Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AcrosstheStars on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:15 pm

I saw that this morning and cringed myself (particularly on the Poe part). In fairness, she can’t say anything about Ben in that answer, regardless of what happens to him. That would spoil Kylo turns to the Light.
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:15 pm

@PalmettoBlue I think it's obvious that JJ is saying that there is something cool and spectacular will happen to Kylo during this movie, which is not indication that a character 1. gets happy ending 2. will live. It was early marketing and I don't understand how one can expect to JJ give away that the villain gets redeemed and gets HEA in interview with pretty candid description like "fun". JJ never mentioned any endings here, right?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:18 pm

I didnt mean to bring folks down, sorry!

It's true, she could just be trying not to spoil.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:21 pm

@Gemini Okay, this doesn’t bother me at all - they’ve been saying that for a while now. Even though it’s eyeroll-worthy as they didn’t do a job good enough with showing that, Poe in particular, as Finn is indeed Rey’s first friend. But family isn’t just about friendship, it’s also about love, about kids, about your relatives. It doesn’t have to be about it all, but with the talk about ‘strong women characters that need no men’ and the way Rey’s been written, it’d be a bad choice to not give her a love interest... or to kill him.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:26 pm

@Saracene wrote:I think that, looking at it in isolation from everything else, I could live with Kylo’s ending; I’d much prefer him to live and not have a RotJ rehash, but I’m sure it would be a powerful memorable death and Adam would act the sith out of it.

But as an ending to the family saga and especially the OT heroes, it’s such a downer. It’s just a completely different story when it’s your son/nephew who dies rather than your father; who on earth wants their child to die young and join them in the afterlife?? And if they’re going to sell it like Luke and Leia are happy in the end because Rey takes on the Skywalker name... er no.
@Saracene

It's particularly yikes because in the movie itself apparently they make a point of Leia being terrified that her child is going to die. So by killing him, her nightmare becomes reality Laughing . Why even make that a point at all? Playing her vision/nightmare in such a straightforward way is bizarre. And I'm sorry, but no amount of "he died for love" or "that's how all Skywalkers die" is going to make it easier to swallow.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:27 pm

@giaciak2

I am excited for Witcher will be tuning in.. but I am more excited for Dune.. the cast is off the hook and  Director.. Denis Villnueve is going to kill it

Oscar Issac is playing Duke Leto..

Timothee Chalamet is Paul and Zendaya, the girl he dreams of on a desert planet Chani

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 8739905

IT IS GOING TO ROCK..

Dune was a major inspiration for Star Wars.. and the books are written so nothing can be changed and no flying off the seat of the pants.

Little Women and Cats are on my list of much watches this season...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:30 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:It's particularly yikes because in the movie itself apparently they make a point of Leia being terrified that her child is going to die. So by killing him, her nightmare becomes reality Laughing . Why even make that a point at all? Playing her vision/nightmare in such a straightforward way is bizarre. And I'm sorry, but no amount of "he died for love" or "that's how all Skywalkers die" is going to make it easier to swallow.
@Piper Maru
Claps
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:34 pm

Disney have made a big mistake delaying the release of the Art book.
Post this mess, no one will want to buy it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:38 pm

What happens with Kylo is “pretty fun.”

Okay - so, he doesn’t have to have a happy ending. He can be EXACTLY LIKE HIS GRANDFATHER. A very satisfying ending.

Except, to my mind, it’s not. Not even a little bit. A modern fairy tale in the tradition of fairy tales such as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tangled all have something in common: Happy endings.
This is Disney. At Christmas. With the end of 42 year saga. It makes no financial sense to have the scion of the Skywalkers die forever.
Until I see it with my own two eyes, I’m going to be optimistic about the end of this film.
Absolute worst case scenario is seeing Ben die, and Rey have his kids (a la [i]Rebels[i] with Hera and Kanaan. But, they’ve already done that. So - no, I don’t think that’s coming either.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:44 pm

@Piper Maru

off-topic but is your name from X-Files?

justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:49 pm

Will we share spoilers from Reylo Twitter Lady and others here or in another thread?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:53 pm

@justyou wrote:
@Piper Maru

@justyou

Yes! Hahahahahaha
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:54 pm

@special_cases wrote:Will we share spoilers from Reylo Twitter Lady and others here or in another thread?
@special_cases
That’d be like a confirmation so maybe that special section would be best?
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:55 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@justyou wrote:
@Piper Maru

@justyou

Yes! Hahahahahaha
@Piper Maru

That was my first great tv love and ship.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:57 pm

@justyou wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@justyou wrote:
@Piper Maru

@justyou

Yes! Hahahahahaha
@Piper Maru

@justyou

Same, my friend.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 3:58 pm

@spacebaby45678

I'm very interested in this movie, if you open a thread remember to tag me.

@PalmettoBlue @motherofpearl1 @Gemini

I have to tell the truth, even reading all Canon books, Ben's death would be meaningless.

Things are two (2):
1) kill him because they want make a new movie where Rey brings him back to life ... (read milking cow ...)
2) have books and comics ready (read milking cow)
3) milk cow
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 4:00 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@justyou wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@justyou wrote:
@Piper Maru

@justyou

Yes! Hahahahahaha
@Piper Maru

@justyou

Same, my friend.
@Piper Maru

I loved them too. I still sing the song ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 4:28 pm

Wow, so many things in the last 24h...and more to come! Help

Some weeks ago I thought I would stay away from social media to avoid any spoilers but now....it seems I need some real leaks to feed me positively lol I don't know what to think, I'm really afraid of seeing our Kylo getting a hopeless ending.

Definitely, I will be checking reactions about the premiere...
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 5:00 pm

Hi my fellow Reylos Smile Last (long) post from me until I go to the theaters on Wednesday. I don't want to waste surprise, no matter how it turns out. I just want y'all to know that it's has been a fun ride all along and that I find it too bad that we feel so nervous, even before we get any confirmation or watch the movie with our own eyes. I don't expect the movie to follow all the nice scenarios I have made up in my mind. What counts most in the end is that I come out from the theater with the feeling that this ST  gave a coherent ending to the Skywalker arc and a real added-value to the story. I choose to believe only official infos I have seen with my own eyes and until now marketing has fulfilled  all my expectations in terms of coherency of the story, confirming btw the general lines we've pointed out alltogether for 4 years despite scepticism from the antis:
1. We've said for years that Ben was the victim of the  Big Bad who was manipulating strings from his birth because of his name, pointing out references to movies like Sleeping Beauty. This is what DLF gave us:

2. We've said for years that Reylo would be the heart of the story as representation of yin/yang and were equally important protagonists despite the antis maintaining that Kylo was the villain. DLF gave us a hashtag worth of 1 billion, Rian materialized the Force Bond and the crew constantly insists on how much they complete each other
3. We've said for years that they were Space Beauty and the Beast as Anidala in Reverse. This is what DLF gave us, ton of posters like this one :
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 51tbva11

Everything point to the direction that DLF knew what they were doing with this dynamic. The political context may have evolved in 4 yeard but they still to this day promote these two together, still play on romantic undertones and have Daisy say that Rey desperately wants to belong. So I don't see why I should fear that they changed the entire arc in a way that would be  incoherent for the entire story and for that dynamic, even if 2019 made me very aware of the political context in Hollywood. We shall see how I will feel in the theaters but I'm determined not to go there either with high expectations or big pessimism like I did for TLJ. It was an important part of my life these last years and followed me during very difficult times in a way that I can totally relate to the inner struggle of these two characters. But in the end, it's a great story coming to an end and I feel that the best way to honor it is simply to enjoy the ride until the end. Personally, I can be ok with most ending scenario as long as it makes sense in the bigger story of this arc. It depends very much of the Truth behind the connection and how Rey fits exactly in this story. As I have repeatedly said, I don't care much from which lineage Rey come from as long as she is given her own importance in the story without undermining the importance of any other character of the franchise (especially Anakin and Ben). If I had any fear that that political context would play a bigger role than coherency, it definitely went away with the simple line "I have been every voice you've ever heard inside your head", because it made clear that DLF is aware that this story is all about the Big Bad trying to prevent Skywalker to bring balance.

@giaciak2 I am sorry that I didn't take the time these last days to answer to your post but I want you to know that I love your theory. I have no clear idea about who Rey is but until the movie tells me otherwise, I still believe that most important part of her backstory is closely related with Ben's and that her profund connection can't be explained just because of any lineage. The idea that Ben and Rey could be some reincarnation of Anakin and Padme is something I can relate to. I have always believed that if TROS would insert flashbacks, Darth Plagueis' scene and Padme's death scene would be the key scenes to exploit in order to explain how some character could maintain themselves alive. I have always believed that she and Anakin formed a bond before her death (maybe due to her pregnancy) because of the scene where she seems to feel his presence and they both look at each other from distance. More important, I have also always believed that she died because Anakin unwillingly drained her energy to maintain himself alive and that the good in him left was her  sort of living within him. Now, I'm not saying that Rey is the reincarnation/clone of Padme but indeed that she carries a piece of Ben for some reason. That's why I find her introduction scene with BB8 interesting: BB8 was given a key piece of map because it would be safer for with him, was said to run away until Poe comes back to him, nearly got captured and came close to be sold to Plutt. The parallels with Sleeping Beauty point me to the direction that Palpatine found a way to control Kylo by making him estinguish most light within while keeping little light enough to make him a conflicted villain who wouldn't overthrow him for power like Anakin planned to do. Depending on circumstances in which that could have happened, maybe Rey was conceived or she got this Force energy for some reason.  What is strange is that her power remained dormant as if it was meant to be. So it raises the question whether it happened because Sidious wanted her to remain asleep or Luke/Lor San Tekka/Jedi ghosts actually took an active part in this in order to checkmate, a little like the good fairies predicting that Aurora would suffer the curse but get saved.

I find interesting that you mention the fact that according to the Bible, Eve was created from Adam's rib. Since there are some many things alluding to Anakin and Ben both as Space Jesus and/or Space Adam, I guess that Rey is meant to represent this female counterpart as Space Maria Magdalena and/or Space Eve. Frankly, I have a hard time to imagine that they would justify a Space Marie Magdalena/Space Eve suddenly showing up out of nowhere years after Anakin was supposed to bring balance as the Chosen One. So my idea is that since Sidious didn't completely die on the Death Star, Anakin didn't completely die either. IMO, his Force energy was passed through the only female human being on Endor at the time of his death: his daughter Leia. From that, your idea that Rey would be the female Chosen One "created" from Ben's energy like Eve created from Adam's rib makes sense in my mind. J.J. stressed that the emotional heart of her journey is her connection with Kylo Ren and your remark about the shapes in the mirror scene too make sense in my mind. I agree through with @spacebaby45678 that they still have to explain from which womb she was born and with @Gemini that Palpatine will certainly play on her biggest weakness: her desperate need to know who her parents are/were. I tend to see Palpatine as the Star Wars version of all Disney witches from Maleficent to Gothel, even more after the last clip. So the idea that Rey would be the granddaughter of Palpatine although she didn't form any emotional bond with him prior to the confrontation in the throne room doesn't make much sense to me. Basically, they can make her a relative of anyone they want even in case of immaculate conception like Anakin: maybe she only has a mother like Anakin but they still have to tell who her mother was. A long lost descendant of Prime Jedi would make the most sense to me if she has to be related to anyone important while having her own importance but I am not married to that theory either. So my prayers go to Rey Kenobis.  

As for Ben dying, I have made my peace with possibility of bittersweet outcome a long time ago. I personally would find sad but beautiful to have Ben fulfilling what Anakin couldn't but paying it with his life for good: finding the way to keep alive the woman he loves by a true act of love not an act of power. Of course, I would feel sad that Rey ends like a single lady forever but an ending a la Romeo & Juliet is just out of question: if both would die, it would be the final word in the story of Skywalker.  We must be aware that unless Ben and Rey find a way to go back in the past before all went wrong (why not as Anakin and Padme), he will probably have no other choice but hiding - and have Rey and their kids share his fate - until the end of his life. Maybe we will get an ending like Pirate of Caribean and Rey will be given some opportunity to have Ben by her side and why not kids with her. After all, we don't know what could happen when they finally share a real Force Bond moment. Given the parallels with Sleeping Beauty, I tend to believe that the Force awakens referred to both Rey and Ren as two sides of the Chosen One. So maybe that the lines "no one's ever really gone" and "the Force will be with you, always" is meant to refer to Ben still living with(in) her in the end. I guess that we will get more context about Rey's new life in an after credit scene.  Whatever the scenario, I hope we'll enjoy that last ride. See you on Wednesday. The Force has been with us
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 Tenor15

Last edited by reylo1992 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 5:19 pm

I have been coming to terms with Ben possibly giving his life for the woman he loves and not being resurrected. But it seems we are going to get a kiss.
I love opera but really I want my Disney fairytale ending.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by OrionStars on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 5:31 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I never saw Avengers Infinity War on learning Loki"s fate.
@motherofpearl1

Technically Loki is alive, and so do the other characters
Spoiler:
such as Gamora, Spidey, ...etc...Marvel can bring back all the "dead" character because they have time travel
and GA accept that trick. No one's ever really gone in...MCU. cheers
OrionStars
OrionStars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 5:38 pm

@reylo1992 Your post made me move. A galaxy of love for you. See you tomorrow I love you <3
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 5:46 pm

Guy look here
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 6b02c210
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 6:11 pm

Sith holocron from TROS. I hope I can post it here? It's from promo video, not a shot from the movie.

Spoiler:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 BhEfcdByekyI6DqtVXtwfy0M1Tvkp8Inhkvr3-czCQg

Last edited by whisperingwillow on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler tags added)
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 6:16 pm

@special_cases wrote:Sith holocron from TROS. I hope I can post it here? It's from promo video, not a shot from the movie.

Spoiler:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 14 BhEfcdByekyI6DqtVXtwfy0M1Tvkp8Inhkvr3-czCQg
@special_cases

The fact that they’re selling those in FL and CA makes so much more sense now. Laughing  I haven’t gotten to go to Galaxy’s Edge yet, but from what I remember friends saying, if you put them together you got different messages, and if you put one of these with a Jedi holocron, you got a warning. I want to say from Yoda?
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum