Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:19 am

@californiagirl wrote:Some think the shot of the black hooded figure in the trailer is dark!Rey. I'd kind of love that. They've been so cagey about Palpatine, I'm not confident they even showed him on screen yet, or if he's even physically embodied.
@californiagirl

I like that concept! Definitely inspired by Yoda vs Shadow Yoda, yet far more intense, it seems.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1453
Likes : 4361
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:40 am

Now that would be a twist!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3024
Likes : 12939
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:50 am

And here it is, TLJ under 5 minutes for kids. Very hero driven. It’s funny which force connection they chose. And guess who is in the very last image of the video.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1926
Likes : 9507
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 2:26 am

I couldn't help but think watching TLJ yet again, the expression on Kylo's face as he stares at Rey during their second Force connection ("You have that look on your face"), that it was familiar.
Where did I see that before?
Then it hit me.
In Bram Stoker's Dracula, the scene when Drac drops Mina off at her friend's home, Gary Oldman had exactly the same expression on his face as he kissed her hand.
It's adoration.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3024
Likes : 12939
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 3:35 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram B43e28d6cd31de8e416d92e0222b5f98c398683d

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Cd4c7e721db93faac75b6fe51ceed2a343c09969

Seeing this, I want to think, my brain tells me...

Spoiler:
Hey, they are on Tatooine, it's the last scene, Ben is there, where it all started
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 3:39 pm

The full version of the above is in Portuguese, but sleemo has some translations.

http://www.adorocinema.com/noticias/filmes/noticia-151630/

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree630

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree631

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree632

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree633

Also, another big spread in Total Film coming up, plus (another!) centerpiece on Adam.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree103

They are REALLY banking on this shot: the trailer, the SW website home page, t-shirts, magazines, seriously everything.
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree634

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree635
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2101
Likes : 10931
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by vaderito on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 3:42 pm

before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10384
Likes : 50135
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Atenais on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 5:50 pm

@vaderito wrote:before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
@vaderito

Unfortunately, it's predictable. Daisy never got me the feeling that she felt touched filming with Adam. She may think him a great actor, but he's not her friend, as John, for example.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rey09 on Sat 09 Nov 2019, 8:11 pm

@Atenais wrote:
@vaderito wrote:before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
@vaderito

Unfortunately, it's predictable. Daisy never got me the feeling that she felt touched filming with Adam. She may think him a great actor, but he's not her friend, as John, for example.
@Atenais

She literally said something about being besties with him was the best thing ever lol. She's def got closer to Adam over time for sure.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1870
Likes : 8488
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by cherrylipstick on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 2:05 am

Desert, fading lights, the majestic Williams soundtrack... I immediately thought of a new binary sunset scene, something that reminds you Luke and the past movies and surely it could get you emotional.


I'm pretty curious about that scene now Laughing

_________________
Darkness rises... and light to meet it
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick
Moderator

Messages : 366
Likes : 1670
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11
Age : 34
Localisation : Kylo's room

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 3:23 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@vaderito wrote:before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
@vaderito

Unfortunately, it's predictable. Daisy never got me the feeling that she felt touched filming with Adam. She may think him a great actor, but he's not her friend, as John, for example.
@Atenais

She literally said something about being besties with him was the best thing ever lol. She's def got closer to Adam over time for sure.
@rey09

I agree, I remember reading they went out for drinks together in Ireland. They definitely got closer while filming TLJ and I imagine they are even closer friends after filming TROS too. It's just that for some reason, we never see them together in promo pics, red carpets or interviews. It's kind of sad really with them being the most popular characters of this trilogy.. Neutral
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 3:27 pm

Daisy's scenes with Adam in TFA were mostly antagonistic, apart from the interrogation scene. With John she had scenes where they bonded as friends.
In TLJ their scenes were much more personal. I think we're going to see both in TROS.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3024
Likes : 12939
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Atenais on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 5:35 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@vaderito wrote:before anyone gets too excited, the scene couldn't feature Kylo because Adam was in LA on Nov 6 (BKKK promo). Last day in Jordan was Nov 9 (they didn't shoot but where just hanging out - JJ and Oscar went to Israel, Daisy went to Petra). I remember that John posted Fireworks (wrap party presumably) on Nov 7 or 8 (I think it was 7th). So last day of shooting would be party day, maybe day before, but Adam definitely wasn't there because of proven appearance in the States plus long flight. he had to leave at aleast on Nov 5.

Sorry to burst the bubble but that short scene that moved everyone doesn't have Rey and Kylo in it, just Rey.
@vaderito

Unfortunately, it's predictable. Daisy never got me the feeling that she felt touched filming with Adam. She may think him a great actor, but he's not her friend, as John, for example.
@Atenais

She literally said something about being besties with him was the best thing ever lol. She's def got closer to Adam over time for sure.
@rey09

I agree, I remember reading they went out for drinks together in Ireland. They definitely got closer while filming TLJ and I imagine they are even closer friends after filming TROS too. It's just that for some reason, we never see them together in promo pics, red carpets or interviews. It's kind of sad really with them being the most popular characters of this trilogy.. Neutral
@tukicarreno

Well, they don't look that friendly IMO. I believe she respects his work a lot, but I don't see them have the nice friendship she has with John. But since I don't really know these people, I will not argue about. Anyone is entitled to have his feelings about these matters.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nickandnora on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 7:28 pm

It doesn't really matter though. I mean, they seem to like each other just fine and get along just fine as well. But there's a big age gap and lifestyle difference, and they're at completely different places in their careers. I guess it would be nice if we got more in the way of promo between the two of them, but we might still yet. Marketing hasn't officially ramped up, and there might be even more to come AFTER the movie is released (when they can released their stronghold on spoilers a little bit more). None of this is necessarily connected to the story.

I mean Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey couldn't stand each other to the point where I don't even think they could be in the same room if they weren't filming a scene. And yet Dirty Dancing is still the story and film that it is.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 711
Likes : 3840
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Atenais on Sun 10 Nov 2019, 9:26 pm

@nickandnora wrote:It doesn't really matter though. I mean, they seem to like each other just fine and get along just fine as well. But there's a big age gap and lifestyle difference, and they're at completely different places in their careers. I guess it would be nice if we got more in the way of promo between the two of them, but we might still yet. Marketing hasn't officially ramped up, and there might be even more to come AFTER the movie is released (when they can released their stronghold on spoilers a little bit more). None of this is necessarily connected to the story.

I mean Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey couldn't stand each other to the point where I don't even think they could be in the same room if they weren't filming a scene. And yet Dirty Dancing is still the story and film that it is.
@nickandnora

Yes, I agree with you. And, as you, I would love to see them together promoting the movie more actively. Smile
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 1:24 am

There's another thing....Daisy and John are both British which means of course they're likely to see more of each other. And in the interviews during the promotion of TFA they seemed far more extrovert than Adam, who's come out of his shell a bit since.

They seemed fine together during the promos for TLJ. And of course Adam is also a dad now, and naturally will want to spend family time in between working.
Or it could simply be LF misdirection.
We'll have to wait and see.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3024
Likes : 12939
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 1:58 am

Whether Daisy and Adam are friends has nothing to do with them doing promo for TROS together. If KK/JJ and LF/Disney deem it important that they do so, they will. John and Daisy became friends because they were two young Brits starting a new-ish career at the same time. Also, the whole "bestie" comment I took in the way it was meant -- humorous and lighthearted. I doubt Daisy and Adam are actual 'besties.' That's just a British expression... the American version would be buddies. No biggie.

I would love it if Disney went Chris Pine/Gal Gadot with Adam and Daisy. I guess we shall see.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 757
Likes : 2407
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-12

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Atenais on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 7:56 am

People, I never said they were enemies. Jeez. I just stated that it's not surprising to think that she felt more touched sharing a scene with people she feels as her friends. I believe she would feel more touched sharing a scene with John, for example. There's not bad about it.

But maybe this scene was with R2. Who knows? XD
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tukicarreno on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:27 am

@Dar-ren19 wrote:Whether Daisy and Adam are friends has nothing to do with them doing promo for TROS together. If KK/JJ and LF/Disney deem it important that they do so, they will. John and Daisy became friends because they were two young Brits starting a new-ish career at the same time. Also, the whole "bestie" comment I took in the way it was meant -- humorous and lighthearted. I doubt Daisy and Adam are actual 'besties.' That's just a British expression... the American version would be buddies. No biggie.

I would love it if Disney went Chris Pine/Gal Gadot with Adam and Daisy. I guess we shall see.
@Dar-ren19

I would love that too! Make it happen Disney! I do think Adam & Daisy are close though, they just don't show it in public. To say "the best thing that happened to me after filming TLJ, is becoming besties wth you" means something. Imagine all the time they spent together practicing fights and all the emotional stuff. Daisy even said she stayed up all night in Ireland chatting with Adam before filming a scene the day after. So yeah, hopefully we will see some joint interviews for once when they start promoting TROS. Smile
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 3600
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:41 am

I hope so too!

But let's just say, Adam is not that introvert as he seems in front of the cameras. Mia Wasikowska ( the most introverted actress ever ) has a movie with him and she shared some "interesting" information about him lmao. He's a silly goofy in short. He carried her on his back on set and sooo on. Or the bts photos of TMWKDQ.

He's closed and nervous only when it comes to the Stat Wars cast members. Weird.

But I do hope we will see them together at the premier. Not to mention a possible reylo photoshoot 😍

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 71
Likes : 278
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-30

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:42 am

Here are some Daisy-Adam friendship magazine articles from earlier in the ST era:

https://vmagazine.com/article/driving-miss-daisy/

https://www.bustle.com/p/daisy-ridley-adam-drivers-friendship-is-beautifully-supportive-7630558

I can't see this kind of marketing happening this time around though simply because of Adam's schedule. We shall see though.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 312
Likes : 1223
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by special_cases on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:59 am

I agree with @Atenais point, "touching" is not description I will expect from Daisy about filming a scene with Driver, as Daisy usually is getting emotional about her own feelings about shooting and not about emotional weight of literal scene.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1317
Likes : 6052
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nana7marie on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 10:43 am

Regarding Driver’s and Ridley’s relationship, I’ve never considered it friendship (as in being really close) - I believe they like each other, feel at ease in their company and enjoy hanging out together when they work on the same project. It’s Boyega, who’s Ridley’s close friend - they’re both British Londoners, SW was their true breakthrough, they’re closer in age and lifestyle and so on.
However, as @nickandnora said, it doesn’t matter as Ridley and Driver aren’t the same people as their characters. Also agreed with @Dar-ren19 - Lucasfilm will decide if they promote TRoS together.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 393
Likes : 2026
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 31
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:34 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Scree643
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2101
Likes : 10931
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:50 pm

@nana7marie wrote:Regarding Driver’s and Ridley’s relationship, I’ve never considered it friendship (as in being really close) - I believe they like each other, feel at ease in their company and enjoy hanging out together when they work on the same project. It’s Boyega, who’s Ridley’s close friend - they’re both British Londoners, SW was their true breakthrough, they’re closer in age and lifestyle and so on.
However, as @nickandnora said, it doesn’t matter as Ridley and Driver aren’t the same people as their characters. Also agreed with @Dar-ren19 - Lucasfilm will decide if they promote TRoS together.
@nana7marie

I got the impression that Daisy and John— British, the same age, both single— were good friends, whereas Adam hit it off more with Oscar— similar age, married, also a dad, American, fellow Juilliard grad.  But that they all liked and respected each other.  I don’t find that very surprising— no more than the fact that a big offscreen Daisy/Oscar friendship doesn’t seem to be happening.  Besides, if Daisy says anything gushy about Adam, you know there are two portions of the fandom that will jump on it as proof of Reylo— one will be delighted, and one will be angry.  She kind of can’t win.  Smile

I should add that I loved her dynamic with Domhnall Gleason in some of the TV spots, and they never had a single scene together.  Smile

Edited to add: The Domhnall/Daisy dynamic was hilarious, like goofy siblings or something. Smile


Last edited by Lily Snape on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 639
Likes : 3358
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum