Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by fuhry on Fri 20 Dec - 14:53

I want to have a thread for the Rey Kenobists out there, like myself, who saw a great opportunity lost.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 333
Likes : 1184
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-06

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 20 Dec - 15:36

If Rey was a Kenobi Ben would be alive... end of...

I will have more to say after I see it sometime this weekend. I am not in a rush to see it.. I will fit this movie in between my Christmas shopping, cleaning and baking..

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Fri 20 Dec - 15:48

Yes I am just fresh from seeing the movie. All the emotional beats for rey towards the end, you can see that palp is not a natural fit, it can be removed and kenobi inserted. What's more, rey and kylo burying obi wans and Anakins saber together on tatooine  and walking into the twin suns would have been far more emotional, impactful and symbolic of the entire saga. Not this literal contrived rey palpatine nonsense

What's more, you can see the Rey kenobi residue, and now all the emotional parts and epic parts have no emotional weight.

Removing obi wans saber and rey kenobi has destroyed this movie and what it could have meant to the saga.


Kylo stabs salad  bowl...he was meant to pick up Reys grand fathers lost light saber outside Vaders castle but instead.. he now picks up some stupid pyramid. TFA teaser had the original saber in it.

They didnt even bother to change the shape of obi wans saber. Its obi wans reskinned as leias, just look at it lmao.

The moment you can see the residue of what this story was meant to be happens the moment rey reaches past the palpatine lightning, to the starts where Obi Wan Kenobi picks up his fallen grandchild and tells her "these are your final steps"  first one to reach to her is him. No one else. You.would think it would be Luke, no?

Then you have the second residue

Kylo has Anakins saber, rey has obi wans and they ignight together, when the sabers fall next to who is supposed to be anakin and obi wan, you can see it again, now the impact of what could have been, is completely lost.

Final residue,  is where Ben should be alive with rey burying obi wans and Anakins sabers on tatooine. Then walk into the twin suns, anakins blood and Kenobis blood on tatooine where they belong together.

About 10 million times more more sensical than this horrendous retcon, palpatine crap.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 20 Dec - 15:59

The Rey Kenobi thread should be hashtagged.. the Unified Saga Theorem
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by fuhry on Fri 20 Dec - 16:00

A lot of people said that making Rey a Kenobi was too complicated a story to tell in a 2 hour movie.  But I think the one they told was more complicated.  They jammed 3 new characters in the film, Pryde (Grant was magnificent, but was only there so they could continue the 'Hux as buffoon' storyline), Janna (who was also awesome as Finn's latest fling) and Zorii (who was a fun character, but... did we really need to know about Poe's past?).  And they introduced Rey's parents and the idea that Palpatine had (or even could have) a child.  Not to mention on top of introducing the idea that Palpatine survived the pit fall and the destruction of the death star.  They had a lot to wrap up, especially because the picture painted by the first two films was a big mystery box. And they didn't make it any easier on themselves!

I spent a lot of time in my headcanon thinking about ways to make this movie without it turning into a jampacked Avengers Endgame style hyperspeed sceneflash. It doesn't seem that J.J. and Terrio spent all that much time worrying about that.

I do think that there was some sort of contractual obligation to add new characters.  With all the stuff that needed to be resolved, the three new characters were not really connected to the saga, except that Pryde, I guess, it is suggested that maybe he was the guy who saved Palpatine.

I get the idea of bringing back Palpatine to close the saga.  My headcanon idea was that something our heroes are doing is making it easy for beings like Palpatine and Snoke to come in and take over, and the penultimate trilogy and movie would be about our heroes learning to stop doing that.  But having Palpatine survive somehow and now reveal himself toward the end of his long plan to put himself back on the throne works as an idea.

It would be nice if they spent a little bit of time explaining how that actually happened, because it's kind of important.  Unless you only want action fun and don't care much about depth Sad

Even the way they did it, it would have been poetic to show how, as the Emperor destroyed the Jedi and rose to power by splitting Kenobi and Skywalker, their grandchildren, against all odds, come together to destroy him.  And, then we find out, he wants them together, because he wants to harness the power of Skywalker and Kenobi this time, rather than just split them apart.

All they had to do was have Pryde be Rey's dad  - that would give her familial connection to evil - and then find out Pryde is obi-wan's son.  See, Kenobi also had a son that went bad.  I think it would have been just as easy.  Then you get the Kenobi/Skywalker connection and rhyme with the PT. That would also make Pryde a more complex character and not just Tarkin-lite. Having Pryde show humanity rather than Hux makes sense, but I guess Hux gets the cheap laugh.

I get the idea that family doesn't define you.  I don't think Rey Palpatine was a bad idea necessarily.  The problem is that it humanizes Palpatine.   And him having children is pretty much never even suggested.  The movie doesn't humanize Palpatine at all. But the idea that Kenobi could have descendants is teased in TCW. The idea the Palpatine could have descendants is only in Legends.

I don't know, the whole thing is just weird.  

On to Ben's fate:  I get that Bendemption is a difficult and maybe impossible thing for Finn, Poe, and the rest of the resistance to accept.  It's hard to imagine Ben being at that resistance celebration.  If the movie had ended there, it would have made sense that Ben died.  But if Rey is going to end up on Tatooine by herself anyway, why not have Ben live and be there with her?  I can see no reason.

Maybe it's all a product of Disney being in charge of these things, but I feel like the whole thing ended up being a little shallow.  It seemed like they were contractually obligated to create 3 new merch characters every movie.  It kind of rubbed me the wrong way how Rose got sidelined in this movie.  But there was plenty of time to shoehorn in Jannah and Zorii!  

Things I did enjoy:  Rey seemed more like the Rey from TFA, which I really enjoyed seeing.  The Poe-3PO interaction was great.  I loved that initial argument between Rey and Poe.  We got good dose of Star Wars banter and fun.  My expectations were low, and I didn't get to the point where I was taken out of the action entirely.  

In the end, Star Wars (the original) was magic - a creative intellectual without a real sense of how to entertain people stumbled into a partnership with John Williams and Lawrence Kasdan and whomever was in charge of casting, and a magic thing happened.  Years later, it's big business, trying to capture the magic and the money.  The ST had some good moments  and some bad ones.  They had an interesting decision making process and it didn't quite work to make great cinema, but I guess it was good enough to make the money and maybe be better than the PT.

It's out of all of our control.  I, and a lot of other folks, think I could have done a better job.  Some of us are right and some of us are wrong.  All we can do is try to create magic in our own lives, and try to put magic teams together.

It's been a wonderful journey with all you Reylo folks and I'm glad we got our kiss.  May you all find magic in your lives.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 333
Likes : 1184
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-06

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Fri 20 Dec - 17:09

The last shot is what truly killed me.

What symbolic significance in regards to this entire saga does a f****ing palpatine have walking into the twin suns with a droid? This is an abomination. Tatooine is obi wan and the skywalkers.

If they set it up from 7, had her coming to terms with who she is over 3 movies but they didnt. They also would have had time to remove the obvious obi wan kenobi story beats which make no sense if shes a palpatine.

It's a mess

Make your kenobi a palpatine but keep all the emotional obi wan kenobi beats but shove some contrived palp paint on it because YouTube algorithms tell you Rey Palp is the most popular theory..the symbolism is lost. Emotional weight to all the final scenes and sabers is lost. The theme with Leia & Rey being her only hope..Lost.

I'm sorry to keep ranting, I'm just so pissed lol

Lucasfilm, JJ et al if you are reading the board (highly unlikely). Please know that some of us can see what you have retconned and the pure laziness that you couldnt create an actual believable rey palpatine story.

You could have at least removed the obi wan kenobi tractor beam tower from all the posters...

You could have at least removed your original rey kenobi emotional beats from the closing parts of the movie. The end result is a mess which is stripped of all the emotion and symbolism it should have been.

Yes some of us can see obi wan alone was meant to reach out to her when she sees past the lightning to the stars. If shes miss palp Skywalker,  why does obi wan reach out to her first? That moment is straight up "remember who you are" from the Lion King. Wtf is this mess?

Yes some of is can see that was meant to be obi wans lost saber, her rightful saber, not a Leia skinned obi wan shaped, meaningless saber introduced last minute to replace obi wans.


Yes that was meant to be the blood of kenobi returning to tatooine with a Skywalker burying their ancestors sabers  and they were supposed to walk into the suns. Together  alive and whole.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Socialnole on Fri 20 Dec - 18:02

@Gemini wrote:The last shot is what truly killed me.

What symbolic significance in regards to this entire saga does a f****ing palpatine have walking into the twin suns with a droid? This is an abomination. Tatooine is obi wan and the skywalkers.

If they set it up from 7, had her coming to terms with who she is over 3 movies but they didnt. They also would have had time to remove the obvious obi wan kenobi story beats which make no sense if shes a palpatine.

It's a mess

Make your kenobi a palpatine but keep all the emotional obi wan kenobi beats but shove some contrived palp paint on it because YouTube algorithms tell you Rey Palp is the most popular theory..the symbolism is lost. Emotional weight to all the final scenes and sabers is lost. The theme with Leia & Rey being her only hope..Lost.

I'm sorry to keep ranting, I'm just so pissed lol

Lucasfilm, JJ et al if you are reading the board (highly unlikely). Please know that some of us can see what you have retconned and the pure laziness that you couldnt create an actual believable rey palpatine story.

You could have at least removed the obi wan kenobi tractor beam tower from all the posters...

You could have at least removed your original rey kenobi emotional beats from the closing parts of the movie. The end result is a mess which is stripped of all the emotion and symbolism it should have been.

Yes some of us can see obi wan alone was meant to reach out to her when she sees past the lightning to the stars. If shes miss palp Skywalker,  why does obi wan reach out to her first? That moment is straight up "remember who you are" from the Lion King. Wtf is this mess?

Yes some of is can see that was meant to be obi wans lost saber, her rightful saber, not a Leia skinned obi wan shaped, meaningless saber introduced last minute to replace obi wans.


Yes that was meant to be the blood of kenobi returning to tatooine with a Skywalker burying their ancestors sabers  and they were supposed to walk into the suns. Together  alive and whole.
@Gemini

I was rooting for Kenobi from TFA and thought it would have tied the series nicely together where a Kenobi was finally able to save a Skywalker from the Dark Side. I was so sure that this was what was going to happen when they announced the Obi-Wan series (thought see! this is how they will tie everything together) ...what a giant waste to gather more viewers to watch that series.
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 52
Likes : 348
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 20 Dec - 20:54

@spacebaby45678 wrote:If Rey was a Kenobi Ben would be alive... end of...

I will have more to say after I see it sometime this weekend. I am not in a rush to see it.. I will fit this movie in between my Christmas shopping, cleaning and baking..

@spacebaby45678

Perfection!
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 718
Likes : 2040
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-11
Localisation : Rome

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 12:09

Where is the hope? The hope died when the directors decided to abandon original ideas. Hope died when rey became a nobody and then a Palpatine. Hope for Ben Solo to live died when  Rey ceased to be Rey Kenobi, Leias only hope to save her son and get the Skywalkers on the right track. That theme was the glue this ST was meant to be.

I fel that Ben would still have died for Rey Random, for sure. Theres no way you are going to push "you dont need to have a lineage to be special" and then not have rey nobody take everything in the end. I prefer rey random, but she is also open for this ending. Taking the name. It would have  been less horrendous than a palp doing this .

Your lineage characters stand a strong chance of being killed off the second they want to push a nobody as a hero.

Theres also no way this would end with a palp and Skywalker making babies.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 21 Dec - 13:10

@Gemini wrote:Where is the hope? The hope died when the directors decided to abandon original ideas. Hope died when rey became a nobody and then a Palpatine. Hope for Ben Solo to live died when  Rey ceased to be Rey Kenobi, Leias only hope to save her son and get the Skywalkers on the right track. That theme was the glue this ST was meant to be.

I fel that Ben would still have died for Rey Random, for sure. Theres no way you are going to push "you dont need to have a lineage to be special" and then not have rey nobody take everything in the end. I prefer rey random, but she is also open for this ending. Taking the name. It would have  been less horrendous than a palp doing this .

Your lineage characters stand a strong chance of being killed off the second they want to push a nobody as a hero.

Theres also no way this would end with a palp and Skywalker making babies.
@Gemini

^^^^^This post is everything and why I as a reylo put all my chips on Rey Kenobi.. she would have delivered the picture book Saga ending..

and can I say.. we know they deviated from the regular endings because the ST never once provided the rhyme to ROTS, AOTC, ESB ending.. and that is major BS..

to hell with DLF... honestly..

Rey Kenobi Postmortem PX6T4
Rey Kenobi Postmortem Maxresdefault
Rey Kenobi Postmortem JA0H0

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 13:41

Although I prefer Rey Random over Rey palpatine. I sense there was still a massive chance Ben would die saving rey random. If the theme of lineage not being important is raised for the hero, theres a strong chance lineage characters  will be wiped clean and she will take the mantle. The random will take it all. In a sense she did still wipe Palpatine away. Destroying all true lineage in this movie.

Again I would have preferred this to Rey Palpatine sickeningly taking the Skywalker   name. A random doing it is a lot easier to swallow and flows more naturally at the end.

The reason I clung to rey kenobi was  not to so much an obsession with family names I clung to it because of what it means for reylo.

It would have ensured them both surviving and walking into the sunset on the planet, both their ancestors once called home in a bond which kept them at eachothers side, always.

Instead of them both symbolizing the twin suns. You have a palpatine over one and a droid in the other..

God...


a sense if the whole trilogy

You had a choice between

rey palpatine living alone on a desert planet, called to the skywalkers by Obi Wan reaching out to her through Anakins saber, she then is drawn to helping all of them, finding belonging with the skywalkers and then they all die and she takes their name.

Rey random, alone on a sand planet, accidentally stumbles into the special world by touching anakins saber, obi wan reaches out to her, she finds belonging with the Skywalkers but its not symbolic to much in the saga. The theme of being nobody and special is pushed, the skywalkers die for a nobody and she takes their name out of honor in the end and ends up alone on a sand planet.

Rey kenobi is living alone on a sand planet, feels a draw to elsewhere, feels she has belonging elsewhere. Is called by kenobi to Anakins saber where she learns she must save the skywalkers using the saber as a calling to Luke and ben. She finds her natural belonging with them all, they all die and she ends up on tatooine taking the name? Not an option. It would have forced it to end differently. The rising Skywalker would have been Ben. BEN/Kenobi on tatooine. Ben Kenobi.

Lawd what have they done.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Sat 21 Dec - 17:16

Its hilarious to me, rey palp does not fit with anything about Rey in this saga, she  naturally fits into obi wans spot and those two sabers should have naturally made a  appearance in the final ST. But  no look shes in Luke's spot...so ReY PaLpAtIne SkYwAlKeR and RanDom nEw MeAningLess Leia SaBeR

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Screen98
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec - 0:45

And so the shade of pseudo relations begins.. the taint will never leave Reylo.. JJ what have you done?

Rey Kenobi Postmortem EMVGJGQXsAELXAX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by fuhry on Sun 22 Dec - 15:30

In the end, I thought J.J. did a great job with TFA, and I think that's because he's really good at creating bundles of cool mystery. But, as with Lost, he's not so good at wrapping them up. He just keeps creating bundles of mystery and short-arms the exposition of truth behind the mystery.

Rian, in the middle chapter, did some cool stuff, but instead of taking the story and characters he had been given and continuing it, he sidelined characters, created his own extra characters and seemed almost hostile to the idea that he had to work with someone else's characters.

I hated the dialogue in the PT, but I think ROTS wrapped up that story in a much more believable way. That said, J.J. coming back did revitalize the central protagonists Rey, Finn, and Poe (and 3PO) and made them fun to watch. But he also kept creating more branches of the storyline.

Years ago, I rewrote the script of ROTS to fix some terrible dialogue and minor story elements and tie things together better. To me, that's the canon that lives on in my head.

With TLJ, I got the script and rewrote it to fix some things that I thought were dumb. For example, I made Hux less of a laughingstock. Instead of having Finn run away, I had him and Rose be stranded on the base and captured by the FO, then escape and stow away on a ship to Canto Bight. I made a plot point of Finn not knowing how TFA turned out. I made Luke a little less of an a**. And that's the canon that lives in my head. I can still watch the movies because a lot of the action is still the same, but I can also read my altered script and feel better about it. If I had serious video editing chops, I might be able to fan edit the films to fit my script.

I'll likely do the same thing with TROS.
1. I'll have Ben survive and go with Rey to Tatooine to live a the Lars homestead.
2. I'll make Pryde into the former Korkie Kryze, reveal him as Rey's dad who abandoned her and probably killed her mom because he hates force users and her mom was a force user. He'd be the guy that wants to take Kylo out. I don't think I would even bother to explicitly state that he's Obi-wan's son, but just suggest it.
3. Hux would be the guy in touch with Palpatine.
4. Snoke would not be some Clone that Palpatine created. Snoke would be some survived inquisitor Palpatine loyalist who's job is to set the stage for his return. I mean, if you were going to create a clone, why would you create some f**** up damaged mess like Snoke? That made no f****ing sense at all.
5. I probably would explain Palpatine's survival as him entering the World between Worlds, and needing to find Sith Artifacts in order to build a way to get out. In any case there would be SOME EXPLANATION.
6. I wouldn't have Rey go back to Atch-to and burn Kylo's ship and then use Luke's X-wing. If Luke's X-wing was operational after sitting under salt water for YEARS, why didn't Luke use it to go to Crait? That was dumb.
7. Luke's conversation with Rey would be more mysterious and emotional. I don't know, something about his appearance wasn't right.
8. Instead of using the character of Zorii Bliss to expose Poe's backstory (why do we need to see Poe's backstory in this movie? I mean, I thought that stuff was fun to watch but given all the stuff that was glossed over, did we really need to use screentime to explore that?) I would have used her to expose Rey's backstory, which is what everyone needs to know! Like, make her part of Rey's family that survived! Hello!

That's all I've got at the moment.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 333
Likes : 1184
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-06

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 22 Dec - 15:46

@fuhry wrote:In the end, I thought J.J. did a great job with TFA, and I think that's because he's really good at creating bundles of cool mystery. But, as with Lost, he's not so good at wrapping them up. He just keeps creating bundles of mystery and short-arms the exposition of truth behind the mystery.

Rian, in the middle chapter, did some cool stuff, but instead of taking the story and characters he had been given and continuing it, he sidelined characters, created his own extra characters and seemed almost hostile to the idea that he had to work with someone else's characters.

I hated the dialogue in the PT, but I think ROTS wrapped up that story in a much more believable way. That said, J.J. coming back did revitalize the central protagonists Rey, Finn, and Poe (and 3PO) and made them fun to watch. But he also kept creating more branches of the storyline.

Years ago, I rewrote the script of ROTS to fix some terrible dialogue and minor story elements and tie things together better. To me, that's the canon that lives on in my head.

With TLJ, I got the script and rewrote it to fix some things that I thought were dumb. For example, I made Hux less of a laughingstock. Instead of having Finn run away, I had him and Rose be stranded on the base and captured by the FO, then escape and stow away on a ship to Canto Bight. I made a plot point of Finn not knowing how TFA turned out. I made Luke a little less of an a**. And that's the canon that lives in my head. I can still watch the movies because a lot of the action is still the same, but I can also read my altered script and feel better about it. If I had serious video editing chops, I might be able to fan edit the films to fit my script.

I'll likely do the same thing with TROS.
1. I'll have Ben survive and go with Rey to Tatooine to live a the Lars homestead.
2. I'll make Pryde into the former Korkie Kryze, reveal him as Rey's dad who abandoned her and probably killed her mom because he hates force users and her mom was a force user. He'd be the guy that wants to take Kylo out. I don't think I would even bother to explicitly state that he's Obi-wan's son, but just suggest it.
3. Hux would be the guy in touch with Palpatine.
4. Snoke would not be some Clone that Palpatine created. Snoke would be some survived inquisitor Palpatine loyalist who's job is to set the stage for his return. I mean, if you were going to create a clone, why would you create some f**** up damaged mess like Snoke? That made no f****ing sense at all.
5. I probably would explain Palpatine's survival as him entering the World between Worlds, and needing to find Sith Artifacts in order to build a way to get out. In any case there would be SOME EXPLANATION.
6. I wouldn't have Rey go back to Atch-to and burn Kylo's ship and then use Luke's X-wing. If Luke's X-wing was operational after sitting under salt water for YEARS, why didn't Luke use it to go to Crait? That was dumb.
7. Luke's conversation with Rey would be more mysterious and emotional. I don't know, something about his appearance wasn't right.
8. Instead of using the character of Zorii Bliss to expose Poe's backstory (why do we need to see Poe's backstory in this movie? I mean, I thought that stuff was fun to watch but given all the stuff that was glossed over, did we really need to use screentime to explore that?) I would have used her to expose Rey's backstory, which is what everyone needs to know! Like, make her part of Rey's family that survived! Hello!

That's all I've got at the moment.
@fuhry

That is really beautiful.. I have not seen the movie yet but I will go with your version

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Mon 23 Dec - 13:18

This is how you also know Rey Palpatine was not the answer in TFA

They would have revealed it immediately and got a much better story out of her coming to terms with it as she finds the Skywalkers. It would not spell out clear redemption for Kylo Ren, you would be led to  believe they would both fall.

She was a kenobi, it's so obvious  but they hid it because it would literally tell you the original ending of the story (an ending where they lazily didnt even remove the Rey Kenobi emotional beats).

The story would be obvious. Rey Kenobi helps to redeem the last Skywalker and they bury their ancestral blades on the planet their grandparents lived. Obis sacrifice for the skywalkers would not be in vein and remembered (it's even on the f****ing poster still) the elder Skywalkers would have sacrificed themselves for a young kenobi. As kenobi once did for them all.


Anakin probably once reached out to Ben when he picked up Kenobis saber on Mustafar (TFA teaser), sparking the seeds of reylo and redemption. Just like kenobi reached out to Rey to show her what she must do to help Ben. They were probably  reaching out to their grandchildren trying to save them both from a miserable life and put them on the correct path. Their true destiny.

Lost.

Gone.

Leias pointless obi wan shaped saber is all that remains of this once beautiful, deep plot device.

Leias only hope (Rey Kenobi) would have  helped the last Skywalker rise, As Obi Wan kenobi once did for a Skywslker on tatooine. She would help Ben rise from the darkness. Only Hope would have been the glue and message of the ST. The twin suns would represent what they were meant to represent in that shot, Skywalker and Kenobi. Not a Palpatine and a Droid.. no significant or emotional weight is in the final shot of ths saga.

Ben and rey and a baby, on tatooine. Sure of it. The mans name is BEN for gods sake. BEN kenobi, tatooine.

Rey Random closed the coffin on this once beautiful theme, Rey Palpatine buried it forever. The antis hatred of reylo killed Rey Kenobi.

The ensured survival of Ben Solo ended when Leias Only Hope died. When a lead character starts suggesting the theme of not needing a lineage, red flag that all lineage will be wiped away.

RJ even put Rey Kenobi hints in his own film (leias hologram,)  left it to be picked up again but JJ and Co scrapped it...


That explains his character in Knives Out Benoit Ben Kenobi...always hovering but never utilised.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 23 Dec - 14:46

Anakin should have told his grandson to balance the force like he once did...

Lol

Yes I am glad that TROS is failed in the box office this weekend.. Terrio & JJ went for Shock and Awe with Rey Palpy and they gambled on that and lost.. haha!

And what I know about mythology.. Rey palps gamble is about to cut TROS off at the legs.. no pun.. haha!

Rey Kenobi Postmortem GrossRashAoudad-size_restricted


Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 23 Dec - 15:48; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Mon 23 Dec - 14:51

@spacebaby45678

Yes that line was meant for Ben! What significance does it have being said to Rey Palpatine? Empty symbolism.

Plz kill meh!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 23 Dec - 15:47

@Gemini wrote:@spacebaby45678

Yes that line was meant for Ben! What significance does it have being said to Rey Palpatine? Empty symbolism.

Plz kill meh!
@Gemini

The only entity committing suicide is Lucas Film...

Their only saving grace is Baby Yoda and Deborah Chow..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Mon 23 Dec - 16:11

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:@spacebaby45678

Yes that line was meant for Ben! What significance does it have being said to Rey Palpatine?  Empty symbolism.

Plz kill meh!
@Gemini

The only entity committing suicide is Lucas Film...

Their only saving grace is Baby Yoda and Deborah Chow..
@spacebaby45678

Dont hold your breath. Baby Yoda is either a meaningless random who will have no baring on the past, present, or future of the story. You will  not get his backstory. Hes just a  nostalgia grab.

He shows bad powers in the recent one...get ready for child of satan baby Yoda as well.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 23 Dec - 17:34

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:@spacebaby45678

Yes that line was meant for Ben! What significance does it have being said to Rey Palpatine?  Empty symbolism.

Plz kill meh!
@Gemini

The only entity committing suicide is Lucas Film...

Their only saving grace is Baby Yoda and Deborah Chow..
@spacebaby45678

Dont hold your breath. Baby Yoda is either a meaningless random who will have no baring on the past, present, or future of the story. You will  not get his backstory. Hes just a  nostalgia grab.

He shows bad powers in the recent one...get ready for child of satan baby Yoda as well.

@Gemini

Did you see that? Oh lord.. he is the thing in the egg that can destroy the universe.. Are we seeing the origin story of the future villain on the level of Palps..??

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by Gemini on Mon 23 Dec - 22:55

Let's do a Rey Palpatine files thread and discuss all the foreshadowing in the films leading up to Satan revealing she is his crotch goblin

The thread will be

LIGHTNING HANDS

AND then:

*crickets*

*tumbleweed*
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3436
Likes : 13887
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 24 Dec - 4:53

@Gemini wrote:Let's do a Rey Palpatine files thread and discuss all the foreshadowing in the films leading up to Satan revealing she is his crotch goblin

The thread will be

LIGHTNING HANDS

AND then:

*crickets*

*tumbleweed*
@Gemini

did Luke ever.. and I mean EVER act like Darth Vader to show he was related to him?
NO the answer is NO!
OMG demon Rey and her being all angry and dark in the movie to show Palpatine lineage is ridiculous..
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 24 Dec - 14:56

Rey Kenobi the only right answer for the kids, for the saga, for Reylo happy ending..

But no! Lineage getting subsumed by a political point of view with Rey Nobody.. then the huge over reach to win back male fans with Rey Palpy... UGH

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3916
Likes : 9517
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Rey Kenobi Postmortem Empty Re: Rey Kenobi Postmortem

Post by bruna8728 on Tue 24 Dec - 17:47

Yes is really unfortunate that they choose the Palpatine way and executed it poorly. If the GA wanted so much that Rey have to be releated to someone, Kenobi would be the best option.

bruna8728
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 31
Likes : 133
Date d'inscription : 2018-04-13
Age : 31
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum