Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Tue 3 Dec - 2:41

I don't know if this belongs to this thread, but since we're talking about the ending and the actors reaction, someone went to "Late with Lilly" recording and see what he said:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_12
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_13
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 3 Dec - 3:10

@Atenais wrote:I don't know if this belongs to this thread, but since we're talking about the ending and the actors reaction, someone went to "Late with Lilly" recording and see what he said:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_12
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_13
@Atenais

I think it belongs! Very Happy Smile

cheers
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1453
Likes : 4361
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen on Tue 3 Dec - 3:45

I'm now lapsing into that odd sense of calm I experienced before TLJ, when it hit me how close we were to seeing it and knowing everything. It'll be over so soon and it's a strange feeling, almost surreal! Now the only question is if bookstore employees will get the visual dictionary early again and leak it like before.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2962
Likes : 20294
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Chris24601 on Tue 3 Dec - 4:40

@Saracene wrote:But Snoke being Palpatine's puppet only makes everything even more confusing IMO. If we presume that Snoke was acting on Palpatine's orders, why did he want Kylo to kill Rey in TLJ as a final test? I mean, I get the point about Palpatine playing chess, but it's getting ridiculous if we're supposed to believe that Palpatine ordered Snoke to tell Kylo to kill Rey because he knew that Kylo would have feelings for Rey and would instead kill Snoke and become the Supreme Leader, then go looking for the source of Snoke's power so that he can stumble on Palpatine so that Palpatine can tell him to kill Rey while knowing that Kylo wouldn't... whew.
My general presumption with most rumors is that fans tend to overthink things and, particularly with Star Wars, the plot is generally pretty straight forward.

Here’s a simple solution that cleans up a lot. Snoke wasn’t a puppet, just Palpatine’s minion. Palpatine’s order was to track down Luke Skywalker and kill him. When Rey turned up as the inevitable “light” to challenge the rising darkness so he ordered Kylo to kill her after learning Luke’s location from her mind. He didn’t expect Kylo to turn on him and Kylo and Rey are literally the only two people who know what actually happened.

Kylo told everyone in the First Order that Rey killed Snoke... those in the First Order in the know then reported this to Palpatine. Palpatine reveals himself (in the process revealing that the First Order isn’t actually loyal to Kylo and the “supreme leader” was just a figurehead) and calls Kylo to Exogol and orders him to follow through on killing the last Jedi.

Palpatine reveals he’s laid a trap for Rey that hinges on exploiting her greatest weakness and the role Kylo plays in it. Cue Kylo working to save Rey even as everyone presumes he’s the trap for her, but the trap is really the “Rey Palpatine” element... she IS “nobody”, but not to Ben which is why he risks everything to save her.

Boom... you’ve got a straight forward “love redeems” plot that is protected from being spoiled by using the expectations of the spoiler site dudebros against them... that Kylo is trying to stop Rey because he’s the villain and that Rey has to be related to somebody important... and flipping all the details on their head because of those assumptions.

Basically, you cause the dudebros to fall into the same trap that Rey is going to in the story.


Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 158
Likes : 1215
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-11

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rey09 on Tue 3 Dec - 5:35

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@Atenais wrote:I don't know if this belongs to this thread, but since we're talking about the ending and the actors reaction, someone went to "Late with Lilly" recording and see what he said:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_12
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_13
@Atenais

I think it belongs! Very Happy Smile

cheers
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Are the hosts given ideas for questions by Disney to lead the audience a certain way? Because I feel it would make no sense for all this reylo to be promoted and then they give that disaster of an ending. Like it just has to happen!!! It would be so sadistic otherwise!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1870
Likes : 8488
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by KiraRen2015 on Tue 3 Dec - 5:38

@Chris24601 Love it! Simple yet effective and makes sense.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 116
Likes : 399
Date d'inscription : 2018-06-17

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 3 Dec - 6:20

@Chris24601 wrote:
@Saracene wrote:But Snoke being Palpatine's puppet only makes everything even more confusing IMO. If we presume that Snoke was acting on Palpatine's orders, why did he want Kylo to kill Rey in TLJ as a final test? I mean, I get the point about Palpatine playing chess, but it's getting ridiculous if we're supposed to believe that Palpatine ordered Snoke to tell Kylo to kill Rey because he knew that Kylo would have feelings for Rey and would instead kill Snoke and become the Supreme Leader, then go looking for the source of Snoke's power so that he can stumble on Palpatine so that Palpatine can tell him to kill Rey while knowing that Kylo wouldn't... whew.
My general presumption with most rumors is that fans tend to overthink things and, particularly with Star Wars, the plot is generally pretty straight forward.

Here’s a simple solution that cleans up a lot. Snoke wasn’t a puppet, just Palpatine’s minion. Palpatine’s order was to track down Luke Skywalker and kill him. When Rey turned up as the inevitable “light” to challenge the rising darkness so he ordered Kylo to kill her after learning Luke’s location from her mind. He didn’t expect Kylo to turn on him and Kylo and Rey are literally the only two people who know what actually happened.

Kylo told everyone in the First Order that Rey killed Snoke... those in the First Order in the know then reported this to Palpatine. Palpatine reveals himself (in the process revealing that the First Order isn’t actually loyal to Kylo and the “supreme leader” was just a figurehead) and calls Kylo to Exogol and orders him to follow through on killing the last Jedi.

Palpatine reveals he’s laid a trap for Rey that hinges on exploiting her greatest weakness and the role Kylo plays in it. Cue Kylo working to save Rey even as everyone presumes he’s the trap for her, but the trap is really the “Rey Palpatine” element... she IS “nobody”, but not to Ben which is why he risks everything to save her.

Boom... you’ve got a straight forward “love redeems” plot that is protected from being spoiled by using the expectations of the spoiler site dudebros against them... that Kylo is trying to stop Rey because he’s the villain and that Rey has to be related to somebody important... and flipping all the details on their head because of those assumptions.

Basically, you cause the dudebros to fall into the same trap that Rey is going to in the story.

@Chris24601

I love this. It fits with what we’ve seen while avoiding the seriously convoluted plots that are getting thrown out there. And OT and ST Star Wars just aren’t convoluted (I’m not going to get into it about the prequels because I think the political stuff and machinations are but the main relationships are not— but that’s just me.) I also love your concluding sentence. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 639
Likes : 3358
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nana7marie on Tue 3 Dec - 7:57

@Saracene wrote:But Snoke being Palpatine's puppet only makes everything even more confusing IMO. If we presume that Snoke was acting on Palpatine's orders, why did he want Kylo to kill Rey in TLJ as a final test? I mean, I get the point about Palpatine playing chess, but it's getting ridiculous if we're supposed to believe that Palpatine ordered Snoke to tell Kylo to kill Rey because he knew that Kylo would have feelings for Rey and would instead kill Snoke and become the Supreme Leader, then go looking for the source of Snoke's power so that he can stumble on Palpatine so that Palpatine can tell him to kill Rey while knowing that Kylo wouldn't... whew.
@Saracene
lol! lol! lol!

@Atenais wrote:I don't know if this belongs to this thread, but since we're talking about the ending and the actors reaction, someone went to "Late with Lilly" recording and see what he said:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_12
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Lilly_13
@Atenais
With all that marketing, I really believe we’re gonna get explicit Reylo endgame, guys!  Approves

@Chris24601 I like your theory too, this and @nickandnora suggestions, make the leaks make more sense. For it to work, though, Palpatine would need to truly believe Kylo’s lie that it was Rey, who killed Snoke?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 393
Likes : 2026
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-04
Age : 31
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Saracene on Tue 3 Dec - 9:54

@Chris24601 wrote:Here’s a simple solution that cleans up a lot. Snoke wasn’t a puppet, just Palpatine’s minion. Palpatine’s order was to track down Luke Skywalker and kill him. When Rey turned up as the inevitable “light” to challenge the rising darkness so he ordered Kylo to kill her after learning Luke’s location from her mind. He didn’t expect Kylo to turn on him and Kylo and Rey are literally the only two people who know what actually happened.

Kylo told everyone in the First Order that Rey killed Snoke... those in the First Order in the know then reported this to Palpatine. Palpatine reveals himself (in the process revealing that the First Order isn’t actually loyal to Kylo and the “supreme leader” was just a figurehead) and calls Kylo to Exogol and orders him to follow through on killing the last Jedi.

Palpatine reveals he’s laid a trap for Rey that hinges on exploiting her greatest weakness and the role Kylo plays in it. Cue Kylo working to save Rey even as everyone presumes he’s the trap for her, but the trap is really the “Rey Palpatine” element... she IS “nobody”, but not to Ben which is why he risks everything to save her.

Boom... you’ve got a straight forward “love redeems” plot that is protected from being spoiled by using the expectations of the spoiler site dudebros against them... that Kylo is trying to stop Rey because he’s the villain and that Rey has to be related to somebody important... and flipping all the details on their head because of those assumptions.

Basically, you cause the dudebros to fall into the same trap that Rey is going to in the story.

@Chris24601

I appreciate the simplicity, but to be honest I'd find it a bit boring if the story is back to "Big Bad wants to kill the Last Jedi", except with Palpatine and Rey instead of Snoke and Luke. Why kill Snoke at all if Palpatine basically has exactly the same goals and the only difference is that Kylo changes bosses? Also, I'm not sure how this scenario works with the time gap between the movies; why does Palpatine wait a year before calling Kylo to Exogol?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2347
Likes : 15038
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Tue 3 Dec - 10:25

I have a simpler and cheesier explanation of why Palpy could make Kylo work for him. It probably is

Palpy: "Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but I've just realized that you're the perfect suitor for muh grand babe girl Rey (but not really muh grand babe girl) because your genes can improve the height of my family."

Bennie: "OK grandpa-in-law, what do you want me to do?"
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 342
Likes : 1540
Date d'inscription : 2018-11-10

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Tue 3 Dec - 11:14

@Birdwoman wrote:What is up with the segment of Star Wars fandom that is obsessed with clones? 😂😂
@Birdwoman

OMG I know!

There is a massive obsession with clones in SW. Clone of Lukes hand, Clone of another character, clone of Snoke. Clone of Anakin..Clone of Shmi

I guess the clone troopers are what sparked this and it is very science fiction which people tend to love?

I saw an interesting video once, I think it was someone trying to explain why they felt the prequels failed. It was the lack of depth to the idea of clones fighting droids. No one is "real" in this scenario? So why would we care? Theres no emotional attachment. These are not men with families fighting against ther people with families.. Its clones fighting robots.

I think this is why in the new movies, the storm troopers are real people, snatched from families at birth.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3142
Likes : 12471
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Saracene on Tue 3 Dec - 11:51

"Snoke is a clone" doesn't explain anything anyway, because okay, whose clone is he then and what's his story? We even got an explanation for who the clones originated from in the prequels and they were just basically cannon fodder.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2347
Likes : 15038
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Tue 3 Dec - 12:42

@Saracene wrote:
@Chris24601 wrote:Here’s a simple solution that cleans up a lot. Snoke wasn’t a puppet, just Palpatine’s minion. Palpatine’s order was to track down Luke Skywalker and kill him. When Rey turned up as the inevitable “light” to challenge the rising darkness so he ordered Kylo to kill her after learning Luke’s location from her mind. He didn’t expect Kylo to turn on him and Kylo and Rey are literally the only two people who know what actually happened.

Kylo told everyone in the First Order that Rey killed Snoke... those in the First Order in the know then reported this to Palpatine. Palpatine reveals himself (in the process revealing that the First Order isn’t actually loyal to Kylo and the “supreme leader” was just a figurehead) and calls Kylo to Exogol and orders him to follow through on killing the last Jedi.

Palpatine reveals he’s laid a trap for Rey that hinges on exploiting her greatest weakness and the role Kylo plays in it. Cue Kylo working to save Rey even as everyone presumes he’s the trap for her, but the trap is really the “Rey Palpatine” element... she IS “nobody”, but not to Ben which is why he risks everything to save her.

Boom... you’ve got a straight forward “love redeems” plot that is protected from being spoiled by using the expectations of the spoiler site dudebros against them... that Kylo is trying to stop Rey because he’s the villain and that Rey has to be related to somebody important... and flipping all the details on their head because of those assumptions.

Basically, you cause the dudebros to fall into the same trap that Rey is going to in the story.

@Chris24601

I appreciate the simplicity, but to be honest I'd find it a bit boring if the story is back to "Big Bad wants to kill the Last Jedi", except with Palpatine and Rey instead of Snoke and Luke. Why kill Snoke at all if Palpatine basically has exactly the same goals and the only difference is that Kylo changes bosses? Also, I'm not sure how this scenario works with the time gap between the movies; why does Palpatine wait a year before calling Kylo to Exogol?
@Saracene

Unfortunately I agree, this would be the same. The story should be simple, but not repetitive.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 3 Dec - 12:43

New Spoilers from Jason

A New Hope
A new detail has emerged for the ending of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that I find rather interesting. I believe the slight shift changes the meaning of Ben Solo’s character arc and how the last events of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker resolve Ben’s story.

Throughout the film, Rey uses the power to heal. This power is rooted in empathy, compassion, and love. It is exclusively a lightside ability. Rey discovers she has this ability when she encounters a wounded sandsnake creature. Later she uses this power to heal Ben Solo after their duel.

Redemption is a Solo affair
After being defeated by Rey, Ben Solo has a vision of Han Solo. The setup for the scene has changed a lot since I first reported on it last April but the contents are the same. The father he murdered appears to him. His father, Han Solo forgives Ben for his actions and encourages him to be the man he really is.

Ben: Dad, I love y….

Blocked
(Ben is cut off)

Han: I know.

(the vision ends)

When Ben Solo’s vision of his father ends, Kylo Ren is dead and Ben Solo has returned. The good inside him is something he can no longer ignore. He loves his father. He’s a good person and he doesn’t want anything bad to happen to Rey. Early on in the film, Darth Sidious tells Kylo to kill Rey, he knows he can’t do it and he even tells her so in the film.

A heal to die on
In the final moments of Ben Solo’s life, Darth Sidious siphons the force through Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and empower himself to new evil heights. Rey and Ben fall to the ground after being drained. I’m told in the final version of the film, Ben Solo realizes Rey has taught him the power of compassion. Ben then uses the power Rey used on him to heal the woman who healed who did the same for him earlier. Ben does so knowing that Darth Sidious will destroy him for it. But that action will allow her to rise. Ben heals Rey and the Sidious pushes him into the abyss of Exegol for it.

While the Emperor zaps his Sith lightning into the sky above Exegol, Ben heals Rey. Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Ezra, and Leia tell her to “rise” and she does. Rey pulls out the concealed Leia saber and makes an “X” with the blades to deflect Darth Sidious’ lightning blast and the power is volleyed back to the Sith Lord destroying him.

Ben Solo’s selfless sacrifice
Ben’s last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben’s compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right.

Ben is redeemed and the galaxy is saved. Rey destroys Darth Sidious thanks to Ben Solo’s final act of compassion, like his grandfather did for his uncle the generation before.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/12/a-new-detail-has-emerged-from-the-final-duel-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/


Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Tue 3 Dec - 12:52; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3740
Likes : 8961
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 3 Dec - 12:49

eheheheh so funny!!

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 64b80554042553a4e8033c728b507f6b2d1d4021
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 94458b665da7fa5c2a82ac80f6db8fadab2b3ef4
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 1d6e74cde95425e45339da3db037b753b8e3edf7
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Tue 3 Dec - 12:49

@spacebaby45678 wrote:New Spoilers from Jason

A New Hope
A new detail has emerged for the ending of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that I find rather interesting. I believe the slight shift changes the meaning of Ben Solo’s character arc and how the last events of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker resolve Ben’s story.

Throughout the film, Rey uses the power to heal. This power is rooted in empathy, compassion, and love. It is exclusively a lightside ability. Rey discovers she has this ability when she encounters a wounded sandsnake creature. Later she uses this power to heal Ben Solo after their duel.

Redemption is a Solo affair
After being defeated by Rey, Ben Solo has a vision of Han Solo. The setup for the scene has changed a lot since I first reported on it last April but the contents are the same. The father he murdered appears to him. His father, Han Solo forgives Ben for his actions and encourages him to be the man he really is.

Ben: Dad, I love y….

Blocked
(Ben is cut off)

Han: I know.

(the vision ends)

When Ben Solo’s vision of his father ends, Kylo Ren is dead and Ben Solo has returned. The good inside him is something he can no longer ignore. He loves his father. He’s a good person and he doesn’t want anything bad to happen to Rey. Early on in the film, Darth Sidious tells Kylo to kill Rey, he knows he can’t do it and he even tells her so in the film.

A heal to die on
In the final moments of Ben Solo’s life, Darth Sidious siphons the force through Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and empower himself to new evil heights. Rey and Ben fall to the ground after being drained. I’m told in the final version of the film, Ben Solo realizes Rey has taught him the power of compassion. Ben then uses the power Rey used on him to heal the woman who healed who did the same for him earlier. Ben does so knowing that Darth Sidious will destroy him for it. But that action will allow her to rise. Ben heals Rey and the Sidious pushes him into the abyss of Exegol for it.

While the Emperor zaps his Sith lightning into the sky above Exegol, Ben heals Rey. Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Ezra, and Leia tell her to “rise” and she does. Rey pulls out the concealed Leia saber and makes an “X” with the blades to deflect Darth Sidious’ lightning blast and the power is volleyed back to the Sith Lord destroying him.

Ben Solo’s selfless sacrifice
Ben’s last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben’s compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right.

Ben is redeemed and the galaxy is saved. Rey destroys Darth Sidious thanks to Ben Solo’s final act of compassion, like his grandfather did for his uncle the generation before.
@spacebaby45678

I still don't like Ben falling in the pit, but I like the vision of Han and I love the idea that he has the power of healing too.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonjump05 on Tue 3 Dec - 12:50

@spacebaby45678 wrote:New Spoilers from Jason

A New Hope
A new detail has emerged for the ending of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that I find rather interesting. I believe the slight shift changes the meaning of Ben Solo’s character arc and how the last events of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker resolve Ben’s story.

Throughout the film, Rey uses the power to heal. This power is rooted in empathy, compassion, and love. It is exclusively a lightside ability. Rey discovers she has this ability when she encounters a wounded sandsnake creature. Later she uses this power to heal Ben Solo after their duel.

Redemption is a Solo affair
After being defeated by Rey, Ben Solo has a vision of Han Solo. The setup for the scene has changed a lot since I first reported on it last April but the contents are the same. The father he murdered appears to him. His father, Han Solo forgives Ben for his actions and encourages him to be the man he really is.

Ben: Dad, I love y….

Blocked
(Ben is cut off)

Han: I know.

(the vision ends)

When Ben Solo’s vision of his father ends, Kylo Ren is dead and Ben Solo has returned. The good inside him is something he can no longer ignore. He loves his father. He’s a good person and he doesn’t want anything bad to happen to Rey. Early on in the film, Darth Sidious tells Kylo to kill Rey, he knows he can’t do it and he even tells her so in the film.

A heal to die on
In the final moments of Ben Solo’s life, Darth Sidious siphons the force through Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and empower himself to new evil heights. Rey and Ben fall to the ground after being drained. I’m told in the final version of the film, Ben Solo realizes Rey has taught him the power of compassion. Ben then uses the power Rey used on him to heal the woman who healed who did the same for him earlier. Ben does so knowing that Darth Sidious will destroy him for it. But that action will allow her to rise. Ben heals Rey and the Sidious pushes him into the abyss of Exegol for it.

While the Emperor zaps his Sith lightning into the sky above Exegol, Ben heals Rey. Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Ezra, and Leia tell her to “rise” and she does. Rey pulls out the concealed Leia saber and makes an “X” with the blades to deflect Darth Sidious’ lightning blast and the power is volleyed back to the Sith Lord destroying him.

Ben Solo’s selfless sacrifice
Ben’s last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben’s compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right.

Ben is redeemed and the galaxy is saved. Rey destroys Darth Sidious thanks to Ben Solo’s final act of compassion, like his grandfather did for his uncle the generation before.
@spacebaby45678

No kiss 1/10

But seriously, the pit has never killed a force user in SW before why start now?  

Plus, in a story of hope and forgiveness it apparently isn't enough and Kylo, no Ben has to die?  Right as he finally turns completely to the light?  

Don't buy it.

Edit:. I just realized how bad Ben falling into the pit never to be seen again really is when the movie is called Rise of Skywalker.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 601
Likes : 4322
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 3 Dec - 12:54

@spacebaby45678 wrote:New Spoilers from Jason

A New Hope
A new detail has emerged for the ending of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that I find rather interesting. I believe the slight shift changes the meaning of Ben Solo’s character arc and how the last events of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker resolve Ben’s story.

Throughout the film, Rey uses the power to heal. This power is rooted in empathy, compassion, and love. It is exclusively a lightside ability. Rey discovers she has this ability when she encounters a wounded sandsnake creature. Later she uses this power to heal Ben Solo after their duel.

Redemption is a Solo affair
After being defeated by Rey, Ben Solo has a vision of Han Solo. The setup for the scene has changed a lot since I first reported on it last April but the contents are the same. The father he murdered appears to him. His father, Han Solo forgives Ben for his actions and encourages him to be the man he really is.

Ben: Dad, I love y….

Blocked
(Ben is cut off)

Han: I know.

(the vision ends)

When Ben Solo’s vision of his father ends, Kylo Ren is dead and Ben Solo has returned. The good inside him is something he can no longer ignore. He loves his father. He’s a good person and he doesn’t want anything bad to happen to Rey. Early on in the film, Darth Sidious tells Kylo to kill Rey, he knows he can’t do it and he even tells her so in the film.

A heal to die on
In the final moments of Ben Solo’s life, Darth Sidious siphons the force through Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and empower himself to new evil heights. Rey and Ben fall to the ground after being drained. I’m told in the final version of the film, Ben Solo realizes Rey has taught him the power of compassion. Ben then uses the power Rey used on him to heal the woman who healed who did the same for him earlier. Ben does so knowing that Darth Sidious will destroy him for it. But that action will allow her to rise. Ben heals Rey and the Sidious pushes him into the abyss of Exegol for it.

While the Emperor zaps his Sith lightning into the sky above Exegol, Ben heals Rey. Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Ezra, and Leia tell her to “rise” and she does. Rey pulls out the concealed Leia saber and makes an “X” with the blades to deflect Darth Sidious’ lightning blast and the power is volleyed back to the Sith Lord destroying him.

Ben Solo’s selfless sacrifice
Ben’s last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben’s compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right.

Ben is redeemed and the galaxy is saved. Rey destroys Darth Sidious thanks to Ben Solo’s final act of compassion, like his grandfather did for his uncle the generation before.
@spacebaby45678

Ben Solo’s selfless sacrifice Ben’s last act is a compassionate one to save Rey and the universe. He consciously makes a smart move knowing he will be lost in the exchange but the good side will win the game. He acts completely selflessly. Han Solo gave his life for his son, knowing his son was inherently good and it would be the right thing for the universe. Ben’s compassion and love for Rey is expressed not with a kiss but a sacrifice proving Han Solo right. wrote:

and as a thank you Rey takes the Skywalker surname, nice way to thank ....
for me it's unacceptable and doesn't make sense.
the minimum is to take the surname of Solo, as proof of love, recognition and acceptance and other things Mad
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Tue 3 Dec - 12:59

I'm loving how these leaks are never expanding on leaked images that are more up to date and official.

Planned leaks vs ones which were actually not planned...perhaps?

EDIT - my bad...yes they did Embarassed


Just saw this on reddit, lol:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Screen80
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3142
Likes : 12471
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 3 Dec - 13:15

“There are people that are never going to fuckin’ like it and there’s no other way around it,” she says. “But I think people are going to feel like this was made with a lot of love and JJ worked really hard to tie up nine films. It’s impossible to make everyone happy.”

— Daisy Ridley for British GQ

Spoiler:
what she says is true about pleasing everyone, it is impossible. now if the leaks are true: if you know that there is a big chunk of fans and a country like China-Japan that loves Reylo and you slam it in the face that Ben dies etc and you will never see again, you will have great consequences.
If the leaks are true no one will believe that JJ loves star wars, they say he disintegrated it forever.
and I repeat there is a crossroads, one road says beautiful things, the other says bad things ....

I'm trying to put the pieces together, thinking about what I want to believe. Ben lives and will be seen in the final, he and rey will stay on Tatooine, end.
The anti reylo fans will not be happy. I believe that Daisy refers to this. but this is just my opinion of a good Reylo fan - not a bittersweet ending Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1001
Likes : 4325
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 3 Dec - 13:21

Ugh. Someone needs to watch this dang film already Neutral
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2111
Likes : 10454
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 3 Dec - 13:26

@Gemini wrote:I'm loving how these leaks are never expanding on leaked images that are more up to date and official.

Planned leaks vs ones which were actually not planned...perhaps?

EDIT - my bad...yes they did Embarassed


Just saw this on reddit, lol:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Screen80
@Gemini

We both think it's hilarious/lol, but you know there are some here that are going to start getting nervous again.

You're sassy wicked Gemini! Very Happy Smile lol

JW's recent leaks are dumb...there are elements that have promise..but Ben's ending is not going to be "worse" than Anakin's.  Give me a break.  One he is not dying, yet if he does - he's not, just humorously considering the if - he's not "never to be seen again."  He would have a proper burial.  

Isn't the clone obsession because of the original EU, which is now Legends?  They were heavily in the plot?  George Lucas was meh for the most part about the EU/Legends, which tells me that clones are not going to be this OMG plot point in TRoS.  (especially if the rumors are true that GL contributed to TRoS).

@rey09  Indeed! And DLF is not about being sadistic! Very Happy  

Also, we have the recent Frozen 2 'credible' leak versus how the movie actually ended example.  Have hope, remain positive!


Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 3 Dec - 13:57; edited 1 time in total
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1453
Likes : 4361
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-24
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Tue 3 Dec - 13:37

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yes sorry it wasn't to make folks worried!

It was mainly just hilarious to me. I don't think its going the same way. JJ is far more competent than D&D.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3142
Likes : 12471
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Tue 3 Dec - 13:43

@Teo oswald wrote:“There are people that are never going to fuckin’ like it and there’s no other way around it,” she says. “But I think people are going to feel like this was made with a lot of love and JJ worked really hard to tie up nine films. It’s impossible to make everyone happy.”

— Daisy Ridley for British GQ

Spoiler:
what she says is true about pleasing everyone, it is impossible. now if the leaks are true: if you know that there is a big chunk of fans and a country like China-Japan that loves Reylo and you slam it in the face that Ben dies etc and you will never see again, you will have great consequences.
If the leaks are true no one will believe that JJ loves star wars, they say he disintegrated it forever.
and I repeat there is a crossroads, one road says beautiful things, the other says bad things ....

I'm trying to put the pieces together, thinking about what I want to believe. Ben lives and will be seen in the final, he and rey will stay on Tatooine, end.
The anti reylo fans will not be happy. I believe that Daisy refers to this. but this is just my opinion of a good Reylo fan - not a bittersweet ending Smile
@Teo oswald

While I understand that the Reylo fandom is huge, there's a lot of people out there that want him to die, that expect it, even if he got redeemed. That's my main fear, that they will take the easy way. His death was always on the table, we knew it.

Anyway, these days I'm feeling positive. I don't know if it's the amount of Kylo's positive things being published, but I feel we will have a nice surprise.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 801
Likes : 3601
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 3 Dec - 13:44

I think JW's leaks are wrong.. key pieces are going to be wrong and I don't have the slightest clue why HE believes he is right or whomever his leakers are

@gemini has for YEARS said there is another saber to be seen in the ST... and here one is.. but Leia's...? I don't think so unless Leia inherited one from a certain Jedi Master who shall not be named here.. which would make sense...

I have worked with mythology and tarot to uncover some of the symbology... that is used ... and I don't buy Ben dying permanently and have always been on board for resurrection.. that is what RISE means.. not just to wake up. Rey already WOKE up in EP7...

RISE means to rise from the DEAD... to RISE from darkness.. like the sun


JW's newest leaks are obscuring his Rey Palpatine leaks... why does Palpy want to kill his own granddaughter.. ? This healing power.. the waters of life that i have been talking about in the Tarot thread for MONTHS..

So much I could tackle in his HOT TAKES but I won't...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3740
Likes : 8961
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum