters.

@LadyGaufrette

I want the sketchy poster in the middle. Look at Rey with the buns and Ben with wavy hair in his face. It’s awesome.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum