The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Riri on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:42 am

New TV spot with new Palpatine dialogue + Duel of Fates music

https://twitter.com/jedicalkestis/status/1199949845391388672?s=21

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 2:15 am

Brilliant thanks!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 2:38 am

@Atenais & @Riri - thanks sooooo much for sharing! A few really interesting moments here.. I'm going to go into it in the
'Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion' thread where I've been hangin out. lol. sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 3:00 am

@Riri wrote:New TV spot with new Palpatine dialogue + Duel of Fates music

https://twitter.com/jedicalkestis/status/1199949845391388672?s=21
@Riri

Duel of the fates....damn. Bit odd considering that's not his theme tune/not associated with him in any way.....I guess it is now Question

But maybe its more about the duel of Kylo and Rey? The duel of their fates? It does cut to the shot of them fighting...
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 3:24 am

final battle begins between Rey Nobody Palpatine Skywalker and Ben Organa Skywalker Solo?

Final battle presumes there where OTHER battles? Like mmmm I dunno the battle of the heroes? in ROTS...

or The battle between Vader & Kenobi on the death star...we meet again obi wan?

So glad Rey Palps is there to represent..

insert sarcasm... and would be not be in shocked if JJ KHAN Abrams tried it...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 3:49 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:final battle begins between Rey Nobody Palpatine Skywalker and Ben Organa Skywalker Solo?

Final battle presumes there where OTHER battles? Like mmmm I dunno the battle of the heroes? in ROTS...

@spacebaby45678

Last we heard of this song in the SW universe was between Qira and Maul.

Maybe they used it because of that one brief time when it was broken dwn/re written and played with Palpatine and Yoda fighting in the PT? Despite having better and more memorable music to resemble the pair (Palpatine and Anakin). Maybe they used it because the Yoda Palpatine fight is so relevant to these moments with Kylo and Rey Palpatine/nobody/Skywalker mantle?...DotF was still mixed in with scenes of Obi wan and Anakin fighting during this moment though.

A bit more about Duel of the fates and who its most associated with:
Spoiler:

The music had its debut during the final lightsaber duel between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace.

An abridged version is played in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones when Anakin Skywalker used a speederbike to search for his mother.

The piece "Battle of the Heroes", which was played in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, during the battle sequence between the Yoda and Emperor Palpatine in the senate chamber on Coruscant, and the simultaneous battle between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, had a piece of Duel of the Fates, but rewritten in a tragic mode. Lucas had expressed in a documentary of The Phantom Menace that he wanted to use “Duel of the Fates” in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith as he liked the feeling of the work. However, he decided not to use it mainly because it did not match the tragic mood of the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader. “Duel of the Fates” makes an appearance during the Yoda/Palpatine fight scene. For this instance, John Williams re-recorded the choir and layered it over the vocal-less recording from Episode I.

"Duel of the Fates" can be heard in a number of Star Wars video games, including Star Wars Episode I: Racer, The Clone Wars, Lego Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith video game, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Angry Birds Star Wars II.[citation needed] The theme also plays during Soulcalibur IV, whenever The Apprentice fights within either of the game's three Star Wars-themed stages, as well as during his extended ending.

"Duel of the Fates" also plays when Darth Maul appears during the Jedi Training Academy show featured at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland.

A special of Lego Star Wars called "The Empire Strikes Out" features a short section of “Duel of the Fates”, in which Darth Maul hums along with the music while declaring how "awesome" he is.

Another Lego Star Wars special, entitled The Yoda Chronicles: Menace of the Sith, also featured “Duel of the Fates”. Count Dooku plays the music on a radio during a demonstration of the Sith clone Jek-14's power. Darth Maul complains that “Duel of the Fates” is his theme song, to which Asajj Ventress replies "Can somebody say diva?".

It also appears in the second season of Star Wars: Rebels in the episode "The Future of the Force" when Ahsoka Tano confronts Imperial Inquisitors, and again in the season finale, "Twilight of the Apprentice", when she duels Maul.

"Duel of the Fates" can also be heard softly in the background when Maul appears in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

But..it can be repurposed to fit Anakin/Palpatine offspring...so..who knows. LF has a bit of a track record at the moment to make something look like something familiar to sell tickets/books/TV shows/comics but that thing at first glance is not that actually thing.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 5:47 am

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:final battle begins between Rey Nobody Palpatine Skywalker and Ben Organa Skywalker Solo?

@spacebaby45678

Last we heard of this song in the SW universe was between Qira and Maul.

Maybe they used it because of that one brief time when it was broken dwn/re written and played with Palpatine and Yoda fighting in the PT? Despite having better and more memorable music to resemble the pair (Palpatine and Anakin). Maybe they used it because the Yoda Palpatine fight is so relevant to these moments with Kylo and Rey Palpatine/nobody/Skywalker mantle?...DotF was still mixed in with scenes of Obi wan and Anakin fighting during this moment though.

A bit more about Duel of the fates and who its most associated with:
Spoiler:

The music had its debut during the final lightsaber duel between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace.

An abridged version is played in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones when Anakin Skywalker used a speederbike to search for his mother.

The piece "Battle of the Heroes", which was played in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, during the battle sequence between the Yoda and Emperor Palpatine in the senate chamber on Coruscant, and the simultaneous battle between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, had a piece of Duel of the Fates, but rewritten in a tragic mode. Lucas had expressed in a documentary of The Phantom Menace that he wanted to use “Duel of the Fates” in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith as he liked the feeling of the work. However, he decided not to use it mainly because it did not match the tragic mood of the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader. “Duel of the Fates” makes an appearance during the Yoda/Palpatine fight scene. For this instance, John Williams re-recorded the choir and layered it over the vocal-less recording from Episode I.

"Duel of the Fates" can be heard in a number of Star Wars video games, including Star Wars Episode I: Racer, The Clone Wars, Lego Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith video game, Star Wars: Empire at War, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Angry Birds Star Wars II.[citation needed] The theme also plays during Soulcalibur IV, whenever The Apprentice fights within either of the game's three Star Wars-themed stages, as well as during his extended ending.

"Duel of the Fates" also plays when Darth Maul appears during the Jedi Training Academy show featured at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland.

A special of Lego Star Wars called "The Empire Strikes Out" features a short section of “Duel of the Fates”, in which Darth Maul hums along with the music while declaring how "awesome" he is.

Another Lego Star Wars special, entitled The Yoda Chronicles: Menace of the Sith, also featured “Duel of the Fates”. Count Dooku plays the music on a radio during a demonstration of the Sith clone Jek-14's power. Darth Maul complains that “Duel of the Fates” is his theme song, to which Asajj Ventress replies "Can somebody say diva?".

It also appears in the second season of Star Wars: Rebels in the episode "The Future of the Force" when Ahsoka Tano confronts Imperial Inquisitors, and again in the season finale, "Twilight of the Apprentice", when she duels Maul.

"Duel of the Fates" can also be heard softly in the background when Maul appears in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

But..it can be repurposed to fit Anakin/Palpatine offspring...so..who knows. LF has a bit of a track record at the moment to make something look like something familiar to sell tickets/books/TV shows/comics but that thing at first glance is not that actually thing.

@Gemini

Agree to the highlighted.. brilliant post, boy it really is Maul's theme song isn't it...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 6:16 am

It is amazing to hear Duel if the Fates again! That’s my favorite action music from Star Wars, while Across the Stars is my overall favorite.

John Williams’ brother said awhile ago that the film will include all of the big scores from the past films, albeit shortened and/or altered or hidden to fit this film. Some sound like they’ll be easier to pick up on than others. The music is one of the things I’m looking forward to most about this movie. Save for a few pieces, up until now the ST’s music hasn’t struck a chord with me like the PT’s did.

https://www.deseret.com/entertainment/2019/8/12/20803456/john-williams-the-rise-of-skywalker-score-will-feature-every-iconic-star-wars-theme
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 8:10 am

I'm actually optimistic about Reylo here...in the marketing for TLJ we saw lots of hints Rey was going to join Kylo. She did not.
But with TROS they are repeatedly showing them fighting, and seemingly hating each other.
I see another MacGuffin.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:06 am

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:17 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
@Moonlight13

WOWWW INTENSE!!!! I'm screaminggg

They are giving us so muchh

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:26 am

Wow, this straight up Rey kenobi/maul hints with the Duel of the Fates. I know everyone hates me saying it but I'm gonna when i think it's appropriate to new material.

They have kylos link to Vader with the music and Reys link to kenobi/maul/Qira with the music

Dual saber rey is something to do with maul and qira , I think. In the cave on ach to. Her outfit in this movie mirrors the night sisters. Right down to the hood and arm wraps.

The two most significant times we have heard this in the films:

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:54 am

Obi Wan and Anakin fought each other because of Palpatine. Friends became enemies.
Now Kylo and Rey fight.....but will enemies become friends (and lovers, cough cough) and finally destroy Palpatine?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:11 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Obi Wan and Anakin fought each other because of Palpatine. Friends became enemies.
Now Kylo and Rey fight.....but will enemies become friends (and lovers, cough cough) and finally destroy Palpatine?
@motherofpearl1

Even more hilarious is that if the theory is correct. Obi wan grand child is borne from mauls (his arch nemesis) dathomir apprentice! Fates entwined indeed.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:53 pm

John Williams' brother had confirmed that all main themes of the franchise would be used in TROS:
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:05 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:John Williams' brother had confirmed that all main themes of the franchise would be used in TROS:
@reylo1992

I doubt it's used randomly in the trailer though. Its entwined with Vaders theme tune to match Kylo.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:41 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:John Williams' brother had confirmed that all main themes of the franchise would be used in TROS:
@reylo1992

I doubt it's used randomly in the trailer though. Its entwined with Vaders theme tune to match Kylo.
@Gemini

Agree. Duel of the Fates is a key and epic music theme, not only because the connection between Maul and Kenobi but also because it was used in the two main duels of the Prequels.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 1:44 pm

@Moonlight13 Thanks for the HD version
Ooooh my gosh - I don’t know whether keep watching these TV spots or just go dark now. Screamed theme too
Is Rey on Ahch To - that’s a big ol blaze she’s looking upon. I can’t read her expression v well

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 E881ba10
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 Fbc9ab10

Again there are embers floating past Kylo

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 49bca110

EDIT where is Kylo exactly looks like a round vacuum cleaner on top of a chest of drawers behind him !!?
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 9298ef10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 2:53 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:EDIT where is Kylo exactly looks like a round vacuum cleaner on top of a chest of drawers behind him !!?
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 9298ef10
@MrsWindu

As @special_cases I saw a teapot. But it's funny that you saw a vacuum cleaner. This movie is getting homey. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 4:22 pm

Lets be careful,  this is a spoiler free thread.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 4:26 pm

Oops sorry. I didn't realize that.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 4:44 pm

The tie fighter, imo is representing the death of kylo.

The falcon... the rise of ben solo. Free the falcon rey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 4:53 pm

This image just screams 'STAY AWAY FROM MY GURL'

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 15 EKebAuYWwAISNiM?format=jpg&name=900x900

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 5:08 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:Oops sorry. I didn't realize that.
@reylo1992

I understand, so many threads, so many things going on. ^^
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 8:48 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum