The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 23 Oct - 21:47

“Wet sad boy Kylo” at 0:56 Laughing

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 23 Oct - 22:03

@SanghaRen wrote:“Wet sad boy Kylo” at 0:56 Laughing

@SanghaRen

Haha! I agree with one that said he looks like a wet cat. teehee

What got my attention to: "THEY're destroying Kylo's Darth Vader shrine"
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 23 Oct - 22:40

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Well his force sound is a cat’s modified purr so it fits  Laughing

I know, my ears also perked up at “they’re destroying Kylo’s Darth Vader shrine”, but I don’t think they know the story and I don’t know if what they say is checked for total accuracy (?) At the end, even if it’s a failed defense move from Kylo, they both hit it so technically they both destroy it.

It’s nice to hear joyful voices commenting on the trailer.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 24 Oct - 0:12

ohhh many memories Smile

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 2w00j1kvh3u31
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 24 Oct - 0:17

It’s late here and trawling through Tumblr I saw a few people saying that leap by Rey has been flipped because her holster is on the wrong side and she’s carrying the red ribbon ? When I decided to check it out for myself I thought maybe there was a hint of a heart formation in a section of the forest 🤔 I might be over reaching but It could hark back to TFA

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 1e034010
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Thu 24 Oct - 8:37

I had no idea it was actually flipped. That's awesome because I noticed if you flip the picture from the trailer it is a nice parallel to TFA:

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 Swvii_12

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 Svix_v10

In TFA Rey and Kylo are separated when the ground splits, Kylo is on the left side, Rey on the right side with a fallen log. In TROS Rey is again on the right side of a gully with a fallen log, but both sides are connected by a rope (string of fate?) and Rey jumps over the gully. Maybe it's a reverse of the TFA scene and Rey is on her way to Kylo for a reunion.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Thu 24 Oct - 9:48

Good catch! Moreover, there's snow, ice, cold dead night at first, symbolizing stagnation and frozeness, while now there's life everywhere, greenness, fertility, renewal. Symbolism is so on the nose, lol!
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Thu 24 Oct - 10:41

What will be interesting to see is if it happens at similar points in the film, as in the time stamps.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 24 Oct - 12:31

That also means they flipped the shot so they could purposefully add it to the DS and Rey leaping from the Tractor Beam pillar...
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 24 Oct - 12:40

@MaddieDove wrote:Good catch! Moreover, there's snow, ice, cold dead night at first, symbolizing stagnation and frozeness, while now there's life everywhere, greenness, fertility, renewal. Symbolism is so on the nose, lol!
@MaddieDove

Also they meet at tempest and that matches their feelings perfectly. Angry at each other but also longing for the intimacy of their conection. Everything about these nature shots is beautiful.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 24 Oct - 19:02

@Forsythia
Yes this!!!!

I first saw Gwendy85 (tumblr) post about this flip and she used the context ‘  “The droid was spotted heading west. With a girl!...’ which ties in with what @snufkin mentioned about the force bond/saber noise from Tokodana that can be heard at the beginning of this trailer
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 24 Oct - 19:08

That's a beautiful catch! I remember in the dvd commentary JJ did mention how he left TFA with that big divide for them was on purpose, as to have their final meet at another time.

Edit:
i’ve been trying to study but literally cannot stop thinking about SW lol. Anyway I am hoping when Palpatine says "coming together is your undoing" Palpation brings up Anakin and Padme tragedy to reylo because it just brings everything full circle. Ultimately Palpatine used Anakin’s fear of losing Padme to bring him to the dark side. He told anakin how he killed her in her anger. Now he thinks history will repeat itself. This is the moment when reverse Anidala completely molds itself into its true form. It’s incredible poetic justice, who better to witness reverse Anidala than Palpatine himself?!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Fri 25 Oct - 0:55

I am still processing the trailer, and the more I think about it, the more Reylo it is. Of course, both of my podcast co-hosts are antis, and one is telling me things could go either way, and the other is insisting that Reylo is too obvious and that they are going to pull a bait and switch.

I'm going to need constant reassurance, y'all. It's hard to stand firm against 35 year friends.

Really hard.

Regarding the trailer: I found the omissions very interesting.
1) No Hux
2) No Pryde
3) No KoR
If I'm reading things correctly, the First Order, simply put, doesn't matter.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 25 Oct - 1:19

@PalmettoBlue wrote:I am still processing the trailer, and the more I think about it, the more Reylo it is. Of course, both of my podcast co-hosts are antis, and one is telling me things could go either way, and the other is insisting that Reylo is too obvious and that they are going to pull a bait and switch.

I'm going to need constant reassurance, y'all. It's hard to stand firm against 35 year friends.

Really hard.

1) No Hux
2) No Pryde
3) No KoR
@PalmettoBlue

I'm an hour and twenty minutes into your podcast at the moment, and I admire how you were able to keep talking about the rest of the trailer in relative calm after that beginning!

I thought the remark that Frankie doesn't know any other real-life Reylos was kind of funny. Like that's an argument for Reylo not happening? Just means you need to enlarge your circle of friends to include more intelligent ones!  Wink  Anyway, hang in there! I'm beginning to think that if a person hasn't been exposed to fem gaze storytelling, most of the signs we think are obvious are going to be lost on him (or her). We see Darcy emerging from the mist; they see a man drenched in evil. We see a man and woman in a throne room bathed in light *cough*wedding*cough*; they see the eternal fight between good and evil. We hear a woman expressing the deepest longing of her heart to be truly known, and the promise of the answer; they hear her expressing weakness and his manipulative response.

We haven't been wrong about the way this story is going in the last four years, and we're not going to be wrong now. The finish line is just around the corner, so don't lose faith! I love you
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Fri 25 Oct - 1:40

@12 Parsnips Thank you! I needed to hear that!

I thought the analysis of the throne room on the DS as just eternal battle of good and evil was a bit too simplistic, but at that point, I was too exhausted to do much else. It wasn't worth the fight.
I was looking at Ben's non-aggressive pose, and I had seen the gif where we can kind of see his mouth moving. So many people think he's saying, "but I do," and I swear I saw "I love you." Then, I shook myself and said - nah, that can't be right. Maybe this is the "But I do" scene.
I can totally accept that.

I did read it as "I love you," the first time, though.

Nope
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 25 Oct - 1:50

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@12 Parsnips Thank you! I needed to hear that!

I thought the analysis of the throne room on the DS as just eternal battle of good and evil was a bit too simplistic, but at that point, I was too exhausted to do much else. It wasn't worth the fight.
I was looking at Ben's non-aggressive pose, and I had seen the gif where we can kind of see his mouth moving. So many people think he's saying, "but I do," and I swear I saw "I love you." Then, I shook myself and said - nah, that can't be right. Maybe this is the "But I do" scene.

Nope
@PalmettoBlue

I can't tell what Ben is saying, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the "But I do" moment. (And I would ever so happily take "I love you"! I just have my doubts Han Solo's son is going to say those conventional words.) There is so much beautiful imagery there: yin yang, callback to Vader's redemption in that very spot, the light--but especially just Ben. I mean, I don't think JJ has forgotten who the prince of the story is. His costume, the way one foot is forward, the cape...doesn't he bring to mind every single Disney fairy tale prince?

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 Throne10
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Fri 25 Oct - 2:25

@12 Parsnips Exactly! Disney prince AF! And every time we get a full-on shot of him in this trailer, he's a freaking Byronic hero down to his toes!
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 25 Oct - 2:32

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@12 Parsnips Exactly! Disney prince AF! And every time we get a full-on shot of him in this trailer, he's a freaking Byronic hero down to his toes!
@PalmettoBlue

I'm not sure what else they could do to make him more Byronic. Put him on an orbak, maybe? Twisted Evil

I don't see how the emotion on Rey's face in the last image of the trailer could possibly be construed as meaning the story will end sadly. She looks struck with awe and too moved for words. But then, I know people who still think when Ben sees the saber go to Rey in TFA that the look on his face is that he is furious and wants to kill her. Rolling Eyes Anyway, they chose that image as the last one to emphasize the mood of hope, I'm quite ecrtain.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Fri 25 Oct - 10:29

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@PalmettoBlue wrote:@12 Parsnips Thank you! I needed to hear that!

Nope
@PalmettoBlue

I can't tell what Ben is saying, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the "But I do" moment. (And I would ever so happily take "I love you"! I just have my doubts Han Solo's son is going to say those conventional words.) There is so much beautiful imagery there: yin yang, callback to Vader's redemption in that very spot, the light--but especially just Ben. I mean, I don't think JJ has forgotten who the prince of the story is. His costume, the way one foot is forward, the cape...doesn't he bring to mind every single Disney fairy tale prince?

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 Throne10
@12 Parsnips

This still is brilliant and very well chosen to represent the romantic, epic tension of the ST protagonists' relationship. If this is something we are to preserve as THE visual memento of the ST central story in years to come, I do hope very, very much that the actual events in the movie will not spoil it somehow, that behind this doesn't stand another failure of communication between two of them. You can't tease us with something epic like this and not deliver.

I'm oscillating between hope and doubt in JJ and production as to whether they will stick to their guns and deliver an epic love story for the ages, or chicken out before the anti-romance crowd. I also worry because of Rey's lightsaber which is on in this still. She is shown all the time in trailers as fighting, I hope they will manage to show convincingly her transformation from the teeth-clenched fighter to a woman in love. We are often projecting our own empathy and rooting for Kylo on Rey, but on screen, it's still not evident that she's falling in love with him. I'm scared of dissappointement, that this image would remind us of a lost opportunity, instead of something truly special.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 25 Oct - 11:45

@MaddieDove

We didn't have any idea from the TLJ trailers that Rey would sit in a hut with Ben, tell him her deepest secrets, and touch hands with him across the galaxy either! It's not the sort of thing they are going to give away in a trailer.

My thinking is that there's no point in showing Ben looking all princely and beautiful if they are not setting him up as a "romantic lead," for lack of a better word. I say there's nothing in the trailer that says she's not falling in love with him to my mind. (Enemies to lovers isn't going to be sweet and easy.) And if she's looking at him in the last shot, with wonder and joy in her face...
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 26 Oct - 0:38

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@PalmettoBlue wrote:I am still processing the trailer, and the more I think about it, the more Reylo it is. Of course, both of my podcast co-hosts are antis, and one is telling me things could go either way, and the other is insisting that Reylo is too obvious and that they are going to pull a bait and switch.

Really hard.

1) No Hux
2) No Pryde
3) No KoR
@PalmettoBlue

I'm an hour and twenty minutes into your podcast at the moment, and I admire how you were able to keep talking about the rest of the trailer in relative calm after that beginning!

I thought the remark that Frankie doesn't know any other real-life Reylos was kind of funny. Like that's an argument for Reylo not happening? Just means you need to enlarge your circle of friends to include more intelligent ones!  Wink  Anyway, hang in there! I'm beginning to think that if a person hasn't been exposed to fem gaze storytelling, most of the signs we think are obvious are going to be lost on him (or her). We see Darcy emerging from the mist; they see a man drenched in evil. We see a man and woman in a throne room bathed in light *cough*wedding*cough*; they see the eternal fight between good and evil. We hear a woman expressing the deepest longing of her heart to be truly known, and the promise of the answer; they hear her expressing weakness and his manipulative response.

We haven't been wrong about the way this story is going in the last four years, and we're not going to be wrong now. The finish line is just around the corner, so don't lose faith! I love you
@12 Parsnips

OK, Sally, I just finished your latest podcast, and I’ll be looking forward to you guys talking about this after TROS. Frankie seems to have put the concept of Reylo in a box as some sort of girly romance-novel thing, as if Star Wars had nothing to do with romance and it was all a bunch of random women on the internet reading stuff into a story that is just about the struggle between good and evil. Granted, the OT was not “about” Han and Leia, but it was a huge part of it— and the Anakin/Padme romance was an even bigger part of the PT, as it drove the plot toward Anakin Skywalker’s undoing. As you said, Rey’s existence will be encouragement and reason for Kylo to become the man he should be. I’ve never heard of a Reylo who wants her to redeem him— we want them to wind up together after he redeems himself. There’s a reason he’s miserable despite being the most powerful person in the GFFA. This isn’t just good vs. evil embodied as Rey vs. Kylo— this is what the New Criticism would have called “Man vs. Himself” back in the day, and the good vs. evil in one very conflicted person.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 26 Oct - 6:38

You know what's really interesting about this shot?

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 11 C6BX8Sp

The light is shining directly on Ben, he's in its direct path. Huge contrast to his scenes with Rey where he's been framed at most, half in the light and half in the shadows. Or the Bridge Scene with Han where the light shifts and JJ's director's commentary is "it's the Force deciding and the Darkside is taking over." Rey's also in that scene as an observer and she's standing in the light which beams out towards the bridge. But look at where Rey's standing in this image. She's not in the direct path of the light with shadows encroaching on her left side. So that's interesting, for both of them. Also from body language, she's more aggresive/hostile with her shoulders and chest squared, snarly Snow Fight face, lit saber, and still covering her love bite scar. But his body language towards her is more open. I've seem comments that lip readers have already figured out that he's saying "Let me help you." Which if true would be an evolution from his original "You need a teacher" line and a response to her "I'll help you" line in the elevator.

@MrsWindu  I haven't seen a single mention about how the trailer starts with half a second snippet of that sound. It's so distinct and used for the moment when they finally meet/their plotlines merge with one another. I remember JJ saying that the scene where they're pushing back and forth where he's trying to get the map and you hear their Force signature sounds, he wanted it to be like David Cronenburg's Scanners. There's actually been no mention in the interviews or production notes about that particular sound effect for the TFA press/production notes but it's definitely there at the start of the trailer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sat 26 Oct - 7:10

@snufkin That’s a really awesome pick-up. If you didn’t know the characters and Kylo wasn’t dressed in black, you’d probably assume from the pic that he was the good guy and Rey was the dangerous character you wouldn’t want to come across.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 26 Oct - 7:59

@Saracene If anything, based on the crumbs we're getting via comics & kiddie books, he should be the one with the hostile body language since he's evil and attempting to crush what's left of the Resistance (which the kids books make me laugh because it's him versus his mom, who's being such a buzzkill about allowing him to rule the galaxy). But just like color, how they use light in the cinematography is central to the emotions and mood of the story they're telling. That's a high-resolution image for that shot and he's at the center of the light (almost emerging from it) while the darkness is starting to encroach on her. If I had to guess, besides just still being in Couple's Fight mode, the lighting is a good indicator that some darkness, both Force and emotional stuff, is going to come after her in the story. Which we already know from the Dark Rey/Sister Ruth in Black Narcissus moment in the D23 trailer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 26 Oct - 17:55

@snufkin wrote:@Saracene If anything, based on the crumbs we're getting via comics & kiddie books, he should be the one with the hostile body language since he's evil and attempting to crush what's left of the Resistance (which the kids books make me laugh because it's him versus his mom, who's being such a buzzkill about allowing him to rule the galaxy). But just like color, how they use light in the cinematography is central to the emotions and mood of the story they're telling. That's a high-resolution image for that shot and he's at the center of the light (almost emerging from it) while the darkness is starting to encroach on her. If I had to guess, besides just still being in Couple's Fight mode, the lighting is a good indicator that some darkness, both Force and emotional stuff, is going to come after her in the story. Which we already know from the Dark Rey/Sister Ruth in Black Narcissus moment in the D23 trailer.
@snufkin

I took some classes of cinema some months ago and our teacher said exactly the same. Of course we already feel that these things are important, but it's nice when someone who knows about the stuff tells us. Your interpretation of the scene is awesome and, as @'Saracene', I could have assume he was the hero (if I didn't know about the trilogy).
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum