Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Thu 7 Nov - 17:04

@OrionStars Did she really lie? It was the truth at the time. This was from the original version of IX before she died, they outright said it was going to be her movie, like TFA was Han's and TLJ was Luke's. They went through many drafts after her death KK wasn't happy with. Not the only reason CT was fired, but not being able to deal with no Carrie was probably one of them. They didn't announce Carrie would actually be in the movie until over a year later, after JJ was brought on and wanted to use TFA footage, Todd also claimed there's a little TLJ as well. She was there, then not there, then there again. I didn't find the sequence of events difficult to follow.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Thu 7 Nov - 18:45

Well if this didn't show up with perfect timing. https://time.com/5720323/billie-lourd-princess-leia-essay-carrie-fisher/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 7 Nov - 18:55

@californiagirl

Oh god, I cried reading that. Carrie was so looking forward to filming IX. Crying or Very sad I love you
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 7 Nov - 23:42

Heres Mark Hamil talking about how he told no one the actual secret of the OT.

I have hope Rey palp and Ben never seen again is not the real ending. Rey palpatine/dead kylo may even be fake leaks.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Thu 7 Nov - 23:53

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

From everything I can see for far.. which is limited of course.. Rey's journey will be different than Luke's for whatever reason.. Luke was warned by Yoda that he would be afraid... and star wars is telling Rey NOT to fear  who she is... mmm... much to think about even the lighting of these two scenes

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 2015-10-26-1445885103-9236094-sister-thumb
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ff2%2Fe7%2F9569933141f69e9cb6b66992656c%2Fep9-ff-001663

@spacebaby45678

That's exactly what that shot of Rey from the trailer reminded me of, but I didn't realize it until you put these two scenes together, thanks.  Also, the expression on Rey's face there is identical to the one she has in TFA when Han is saying, "...until one boy...destroyed it all," and that can't be by accident.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Fri 8 Nov - 1:24

@californiagirl

Really? How can it be the truth at the time when KK even said "We finished everything [with Leia] in Eight" in that same article which led to many pre-TLJ theories about Leia being killed in EP. 8?? Fortunately, now everyone and their friends know that Leia wasn't yeeted in TLJ and her arc of ST was still unfinished with many questions that need to be solved, unlike what KK said.

======

Anyway, this part is a little bit off-topic, but I've got a serious problem with an article about "romance in film/tv shows nowadays" in an entertainment magazine. The article mentioned that there was an extremely popular fictional couple that was named "Hileon" from a 2016 Turkish show. That couple's love story was about a Christian Greek lieutenant who was obsessed with a Muslim Turkish girl. The girl supported the rebellion in the war and opposed the lieutenant's abusive commander father who was determined to destroy the rebellion army. The biggest turning point of their enemies-to-lovers relationship was when the girl intentionally trying to kill the guy by shooting him in the chest. A lot of angsty filler subplots happened after that but the lieutenant still proposed to the girl and they eventually married. That fictional ship even got American NBCUniversal's best couple of 2018. Now I have a really hard time to digest the "romance" of this couple  Shocked , just like I (and a lot of Reylo shippers out there too) still can't come to peace with the leaked plot point where Rey stabs Kylo to dead  Shocked  Are filmmakers seriously romanticizing the whole idea of  "trying to murder the significant other" and trying to make it a new trend in pop culture??? Shocked Shocked Shocked
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 8 Nov - 3:15

I had thought she meant Carrie had finished her work in VIII itself, she mentioned they finished shooting that summer, not that she wouldn't be in IX. I get where the confusion would lie, the wording could be taken either way. I'm just really tired of people constantly making KK, Rian, JJ or whoever look like dishonest, manipulative, and spiteful. Why talk about anything they say if they're that bad? Like the whole internet is out to go "gotcha!" so, I dunno, we can be the smarter ones? And then speculate multiple times a year that KK will get replaced. It's just kind of wearying at this point.

Enemies to lovers exists on a spectrum, from cute rom coms to attempted murder. It's definitely not all for everyone. Did not appreciate the Jon/Danerys one for several other reasons though.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 8 Nov - 3:21

There's a Chinese drama I've seen where:
spoilers for Ashes of love:
The heroine killed her love interest (stabbed him on the back!) because she thought he had killed her father (he was innocent, but, to be fair, all the evidence pointed towards him) and then told him she had never loved him (with a cruel look in her eyes!). She was not entirely herself though, because she had been given a magical pill that supressed love, and what she did kind of made sense in universe, because revenge was very common and it wasn't seen as morally wrong (which is not the case in SW). The thing is, she discovered the truth and she made great sacrifices to resurrect him, and, after a lot of trials, they had a happy ending (baby included!).
I enjoyed that drama a lot, but I don't think it works in SW, because it's a different genre, I guess we'll see...
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri 8 Nov - 6:50

@Moonlight13 What's the name of the drama? I'd like to watch it.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 8 Nov - 12:01

@rawpowah wrote:@Moonlight13 What's the name of the drama? I'd like to watch it.
@rawpowah
It's called "Ashes of love" or "Heavy Sweetness, Ash-like Frost". It's available on Netflix and on YouTube. I totally recommend it. Smile
Here's the trailer (it contains spoilers!):
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 8 Nov - 14:31

OMG at what they are doing with the posters!

DAMN

As what @Spacebaby45678 noticed. The thing they are fighting on has morphed from the column Obi Wan disabled the tractor beam into a saber with elements of Obi Wans saber STCIKING OUT OF THE GROUND. Whats more. I noticed a while ago that Kylos energy is coming from PALPATINE..REYS ENERGY is connected to the thing they are standing on. Obi Wan's column/saber hilt

Its a LIGHTSABER hilt!

Now its either Obi Wans or Leias..If its Leias...its got parts of Obi Wans attached.

I think my saber theory may just be on the damned POSTER slowly revealing itself Shocked

So first its the tractor beam volumn Obi wan disabled the beam from:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 960x0_10

Then it slowly morphed. They added the a little belt clip and the little bit he climbed on is now circular:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Star-w13

Again, its even more clear that there were never three posters...Its just expanded to make you LOOK at that saber hilt:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Eiumyv10

See the place where a button would be when brightened up. The ridged pattern is Obi Wans saber.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 20191113
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 8 Nov - 14:57

@Gemini

If Rey is Rey Kenobi - what is your theory on how she was separated from the family, and ended up on Jakku (with a very difficult life)?

Curious! Very Happy Smile I admit preferring Rey Nobody, yet if she is Rey Kenobi, that is the question mark in my head.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 8 Nov - 15:00

@Gemini wrote:OMG at what they are doing with the posters!

DAMN

As what @Spacebaby45678 noticed. The thing they are fighting on has morphed from the column Obi Wan disabled the tractor beam into a saber with elements of Obi Wans saber STCIKING OUT OF THE GROUND. Whats more. I noticed a while ago that Kylos energy is coming from PALPATINE..REYS ENERGY is connected to the thing they are standing on. Obi Wan's column/saber hilt

Its a LIGHTSABER hilt!

Now its either Obi Wans or Leias..If its Leias...its got parts of Obi Wans attached.I think my saber theory may just be on the damned POSTER slowly revealing itself Shocked

Again, its even more clear that there were never three posters...Its just expanded to make you LOOK at that saber hilt:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Eiumyv10

See the place where a button would be when brightened up. The ridged pattern is Obi Wans saber.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 20191113
@Gemini

I think the inside of the tower looks like the handle of Obi's ANH saber

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Fbd40363e855bd4627741732b756a1e8
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 8 Nov - 15:29

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@Gemini

If Rey is Rey Kenobi - what is your theory on how she was separated from the family, and ended up on Jakku (with a very difficult life)?  

Curious! Very Happy Smile  I admit preferring Rey Nobody, yet if she is Rey Kenobi, that is the question mark in my head.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

You know, this could also be the end result of her new constructed dual lightsaber she makes. If so... Her end product seems to have Obi Wans hilt in it, for sure. The very tip of the column, looks a lot like the tip of Rey's current staff. So it could be this end product she has created?

Either way. They are trying to make us look at that thing they are standing on and how it has morphed over the course of the several official posters they have released.

This may all be crack but for us to try piece it together, I will LOL if we are totally off but:

Ok Reys mum first:

Our guess is. Qira from solo is her mother, she saw Maul's shrine of Obi Wan which depicts Satine's murder by Maul. This shrine is on Dathomir where Maul takes Qira to train. She becomes a Night Sister (maybe). She would be the last night sister because in canon Palpatine previously had them all killed to preserve his secret of surviving after death. Palpatine may have got wind of Qira after Rey was born and therefore had her murdered. The dagger is the weapon of a nightsister of Dathomir.  Qira also previously stabbed Vos in the chest with his own dagger, she may suffer the same fate with her own dagger as well. Rey would be in danger once Qira was murdered.

Theres that image of Kylo possibly being on Dathomir in the Teaser Trailer for TROS. Red sky, forest and snow.

Rey's abandonment may have been because she was in danger? I don't know. It would make a connection to Palpatine.

FATHER:

Is dark side, so that would explain why he's not interested lol or couldn't look after her.

Somewhere in the time when qira possibly sees the shrine she may find out about Korkie Kryze who is long suspected to be Obi Wans son with Satine that Obi never knew he had because Satine passed him off as her nephew. We think Korkie may be General Pryde.

Satine (Obi Wan's canon love interest) has been connected to Rey by LF, here with the blue tipped lilies. These particular flowers were only ever associated with Satine of Mandalore in star wars canon :
See Rey finds a beautiful white lilly with a blue tip? she protects it then plants it among many others.
Rey and the secret treasure:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Img_3410
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Duches10

That's Korkie next to Satine:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Tumblr10

This is the image of Satine in Maul's shrine along with the weapon he used to murder her with. Again its Satine with the blue tipped lilies Rey has been associated with trying to protect in her little 3 part animation.
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Painti10

Anyhow...I may be crazy...feel free to point and laugh if I made all this sith up and not an ounce comes into the story LOL

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 8 Nov - 16:32

@Gemini wrote:

Curious! Very Happy Smile  I admit preferring Rey Nobody, yet if she is Rey Kenobi, that is the question mark in my head.  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

You know, this could also be the end result of her new constructed dual lightsaber she makes. If so... Her end product seems to have Obi Wans hilt in it, for sure. The very tip of the column, looks a lot like the tip of Rey's current staff. So it could be this end product she has created?

Either way. They are trying to make us look at that thing they are standing on and how it has morphed over the course of the several official posters they have released.

This may all be crack but for us to try piece it together, I will LOL if we are totally off but:

Ok Reys mum first:

Our guess is. Qira from solo is her mother, she saw Maul's shrine of Obi Wan which depicts Satine's murder by Maul. This shrine is on Dathomir where Maul takes Qira to train. She becomes a Night Sister (maybe). She would be the last night sister because in canon Palpatine previously had them all killed to preserve his secret of surviving after death. Palpatine may have got wind of Qira after Rey was born and therefore had her murdered. The dagger is the weapon of a nightsister of Dathomir.  Qira also previously stabbed Vos in the chest with his own dagger, she may suffer the same fate with her own dagger as well. Rey would be in danger once Qira was murdered.

Theres that image of Kylo possibly being on Dathomir in the Teaser Trailer for TROS. Red sky, forest and snow.

Rey's abandonment may have been because she was in danger? I don't know. It would make a connection to Palpatine.

FATHER:

Is dark side, so that would explain why he's not interested lol or couldn't look after her.

Somewhere in the time when qira possibly sees the shrine she may find out about Korkie Kryze who is long suspected to be Obi Wans son with Satine that Obi never knew he had because Satine passed him off as her nephew. We think Korkie may be General Pryde.

Satine (Obi Wan's canon love interest) has been connected to Rey by LF, here with the blue tipped lilies. These particular flowers were only ever associated with Satine of Mandalore in star wars canon :
See Rey finds a beautiful white lilly with a blue tip? she protects it then plants it among many others.

This is the image of Satine in Maul's shrine along with the weapon he used to murder her with. Again its Satine with the blue tipped lilies Rey has been associated with trying to protect in her little 3 part animation.

Anyhow...I may be crazy...feel free to point and laugh if I made all this sith up and not an ounce comes into the story LOL

@Gemini

The flower and her hair, wow! But there's any rumor/leak about it?
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 8 Nov - 16:59

@Atenais

Nay there is not. The current leaks are not reflecting what LF is officially putting out in the marketing (posters, book covers, games, mini videos). All these hints and secrets are not matching Rey Palpatine in any sense, at all.

Then I remember that Palpatine is a known liar who lies to meet his ends. He takes a hero's insecurity about themselves and lies about it to get them to turn dark with it. He did this to Anakin, he could easily be doing this to Rey.  LF may have actually kept the true secret. I have faith in them!

There is a huge chunk aka Pryde and the KoR who are not covered at all in the leaks. Theres a whole part of the story there which no one knows about fully.  We last saw the Knights of Ren with Kylo when he seemed to be getting a vision of Rey in TFA. (In TFA teaser, its a saber which seems to be giving him this vision) So I'm guessing they have managed to keep a huge secret in this movie/trilogy, pretty well hidden.

I have a suspicion that the possible grandmother Satine  explanation is being saved for the Obi wan mini series with flashbacks he has or something...because no one really cares about a cartoon from like 10 years ago? That's never going to be enough to spark someone's interest. It need to be real people on screen showing this story.

Her whole lineage if she's a Kenobi? There's just far too much to explain but they seem to be dropping hints here and there? I think, if she actually is a Kenobi, its going to mainly focus on him not the grand mother in the actual film.

An easy way to quickly explain someone's lineage would be through visions or forcebacks through objects. If the dagger is connected to Rey's mother, she/the audience will find out about her mother. The saber (If its Obi Wans) it will show her/the audience Rey's paternal lineage story pretty damn fast without losing impact. (Think Snapes secret reveal and Jon Snows Lineage reveal)

At this point it is much easier to draw on other films and material which already exists to give you a fleshed out back story for Rey's lineage than it would be to just make up a brand new one and have people care about it. They should have done this in TFA if she was a nobody. Rey Palpatine could still work if they expand on it late in the game. But there is nothing in current canon which is pointing towards it or supports it at all. Unlike Qira, Maul, Obi Wan and Satine, Korkie (Pryde?) which points to Rey Kenobi very nicely.

Lando is even rumored to have info on Rey's mother? He knew Qira in Solo.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 8 Nov - 18:07

@gemini

There are tons of Rey Kenobi leaks if one knows where to look and what to pay attention too...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Giphy

Which reminds me.. Rako Hardeen is the bounty hunter that Obi Wan went undercover as in TCW Episode Deception.. taking his face.. and on his face where some interesting clues

He was from Concord Dawn...

He has a slight tattoo like Maul..

And George insisted on this circle in the middle of his forehead that either looks like the MF, a Key Hole, or the floor design in Palpatine's office.. I am going for consistency and what the other two have in common and say that the circle on his head is the floor design in Palpy's office.. Why is this so.. what was George getting at with Rako.. Rako is Obi Wan's shadow.. with all of his enemies on his face

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Latest?cb=20120121082106

4:20 where Filoni discusses George asking for the design..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 8 Nov - 18:47

Just a little something I noticed with Logan's Run popping up on Netflix of late. Awhile back there was one rumor about how it'd be an influence on TRoS. No word if that meant aesthetic or actual plot. However JJ does love 1970s dystopia science fiction and to that end, the technical/design side of the production team includes Paul Inglis, who worked on Children of Men and Blade Runner 2049. But when the movie popped up on my screen, I turned it on for awhile and one thing popped out that I'd never noticed before, the silhouette of the Sandmen's uniforms looks pretty similar to somebody's Vulnerable Warlord/Supreme Leader togs

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Movie01-copy

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Md_0fbdeb467af2-thelastjedi

There are other reasons to think that there might be some surface level similarities in the story (people on opposing sides in a conflict team with crazy UST are forced to team up/ally, discover there's a larger picture behind the conflict they're caught up in) but that detail alone just hit me because I'd never noticed it before.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 9 Nov - 4:39

Does anyone know: is there a reason to believe Mr. Doom-Guy? Or is he just a guy in a costume on Youtube?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 9 Nov - 4:41

@Gemini wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Ok Reys mum first:

FATHER:

@Gemini

Not crazy at all! Thank you for explaining!!!! Very Happy Smile I was curious how this would work, without Obi Wan appearing neglectful. Smile

This may be another reason why Solo was so important, LF literally paid for it twice for a theatrical release. The Millennium Falcon, as a metaphor for Ben (and showing us what a teddy bear Han is, and it's always said, Ben has his heart), and if Qira is her mother, introduced us to her (who introduced Han to Lando).

My heart goes out to Obi and Rey!!!! (That Obi's son, her father is not a good person). Good point though, if Rey is Rey Kenobi, plot of the Kenobi series may go into this, and show what he knew, and what he didn't know. Maybe he really thought he was protecting his granddaughter? If she is Rey Kenobi, we shall see!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sat 9 Nov - 6:16

@Kylo Men wrote:Does anyone know: is there a reason to believe Mr. Doom-Guy? Or is he just a guy in a costume on Youtube?
@Kylo Men

That's a good question.  I only just discovered his YouTube channel a few weeks ago.  I watched his video today about the TROS test screenings.  I have no idea who his sources are, but I find it highly unlikely that they would screen TROS for random people from the general public.  I mean, if there were three different screenings with a bunch of random people, I would think that someone would go on Reddit or 4chan or something and post about the experience.  Or at least tell a someone who then would.  Or maybe they have and I just haven't heard about it.  Who knows.

But does anyone know if they've ever test screened any of the Star Wars movies before for random people from the general public?  I just find it hard to believe they would do that if they wanted to maintain secrecy about the answers to their "mystery boxes" and the ending of what is supposed to be the final chapter of the Skywalker saga.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sat 9 Nov - 6:50

@Gemini wrote:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Ok Reys mum first:

FATHER:

@Gemini

Yeah, I actually find the thing about the blue tipped lillies really compelling, like, to the point that I'm surprised somebody hasn't stolen the theory and run away with it on YT yet.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 9 Nov - 7:35

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:Does anyone know: is there a reason to believe Mr. Doom-Guy? Or is he just a guy in a costume on Youtube?
@Kylo Men

That's a good question.  I only just discovered his YouTube channel a few weeks ago.  I watched his video today about the TROS test screenings.  I have no idea who his sources are, but I find it highly unlikely that they would screen TROS for random people from the general public.  I mean, if there were three different screenings with a bunch of random people, I would think that someone would go on Reddit or 4chan or something and post about the experience.  Or at least tell a someone who then would.  Or maybe they have and I just haven't heard about it.  Who knows.

But does anyone know if they've ever test screened any of the Star Wars movies before for random people from the general public?  I just find it hard to believe they would do that if they wanted to maintain secrecy about the answers to their "mystery boxes" and the ending of what is supposed to be the final chapter of the Skywalker saga.
@Kyla Ren

David Sandberg, the director of Shazam, created a funny animated short - that is also informational, about test screenings. He did say that high profile movies, such as Star Wars, have internal test screenings - i.e. not the general public - they consist of employees of the company, or people that the director knows. It's about 6 minutes long.

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 9 Nov - 11:00

@casper

I think TlJ killed speculation. No one wants to go through that again only to be given the middle finger  by TrOS lol. But JJ seems to be respecting the past films and likes people to speculate but at this point it is too late, the damage was done with TLJ. It killed interest and fascination on some level. Especially with Rey.

The more you are given to speculate over, the more you talk and then the  more anticipation an audience has for the next movie. TlJ killed it, imo. LF are aware of this hence they came out and were like "we want people to speculate" after the teaser trailer of TROS.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sat 9 Nov - 11:34

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Kylo Men

@Kyla Ren

David Sandberg, the director of Shazam, created a funny animated short - that is also informational, about test screenings.  He did say that high profile movies, such as Star Wars, have internal test screenings - i.e. not the general public - they consist of employees of the company, or people that the director knows.  It's about 6 minutes long.

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks for posting that.  I just finished watching it.  It was very interesting.  That makes sense that they would only screen big blockbuster movies like Star Wars internally.  It would probably be all over the internet if they screened TROS for the general public.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum