Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 19:55

That's why I'm assuming that all of that or most of that is just PR. No coincidence that they wanna keep Adam away from interviews and under strict instruction not to reveal anything about Kylo's fate. It can't be just to throw him out of the story like garbage. I find the way they're promoting the movie is strange. The actors look genuinely enthusiastic in their way of promoting it contrary to the promotion of The last Jedi where I could feel that some of them were not so pleased with how different the movie was from the others. There is also a pretty agressive promotion with so many clips going out while letting all these terrible leaks coming out + letting know about the script nearly ending sold on ebay. I can't wrap my brain around all what's happening unless they know that the movie is really bad or that they want to feed in every direction. No coincidence IMO that J.J. mentioned the toxic environment of the fandom, especially the fandom menace since it looks like some really wanna see the movie fail just to trash the sequel trilogy once and for all.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by nemapasara on Thu 28 Nov - 19:56

Is it possible that they're showing the movie but omitting the ending? And putting in fake endings?
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 20:03

@reylo1992 wrote:That's why I'm assuming that all of that or most of that is just PR. No coincidence that they wanna keep Adam away from interviews and under strict instruction not to reveal anything about Kylo's fate. It can't be just to throw him out of the story like garbage. I find the way they're promoting the movie is strange. The actors look genuinely enthusiastic in their way of promoting it contrary to the promotion of The last Jedi where I could feel that some of them were not so pleased with how different the movie was from the others. There is also a pretty agressive promotion with so many clips going out while letting all these terrible leaks coming out + letting know about the script nearly ending sold on ebay. I can't wrap my brain around all what's happening unless they know that the movie is really bad or that they want to feed in every direction. No coincidence IMO that J.J. mentioned the toxic environment of the fandom, especially the fandom menace since it looks like some really wanna see the movie fail just to trash the sequel trilogy once and for all.
@reylo1992

Yeah it’s really odd. I know it’s PR and they are obligated to sell the movie, but I think you can tell when the actors are genuinely enthusiastic or not (like you pointed out with TLJ vs this, or even GoT S8, you could tell something really fishy was up with the way the cast was behaving). Adam called the ending unique and rare and is basically itching to talk about his entire three movie arc once the movie is out. How can he even do that if his fate is left like this???

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 28 Nov - 20:05

I think that the final stand-off will be a roller coaster; Rey will get revived/awakened by the force ghosts but I doubt that beating Palpatine will be an easy job and she’ll probably find herself in a tight spot again. I wonder who can help her out that Palpatine is not expecting at all?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:06

frankly, I think yeah...They know anyway that hell a lot of people will go watching the movie, including those who expect to see a bad movie. And having been incolved this year in something specific that made me discover how PR works in that industry, I really don't think that all this noise around the movie is coincidental. I'm sure that if it was the (complete) truth, they would work their a** off to prevent all these infos to get out and they would certainly not let J.J. reveal by himself that someone go his script nearly sold on ebay. But that's just my perception.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 20:08

@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora Yep, 1000 % ridiculous. There is no way to sell it visually. There should be additional scene at least even if Ben really died. Not to say that the moment of his death - when Rey is sleeping - is one of the worst ideas ever.
@special_cases

It's like the more they talk the more I'm like, "So wait... this actually is J.J. doing fake spoilers?[/i]" Because the way they're framing this there's almost becoming no other way to interpret this.

"So Ben dies, bummer. Before he's thrown down the put he has some emotional words for Rey, right?"
"No, she's asleep."
"Oh... so wait, he's one of the voices she hears in the chorus of Jedis then, yes?"
"Negative."
"... uh... o-kay. So what you're saying is that he appears as a force ghost at the end with Luke and Leia... like he's been reunited with his family!"
"No."
"This is a fakeout death and you're missing a scene, right?"
"Absolutely not."
"..."
"..."
"So he's literally never seen again, never spoken about again, and never referenced again in this film. And Rey didn't see what happened to him. Therefore NO ONE know what happened to him. That is what you are saying?"
"Yes."

I mean, I still very much think this source is in scoring (makes sense with the timing and the "seeing the whole movie" thing) but either the real resolutions of this movie have been concealed so heartily from this person, or they actually ARE being deliberately misleading. I didn't think so before, but now I'm beginning to question it, seriously.

and they would certainly not let J.J. reveal by himself that someone go his script nearly sold on ebay.
Yeah honestly... I'm really starting to wonder about this. And that's not like me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by nature.

Last edited by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 20:11; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:10

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:That's why I'm assuming that all of that or most of that is just PR. No coincidence that they wanna keep Adam away from interviews and under strict instruction not to reveal anything about Kylo's fate. It can't be just to throw him out of the story like garbage. I find the way they're promoting the movie is strange. The actors look genuinely enthusiastic in their way of promoting it contrary to the promotion of The last Jedi where I could feel that some of them were not so pleased with how different the movie was from the others. There is also a pretty agressive promotion with so many clips going out while letting all these terrible leaks coming out + letting know about the script nearly ending sold on ebay. I can't wrap my brain around all what's happening unless they know that the movie is really bad or that they want to feed in every direction. No coincidence IMO that J.J. mentioned the toxic environment of the fandom, especially the fandom menace since it looks like some really wanna see the movie fail just to trash the sequel trilogy once and for all.
@reylo1992

Yeah it’s really odd. I know it’s PR and they are obligated to sell the movie, but I think you can tell when the actors are genuinely enthusiastic or not (like you pointed out with TLJ vs this, or even GoT S8, you could tell something really fishy was up with the way the cast was behaving). Adam called the ending unique and rare and is basically itching to talk about his entire three movie arc once the movie is out. How can he even do that if his fate is left like this???

@Kylo Rey

Agree. And J.J. confirmed that the ending left no big question unsolved that would call to a new Skywalker trilogy. By the way, could it be that the shot of Rey on Achch-To is the actual ending? After all, it seems like Kylo will arrive with his ship to go facing Palpatine. And Achch-To seems to fit nowhere in a story where there are already so many planets involved. If there is any place where I could imagine Rey (and Ben) retreat, it would be there. Plus, this scene would be a nice callback to the ending of ROTJ.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 28 Nov - 20:12

@AcrosstheStars wrote:Personally, Ben aside, I’m pretty heartbroken that they’re adamant Anakin is only a voice. He and Padme are my all-time favorite SW characters, and I felt like this was my last chance to see Hayden as Anakin.  Crying or Very sad

On a side note, Ahsoka and Ezra are going to be so “What the heck?” to a lot of people. The GA has no clue who they are. I personally only know what Ahsoka sounds like because of those Forces of Destiny shorts, and Ashley Eckstein repeatedly hosting Star Wars Weekends at WDW. I know nothing about Ezra or what he sounds like. I don’t mind them doing nods to the animation fans, but including those characters while ignoring Qui-Gon? Or even Mace? Blah.
@AcrosstheStars

@Kylo Rey wrote:Tbh forget Ezra and Ahsoka, a lot of ppl won’t even realise it’s Anakin if it’s just voice only. There is so much that is just??? so?? bizarre about all this. How do you leave the final Skywalker’s fate ambiguous??? HOW
@Kylo Rey

TBH, I prefer the voices only - for me the inclusion of most of those Jedi would already pure fan service as they have no personal connection with Rey. Luckily, if that leak is true, it seems that they don’t perform any Force magic over Rey/Kylo like previously speculated but instead speak to Rey thus encouraging her in a way. I can live with that. lol!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:15

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@reylo1992

@Kylo Rey

Agree. And J.J. confirmed that the ending left no big question unsolved that would call to a new Skywalker trilogy. By the way, could it be that the shot of Rey on Achch-To is the actual ending? After all, it seems like Kylo will arrive with his ship to go facing Palpatine. And Achch-To seems to fit nowhere in a story where there are already so many planets involved. If there is any place where I could imagine Rey (and Ben) retreat, it would be there. Plus, this scene would be a nice callback to the ending of ROTJ.
@reylo1992

Achto is mentioned in the leaks and thought it was a really dumb part of the plot- she runs off to exile herself, talks to luke. Wasn't fond of this random side thing so was a little pissed to see a part of it come to life in the tvspot.

With all the blatant explicit reylo coverage we're getting, the supposed ending just seems more and more ridiculous. I mean it was super dumb even before but now... I can't take it seriously. I'm holding out we're all being trolled big time by somebody.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 28 Nov - 20:16

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:That's why I'm assuming that all of that or most of that is just PR. No coincidence that they wanna keep Adam away from interviews and under strict instruction not to reveal anything about Kylo's fate. It can't be just to throw him out of the story like garbage.  I find the way they're promoting the movie is strange. The actors look genuinely enthusiastic in their way of promoting it contrary to the promotion of The last Jedi where I could feel that some of them were not so pleased with how different the movie was from the others. There is also a pretty agressive promotion with so many clips going out while letting all these terrible leaks coming out + letting know about the script nearly ending sold on ebay. I can't wrap my brain around all what's happening unless they know that the movie is really bad or that they want to feed in every direction. No coincidence IMO that J.J. mentioned the toxic environment of the fandom, especially the fandom menace since it looks like some really wanna see the movie fail just to trash the sequel trilogy once and for all.  
@reylo1992

@Kylo Rey

Well, we need to admit that this ending is RARE and UNIQUE. Even Vader got meaningful death where he talked to Luke and then turned to be Force Ghost and smiled to his son.

---

I can believe that some people already saw final cut which is not evidence that JW's sources were these people. Because last time when JW's sources saw TLJ they misinterpreted some things and Luke's end. I think it's highly unlikely that JJ is showing a cut with uncompeleted endings just for sake of non-spoilers policy but it can happen.

We should wait to the end of first week in December. More people will see it close to 9-11 December. Then we will know. ViewAnon says he didn't hear anything which is very odd.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:17

@nickandnora wrote:
@special_cases wrote:@nickandnora Yep, 1000 % ridiculous. There is no way to sell it visually. There should be additional scene at least even if Ben really died. Not to say that the moment of his death - when Rey is sleeping - is one of the worst ideas ever.
@special_cases

It's like the more they talk the more I'm like, "So wait... this actually is J.J. doing fake spoilers?[/i]" Because the way they're framing this there's almost becoming no other way to interpret this.

"So Ben dies, bummer. Before he's thrown down the put he has some emotional words for Rey, right?"
"No, she's asleep."
"Oh... so wait, he's one of the voices she hears in the chorus of Jedis then, yes?"
"Negative."
"... uh... o-kay. So what you're saying is that he appears as a force ghost at the end with Luke and Leia... like he's been reunited with his family!"
"No."
"..."
"..."
"So he's literally never seen again, never spoken about again, and never referenced again in this film. And Rey didn't see what happened to him. Therefore NO ONE know what happened to him. That is what you are saying?"
"Yes."

I mean, I still very much think this source is in scoring (makes sense with the timing and the "seeing the whole movie" thing) but either the real resolutions of this movie have been concealed so heartily from this person, or they actually ARE being deliberately misleading. I didn't think so before, but now I'm beginning to question it, seriously.

and they would certainly not let J.J. reveal by himself that someone go his script nearly sold on ebay.
Yeah honestly... I'm really starting to wonder about this. And that's not like me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by nature.
@nickandnora

I was no conspiracy theorist at all before I was among people involved in a "fight" against a certain network. I may not be directly part of the movie industry but that opened my eyes about how a PR machine works in this industry. Telling a lie is not really a lie if it's for the sake of PR and/or pushing a certain agenda. That was one of the biggest lesson I got from this. That's why I don't believe in that story around the leaked script; John's version didn't even really matched with J.J.'s by the way. And I'm not surprised they chose John for that because John is the cool guy and unfortunately because they they tend to give the dirty job to specific people when they can. Sorry for my cynicism.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:21

@rey09 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@reylo1992

@Kylo Rey

@reylo1992

Achto is mentioned in the leaks and thought it was a really dumb part of the plot- she runs off to exile herself, talks to luke. Wasn't fond of this random side thing so was a little pissed to see a part of it come to life in the tvspot.

With all the blatant explicit reylo coverage we're getting, the supposed ending just seems more and more ridiculous. I mean it was super dumb even before but now... I can't take it seriously. I'm holding out we're all being trolled big time by somebody.
@rey09

Agree
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 28 Nov - 20:32

Both Rey and Kylo look just sexy.

Also I love that teapot behind him, looks like this is Palpy's grandpacave where he is playing old dying wizard.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Giphy-1-1486572331
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KiraRen2015 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:37

@MrsWindu maybe that's where he meets that Oracle character?
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 20:46

@nana7marie wrote:
@AcrosstheStars wrote:Personally, Ben aside, I’m pretty heartbroken that they’re adamant Anakin is only a voice. He and Padme are my all-time favorite SW characters, and I felt like this was my last chance to see Hayden as Anakin.  Crying or Very sad

On a side note, Ahsoka and Ezra are going to be so “What the heck?” to a lot of people. The GA has no clue who they are. I personally only know what Ahsoka sounds like because of those Forces of Destiny shorts, and Ashley Eckstein repeatedly hosting Star Wars Weekends at WDW. I know nothing about Ezra or what he sounds like. I don’t mind them doing nods to the animation fans, but including those characters while ignoring Qui-Gon? Or even Mace? Blah.
@AcrosstheStars

@Kylo Rey wrote:Tbh forget Ezra and Ahsoka, a lot of ppl won’t even realise it’s Anakin if it’s just voice only. There is so much that is just??? so?? bizarre about all this. How do you leave the final Skywalker’s fate ambiguous??? HOW
@Kylo Rey

TBH, I prefer the voices only - for me the inclusion of most of those Jedi would already pure fan service as they have no personal connection with Rey. Luckily, if that leak is true, it seems that they don’t perform any Force magic over Rey/Kylo like previously speculated but instead speak to Rey thus encouraging her in a way. I can live with that. lol!
@nana7marie

The voices giving her a pep talk, I’ll be honest— I hate it. If they were seen while talking, I would be more okay with it, but still find it lame. As Luke says, “This is your fight,” so I don’t need them killing Palpatine. But doing something (like bringing Ben back to life, or lifting him out of the pit...) would be my preferred way to use them.

IMO Anakin is the one who visually needed to be in this the most (Luke and Leia aside) because of Kylo/Ben. Him lacking a connection to Rey is a fair and true point, absolutely. But you have his grandson talking to his helmet and thinking he’s communicated with him in TFA, the big scene with the helmet and pillar getting destroyed in TROS, and then Anakin only shows up as a voice after his lone grandchild is supposedly murdered by the man who ruined his life? That will make me livid as a huge fan of Anakin and Kylo/Ben. He is so critical to the Kylo story, and for him to show up for Rey audibly but never bother to help his grandson would be a horrible ending in my book. You can’t introduce that talking to “Vader” angle as critical to Kylo, then never have Anakin show up for a talk with his grandson or for anything with his grandson. But JJ has made it clear in the past that he has major disdain for how the PT handled Anakin (he felt it demystified Vader too much, and that it was tragic people related to Anakin and not Luke), so I have tried to prepare myself for this possibility. I will still be really upset though. No

I’m probably rambling, LOL. But after Ben’s fate, Anakin appearing was what I’ve been most worried about, so this is really a letdown for me if it’s accurate.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Thu 28 Nov - 20:49

So The Senate wins, huh? Yikes.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Thu 28 Nov - 20:53

@rawpowah wrote:So The Senate wins, huh? Yikes.
@rawpowah

That is the crux of it if all this pans out. And the Skywalkers only help a Palpatine, but don’t do a darned thing to help Ben. Their actual relative. It’s literally the Palpatine Saga at that point. I like Rey, but this would leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

I still don’t buy that Ben dies though, and that one difference can fix most of it for me.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Nov - 20:56

I’m just really tired of bittersweet and depressing endings. Enough already. It doesn’t endear the audience and just pisses them off. If all this true, that title is gonna go down as one of the dumbest titles in movie history. We have to watch Anakin Skywalker’s bloodline murdered one by one, the last Skywalker unceremoniously dies?? while the protagonist is asleep and falls down a pit in a movie titled the RISE of Skywalker, Vader’s redemption in ROTJ, one of the best movie moments ever, is rendered useless. Palpatine succeeds in getting his revenge against the Skywalkers after he DIED (no, his descendant taking on the name is not an acceptable substitute). Might as well rename it the Palpatine saga.

And what about “I will finish what you started”?? a line JJ wrote himself? Ben Solo takes no part in helping take down the monster who tormented his family for generations. Oh, and Luke and Leia are fine with helping a random girl but failing to show up for their son/nephew, who has been newly redeemed. And then they smile at her at the end, no mention or sign they care about their son who is rotting somewhere in a pit. Wow.

It’s astonishing and actually comical how tone deaf this all is. It’s like they put in all this effort for Kylo, got bloody Harrison Ford to come back for his fictional son for god’s sake, and then it’s like they just completely gave up at the end.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 20:57

@MrsWindu wrote:@Moonlight13 Thanks for the HD version
Ooooh my gosh - I don’t know whether keep watching these TV spots or just go dark now. Screamed theme too
Is Rey on Ahch To - that’s a big ol blaze she’s looking upon. I can’t read her expression v well

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 E881ba10
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Fbc9ab10

Again there are embers floating past Kylo

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 49bca110

EDIT where is Kylo exactly looks like a round vacuum cleaner on top of a chest of drawers behind him !!?
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 9298ef10
@MrsWindu

Frankly people the more we're getting closer to the release date, the more my guts tell me that the Truth behind Reylo is actually that Ben and Rey are meant to become one single person in the end. Don't ask me why and how exactly it could happen but I feel like this scene has no place in that story other than in the very ending because why would Rey go back to Ach-To just to burn the Whisperer and then fly away to confront Palpatine or anywhere (with which ship by the way?). I would expect Kylo to burn his own ship and let the past die, yet Rey is doing it although Kylo definity goes to Palpatine flying this ship. To me, that look in her eyes screams "Let the past die". So IMO Rey will fly away with Kylo's ship after defeating Palpatine while everybody believes her to be dead.  Is Rey actually Ben in the end of the movie because she and Kylo were two sides of the same person, does Ben lives within her in some way, is Ben dead for good inside of the Whisperer or does she think he is dead but he will join her on Ach-To in the very end, that's the opened question in my mind now. I don't think Ben would be able to have a peaceful life unless he lives in a retreated place where nobody can find him. I guess there is a reason why Rey would return on that island where Luke couldn't be found for years. I'm prepared for bittersweet ending anyway.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Thu 28 Nov - 21:04

@reylo1992 wrote:
Ooooh my gosh - I don’t know whether keep watching these TV spots or just go dark now. Screamed theme too
Is Rey on Ahch To - that’s a big ol blaze she’s looking upon. I can’t read her expression v well

EDIT where is Kylo exactly looks like a round vacuum cleaner on top of a chest of drawers behind him !!?
@MrsWindu

Frankly people the more we're getting closer to the release date, the more my guts tell me that the Truth behind Reylo is actually that Ben and Rey are meant to become one single person in the end. Don't ask me why and how exactly it could happen but I feel like this scene has no place in that story other than in the very ending because why would Rey go back to Ach-To just to burn the Whisperer and then fly away to confront Palpatine or anywhere (with which ship by the way?). I would expect Kylo to burn his own ship and let the past die, yet Rey is doing it although Kylo definity goes to Palpatine flying this ship. To me, that look in her eyes screams "Let the past die". So IMO Rey will fly away with Kylo's ship after defeating Palpatine while everybody believes her to be dead.  Is Rey actually Ben in the end of the movie because she and Kylo were two sides of the same person, does Ben lives within her in some way, is Ben dead for good inside of the Whisperer or does she think he is dead but he will join her on Ach-To in the very end, that's the opened question in my mind now. I don't think Ben would be able to have a peaceful life unless he lives in a retreated place where nobody can find him. I guess there is a reason why Rey would return on that island where Luke couldn't be found for years. I'm prepared for bittersweet ending anyway.
@reylo1992

Oh, that sounds REALLY interesting.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Thu 28 Nov - 21:08

@AcrosstheStars
@AcrosstheStars wrote:The voices giving her a pep talk, I’ll be honest— I hate it. If they were seen while talking, I would be more okay with it, but still find it lame. As Luke says, “This is your fight,” so I don’t need them killing Palpatine. But doing something (like bringing Ben back to life, or lifting him out of the pit...) would be my preferred way to use them.
I’m the total opposite here cos I’d hate the Force ghosts bringing Kylo back to life - it’d be a huge thing that I feel would take away some spotlight from Rey, but I’d hate it almost equally had Rey done it - I simply dislike the idea of the Force being a kind of superpower any character holds, with resurrection being master level. If Kylos’s to die and be resurrected, I’d rather have the Force Itself bring him back to life.
@AcrosstheStars wrote:IMO Anakin is the one who visually needed to be in this the most (Luke and Leia aside) because of Kylo/Ben. Him lacking a connection to Rey is a fair and true point, absolutely. But you have his grandson talking to his helmet and thinking he’s communicated with him in TFA, the big scene with the helmet and pillar getting destroyed in TROS, and then Anakin only shows up as a voice after his lone grandchild is supposedly murdered by the man who ruined his life? That will make me livid as a huge fan of Anakin and Kylo/Ben. He is so critical to the Kylo story, and for him to show up for Rey audibly but never bother to help his grandson would be a horrible ending in my book. You can’t introduce that talking to “Vader” angle as critical to Kylo, then never have Anakin show up for a talk with his grandson or for anything with his grandson. But JJ has made it clear in the past that he has major disdain for how the PT handled Anakin (he felt it demystified Vader too much, and that it was tragic people related to Anakin and not Luke), so I have tried to prepare myself for this possibility. I will still be really upset though. No
Anakin showing up to Kylo is indeed different - they’ve never met but have a connection. He could turn up in some crucial moment with Luke - I’d still find it fan service, but it’d be fan service that makes sense. I’d love to see Han in some way, though - that’d be most meaningful for Kylo too, I believe.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Thu 28 Nov - 21:09

@reylo1992 wrote:

@MrsWindu

@reylo1992

Or maybe she steals his ship and flies away after stabbing and then healing him, if the leaks are to be believed. Getting the heck out of there, panicking at what she could become, leaving her friends behind because of the damage she sees she could do— and then burning the ship so she’s stuck there on Ahch-To, like Luke sinking his X-wing.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow on Thu 28 Nov - 21:12

If Ben dies then I need it to be confirmed. Not this never to be seen crap. If Vader got to be a force ghost then Ben should be able to be one too.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 3 Empty Spoilers and rumors

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 21:18

@Lily Snape wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:

@MrsWindu

@reylo1992

Or maybe she steals his ship and flies away after stabbing and then healing him, if the leaks are to be believed.  Getting the heck out of there, panicking at what she could become, leaving her friends behind because of the damage she sees she could do— and then burning the ship so she’s stuck there on Ahch-To, like Luke sinking his X-wing.
@Lily Snape

I would love to believe that

Last edited by reylo1992 on Thu 28 Nov - 22:27; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 28 Nov - 21:23

I'm wondering if anyone actually read Jason's article, because basically every single thing about Ben is speculation and conjecture based on what he hasn't heard. The only information he actually gives is that his sound mixing sources say there's a voice that, and I quote "Sounds like Hayden Christensen's." Then he lists the other Jedi voices that apparently are layered on top of one another, in order. He questions the inclusion of Maz Kanata's voice, because obviously, lol.

He really says very little of anything, tbh. But he can't publish an article on three lines, so...

(ie. He's talking about Anakin and Ben for clicks, you guys.)

ETA: This part is idiotic, though whether it's idiotic in the film or idiotic in the way that he or his source is putting it remains to be seen (I know which one I have my bets on though):

A fully rejuvenated Darth Sidious sits upon his stone throne on Exogol while the space battle happens above the dead world. Rey and Ben Solo lay incapacitated, used as a conduit for the Sith Lord (in a way some would consider to be unnatural). Sidious apparently weighs his options and chooses his granddaughter to be his apprentice.
He... drains them of their (whatever it is) to rejuvenate himself and THEN chooses one to be his apprentice?! Unless to Palps, apprentice means "second, spare body" (which it very well might), this... makes no sense.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum