The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by special_cases on Sat 23 Nov - 0:21

Does anybody remember which scene was premiered last time on GMA? I can't even remember something like this?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 23 Nov - 0:55

@tukicarreno

I think Jimmy Kimmel is the last/only chance for a group interview. So, if he's not there, I don't think it's because Adam doesn't want to - but that DLF really is concerned with how spoilerish he can be. lol So, then, I would say Anaheim Celebration? For now though, fingers crossed for the group on Jimmy Kimmel within the next week or two! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 23 Nov - 2:59

No Adam here either. T_T

The trio are really being promoted.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 Tros10

Video here.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 23 Nov - 3:23

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@tukicarreno

I think Jimmy Kimmel is the last/only chance for a group interview.  So, if he's not there, I don't think it's because Adam doesn't want to - but that DLF really is concerned with how spoilerish he can be. lol So, then, I would say Anaheim Celebration?  For now though, fingers crossed for the group on Jimmy Kimmel within the next week or two! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Please no! He has to be at Kimmel, come on! People want to see him with the cast, I feel bad for Adam because it seems he is like excluded from the cast unlike the other years. Fingers crossed he does go to Kimmel. It's just so strange that he hasn't been able to share with his cast mates so far. Neutral

There would be so even more buzz for this film IMO, if Adam & Daisy would do all the promo together.

Such a shame.
I don't want to wait until Anaheim Celebration so I am hoping we at least get some Adam & Daisyintervies/ photoshoots around Jan/February where they can talk all about Reylo freely! Ahh! Cannot wait! I love you bounce
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 23 Nov - 3:26

@Atenais wrote:No Adam here either. T_T

The trio are really being promoted.

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 Tros10

Video here.
@Atenais

I am telling you is so frustrating, I am sick of the trio thing... At least the full trailer gave us all the Reylo feels. LF needs to be smart this month and keep promoting Reylo, that's where the money is..
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sat 23 Nov - 3:30

To be honest, I'm tired of hearing Ridley's rant about "strong woman takes no man", "satisfying ending for Rey only", "Finn/Poe/Rey is the heart of this trilogy and ideal best fREiNds", "a lot of people think Reylo is toxic" even though there are only a dozen of ants and their sock accounts so I'm not looking forward to seeing they pair her with Adam. It could be better if they do more interviews with Naomi, Adam and Kelly instead of the faux trio.

Last edited by OrionStars on Sat 23 Nov - 3:39; edited 1 time in total
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Sat 23 Nov - 3:39

I thought it was kind of funny that the promo was all about the trio of Rey, Poe, and Finn...and the pictures were either of Rey, Chewie, and Poe, or Chewie, Poe, and Finn. Come on, guys, if you don’t even have any stills of the three of them together they can’t really be the Big Trio. Razz
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov - 4:17

@OrionStars wrote:To be honest, I'm tired of hearing Ridley's rant about "strong woman takes no man", "satisfying ending for Rey only", "Finn/Poe/Rey is the heart of this trilogy and ideal best fREiNds", "a lot of people think Reylo is toxic" even though there are only a dozen of ants and their sock accounts so I'm not looking forward to seeing they pair her with Adam. It could be better if they do more interviews with Naomi, Adam and Kelly instead of the faux trio.
@OrionStars
When has she ever said any of these things? Every single one of these statements was either never said at all or is being grossly misrepresented to the point that it no longer resembles what was said.

As for "some fans say it's toxic" in particular, my take on Daisy's words has long since been that she is trying to reassure and appeal to all sides of the argument in the fairest way she can without spoiling future storytelling. The simple truth is if they had wanted Reylo debunked they would have done it a long, long time ago. They cannot do that because it is and always was a core part of the story, but they were also in an awkward position of being unable to fully discuss how that relationship could progress. Daisy gets asked about it often and is always very diplomatic in illustrating both the positives and negatives within the relationship and how they're viewed by the fanbase. Obviously "antis" are a minority, but I truly take it as her attempting to explain why it has to be done right in preparation for Rey and Ben's relationship to continue to develop romantically on-screen, which it clearly will. Her emphasis has been on laying out to fans on all sides that she understands how it could potentially come across while also insisting that it's very well handled. This is a good thing. This is what we want to hear.

I wonder why Adam never gets called out for acknowledging that the dynamic has elements of codependency? Daisy is an easy target because she's one of the primary promoters. Adam gets to bow out of interviews a lot because he's much busier than the other actors and because his character always involves the bigger spoilers.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 23 Nov - 4:48

The TV ads here in California have started for the Rise of the Resistance ride opening 20 January and from the description, guessing it's meant to be around this segment in the movie:

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 Giphy
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 25d69a8f9db21e5de63d0dc000efabb241eccc09

The ride however probably won't include the sad eyed villain watching the heroine leave him yet again
The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 Ejwvx210

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 23 Nov - 5:41; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sat 23 Nov - 4:50

@FrolickingFizzgig

You want an example? here is an example
http://news.mtime.com/2018/01/04/1577050-3.html#content

"The audience’s view of Kylo will change dramatically. Rey thinks that Kylo wants to redeem. She can understand him too, I am very happy that they have reached some understanding, but in the end, Kylo is a [censored], so I think...He is just lonely. I can understand what fans will think, but I don't support them as a CP."

“I don’t think in films you always need a romantic relationship and I think friendship can be romantic in their gestures and their intimacy and all of that."

Sorry for not sugarcoating Ridley's propaganda and what her holy trio is promoting right now. And even though I'm not sugarcoating it, it doesn't mean I took my anger out on her.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov - 4:55

@OrionStars wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

You want an example? here is an example
http://news.mtime.com/2018/01/04/1577050-3.html#content

"The audience’s view of Kylo will change dramatically. Rey thinks that Kylo wants to redeem. She can understand him too, I am very happy that they have reached some understanding, but in the end, Kello is a [censored], so I think...He is just lonely. I can understand what fans will think, but I don't support them as a CP."

“I don’t think in films you always need a romantic relationship and I think friendship can be romantic in their gestures and their intimacy and all of that."

Sorry for not sugarcoating Ridley's propaganda and what her holy trio is promoting right now. And even though I'm not sugarcoat it, it doesn't mean I took my anger at her.
@OrionStars
This is a translation of a translation, first of all. Secondly in one example she's talking uniquely about TLJ and how their relationship concluded. The script for IX wasn't even written and her comments have already become a lot more nuanced and clearer as we approach the film. She also has a lot of positive things to say about how they developed in TLJ.

In the second she's uniquely referring to a question about a potential romance between Poe and Rey.

You can't remove the context.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sat 23 Nov - 8:09

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:To be honest, I'm tired of hearing Ridley's rant about "strong woman takes no man", "satisfying ending for Rey only", "Finn/Poe/Rey is the heart of this trilogy and ideal best fREiNds", "a lot of people think Reylo is toxic" even though there are only a dozen of ants and their sock accounts so I'm not looking forward to seeing they pair her with Adam. It could be better if they do more interviews with Naomi, Adam and Kelly instead of the faux trio.
@OrionStars
When has she ever said any of these things? Every single one of these statements was either never said at all or is being grossly misrepresented to the point that it no longer resembles what was said.

As for "some fans say it's toxic" in particular, my take on Daisy's words has long since been that she is trying to reassure and appeal to all sides of the argument in the fairest way she can without spoiling future storytelling. The simple truth is if they had wanted Reylo debunked they would have done it a long, long time ago. They cannot do that because it is and always was a core part of the story, but they were also in an awkward position of being unable to fully discuss how that relationship could progress. Daisy gets asked about it often and is always very diplomatic in illustrating both the positives and negatives within the relationship and how they're viewed by the fanbase. Obviously "antis" are a minority, but I truly take it as her attempting to explain why it has to be done right in preparation for Rey and Ben's relationship to continue to develop romantically on-screen, which it clearly will. Her emphasis has been on laying out to fans on all sides that she understands how it could potentially come across while also insisting that it's very well handled. This is a good thing. This is what we want to hear.

I wonder why Adam never gets called out for acknowledging that the dynamic has elements of codependency? Daisy is an easy target because she's one of the primary promoters. Adam gets to bow out of interviews a lot because he's much busier than the other actors and because his character always involves the bigger spoilers.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Sure there's then her statements where she equally reassured us Reylos and appealed to the epic love story argument? Like, discussing what the previous two movies alluded to, in one part of the audience's eyes? Discussing the possibility that a young women would equally be attracted to having a strong and equal (male) partner in her life and belonging with him? Give us some insights into her character's desires?
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 23 Nov - 15:50

While I mostly agree with everything @FrolickingFizzgig said, Daisy never discusses Reylo from positive perspective. I agree that they would have easily debunked Reylo, if they wanted, but seems they don't want - we are the most loyal and productive fanbase right now and I doubt they worry about our precious feelings after we will discover that, for example, Reylo was toned down in the movie.

Daisy indeed is in tough position here but she already got so far that she decided to announce quite clearly that she can't get behind the idea of Reylo. We never heard Driver to announce anything like this, right? Or any other actor? Driver called a dynamic "sentimental" from personal point of view.

While Daisy can have a full right to have her own opinion about anything in the movies, I am surprised that she had to announce something radical before release while she is acknowledging that she's actually aware of climate in fanbase when it comes to discussions about Reylo. This was a strange thing, I have no idea what she gained here and no way this is diplomatic. I'm sure there are dozens things she "can't get behind" but this is only one thing she decided to share with us. Perhaps in her own eyes she wants to distance herself from criticism antis will unleash after TROS, but I think they mostly will feel betrayed.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov - 16:02

@MaddieDove wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@OrionStars

@FrolickingFizzgig

Sure there's then her statements where she equally reassured us Reylos and appealed to the epic love story argument? Like, discussing what the previous two movies alluded to, in one part of the audience's eyes? Discussing the possibility that a young women would equally be attracted to having a strong and equal (male) partner in her life and belonging with him? Give us some insights into her character's desires?
@MaddieDove
You also should have highlighted the part where I said "without spoiling future storytelling." Daisy has talked about how she thinks the relationship is awesome, how Kylo nurtures Rey in TLJ when Luke is disappointing her entirely, how they have an intimate connection, etc. Beyond that she has maintained her focus on the fandom, not the films, because people ask her stupid questions about the fandom instead of asking her about the story and relationships.

@special_cases
She absolutely has said positive things, but here's the thing - try talking about whether or not you support something when you can't even talk about the parts of that thing that include the most positive and powerful developments? It's not an easy thing to do and if you actually listen to her most recent interviews and not the ones she gave two years ago (before the script for IX was even written) you'll see what I mean. There is very much an air of acknowledging criticism and acknowledging that the relationship is viewed in different lights by different fans, that people feel strongly and that they know how serious the topic is and how it has to be addressed that way. It still isn't even about the relationship itself, which everybody is mum about because it's a spoiler.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov - 16:05

There is one other possibility that might be worth considering.

I don't know how much of a cue Daisy is taking from J.J.'s personality, but there was something kind of... off about her interview where she said that she couldn't get behind Reylo because Kylo had killed a lot of people. It was far too point-blank for that point in time of marketing, and it was oddly rebutted by "but WAIT! Maybe there's Bendemption!" and also "How about Reydemption?" It is somewhat possible that either LF, or Disney, or J.J. were like "misdirect! misdirect!" and she was totally onboard with that (and then she went a little too point-blank trying to be coy and had to backpeddle). Add to the fact that I think there's going to be at least one twist revealed in the film about Kylo's past deeds (perhaps the Jedi temple night as is foreshadowed by the comics... or could be something else...) and well, I just wonder to what extent Daisy is playing a bit of a game here. She's already said one thing that we know blatantly to be misdirection, when she talks about the "last fight" that Rey and Kylo have aboard the Death Star as if that's the last fight of the movie or like it's in Act 3 or something. But we know it's not.

Of course this might sound like a bit of conspiracy peddling here, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that we may be reading Daisy wrong; she might just be better at the "lying" and "misdirecting" thing than someone like Adam who they've clearly just decided can't talk about IX in this point in time, because he either gives away the game or sweats profusely when having to come up with something to say that's not a total spoiler.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 23 Nov - 16:22

The Rise of Skywalker: Marketing - Page 4 43733093cef402137e764c06e229e1fff028357a

In the cinema theater of my city we can already reserve tickets to see Star Wars Episode 9

The thing is what is written in the page of the movie

It says this:

Sinopsis

Ninth and last movie of Star Wars, Rey and Kylo will have their last clash, in spite of their evident Feelings they got for each other, they have still doubts which path they should follow
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov - 16:32

If you want an interesting comparison I recommend listening to the recent interview in which Oscar talks about Finn/Poe. He is extremely loud that he supports it entirely and would have been behind it for the films, but he also heavily insinuates that it's not in the film by acknowledging that it would have been more interesting than what is (Finn and Rose in this case, I assume). Daisy's comments are strikingly different. She talks about how she understands that people feel strongly on both sides and insists that Reylo is very well handled and not glossed over. It's clear that one of these things is actually part of the story while the other is not (and what the actor personally identifies with or wants is irrelevant). When you compare the film footage and leaks with what she has had to say all the romantic imagery and the notion of Kylo being the one to ultimately come back for her when Palpatine is telling her she has never been loved - it's obvious why Daisy is saying what she's saying.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 23 Nov - 16:44

@FrolickingFizzgig I've never heard any positive thoughts from Daisy after TLJ's commentary and after TLJ's press tour ended. Perhaps I missed them.

I don't think it's spoilerish for her to say "the connection between Rey and Kylo is nothing we have ever seen in Star Wars", "the dynamic between them was always pull-and-push, they shared intimate moments but now they are enemies again", "relationship between Rey and Kylo is interesting, intriguing, intense and profound". Sure, it won't spoiler anything, calling this relationship interesting? Instead of spoilering that the connection is 'false'? But Daisy is only talking about how JJ did great job with this dynamic from her personal POV, and she already shared her POV with us, so it's natural to compare what she personally thinks and what she will find satisfying or not. I get it that she needs to be careful. How does stating that she can't get behind the idea of Reylo is careful somehow? There are tons of neutral things one can say instead of this. Just confusing for me, it's not effective way to promote a movie with Reylo IMO.

@nickandnora I agree that there was something strange about this interview. I think it's hard to guess if there was a plan or not, but they did little damage control after this and tried to push Reylo-positive things.

To be frank, I do think Daisy dislike Reylo: no hate, but just zero personal investment in the idea and that's why she finds it's annoying.
She is sort of enthusiastic/ecstatic person overall and I just never catched a strong joy from her when she talked PR good things about Rey&Kylo, but when she was expressing dislike she looked quite passionate. Just my personal opinion; I personally don't care about her enotional investment here, but we talk about it only because we're only getting "JJ did great job I think"/ "I'm so happy with everything" etc.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 23 Nov - 16:54

@special_cases wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig I've never heard any positive thoughts from Daisy after TLJ's commentary and after TLJ's press tour ended. Perhaps I missed them.

I don't think it's spoilerish for her to say "the connection between Rey and Kylo is nothing we have ever seen in Star Wars", "the dynamic between them was always pull-and-push, they shared intimate moments but now they are enemies again", "relationship between Rey and Kylo is interesting, intriguing, intense and profound". Sure, it won't spoiler anything, calling this relationship interesting? Instead of spoilering that the connection is 'false'? But Daisy is only talking about how JJ did great job with this dynamic from her personal POV, and she already shared her POV with us, so it's natural to compare what she personally thinks and what she will find satisfying or not. I get it that she needs to be careful. How does stating that she can't get behind the idea of Reylo is careful somehow? There are tons of neutral things one can say instead of this. Just confusing for me, it's not effective way to promote a movie with Reylo IMO.

@nickandnora I agree that there was something strange about this interview. I think it's hard to guess if there was a plan or not, but they did little damage control after this and tried to push Reylo-positive things.

To be frank, I do think Daisy dislike Reylo: no hate, but just zero personal investment in the idea and that's why she finds it's annoying.
She is sort of enthusiastic/ecstatic person overall and I just never catched a strong joy from her when she talked PR good things about Rey&Kylo, but when she was expressing dislike she looked quite passionate. Just my personal opinion; I personally don't care about her enotional investment here, but we talk about it only because we're only getting "JJ did great job I think"/ "I'm so happy with everything" etc.
@special_cases
I personally just feel she's in a tough position and I don't think we can expect to hear her full perspective until the story is over.

That being said, Reylo ain't toned down in IX. Look at the imagery and the leaks. This is all through a fanboy filter and based on incomplete footage, but it's obvious what's going on and how it'll come across in a film franchise like this.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Sat 23 Nov - 17:00

It's about diplomatic. The thing is, she never tried to be diplomatic towards us. It doesn't matter if she likes Reylo or not, if she knew about the plot or not, if she talked about things years ago or now, I never felt she tried to be diplomatic towards Reylos.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 23 Nov - 17:12

I think Daisy dislikes Reylo too. But whatever, it’s the acting that’s important at the end of the day. And she has great chemistry with Adam. They’ve created a great, compelling dynamic together. And yeah, LFL has never fully debunked Reylo but I don’t think they’ll go all the way in TROS either. They’ll leave it ambiguous, which is such a big cop-out, especially for the final chapter of a decidedly non-subtle space fantasy soap opera. FinnRose kiss might be the only kiss of the entire sequel trilogy, which is just so blergh.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Sat 23 Nov - 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 23 Nov - 17:26

They're going to chest bump at the end! haha lol

j/k Very Happy Smile Razz

Come on! If Avengers: Endgame ended with a slow dance and a kiss, TRoS will have romance (visual romance), as well - and it will not only be FinnRose....it's going to be Ben & Rey. GA loves romance between protagonists (i.e Titanic, Avatar, and it's the romance that propelled those movies, one of the reason I am quite certain the slow dance and kiss was introduced, as well - plus Steve just being riveted/sidetracked about Peggy).

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sat 23 Nov - 17:27

@Kylo Rey wrote:I think Daisy dislikes Reylo too. But whatever, it’s the acting that’s important at the end of the day. And she has great chemistry with Adam. They’ve created a great, compelling dynamic together. And yeah, LFL has never fully debunked Reylo either but I don’t think they’ll go all the way in TROS either. They’ll leave it ambiguous, which is such a big cop-out, especially for the final chapter of a decidedly non-subtle space fantasy soap opera. FinnRose kiss might be the only kiss of the entire sequel trilogy, which is just so blergh.
@Kylo Rey
Yeah that's the way I see it too. I get the impression Daisy really likes Rey being the role model for little girls aspect of the character and that she would prefer no romance for Rey, not specifically just about reylo. She's shut down Poe and Finn as LI more definitely than Kylo and imo that's because there is reylo in the movie. But I do think it will be mostly clear from Kylo's side,probably not acknowledged as actual romantic love tho it will be clear from his actions while Rey will be more ambiguous. I hope I'm wrong because it sounds like a total waste and going out with a whimper basically.

Mila95
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 23 Nov - 17:31

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:If you want an interesting comparison I recommend listening to the recent interview in which Oscar talks about Finn/Poe. He is extremely loud that he supports it entirely and would have been behind it for the films, but he also heavily insinuates that it's not in the film by acknowledging that it would have been more interesting than what is (Finn and Rose in this case, I assume). Daisy's comments are strikingly different. She talks about how she understands that people feel strongly on both sides and insists that Reylo is very well handled and not glossed over. It's clear that one of these things is actually part of the story while the other is not (and what the actor personally identifies with or wants is irrelevant). When you compare the film footage and leaks with what she has had to say all the romantic imagery and the notion of Kylo being the one to ultimately come back for her when Palpatine is telling her she has never been loved - it's obvious why Daisy is saying what she's saying.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree with you on one hand, but at the risk of sounding like a complete kook, I'm not completely taking what Oscar says at face value at this stage either.

The thing for everyone here to think about is, let's say you had to talk about something that you were absolutely obligated not to spoil at the same time. You know what's going to come out of your mouth half of the time you need to discuss it? The opposite of what actually happens. Like, it's going to happen naturally out of self-preservation especially if you're not a seasoned interview giver. And even if you ARE, the easiest thing to do is misdirect, deflect, and/or not answer the question. Do I know for SURE that Daisy is being disingenuous when she speaks? No, I absolutely do not. But I understand the psychology of conversation enough to realize that what the actors are saying when they have to discuss certain sensitive topics might not be completely trustworthy, in many different ways.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 23 Nov - 17:45

@FrolickingFizzgig I really hope you're right and that I'm misreading how they approach PR campaign this time.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum