Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 9 Nov - 11:01

So people can follow along .... Mr. Doom-guy's latest video says Disney held a series of test screenings that led them to change the movie and especially the ending based on negative feedback from the audience. The rumor has it that there are three versions of the film. The ending of the first version had some super-duper-Mary-Sue-Rey action. The audience laughed at the ending and it got poor reviews. They tweaked it to a version that performed better. Then they brought in George Lucas and he added a "secret Skywalker" to the formula, i.e. one character turns out to be a hidden Skywalker. That version performed well. That's all rumor, of course. Or perhaps not even that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DErk4e1zQ&t=658s

Is that true? I'm skeptical. But it lines up pretty well with some of the things we know.

And it does give us the new past time of trying to figure out who the secret Skywalker is.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 9 Nov - 11:35

doomdude hates JJ and he is a huge BITTER emBITTERED TREK fan.. lawd.. not that his hate might negate some of the rumors.. cause i am pretty sure this faction has at least one dependable insider...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 9 Nov - 13:08

Visions & Voices.... this convo is a parallel to Rey & Kylo in TLJ... lots of vital info was in Rebels and this episode specifically....

Maul: the altar is the source of their power they cannot venture beyond the cave it is unfortunate about your friends Ezra but this this is your opportunity to embrace your destiny as my apprentice

Ezra: I told you that is never going to happen

Maul: forget the past, forget your memories forget your attachments, our futures converge on a planet with two suns we can walk that path together as friends as brothers

Ezra: my friends are trapped

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 6336a7a4521584f38880df2b4bf5016fe51e71d1

I guess the Circle is complete with Rey Palpatine...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 3fbdb3f16e13305664ceb8fbe06f1711fa769053

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 GR824qa
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 9 Nov - 14:09

The circle is now complete is what Vader said to obi wan before fighting on the death star right?

Image of rey Palpatine and Vader's grandson and this iconic line for,.....
..reasons
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sat 9 Nov - 14:21

@Gemini wrote:@casper

I think TlJ killed speculation. No one wants to go through that again only to be given the middle finger  by TrOS lol. But JJ seems to be respecting the past films and likes people to speculate but at this point it is too late, the damage was done with TLJ. It killed interest and fascination on some level. Especially with Rey.

The more you are given to speculate over, the more you talk and then the  more anticipation an audience has for the next movie. TlJ killed it, imo. LF are aware of this hence they came out and were like "we want people to speculate" after the teaser trailer of TROS.
@Gemini

Ah, that makes sense.  I'm sure LF wanted to tone it down, not kill it off, but TLJ was so black and white about pretty much everything that people were left no room for subtlety or complexity. Okay, that was maybe a little unfair, but I have a love/hate thing with TLJ.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 9 Nov - 15:53

@Kylo Men

Is that true? I'm skeptical. But it lines up pretty well with some of the things we know.

And it does give us the new past time of trying to figure out who the secret Skywalker is.

It lines up with essentially none of the things we know that I'm aware of. Unless I'm missing something, this sounds completely made up and also improbable (actually, the word I'm looking for is impossible) logistically.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 9 Nov - 16:12

First of all, no way LF will do focus test screenings with reactions votes. If it's true, it will be the first time and it's so dumb. Secondly, external test screenings don't work like this. You don't shoot multiple absolutely different SEQUENCES for the purpose of reviewing them via test screenings. What a nonsense. If there are test screenings, any: internal and external,  and there is dissatisfaction, then director/writer works on ideas of editing and slight differences how to get more crowd pleasing vibe. Nobody is shooting completely opposite versions of endings "just to test", even if it's possible to do it on one set. It can happen only in very different circumstances and in this production JJ&Co don't have time for stuff described in this video.

I'm sure a lot of people know famous story of both external and internal test screenings for Dracula. They did focus testing and audience booed the ending because they wanted Mina and Dracula to be together (lol) or have some concrete resolution for their love story. Then Lucas helped Coppola with shifting story and he pointed out what was missed. They wanted reshoots for few scenes but Winona and Oldman hated each other that much at this point so one critical scene was altered digitally with the help of new separate footage of actors. It was part of explicit  love scene, which is impressive. But even with all of this, it's obviously that the substance of ending didn't change that  much if you know how the movie ended. They added changes to make an audience accept the ending more easily, because the love story and the journeys of both Mina and Dracula at least felt more complete.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer on Sat 9 Nov - 16:39

If LF/Disney wants to keep the ending from being spoiled, the easiest and cheapest way to do it is to muddy the spoiler waters and leak false spoilers.
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 9 Nov - 17:18

@Gemini wrote:The circle is now complete is what Vader said to obi wan before fighting on the death star right?

Image of rey Palpatine and Vader's grandson and this iconic line for,.....
..reasons
@Gemini

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2MzNjEzMTM2LTZlOGYtNDU2YS05OTVmLTEzOWM2YzUxODU5NVwvZGN2Y296eS03OTZkMzhmNy02OGNhLTRkNTItODgyNS00ZjQ5YmY4ODkwY2YuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sat 9 Nov - 17:19

Imagine inviting Lucas to spike up the movie and he just comes and with a serious voice announces that they need to add a secret Skywalker and everyones mind is blown. I mean every fanboy on internet could give this advice.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 9 Nov - 17:48

@SkyStar wrote:Imagine inviting Lucas to spike up the movie and he just comes and with a serious voice announces that they need to add a secret Skywalker and everyones mind is blown. I mean every fanboy on internet could give this advice.
@SkyStar

LOL

History has revealed Lucas thinks the opposite of a fanboy. So, I primarily don't believe it because if it reads as fanboy/dudebro advice, it was not advice from George Lucas. Now, if it reads as though it came from the pages of Campbell, then I believe it! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Spoilers and rumors

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 9 Nov - 22:26

@vaderito wrote:before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
@vaderito

It’s the “I’m Rey. Rey Skywalker” scene isn’t it? L-puke
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 9 Nov - 22:48

@Kylo Rey wrote:

@Kylo Rey

it doesn't have to be anything we've heard of. There are scenes that don't drive the plot so they don't leak. But since we know about RRS line, we automaticlaly think that's it. It could be but also remember that they filmed that part in Pinewood too for Lars Homestead was built there. they could have used the desert only for matte painting for Tats but not film an actual scene there.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 10 Nov - 0:46

Yeah, as a person who has lived most of my life loving this franchise in REAL time.. not a boomer Haha! but, and X'er there is nothing on this god's green earth IMHO that would convince me .. Rey nobody Palpy saying she is Rey Skywalker would move anyone or make the crew emotional and cry..

Just no...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 10 Nov - 1:49

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@vaderito wrote:before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
@vaderito

@Kylo Rey

No, the name is Yeet. Yeet Solo. *pit intensifies"
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 10 Nov - 9:18

How will you guys feel if this "Bond, Rey James Bond"  moment is in the film but then it's revealed that Ben is either alive but separated from Rey or Ben is Force Ghost who can take physical form and look like he is real?

I personally not against Rey taking the name but I'm against the execution of everything. It's a cheap legacy if you need last young Skywalker to die to make Rey finally golden girl of the dynasty. I mean, Ben felt to the dark side in first place because HE IS SKYWALKER. I'm pretty frustrated that I never see this point from anybody in production (directors, writers, actors) when they discuss Ben's fall or his relationship with parents. He was targeted because of his lineage. That's how REAL legacy affected his life. His parents were able to save the galaxy but weren't able to protect their own kid. This is the most obvious logical conclusion. If Ben just dies in the end of his journey, it means that REAL legacy of Skywalkers is destruction and death. But in great glory (lol). Anakin was a destroyer but was destroyed and took Padme with him. Leia and Luke were heroes but were destroyed by Skywalker's legacy. Leia lost a career and a family because of this. Luke lost family and his faith because of this. If the last generation aka Ben is a destroyer who get destroyed in the end - there is no way to spin this whole story as not a pure tragedy. I mean, they can make it a tragedy, that's not the point. But will they PRESENT it as a tragedy? Because I'm not getting that vibe here. The only "hopeful" thing about leaked end is that you can save the name, I guess? Legacy of Skywalkers won't magically change just because someone worthy will adopt the title. Skywalkers were destroyers who were saving what they were destroying and all of them, literally ALL Skywalkers, including Han, were tragically dying while doing this.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 10 Nov - 9:39

@special_cases

I will be honest, I just want Ben to survive and get a better life. Rey and Ridley can take whatever she wants, the legacy, the last name, but it has to be a fair trade, if she takes the legacy, then Ben has to be given a chance to survive. I'd rather take "no Reylo" than Ben's death.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 10 Nov - 9:48

@special_cases wrote:How will you guys feel if this "Bond, Rey James Bond"  moment is in the film but then it's revealed that Ben is either alive but separated from Rey or Ben is Force Ghost who can take physical form and look like he is real?

I personally not against Rey taking the name but I'm against the execution of everything. It's a cheap legacy if you need last young Skywalker to die to make Rey finally golden girl of the dynasty. I mean, Ben felt to the dark side in first place because HE IS SKYWALKER. I'm pretty frustrated that I never see this point from anybody in production (directors, writers, actors) when they discuss Ben's fall or his relationship with parents. He was targeted because of his lineage. That's how REAL legacy affected his life. His parents were able to save the galaxy but weren't able to protect their own kid. This is the most obvious logical conclusion. If Ben just dies in the end of his journey, it means that REAL legacy of Skywalkers is destruction and death. But in great glory (lol). Anakin was a destroyer but was destroyed and took Padme with him. Leia and Luke were heroes but were destroyed by Skywalker's legacy. Leia lost a career and a family because of this. Luke lost family and his faith because of this. If the last generation aka Ben is a destroyer who get destroyed in the end - there is no way to spin this whole story as not a pure tragedy. I mean, they can make it a tragedy, that's not the point. But will they PRESENT it as a tragedy? Because I'm not getting that vibe here. The only "hopeful" thing about leaked end is that you can save the name, I guess? Legacy of Skywalkers won't magically change just because someone worthy will adopt the title. Skywalkers were destroyers who were saving what they were destroying and all of them, literally ALL Skywalkers, including Han, were tragically dying while doing this.
@special_cases

I agree with this reasoning, and at this point, I hope that's why having Chris Terrio as co-writer can be a little reassuring. JJ's not so deep, but Terrio seems to be someone who has knowledge of classical narrative rules and hopefully would have caught all the repercussions and course corrected in the writing phase. Fingers crossed.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 10 Nov - 10:05

@MaddieDove wrote:
@special_cases wrote:How will you guys feel if this "Bond, Rey James Bond"  moment is in the film but then it's revealed that Ben is either alive but separated from Rey or Ben is Force Ghost who can take physical form and look like he is real?

@special_cases

I agree with this reasoning, and at this point, I hope that's why having Chris Terrio as co-writer can be a little reassuring. JJ's not so deep, but Terrio seems to be someone who has knowledge of classical narrative rules and hopefully would have caught all the repercussions and course corrected in the writing phase. Fingers crossed.
@MaddieDove

Do you remember Terrio's interview for Empire magazine, he said "Who is Rey? How can Rey become the spiritual heir to the Jedi? How can we give the most satisfying answer to that (...)"

plus the leaks. All of those things gave me the impression that they were assuming that if Rey takes the Skywalker last name, then she will become worthy of everything. I've got a bad feeling that they thought the legacy name was like Thor's hammer, not a person's last name anymore.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sun 10 Nov - 10:26

To me the legacy of the Skywalkers isn't just Luke's heroics, it's also the tragedy and falling to the dark side, doing awful things and the consequences that had for the whole family. It's why Ben is such a great representation of the Skywalkers to me, he has the best and worst of them and actually dealt with what it means to belong to this family. And it's not just the good parts and strong force sensitivity, it's also his mother and uncle being afraid of any sign of darkness in him because of Vader and its his parents not being there because they're so busy saving the galaxy constantly, it's being judged by the galaxy for who his grandfather is, being targeted by Snoke for his blood. Rey experienced none of that, she had her struggles ofc but they were not about being a Skywalker. So for her to just take the name as some kind of mantle and be a "spiritual heir" when she never even knew what being a Skywalker is rings very false and feels so lame to me. There's nothing satisfying with Rey calling herself that especially if all the actual Skywalkers are dead and if on top of that she got another super special legacy of being a blood Palpatine. Also in the leaks her parents aren't assholes who left her, they had to and were killed protecting her or something? So why would she even be looking for an adopted family name when she got her wish that her parents loved her and cared for her? Which I don't even want to get into how stupid that retcon is and how it kills one of the most interesting things about Rey imo, the idea that she lied to herself for years to protect herself from a painful truth that she was abandoned.

Mila95
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sun 10 Nov - 10:33

@OrionStars wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:

@special_cases

@MaddieDove

Do you remember Terrio's interview for Empire magazine, he said "Who is Rey? How can Rey become the spiritual heir to the Jedi? How can we give the most satisfying answer to that (...)"

plus the leaks. All of those things gave me the impression that they were assuming that if Rey takes the Skywalker last name, then she will become worthy of everything. I've got a bad feeling that they thought the legacy name was like Thor's hammer, not a person's last name anymore.
@OrionStars

I thought he didnt say it like that. Like shes the literal heir of the jedi. From what I can remember. He also said something that indicated she was not a spiritual heir. It was about who she is and what shes inherited.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 10 Nov - 11:40

@Gemini wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:

@special_cases

@MaddieDove

@OrionStars

I thought he didnt say it like that. Like shes the literal heir of the jedi. From what I can remember. He also said something that indicated she was not a spiritual heir. It was about who she is and what shes inherited.
@Gemini

When I read it... Chris is saying... does Rey have the strength and courage to carry on what she has inherited from the Jedi... but JJ is much more ambiguous

Regardless.. the name Skywalker is not necessarily emblematic of "jedi" the ultimate Jedi will always be Obi Wan..

The whole Reywalker BS even ins't about BEN.. it is about Rey as the actual protagonist.. if she is not a Skywalker.. she should get her own damn name.. create her own legend.. or find out what her actual name is. And yes I want a Reylo ending but no marrying Ben Solo to get a last name is some misogynistic BS too... General Organa.. Princess Organa is still listed as such on Star Wars web site.. no where do I see Mrs. Han Solo... Rolling Eyes

I said it years ago and all will say it again... if this is the ending of the ST.. JJ's mystery box.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Leslie-knope-trash-present
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove on Sun 10 Nov - 11:49

@OrionStars wrote:
@MaddieDove wrote:

@special_cases

@MaddieDove

@OrionStars
Yes, but I also see it as a kind of admittance that her character still needs a lot of exploration in the movie, that it's still vaguely shaped by previous movies. On the one hand, she is a young character on a journey, so it's still not too late to show the satisfying development (it is maybe late for the fans who are impatient and reacted badly to her relative shapelessness). Also, he's here talking about the Jedi, taking over the legacy of the Jedi order, and in this story's framework, Luke is the last Jedi. However, Skywalkers were historically both Jedi and Sith apprentices and masters, with Kylo (and Leia) being neither. There's so much more complicated family burden in Skywalkers (fatherless child, slavery, fostered separated orphans, ambition, leadership, neglected child, resentfulness, betrayal...) which goes beyond their dealings with the Force. I agree that this is totally separate complex from Rey, and she doesn't get to assume that legacy. She can only be catalyst for Ben dealing with all of that. For me, the only way for Rey to assume Skylwaker name is together with Ben. Skywalker can rise in plural. (And I don't mean as in marriage, but as in two balanced Force users partnership.)
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 10 Nov - 13:09

The only hopeful thing I can think of in this whole "Rey gets the title Skywalker" is that it makes sense for Ben to accept legacy of his father, so Solo legacy. Rey's journey starts as young Han Solo journey and in the end both Rey and Ben trade places in legacy they get. Rey which sees herself as someone who comes from nothing gets "noble" title (lol) and Ben which sees himself as someone who comes from noble lineage accepts Solo legacy "from nothing". Ben kind of needs to be alive in the end for it even if his last sequence from leaks does look like Solo's heroic act from ANH.

But if the leaks are true, I don't know how Rey Palpatine fits in this. Even if Rey is just Palpy's creation. I guess, her fate was manipulated by Palpatine somewhere similar to Skywalkers' fates. It's still bizarre that she will ignore her parents if they died trying to hide/protect her.

Last edited by special_cases on Sun 10 Nov - 16:14; edited 2 times in total
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Sun 10 Nov - 13:09

@MaddieDove

Personally, I think the idea of Rey taking the last name is really absurd, unearned and forced. Even fanboys can't accept it. In the context of the story, there isn't any absolute solution that could solve all the problems that will be stirred up by Rey "Skywalker".
Even if Rey marries Ben, she can't take the Skywalker last name because Ben's last name is Solo. Furthermore, everyone knows Ben is obsessed with his grandfather, but he doesn't even consider to discard his estranged father's last name, takes Anakin's last name and declares himself Ben Skywalker. While Rey, the protagonist who loves and cherishes her parents chooses to abandon her beloved parent's last name and takes the last name of the old man who was beaten by her because it's a cool, famous last name? The only reason to justify Rey "Skywalker" is it's just a pure business choice, Skywalker is a special trademark and it's very marketable just like the word "Jedi". In this terrible case, it doesn't make Rey special, she's just a chess piece, a "tool" for them to have more characters who will have the Skywalker last name. It makes Rey become the force-sensitive version of Shmi. If they truly care for Rey, they should have let her keep the last name of her own parents, so she could exist in SW history as an original character.

OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum