Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:24

@special_cases wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Oh no.. I think RJ threw out JJ's ideas and refused to explain them.

Luke's epic moment?
Snoke ( who and were did this big bad come from )
Rey ( who is she ) sibiling or related
Finn ( force sensitive or not )

Nothing JJ set up mattered to RJ.. and JJ gave the same to him right back.. just listen to the reviews out there..
@spacebaby45678

I'm sorry but do you purposefully ignore full statements from JJ just to justify your headcanon that RJ is responsible for everything you dislike? JJ just said that he left open possibilities to other writers to follow. What is not clear here? This is the OPPOSITE of set up. Rian Johnson didn't threw any major ideas. JJ is self-proclaimed patron of mystery box and he literally SAID THAT HE WANTED OTHER WRITERS TO CHOSE. If you believe that Rey wanted to make related, lol, then he always wanted to make you Palpatine, and not Kenobi. Like he did in the last movie.
@special_cases

I am not just blaming RJ.. sorry.. I am pretty sure that Rey Palps was Terrio decision from the interview that is circulating on twitter..
Terrio and JJ chose together.. and that sucks..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Official TROS Spoilers discussion

Post by vinventure12 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:26

Honestly, guys, I'm two seconds away of just leaving the fandom for good. I keep seeing on FB people are happy Ben died because there was no other choice, since if he lived, he would be executed. Like there was no other way but his death. And people are trashing Reylo, that Rey kissed him not because she loved him, but because she was thankful for what he did for her. Other people disgusted by Reylo, Kylo Ren is an abuser and Rey shouldn't love him, he's a space nazi, blah, blah, blah. It's just we have dealt with all this crap for four years and I was really hoping the last movie would allow people to see that it's not too late to turn your life around and find redemption. But no, redemption always ends in death because that's what they deserve.

Sigh.

I'm so tired. I am so sick of all this – "Well, you did bad and can never be forgiven or accepted again! Too bad." – kind of mentality. I'm American and I f****ing hate how this kind of belief is so popular here. It's all about retribution and justice with death and cancel culture and you can't change and we won't accept you even if you try to be a better person. I'm religious, and it pisses me off to see this kind of mentality from people who are religious! Mostly my friends and some family members. Man, the parable of the prodigal son is something they need to read.

I guess at the end of the day, while I'm a huge Reylo, I am first and foremost a Ben Solo stan. And it breaks my heart to see that people are yelling how he wasn't worthy of his family and that he deserved to die.
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 21 Dec - 21:26

JJ needs to own the choices he made. I would respect him more if he did.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 21 Dec - 21:30

@Gemini wrote:
@special_cases wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Oh no.. I think RJ threw out JJ's ideas and refused to explain them.

Luke's epic moment?

Nothing JJ set up mattered to RJ.. and JJ gave the same to him right back.. just listen to the reviews out there..
@spacebaby45678

I'm sorry but do you purposefully ignore full statements from JJ just to justify your headcanon that RJ is responsible for everything you dislike? JJ just said that he left open possibilities to other writers to follow. What is not clear here? This is the OPPOSITE of set up. Rian Johnson didn't threw any major ideas. JJ is self-proclaimed patron of mystery box and he literally SAID THAT HE WANTED OTHER WRITERS TO CHOSE. If you believe that Rey wanted to make related, lol, then he always wanted to make you Palpatine, and not Kenobi. Like he did in the last movie.
@special_cases

JJ said he had gut instincts about where it should go. He said RJ did not follow up on them and went in a totally different direction. He then said after TLJ he was stressed by the lack of planning (not from RJ) but by Disney and the lack of a plan and allowing directors to have different takes.

He then took it in another direction as well. Bad idea.

I just cant buy the yarn spinning of RJs take being a good idea in the middle of a trilogy

I cant say it was good for not following some threads laid before. It was a bad idea that Disney did not stop the free reign, even with JJ and TROS and yes Rian Johnson as well. Sorry.

Disney truly, truly f**** up with allowing free reign with everyone when it was meant to be one story across 3 movies

I'm sorry  I just want a cohesive story

Had RJ done all 3, it would be fine

I have no problem with his creative vision. I have a problem with it disrupting he story and taking it in a totally different directions.

I have problems with lack of control and planning when it comes to a trilogy which is supposed to be one story. Not a beginning, wild left turn and then a wild right turn. Its BS
@Gemini

You gotta be kidding me... I too had gut instincts about TROS and JJ didn't follow them. A lot of people had gut instincts about TLJ and most of these instincts were towards opposite directions. When you're setting up something as a writer, you're carefully taking your "gut instincts" and then putting them into text. That's how "set-up" is born.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 21:31

@Birdwoman wrote:JJ needs to own the choices he made. I would respect him more if he did.
@Birdwoman

Disney just needs to explain why it was all a f**** up.

I honestly blame them, I blame KK and Disney for mishandling it.

Someone above needed to put their freaking foot down about the direction and not go in different directions with the 8th and 9th installment.

It has resulted in.a terribly disjointed trilogy and each movie seems like 3 totally different stories with different messages and themes.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 21 Dec - 21:32

@rey09 wrote:And I've seen just as many ppl love the idea of Rey Nobody. Rey Palpatine is a cool idea but implemented wrong. But no doubt, Rey Nobody has the greatest message. But hey they weren't thinking about message. They only cared about doing big cool things.

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to even talking about theme and message yet. This is a big one and it's really a problem in this movie (the absence of them). The biggest theme SEEMS to be about choice, and being able to choose your own path/destiny/identity. Which is fine. But it's not really heavily threaded throughout. And then because they weren't thinking too deeply about themes and messages that follow from them, the messages we CAN unintentionally infer if we think for more than a second are deeply, deeply problematic because they are basically the antithesis of what they tout as Star Wars CENTRAL theme: Hope. This was their fatal error. Fatal. FATAL. As in, potentially fatal to the reception of the whole saga over time. That part is the biggest shame.

@MindAndMagic wrote: I'm seeing Knives Out tomorrow and based on what I've heard, will surely enjoy myself.
You will indeed! Of course I'm biased because it's my favourite genre (detective fiction, be still my heart). Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vinventure12 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:35

@Gemini wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:JJ needs to own the choices he made. I would respect him more if he did.
@Birdwoman

Disney just needs to explain why it was all a f**** up.

I honestly blame them, I blame KK and Disney for mishandling it.

Someone above needed to put their freaking foot down about the direction and not go in different directions with the 8th and 9th installment.

It has resulted in.a terribly disjointed trilogy and each movie seems like 3 totally different stories with different messages and themes.

@Gemini

I think what it all comes down to is that there really was no plan after all. When RJ was asked if he had an overall arc to work with that LF mapped out, he said no, that KK let him write what he wanted. It was so insane, that I told myself there was no way that can possibly be true. But alas, it was. No cohesion or clear vision is what really made this ST mediocre at best, and a flaming piece of dog crap at worst.
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 21:35

@special_cases

He says he had gut instincts about where it should have gone in the end. But no one above ensured certain elements remain intact.

As a result we have a mismatch of movies. JJ spat on RJ and his own damn vision with slaughtering Ben and making rey the literal daughter of satan taking what should have been Bens.

Set up, wild left turn middle, wild right turn ending.

I think RJ should have respected what came before with TFA and JJ should have respected TLJ and his own movie. He did neither.

At least if someone above like KK had put her foot down, that way there would be a cohesive story over all 3 movies.

Last edited by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 21:38; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:36

@special_cases wrote:While I think that JJ is responsible for this mess, I suspect that Iger was genius mastermind behind this direction.

Did you watch Popcorn interview with JJ when he joked that if you hate TROS, he will respect you and if you love it, he will question your sanity. Good joke. In my language, there is a saying: "Every joke is partly a joke [ because everything else is just a truth]"
Remember the interview not long ago when Iger practically said he was looking forward to going ahead without the Skywalkers?

I can't help but wonder if GL would have sold Disney Lucasfilm if he'd realised they'd destroy the legacy characters?
I'm just sad to think the franchise now belongs to people who despise it yet have the nerve to cannibalise by for their own profit.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 21 Dec - 21:39

@vinventure12

I have seen mixed reactions and antis gonna hate...but the fans that aren't Reylo's liked Kylo's arc the most and also thought his death was a wasted opportunity.

I personally would've made him fake his death and going undercover - not as a hermit like Luke or Yoda, but going on missions trying to help rebuilding democracy or even fighting slavery. Making amends. Would've make such good EU material.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by madeinmn on Sat 21 Dec - 21:40

@Libra Vibora wrote:
@Mila95 wrote:
@special_cases wrote:@Mila95 "Siblings possibility" is very funny because Rachel's role was open to all races and the second actress who was close to getting this role was not white. I guess JJ did want make Han a cheater lol!
@special_cases

They absolutely weren't making her a Solo or Skywalker, they can lie all the want now to keep pander to the Rian ruined JJ's ideas crowd that the whole movie is dedicated to anyway. I do believe he wanted Palpatine tho and that was an option from the start and then Rian didn't go with it but he shoehorned it in. I also think it's possible random is what they truly wanted but kept it open in case it got a bad reaction like it did.
@Mila95

Yeah, I'm not buying that they were making Rey a Solo or Skywalker, either. They were clearly angling for her to be the child of a legacy character, but I doubt Skywalker or Solo were options. I suspect either that Rey Kenobi or Rey Palpatine were on the table, but Rian flubbed things up for them with his Rey Nobody reveal and they weren't happy with the decision and incredibly blindsided by it. Don't get me wrong: this isn't me disparaging Rian or hating on Rey Nobody. I like the Rey Nobody reveal, but I can easily see Abrams and Terrio being absolutely stunned as to how to work with Rey Nobody since they think organic conflict can only be produced by Rey being attached some type of legacy.

Now as for Rey Palpatine, I actually like the idea on paper and think a beautiful message could've come from the concept, such as how anyone can be a hero, including one who comes a family with a tainted legacy such as Palpatine's. Rey Palpatine could also serve as poetic symmetry: a Palpatine brought a Skywalker to the darkside, but now the new generation of Palpatine is bringing a Skywalker back into the light. And you could have Rey dealing with her anger and loneliness and in lieu of discovering her lineage, fear she's giving in to the "evil" of her family line and even give in a little to her inner darkness because she feels it's inevitable due to her "evil genes" until she's pulled back by Ben and her friends.  

But alas, Abrams is gonna Abrams. :/
@Libra Vibora

Oh my gosh what a cluster f*** TROS is turning out to be. Here is an interview from March 2016 where Daisy debunks Rey Solo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFaKca16dVo

So yeah saying NOW that maybe siblings may have been where the story could go....UGH JJ you are a coward afraid of what - the militant feminists who crapped all over Reylo's and spooked Daisy into bringing up the words "toxic" and "abuse" every time she was asked about Rey/Kylo relationship...pfffftttt done with him Mad

Edit to add: I am not a TLJ lover, but I truly respect all of you here who are. You have made me see things about the movie that I would never have thought of on my own and for that I thank you. But, to this day I still can't watch the third act of TLJ....I really do not get RJ's choices for Ben making him a maniacal bat-sh!t crazed teenager and Rey goes missing for minutes and minutes....it almost made me quit believing in redemption and Reylo....but that's just my issue Very Happy

Last edited by madeinmn on Sat 21 Dec - 21:48; edited 1 time in total

madeinmn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vinventure12 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:42

@Night Huntress wrote:@vinventure12

I have seen mixed reactions and antis gonna hate...but the fans that aren't Reylo's liked Kylo's arc the most and also thought his death was a wasted opportunity.

I personally would've made him fake his death and going undercover - not as a hermit like Luke or Yoda, but going on missions trying to help rebuilding democracy or even fighting slavery. Making amends. Would've make such good EU material.
@Night Huntress

Exactly! The galaxy is so vast, he could've just gotten lost in it and blended in. Maybe grow a little beard. The little one Adam can grow, anyway. Man, it would've been such good EU material! We were robbed!
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 21 Dec - 21:42

Back from my second screening. I wanted to give it another chance. I will also go with my parents in France because I want my mom to see Ben Solo, but it will be hard.

Some parts are better on second view, but yeah, there are parts that are painfully irritating for me. And the extreme between the two was worse for me this time around. It’s exhausting. The OT nostalgia of it makes me sick. I keep remembering what Scott Mendelson says about TRoS, how it caters to the old geeks who are robbing the movies from today’s kids and TRoS does feel like being at lunch with people in their 40s and 50s (I am 44) whining on how it was better back then.

The RotJ copycat sequences in the final battle are so annoying that I wanted to leave, but yeah there are the Ben / Rey scenes and these are precious. I cannot even see the MF anymore without wanting it to burn already. Now I am certain Finn wanted to tell Rey he is FS, but does he have to follow Rey around like that and yell “Rey” like someone is ripping his heart out? Why is it so important that she knows before their potential death, anyway. Pathetic is the only word that comes to my mind. However, I still like Poe. Like really. OI has a super comic timing. I still felt total emptiness after Ben’s death. I think I will never fully be ok with it. And I really paid attention, but I see no indication that Ben lives in her. I just see the FG old twins on Tattoine with the two suns which has zero relevance for Rey, Ben or even Leia but Universe forbids we don’t get that rehash in this generation’s trilogy ending. Yes, I know twin suns for the FG twins and the dyad Rey-Ben, but honestly no one in the GA will make the connection. Besides the first time you see the twin suns in SW, Luke was not even meant to have a twin. And again, JJ fully ignored that RJ already gave the twin sun ending for Luke in TLJ and that was relevant and beautiful. Some good things I noticed more. Like how Rey looks super frightened when Palps is absorbing their bond’s life force and Ben is just clenching his teeth like he’s used to be mistreated - he was by Snoke. I saw it the first time too, but I absorbed the detail more this time. These are details that I like. And I hadn’t realized they really use the word “dyad” the first time. I am pretty sure most people won’t hear it let alone understand it.

If JJ is indeed starting that game of blaming RJ, he will not see another penny from me for any of his future projects. It’s no one’s fault, if you are a lousy storyteller, dude. There I said it out loud because I am tired of being polite.

As you can see, TRoS a second time around made me even more mad Very Happy Still, I think, that if anyone hasn’t seen it, go watch it once. Just to be sure. Seeing Ben Solo on a big screen is worth it. And Rey is also good when the character is allowed to breathe. And there is also Poe Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:44

@vinventure12 wrote:Honestly, guys, I'm two seconds away of just leaving the fandom for good. I keep seeing on FB people are happy Ben died because there was no other choice, since if he lived, he would be executed. Like there was no other way but his death. And people are trashing Reylo, that Rey kissed him not because she loved him, but because she was thankful for what he did for her. Other people disgusted by Reylo, Kylo Ren is an abuser and Rey shouldn't love him, he's a space nazi, blah, blah, blah. It's just we have dealt with all this crap for four years and I was really hoping the last movie would allow people to see that it's not too late to turn your life around and find redemption. But no, redemption always ends in death because that's what they deserve.

Sigh.

I'm so tired. I am so sick of all this – "Well, you did bad and can never be forgiven or accepted again! Too bad." – kind of mentality. I'm American and I f****ing hate how this kind of belief is so popular here. It's all about retribution and justice with death and cancel culture and you can't change and we won't accept you even if you try to be a better person. I'm religious, and it pisses me off to see this kind of mentality from people who are religious! Mostly my friends and some family members. Man, the parable of the prodigal son is something they need to read.

I guess at the end of the day, while I'm a huge Reylo, I am first and foremost a Ben Solo stan. And it breaks my heart to see that people are yelling how he wasn't worthy of his family and that he deserved to die.
@vinventure12

I'm also very religious and understand where you coming from. But I also think religious people pick and choose who deserve redemption based on who they like or not, which I find gross. It's not consistent. I think the main issue with ppl hating Kylo redemption is they never showed his sad life story. Background is sooo crucial for characters like him. You HAVE to visualize this victimhood in his younger years to evoke sympathy. I think an excellent example was from Stranger Things in recent season, a terrible character who we got to see his childhood and wow people immediately loved him from hating him. It was so beautifully done and I remember thinking I so badly want for Kylo to have this.

@nickandnora

I think ultimately their *only* message is “girl power” let’s make our girl rey the biggest and only hero. Let’s ignore the actual Skywalker in this story who has been abused his whole life. I'm all for bad*** girl power but not at the expense of paying respect to a character who has been through so much no matter what sex.

I've really been thinking about how this story could have been better overall. They could have easily had a story that created new lore with one character and death with the old thru Ben.

If they did Rey Palpatine they should’ve started from TFA. We would learn about Palpatine and her parents and see her grapple with dark side. One thing I was thinking about was what was her mother's maiden name?? Idk if this is true but heard ppl say that her mother didn’t like the sith ways and she’s the reason her father turned against palms? Idk. But damn if thats true, they missed big boat with her mother. What was her maiden’s name? She could have easily taken her mom’s name at the end. That would be her respecting the good of her family, and esp her parents WHO DIED FOR HER. iIt would have been Rey's story with HER family. With that we'd get so much- we'd get an old villain, but also a few new characters related to him. People are so interested now in Palp's son for good reason. That's why mutligeneral sagas are great, because the nature of the familial relationships from one generation to another is fascinating (see new Watchmen series).

They missed so much opportunity with Ben. Had he turned earlier we could have seen him reclaim his old life- he could have gotten him piloting the falcon, talking to chewie etc.

But no, they just completely ignore he was actually a skywalker and make a fake one. It’s such a nauseating story honestly. They had 0 imagination.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer on Sat 21 Dec - 21:45

@Libra Vibora wrote:I think FS!Finn was Abrams caving to JB and the worst of Finn's fanbase.

Well, I figure that the book is being written now that reveals that Finn is Mace Windu's grandson.

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Luke's epic moment?

I honestly want to understand what you mean.

1. How was Luke's epic moment referred to in TFA?
2. Snoke - I don't agree, but I understand this objection.
3. Rey - Rian *did* answer this, so I don't understand.
4. Finn - I never thought Finn was force-sensitive. In fact, if I had seen TROS without having read spoilers, I never would have guessed it from TROS. I would have thought he wanted to tell her he had feelings for her. That's the kind of thing you say when you're being sucked into quicksand, not "I have the Force, but I can't do anything without it right now, but maybe if I'd told you earlier and then we could have Forced our way out of this!"
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vinventure12 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:47

And is anyone else feeling like a clown for putting time and research and writing beautiful theories and meta? Also trying to figure out the symbolism the directors were putting into the movies so we can pick up on foreshadowing and where the story was going to go? I think that's why some of us are pointing to our gut feelings and believing that the things we saw in the movies were pointing it toward going this way in the story. But there was no plan! I feel like an idiot for thinking there ever was. The symbolism was pointless, foreshadowing was just them creating pretty visuals and trying their hand at character development. I should just buy a big red clown nose and walk around wearing it for the rest of my life.
vinventure12
vinventure12
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 21 Dec - 21:47

Fortunately I enjoyed it , this last episode, but I recognize very well that 99% of the criticisms I have heard are true and objective. Everything is in personal taste.
from a technical point of view, rules of writing, rules of editing, this film is lacking and I don't want to appeal to objectivity because cinema is subjective

tastes are unfathomable, each with the right to be liked or not what he wants according to the circumstances.
I liked this last episode but I find many flaws, that as the last film of the saga, like LucasFilm, like Disney these mistakes should not be made.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 21:55

I wish either JJ was given the whole trilogy or RJ was given the whole trilogy.

Personally would have liked to have seen TFA excellent themes and narrative continued with JJ behind the wheel.

People are ripping into JJ but without him you would have no Kylo Ren at all or Reylo. It's his brainchild that gave you the characters you loved in the first place. Its his film that got you invested in this story and reylonin the first place if you are an OG. His incredible creation of characters and subtext. At least TFA should be respected on that level, at least. I'm personally getting sick of all the JJ hatred alone. You wouldn't even have RJs take on Rey and Kylo if JJ did  not create TFA in the first place.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 21 Dec - 21:57

Just had some more random thoughts- so Richard E Grant said this was mythmaking , influenced by the bible and JJ said to daisy more or less the same thing before signing her up ( Star Wars being religion) and on that ground it does deliver . Not only whole skywalker being the chosen one ( now confirmed by visual
Dictionary that Kylo/Ben was on Mustafar ( meaning chosen one in Arabic ) and tying in with whole trinity but we’ve possible got another Virgin Force pregnancy . Initially I was on the fence about it as a possibility but then I looked into the Magnificat and other texts to
See what’s going on here with passing the life force /spirit and there are a lot of parallels . So palps says the dyad is one soul
In two bodies - this works in Anakin but Anakin struggles to contain both sides and so does Ben . Why ? Because they are men. There is no outlet . It works with Luke and leia because they are twins ( the other way you could technically have one soul split in two just like one egg split in two ). Anyway why is Rey different ? Because she is a woman . This technically means Ben could live again via Rey or at least part of his spirit . The woman who comes from
Darkness gives birth to
Darkness - this is a prophecy in Star Wars . It applied to leia and shimi and now probably Rey too - possibly ...The gospel tells us that Mary ( meaning rebellion ) is told the power of the most high will cover her with his shadow . The shadow . She then exclaims “my soul magnifies the lord my God my saviour . “Magnify is another word for amplify . Exogal is another word for amplifier and also means outside girl in Greek . Moreover Rey’s behaviour at the end could be seen as nesting - that’s why she seems serene , at peace . She possibly has another big secret . Am sure we’ll find out more info at some Point.

Already tons of info is coming out from JJ Abrams ( the question Finn wanted to ask rey was that he was force sensitive which is what I thought so as he sensed her death ) and the visual dictionary just out ( get my copy tomorrow ) is hinting that Jannah is indeed Lando’s daughter . I wonder what else it reveals . Am trying to stay positive simply because I love Star Wars and the world it’s in and potential stories that could happen. JJ Abrams did have a tough job on his hands to try and reconcile the fandom after TLJ and it’s like he tried to give everyone a little bit . At the end of the day reylos got the most - we got reylo and bendemption . What we didn’t get was the happily ever after . At least not yet . I know lots of people who didn’t like reylo but now that they saw what Ben did has made them do a u turn and they now love his character .
Am just glad we understood what Ben really was about all along and that is a win for us. I’ve already noticed on some forums they aren’t referring to Ben’s death but calling it a disappearance and wondering what project luminous will bring . I will see it again in next few days because of all the details I’ve missed and will probably share more thoughts then. May the force be with you all .
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Ddb2b310Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Cc0bda10
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 A2f00510Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 B3ae5110
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 D6b19a10Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 863b3f10
Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 5f869910

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Sat 21 Dec - 22:21; edited 5 times in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 21 Dec - 21:58

@vinventure12 wrote:And is anyone else feeling like a clown for putting time and research and writing beautiful theories and meta? Also trying to figure out the symbolism the directors were putting into the movies so we can pick up on foreshadowing and where the story was going to go? I think that's why some of us are pointing to our gut feelings and believing that the things we saw in the movies were pointing it toward going this way in the story. But there was no plan! I feel like an idiot for thinking there ever was. The symbolism was pointless, foreshadowing was just them creating pretty visuals and trying their hand at character development. I should just buy a big red clown nose and walk around wearing it for the rest of my life.
@vinventure12
Nope, because Rian's film was worth it.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 21 Dec - 21:59

@MindAndMagic wrote:Honestly, I just wish RJ had written and directed the whole trilogy. We wouldn't have ended up with this mess if that was the case. As much as I acknowledge JJ's great casting instincts, it's becoming clear to me he didn't really have a clear idea of what he was doing with these characters and didn't realise the potential they had. It was people around him like L Kasdan who were more in tune with the compelling aspects of those dynamics, particularly Rey and Ben.

Say what you want about RJ, the choices he made in TLJ may not appeal to everyone's taste and that's only natural. But one thing that is undeniable is that this person had creative vision. He knew what he wanted and where he was going. Thus we got a film that stood out, made you think, had nuanced characterizations/interactions and unique visual style. I will never stop respecting that. We got the best Rey/Kylo moments (especially the hand touch scene, which is my favourite ST trilogy moment) under his direction and I'll always be thankful for those. He never tried to appeal to any fanbase or even worse, try to please everybody by ticking items off a nostalgia checklist. Even more importantly, he handled the controversy surrounding his own film with grace and always showed respect towards everyone he worked with. I'm seeing Knives Out tomorrow and based on what I've heard, will surely enjoy myself.
@MindAndMagic
I'm also seeing Knives out in a few hours. Smile
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 21 Dec - 22:01

@vinventure12 wrote:And is anyone else feeling like a clown for putting time and research and writing beautiful theories and meta? Also trying to figure out the symbolism the directors were putting into the movies so we can pick up on foreshadowing and where the story was going to go? I think that's why some of us are pointing to our gut feelings and believing that the things we saw in the movies were pointing it toward going this way in the story. But there was no plan! I feel like an idiot for thinking there ever was. The symbolism was pointless, foreshadowing was just them creating pretty visuals and trying their hand at character development. I should just buy a big red clown nose and walk around wearing it for the rest of my life.
@vinventure12

I am def full clown

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Giphy

But alas.. I learned so much ... it was all worth it..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 21 Dec - 22:04

@rey09 wrote:

I'm also very religious and understand where you coming from. But I also think religious people pick and choose who deserve redemption based on who they like or not, which I find gross. It's not consistent. ake a fake one. It’s such a nauseating story honestly. They had 0 imagination.
@rey09

I'm not religious at all - but I totally believe in redemption and forgiveness...we're all human and product of our upbringing and circumstances. We make mistakes and we shouldn't be only defined by them. Of course in real life you have to face consequences for crimes but this is fiction, fantasy space opera. I still can't believe how people can't distinguish between reality and fiction.

We all have our biases - that's only human. But it would've been so much more interesting to have a redemption where the former villain lives...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 22:06

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@vinventure12

I am def full clown

Official TROS Spoilers discussion - Page 38 Giphy

But alas.. I learned so much ... it was all worth it..
@spacebaby45678

Ditto.

But I've learned severl valuable lessons as a writer and filmmaker.

Stick with your gut ideas, dont go in wild directions to stay ahead of people, have a solid beginning, middle and end but allow flexibility. Dont have too many cooks in the kitchen spoiling the broth. Have a freaking plan and stick to it lol.

Last edited by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 21 Dec - 22:07

@Mila95 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Hey guys, here's today's reminder that Palpatine had sex. Palpatine f***ed. And not charismatic "human" Palpatine from the prequels, but dead Sith Emperor Palpatine from the OT. He had sex with a woman and conceived a child.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I feel sick every time I remember it lmao. I feel like not a lot of people are realizing the math here and that his son isn't old enough to be conceived before the events of the OT. And that's just, I mean there are no adequate words really

Exactly what I was thinking
Palpatine was middle aged when he first met Anakin. So how come his grandchild is younger than Anakin's?
....?
Ewww.
I'm asexual but despite this I now have a picture in my head I can't get rid of.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum