Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 6:01 pm

Let's also keep in mind Project Luminous.

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power.
It’s an energy field created by all living things….
Until…
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by OrionStars on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 6:10 pm

@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora @AcrosstheStars There was one leak, when a person replied in comments to obviously fake leak, that in the end of the movie Ben is cut off the Force. Looked like person was angry about fake leak, wrote something like this "The movie ends with Ben Solo cut off the Force forever, here is the leak for you, enjoy", and deleted their account in 30 minutes.

Ben Solo closing his arc as everyman like his father is something that I always wanted and something I was sure they will do.
@special_cases

I'm not against that scenario but I think Kylo's force power is the unique characteristic that makes him different from non-force sensitive male characters like Finn and Poe. They can make plenty of comic series about Kylo discovering the force and communicating with the force-sensitive people around the galaxy if he survives but they can't do it with Finn and Poe. Taking Kylo's force power is no different than taking Elsa's ice power, and Disney makes money from these two antagonists' magical ability and inner struggle.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 6:22 pm

I just can’t get over how bad some of this is. When I first read these spoilers back in September I admit I scoffed and dismissed it as made up trash, but I was willing to wait for the trailers to see what was what. How can you miscalculate the end of this saga this badly? You wipe out all the Skywalkers, make their achievements meaningless, retcon Rey’s parentage, the whole Rey and Kylo buildup was for nothing. No Anakin. I cannot overstate how bad this is for the entire saga. One long constant tragedy about a complete failure of a family with their tormentor, Palpatine, essentially the winner in all this. You undid the happy ending of ROTJ for this?!?

The ship bait backlash is gonna be soooooo bad too.

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 6:27 pm

@OrionStars Of course it makes him unique, but in-story narrative seems that Ben didn't even have a opportunity to discover who he is without the Force defining him. Everything bad that happened to him was somehow connected to his Force abilities, almost like it was a curse. Well, I don't believe that they will ever play it out like the Force itself can be a curse or poison someone to the point that you need to remove it - because the Force itself just can't be something "bad". But perhaps Ben will go through transformation, when he gives his Force to Rey, and then he returns but without being Force sensitive. Perhaps something unexpected will happen to the Force after Ben's sacrifice and Palpatine destroying himself, on bigger scale that could affect the Galaxy.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 6:47 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Mila95 wrote:Honestly if all these leaks are spot on then I'll never believe they had a real plan like I previously thought and imo JJ did retcon TLJ as much as possible without being offensive about it. Like whatever they wanna say about Rey's parantage being open the message was that a No One can be the main hero, you don't need to be part of some force sensitive dynasty to be strong in the force, Rey needs to stop letting her longing for parents hold her down and Rian said he wanted to have her face her worst fear that her fantasy of parents who had a noble reason to leave and who loved her was a lie she told herself. According to the leaks most of Rey's story revolves around who she's related to yet again meaning so much for letting go at the end of TLJ, her grandfather is the most powerful sith lord ever so she's from a force powerful dynasty and there goes that powerful message of not needing that, her parents loved her and tragically died so in TLJ she faced an irrelevant fear that meant nothing. Rian killed off the emperor inspired big bad Snoke in a ROTJ inspired scene which should have logically meant that's out for TROS. JJ brings back Palpatine to do a ROTJ final battle rehash.I feel like it's a real waste of potential for something new that was left by TLJ.
@Mila95

Yup. Rian wrote TLJ in such a way that it was actually pretty hard for IX to be a ROTJ rehash. And yet here we are. I would have loved to have seen his version of IX, I’m certain he wouldn’t have brought Palpatine back (although I guess if he was still going ahead with Kylo being redeemed, he kind of wrote himself into a corner. Hux as a big bad = LOL no).

@Kylo Rey

I agree with you both. I really liked the TLJ because the movie brought something different, it was new, fresh, interesting and creative. It played with our expectations and I believe it was the reason why some people disliked it in the first time, nobody likes to feel they were wrong. But, at the same time, TLJ made the path really hard for its successor. My main complain with this saga is that the plot doesn't feel cohesive; if, at least, they had some primal - set in stone - backbone that they should have to follow. Since they let Rian kill Snoke I presumed they had a plan B. But I didn't know the plan B would be rehash ROTJ. I wish I'm wrong.

@californiagirl wrote:Mostly the leaks sound like 4 movies at the same time, and the leakers don't know which parts are real.
@californiagirl

Totally! That's the main reason I didn't believe the leaks when I first read them, they looked crazy.

@Kylo Rey wrote:I just can’t get over how bad some of this is. When I first read these spoilers back in September I admit I scoffed and dismissed it as made up trash, but I was willing to wait for the trailers to see what was what. How can you miscalculate the end of this saga this badly? You wipe out all the Skywalkers, make their achieverments meaningless, retcon Rey’s parentage, the whole Rey and Kylo buildup was for nothing. No Anakin. I cannot overstate how bad this is for the entire saga. One long constant tragedy about a complete failure of a family with their tormentor, Palpatine, essentially the winner in all this. You undid the happy ending of ROTJ for this?!?

The ship bait backlash is gonna be soooooo bad too.
@Kylo Rey

I know. The title should be The Rise of Palpatine.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:02 pm

This sums it up perfectly. This purported ending will be too depressing for the GA. Christmas family movie as well.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 83265a10
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm

@OrionStars wrote:
@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora @AcrosstheStars There was one leak, when a person replied in comments to obviously fake leak, that in the end of the movie Ben is cut off the Force. Looked like person was angry about fake leak, wrote something like this "The movie ends with Ben Solo cut off the Force forever, here is the leak for you, enjoy", and deleted their account in 30 minutes.

Ben Solo closing his arc as everyman like his father is something that I always wanted and something I was sure they will do.
@special_cases

I'm not against that scenario but I think Kylo's force power is the unique characteristic that makes him different from non-force sensitive male characters like Finn and Poe. They can make plenty of comic series about Kylo discovering the force and communicating with the force-sensitive people around the galaxy if he survives but they can't do it with Finn and Poe. Taking Kylo's force power is no different than taking Elsa's ice power, and Disney makes money from these two antagonists' magical ability and inner struggle.
@OrionStars

I feel like it's important to be realistic about the character that Kylo is though within the confines of storytelling. He's done some messed up things, though they may be excusable. This last film will endear him to the audience who isn't already won over, probably to the extent that they're even going to want him alive, but for him to get out of this with *everything* - the girl, his powers, his life, etc. - isn't realistic. Having him live, hopeful about a future with Rey, but without being able to to access the force in the formidable way he is used to seems like the fairest trade I can possibly imagine (and makes sense in the tale).

And besides, you think there wouldn't be a market for post-TRoS material that's basically just Ben Solo trying to figure out how to tie his own shoes without the force (for example)? Because I would buy the hell out of that!

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by toolonelytosleep on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:44 pm

The tragic romantic within me likes the idea of Kylo giving his life to save Rey, and his last act being one of compassion and love. But, of course, I'd strongly prefer Kylo surviving, especially since he's young and no Vader (and it'd be a waste of his character).

I've said before how I dislike stories where the man pines in unrequited love for a woman who cares for him, yet doesn't reciprocate romantic feelings. I don't think it will be unrequited between Kylo and Rey, but after reading the recent spoilers, I wonder if they'll really go with the typical 'man does everything dramatic—including giving his own life—to prove his love for a woman whose feelings are left ambiguous/unsaid' route.

If we get ambiguous/unresolved Reylo and Kylo is dead... Well, it'll be hard to not feel disappointed. The one positive thing I can say: if the leaks are true, Kylo is redeemed through heroism and selflessness. Even though, yes, I'm tired of the Redemption Equals Death trope too. The aftermath of atonement is just as interesting, yet so many writers are afraid or hesitant to take it in that direction.
toolonelytosleep
toolonelytosleep
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:44 pm

@special_cases wrote:@OrionStars Of course it makes him unique, but in-story narrative seems that Ben didn't even have a opportunity to discover who he is without the Force defining him. Everything bad that happened to him was somehow connected to his Force abilities, almost like it was a curse. Well, I don't believe that they will ever play it out like the Force itself can be a curse or poison someone to the point that you need to remove it - because the Force itself just can't be something "bad". But perhaps Ben will go through transformation, when he gives his Force to Rey, and then he returns but without being Force sensitive. Perhaps something unexpected will happen to the Force after Ben's sacrifice and Palpatine destroying himself, on bigger scale that could affect the Galaxy.
@special_cases

I agree. I think it's a funny coincidence that Elsa in Frozen 2 had a similar journey to Kylo in TROS leak, including

Frozen 2 spoilers:
...making amends for the sin of grandfather, getting temporary death, losing her magical ability which resulted in the "death" of her minions such as Olaf. Elsa miraculously came back to aid the original protagonist (Anna) at the final battle thanks to the help of "the force" of Frozen universe and she also regained her ice power. But she willingly gave up her queen's status and the mortal kingdom..

...because Disney need to make money and they want Elsa as a protagonist for "into the unknown region of the magical kingdom" adventure. In conclusion, Elsa did "rise" from her lowest point. The best scenario is we end up like Frozen fandom and Kylo fans get "Elsa ending", the worst scenario is Star Wars fandom goes down in flames like GOT fandom and Daisy Ridley's career gets destroyed under the fugly tsunami of backlashes like what happened to Hayden Christensen and Jake Lloyd.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 7:58 pm

@toolonelytosleep wrote:The tragic romantic within me likes the idea of Kylo giving his life to save Rey, and his last act being one of compassion and love. But, of course, I'd strongly prefer Kylo surviving, especially since he's young and no Vader (and it'd be a waste of his character).

I've said before how I dislike stories where the man pines in unrequited love for a woman who cares for him, yet doesn't reciprocate romantic feelings. I don't think it will be unrequited between Kylo and Rey, but after reading the recent spoilers, I wonder if they'll really go with the typical 'man does everything dramatic—including giving his own life—to prove his love for a woman whose feelings are left ambiguous/unsaid' route.

If we get ambiguous/unresolved Reylo and Kylo is dead... Well, it'll be hard to not feel disappointed. The one positive thing I can say: if the leaks are true, Kylo is redeemed through heroism and selflessness. Even though, yes, I'm tired of the Redemption Equals Death trope too. The aftermath of atonement is just as interesting, yet so many writers are afraid or hesitant to take it in that direction.
@toolonelytosleep

Yup, agreed. Just plays into the Strong Female Character who needs no man trope. The most tragic possible route though, is that their love is requited... but that Kylo dies anyway.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 8:17 pm

FinnPoe found dead in LA. I mean, I think we all knew that, but the actors/marketing didn't have to tease that for 4 years, and two weeks before release go, actually nope. Oscar again frames it as people being afraid, rather than, you know, that wasn't how the characters were written, they spent most of TLJ apart, and it would be painfully shoehorned at this point, and also screw over Rose.

JJ is indicating another character will be LGBT though? Maybe Jannah? Or it could be some tiny bit part like LeFou in the live action BATB.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/star-wars-finn-poe-not-boyfriends-lgbtq-representation-1203423286/

Also, the review embargo is noon on the 18th. Other SW films and Endgame had similar late embargoes. https://www.hbbreviews.com/post/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-review-embargo-officially-dated
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 8:32 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@toolonelytosleep wrote:The tragic romantic within me likes the idea of Kylo giving his life to save Rey, and his last act being one of compassion and love. But, of course, I'd strongly prefer Kylo surviving, especially since he's young and no Vader (and it'd be a waste of his character).

@toolonelytosleep

Yup, agreed. Just plays into the Strong Female Character who needs no man trope. The most tragic possible route though, is that their love is requited... but that Kylo dies anyway.
@Kylo Rey

I am so completely and utterly over Hollywood’s obsession with strong female = single female. It drives me nuts. Romantic love or wanting it does not make a person weak, male or female. I feel like it’s an over correction in response to an abundance of stories just looking at women from the POV of their connection to a man. Yes, it’s good to tell different stories. No, choosing to be single is not a bad thing. I’m single and I don’t dislike myself for that choice.  Laughing But romance isn’t a bad thing either. As someone who likes the big sweeping, angsty love stories (Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books, Gone with the Wind a favorite film, etc.), this attitude in modern filmmaking depresses me. It’s not Reylo, but Vanity Fair apparently has JJ quoted as saying Finn & Poe’s relationship is “deeper and more meaningful” than a romantic connection. I thought that potential pairing was shot down a long time ago, so that’s neither here nor there to me beyond hoping this bodes well for Rose & Finn (I adore her), but yet again with the idea that romantic relationships are somehow “less than.” Bleh. Neutral

@californiagirl I think it was MSW who said two unnamed female Resistance members kiss in a background shot after they’ve won.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 8:36 pm

@AcrosstheStars I did think the JJ quote was a bit odd, considering how often JJ does romance and paried off couples. In context though, it seemed he was saying that to be more respectful to the people who are upset at getting a ship taken out. It sounds like he's trying to comfort a particular fanbase, was how I saw it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 8:38 pm

Well, they still haven’t completely shut down Reylo (especially JJ), which tells me it is happening in some capacity in the movie at the very least, just a question as to what extent.

Also, this makes the erasure of Kelly and FinnRose even more ridiculous, as John and Oscar kept playing up FinnPoe (and that Resistance Reborn book) only for it to end up being pointless anyway. We all knew it wasn’t gonna happen, but to string along shippers (for years) and then put the kibosh on it just a few weeks from release is pathetic. They could have nipped this in the bud ages ago. Classic baiting.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 8:43 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:

@special_cases

@OrionStars

I feel like it's important to be realistic about the character that Kylo is though within the confines of storytelling. He's done some messed up things, though they may be excusable. This last film will endear him to the audience who isn't already won over, probably to the extent that they're even going to want him alive, but for him to get out of this with *everything* - the girl, his powers, his life, etc. - isn't realistic. Having him live, hopeful about a future with Rey, but without being able to to access the force in the formidable way he is used to seems like the fairest trade I can possibly imagine (and makes sense in the tale).

And besides, you think there wouldn't be a market for post-TRoS material that's basically just Ben Solo trying to figure out how to tie his own shoes without the force (for example)? Because I would buy the hell out of that!
@nickandnora

I believe the beauty of Reylo is the love story of two force-sensitive people who can bring balance to each other even though they're from opposite sides. Even Anidala and HanLeia didn't have that trait. Stripping Kylo's force-power off permanently could be an understandable punishment for the present, but it doesn't do any favors for the greater good. Storywise, turning Kylo into an impotent underdog who wouldn't be able to understand and satisfy his force-sensitive wife Rey anymore would lead to plenty of bad outcomes in the future, they would end up like HanLeia and we all know one of the reasons that caused HanLeia's tragedy was because Han wasn't force-sensitive so he couldn't understand his own son and his family-in-law.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 8:55 pm

@OrionStars wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@OrionStars wrote:

@special_cases

@OrionStars

@nickandnora

I believe the beauty of Reylo is the love story of two force-sensitive people who can bring balance to each other even though they're from opposite sides. Even Anidala and HanLeia didn't have that trait. Stripping Kylo's force-power off permanently could be an understandable punishment for the present, but it doesn't do any favors for the greater good. Storywise, turning Kylo into an impotent underdog who wouldn't be able to understand and satisfy his force-sensitive wife Rey anymore would lead to plenty of bad outcomes in the future, they would end up like HanLeia and we all know one of the reasons that caused HanLeia's tragedy was because Han wasn't force-sensitive so he couldn't understand his own son and his family-in-law.
@OrionStars

It might though, we don't know for sure. I think what we DO know is actually hinting towards it (ie. I think this Palpatine encounter is actually what might balance the force, overall).

As for the potential imbalance between Rey and Kylo: that's one reason why I said that I'm a large portion convinced that Rey loses her powers too. With Kylo I'm like 98% sure (yes, that high) and with Rey it fluctuates from 50% to 75% depending on the day and what information I'm reading.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 9:04 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@AcrosstheStars I did think the JJ quote was a bit odd, considering how often JJ does romance and paried off couples. In context though, it seemed he was saying that to be more respectful to the people who are upset at getting a ship taken out. It sounds like he's trying to comfort a particular fanbase, was how I saw it.
@californiagirl

That is what I am banking on, that it’s his way of trying to soften the blow. Otherwise it just boggles the mind.

@Kylo Rey wrote:Well, they still haven’t completely shut down Reylo (especially JJ), which tells me it is happening in some capacity in the movie at the very least, just a question as to what extent.

Also, this makes the erasure of Kelly and FinnRose even more ridiculous, as John and Oscar kept playing up FinnPoe (and that Resistance Reborn book) only for it to end up being pointless anyway. We all knew it wasn’t gonna happen, but to string along shippers (for years) and then put the kibosh on it just a few weeks from release is pathetic. They could have nipped this in the bud ages ago. Classic baiting.
@Kylo Rey

Reylo and Finnrose are both spared so far from the rip-the-bandaid off “It’s not in the film” warning. And like you— I. Don’t. Get. It. Re: Finnrose if they end up together. Why the heck did they have that novel pushing Finn & Poe, and Oscar and John talking it up, while virtually ignoring Rose, if he would end up with Rose anyway? Was it just trying to money grab from all fanbases while they can on Disney’s part, and the actors wishcasting? It’s just weird to me.

I know some people have specced Finn ends up with Jannah, but does one guy really need three different women in three films (I include Rey on his part— but not hers— from TFA, with the boyfriend question)? That’s overkill. I know it’s a space opera, but this is Star Wars, not Days of Our Lives. So I can’t see him with Jannah either. It’s Rose or bust. The utter lack of Finnrose promotion worries me it might be the latter. I hate seeing Rose shuttled away in the promo like she’s nothing. I love her, and Kelly is just the best.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 9:18 pm

@nickandnora

The way LF is vague about Project Luminous, and they will not reveal details until January indicates to me that whatever happens in TRoS, the Force (perhaps the concept of the Jedi, etc) will change in a major way!

Therefore, your theory does not completely surprise/shock me. Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 9:32 pm

@OrionStars I dig @nickandnora theory about both Rey and Kylo losing the Force "powers" in the end. Surely, it's kind of hard to imagine how it will be played out literally on the screen and it's fair to call it strange business wise decision for future stories but... there is something about this Project Luminous and the way Palpy's end is framed that got me thinking about what will happen to the Force in the end of TROS. Possibilities are endless but how intriguing it will be if the Force sensitivity, for example, ends after both Palpatine and last Skywalker dies, if the Force ressurects Ben and then just returns to be "an energy that binds everything together" and nobody can use it actually. Intriguing because any changes with the Force will open possibilities to other types of the stories where these "changes" and "return of the Force" can be explored but centuries after Skywalkers and Palpatine.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 9:32 pm

Dark Rey:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 76f6fab99dcda89827611aa984e35430a470d0d5

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1202071276807954433/pu/vid/640x360/ol4YR44uk67Fl99O.mp4

Rey has the dagger before going to DS.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 60ea4b8efde3d74ae32dc3f535df7e0c4a05ac00

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 1000011

This looks like a... map?

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:09 pm

@AcrosstheStars wrote:It’s not Reylo, but Vanity Fair apparently has JJ quoted as saying Finn & Poe’s relationship is “deeper and more meaningful” than a romantic connection.
@AcrosstheStars

Yeah, sure, that's totally the reason why romantic Finn and Poe is not happening, it's because the filmmakers wanted their relationship to be more meaningful Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:12 pm

High-def version.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202074628652437504

We've known about the sith dagger for a while, and seen it in a couple shots, but this our first good close up of it. This is the McGuffin that's supposedly controversial, yes?

The editing leads the viewer to think dark!Rey is fighting Kylo. So the question is if that is in fact the case, and also what the nature of dark!Rey is. If they're willing to show this much in promotional material, imagine what else they're hiding!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:20 pm

If I read from any man this sh*t take that any kind of of relationship is deeper and more meaningful than romance one more time...

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 15 Giphy

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:30 pm

@special_cases wrote:Possibilities are endless but how intriguing it will be if the Force sensitivity, for example, ends after both Palpatine and last Skywalker dies, if the Force ressurects Ben and then just returns to be "an energy that binds everything together" and nobody can use it actually.
@special_cases
The thing is... without The Force/space wizards, Star Wars is just a generic sci-fi universe that's not even got as much going on as Star Trek (which has telepaths, god-like aliens, transporters, time travel, mirror universes, etc).

The Force is what makes Star Wars, Star Wars.

Which is why I could see Ben and Rey brought down to "normal" Jedi levels (perhaps with the Force Skype still intact) after dealing with Palpatine, but not removing The Force from them (or the people they might train so that future non-saga movies can have Jedi in them) entirely.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:33 pm

@nickandnora
@special_cases
I see. I'm open to any scenarios except Ben dying at a young age as a depressed goth virgin, ehehehe.  But personally, I don't think Disney would ever consider making Rey powerless because she's the famous Jedi icon for little girls of this generation. I hate to admit this but I think Disney is a really cold-blooded machine. Everything they do is associated with their benefit. They let Elsa become a powerful ice goddess without family beside her because they want to milk her forever while a less valuable character like Anna can get old and be gone, and Elsa fans accept the deal because at least Elsa is still alive. It seems like "Rey Skywalker" will suffer the same fate because Disney don't care about Rey's sake and the meaning of her arc, they just want to have more kids who will bear that valuable last name so one day there will be a couple of Skywalker kids show up in the future SW films, and even if Kylo survives and Reylo get married, his kids still have to take "Skywalker" as their middle name somehow so the Skywalker name remains for eternity in SW universe. Besides, I think the biggest reason for Disney to spare Kylo's life is because he's the most valuable male cash cow of the sequel trilogy right now, and force-sensitive Kylo is capable of doing more incredible stuff and gains more profit for Disney than non-force-sensitive Kylo and other non-force-sensitive characters in general.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum