Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais on Tue 3 Dec - 21:42

@californiagirl wrote:High-def version.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202074628652437504

We've known about the sith dagger for a while, and seen it in a couple shots, but this our first good close up of it. This is the McGuffin that's supposedly controversial, yes?

The editing leads the viewer to think dark!Rey is fighting Kylo. So the question is if that is in fact the case, and also what the nature of dark!Rey is. If they're willing to show this much in promotional material, imagine what else they're hiding!
@californiagirl

This sith dagger looks like a map or compass.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ZioRen on Tue 3 Dec - 21:46

I'm gonna say it: That dagger looks so silly.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 3 Dec - 21:54

@Chris24601 wrote:
@special_cases wrote:Possibilities are endless but how intriguing it will be if the Force sensitivity, for example, ends after both Palpatine and last Skywalker dies, if the Force ressurects Ben and then just returns to be "an energy that binds everything together" and nobody can use it actually.
@special_cases
The thing is... without The Force/space wizards, Star Wars is just a generic sci-fi universe that's not even got as much going on as Star Trek (which has telepaths, god-like aliens, transporters, time travel, mirror universes, etc).

The Force is what makes Star Wars, Star Wars.

Which is why I could see Ben and Rey brought down to "normal" Jedi levels (perhaps with the Force Skype still intact) after dealing with Palpatine, but not removing The Force from them (or the people they might train so that future non-saga movies can have Jedi in them) entirely.
@Chris24601

I guess you know that I understand it? That the Force is essential element for Star Wars? That's why I specified that it's fair to acknowledge this idea can be strange from business POV. But I also think that the anticipation for the next big project will be pure hype through the roof if Skywalkers Saga ends in this way. It's great way to close Saga but also create questions. "Closing the Force" in Skywalker Saga doesn't mean you can't reopen it with new Saga, with characters that disconnected from Skywalkers/Jedi/Sith. For those who are obsessed with Jedi/Sith there could be stories from era when Jedi and Sith were created, for example. For those who doesn't care, it can be something new.

I'm sure that LFL is fully aware that new characters didn't become iconic or extremely popular. Even Rey and Kylo who are the most popular from them. They are not going to look for BO bank or merch billions with these characters. Then they are not obligated to stick to them for mapping stories that will bring real value to the brand and that means that they are not limited by Skywalkers era and First Order era. This is not about comics or books because they bring pennies for them. It's about next big projects and how you can create intriguing questions for moving forward but at the same time closing Saga.

@OrionStars To be honest, I agree mostly with your POV, but the difference is that I don't think that ST characters are that popular and valuable as Frozen characters. Frozen had phenomenonal success among kids and it was fresh story without history and boundaries like all these lore rules in Star Wars and expectations and limitness of Skywalkers story. I doubt that Rey and Kylo are that popular among kids. I think LFL can try to build something absolutely new on the base of Stat Wars world and find a way to break from rules established by Lucas. Especially dichotomy Jedi/Sith, even the light side and the dark side. Doesn't mean that they will threw it away and forget about these elements but just try to make it less binded by Lucas' rules.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 3 Dec - 23:58

Does this belong in here also?
https://twitter.com/RichardEGrant/status/1202114990209032192?s=20

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Screen85

Doesnt quite match the expressions of the cast the other day lol:

Shocked Neutral pale Surprised Nope Confus Euh
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 4 Dec - 0:50

@ZioRen wrote:I'm gonna say it: That dagger looks so silly.
@ZioRen
How dare you - Reys parents were murdered with it! Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 4 Dec - 1:44

the dagger looks like a compass
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 4 Dec - 2:01

@special_cases

Yeah. It's true, but the characters who can't become extremely famous and have low sales merch are those who couldn't use the force. I believe the absurd idea of Rey self-adopted Skywalker couldn't exist in the first place if they didn't value the fact that the Skywalker is an extremely famous force-sensitive family. When it comes to Star Wars, everything goes down to the core theme of force-sensitive or non-force-sensitive. The force-sensitive characters always gain more attention than those who aren't force-sensitive. In fairness, spending over 600 millions dollar for one film trilogy but only have 2  valuable characters out of a bunch of new characters they had created isn't a fair trade but it's better than nothing. They've gained passionate fans like us, and the new fangirls who love Kylo and his oily tiddies. Kylo merch and comic get sold out is more meaningful to them than what we thought since SW is struggling to compete with Marvel in oversea markets and Asian markets aren't fond of SW because they have had a ton of TV series that had something similar to the force, the Jedi and the glowing sword for the past 30 years but Kylo is an exception because he's a cute, vanilla version of the angsty bad bois who rule Asian's film and literature.
I think they don't really need to take force power away from Kylo and Rey in order to break free from the Skywalker's rule but I'm okay with non-force-sensitive Kylo if they let him survive because "half-naked laborer!Kylo  who has to raise 10 kids with farmer!Rey"  is my favorite Reylo AU.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Wed 4 Dec - 2:20

@OrionStars I think they can secure Rey Skywalker as future opportunity if there is interest in 10-20 years but they need to establish something new during this period. I agree with everything else except it's possible to create popular iconic character without Force sensitivity. Han Solo was always more popular than Luke Skywalker in my country (from Eastern Europe), my older relatives who have never watched SW knew Han Solo and Vader of course but couldn't remember Luke just out of head. Maybe Luke is super popular in US but I doubt that majority people will call Luke more iconic than Han Solo anywhere.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 4 Dec - 2:40

@ZioRen wrote:I'm gonna say it: That dagger looks so silly.
@ZioRen

I think it was on reddit that I saw someone make the comparison to the Green Ranger’s dagger from Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers, circa 1994. IA, except that looked nicer. Laughing
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 4 Dec - 2:46

@Gemini wrote:Does this belong in here also?
https://twitter.com/RichardEGrant/status/1202114990209032192?s=20

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Screen85

Doesnt quite match the expressions of the cast the other day lol:

Shocked Neutral pale Surprised Nope Confus Euh
@Gemini

No matter what... seriously how can you not love REG?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Wed 4 Dec - 3:53

@spacebaby45678
@Gemini
I saw the tweet this morning and the video . I recommend everyone see it . His reaction made me well up with emotion. It’s genuine, emotional and sounds like it’s straight from the heart - he’s been a fan from the beginning . I love you
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 3:56

@AhsokaTano

I am also seriously wondering what his role is LOL
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 4 Dec - 4:04

Regarding the ending told by the Leaks...

I think that the fact that Kylo gives his FORCE - LIFE  to Rey represents the union of male and female. Platonic man, for example, was born of the division of ONE. Also the Yin a Yang are two opposites that rotate TOGETHER around a nucleus. In rotating around the void - they create the universe.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Androg10

But that's not all, in the esoteric version of alchemy there is a treatise that I love a lot because I wanted to inspire my Fan FIc on this theory. This is a fairly complex alchemical treatise and I still have to go into many aspects. But there's something I can't forget.

There are metaphors. Remembering that alchemy is based on three layers. The nigredo (or putrefaction - which corresponds to death), the albedo (which corresponds to dawn and rebirth) and finally the rubedo (which corresponds to the sunset but is also the adult age - completion of the work) is in this last phase that is obtained the alchemic stone.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Downlo12

The fact is that in order to pass through the various layers, the elements must be transformed, and this happens with death and rebirth.

In the first phase the material is raw-dead, but corresponds to the man and woman who begin the alchemical process. In Star Wars are the years of Vader and the spiritual death of Ben. His passage to the dark side.

But through the woman, the elements that correspond to the masculine and the feminine are mixed. We have the first transformation. But it is only the beginning of transfomation this phase corresponds to the albedo. For Star Wars it corresponds to the moment when Rey and Ben - have sex symbolically with the hand scene. The woman leaves to complete the work, but Ben is not ready.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Downlo10

The last phase is Rubedo. In this phase, man dominates. Man finds the spirit of the divine and can now complete the transformation of both. The two male and female elements are mating but now they are both ready. And from their union we obtain the philosopher's stone. The principle of everything but also the point of arrival of creation. In esotericism of Christian inspiration, Jesus is born who sacrifices himself to save man.

Rubedo definition:
The main effect of sublimation of the matter of the Opera during the Rubedo is the final reunification of opposites. What was separate for contingent reasons, now back to being united. During this phase we are witnessing the reunification of spirit and matter, of male and female, of Sun and Moon. And it is no coincidence that the color of this operation is red, a color that is halfway between black and white, between light and darkness.

Finally, the completion of Rubedo marks the realization of the Philosopher's Stone, a substance able to confer immortality, to acquire omniscience and to transmute base metals into gold.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Rebis10

If I transpose the STAR WARS world, Ben donates the Force (his male divine spark) to Rey. Rey is the sacred feminine, which, being female, can welcome and create. Rey also has her Force - divine spark.

Combining the masculine and feminine Force they give life to the philosopher's stone of STAR WARS. The androgyne is contained within Rey. Rey becomes both BEN and REY. Together. The Force is reunited.

Look Holocron SW

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Downlo11

The blue Holocron seems Platonic Solid look here

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Polire10

For those unfamiliar with the topic All polygons can be contained within the last icosahedron. But in summary all can be contained within a circle.
But note well. If the icosahedron is blue and represents the fifth element of the alchemy (the fifth element is the philosopher's stone). The first polygon the tetraedo (has a pyramidal shape right?).
In alchemy the triangle corresponds to the masculine and to the fire.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Stock-10

But something has to come ... so I expect that Ben and Rey have sex before the end and Rey stays alive but pregnant. In this case unfortunately the speculations could be true for which Rey calls himself Skywalker and becomes Anakin's mother ... (without necessarily having to tell everyone, only those like us will understand ...)

Or 2 final option together, they join the Force and Rey, which at this point is the complete god, becomes the One - a unique god and no longer divided into two sides - and can either destroy Palpatine or resurrect Ben.

If it were to take this turn it would make sense that Rey resurrects Ben as a man and maybe (she) even loses the Force in the process. So they will go to the galaxy together and free from the bond that ultimately cost all generations before them.

If they were to follow a logic linked to the gnostic - esoteric myth, this could be the ending.

In essence, I can't find a logical sense in Ben's perennial death. I see no satisfaction in leaving Rey alone at the end. I don't see any happy ending even if Ben appears as a spirit at the end.

The only positive message they can give to children is whether Ben is raised because he makes the right choice and he is forgiven.

Doing the right thing and forgiving are feelings that are very close to the sensitivity of children.

A strong single female, a man who dies even as a hero, but leaves a bad taste in his mouth. They don't give satisfaction. Children want to identify with heroes.

Girls dream love not living alone because their love is dead.

Childrens dream of being imperfect heroes. Imperfect, but strong and happy. At 11-13 years old they have their first loves. What satisfaction would children have of seeing the male hero die and leave his girlfriend alone?

My son would hate it! Already after he saw TFA and TLJ he said that SW sucks. And do you know why he hates SW? Because he says: "Kylo Ren is strong but he is unlucky because he can't get the girl he loves. And Rey is strong but I don't care."

Disney. do you want our money?

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 4:35

@Atenais wrote:

We've known about the sith dagger for a while, and seen it in a couple shots, but this our first good close up of it. This is the McGuffin that's supposedly controversial, yes?

The editing leads the viewer to think dark!Rey is fighting Kylo. So the question is if that is in fact the case, and also what the nature of dark!Rey is. If they're willing to show this much in promotional material, imagine what else they're hiding!
@californiagirl

@Atenais

Is it pointing at Kylo? Something Kylo has? She thinks she needs to stabby stab him though? Rather than realising he may have something on his person.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 5:05

So this dagger appears to be something which is like a compas and points rey to an object (key to defeating palpatine) supposedly on the death star? Supposedly in kylos room/vaders things?..supposedly on kylo? Is it the saber he has? Probably likely because that's what we know is the key to defeat palpatine thanks to leaked images and rumours.

If that was leias saber, wouldn't it just point her to Luke's hut on ach to?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 4 Dec - 5:07

@Gemini wrote:So this dagger appears to be something which is like a compas and points rey to an object (key to defeating palpatine) supposedly on the death star? Supposedly in kylos room/vaders things?..supposedly on kylo? Is it the saber he has? Probably likely because that's what we know is the key to defeat palpatine thanks to leaked images and rumours.

If that was leias saber, wouldn't it just point her to Luke's hut on ach to?
@Gemini
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 9k=
A sextant is a doubly reflecting navigation instrument that measures the angular distance between two visible objects. The primary use of a sextant is to measure the angle between an astronomical object and the horizon for the purposes of celestial navigation. The estimation of this angle, the altitude, is known as sighting or shooting the object, or taking a sight. The angle, and the time when it was measured, can be used to calculate a position line on a nautical or aeronautical chart—for example, sighting the Sun at noon or Polaris at night (in the Northern Hemisphere) to estimate latitude. Sighting the height of a landmark can give a measure of distance off and, held horizontally, a sextant can measure angles between objects for a position on a chart.[1]
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 4 Dec - 5:16

@giaciak2 Chef's kiss  cheers
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Tenor13
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Empty Spoilers and rumors

Post by rey09 on Wed 4 Dec - 5:17

@Gemini wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@californiagirl

@Atenais

Is it pointing at Kylo? Something Kylo has? She thinks she needs to stabby stab him though? Rather than realising he may have something on his person.
@Gemini

Spoiler tag for ppl who are avoiding!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 4 Dec - 5:29

@spacebaby45678 You are a genius! YES! cheers
@reylo1992 H-beating H-beating H-beating
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 4 Dec - 5:47

@giaciak2 wrote:@spacebaby45678 You are a genius! YES! cheers
@reylo1992 H-beating H-beating H-beating
@giaciak2

Yes.. me and my best friend wiki Razz

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 4 Dec - 6:02

cute !! Embarassed

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Ad330706e9a4affc64f88223ba98a9e95ce7ddf7
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 A2e37e4667fb2c3888f8bd22facb29da3742efc9
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Beae26aa3927090cfae2344955aaf2f5314e1045

Alright so idk exactly why they’d bother to flip it but that’s what they did here again, right?

Spoiler:

TV spot
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 72a670495d74d56454307d4878bd3bc99b94de22

true is this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 044b711da4f80e229f2f202748661536be488934

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 D6e3ae4caa12b886828b07d516dfec99be3751f4

I felt some of the TV Spots that were coming out might have some reverse play in action. Most notably the ones with Rey and Kylo in the white room. Here’s one I’ve found that was most notable to me. First gif is what has been shown in the promos

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 B58adec5f4873e8d03e6bfaee9c2a59361df7970

Second is it reversed. Looks a little more natural yeah with Rey’s mouth?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 A94a15700947c9cfb2445a807be242bc74fb0b8e
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed 4 Dec - 6:05

@Teo oswald wrote:cute !! Embarassed

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Ad330706e9a4affc64f88223ba98a9e95ce7ddf7
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 A2e37e4667fb2c3888f8bd22facb29da3742efc9
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Beae26aa3927090cfae2344955aaf2f5314e1045

Alright so idk exactly why they’d bother to flip it but that’s what they did here again, right?

Spoiler:

TV spot
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 72a670495d74d56454307d4878bd3bc99b94de22

true is this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 044b711da4f80e229f2f202748661536be488934

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 D6e3ae4caa12b886828b07d516dfec99be3751f4

I felt some of the TV Spots that were coming out might have some reverse play in action. Most notably the ones with Rey and Kylo in the white room. Here’s one I’ve found that was most notable to me. First gif is what has been shown in the promos

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 B58adec5f4873e8d03e6bfaee9c2a59361df7970

Second is it reversed. Looks a little more natural yeah with Rey’s mouth?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 A94a15700947c9cfb2445a807be242bc74fb0b8e
@Teo oswald

This is so lovely!

I also noticed it in the full video. What does Rey have in her eyes? Do you think it is image of Ben? Or is it a keyhole?

Or both. lol!
Ben is the key to...  Question

AAAAA a memory that always comes to mind, but that I forgot to tell you for ... years?

When Rey attacks Luke before leaving Kylo, she tells Luke.
"If Ben Solo returns, he will raise the tide"
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Downlo15

here is the tide

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 Downlo13
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 6:17

@Teo oswald

OMG those rollerballs!

angry roller ball LUKE...kids stories are usually the most basic and honest.

@giaciak2

Looks like a keyhole to me as well! "Kylo holds the key"

Kylo unlocks the secret of Rey?

Or she's under his thrall? LOL

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 6:24; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 4 Dec - 6:22

@giaciak2
Your son's opinion sounds like my little niece's, she doesn't like Rey too. It seems like nowadays, kids don't find the type of character like Rey appealing and Rey being angry with wide eyes and teeth out most of the time certainly can't help the situation.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Wed 4 Dec - 7:36

@Atenais wrote:Dark Rey:

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 76f6fab99dcda89827611aa984e35430a470d0d5

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1202071276807954433/pu/vid/640x360/ol4YR44uk67Fl99O.mp4

Rey has the dagger before going to DS.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 60ea4b8efde3d74ae32dc3f535df7e0c4a05ac00

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 16 1000011

This looks like a... map?
@Atenais

Wait wait wait!
This dagger was reminding me of something. I felt like id seen it before...
Remember that article where Rey and Kylo are standing opposite each other on the death star ruins and there is an incomplete circle superimposed over the image. "The circle is complete" thing. The dagger looks a lot like that.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum