The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by Riri on Thu 28 Nov - 8:40

Adams makeup artist posted this on insta so it looks like he will be attending SW events soon, like the press conference.

Adam is also in LA the day before for an award ceremony so he really doesn’t have an excuse! The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 65f14810

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 29 Nov - 4:24

@snufkin As you predicted, Asian marketing is shining brightest of all!!!

From an article about the Skywalker Saga Kabuki Show

"Disney Japan, in collaboration with the Ichikawa family, has created a kabuki play called Three Shining Swords. The show revolves around the love, pain and suffering that the Skywalker family has felt in the majority of Star Wars films and projects for more than 40 years....

...The final scene ends with a child character, wearing noblemen's clothes, wielding a wakizashi (short sword) and sporting a double bun hairstyle very similar to Leia's in A New Hope rising above Kylo and expressing his sadness with the words, "I am torn." This character seems to represent Kairen, the last of the Skywalkers, before he fell to the dark side,...

...Other changes made to Star Wars were the names of the characters, which were adapted to the Kabuki-style....

...As such, Three Shining Blades features Kairen, not Kylo Ren. He is the son of Hanzo and Princess Leian, nephew of Lukuu, the last of the Judai, and apprentice to Lord Snowuku."

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-disney-japan-streams-skywalker-saga-kabuki-show/?utm_content=buffer898f1&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

Cannot wait for the Korean marketing, I've read it was phenomenal for TLJ!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 29 Nov - 6:52

Oops. Moved post to proper thread! Delete.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 13:50

Adam Driver, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley and Oscar Isaac are confirmed to attend the European premiere of The Rise Of Skywalker, in London, December 18.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 London10

Happy, @tukicarreno? ^^

I checked some Korean sites and the last news talk mostly about Adam Driver, saying he will have his most powerful performance as Kylo in TROS (but I figure the praises are because his last acting, since they keep praising him for The Report and Marriage Stoy).

Searching for TROS, from the top 6 news, 5 talk about Adam.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Korean11

Here the Chinese and Korean posters:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Star_147The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Star_148
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 17:05

Next Monday they will hold a livestream Q&A with the cast of TROS (sans Adam Driver).

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Tros_q10
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Tros_q11

Source: starwars
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 29 Nov - 17:09

They REALLY wanna keep him away from any question.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 29 Nov - 18:11

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Ekjinh10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 18:59

@reylo1992 wrote:The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Ekjinh10
@reylo1992

Is this poster official??? This is beautiful! I love you

EDIT: I just saw that this poster is from IMAX official.

And SW Twitter posted this one:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Tros_p12
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 29 Nov - 20:45

Btw Adam probs isn’t doing the Q+A becus the Gotham Awards is on the same day in New York, but he’ll be flying to LA the following day to pick up some other award.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 29 Nov - 20:46

@Atenais wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Ekjinh10
@reylo1992

Is this poster official??? This is beautiful! I love you

EDIT: I just saw that this poster is from IMAX official.

And SW Twitter posted this one:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Tros_p12
@Atenais

Both posters are beautiful but I especially like the first one. So symbolic. Skywalkers from past, present and future.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 29 Nov - 21:06

New International trailer.. more Poe..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 29 Nov - 21:32

Wow very similar to ANH poster

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 B37ff6e81429567763bae176a2c5bb00

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 30 Nov - 5:14

@Atenais wrote:Next Monday they will hold a livestream Q&A with the cast of TROS (sans Adam Driver).

@Atenais

Perfect! Let's make sure we get this Q&A posted in the Press Tour thread when it happens!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 30 Nov - 8:23

@rey09 wrote:Wow very similar to ANH poster

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 B37ff6e81429567763bae176a2c5bb00
@rey09

Looking back on that ANH poster is kind of hilarious:

1) That doesn’t look like Carrie or Mark.
2) Apparently Kylo isn’t the only Skywalker male who’s shredded.
3) Or shirtless, for that matter.
4) Leia didn’t actually show that much skin until 1983 in the metal bikini.
5) Someone banging away furiously on their electric typewriter in 1977: # whereshan ?

Edited to add:  Wait up.  When I became acquainted with Star Wars in 1980, episode 4 was still just called Star Wars, so this poster is what we would now call a retcon.  No idea what they would have called it in 1981, but that’s when the title “A New Hope” was added.  Here’s the original U.S. theatrical release poster from 1977, shredded Luke, seductive Leia, missing Han and all. Smile And yeah, I’m old. Smile

.The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 9499c010
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 30 Nov - 16:03

@Atenais wrote:Next Monday they will hold a livestream Q&A with the cast of TROS (sans Adam Driver).

@Atenais

Great, and once again Adam is nowhere to be seen. I am telling ya, it’s so sad and frustrating. It’s like is he part of the cast? 😔 I give up.. Triste
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 30 Nov - 17:05

@tukicarreno wrote:

@Atenais

Great, and once again Adam is nowhere to be seen. I am telling ya, it’s so sad and frustrating. It’s like is he part of the cast? 😔 I give up.. Triste
@tukicarreno

Actually, that makes me feel better and better. That's precisely what makes me think there is actually something big up with his character in the movie. Frankly, I'm prepared for the GA literally screaming in surprise in the theaters.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad Man on Sat 30 Nov - 22:56

Nah, it's very simple, he's not there becouse he doesn’t want to be there. He is not filming anything right now. And he obviously can keep a secret since he never in the past made any blunder.
He had stronger position than other cast members while negotiating contract becouse the role was offered to him so he probably has more freedom with where and when he has to do the promotion.

Sad Man
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 30 Nov - 23:03

There was a translated quote further upthread (could have been this thread, maybe another one) where he essentially stated point blank that he was avoiding until the movie came out. No, he's never necessarily spoiled anything outright. But I think somewhere along the lines it was decided that he would a lot of his promo post-release date just because the conversations are going to be far more enlightening/interesting.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 30 Nov - 23:30

Pretty sure Adam has to attend Gotham Awards in NYC on Monday that’s why he can’t attend as he’s up for some awards. He’s in LA on tuesday though for another award that will be presented to him. Press conference is on Wednesday in LA

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 30 Nov - 23:57

First off, repeating my "where the Hell are Richard E. Grant and Billy Dee Williams?!" line. Even if their characters are remotely spoilerish, they're both at Carrie (and Gwendolyn Christie)'s level of being charismatic as Hell. Either they negotiated some deal where they didn't have to attend every single event or PR is sleeping on the best possibly press for their movie.

Otherwise doing a Facebook livechat has got to be one of the dullest, most perfunctory responsibilities in this type of job, rote and boring. Even in terms of being an actual attention getter, they should do something like a follow-up to Oscar Isaac and Domhall Gleeson's Reddit AMA for Ex-Machina

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Untitl10

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 CeMQBOWWAAAQtAN
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sun 1 Dec - 0:22

@snufkin wrote:First off, repeating my "where the Hell are Richard E. Grant and Billy Dee Williams?!" line. Even if their characters are remotely spoilerish, they're both at Carrie (and Gwendolyn Christie)'s level of being charismatic as Hell. Either they negotiated some deal where they didn't have to attend every single event or PR is sleeping on the best possibly press for their movie.

Otherwise doing a Facebook livechat has got to be one of the dullest, most perfunctory responsibilities in this type of job, rote and boring. Even in terms of being an actual attention getter, they should do something like a follow-up to Oscar Isaac and Domhall Gleeson's Reddit AMA for Ex-Machina

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Untitl10

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 CeMQBOWWAAAQtAN
@snufkin

This is gold. Very Happy
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 1 Dec - 8:21

Lust in Space, I'm dying out here.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Ekqrne10

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Ekqrne11

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 9 Ekqrnv10
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 1 Dec - 8:37

Haha yeah wow that is super low key
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 1 Dec - 10:45

How it will end up: in ways we can't begin to describe lol!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 1 Dec - 23:34

That publication, including the layout style, is straight out of the old soap opera fan magazines/digests I remember my grandma reading. Only 3 lightsabers, though?! They deserve 4 for the Throne Room fight and smut hut, even if the break-up was ugly.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum