The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by DeeBee on Fri 29 Nov 2019, 6:52 pm

@spacebaby45678  has shared the international trailer 1 in the marketing thread. thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrg3bRM50Y&feature=emb_logo

@Atenais - thanks for sharing tv spot 14-15!

@DeeBee wrote:@Oscarborough-fairo - this is not a spoiler thread!!!  affraid Can you please go back and either move the comment to a spoiler thread or put it behind spoiler bars. Crying or Very sad

Maybe what I think is a spoiler is different to what others think? Anything that's not officially released content is spoiler - which includes talk of possible leaks. If I want to avoid reading about leaks content I'm thinking I can stay out of spoiler threads and be safe...  Moderators am I mistaken?
I respect others may have made different choices than I in terms of spoilers, but once I see something I can't unsee it. If I can't feel safe staying out of spoilers threads, the only choice that remains is for me is to stop visiting the forum altogether till I've seen the movie. Shocked

@reylo1992 wrote:
That was a brillant idea from Rian and actually made so much more sense. So simple idea that resolved a lot of timeline issues. Plus proved that the TLJ leaks were all wrong since they kept focusing on Kylo arriving on the island with the KoR. That's why I don't believe what has been leaked for now.  
@reylo1992 - I have chosen to just not even bother reading them or trying to figure out if they are real or not. so much other content to consume that's definitely legit! That TLJ leaks experience taught me there is an up side to avoiding spoilers.

Good point about Pasaana timeline. sheesh... we don't have much to go on do we!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 29 Nov 2019, 7:45 pm

@DeeBee wrote:
Maybe what I think is a spoiler is different to what others think? Anything that's not officially released content is spoiler - which includes talk of possible leaks. If I want to avoid reading about leaks content I'm thinking I can stay out of spoiler threads and be safe...  Moderators am I mistaken?
@DeeBee
It's true. I suggest everyone to double check which thread you are posting in when you talk about leaks, or you can use the spoiler tag (you can check if it's working when you click on "preview" before posting). Thanks Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 11:07 am

A new tv spot Celebrate

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 11:15 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:A new tv spot Celebrate
@cherrylipstick

Leia holding the saber. Or is that not new, and I’m the only one just now seeing it?  Razz

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 A74b8210
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 11:53 am

@nana7marie said in another thread that Leia is holding Anakin's repaired lightsaber, that somebody on Twitter has already checked.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 11:54 am

It's likely repurposed from the cut TFA footage Carrie and Lupita Nyong'o shot where Maz escapes Takodana with the Resistance and gives the saber to Leia. Eh, I think they're having Leia with the saber because Colbert asked Carrie in her last interview before she died why Leia didn't have a lightsaber and her response was "even in space there's a double standard." It's sweet (and appropriate) that they've written the story so that Rey and Leia have spent the past year together as student and teacher/mentor - the motherless child and the mother who's lost her child*. But the whole "Leia gets a saber!" business feels more like a nod to a discussion that's outside of the story. Ofc the best part continues to be how they CGI'd a new outfit design from Michael Kaplan on that footage thanks to Carrie roasting JJ to his face for giving her a "baboon a** hairstyle" and a "classy gas station attendant" outfit.

My one and only gripe about press and promotional materials is "where are Billy Dee Williams and Richard E. Grant?!" Seriously, those two charming smoothies are at Carrie's level of smarts, charisma, and wit. Yet they're both in the Mystery Box when they'd be killing it with any and all press.

Spoiler:
One of my expectations is that when Rey has to separate from Leia and Leia passes away, that's going to help fuel the emotional turmoil and angst which ultimately results in Dark Rey. That they were very dependent on one another and when Leia goes, Rey's going to lose it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 1:26 pm

@snufkin wrote:It's likely repurposed from the cut TFA footage Carrie and Lupita Nyong'o shot where Maz escapes Takodana with the Resistance and gives the saber to Leia. Eh, I think they're having Leia with the saber because Colbert asked Carrie in her last interview before she died why Leia didn't have a lightsaber and her response was "even in space there's a double standard." It's sweet (and appropriate) that they've written the story so that Rey and Leia have spent the past year together as student and teacher/mentor - the motherless child and the mother who's lost her child*. But the whole "Leia gets a saber!" business feels more like a nod to a discussion that's outside of the story. Ofc the best part continues to be how they CGI'd a new outfit design from Michael Kaplan on that footage thanks to Carrie roasting JJ to his face for giving her a "baboon a** hairstyle" and a "classy gas station attendant" outfit.

My one and only gripe about press and promotional materials is "where are Billy Dee Williams and Richard E. Grant?!" Seriously, those two charming smoothies are at Carrie's level of smarts, charisma, and wit. Yet they're both in the Mystery Box when they'd be killing it with any and all press.

Spoiler:
One of my expectations is that when Rey has to separate from Leia and Leia passes away, that's going to help fuel the emotional turmoil and angst which ultimately results in Dark Rey. That they were very dependent on one another and when Leia goes, Rey's going to lose it.
@snufkin

You’re so right about those two smoothies— they would rock it. I hope we see them after the release. Also, I love your theory about what contributes to Dark Rey.

I keep hearing people wondering whether a couple of things show regression in our main characters: Kylo putting back on the mask (yes, he’s taking on the Supreme Leader role and trying to be a bad***— it won’t last) and Rey (I don’t think so. I think the three buns are there because she was wearing them in the footage with Carrie.)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm

@Lily Snape Carrie was the MVP of the ST press and when they lost her. Besides the TLJ press being a group of people who quite understandably had the air of funeral mourners, there was a huge loss because she cut through the PR generated bullshit.

Oh I think the regression is "we both went back to the things we were good at" and "You changed your hair"/"Same helmet jacket." Rey had better roast him about the helmet being back along with a sarcastic "Supreme Leader" a la "Your Worship." My understanding is that her new look is to help with splicing Rey into the TFA era footage of Leia. But it's also a good character detail of both showing that putting her hair back up is like wearing a band to cover her love bite scar, protecting herself and pretending it never happened. It's also potentially another sweet detail of her being Leia's companion. Leia also being the Queen of Hairstyles taught her some new braiding/updo tricks along with Force and leadership training.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 2:22 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:Oh wow it’s good to have insomnia just to see HD Darth Darcy

He doesn’t appear to be holding a lightsaber ?

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 1d933d10

EDIT as I can’t get back to sleep and upon slowing down the footage, I think he’s holding his helmet. I’m afraid I can’t get a better quality image. I could draw a few conclusions from this if It were his mask, or the handles of a overnight bag lol

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 2c3cd310

I cannot fathom if this shot of Rey is just for the giant leap onto the TIE. But the lighting seems wrong  

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 4d83bf10
@MrsWindu

Ben is holding his helmet, if you see well, at the bottom there's a trace of red. the setting is very reminiscent of Tatooine but .....
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 2:52 pm

He's literally hat in hand, the gesture of humbling/supplication/respect in approaching somebody to ask for their favor. Also a very interesting detail given the leitmotifs around the mask of "take off that mask, you don't need it...the face of my son." and taking it off when Rey goads him as being "a creature in a mask."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 2:54 pm

@snufkin wrote:He's literally hat in hand, the gesture of humbling/supplication/respect in approaching somebody to ask for their favor. Also a very interesting detail given the leitmotifs around the mask of "take off that mask, you don't need it...the face of my son." and taking it off when Rey goads him as being "a creature in a mask."
@snufkin

How are you gonna get smooches if wear helmet? Laughing
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 3:22 pm

@Moonjump05 You are asking THE single most important question. I do think once he ditches the mask and the gloves and come back into contact with the Golden Dice, the chances of Rey getting her first space kiss will increase dramatically.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 5:07 pm

Star Wars German Instagram keeps pointing to duality.

In the beginning:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 1000010

In the end:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 2000010

Look at the colours. Intentional?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5f0dsRHmaU/
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 6:07 pm

@cherrylipstick -thanks for sharing!

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:He's literally hat in hand, the gesture of humbling/supplication/respect in approaching somebody to ask for their favor. Also a very interesting detail given the leitmotifs around the mask of "take off that mask, you don't need it...the face of my son." and taking it off when Rey goads him as being "a creature in a mask."
@snufkin

How are you gonna get smooches if wear helmet? Laughing
@Moonjump05

I love it! And we all know Kylo/Ben needs his kisses! cheers

@Atenais wrote:Star Wars German Instagram keeps pointing to duality.
In the beginning:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 1000010
In the end:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 2000010
Look at the colours. Intentional?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5f0dsRHmaU/
@Atenais - yeahhh thanks for sharing this!!
Yep I think it's intentional! Duality- and a crossing over, or swapping!
I've seen a number of hints here and there where the distinct sides are being portrayed as being in contrast, and at times, the visuals hint at a crossing over, and at a combing of the two. Something big is going down in TROS! tee hee.. Rey is going to have her dark side moment inTROS at some point...and it likely won't be just a vision of dark Rey.

First I saw was this pin from NYCC2019:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Nycc10

I shared this a week or two ago:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Rey_pi12
-very unusual to see a hexagon behind Rey. that's usually the first order.

Then there was this:
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Kylore10
(SOURCE)
Thanks to sleemo for this one.. Kylo with the rebel resistance symbol behind?!

and then we had tv spot 14-15 HERE where I was squeeing like crazy at what I saw the visuals telling me!!!!
this:
the resistance symbol behind the series of resistance characters/ships..including Rey..
then, the first order symbol behind a series of first order/empire characters/ships - mainly Kylo and ships..
Then rey and kylo fighting.. the two symbols side by side.. and..
Something happened that made me squeeeeee.
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Tvspot19 The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Tvspot20
They combine!!!!!

Just like the empire cover does too!
The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Empire12
Once I noticed it, I could see it all over the place lol.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 11:11 pm

The red and blue shifting back and forth is fitting for these the relationship between these two characters

“I don’t think it’s all one thing,” Driver said, speaking specifically about Rey and Kylo's dynamic. “Part of the fun of playing it is the boundaries of it keep changing. At times it’s more intimate, sometimes less intimate. Sometimes it’s codependent. And then it’s, obviously, adversarial.”

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Tumblr_obf3k4RP0M1v8giiro1_500
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 10:01 am

@Moonlight13

1:40 just a happy coincidence?

Teehee

Bang in the middle of the video

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 12:49 pm

Another new tv spot "Hold on"

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 4:06 pm

@cherrylipstick wrote:Another new tv spot "Hold on"
@cherrylipstick

Its Rey fricking kenobi mind tricking the storm troopers all over the gaff, man..I swear if this a trick misdirect from JJ...to get everyone into the cinema to see rey kenobi and then..

Spoiler:
its rey palpatine, gotcha!...Haha

HOW IS A PALPATINE DOING THIS MIND TRICK, THIS IS ALL KENOBI
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 8:16 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Its Rey fricking kenobi mind tricking the storm troopers all over the gaff, man..I swear if this a trick misdirect from JJ...to get everyone into the cinema to see rey kenobi and then..

Spoiler:

@Gemini

I was GA before TLJ, and placing my GA thinking cap on, I have to admit to you that the familiarity of Obi-Wan would be on my mind. I don't think that I would presume Rey Kenobi, but the seeds would be planted to accept the storyline once I see the movie/TRoS. It would be subliminal, but it would be there. So, either they are staying with Rey Nobody, but she is now master level (the Qui Gon and Obi-Wan hybrid of the ST), or she is Rey Kenobi.

Spoiler:
Rey Palpatine is too big of a spoiler, even for leaks acquired by the Holy Trinity of Leakers. Not long ago today, I thought it was dudebro fanfic, but I wouldn't be surprised if DLF is using it as attractive bait/planting it for them, KNOWING they would be attracted to it, and run with it.
That way, the true big reveals of the film remain under wraps, including Reylo, Bendemption, Ben living, and possibly Rey Kenobi. With Rey, there is still the possibility she is Rey Nobody, or Rey Nobody on steroids - she was created by the Force. Regardless, we shall find out soon! Trye homestretch now! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 9:35 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Spoiler:

@Gemini

It's not only Obi-Wan who does this. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 10:38 pm

@Atenais

He is the only one to ever famously... mindtrick 2 stormtroopers ... the first time we ever see a mindtrick is Old Ben and 2 stormtroopers is in ANH...

People are going to make that connection... Qui Gon & Luke did it but they were BAD at it... Ahsoka tried it on Mandalore and again was unsuccessful...

Rey's callbacks are to OLD BEN in ANH... that connection is being made with call backs.. I MUST GO ALONE.. DESTINY... PATHS... also there are allusions to TPM ... Every generation has a legend... DUEL OF FATES...

I MUST GO ALONE MASH UP..

The very first trailer.. had a bunch of Kenobi Callbacks..see this mash up below to see the parallels..

The third trailer mash up showing Kenobi hints and callbacks

And in another teaser ( that I missed) Rey does the famous Kenobi chin scratch whilst 3p0 's being working on..

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 35aa98b4a9394288710bf27f7728327dc35b586b

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 12:56 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:@Atenais

He is the only one to ever famously... mindtrick 2 stormtroopers ... the first time we ever see a mindtrick is Old Ben and 2 stormtroopers is in ANH...

People are going to make that connection... Qui Gon & Luke did it but they were BAD at it... Ahsoka tried it on Mandalore and again was unsuccessful...

Rey's callbacks are to OLD BEN in ANH... that connection is being made with call backs.. I MUST GO ALONE.. DESTINY... PATHS... also there are allusions to TPM ... Every generation has a legend... DUEL OF FATES...

I MUST GO ALONE MASH UP..

The very first trailer.. had a bunch of Kenobi Callbacks..see this mash up below to see the parallels..

The third trailer mash up showing Kenobi hints and callbacks

And in another teaser ( that I missed) Rey does the famous Kenobi chin scratch whilst 3p0 's being working on..

The Rise of Skywalker Trailers and Teasers - Page 17 35aa98b4a9394288710bf27f7728327dc35b586b

@spacebaby45678

I may be incorrect, but doesn’t all this Rey Kenobi discussion belong in the Rey Kenobi Files thread?
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 2:34 am

@Lily Snape

You are incorrect.. we are discussing the actual content... parallels... ring composition of the trailers and teasers for TROS so far... study

A better rebuttal would have been to show all of her Rey Trash Nobody Palpatine Skywalker parallels in the teasers... or the Reverse Anidala hints in the teasers... then we could have had an actual discussion about what the teasers and trailers meta meanings are and how Rey the protaganist is connecting all of the saga. Instead of trying to shut a discussion down by ghettoizing the only theory still dropping jewels and coming up with positive hits.

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 2:45 am; edited 2 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 2:38 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:
@DeeBee
It's true. I suggest everyone to double check which thread you are posting in when you talk about leaks, or you can use the spoiler tag (you can check if it's working when you click on "preview" before posting). Thanks Smile
@Moonlight13
-thank you so much!! Not long now and we'll all be able to freely discuss... hard to believe after almost 6 years!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 2:50 am

@Lily Snape

Not when she uses a mind trick in an actual new trailer?, @spacebaby45678 is allowed to talk about where we have seen it before if its relevant to new materials.

Shes also not talking to everyone, just one person.

What's actually going to happen if she is revealed to be a kenobi and we all just have to swallow the hard cold pill that  the heart of reylo is and always was that obi wan and anakin connection. Not rey nobody trash, not anidala.  I'm not going to shove it all away from everyone's eyes and pretend its not there, then, sorry. I'm going to talk about it loud and proud and how its relevant to reylo and the whole reason for their bond if it happens.

If  not, fair enough. It will be kept silent on my end.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum