Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Birdwoman on Wed 4 Dec - 23:30

I wonder if they will keep Kylo, Rey and Fin alive to have more adventures down the road?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 23:35

@reylo1992 wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Captur68
@reylo1992

The two crossed sabers may be the trident? That's what deflects the lightning and rebounds...although trident means 3 pronged weapon. Maybe the dagger is involved there too?

Poseidon...he is the God of the sea.  Aquarius...omg
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 4 Dec - 23:45

We had to suppose she has an extensive knowledge of Greek mythology, but since she said before that she didn't even know much about SW universe, I don't think that's that. It must be something more aligned with general knowlegde of Cyclops (one eye = one something), or it was something discussed with the director.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Wed 4 Dec - 23:46

@Piper Maru wrote:@OrionStars

Hahahaha hoo boy, if they think "Rey, Rey Skywalker" can carry on three more movies they're in for a rude awakening.

I actually love Daisy and Rey, but making her a Skywalker "by name" and then turning her into the poster girl of the franchise is not going to work. You have people until this day arguing about Kylo not being a "true" Skywalker because of semantics, so you can be sure they'll not STFU about Rey not being a "true" Skywalker because she's somehow a bastard.
@Piper Maru

Yeah, even fanboys felt horrified after they heard about Rey "self-adopted" Skywalker in the leak. The backlashes will be really nasty after TROS officially gets released. Just imagine OT fanboys and PT fanboys finally united in one force to lash out on Rey and the actress. Anakin fanboys will get the impression that they retconned the whole Skywalker saga, especially Anakin's arc and dug Palpy's grave so Rey could kill Palpy again, while Luke's fanboys will think Rey steals their precious Luke's last name. The tragedy of TROS isn't just about the story itself, it's about how Disney chose to sacrifice our main female protagonist to protect their profit.
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 23:48

Lol

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Ek-gdf10

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Screen90

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 4 Dec - 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 4 Dec - 23:49

@Gemini wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Captur68
@reylo1992

The two crossed sabers may be the trident? That's what deflects the lightning and rebounds...although trident means 3 pronged weapon. Maybe the dagger is involved there too?

Poseidon...he is the God of the sea.  Aquarius...omg
@Gemini

Rey and Kylo fight on an oceanic planet cheers

And we always come back to "Holy Trinity", everywhere.

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 4 Dec - 23:49

@OrionStars wrote:I wasn't kidding when I said The Mouse is just a cold-blooded machine that wants financial security. The valuable Skywalker last name is worth saving and Rey's character arc is just their sacrificial lamb to do it. Terrio was kind enough to say it out loud to all of us.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 W65IWHz
https://twitter.com/StarWarsNewsNet/status/1202339584711053312
@OrionStars

We never doubt that. They could always dig an unknown Skywalker from the past. XD
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Wed 4 Dec - 23:52

Did anyone read MSW’s article today about the leaks he received in 2017 about Trevorrow’s script? He says he was told Trevorrow’s script had Rey as the daughter of the Solo family live-in maid/nanny/cook, that Ben and Rey were like siblings and not romantic due to their growing up together (just not bio related, because her father wasn’t Han, but a man who fought in the battle of Jakku with her mother), and then everyone had their memory wiped by the First Order. Suspect The film supposedly consisted of Kylo chasing Rey everywhere trying to get her to turn dark (this sounds like JP’s interpretation of Kylo’s TROS actions...), her refusing, and then the climax was a fight between them in the former Solo family home. I guess the felt presence of his family (ghosts?) and memories came back in the house, and he healed her after hurting her in the fight. Leia still died, Lando was still in it, and there were red stormtroopers involved, but no Palpatine. Just Kylo as the big bad.

Beyond the hilarious Who’s The Boss? angle to this, I do find it interesting that his script supposedly also had redeemed Ben heal Rey in the end, but seemingly no mention of Ben dying. When Adam has said he had an idea from the beginning of where his character was going, I do wonder if he just meant the redeemed part or the life or death part too. Because if his ultimate fate was decided early on, wouldn’t this imply that he was supposed to live? Unless Jason just didn’t hear if healing Rey ultimately killed him in Trevorrow’s version too, IDK.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 4 Dec - 23:58

When she said "cyclops", the first thing that came into my mind was this:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Ep8-0711
I'm sorry  lol!  lol!  lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Wed 4 Dec - 23:58

@Mila95 wrote:I'm not really getting how a reveal that his missing child is found is a quick aha moment that isn't heavy. Doesn't exactly fit imo. But then again Lando having a lost a found daughter sounds dumb and unnecessary to me. Just introduce her as his kid in the first place or maybe don't because do we really need 2 characters revealed as related to OT characters.
@Mila95

Yes! Enough with the family reveals. Just “My daughter can help us.” Good enough.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 4 Dec - 23:59

@AcrosstheStars wrote:Did anyone read MSW’s article today about the leaks he received in 2017 about Trevorrow’s script? He says he was told Trevorrow’s script had Rey as the daughter of the Solo family live-in maid/nanny/cook, that Ben and Rey were like siblings and not romantic due to their growing up together (just not bio related, because her father wasn’t Han, but a man who fought in the battle of Jakku with her mother), and then everyone had their memory wiped by the First Order. Suspect The film supposedly consisted of Kylo chasing Rey everywhere trying to get her to turn dark (this sounds like JP’s interpretation of Kylo’s TROS actions...), her refusing, and then the climax was a fight between them in the former Solo family home. I guess the felt presence of his family (ghosts?) and memories came back in the house, and he healed her after hurting her in the fight. Leia still died, Lando was still in it, and there were red stormtroopers involved, but no Palpatine. Just Kylo as the big bad.

Beyond the hilarious Who’s The Boss? angle to this, I do find it interesting that his script supposedly also had redeemed Ben heal Rey in the end, but seemingly no mention of Ben dying. When Adam has said he had an idea from the beginning of where his character was going, I do wonder if he just meant the redeemed part or the life or death part too. Because if his ultimate fate was decided early on, wouldn’t this imply that he was supposed to live? Unless Jason just didn’t hear if healing Rey ultimately killed him in Trevorrow’s version too, IDK.
@AcrosstheStars

LOL two kids unrelated boy and girl growing up together and then meet years later grown up? I think *most* stories that start like that end up romantic XD XD That's sort of an interesting premise had this been another story. In this story, it would make no sense with the force bond tho. The force is far more powerful than a mind wipe. They must have recognized each other somehow.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 5 Dec - 0:00

@Atenais wrote:We had to suppose she has an extensive knowledge of Greek mythology, but since she said before that she didn't even know much about SW universe, I don't think that's that. It must be something more aligned with general knowlegde of Cyclops (one eye = one something), or it was something discussed with the director.
@Atenais

I’m actually thinking she’s referring to Cyclops the X-Men character. His parents saved him and his brother as they were falling to their death in a plane crash. Cyclops was separated from his brother, developed amnesia about his childhood and family, and obviously also had superhuman powers that terrified people. That sounds like Rey to me, minus the sibling.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 5 Dec - 0:03

Oh, the Cyclops thing. I think it's a Disney's Hercules reference cyclops

@AcrosstheStars

About the "Trevorrow script": That's Jason trying to save face after he was humiliated for going on his Patreon about how "he heard this rumor" that made perfect sense and it was basically that — Han cheating on Leia with a nobody (maid) and Rey being born, hence the whole Ben and Rey growing up as siblings thing.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Thu 5 Dec - 0:06; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 5 Dec - 0:04

Okay, a lot has happened in a matter of hours.

The Rise of the Resistance ride is up, is apparently very impressive, and also has animatronic Hux. Did I see a new picture of him at the press conference too? And one of Maz if I'm not mistaken.

I love Terrio talking about basically anything. I'm glad REG and Adam got to come too (but no Domnhall!). REG and Joonas (who has been liking Reylo posts) both saying such ecstatic things, and about how the film pieces the viewer back together, is certainly promising. And they said the bible was an influence, where the most important event is, you know, resurrection, the very thing REG just said?

Adam next to JJ and Daisy next to KK, I'm into that. And KK said JJ was her first choice for director. I remember the rumors that JJ was hired long before announcement, possibly due to the Paramount deal he had at the time. And his buddy Ava, who suggested the choker shots and visited the TROS set, hosted the event. It's like a big friend group.

JJ said SW is about hope and unity, who knew. And that they realized they didn't want SW to end. That's pretty good signs of Kylo living, paired with the admission he's both Ben and Kylo. Unless they made the weird choice to have future movies be about old characters instead of new ones, or if Finn or Poe's kids were force sensitive, or Rey got arbitrarily paired up with someone we haven't met and it's about their kids. I don't think any of those scenarios are likely.

Also, JJ said Kelly spoiled the movie, I think it was her comments on redemption.

I suspect the bittersweet part is Leia dying, it's like we had to watch her die in real life, now we get to watch her die onscreen. There's just no delicate way of putting that, it's going to be hard for a lot of the audience.

Dominic's character's name is Beaumont Kin, which sounds more like Downton Abbey than SW, but there it is.

And the ADF version of TROS, dang. The Colin one is probably fake, but also dang.

JJ said there's going to be new force powers, and even if we hadn't heard leaks, I would have guessed. The people who couldn't handle force projection Luke are going to lose it.

@Atenais There were some comments that people, including kids, don't like Rey, and that her being angry wasn't going to help endear her to the audience. Normally the complaint is that she's too put-together and it makes her dull. It does feel like the goalposts change a lot with Rey. There is much discussion from many corners of fandom about what she shouldn't be, but not a lot of what she should be.

Are we sure Jannah is introduced late in the movie? That's not at all what I've been getting from all this.

I'd be fine if Palpatine assumed a different form. The very few images on posters and magazines we've had of him are so obscured and kind of translucent, I can’t even tell if they're new or old shots.

Plus Adam's going to be on GMA.

What a day it's been.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 5 Dec - 0:21

@Atenais wrote:We had to suppose she has an extensive knowledge of Greek mythology, but since she said before that she didn't even know much about SW universe, I don't think that's that. It must be something more aligned with general knowlegde of Cyclops (one eye = one something), or it was something discussed with the director.
@Atenais

Yeah, my first thought went to "one eye", which made me think to prophecy or blindness.

Let's keep in mind too that the working title of the movie was Dark Chrystal, in which Aughra is a pivotal character who was inspired by the Graeae aka grey ones who share one eye and live in a cave. In several movies, they predict the future. The story of the Dark Chrystal is about a quest to heal a Chrystal before the alignment of the planet Thra's three suns according to a prophecy told by Aughra. The power of the chrystal was shattered by the split of two races who misuse th power of a chrystal to replenish themselves and decimate the other side.
https://darkcrystal.fandom.com/wiki/Aughra
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 5 Dec - 0:38

Edit - Sorry this probably belonged in the video game section

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 5 Dec - 1:31; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 5 Dec - 0:46

Oh also, someone said that JJ famously hates exposition, which doesn't totally match with these super exposition-heavy leaks. JJ can be weird, to be sure, but as multiple people have said, there's some things here which just don't jibe with his style and tendencies at all.

The leaks about Jannah are really conflicting. There's the Lando's daughter versions, and there's the Finn's sister version. I'd prefer the latter, it would be more natural and less forced, and go with picturing them together and not with Lando. Why have her do a chemistry test with John otherwise? Interesting how they all point to her former connection with the FO and/or stormtroopers. Another parallel with Finn. Like, it could be Lando, but that would just be so out of the blue.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 5 Dec - 1:17

@californiagirl

JJ can be weird, to be sure, but as multiple people have said, there's some things here which just don't jibe with his style and tendencies at all.

That's precisely the thing people keep ignoring and if you point it out, they keep telling you you're in denial Rolling Eyes. I don't doubt the leaks are correct in many aspects, but the tone is completely off and the themes are really not what JJ is all about. And as you said, a lot of it comes completely out of the blue when there are simpler explanations all around. Not to mention that JJ is heavily visual and subtextual (Rian is more about dialogue and direct references), so a LOT is dependent of context, atmosphere, soundtrack, pacing... you know, things you're only able to grasp once the movie is fully edited.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 5 Dec - 1:20

Adding to the speculation around "cyclops", Anakin's concept art in TFA was scary AF:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Captur69

Other possibility: we had discussion back in TFA times about the meaning of the Eye of Ra, the Egyptian Sungod and how it could be connected with the  meaning behind Starkiller base (Snoke) draining the power of the Sun (Son):
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 220px-11
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Starki10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Captur70

Whatever Daisy meant, I hope they didn't push the parallels with byronic heros to the point of making Ben blind in one eye like Mr. Rochester Sad
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 38739310

Last edited by reylo1992 on Thu 5 Dec - 1:41; edited 3 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 5 Dec - 1:24

@Piper Maru wrote:@californiagirl

JJ can be weird, to be sure, but as multiple people have said, there's some things here which just don't jibe with his style and tendencies at all.

That's precisely the thing people keep ignoring and if you point it out, they keep telling you you're in denial Rolling Eyes. I don't doubt the leaks are correct in many aspects, but the tone is completely off and the themes are really not what JJ is all about. And as you said, a lot of it comes completely out of the blue when there are simpler explanations all around. Not to mention that JJ is heavily visual and subtextual (Rian is more about dialogue and direct references), so a LOT is dependent of context, atmosphere, soundtrack, pacing... you know, things you're only able to grasp once the movie is fully edited.
@Piper Maru

Totally agree. The leaks are to be taken with a grain of salt. I.e. they got it right that Luke would blow up a hut but they didn't know the context and they completely f**** up with Rey falling from a cliff while fighting Kylo + the whole idea of Kylo invading Ahch-To with the Knights of Ren since it never happened. Based on the full leaks, the whole plot made no sense at the time and we were all worried for nothing on this particular part of the movie.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bruna8728 on Thu 5 Dec - 1:31

I'm trying to remember what magazine have an BTS image with JJ and D.O and behind then there is a screen with a cyclop. Am I imagining things here? Why no one is talking about it?

Edit to add: I couldn't find it, don't remember the creature very well, I think it was blue and have one eye, but maybe is just my imagination (wanted to see the picture to make sure), there is so much things going on this week...

Last edited by bruna8728 on Thu 5 Dec - 2:07; edited 1 time in total

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 5 Dec - 2:02

With all the recent talk about the clones, I wonder if Palpatine in TRoS is actually a clone and all those creepy Alien: Resurrection-style things in the barrels mentioned by MSW are indeed a thing, except they're clones of Palpatine? That would be one way to get around it and at least it means that Anakin did destroy Palpatine at the end of RotJ (though I've no doubt that many Anakin/PT fans will be ticked off by his return anyway).
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 5 Dec - 2:21

Daisy could referred to Cyclops from Greek mythology as Terrio is now expert in Greek mythology after BvS and JL LOL. Cyclops gave Zeus power of thunderbolts and there was one story about Cyclop when he was accused of killing Apollo's son but he only created a thunderbolt for Zeus. Apollo's son was actually a god of medicine. He once healed a snake in kindness and the snake told him secret knowledge - that's how he was able to learn how to cheat death. He was even bringing people back from underworld. Zeus killed him for that, to "bring balance" to life-death ratio.

This medicine sign was created in reference to this legend, a rod of Asclepius and the snake, a cup of Asclepias and the snake etc

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Staff-of-Asclepius-by-Tmelu

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 89986068-cup-of-asclepius-the-bowl-with-a-snake-twined-around-it-antique-symbol-of-healing-and-medicine-the-e

This sign is also part of leaked style guide for TROS
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 18 Screen12
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 5 Dec - 2:47

Richard E. Grant also mentioned at the press conference that the movie was a compilation of everything he had read in the Bible, Greek mythology and the Wizard of Oz, which I thought was interesting. And that it delivered a totally emotional wallop at the end that he wasn’t prepared for ( Confus). He seemed genuinely quite touched by the movie (and he’s a long time SW fan). His enthusiasm is so infectious H-beating

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Thu 5 Dec - 2:51; edited 2 times in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 5 Dec - 2:50

Wasn't there a Palpatine clone in an old EU story? It's not canon anymore, but they do resurrect Legends ideas sometimes. Not the way I want it to go, but it's entirely plausible. More likely than a barrel of baby Snoke clones.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum