Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 29 Nov - 4:53

@nickandnora wrote:Is there literally any scene, any small thing they've shown so far, that makes it look like Kylo is on the offensive when it comes to Rey? Because this is getting hilarious.
@nickandnora
Kylo is holding his helmet, but his hair isn't done up for it so this must be an actual scene where he removes the helmet in order to talk to Rey. My first guess from there is that it has to be the scene with the necklace. The Force Bond kicks in when she's feeling lonely and they talk, and Rey gets upset/closes the connection, leaving her necklace in his grasp when he tries to reach for her. It's their first meeting in a year. Unfortunately this scene was described as "he antagonizes her" or something to that effect, which is just um... wat.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 5:07

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:Is there literally any scene, any small thing they've shown so far, that makes it look like Kylo is on the offensive when it comes to Rey? Because this is getting hilarious.
@nickandnora

Her default setting seems to be anger the entire movie haha. Check out 00:37 of the new teaser: https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1200238342379466752?s=21
It’s the clearest angle of the DS fight we’ve seen yet, and he’s reallyyyyy on the defensive.
@Kylo Rey

Yes, totally. She's always being aggressive and he has a more sedate demeanour (disarmed, trying to talk, defensive strikes, watching her going away, taking a step back). The only time I saw him being aggressive was in the TIE chasing scene. And these scenes choices aren't random.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 29 Nov - 5:25

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@nickandnora
Kylo is holding his helmet, but his hair isn't done up for it so this must be an actual scene where he removes the helmet in order to talk to Rey. My first guess from there is that it has to be the scene with the necklace. The Force Bond kicks in when she's feeling lonely and they talk, and Rey gets upset/closes the connection, leaving her necklace in his grasp when he tries to reach for her. It's their first meeting in a year. Unfortunately this scene was described as "he antagonizes her" or something to that effect, which is just um... wat.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ooooh yeah, this could be it. The necklace scene is their first interaction right? She’s not wearing her necklace while she’s stalking towards him though? Or is that her walking away after he takes it from her? Just went back through that part of the leak and it’s so short and vague, lol. All it says is that the conversation ends with Kylo grabbing the necklace from around her neck. Which means Kylo has to get really close to her (like right in her personal space) in order to get it. As well as Rey letting him get that close, because I seriously doubt he lunges at her and rips it off her neck, lol.

@Atenais The TIE chase scene still has me confused tbh. With how non-aggressive Kylo’s being that one really sticks out. He could obviously shoot at her, which he’s not, but it also looks like he’s trying to run her down??
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 29 Nov - 6:56

@whisperingwillow wrote:
@special_cases wrote:There is new footage with Finn and Poe and I'm sure this thing wasn't in leaks, right? Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Img_2022
@special_cases

Is this the worm she apparently heals???
@whisperingwillow

LOL All I can think of is Cloverfield monster. haha

OMG! Very Happy Smile Razz

(Cue Cloverfield/SW AU's)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 29 Nov - 7:11

Okay, was away from the internet most of the day because Thanksgiving. But the SW train keeps rolling!

I remember the first time we heard a about Rey encountering a crashed TIE on fire, I thought, what a good, striking moment that would create for a trailer, or as a piece of concept art. I'm not surprised that, as well as things like Kylo's mask that's been on virtually every piece of marketing, people have seen some of these things.

Others here have mentioned that recent Frozen spoilers weren't entirely accurate regarding things that happen at the end. I was hearing that Endgame, which didn't fully leak until after the premiere, also sounded truly terrible and people hated it, but then it came out and most people loved it. People who had the entire TFA script got stuff wrong. People who saw TLJ got stuff wrong. A thing can be both correct in some ways and inaccurate in others.

I agree that I'm very confused about the third act of this movie. What is it? Where is it? What's the biggest set piece/action scene going on at this point? What are all the other characters doing? I've seen a couple people suggest that Kylo takes the Skywalker name. A little odd, but if Rey took the name with him, that could be a way to make her a Skywalker without having it be nearly as empty or off-putting as if he were dead. There's still some very fundamental questions we don't have answered.

And the latest TV spot, holy moley. Jenny sums it up well.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Scree664

JJ has said there's entire action scenes we haven't even seen. I think they focus on the fighting and explosions and lightsabers in marketing because that's easy to sell, and not nearly as spoilery as character moments. They keep surprising us even with these little tidbits, imagine what they haven't shown us!

Also, we finally have the Celebration of byronic Kylo in the desert officially released, and with Rey walking towards him, dang! There's a giant snake thing in space. Rey meets the KOR? And guys, guys, Klaud is on the Falcon! Smile

Even if Anakin is just a voice, I still like that Hayden might still be included, even if I would prefer an actual appearance. The prequels are what they are, but they do still count and are crucial to the ST. I find the inclusion of non-saga characters like Ahsoka a bit strange but I get if they get an easter egg-like vocal cameo.

And yes, they've said multiple times this is supposed to be a definitive ending, not a vague, open-ended, wishy-washy non-ending.

If hurting Kylo is intentionally designed to be her lowest point, that already throws some of the earlier leaks into question, which clearly wanted to portray Rey and Kylo as antagonistic, violent towards each other, and downright petty. Just straightforward enemies. Which isn't at all what's going on.

Oh, the part about how Rey is unconscious while Kylo permanently dies is the funniest thing I've heard in these leaks. Really, they're JJ's creations, and he's talked about how much he and Rian loved writing Kylo. And judging by the footage, directing him too. Didn't he say working with Adam was a career highlight?

Agree with others, it's been so nice and reassuring to see the cast be so genuinely enthusiastic, relaxed, and confident about TROS. GOT8 this ain't.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 29 Nov - 10:06

There is no necklace in this scene

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 EKh0XHMX0AEChRU?format=jpg&name=large
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 29 Nov - 10:48

@Kylo Rey wrote:Love all the footage that we’re seeing (movie looks visually amazing) and the latest tv spot was beyond fantastic, but then I think about the leaks and N2BSA and I get depressed all over again Cry
@Kylo Rey
@AcrosstheStars wrote:Same. I’m hoping we get something to be happy over on this WDW/Disneyland special tonight. Just started here on the east coast. Supposed to have something on the movie and the new Galaxy’s Edge ride.
@AcrosstheStars
Keep in mind that JediPaxis has limited and fragmented information, which - like so many of you - I’d rather see listed in bullet points, as he connects these pieces by himself - biased and, well, not the smartest amongst us. He said himself that he’s got barely any dialogues and admitted to have guessed the infamous self-righteous monologue of Rey’s. Cheer up, it’s only three weeks left!  Cheek kiss
Bendemption’s been a given for a while now, but I don’t believe for one second Kylo dies - not to mention in such a way. I’m also sure of Reylo, and going by the promotion, I’m quite confident it’ll be explicit.  Approves

@Moonjump05 wrote:I think the recent fiasco with the frozen 2 spoilers might actually be kinda beneficial to us.  Those spoilers were factual, but not the whole story basically.  What we know now is factual, but not complete by any means.
@Moonjump05
@special_cases wrote:Anyway, as @nickandnora pointed out numerous times, Palpy's motivations/actions/intentions don't make any sense in reported act III. Sources can't grasp the real meaning of what's going on the screen.
@special_cases
@californiagirl wrote:Others here have mentioned that recent Frozen spoilers weren't entirely accurate regarding things that happen at the end. I was hearing that Endgame, which didn't fully leak until after the premiere, also sounded truly terrible and people hated it, but then it came out and most people loved it. People who had the entire TFA script got stuff wrong. People who saw TLJ got stuff wrong. A thing can be both correct in some ways and inaccurate in others.
@californiagirl wrote:JJ has said there's entire action scenes we haven't even seen. I think they focus on the fighting and explosions and lightsabers in marketing because that's easy to sell, and not nearly as spoilery as character moments. They keep surprising us even with these little tidbits, imagine what they haven't shown us!
@californiagirl wrote:And yes, they've said multiple times this is supposed to be a definitive ending, not a vague, open-ended, wishy-washy non-ending.

If hurting Kylo is intentionally designed to be her lowest point, that already throws some of the earlier leaks into question, which clearly wanted to portray Rey and Kylo as antagonistic, violent towards each other, and downright petty. Just straightforward enemies. Which isn't at all what's going on.
@californiagirl
All of the above:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tenor

@special_cases wrote:Boyega also said that he heard that the ending is changing and hinted that it won't sit up well for all people. To be honest, this is the only reason why I'm little nervous because I don't think that there is good reason to change your mind about ending so late. It happens when something didn't work after you did major editing and you're trying to save something that is #1 priority. And in this case, it would be Rey for JJ. Perhaps Boyega simply didn't the real ending that was intended since the beginning and wasn't included in the script and that's why it "changed" for him.
@special_cases
It wouldn’t be Kylo lives vs Kylo dies, though, but which take’s the best, which order works better and so on - nothing major.

@nickandnora wrote:People can call my crazy right up until (and after) the movie comes out, but awhile ago I developed a hypothesis about what John might be referring to and I think it fits. First of all, when he didn't raise his hand when asked who knew the ending, I was suspicious (because he's in the leaked Paxis ending). Then there have been his comments - or actually I think they were more like reactions - disagreeing with Daisy's assertion that the ending won't be controversial. At the same time, he's said more interesting things like J.J. did something (I'm going to assume with Finn) that made him want to kiss him and celebrate (I'm paraphrasing that, lol). Like a, "yes, FINALLY" type of thing. Definitely can't find anything of the sort in the leaks. And finally, he was just recently quoted as saying that both Finn and Rey have feelings for other people. All of which fits in with my hypothesis (that I'm not going to outline here, because I'm becoming a bit paranoid and superstitious to be frank, lol).

I don't actually think there are any fake scenes. I think J.J. maybe made a lot of the cast/crew think the final shot on Tatooine was as simple as that, but again I don't think it was IT. I think that John knows that he filmed a bunch of interesting things for the ending, he just doesn't know for SURE if J.J. is going to use them all, and in what order. But I think whatever John filmed is going to be in the ending. And one thing I'll say is: I'm pretty sure he filmed a scene of just him and Daisy talking that is not in any of the leaks, and that probably only he, J.J. and Daisy know the contents of.

If JP and Jason can make their bullshit assumptions, then so can I. Smile

ETA: It's worth mentioning that I'm pretty sure when John refers to "the ending" he's referring to whatever it is that Naomi Ackie raised her hand for in that one interview, thinking she knew what it was. That's what John *didn't* raise his hand for and what Kelly Marie Tran had a reaction to. That ending is likely exactly what JP was referring to: being on Tatooine, watching the sunset, etc. So when he says he thinks the ending might be changing he means FROM THAT. I feel like something about this also lines up with John filming something that was very probably reshoots (like, actual reshoots) rumoured to be taking place at Bad Robot with Daisy. Maybe not, but I find any rumours of anything being filmed at BR interesting for the potential secrecy there.
@nickandnora
Go for it!  Thumbs up The film’s finished - everything is set in stone and we can only wait now  Lolilol
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscarborough-fairo on Fri 29 Nov - 11:38

May I ask why do you guys believe in that idiotic necklance "leaks" made by a narrow-minded, anti-reylo dude??? He made this stupid s*** after he saw the Vanity Fair bts video where she had the necklance

Do you really believe that Ben would be this aggressive to Rey? Are you serious??confused

Oscarborough-fairo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 13:42

@Kylo Rey wrote:@Atenais The TIE chase scene still has me confused tbh. With how non-aggressive Kylo’s being that one really sticks out. He could obviously shoot at her, which he’s not, but it also looks like he’s trying to run her down??
@Kylo Rey

Same here. But I was only commenting the scenes we have from official released content (teasers, BTS, spots, etc), not from leaks. To tell the true, I think it's nice that they are promoting Rey aggressive and Kylo subdued, they're trying to bring some sense of balance to GA, since Kylo is perceived as the villain in the past 2 movies.

@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:May I ask why do you guys believe in that idiotic necklance "leaks" made by a narrow-minded, anti-reylo dude??? He made this stupid s*** after he saw the Vanity Fair bts video where she had the necklance

Do you really believe that Ben would be this aggressive to Rey? Are you serious??confused
@Oscarborough-fairo

It's not the case that we believe in everything, but since the leaks are being proved [again and again] correct, we built our theories and timeline using the leaks. By now, we see that the leakers don't understand the tone of the movie. This is the thread to talk about the spoilers, and we talk about the spoilers.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 29 Nov - 13:53

@Atenais wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:@Atenais The TIE chase scene still has me confused tbh. With how non-aggressive Kylo’s being that one really sticks out. He could obviously shoot at her, which he’s not, but it also looks like he’s trying to run her down??
@Kylo Rey

Same here. But I was only commenting the scenes we have from official released content (teasers, BTS, spots, etc), not from leaks. To tell the true, I think it's nice that they are promoting Rey aggressive and Kylo subdued, they're trying to bring some sense of balance to GA, since Kylo is perceived as the villain in the past 2 movies.

@Oscarborough-fairo wrote:May I ask why do you guys believe in that idiotic necklance "leaks" made by a narrow-minded, anti-reylo dude??? He made this stupid s*** after he saw the Vanity Fair bts video where she had the necklance

@Oscarborough-fairo

It's not the case that we believe in everything, but since the leaks are being proved [again and again] correct, we built our theories and timeline using the leaks. By now, we see the the leakers don't understand the tone of the movie. This is the thread to talk about the spoilers, and we talk about the spoilers.
@Atenais

Agreed on everything, and I too find it a good sign that Kylo’s not aggressive in these spots, whereas Rey’s pretty livid. I mean, they could conclude everything with Reylo anyway, but it wouldn’t be satisfactory - there’s a reason we’re so into Reylo in the first place and Kylo showing respect and care for Rey contributes to it.

I just hope that the stabbing scene, if real at all, will not play out as leaked - Rey going dark and attempting to hurt or even kill Kylo in a fit of rage is one thing, her trying to do so when he’s unarmed and feeling his mother’s death is way OOC for my taste. Especially that she’d feel Leia’s death too - but would totally shake it off and go for a stab instead? scratch
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 29 Nov - 13:53

Poe and simple surprise..at something we don't know what...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Rise-of-Skywalker-ew-image-600x400

Poe, screaming NO!!... is witnessing someone he cares about die right here... this is what shocked pain looks like... it's going to be emotional for sure..

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 EKfJimsWkAYiWSf?format=jpg&name=small

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Fri 29 Nov - 14:29

Chinese national media company Sina corp spoiled that

Rey和Kylo Ren大战回归的帕尔帕廷皇帝
Rey and Kylo Ren have a battle against Emperor Palpatine

Reylo是真的
Reylo is real

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 7QzEfrV

Lol, I like Asian marketing style, always go straight to the main point if you want to sell tickets.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 29 Nov - 15:44

Especially that she’d feel Leia’s death too - but would totally shake it off and go for a stab instead?
I'm almost certain that it's going to be because she's in a rage and not going to be thinking straight, but also I believe that Kylo is going to feel Leia's death FIRST and I suspect that Rey doesn't feel it until *after* she stabs him, which is part of what makes her realize what she's done.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 16:14

@OrionStars wrote:Chinese national media company Sina corp spoiled that

Rey和Kylo Ren大战回归的帕尔帕廷皇帝
Rey and Kylo Ren have a battle against Emperor Palpatine

Reylo是真的
Reylo is real

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 7QzEfrV

Lol, I like Asian marketing style, always go straight to the main point if you want to sell tickets.
@OrionStars

A detail, this news was posted at October, 22 and, yeah, they did really tell Reylo is real. XD

But they say, "Rey and Kylo Ren will fight against Emperor Palpatine (or it's fake?)".

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Sina10

In other news, did you see that a terminal patient got to watch TROS? (Article here

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Sw10
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Fri 29 Nov - 18:25

@nana7marie

@californiagirl

Thank you both for the positivity. This is Star Wars— as many have said, it’s not Game of Thrones. When I was a kid waiting...three years...for Return of the Jedi, I knew (having watched Empire) that there might be losses and surprises, there might be darkness, but that there would be hope. Same with this one.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 19:12

Beautiful new posters from IMAX and SW Twitter. They're putting some emphasis on Kylo's fractured helmet.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tros_p14
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tros_p13

Am I wrong or it's the first time we see Luke in the posters?
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 29 Nov - 19:48

Yes, the only time we've actually seen Luke was a staged VF picture. One of these posters shows Kylo's hair on one side instead of his helmet? Interesting creative choice, but I get the point being made.

Did we know that Daisy kept the dark!Rey ring? She's dug being not an uber-pure heroine so much.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/daisy-ridley-kept-dark-rey-ring-star-wars-rise-skywalker/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 21:01

@californiagirl wrote:Yes, the only time we've actually seen Luke was a staged VF picture. One of these posters shows Kylo's hair on one side instead of his helmet? Interesting creative choice, but I get the point being made.
@californiagirl

I think it's Luke's fringe. Doesn't look dense as his hair. In this image we can see better:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Tros_p17
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 29 Nov - 21:03

@nickandnora wrote:
Especially that she’d feel Leia’s death too - but would totally shake it off and go for a stab instead?
I'm almost certain that it's going to be because she's in a rage and not going to be thinking straight, but also I believe that Kylo is going to feel Leia's death FIRST and I suspect that Rey doesn't feel it until *after* she stabs him, which is part of what makes her realize what she's done.
@nickandnora
That I could accept - as long as it’s not some cold calculation ‘Oh, Leia’s dying - but oh wait, thank the Force actually, I have my chance now as he’s distracted!’ Shocked

@californiagirl wrote:Yes, the only time we've actually seen Luke was a staged VF picture. One of these posters shows Kylo's hair on one side instead of his helmet? Interesting creative choice, but I get the point being made.

Did we know that Daisy kept the dark!Rey ring? She's dug being not an uber-pure heroine so much.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/daisy-ridley-kept-dark-rey-ring-star-wars-rise-skywalker/
@californiagirl
I think it’s Luke’s hair, though? Like his fringe?

EDIT: @Atenais Lmao, have posted the same thing at the same time lol!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 29 Nov - 21:05

@nana7marie wrote:
@californiagirl
@nana7marie

Yes, I think the same, I posted another pic (in the post before yours) where we can see better.

@nana7marie wrote:EDIT: @Atenais Lmao, have posted the same thing at the same time lol!
@nana7marie

Yes. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Fri 29 Nov - 21:07

@nana7marie wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@nickandnora
That I could accept - as long as it’s not some cold calculation ‘Oh, Leia’s dying - but oh wait, thank the Force actually, I have my chance now as he’s distracted!’ Shocked

@californiagirl

EDIT: @Atenais Lmao, have posted the same thing at the same time lol!
@nana7marie

Yeah what if Rey really does not feel Leias death and Kylo does so he does not move suddenly and Rey does not expect that and this is when she stabs him because she expected him to move away from her attack.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 29 Nov - 23:29

Overlapping Luke and Kylo so it looks like parts of their face are the same person is certainly a bold choice. Getting flashbacks to Luke's "I will not be the last Jedi!" Gee, wonder who the other Jedi (or two) could be.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 30 Nov - 10:31

So reading the MSW post in the pinned Spoiler thread .....

Rey is really the chosen one and the Skywalkers are just her cheerleaders.

So the first six films are retconned.

Disaster.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 30 Nov - 11:59

@Kylo Men wrote:So reading the MSW post in the pinned Spoiler thread .....

Rey is really the chosen one and the Skywalkers are just her cheerleaders.

So the first six films are retconned.

Disaster.
@Kylo Men

That would be a disaster if that was true but I don't think it is. And that poster has a very strong Lion King vibe with Rey as Simba. I'm convinced that this poster holds more meaning that it looks like. That poster is all about the Skywalkers from a certain POV. You have the depiction of both the Twins and the Twins Suns. The Twins Suns are Rey and Kylo as two different persons but I believe that Rey also represents the light side of Ben while Kylo is the dark side:. Kylo is a fading shadow while Rey is shining. I believe that Rey represents Ben in that poster. If they would put Ben right away in that poster, it would be too obvious. He is the one who has forgotten who he is and where Anakin came from, a slave on a desert planet like Rey :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 6 Simba-10
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Sat 30 Nov - 18:46

Star Wars social media accounts have just released another TV spot titled ‘Celebrate’, contains a few seconds of new footage: masked Kylo walking down the corridor with the Knights of Ren as well as Leia holding a lightsabre (repaired Anakin’s sabre, somebody on Twitter has already checked):
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum