Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:51 am

@giaciak2 wrote:Regarding the ending told by the Leaks...

I think that the fact that Kylo gives his FORCE - LIFE  to Rey represents the union of male and female. Platonic man, for example, was born of the division of ONE. Also the Yin a Yang are two opposites that rotate TOGETHER around a nucleus. In rotating around the void - they create the universe.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Androg10

But that's not all, in the esoteric version of alchemy there is a treatise that I love a lot because I wanted to inspire my Fan FIc on this theory. This is a fairly complex alchemical treatise and I still have to go into many aspects. But there's something I can't forget.

There are metaphors. Remembering that alchemy is based on three layers. The nigredo (or putrefaction - which corresponds to death), the albedo (which corresponds to dawn and rebirth) and finally the rubedo (which corresponds to the sunset but is also the adult age - completion of the work) is in this last phase that is obtained the alchemic stone.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Downlo12

The fact is that in order to pass through the various layers, the elements must be transformed, and this happens with death and rebirth.

In the first phase the material is raw-dead, but corresponds to the man and woman who begin the alchemical process. In Star Wars are the years of Vader and the spiritual death of Ben. His passage to the dark side.

But through the woman, the elements that correspond to the masculine and the feminine are mixed. We have the first transformation. But it is only the beginning of transfomation this phase corresponds to the albedo. For Star Wars it corresponds to the moment when Rey and Ben - have sex symbolically with the hand scene. The woman leaves to complete the work, but Ben is not ready.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Downlo10

The last phase is Rubedo. In this phase, man dominates. Man finds the spirit of the divine and can now complete the transformation of both. The two male and female elements are mating but now they are both ready. And from their union we obtain the philosopher's stone. The principle of everything but also the point of arrival of creation. In esotericism of Christian inspiration, Jesus is born who sacrifices himself to save man.

Rubedo definition:
The main effect of sublimation of the matter of the Opera during the Rubedo is the final reunification of opposites. What was separate for contingent reasons, now back to being united. During this phase we are witnessing the reunification of spirit and matter, of male and female, of Sun and Moon. And it is no coincidence that the color of this operation is red, a color that is halfway between black and white, between light and darkness.

Finally, the completion of Rubedo marks the realization of the Philosopher's Stone, a substance able to confer immortality, to acquire omniscience and to transmute base metals into gold.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Rebis10

If I transpose the STAR WARS world, Ben donates the Force (his male divine spark) to Rey. Rey is the sacred feminine, which, being female, can welcome and create. Rey also has her Force - divine spark.

Combining the masculine and feminine Force they give life to the philosopher's stone of STAR WARS. The androgyne is contained within Rey. Rey becomes both BEN and REY. Together. The Force is reunited.

Look Holocron SW

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Downlo11

The blue Holocron seems Platonic Solid look here

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Polire10

For those unfamiliar with the topic All polygons can be contained within the last icosahedron. But in summary all can be contained within a circle.
But note well. If the icosahedron is blue and represents the fifth element of the alchemy (the fifth element is the philosopher's stone). The first polygon the tetraedo (has a pyramidal shape right?).
In alchemy the triangle corresponds to the masculine and to the fire.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Stock-10

But something has to come ... so I expect that Ben and Rey have sex before the end and Rey stays alive but pregnant. In this case unfortunately the speculations could be true for which Rey calls himself Skywalker and becomes Anakin's mother ... (without necessarily having to tell everyone, only those like us will understand ...)

Or 2 final option together, they join the Force and Rey, which at this point is the complete god, becomes the One - a unique god and no longer divided into two sides - and can either destroy Palpatine or resurrect Ben.

If it were to take this turn it would make sense that Rey resurrects Ben as a man and maybe (she) even loses the Force in the process. So they will go to the galaxy together and free from the bond that ultimately cost all generations before them.

If they were to follow a logic linked to the gnostic - esoteric myth, this could be the ending.

In essence, I can't find a logical sense in Ben's perennial death. I see no satisfaction in leaving Rey alone at the end. I don't see any happy ending even if Ben appears as a spirit at the end.

The only positive message they can give to children is whether Ben is raised because he makes the right choice and he is forgiven.

Doing the right thing and forgiving are feelings that are very close to the sensitivity of children.

A strong single female, a man who dies even as a hero, but leaves a bad taste in his mouth. They don't give satisfaction. Children want to identify with heroes.

Girls dream love not living alone because their love is dead.

Childrens dream of being imperfect heroes. Imperfect, but strong and happy. At 11-13 years old they have their first loves. What satisfaction would children have of seeing the male hero die and leave his girlfriend alone?

My son would hate it! Already after he saw TFA and TLJ he said that SW sucks. And do you know why he hates SW? Because he says: "Kylo Ren is strong but he is unlucky because he can't get the girl he loves. And Rey is strong but I don't care."

Disney. do you want our money?

@giaciak2

LOVE this, Incredible!!!! I have missed your posts and insight on this forum! Glad you're back and contributing!

Stay positive! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by californiagirl on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:56 am

Normally the discussion is that Rey isn't compelling because she's too perfect and heroic. Now she's not compelling because she's not heroic and perfect enough? I'm not sure what she's supposed to do or be to become a beloved icon. And I'm also uneasy with a bunch of adults determining what kids, not individually, but as a whole, do or don't like.

I don't find the lack of Force users that distressing, the OT kiled off Obi-Wan, Yoda, the Emperor, and Vader, leaving only Luke as the one force user left at the end. If the ST gets both Rey and Kylo alive at the end, perhaps with normal-level force abilities, that's not a bad deal. Side note, Elsa reminds me of a combo of both Rey and Kylo, and that's worked out fairly well for Disney.

Anyway, REG is great, and I'm sad his character, along with Hux, is probably too spoilery to be able to go on press tour. Maybe after the film? The use of the word "resurrection" is certainly intriguing.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:09 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Hi, I missed you too. H-beating

I missed you all.

I had moved away from Forum and I devoted myself to reading because Reylo leaks and antis are driving me crazy. I had promised myself never read spoiler or leak again ... but I don't know how it translates ...
"The wolf loses hair but not vice ..."

And here I am ...

I'm glad you're there too Love

This is a safe house not a Forum. Thank you to all here!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:07 pm

He's BAck! JW @ MSW with brand nu scoops

Jannah in the mix
In Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, there has been murky detail regarding Jannah’s introduction and how she fits into the storyline. I have to admit that a lot of it sounds insanely convenient. But it also plays more in the spirit of fun. However, Jannah is introduced late in the film.

On Pasaana, the heroes encounter Lando Calrissian. He refuses to join the Resistance fight when asked by Chewbacca’s new friends. He points the heroes towards Ochi’s ship. While we once thought that Lando and Luke Skywalker were looking for Ochi’s dagger, it has been clarified for me and it turns out that they were actually searching for the Wayfinder to Exegol. As the heroes are leaving, Lando comments that the First Order took his daughter and she’s a Stormtrooper now for all he knows. This affects Finn.

Jannah finds the gang
After the hijinks on Pasaana, with the dagger in hand, Rey and her crew go to “Kef Bir”, the Forest Moon of Endor. Jannah is on the planet’s surface and she sees their ship fly over head. She knows that whoever it is, they’re going to need her help and she takes the orbaks with her to assist the travelers.

Blocked
Jannah ends up telling the crew that she was abducted by First Order invaders as a child. However, she managed to escape. Realizing that the wayfinder will allow the Resistance to stop the First Order once and for all, Jannah joins the fight.

Finn and Jannah ride the orbaks into battle above Exegol. While everyone else dies on their journey to destroy the reactor of Pryde’s flag ship, the pair manages to destroy the ship, as it falls, Lando Calrissian and Nien Nunb arrive in the Falcon to rescuse the survivors, interupting the suicide mission, saving Finn and Jannah.

After the destruction of the First Order, a conversation between the Falcon’s crew unfolds about where to go next. It is decided to go home. Lando asks where home is, and Jannah s gives the sector. Lando realizes that it is his sector too.

A reveal for fun
From what I have been told, the reveal that Jannah is Lando’s daughter is similar to Han Solo’s realization that Luke is Leia’s brother in Return of the Jedi. It plays like a comedic and happy “ah ha” moment, and is very brisk.

In the film, Lando comments that his daughter was taken. A short time later that daughter finds the heroes on Kef Bir/Endor. The way that it plays out is quick and not heavy. I’m told it doesn’t feel heavy handed and that it generally works in the film, because it is not a major emotional component of the core film itself, but a fine aside that has a fun payoff.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:49 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Normally the discussion is that Rey isn't compelling because she's too perfect and heroic. Now she's not compelling because she's not heroic and perfect enough? I'm not sure what she's supposed to do or be to become a beloved icon. And I'm also uneasy with a bunch of adults determining what kids, not individually, but as a whole, do or don't like.
@californiagirl

Who is saying that? Are you telling, outside the forum? Because I didn't see it. We were only commenting how Rey looks angrier than Kylo in the teasers and that's true, it's not a complain about her character.

@californiagirl wrote:Anyway, REG is great, and I'm sad his character, along with Hux, is probably too spoilery to be able to go on press tour. Maybe after the film? The use of the word "resurrection" is certainly intriguing.
@californiagirl

I disagree, right now all characters are spoilery, I'm watching each video they release and the actors are saying pretty much nothing. I would love to see him on the press tour. D:
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 pm

@Atenais I love you @californiagirl

I also love Rey. But I think I will love her more after the end of episode IX. Twisted Evil
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 pm

@giaciak2 wrote:@Atenais I love you @californiagirl

I also love Rey. But I think I will love her more after the end of episode IX. Twisted Evil
@giaciak2

Me too! I adore Rey!

I have a feeling that I will appreciate all of the characters at the end of TRoS, including OT and PT characters. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:40 pm

@giaciak2 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:cute !! Embarassed

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Ad330706e9a4affc64f88223ba98a9e95ce7ddf7
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 A2e37e4667fb2c3888f8bd22facb29da3742efc9
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Beae26aa3927090cfae2344955aaf2f5314e1045

Alright so idk exactly why they’d bother to flip it but that’s what they did here again, right?

Spoiler:

TV spot
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 72a670495d74d56454307d4878bd3bc99b94de22

true is this :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 044b711da4f80e229f2f202748661536be488934

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 D6e3ae4caa12b886828b07d516dfec99be3751f4

I felt some of the TV Spots that were coming out might have some reverse play in action. Most notably the ones with Rey and Kylo in the white room. Here’s one I’ve found that was most notable to me. First gif is what has been shown in the promos

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 B58adec5f4873e8d03e6bfaee9c2a59361df7970

Second is it reversed. Looks a little more natural yeah with Rey’s mouth?

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 A94a15700947c9cfb2445a807be242bc74fb0b8e
@Teo oswald

This is so lovely!

I also noticed it in the full video. What does Rey have in her eyes? Do you think it is image of Ben? Or is it a keyhole?

Or both. lol!
Ben is the key to...  Question

AAAAA a memory that always comes to mind, but that I forgot to tell you for ... years?

When Rey attacks Luke before leaving Kylo, she tells Luke.
"If Ben Solo returns, he will raise the tide"
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Downlo15

here is the tide

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Downlo13
@giaciak2

Good point. I agree with everything you pointed out in your previous post. I tend to believe that Rey and Ren are meant to become one person at some point in order to defeat Palpatine, maybe even that the link between Rey and Ren from the very beginning was Ben himself. Don't ask me how it would be possible exactly but I guess that Big Bad learnt from his mistake after his defeat in ROTJ as Vader turned against him because there was still good in him. The Australian poster point to Arthurian legend, which is all about the quest of the Holy grail. Palpatine being still alive suggests that he found a way to reach immortality. If that's the case, I guess that the last Skywalker is supposed to have an important part in that scheme.

My guts tell me that the plot of the movie is all about finding relics  either to piece them together or destroy them. I would rather point the compass to the direction of destroying relics since Rey already has the dagger in her hand before attacking Kylo in his personal quarters. So I tend to believe that the point of the mission is to go there in order to destroy the mask, which IMO makes more sense for the plot than going there only to rescue Chewie. So if one goes along with that scenario, it's pretty close with the idea of destroying the Horcruxes that Voldemort created to reach immortality. It seems like Kylo Ren is meant to become all what Palpatine dreamed of achieving with Anakin and that there was a bigger plan behind this than just making Anakin an apprentice. Obi-Wan certainly was a grain of salt in the machine since he gravely injured Vader and Padme was too to some degree. Maybe we're gonna learn that the truth behind her death is that Vader survived by draining her energy, thus maybe the reason why there was still good in him despite Palpatine's scheme. So what did Palpatine do in order to prevent the same mistake and what is the grain of salt in his scheme this time?

We have Oscar alluding to a long chessgame between the Sith and the Jedi. Maybe that Palpatine realized after his defeat in ROTJ that the only way to get what he wants was to separate the dark side and the light side within the last Skywalker descendant in order to get rid of his light side once and for all. However, Luke could see Ren and Rey  touching hands with his own eyes and obviously feared the consequences. Plus all this narrative of both the Empire and the Jedi needing/taking children.  So is this connection Palpatine's doing, Luke's doing, the Force playing games, another reason ? I can totally imagine a scenario in which we discover that Ben was meant to be incapacitated/destroyed once and for all and that young Rey was unvoluntarily played a part into this. Maybe she was used as a pawn in that scheme or later found - while scavenging - a relic  that was supposed to stay well hidden. There is certainly a good reason why something had always been dormant in her but awakened only after Ren put a foot on Jakku. Strangely, he appears very dark, powerful and controlled during the opening scene of TFA. However, he began to lose control and feel pulled to the light shortly after leaving Jakku.

The Force theme (associated with Skywalkers) always plays when Rey and Ren are coming together like two separate pieces completing each other, first when she grabs the Skywalker lightsaber in front of him, second during the first Force moment when she taps to the dark side, third during the second Force moment with the hand touch and finally fourth when they fight in unison against Preatorian guards.  That fight on the ship is meant to be a parallel and reverse of "Obikin"  in ROTS. That's why I don't believe that any of them will win in the end: it will climax and suddenly falls flat because something will happen a little like in this scene of the movie Two Brothers, when they have a realization while fighting:

So I predict that they will come close to destroy each other or one of them will come close to destroy the other until they get a Truth moment that will lead to a WTF reaction from both of them (and the audience).  It seems that Finn tries to run to them like he is trying to call Rey and stop something terrible from happening. And then, it seems that he is projected behind and he and Jannah look puzzled. John tweeted "She's changed", a callback to Padme's line "You've changed"? As for Ren, he just looks like a shocked Space Darcy:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Rjmsvx10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Ek9q0910

Maybe that after a Force moment, Rey gets empowered, rises and this is how she gets out of the fight, thus giving Ren clarity later of what should be done to combine their power on Exogol. However, I would find much cooler and more shocking for the audience if the Force bond would unlock something within Rey and i.e. Ben's voice would unvoluntarily comes out of her mouth or something really unsettling for everybody. I tend to believe that they're gonna realise that Rey carries a piece of Ben within or whatever explains their connection, thus why she would be the one who can actually raise the tide like Moises. Whatever the Truth behind the connection, I am persuaded that the lines "You are a monster/ Yes I am (subtext: and so are you)" as well as many of their interaction will make more sense after whatever happens on that ship. Maybe Rey will go back to Ahch-To out of fear of what the connection mean and will burn the ship as part of the rejection before being given full clarity by Luke and why not by the mirror cave. There are too many indications pointing to the direction that Luke got clarity about their connection at some point. As for Ren, I imagine he will be confused about the implications of the connection and why not Palpatine's motivations toward him. I guess that if there is any big Force moment in the movie, it will happen for good during the confrontation on Exogol. I predict that Ren will transfer his (mostly dark) Force energy to Rey in order enable her to rise with the full Skywalker Force energy within while he would be left barely alive. After rising, Rey herself would be left with few energy within, possibly leading to a big emotional moment involving death for him and possibly near death for her. If Ben gets resurrected thanks to her healing power, he/they won't have their raw power anymore, thus living as normal human beings. That's how I see things happening.

Press conference:
Very mysterious what Adam meant with "And it turns into what is happening around them that brings it out of them"
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur61
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur60
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Zmg64710
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Tenor_12
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Man, all the talk of how Star Wars is about hope and family from JJ and Terrio is just unfortunate when one knows that they may have simply created a more upsetting and tragic version of Return of the Jedi. It's not even a matter of whether or not the film can be good (it certainly can, and I'm sure Rey and Ben's development and Ben giving up everything in the end for love is going to be the absolute highlight), it's just that it could very well be an extremely sad film, and right around Christmastime as well. I'm rather concerned for the repeat viewing turnout of a bittersweet tragedy.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm not really getting how a reveal that his missing child is found is a quick aha moment that isn't heavy. Doesn't exactly fit imo. But then again Lando having a lost a found daughter sounds dumb and unnecessary to me. Just introduce her as his kid in the first place or maybe don't because do we really need 2 characters revealed as related to OT characters.

Mila95
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:31 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Man, all the talk of how Star Wars is about hope and family from JJ and Terrio is just unfortunate when one knows that they may have simply created a more upsetting and tragic version of Return of the Jedi. It's not even a matter of whether or not the film can be good (it certainly can, and I'm sure Rey and Ben's development and Ben giving up everything in the end for love is going to be the absolute highlight), it's just that it could very well be an extremely sad film, and right around Christmastime as well. I'm rather concerned for the repeat viewing turnout of a bittersweet tragedy.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yup, that’s what I’ve been saying. You’d hope that that hope and unity they said the movie represents would extend to the young, troubled, newly redeemed Skywalker too. Even if this is executed well I don’t think I’d want to watch it again. I can handle depressing stuff, but I don’t want that in Star Wars too. It’s a really sad ending for Rey too. Could see it affecting word of mouth negatively.

And as someone mentioned before, Kathleen Kennedy once talked about how Kylo represents the troubled youth of today, how he’s a metaphor for the path from young adulthood to being an adult. Her words, not ours. To then end his story by killing him off is deeply, deeply problematic. How is that a fitting message?
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Yeah I think it won't see like a happy hopeful thing like they're claiming. Vader died and ROTJ is still considered a happy, hopeful ending despite that but we barely knew Vader as anything but a villain so people weren't personally attached to him, he was old and dying anyway and Luke truly did get what he was looking for at the end. Kylo is a much bigger role, he's really the second protagonist, he's the actual Skywalker and he's young and has a lot of people specifically interested in him plus he's really the main person Rey develops and actual onscreen relationship, not offscreen or instant friendship. I think they do intend for the ending to be happy in the same way as ROTJ was, they basically copied the movie tbh, but I'm not sure if it will land because if Kylo is popular enough his ending can color the whole thing and the other characters happy endings might not be enough to make it that hopeful. Especially with Leia dying as well. And then there's the question of will Rey's ending land well for people and will her getting a big flashy last name be enough to hide that she actually ends up alone.

Mila95
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:47 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Man, all the talk of how Star Wars is about hope and family from JJ and Terrio is just unfortunate when one knows that they may have simply created a more upsetting and tragic version of Return of the Jedi. It's not even a matter of whether or not the film can be good (it certainly can, and I'm sure Rey and Ben's development and Ben giving up everything in the end for love is going to be the absolute highlight), it's just that it could very well be an extremely sad film, and right around Christmastime as well. I'm rather concerned for the repeat viewing turnout of a bittersweet tragedy.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Yup, that’s what I’ve been saying. You’d hope that that hope and unity they said the movie represents would extend to the young, troubled, newly redeemed Skywalker too. Even if this is executed well I don’t think I’d want to watch it again. I can handle depressing stuff, but I don’t want that in Star Wars too. It’s a really sad ending for Rey too. Could see it affecting word of mouth negatively.

And as someone mentioned before, Kathleen Kennedy once talked about how Kylo represents the troubled youth of today, how he’s a metaphor for the path from young adulthood to being an adult. Her words, not ours. To then end his story by killing him off is deeply, deeply problematic. How is that a fitting message?
@Kylo Rey

[whispers]I think @FrolickingFizzgig was being sarcastic.[/whispers] Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:58 pm

@nickandnora wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Kylo Rey

@nickandnora

I don’t think she was? If she was, it completely flew over my head Laughing

@Mila95 I agree with every word you said. Despite the “I am your father” and Vader’s redemption being iconic, Luke didn’t have much of a relationship with his father (as poignant and beautiful as what we got with them was), and he had Han and Leia at the end with him too. They were an actual family. A touch of bittersweet, but a relatively happy ending all things considered.

With Rey, they’ve never really developed her relationship with the resistance characters, and a part of TROS seems to be that she feels alienated and isolated from them. That ending is so forced. Why bother doing that if you’re gonna deny her happiness with Kylo as well? I’m not even saying they have to end up getting married and having babies, but killing him off isn’t the way either. Denying Leia her last wish (especially after Carrie Fisher’s passing) is in really poor taste as well.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:41 pm

From Entertainment Weekly (article here):

EW wrote:Daisy Ridley was asked by EW to give a cryptic one-word clue about the secretive events in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that would have fans wondering what she meant.

“Do you know what springs to mind?” the actress replied. “Cyclops.” (...)

“The parents thing is not satisfied — for her and for the audience,” Ridley said. “That’s something she’s still trying to figure out — where does she come from?”

It’s unclear if director J.J. Abrams has made a course correction to Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson’s plan or there was always more to say about Rey’s parentage. Either way, wasn’t the Episode VIII scene supposed to be sincere?

I don't think it sounds good, and WTF with this cyclops thing?
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Emporer is going to be a one eyed monster?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:49 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:Emporer is going to be a one eyed monster?
@Birdwoman

That's so weird. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm

@Atenais wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:Emporer is going to be a one eyed monster?
@Birdwoman

That's so weird. XD
@Atenais

Seems like the most likely answer, yes. Especially considering they've done everything to avoid showing Palps.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:45 pm

@Atenais wrote:From Entertainment Weekly (article here):

EW wrote:Daisy Ridley was asked by EW to give a cryptic one-word clue about the secretive events in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker that would have fans wondering what she meant.

“Do you know what springs to mind?” the actress replied. “Cyclops.” (...)

“The parents thing is not satisfied — for her and for the audience,” Ridley said. “That’s something she’s still trying to figure out — where does she come from?”

It’s unclear if director J.J. Abrams has made a course correction to Last Jedi writer-director Rian Johnson’s plan or there was always more to say about Rey’s parentage. Either way, wasn’t the Episode VIII scene supposed to be sincere?

I don't think it sounds good, and WTF with this cyclops thing?
@Atenais

In the TFA novel, there was one particular line that caught my attention right away, when Snoke told to Kylo Ren:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur65
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur66
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur67

"The elements align, Kylo Ren"

Strangely, this passage reminded me of this prophecy about Hercules...
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur62
...told to Hades by the Fates who share a single eye:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 98598110

The video above explains very well that actually the Disney version of the Fates is closer to the Graeae aka as the Grey Witches who were born old, with grey hairs and sharing a single eye. Movies like Choc of the Titans and Dark Chrystal took inspiration from these mythological figures although they don't have any big role. In the Choc of the Titans, they share a chrystal ball. So I think that if J.J. took some inspiration from these mythological figures, I guess he might have combined it with the story of the Disney version of Hercules. That would fit with the idea that Palpatine tried to find any way possible to incapacitate the last Skywalker and/or any danger he was aware of:

But we know that Hades' plan didn't go exactly as he wanted, right?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur63
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur64

Last edited by reylo1992 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Daisy saying Cyclops to describe TROS

Cyclops is tricked by Odysseus who lies and says "I am no one". Polyphemus (cyclops) then says " very well, I will eat No One last"

"Polyphemus, drunk, asked what the kind man's name was, and Odysseus replied "No one". Polyphemus said that he would eat "No one" last for gratitude, and fell into a deep sleep. Odysseus, having planned this, took a wooden stake and blinded Polyphemus' single eye."

How this fits into TROS

No clue lol. Unless it's to do with palps draining kylos and rey to near death.

Cyclops tricks Odysseus and his men  to go into his cave as well so he can eat them.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:16 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Kylo Rey

@nickandnora

I don’t think she was? If she was, it completely flew over my head  Laughing

@Mila95 I agree with every word you said. Despite the “I am your father” and Vader’s redemption being iconic, Luke didn’t have much of a relationship with his father (as poignant and beautiful as what we got with them was), and he had Han and Leia at the end with him too. They were an actual family. A touch of bittersweet, but a relatively happy ending all things considered.

With Rey, they’ve never really developed her relationship with the resistance characters, and a part of TROS seems to be that she feels alienated and isolated from them. That ending is so forced. Why bother doing that if you’re gonna deny her happiness with Kylo as well? I’m not even saying they have to end up getting married and having babies, but killing him off isn’t the way either. Denying Leia her last wish (especially after Carrie Fisher’s passing) is in really poor taste as well.
@Kylo Rey

I wasn't kidding when I said The Mouse is just a cold-blooded machine that wants financial security. The valuable Skywalker last name is worth saving and Rey's character arc is just their sacrificial lamb to do it. Terrio was kind enough to say it out loud to all of us.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 W65IWHz
https://twitter.com/StarWarsNewsNet/status/1202339584711053312
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Kanata on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:22 pm

I like it. Ben dies giving Rey the strength to survive. Titanic is the most famous modern love story told. And it ended in a similar way. And it coincides with Ben’s redemption. It’s a full circle for Kylo’s character. After what happened in TFA between him and Han on the bridge, you could see this foreshadowed.

Casey Kanata
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Sorry  hers the whole thang  about "cyclops"
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Screen87
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Screen89

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Screen88
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:25 pm

@OrionStars

Hahahaha hoo boy, if they think "Rey, Rey Skywalker" can carry on three more movies they're in for a rude awakening.

I actually love Daisy and Rey, but making her a Skywalker "by name" and then turning her into the poster girl of the franchise is not going to work. You have people until this day arguing about Kylo not being a "true" Skywalker because of semantics, so you can be sure they'll not STFU about Rey not being a "true" Skywalker because she's somehow a bastard.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 17 Captur68
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum