Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 19:11

@AcrosstheStars wrote:That JJ quote I was thinking of has really been nagging at me, so I started rereading everything to find it. It was in the Uproxx article posted Monday.

Q: By the end of this movie will we have a better sense of who Snoke was? Or is that another story for another time?

A: I will say, without giving anything away, knowing this movie is an ending is, for me infinitely more challenging than a beginning. We knew we needed to provide answers. And while there may be some things that aren’t entirely demystified by the end of it, we wanted to make sure people left feeling that they were satisfied. So I hope, on a number of issues, people will leave and feel like that it’s a true ending and not an advertising ploy. We really are bringing it to an end.

https://uproxx.com/movies/jj-abrams-interview-the-rise-of-skywalker-star-wars/

I know sometimes in the past he has lied, and Disney in general has people lie (Ewan confirmed he had to lie for four years about his project), but this definitely doesn’t jive with no definite ending for Ben. Open ending is the definition of an advertising ploy in case they do a 4th trilogy later or standalone Ben movie.
@AcrosstheStars

Agree about that. They can't allow themselves to let key doors openex for a 4th trilogy about Skywalkers. The only thing that could ever happen in the future would be to have future descendants as supporting characters in a movie but I'm not even sure there would give any room for that. It's still a complicated issue whether or not Disney/Lucasfilm would allow Ben to live a peaceful family life with Rey in some remote place. To me, it must feel like an ending with clear answers to key questions. So letting Ben's fate opened for speculation would make no sense. If he has to die, I think we will hear it from the mouth of one of the characters or we will see something that leaves no doubt about it. I really what this scene on Ahch-To is about exactly. I don't like it for now. It's like it has no place in the story that really makes sense storywise. And why would Rey wear her hood with this dead expression on her face in this specific part of the movie although she never wears it. That's really strange. I get the parallels with Black Narcissus (that scene scared me to death btw). Did she realize she went too far or has the potential of a monster?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 19:20

Damn, Rey and Kylo have a lot of scenes together in this movie (this just from the promo):

TIE fighter jump on Pasaana
White room with Vader helmet/Kimji stone steps
Kylo looking at Rey in the hangar as she jumps
In the throne room
Outside on the Death Star ruins
Ben shows up, Rey smiles
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 19:28

@Kylo Rey wrote:Damn, Rey and Kylo have a lot of scenes together in this movie (this just from the promo):

TIE fighter jump on Pasaana
White room with Vader helmet/Kimji stone steps
Kylo looking at Rey in the hangar as she jumps
In the throne room
Outside on the Death Star ruins
Ben shows up, Rey smiles
@Kylo Rey

I’m greedy. I would still like more. Laughing

I forgot to post this last week, but Hot Toys put out the prototype images for the Rey and Kylo TROS figures. For those of you not familiar with those, they’re (pricey) figures that are the most detailed film replicas you can find at that size (think Barbie-ish). The Kylo listing confirms that those cheap helmet toys glowing isn’t just a marketing gimmick, the red lines in the helmet actually glow off and on in the film. Or, at least they did at the time Lucasfilm gave HT what they needed to make these. They don’t add “extras” that aren’t in the film.

Here’s a video of it in action:
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 20:00

Love all the footage that we’re seeing (movie looks visually amazing) and the latest tv spot was beyond fantastic, but then I think about the leaks and N2BSA and I get depressed all over again Cry
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 20:03

@Kylo Rey wrote:Love all the footage that we’re seeing (movie looks visually amazing) and the latest tv spot was beyond fantastic, but then I think about the leaks and N2BSA and I get depressed all over again Cry
@Kylo Rey

Same. I’m hoping we get something to be happy over on this WDW/Disneyland special tonight. Just started here on the east coast. Supposed to have something on the movie and the new Galaxy’s Edge ride.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 20:08

@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:Love all the footage that we’re seeing (movie looks visually amazing) and the latest tv spot was beyond fantastic, but then I think about the leaks and N2BSA and I get depressed all over again Cry
@Kylo Rey

Same. I’m hoping we get something to be happy over on this WDW/Disneyland special tonight. Just started here on the east coast. Supposed to have something on the movie and the new Galaxy’s Edge ride.
@AcrosstheStars

If I hadn’t read the leaks, my hype would honestly be through the roof. If it all turns out exactly as leaked, I feel really, really bad for the people going in spoiler free, because yikes. Reading between the lines though of these poorly interpreted leaks + combining it with more added context and tone of the footage, I think there’s two really intense, dramatic arcs at play here for both Rey and Kylo, and you can see the bones of a setup for a romance as well (that’s mega angsty), but the ending just all torpedoes it (another reason why it’s so baffling to me, it’s like it takes a sudden, hard left turn).

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 20:10; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 20:09

@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora 😂😂😂 This is hilarious that Palpy will take their power away and then decide to "choose" apprentice. This is the proof that sources are seeing or hearing something but they really can't understand it.

I think MSW got some new info and perhaps is sitting on it, waiting to publish new stuff every week before release. You know, clicks, clicks, clicks! He is also waiting for more people to see bits and pieces or the final cut but he needs to return attention to himself early because everybody already forgot about him after JP dropped his masterpiece.

I want to remind one more time. MSW said that they SAW Luke's death scene and reported bizarre entangled reading on this that was useless without context. More like, their source knew someone who saw it, sent them screenshots and tiny clips, and this telephone game turned to be absolutely pointless because all of them were unable to understand the meaning of the scene.
@special_cases

For me it's the *image* of a rejuvenated Palpatine sitting atop his throne talking to himself and rationalizing which one of the fools lying faceplanted on the ground having a nap will be his successor. Like, it's morbidly hilarious and somehow I don't actually think that's what they're going for.

Also worth pointing out that the only information that is anything (the Anakin stuff) in the article was only posted to get people to donate to a specific charity. And that's fine and a nice thing, but there was clear ulterior motive there, I'm just saying.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Thu 28 Nov - 20:23

@nickandnora wrote:
@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora 😂😂😂 This is hilarious that Palpy will take their power away and then decide to "choose" apprentice. This is the proof that sources are seeing or hearing something but they really can't understand it.

I think MSW got some new info and perhaps is sitting on it, waiting to publish new stuff every week before release. You know, clicks, clicks, clicks! He is also waiting for more people to see bits and pieces or the final cut but he needs to return attention to himself early because everybody already forgot about him after JP dropped his masterpiece.

I want to remind one more time. MSW said that they SAW Luke's death scene and reported bizarre entangled reading on this that was useless without context. More like, their source knew someone who saw it, sent them screenshots and tiny clips, and this telephone game turned to be absolutely pointless because all of them were unable to understand the meaning of the scene.
@special_cases

For me it's the *image* of a rejuvenated Palpatine sitting atop his throne talking to himself and rationalizing which one of the fools lying faceplanted on the ground having a nap will be his successor. Like, it's morbidly hilarious and somehow I don't actually think that's what they're going for.

Also worth pointing out that the only information that is anything (the Anakin stuff) in the article was only posted to get people to donate to a specific charity. And that's fine and a nice thing, but there was clear ulterior motive there, I'm just saying.
@nickandnora

Assuming that Rey's full name is Rey Palpatina Senate, I think Palpy insists that Rey could be his "successor" because she is his blood relative and blood is thicker than water. If he keeps her alive and could convince her to stay with him, one day he could get a great-grandson or great-granddaughter from Rey and he could corrupt that baby like what Snoke did to Ben Solo.
Heck, there was a time when I laughed at the idea that the type of villain like Palpy could f*ck and had children but then my Potterhead friend reminded me that even Voldy had his baby girl Delphini and the fans only found out after he died, ughh.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:34

I think the recent fiasco with the frozen 2 spoilers might actually be kinda beneficial to us.  Those spoilers were factual, but not the whole story basically.  What we know now is factual, but not complete by any means.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 20:40

@Moonjump05 wrote:I think the recent fiasco with the frozen 2 spoilers might actually be kinda beneficial to us.  Those spoilers were factual, but not the whole story basically.  What we know now is factual, but not complete by any means.
@Moonjump05

This is the first I'm hearing about this, so I'm truly confused. Frozen 2 is a kid's Disney movie, like in the classic sense. Did anyone seriously believe Disney was going to end an actual, literally for small children, moneymaking kid's movie on a negative, traumatic note? I mean...

At least with this there's SOME ambiguity about target audience so there's more than one thing they could do, certainly. But angst over FROZEN?! Wow.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Thu 28 Nov - 20:55

@nickandnora wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:I think the recent fiasco with the frozen 2 spoilers might actually be kinda beneficial to us.  Those spoilers were factual, but not the whole story basically.  What we know now is factual, but not complete by any means.
@Moonjump05

This is the first I'm hearing about this, so I'm truly confused. Frozen 2 is a kid's Disney movie, like in the classic sense. Did anyone seriously believe Disney was going to end an actual, literally for small children, moneymaking kid's movie on a negative, traumatic note? I mean...

At least with this there's SOME ambiguity about target audience so there's more than one thing they could do, certainly. But angst over FROZEN?! Wow.
@nickandnora

@Moonjump05

Yeah, that was a wild month before they officially released Frozen 2. Such as
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 YJ6pDGg
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Ig9I8AK
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 I0JMJHZ

Everyone felt devastated and let down, I remember reading some comments of fanatic Frozen fans on 4chan about hacking the database of Disney's headquarters because they thought Disney killed Elsa. Hahaha. Typical days in the fandom.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 28 Nov - 20:57

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@Kylo Rey

@AcrosstheStars

If I hadn’t read the leaks, my hype would honestly be through the roof. If it all turns out exactly as leaked, I feel really, really bad for the people going in spoiler free, because yikes. Reading between the lines though of these poorly interpreted leaks + combining it with more added context and tone of the footage, I think there’s two really intense, dramatic arcs at play here for both Rey and Kylo, and you can see the bones of a setup for a romance as well (that’s mega angsty), but the ending just all torpedoes it (another reason why it’s so baffling to me, it’s like it takes a sudden, hard left turn).
@Kylo Rey

I mean, it makes sense that Act III is somehow misinterpreted by sources/leakers. I know that JW is saying that his people saw the movie but I didn't get the vibe of certainty from him actually.

Boyega also said that he heard that the ending is changing and hinted that it won't sit up well for all people. To be honest, this is the only reason why I'm little nervous because I don't think that there is good reason to change your mind about ending so late. It happens when something didn't work after you did major editing and you're trying to save something that is #1 priority. And in this case, it would be Rey for JJ. Perhaps Boyega simply didn't the real ending that was intended since the beginning and wasn't included in the script and that's why it "changed" for him.

Anyway, as @nickandnora pointed out numerous times, Palpy's motivations/actions/intentions don't make any sense in reported act III. Sources can't grasp the real meaning of what's going on the screen.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Thu 28 Nov - 20:59

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@AcrosstheStars wrote:
@Kylo Rey

@AcrosstheStars

@Kylo Rey

I'm so glad I stay away from all spoilers except the bits and pieces I get here.  I have no idea what you guys are talking about, so I don't have to believe it. sunny flower

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 21:09

If the Disney special is airing now in your time zone, might want to tune in shortly, maybe 15-20 minutes from now to be safe. They just confirmed they will show behind the scenes footage from TROS. Already showed a quick clip of Rey in Kylo’s ship from the perspective of a person behind the cameraman and a between takes shot of the scene with Rey, Poe, and Finn in the tunnel. I think it was Oscar who was laughing.

I don’t know if ABC will post this, but I’m assuming someone in fandom will upload it if they don’t. I remember many Reylos guessed they fought the Praetorians based on that film’s BTS reel, so *fingers crossed* we get something to chew over here too!
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 21:09

@special_cases wrote:Boyega also said that he heard that the ending is changing and hinted that it won't sit up well for all people. To be honest, this is the only reason why I'm little nervous because I don't think that there is good reason to change your mind about ending so late. It happens when something didn't work after you did major editing and you're trying to save something that is #1 priority. And in this case, it would be Rey for JJ. Perhaps Boyega simply didn't the real ending that was intended since the beginning and wasn't included in the script and that's why it "changed" for him.

People can call my crazy right up until (and after) the movie comes out, but awhile ago I developed a hypothesis about what John might be referring to and I think it fits. First of all, when he didn't raise his hand when asked who knew the ending, I was suspicious (because he's in the leaked Paxis ending). Then there have been his comments - or actually I think they were more like reactions - disagreeing with Daisy's assertion that the ending won't be controversial. At the same time, he's said more interesting things like J.J. did something (I'm going to assume with Finn) that made him want to kiss him and celebrate (I'm paraphrasing that, lol). Like a, "yes, FINALLY" type of thing. Definitely can't find anything of the sort in the leaks. And finally, he was just recently quoted as saying that both Finn and Rey have feelings for other people. All of which fits in with my hypothesis (that I'm not going to outline here, because I'm becoming a bit paranoid and superstitious to be frank, lol).

I don't actually think there are any fake scenes. I think J.J. maybe made a lot of the cast/crew think the final shot on Tatooine was as simple as that, but again I don't think it was IT. I think that John knows that he filmed a bunch of interesting things for the ending, he just doesn't know for SURE if J.J. is going to use them all, and in what order. But I think whatever John filmed is going to be in the ending. And one thing I'll say is: I'm pretty sure he filmed a scene of just him and Daisy talking that is not in any of the leaks, and that probably only he, J.J. and Daisy know the contents of.

If JP and Jason can make their bullshit assumptions, then so can I. Smile

ETA: It's worth mentioning that I'm pretty sure when John refers to "the ending" he's referring to whatever it is that Naomi Ackie raised her hand for in that one interview, thinking she knew what it was. That's what John *didn't* raise his hand for and what Kelly Marie Tran had a reaction to. That ending is likely exactly what JP was referring to: being on Tatooine, watching the sunset, etc. So when he says he thinks the ending might be changing he means FROM THAT. I feel like something about this also lines up with John filming something that was very probably reshoots (like, actual reshoots) rumoured to be taking place at Bad Robot with Daisy. Maybe not, but I find any rumours of anything being filmed at BR interesting for the potential secrecy there.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 28 Nov - 21:57

There is new footage with Finn and Poe and I'm sure this thing wasn't in leaks, right? Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Img_2022
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 28 Nov - 21:58

In one of the new shots with kylo there's an image of a teapot. Any idea where that might be? It looks like it's related to ending but where is he?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 28 Nov - 22:02

@rey09 wrote:In one of the new shots with kylo there's an image of a teapot. Any idea where that might be? It looks like it's related to ending but where is he?
@rey09

I think it's his first meeting with Palpy if we go by the leaks. Palpy is playing old dying grandpa living with caretakers (you can see one behind), so there is feel of home with teapots etc. It does look like from beginning because of Kylo's clothes (muddy).
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Thu 28 Nov - 22:03

@special_cases wrote:There is new footage with Finn and Poe and I'm sure this thing wasn't in leaks, right? Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Img_2022
@special_cases

Is this the worm she apparently heals???
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 28 Nov - 22:09

@whisperingwillow No, because the worm is underground, I guess? I don't remember MF near that situation with worm. It looks like early adventures of Finn and Poe and Klaud where they are looking for intel and get chased by FO. But there was zero mention of this sequence.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 22:12

@special_cases wrote:There is new footage with Finn and Poe and I'm sure this thing wasn't in leaks, right? Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 5 Img_2022
@special_cases

I was just coming to post this. What the heck is that thing? It has to be early in the film, because Klaud (that goofy looking alien) is in the cockpit with Poe, Finn and Chewie when they’re flying head on to that thing’s mouth, and I think Klaud is just supposed to be early in the film.

The Disney special showed Rey in a coat (or is it Daisy in a cast jacket?) with her staff, facing Zorii, plus the scene we haven’t placed yet from Celebration of Kylo in the flat dessert area. This time they cut to Rey walking, making it look like she’s stalking towards him. Some other clips too, but that was it for Kylo.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 22:17

@special_cases wrote:
@rey09 wrote:In one of the new shots with kylo there's an image of a teapot. Any idea where that might be? It looks like it's related to ending but where is he?
@rey09

I think it's his first meeting with Palpy if we go by the leaks. Palpy is playing old dying grandpa living with caretakers (you can see one behind), so there is feel of home with teapots etc. It does look like from beginning because of Kylo's clothes (muddy).
@special_cases

Ok but this is hilarious. Grandpa Palps. They better have an explanation as to how he’s back.

That shot of Kylo in the desert, kind of now looks like it’s on Pasaana. Looks like he’s smiling a tiny bit as well. RIP my theory that it was from the ending on Tatooine.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 22:28

People on reddit are saying the clip of Warwick Davis in the Ewok suit backstage is new. So I guess we get Ewoks in this movie??

If Kef Bir is indeed a moon of Endor, I guess it makes sense they would be there, but that’s pretty dang random tone-wise. Fight to the death (almost), but hey look, teddy bears! Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 22:30

Is there literally any scene, any small thing they've shown so far, that makes it look like Kylo is on the offensive when it comes to Rey? Because this is getting hilarious.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 22:33

@nickandnora wrote:Is there literally any scene, any small thing they've shown so far, that makes it look like Kylo is on the offensive when it comes to Rey? Because this is getting hilarious.
@nickandnora

Her default setting seems to be anger the entire movie haha. Check out 00:37 of the new teaser: https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1200238342379466752?s=21
It’s the clearest angle of the DS fight we’ve seen yet, and he’s reallyyyyy on the defensive.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum