The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:07 am

Guys, when in doubt remember this Daisy interview from D23.. Reylos will be happy at the end of TROS! Very Happy

tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:08 am

@Teo oswald wrote:The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 43733093cef402137e764c06e229e1fff028357a

In the cinema theater of my city we can already reserve tickets to see Star Wars Episode 9

The thing is what is written in the page of the movie

It says this:

Sinopsis

Ninth and last movie of Star Wars, Rey and Kylo will have their last clash, in spite of their evident Feelings they got for each other, they have still doubts which path they should follow
@Teo oswald
I saw that on Tumblr, but I think it might be fake. It sounds weird and I see some kind of dots below "su último" scratch, it looks photoshopped to me. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's a translation from another language to Spanish, but I can't see why would someone do that.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1116
Likes : 5494
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by californiagirl on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:35 am

I'm actually more annoyed at some of the comments made by John, Oscar, and Mark than by anything Daisy said. They're being loud and vocal about what is or isn't in the movie and their personal preferences, and it's honestly just a bad look, and sort of tacky at times. But they're supporting characters, so it's Daisy who has more pressure on her, who people will take more seriously. I agree the pivoting around in that interview from Celebration was odd, like she was trying to not take either side and was caught off guard. She's might not always be tactful, but she's been better put together since then.

JJ and everyone have really been emphasizing an actual end, not a vague, wishy-washy one with questions and mysteries at the end. Probably one of the reasons he found the movie so hard to make, but that also means they're actually trying to make a real conclusion.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2101
Likes : 10931
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:36 am

@special_cases wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig I really hope you're right and that I'm misreading how they approach PR campaign this time.
@special_cases
I truly do not care about any of the actors' individual opinions. Mark had a ton of them. Somehow Daisy's are held on this standard that nobody else is subjected to when she has been less clear and more wishy-washy. Boyega has repeatedly said he wanted Rey and Finn to end up together, but nobody takes that as proof that they will. I really feel that Daisy is placed under more scrutiny.

As for how explicit Rey and Kylo's dynamic will be, it's obvious based on the imagery that we're running full force on the romantic drama. I really don't see how one can misread this. We've barely seen anything but what we have seen involves incredibly overt imagery and suggestive dialogue. The framing of Rey standing at the hangar edge and Ben watching her with both of them totally still is completely transparent. The leaks were written through multi anti telephones and are still coming across clearly to me. The necklace, sneaking into his room, the healing, the reconciliation, Ben's face all the time, Ben pulling what is essentially a "run after the girl to tell her I love her" moment from a romantic comedy climax, Rey's expression, etc.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4364
Likes : 37518
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Atenais on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 11:51 am

We are not talking about the movie, the dialogue, the imagery. It's clear for all of us where the story is going on.

@OrionStars commented about her personal feelings with the way the lead actress talks of an important part of the saga. Daisy has no power over the movie, she can have her preferences and they will not change the story. But we can feel frustrated with the way she talks about Reylo, no?
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:04 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:Guys, when in doubt remember this Daisy interview from D23.. Reylos will be happy at the end of TROS! Very Happy

@tukicarreno

Yeah, this one was also odd because it was a direct question, it had nothing to do with HER views on Reylo, she seemed to answer it genuinely and happily, she made a huge assumption about what the audience would enjoy, and then lightly backtracked as if to say, "By Reylo and Stormpilot you of course just mean seeing those pairings together on screen, in whatever form it takes. Hmmmm, well Adam isn't here right now so I guess you'll have to wait for the film to see us together."

But of course this is what I mean by contradictory, as I discussed on the previous page.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 711
Likes : 3840
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Atenais on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:14 pm

She also said that the Stormpilot fans will be happy, because they can see the actors, in the events, etc. But there's no romantic relantioship between Finn and Poe. Stormpilot is not canon.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:30 pm

@Atenais wrote:She also said that the Stormpilot fans will be happy, because they can see the actors, in the events, etc. But there's no romantic relantioship between Finn and Poe. Stormpilot is not canon.
@Atenais

That is exactly what I was trying to say in the second part of my answer. However, that is clearly not what the interviewer was asking, and my point is that her instinct was to answer the way she did, with one word, "Both" right away. The she started talking about the other stuff. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't mean anything one way or another, I'm just pointing out that there's a game they are playing in the way they answer questions.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 711
Likes : 3840
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by snufkin on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:34 pm

It will never cease to amaze me the lengths that supposed fans of the ST, which is centered around a young woman and is shouldered by a neophyte doing her first job ever and likely handling the intense scrutiny better than any of us ever could have managed at that age, will scrutinize, complain about, and criticize every single goddamn thing she does while simultaneously falling all over themselves to praise the slightest thing the male lead does. Who likely got a better contract deal than she did which includes not having to be the public face of the trilogy. If the ST world reflected our world where women can't win no matter what the f**k they do, especially if they're young and thrust into a public position, no wonder Rey goes dark. Because she likely gets the same amount of grief and sh*t talk from the galaxy in regards to her being the Last Jedi and public face of the Resistance.


Last edited by snufkin on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8336
Likes : 38679
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by special_cases on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:35 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig I really don't want to argue because I feel like there is no reason to argue but it's all about balance when it comes to what actors are saying. Boyega clearly stated that they played Rey and Finn dynamic in platonic way and then said that he would have preferred ReyFinn to FinnRose. He didn't say he can't behind the idea of FinnRose which is definitely different context. Because JJ didn't say that he is basing Finn character on Boyega like he specified it about Daisy. And because Boyega also teases FinnPoe so when you look at full picture, these statements have different weight.

When Mark was sharing his personal opinions and complaints, he made it clear that all of this didn't affect the movie. Nobody listened to him, they did what any reasonable creators will do. The first things Daisy shared about TROS? "JJ listened to me, all is good!". Then it became fully confirmed that JJ was "pitching" drafts to her or the full cast and now Daisy is very satisfied. I seriously baffled by this "pitching" thing on personal level, I know for sure that this is not how screenwriting works in serious projects, and I personally never pitch stories/scripts to employees curated by me and who will design/play/execute scenarios in games or marketing, I pitch it to producers' group and other writers because it's the zone of their expertise.

As I far I know, JJ and Kasdan didn't pitch anything to actors pre-TFA and surely RJ wrote a script and gave it to actors to read it. I highly doubt we would have been discussing all these Daisy's quotes if PR campaign wouldn't create this narrative that actors' personal satisfaction and enjoyment is selling point for the movie and "JJ finally listened to us, poor unsatisfied actors". I get that this is a course correction after disaster with Mark but I doubt they are straight out lying.

@snufkin I'm sorry, what? "Criticise every single thing Daisy does?" At her age? She is 27 and she is the main star of biggest franchise in movie history. What kind of infantilization of women is it??? Daisy got that contract that gives her possibilities to promote herself non-stop for years. When did interviews, magazine covers, talk shows became negative thing in Hollywood? For newcomer? Bizarre.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1317
Likes : 6052
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:48 pm

@special_cases
While I'm certainly not saying that there's an incentive to lie, the PR has changed a few times even just with how much the trilogy was planned ahead. Before TLJ there was this insistence that there was no clear arc while Adam was adamant that he largely knew where his character was going. Now they've changed their story and are emphasizing that there was a vague plan for the trilogy and Rian was following it. All I'm saying is that we cannot know the full picture until we have the full picture. This is basic logic, and the truth is LF seems to enjoy changing their strategies every now and then even if they aren't outright lying. There's always an emphasis on things not being the full concept or full narrative because the narrative is not done.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4364
Likes : 37518
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:48 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 43733093cef402137e764c06e229e1fff028357a

In the cinema theater of my city we can already reserve tickets to see Star Wars Episode 9

The thing is what is written in the page of the movie

It says this:

Sinopsis

Ninth and last movie of Star Wars, Rey and Kylo will have their last clash, in spite of their evident Feelings they got for each other, they have still doubts which path they should follow
@Teo oswald
I saw that on Tumblr, but I think it might be fake. It sounds weird and I see some kind of dots below "su último" scratch, it looks photoshopped to me. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's a translation from another language to Spanish, but I can't see why would someone do that.
@Moonlight13

they say it's fake, but I don't know Spanish. at first glance it seems true. Pity though Sad
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:52 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@special_cases
While I'm certainly not saying that there's an incentive to lie, the PR has changed a few times even just with how much the trilogy was planned ahead. Before TLJ there was this insistence that there was no clear arc while Adam was adamant that he largely knew where his character was going. Now they've changed their story and are emphasizing that there was a vague plan for the trilogy and Rian was following it. All I'm saying is that we cannot know the full picture until we have the full picture. This is basic logic, and the truth is LF seems to enjoy changing their strategies every now and then even if they aren't outright lying. There's always an emphasis on things not being the full concept or full narrative because the narrative is not done.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yeah, this is a good non-loaded example (because it doesn't directly have to do with Reylo) about how PR answers don't always make sense and seem to contradict each other. Colin's interview this week, regarding how using Palpatine never even occurred to him (???) when J.J. says he had it in mind all along is a good thing to point out. Who's "lying"? I have no idea, and it doesn't matter; it just exemplifies that people say s*** when there's an agenda, either personal or put-upon-them by other forces.


nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 711
Likes : 3840
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 12:57 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:Guys, when in doubt remember this Daisy interview from D23.. Reylos will be happy at the end of TROS! Very Happy

@tukicarreno

Yeah, this one was also odd because it was a direct question, it had nothing to do with HER views on Reylo, she seemed to answer it genuinely and happily, she made a huge assumption about what the audience would enjoy, and then lightly backtracked as if to say, "By Reylo and Stormpilot you of course just mean seeing those pairings together on screen, in whatever form it takes. Hmmmm, well Adam isn't here right now so I guess you'll have to wait for the film to see us together."

But of course this is what I mean by contradictory, as I discussed on the previous page.
@nickandnora

I have learned not to take everything that they say like gold but
if the question is: who will be the happiest between the two and Daisy says both ... I think about it I do it.
but I didn't understand what she says in the 0:29 minute , she goes too fast...
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:05 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:Guys, when in doubt remember this Daisy interview from D23.. Reylos will be happy at the end of TROS! Very Happy

@tukicarreno

Yeah, this one was also odd because it was a direct question, it had nothing to do with HER views on Reylo, she seemed to answer it genuinely and happily, she made a huge assumption about what the audience would enjoy, and then lightly backtracked as if to say, "By Reylo and Stormpilot you of course just mean seeing those pairings together on screen, in whatever form it takes. Hmmmm, well Adam isn't here right now so I guess you'll have to wait for the film to see us together."

But of course this is what I mean by contradictory, as I discussed on the previous page.
@nickandnora

I have learned not to take everything that they say like gold but
if the question is: who will be the happiest between the two and Daisy says both ... I think about it I do it.
but I didn't understand what she says in the 0:29 minute , she goes too fast...
@Teo oswald

She just agrees with the interviewer: "Yeah, unfortunately you gotta wait for the Reylo."
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 312
Likes : 1223
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:07 pm

@12 Parsnips

Thanks for the reply Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:17 pm

With the exception of a few small comments here and there everybody has been mum about Rey and Kylo's relationship and Kylo in general in TROS. The secrecy around this film is actually rather incredible, although I expect things to begin opening up now that we're approaching the real press period. They did this for TLJ as well - the focus from the actor side of trying to please everybody while the major promos all focused on specific things that would incite deeper hype.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4364
Likes : 37518
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:22 pm

@Atenais wrote:She also said that the Stormpilot fans will be happy, because they can see the actors, in the events, etc. But there's no romantic relantioship between Finn and Poe. Stormpilot is not canon.
@Atenais

I know but come on! Daisy knows what Reylo fans want.. Very Happy Wink I am s excited for this movie, you have no idea.. Very Happy I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:22 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:With the exception of a few small comments here and there everybody has been mum about Rey and Kylo's relationship and Kylo in general in TROS. The secrecy around this film is actually rather incredible, although I expect things to begin opening up now that we're approaching the real press period. They did this for TLJ as well - the focus from the actor side of trying to please everybody while the major promos all focused on specific things that would incite deeper hype.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Agreed, and there is a reason why. Very Happy Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:33 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 43733093cef402137e764c06e229e1fff028357a

In the cinema theater of my city we can already reserve tickets to see Star Wars Episode 9

The thing is what is written in the page of the movie

It says this:

Sinopsis

Ninth and last movie of Star Wars, Rey and Kylo will have their last clash, in spite of their evident Feelings they got for each other, they have still doubts which path they should follow
@Teo oswald
I saw that on Tumblr, but I think it might be fake. It sounds weird and I see some kind of dots below "su último" scratch, it looks photoshopped to me. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's a translation from another language to Spanish, but I can't see why would someone do that.
@Moonlight13

they say it's fake, but I don't know Spanish. at first glance it seems true. Pity though Sad
@Teo oswald
I know Neutral , the closest thing I've been able to find is this:
Novena y última entrega de la saga 'Star Wars', y cierre de la nueva trilogía iniciada con "El despertar de la Fuerza". Rey, Finn, Poe y el resto de los héroes tendrán que encarar nuevos retos al tiempo que se enfrentan a una nueva amenaza.
translation wrote:Ninth and final installment of the "Star Wars" saga, and the ending of the new trilogy that started with "The Force Awakens". Rey, Finn, Poe and the rest of the heroes will have to face new challenges while confronting a new threat.
This is the one I see in my local theatre, if anyone is interested Smile :
Lucasfilm y el director J.J. Abrams unen sus fuerzas una vez más para llevar a los espectadores a un viaje épico con STAR WARS: EL ASCENSO DE SKYWALKER. En esta fascinante conclusión de la saga Skywalker, nacerán nuevas leyendas y se librará la batalla final por la libertad.
translation wrote:Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams join forces to once again take the audience through an epic journey with STAR WAR: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. In this fascinating conclusion of the Skywalker saga, new legends will be born and the final battle for freedom will begin.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 1116
Likes : 5494
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by ZioRen on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:36 pm

My sense is also that Daisy isn't a big Reylo fan and that though she's obviously trying to be diplomatic and acknowledge all sides, that dislike bleeds through into her wording.

But, like, so what? Yeah, it's not fun to think the actress of a relationship isn't a fan of it, especially a heroine/villain one where the "feelings" of the women involved and those watching are used as a weapon to bludgeon other women.  But that behavior isn't on Daisy.

And I also acknowledge that what we think is not necessarily reality. This isn't like the way Mark and John put it  all out there. And even if it was true, it's not a big deal. I really don't think Daisy changed something as major as Reylo happening. No need at all to keep handwringing or getting mad about it. I see that quite a bit outside of here.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2962
Likes : 20294
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:39 pm

Guys, you know, I wouldn't count FinnPoe out completely just yet. I know it's weird to even say that, I really do. But keep in mind I have literally NO emotional investment in this whatsoever (I'm clearly on the Reylo train, I'm not homosexual or bisexual, I have no pressing desire to see a gay couple come together in Star Wars though I have no objection to it either). Maybe it's story trajectory? The way they've talked about and framed Finn and Rose so far? Oscar's chemistry with everyone and everything? I don't know, but my spidey senses are tingling, constantly about this (when, again, I don't actually care) and I can't articulate why.

Again, yes I know what Oscar said (remember that I am currently skeptical of any and all interviews). I know about the Poe and Zorrii thing. I just... have this idea that won't go away.


Last edited by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 711
Likes : 3840
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:Guys, when in doubt remember this Daisy interview from D23.. Reylos will be happy at the end of TROS! Very Happy

@tukicarreno

Yeah, this one was also odd because it was a direct question, it had nothing to do with HER views on Reylo, she seemed to answer it genuinely and happily, she made a huge assumption about what the audience would enjoy, and then lightly backtracked as if to say, "By Reylo and Stormpilot you of course just mean seeing those pairings together on screen, in whatever form it takes. Hmmmm, well Adam isn't here right now so I guess you'll have to wait for the film to see us together."

But of course this is what I mean by contradictory, as I discussed on the previous page.
@nickandnora

I have learned not to take everything that they say like gold but
if the question is: who will be the happiest between the two and Daisy says both ... I think about it I do it.
but I didn't understand what she says in the 0:29 minute , she goes too fast...
@Teo oswald

Yeah but she also said Reylos would be more satisfied when watching the film so yeah, I choose to believe this is a good sign.. Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 2:31 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:Guys, when in doubt remember this Daisy interview from D23.. Reylos will be happy at the end of TROS! Very Happy

@tukicarreno

Yeah, this one was also odd because it was a direct question, it had nothing to do with HER views on Reylo, she seemed to answer it genuinely and happily, she made a huge assumption about what the audience would enjoy, and then lightly backtracked as if to say, "By Reylo and Stormpilot you of course just mean seeing those pairings together on screen, in whatever form it takes. Hmmmm, well Adam isn't here right now so I guess you'll have to wait for the film to see us together."

But of course this is what I mean by contradictory, as I discussed on the previous page.
@nickandnora

I have learned not to take everything that they say like gold but
if the question is: who will be the happiest between the two and Daisy says both ... I think about it I do it.
but I didn't understand what she says in the 0:29 minute , she goes too fast...
@Teo oswald

Yeah but she also said Reylos would be more satisfied when watching the film so yeah, I choose to believe this is a good sign.. Very Happy
@tukicarreno

absolutely a good sign and lying would be a lack of sensitivity and respect towards us, in fact I keep for good the d23 interviews .
I personally am not satisfied if I see them give battle and that's it and see Ben...you know.... this is not Reylo.If she said we would be satisfied, there will be a reason.
It's not just seeing our beloved protagonists on the screen, it's not seeing kylo half naked, it's what kylo and Rey represent that excites us. a scene of the hut was exciting and full of intensity (sexual too) but there are others of scenes that represent Reylo but Reylo is not a battle.
.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 5 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Saracene on Sat 23 Nov 2019, 2:31 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:As for how explicit Rey and Kylo's dynamic will be, it's obvious based on the imagery that we're running full force on the romantic drama. I really don't see how one can misread this. We've barely seen anything but what we have seen involves incredibly overt imagery and suggestive dialogue. The framing of Rey standing at the hangar edge and Ben watching her with both of them totally still is completely transparent. The leaks were written through multi anti telephones and are still coming across clearly to me. The necklace, sneaking into his room, the healing, the reconciliation, Ben's face all the time, Ben pulling what is essentially a "run after the girl to tell her I love her" moment from a romantic comedy climax, Rey's expression, etc.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thing is, I don’t think that you can convey an explicit romantic drama with imagery and framing alone, especially in something like SW. Millions of people, not antis but just your average GA, will see the same imagery and it won’t occur to them to interpret the dynamic as romantic. Unless it’s something like a kiss or verbal confession, or an outside character commenting, we’ll just be in the same ambiguous land where it’s the matter of personal reading and interpretation and the whole romantic aspect can be dismissed.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2347
Likes : 15038
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum