SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by DeeBee on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 8:53 pm

@Atenais wrote:
@DeeBee - We can create a timeline thread spoiler free! (Pliz, open this thread!)
I'm posting videos and images in the first pages of this thread.

@Atenais - Okay! Here it is!!!!  cheers
Hi Everyone! Here is a thread for exploring the order of events for the movie, or sequences - drawing on only officially released content.. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!!

Here's my current general timeline I have in mind that I shared in another thread. Any issues with it you can think of?
This is a broad order based on what I'm confident in..
-Lush green location - Batuu? - training, preparing for adventure.. saying goodbye to Leia..
-?
-Desert planet - Pasaana - Poe's not injured. and  there's no D-O.
-?
-Snowy location - Kijimi - droid factory (where they pick up D-O) – Poe is not injured. Meet Zorri. Babu Frick, operate on C3PO.
-?
-Ocean moon - Kef Bir - grasslands/death star wreckage [we can see D-O is with them] - Poe is injured. Meet Jannah, orbaks etc.

-Unidentified other green location [Yavin 4?] – resistance meeting -Poe is injured, but gets better bandage on his arm.
No Rey, and Lando has arrived. maybe the location we saw Tantive IV arriving at in the trailer.. Seems to be the resistance gathering point later in the film.
Thoughts anyone?... sunny[/quote]
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1367
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 10:00 pm

@DeeBee wrote:
@Atenais wrote:
@DeeBee - We can create a timeline thread spoiler free! (Pliz, open this thread!)
I'm posting videos and images in the first pages of this thread.

@Atenais - Okay! Here it is!!!!  cheers
Hi Everyone! Here is a thread for exploring the order of events for the movie, or sequences - drawing on only officially released content.. I look forward to hearing your thoughts!!

Here's my current general timeline I have in mind that I shared in another thread. Any issues with it you can think of?
This is a broad order based on what I'm confident in..
-Lush green location - Batuu? - training, preparing for adventure.. saying goodbye to Leia..
-?
-Desert planet - Pasaana - Poe's not injured. and  there's no D-O.
-?
-Snowy location - Kijimi - droid factory (where they pick up D-O) – Poe is not injured. Meet Zorri. Babu Frick, operate on C3PO.
-?
-Ocean moon - Kef Bir - grasslands/death star wreckage [we can see D-O is with them] - Poe is injured. Meet Jannah, orbaks etc.

-Unidentified other green location [Yavin 4?] – resistance meeting -Poe is injured, but gets better bandage on his arm.
No Rey, and Lando has arrived. maybe the location we saw Tantive IV arriving at in the trailer.. Seems to be the resistance gathering point later in the film.
Thoughts anyone?... sunny
[/quote]
@DeeBee

I'm so bad with this, I have no idea where to begin! lol

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1491
Likes : 4460
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by DeeBee on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 10:45 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey - hiya!! that's okay no pressure!
If you like.. you could check when me or others suggest and let us know if you there's a reason why it doesn't work Smile
I think if I were reading spoilers I would find that super tricky.. but others may be better at separating things than I.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1367
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:00 pm

@DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - hiya!! that's okay no pressure!
If you like.. you could check when me or others suggest and let us know if you there's a reason why it doesn't work Smile
I think if I were reading spoilers I would find that super tricky.. but others may be better at separating things than I.
@DeeBee

I'm meh/agnostic with the spoilers, so they do not give me any insight. Smile Very Happy

OK, I'll try....

Just for mythic cycles, cycle of life - a journey, I think the movie begins on a desert planet, and concludes on a verdant planet. The ocean moon is the mid-way point.

Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1491
Likes : 4460
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by DeeBee on Fri 29 Nov 2019, 8:02 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - hiya!! that's okay no pressure!
If you like.. you could check when me or others suggest and let us know if you there's a reason why it doesn't work Smile
I think if I were reading spoilers I would find that super tricky.. but others may be better at separating things than I.
@DeeBee

I'm meh/agnostic with the spoilers, so they do not give me any insight. Smile Very Happy

OK, I'll try....

Just for mythic cycles, cycle of life - a journey, I think the movie begins on a desert planet, and concludes on a verdant planet.  The ocean moon is the mid-way point.

Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey - lol I like this!! cheers
It's curious that I still haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the start of the movie is on Batuu. (has anyone else seen that?!) but the other new planets have been revealed. Rey holding that red ribbon suggests it's Batuu with the wishing tree but until we see it confirmed through some official content it's open to be another planet I guess!

@reylo1992 wrote: ...Otherwise, the entire sequence on the desert planet gives me pause in general. They go to a market and she gets a necklace that she doesn't have around her neck later. Then, they escape together and get attacked. At some point, we don't why but she ends up all alone not even with her speeder, Chewie and the droid but with Kylo basically chasing her with his ship full speed like he wanna kill her. And then Kylo would appear  in front of her like a lost boy  although there is an early scene of him early  putting his mask on with the KoR behind him? It seems like the KoR are on the planet during this sequence but is there certainly that Kylo is actually there? I don't really know what to think. To me, that chase scene seems to be something else than what it appears. I tend to think that this is their first encounter through the bond and that their first actual encounter occurs when she goes destroying the Vader mask in his quarters. In the desert scene, I think he is attacking/challenging/distracting her metaphorically while being somewhere else. Seems like the desert chase with the speeders is some kind of remake of ROTJ with Rey ending up alone at some point like Leia. Then, I think the others try to find her with the Millenium Falcon thus Poe screaming "Rey" from the cliff. And I don't know what to make of Rey screaming "Chewie". Kylo doesn't seem to there at this moment. Maybe they're gonna be attacked by the KoR and Chewie gets captured. But what would be the interest of capturing Chewie in particular unless Kylo needs specific info or wants to "force" Rey to go to him? All other sequences we know about so far seem to be real encounters.
@reylo1992
-I think in all this there is some kind of force bond moment that makes everything confusing with Pasaana! It is strange that Rey could be all alone on Pasaana.
From the looks of what I've seen so far - anytime we see Rey alone on Pasaana, she is without her staff...

I might try and come back and put together in one post all the images I have of Pasaana events - maybe if we all put our heads together we can figure a little more out. just a little more ha!
hey that vanity fair mention that Orbaks are from Pasaana - has that been corrected at all?
sunny

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1367
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Pasaana Timeline...

Post by DeeBee on Fri 29 Nov 2019, 9:17 pm

We know from the tv spot that the chase on Pasaana is straight after the gang are mixing with the locals, so at least that order of events we can insert somewhere in the Pasaana sequence!

Looks like the gang arrive at the gathering of locals..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  D23_1a12
and see the party taking place..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  D23_1b13
Mixing with the locals we see Rey has been given a necklace..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Video_11
However as you point out Reylo1992 - Rey doesn't have the necklace on anymore once she's on the chase.
Maybe she takes it off and gives it to a little alien kid before she heads off. (?? lol)

We saw a moment of Rey surrounded by locals reacting to seeing something that was a threat,
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Featur11
and we have the image of Poe with his gun out surrounded by locals.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Poe_vi11
So it seems they come across something while in the crowd of locals that leads to them getting on the two ships and leaving.
So we see Rey/Chewie/BB8 leave on one ship, and Finn/Poe/C3PO on another - watched by a stormtrooper and they then start a pursuit.
It's possible to two groups get separated on the chase..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  They_f11
But.. we also have a few other likely Pasaana snippets. And I have no idea of the order.. maybe the first image I shared is after they've been in the cave?!

What else do we know about Pasaana? Looks like there is lots of searching, being on lookout..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Ehru2b10
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Finnpo14

-what's this thing Poe is standing in front of- a ship?
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot18

-We know the Knights of Ren are on the planet at some point.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Kor-111
Tell me what you think -after seeing the above image in the tv spot.. I wonder..  
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Desert11
do you think the six figures up on the top of that cliff behind the locals could be the Knights of Ren?

-We know Kylo/Ben flies his ship at Rey while she is on that planet.

It's tricky to put the events in much of an order, but I am curious about where Rey's staff goes throughout because it seems to changes hands. and then when alone she doesn't have it. This image:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Star-w17
Suggests Rey has it when she gets on the ship before the chase starts.

-At some point they are all in a cave or underground. And are confronted by something they are threatened by.. In the cave - I can't see Rey's staff- unless it is by her side low - but how could she hold it and the lightsaber lit? Here is all the images I can find of this scene:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Ew071012
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Ew081111
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Star-w18
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Featur12
(this one seems to be a behind the scenes moment lol)

maybe C3PO is holding it as there is merch with him holding it.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Advent16
I don't know that's pure speculation! lol.

oh and here's another image I've collected of the Aki-aki, Pasaana locals!
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Star-w20

Any more images floating around?
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks this will get further added to!
Any thoughts on the order of events on Pasaana everyone?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1367
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by Let The Past Die on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 4:14 am

@DeeBee wrote:We know from the tv spot that the chase on Pasaana is straight after the gang are mixing with the locals, so at least that order of events we can insert somewhere in the Pasaana sequence!

Looks like the gang arrive at the gathering of locals..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  D23_1a12
and see the party taking place..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  D23_1b13
Mixing with the locals we see Rey has been given a necklace..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Video_11
However as you point out Reylo1992 - Rey doesn't have the necklace on anymore once she's on the chase.
Maybe she takes it off and gives it to a little alien kid before she heads off. (?? lol)

We saw a moment of Rey surrounded by locals reacting to seeing something that was a threat,
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Featur11
and we have the image of Poe with his gun out surrounded by locals.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Poe_vi11
So it seems they come across something while in the crowd of locals that leads to them getting on the two ships and leaving.
So we see Rey/Chewie/BB8 leave on one ship, and Finn/Poe/C3PO on another - watched by a stormtrooper and they then start a pursuit.
It's possible to two groups get separated on the chase..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  They_f11
But.. we also have a few other likely Pasaana snippets. And I have no idea of the order.. maybe the first image I shared is after they've been in the cave?!

What else do we know about Pasaana? Looks like there is lots of searching, being on lookout..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Ehru2b10
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Finnpo14

-what's this thing Poe is standing in front of- a ship?
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot18

-We know the Knights of Ren are on the planet at some point.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Kor-111
Tell me what you think -after seeing the above image in the tv spot.. I wonder..  
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Desert11
do you think the six figures up on the top of that cliff behind the locals could be the Knights of Ren?

-We know Kylo/Ben flies his ship at Rey while she is on that planet.

It's tricky to put the events in much of an order, but I am curious about where Rey's staff goes throughout because it seems to changes hands. and then when alone she doesn't have it. This image:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Star-w17
Suggests Rey has it when she gets on the ship before the chase starts.

-At some point they are all in a cave or underground. And are confronted by something they are threatened by.. In the cave - I can't see Rey's staff- unless it is by her side low - but how could she hold it and the lightsaber lit? Here is all the images I can find of this scene:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Ew071012
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Ew081111
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Star-w18
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Featur12
(this one seems to be a behind the scenes moment lol)

maybe C3PO is holding it as there is merch with him holding it.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Advent16
I don't know that's pure speculation! lol.

oh and here's another image I've collected of the Aki-aki, Pasaana locals!
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Star-w20

Any more images floating around?
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks this will get further added to!
Any thoughts on the order of events on Pasaana everyone?
sunny
@DeeBee

Really like what you've put @DeeBee I doubt myself at timelines, I have a rough idea and it seems to match what you've put. I'm going to be super careful with my replies to you as I've seen some leaks/spoilers , it's so hard not to, so between, marketing, spoilers and my own head canon,I'm easily confused as all of it is jumbled in my head. So I'm only going to reply to specific things that you've put.

That's a good catch with the KOR in the vackdrop, it really does look like them, from the main scene of them on the rock. It seems like a lot goes down on Pasaana.

I'm also impressed with how you've chronologically speculated with Poe's arm injury, and when Rey has her staff and then doesn't. Looking forward to more of your speculation.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 256
Likes : 922
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation :

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by Atenais on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 5:40 pm

@DeeBee, great post! I keep coming here, but it's hard to say something, since I'm in the spoiler-ish threads as well. XD

Anyway, I saw something interesting in Twitter, a girl was trying to make the timeline of the white room, I hope is ok to share here.

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  White_10

Source: twitter
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 807
Likes : 3637
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty White Vader Room...

Post by DeeBee on Sat 30 Nov 2019, 6:46 pm

@Let The Past Die wrote:
@DeeBee
Really like what you've put @DeeBee I doubt myself at timelines, I have a rough idea and it seems to match what you've put. I'm going to be super careful with my replies to you as I've seen some leaks/spoilers , it's so hard not to, so between, marketing, spoilers and my own head canon,I'm easily confused as all of it is jumbled in my head. So I'm only going to reply to specific things that you've put.

That's a good catch with the KOR in the vackdrop, it really does look like them, from the main scene of them on the rock. It seems like a lot goes down on Pasaana.

I'm also impressed with how you've chronologically speculated with Poe's arm injury, and when Rey has her staff and then doesn't. Looking forward to more of your speculation.
@Let The Past Die  - thank you!! oh yeah I doubt myself too.. I figure all this stuff is always a work in progress..
thank you sooooo much for being so considerate regarding Spoilers - I really really appreciate it!
I understand it is very tricky to look at officially released content and exclude anything that's from spoilers - I experienced this with TLJ!
One reason why I've gone spoiler free for TROS. so I can have fun doing this stuff more easily lol.

@Atenais - thank you!! Oh cool to see what someone else thinks - I really don't read wider fandom or if there is somewhere else that timeline is being explored I don't know about it. lol. Partly because I'm too afraid I'll stumble over spoilers by accident.
Yes more than okay! So long as it doesn't draw on spoilers I love to read other's ideas.

I gave the white vader room timeline a bit of a go in the sequel trilogy thread. I'll copy it over here now..
@DeeBee wrote:
Something about this little moment has me curious..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  End-610
this is from the 'end' tv spot.
It looks like Rey and Kylo have a confrontation on Kijimi.
But.. she doesn't have a jacket on (and we see her with the Jacket in other snippet from Kijimi). Maybe she has taken it off or not put it on yet. lol that is possible.. but it got me wondering because the next moment we see in the tv spot is this:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  End-710
What if Rey is in Kylo/Ben's special white room on the ship, and he is on Kijimi trying to find her (as it's likely he will be trailing her at some point) and they connect through the force bond?
I wondered before if this is what's happening because Kylo/Ben doesn't usually have his mask on when alone with Rey, and that's what we saw in the trailer here:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Z_trai13
I'm also very curious that Rey doesn't have the staff in this snippet, but in the tv spot we see she has the staff when she first sees Vader's mask.
here:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  End-310
From the trailer we can just make out something else shattered on the floor before 'they' (or Rey?) attack Vader's helmet - maybe Rey is busy in this room destroying stuff, and then the force bond connects, while Kylo/Ben is in Kijimi. She goes for the helmet, he tries to stop her..

It may be the hanger is him having raced back to the ship knowing she is on it and in his weird white quarters/shrine room or whatever.. only to see her only fleetingly in the flesh at the hanger....
sunny
@DeeBee wrote:

And this??
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot13
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot14
Gives us a view from a different angle on that white vader room which we've seen a few times now:
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot15
these new angles give us a look at the right side of the room.
Where it seems something has already been smashed - which is likely what Rey is doing in the new tv spot.
In the new tv spot, you can also see that Rey has rested her staff on the  back wall there,
but in the wider vader mask view - her staff isn't there. Hmmm why would she have moved it?
Maybe the wider shot of her attacking the vader mask is not her on the destroyer in person, but her through the force bond being present while she's really somewhere else. I was thinking it was the opposite.. but maybe she visits the room twice - once in person and then once to destroy the mask through the force bond. Hmm........
it's a tricky one trying to figure things out because of the force bond. lol. it's fun too!
Anyone like to share their own thoughts?
sunny

@Atenais wrote:@DeeBee, great post! I keep coming here, but it's hard to say something, since I'm in the spoiler-ish threads as well. XD

Anyway, I saw something interesting in Twitter, a girl was trying to make the timeline of the white room, I hope is ok to share here.

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  White_10

Source: twitter
@Atenais

I agree with this person's ideas on the layout of the room....
and I hadn't identified the bowcasters behind Rey - they are right. that's exactly what it is! .. which is very interesting...
I'm guessing (at the moment!) that Rey may be in that room twice.. once in person, once via the force bond. So once with chewie around and once not.
Because what doesn't add up for me is the positioning of Rey's staff.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot10
In the wide shot destroying the vader pedestal- Rey's staff should be visible leaning on the side of that back area.
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Tvspot11
but it's clearly not there.

Interesting thoughts on Chewie not being present in some of the star destroyer snippets - it's true he is off on his own at some point..
Maybe chewie gets captured.. or.. maybe they have him pose as a prisoner (call back to A New Hope? ) so they can infiltrate the star destroyer.. hmm.. who knows but fun to explore ideas!

the latest tv spots have given us more Poe moments where his bicep is visible.. so when I have time I'll come back to his timeline and I'm hoping it can inform the overall timeline of the movie.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1367
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Empty Re: SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]

Post by DeeBee on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 5:16 am

I'm continuing to find unintentional references to leaks on this forum outside of spoilers threads... and once I've read it I can't unread it...
Sadly, I think I'm going to need to say byeeeeee till the forum splits into non-spoilers or till I've seen the movie..
SPOILER FREE: TROS Timeline Discussions [based on official released content only]  Giphy
I hope everyone is enjoying themselves in the lead up! Not long now!

sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1367
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum